New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Black Crusade 2E: The Argent Observatory (IC)

"Oh, aye, the information in there is solid enough. Only, if'n he never expected another living soul to see these, then how come there's nought of what he learned working for the Inquisition, aye? Everything's from the journal. What proof do you have that he ever got caught up?"
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

2. - Top - End - #152
    Bugbear in the Playground

RangerGuy

Acting on that cue, the Thousand Sons sorcerer springs into action.

He slowly shifts his body, taking the opportunity to aim his bolter at De Torvega, and pulls the trigger. A burst of rocket-propelled explosive rounds leave the bolter and detonate against the "captain". Two rounds impact his body, and the third round detonates against his arm.

The explosive rounds don't seem to do as much damage as they should have...perhaps they were defective or old. After all, the marine is centuries old.

Spoiler: Suprise Attack
    Show
    Half Action: Aim (+10)
    Half Action: Semi-Auto Burst

BS: 45 +30 Point Blank +30 Surprised +10 Aim +0 Semi-Auto
    Total: 115

95 or lower = 2 hits
    75 or lower = 3 hits

Attack: (1d100)[74]

First Round Damage: ((1d10)[1] or (1d10)[2]) +9 X (11 Damage, Pen 4, Body)
    Second Round Damage: ((1d10)[1] or (1d10)[1]) +9 X (10 Damage, Pen 4, Body)
    Third Round Damage: ((1d10)[4] or (1d10)[9]) +9 X (18 Damage, Pen 4, Arm)

Ammunition: 21/24

Talk about ****ty damage rolls...
    Last edited by Janwin; 2019-05-28 at 09:35 AM.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Zahariel launches into action, drawing Kinslayer and driving it through the shocked meltagunner. He pulls his sword free and advances on the remaining guards. Surrender and live or fight and die. I leave the choice to you.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Stab and then move.
    (1d100)[94] vs 112 (47+30 surprise +20 aim +10 single attack+5 craftsmanship)
    Damage (1d10+16)[24] pen 8 (+2 damage and Pen from using a Legacy Weapon)

4. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground

The meltagunner crumpled to the ground moments after Amon fired, run through by Zahariel's blade. The captain had only moments to look shocked before dying, the mass-reactive shells of the legion bolter Amon carried blowing his body and arm apart in a rain of gore. Seconds later, all the ammunition the captain had been carrying cooked off, his still-holstered gun exploding, sending shards of lethal shrapnel scything through the ranks of the armsmen behind him. These did little more than ping off the powerful armour of the Space Marines, but Heidric and Sol were less fortunate, both sustaining minor injuries. The armsmen took the brunt of the explosion, stumbling backwards, away from the smoking ruin of the captain's chair.

Half of them surrendered immediately, throwing down their guns and cowering before Zahariel. The other four, crazy or stupid, raised their weapons to fire.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

5. - Top - End - #155

Goblin

Finally.

Elisanth paused briefly, savouring the shock written upon the captain's features and the sensation of the blood hitting his faceplate. Then, calmly, yet still faster than anyone else in the room, he drew his sword and plunged it through the guard carrying the missile launcher.

Spoiler: OOC:
    Show
    All-out Attack: (1d100)[95] TN 111 (WS 51 + 30 Surprised + 30 All-out Attack)
    Damage: (1d10+6)[10] (+10 as I forgot to account for Strength) Pen 6
    Last edited by Morovir; 2019-05-29 at 02:56 PM.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ettin in the Playground

Already leaning back when the fight starts, Heidric is surprised by shrapnel and chooses to fall back off his chair rather then remain in the line of fire. From the ground he will shout a few words in a ancient language at the nearest guard who was stupid enough not to have surrended. With one hand he will make a squeezing motion. At the sound a thin stream of blood will start to run down from his own eye. He was used to the cost by now, but he looks less cheerful then usual.

