New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333449 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Hearthstone 23: The Evil League of EVIL

I got my quick and easy win with a combo of silences, and Divine Spirit/Inner Fire.

I think they did this Brawl last year too, I remember something like this twist on chess existing already.

2. - Top - End - #692
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Voidterror is so busted