Spoiler
    Show

Half Action - Exsanguine
    Half Action - Stand

Radical's Handbook 171.
    Opposed Wp against target's T. If Heidric wins the target takes 8 damage (Heidric's WpB x 2) unmodified by armour or T and will suffer Blood loss

vs. Wp 46
    (1d100)[14]

7. - Top - End - #157

RangerGuy

Amon Ram simply swivels his bolter on toward the next individual who refused to surrender, calmly steps over to him, and pulls the trigger.

Unfortunately, all the rounds go stray. The Emperor seems to protect this one.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Target priority: Missile Launcher (don't think we get surprise this round; if so, he sadly isn't dead and needs to be)
    Half: Move to Point Blank
    Half: Semi-Auto Burst

Attack: (1d100)[95] vs TN 75 (BS 45 + 30 Point Blank) | <=55 = 2 hits, <=35 = 3 hits
    Damage: (1d10)[4] or (1d10)[5] + 9 X
    Damage: (1d10)[3] or (1d10)[2] + 9 X
    Damage: (1d10)[1] or (1d10)[10] + 9 X

Fate Reroll in OOC: 83 - Still misses

Ammo: 18/24
    Fate: 2/4
    Last edited by Janwin; 2019-05-30 at 09:43 AM.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

Sol wasn't nearly as hearty as he had been at a young age, and had taken several shards of shrapnel in his chest. Snapping his whip at one opponent, he ducked back sharply behind the bulk of the astartes.

Spoiler
    Show
    Half Action Standard Attack on one of the guards - a wounded but alive one if there are any - then half move behind Zahariel.

(1d100)[5] vs 43 - 28 WS +5 quality, +10 Single Attack, (2d10b1)[6]+3

Hit for nine damage, Pen 2.
    Last edited by LeSwordfish; 2019-05-30 at 05:32 PM.

9. - Top - End - #159

Goblin

Licking his lips, Elisanth sprang at the last shocked guard, his blade spinning out to offer up another soul to the Dark Prince.

Spoiler: OOC:
    Show
    All-Out Attack/Charge (depending on how far away the guard is): (1d100)[52] TN 81/71 (WS 51 + 30 All-Out Attack/20 Charge)
    Damage: (1d10+16)[18] Pen 6

10. - Top - End - #160
    Titan in the Playground

The launcher-armed guard dropped to the ground, his weapon clattering away across the deck. Lightning fast, Elisanth was on the next guard, who threw up an arm to block the blow. What might have been a killing stroke instead carved a bone-deep gash through his forearm, splitting armour and flesh as easily as paper. Next to him, another man collapsed, blood leaking through his uniform, the life crushed out of him by Heidric's sorcery.

Sol's whip flicked out, striking one of the wounded men and forcing him back. He took another look at the situation; his comrades surrendered or dead, one falling back from Elisanth clutching his useless arm, one slain by vile magick, and decided he was out of his league. He threw down his weapon as well, raising his hands.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

11. - Top - End - #161

RangerGuy

Amon Ram nods. "I see you have finally decided to show some sense. If I understand your methodology of succession here, the last one who killed your captain became the new captain. I've killed your new captain, so I suppose that makes me captain, yes? Or would you like to debate the proper path of succession with me?"

He turns to the other Astartes and gestures to the ex-captain's head. "Shall we see what information might be of use in his head for finding this Observatory for ourselves?"

12. - Top - End - #162

Goblin

"Why not? It will make for a fitting parallel to the last captain."

Elisanth drew his knife, and repeated his performance from the rock below. Rolling up the bloody remains of the captain's face and storing them in the adjacent pouch to his predecessor, he lifted the brain out in mock reverence, before sinking his fangs deep into the meat.

"Who wants it next?"

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ettin in the Playground

Heidric will get up and brush himself down. 'Well. Now that that's over with I take it we're in charge.' He'll point to the guard, 'You. Did Captain De Torvega have any allies who are likely to be upset with us?'

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ettin in the Playground

Paline called out over the commbead "How'd the meeting go? Are we going to need this ship any more?" She then shifted her position within the shuttle, stretching slightly in case she had to make a run for it sooner rather than later.
    New job, who dis?
    I'll check in the evenings when I get home from work / take a break from whatever game has claimed my soul.

Your understanding is appreciated.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Titan in the Playground

"Ah, well, sure he had allies. You don't stage a mutiny without being pretty sure it'll go right. I, ah..." the guard glanced nervously at Elisanth chewing on De Torvega's brain. "I don't think there'll be too many objections to you being in charge now."

Spoiler: Astartes
    Show
    There was much here they knew, but much they didn't. De Torvega's memories were of darkness, clandestine meetings in the bowels of the ship, paying lip service to a Captain he thought was on a fool's errand, and then, at the end, finding out about the key. Searching. Hiding, and listening, and trading pieces of his soul one at a time for secrets. The Observatory was real, and finally holding the key, he had made ready to go there and claim it. He knew less than the captain about what guarded the place, but he was ambitious. He could solve any problems they ran into. They saw where he had hidden the key, and what route he planned to follow to reach Janus II. The first stop, where the ship was headed now, was the 13th Station of Passage: they needed to reach Calixis.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ettin in the Playground

'Excellent.' To the others, 'We might want to check to see if those on the ground aren't still actively trying to kill us.'

17. - Top - End - #167

Goblin

"A wonderful choice! I'm glad we could all get along in the end."

He gestured with his knife.

"Now please be a dear and lead us to the bridge."

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Zahariel samples the brain and sifts through the memories. Well then. It appears we have a plan and a destination. We depart for the 13th Station of Passage. Paline, he calls over the vox, we are now in control of the ship, or shall be very shortly once we go to the bridge and introduce ourselves. Further pyrotechnics are not needed at this point, but stay in the shuttle until we vox you to avoid any unfortunate misunderstandings.

Zahariel looks down towards the surviving men. We would take a dim view of any accidents befalling our shuttle or its pilot. Make sure that the crew are properly informed of the change in command structure.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ettin in the Playground

In reply Paline sends back "Can do, keep me updated on any needs" and mutters to herself "might as well double check here anyway..." She takes her time to comb through the shuttle for anything the previous occupants might have left behind before relaxing in the cockpit.
    New job, who dis?
    I'll check in the evenings when I get home from work / take a break from whatever game has claimed my soul.

Your understanding is appreciated.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

Paline couldn't find anything of value aboard the assault boat, beyond a few forgotten ration bars in one of the storage compartments.

The rest of the group made their way to the bridge, led by the weakened contingent of armsmen. As they traversed the narrow corridors of the Writhing Doom, the deck below them rumbled, and reality seemed to tear, unnatural colours spreading across the drab grey walls, only to vanish as soon as they were examined. Those who had plied the void before recognised warp translation. The ship had made the jump away from the Ragged Helix.

The Bridge, when they arrived, was relatively small. A roughly circular area, the fringes of the space ringed with servitor-monitored consoles. The floor was black iron, set with vents, the lights within glowing dull red and lending much of the room the cast of fresh-spilled blood. The ceiling was too low, especially for the Space Marines, dangling cables passing just over the heads of the three Astartes. Amon in particular had to pick his path carefully, lest the high crest on his helmet catch on trailing wires. At the center of the room was the command throne, set on a turntable so that it could be rotated to examine any part of the room. At its side stood two officers, a man and a woman. The man was tall, wearing a long brown coat, with a neatly clipped beard and a sunken look to his eyes, armed with a brace of duelling pistols across his chest and a sabre at his belt. The woman had long black hair that hung straight down, framing a pallid face. She wore only robes, and carried a plain metal staff.

"Where's the captain?" The Man asked, stepping forwards.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

21. - Top - End - #171

Goblin

Elisanth unfurled the flayed remains of the captain's face, twisting up the corners of the lips.

"Here he is - see how joyful he is to see you? No, no, stay where you are. There has been a change in management, and it would be preferable for all parties involved were no more blood to be shed. My name is Elisanth Foras, of the Emperor's Children, and I will be your captain this evening."

He chuckled, and sketched an elaborate bow.

Straightening, he looked at the man who had spoken dead in the eye.

"In all seriousness, though, this is a takeover, and I will not hesitate to kill every man and woman on the bridge if necessary. Are we at an understanding?"

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ettin in the Playground

'Now I'm sure that won't be necessary.' Heidric will move to shake the hands of the two officers but won't be offended if they refuse. 'So, a second in command and perhaps an Astropath is it? We happen to be heading in the same direction as the late Captain so we decided to come along.'

He looks at the size of the command throne, 'You're welcome to be the Captain Elisanth but I wonder if you're a little to big for the chair.'

23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground

"Not an Astropath, no." The woman said. She refused the handshake, staring at the flayed face of the former captain with some amusement.

The male officer, though, accepted. "Alistair Drake," He said, grasping Heidric's hand for a moment before stepping back. "First Officer of the Writhing Doom, and not enough of a damn fool to try fighting one of the Emperor's Children. Certainly not for a captain who's gone to meet the gods. Doubly so when he's got backup from two other legions."

"Did he look surprised when he died?" The woman asked.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ettin in the Playground

Heidric grinned at the woman who was apparently not interested in answering questions. He could respect that.

To Drake, 'Legions? Yes I suppose so.' He should probably check with the Astartes about how their colleagues felt about them. In the meantime, 'Mr Drake. Not that it changes anything, but how much attention is the Doom likely to attract in the Calixis Sector? Could we perhaps pass through Port Wander without attracting the Navy's interest?'

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

"If we stick to skirting the edges of systems and maybe taking the less busy warp routes, not much. A sector is big enough for much larger ships than the Doom to get lost in. But there are sticking points, and you just touched on one of them."

Drake looked around at the assembled group, and lowered his voice. "This might not be the best place for the conversation, though. I'm not disputing your claim to the ship - you killed De Torvega, and turnabout is fair play as far as I'm concerned. But there are things that need to get hammered out. Chain of command is one of them - who are we actually taking orders from? The plan is another. We hadn't expected to be leaving in quite as big a hurry as we did. Getting through the Koronus passage and past Port Wander is the most immediate challenge."

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ettin in the Playground

Heidric looks at the others. 'I really don't have any interest in giving anyone orders. As long as we're going in the right direction. Perhaps someone who has commanded people before would be a better choice.'

'As for the Passage. I expect being this close to the Vortex the Navy likely keeps an eye on any unfamiliar vessels. I don't suppose we could try ignoring anyone who wants to interfere with us until we can make warp again?'

27. - Top - End - #177

Goblin

"Seeing as nobody else shows a particular desire to take charge, I will. However, I will confess to be more limited in knowledge regarding this ship than others. First Officer Drake, what is the current status of the ship?"

While not seated in the command throne, Elisanth nevertheless leaned on its back, making it clear that it belonged to him.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground

"Fully provisioned and in good repair, sir." Drake accepted Elisanth's sudden election as captain with grace, deferring to his new superior. Then again, he had already been through this at least once.

"We could try to do a blockade run, but I doubt we'd get far. The Doom's a good ship, but lightly armed and built for hauling cargo, not trading shots in a stand-up fight. We'll have speed on them, but we need to outdistance their guns and the passage isn't wide enough to do that until we're past Port Wander. Our best shot is to go silent, but I expect they'll do regular sensor sweeps. If we walk into an active scan, they'll have us dead to rights with all our guns powered down."

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ettin in the Playground

Heidric tried to avoid participating in void combat if he could help it. 'Aren't there nebula and the like to help with not being seen? Although I suppose those would be the places that the Navy would keep an eye on.'

'Perhaps we find something that would attract their attention so that they're not interested in chasing us. How often do the good people of the Vortex come out to raid anyway?'

30. - Top - End - #180
    Titan in the Playground

"Usually they'd go to Koronus. Easier to sneak around Footfall than it is to get past Port Wander. If you've got an idea for a distraction, I'd like to hear it."

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games: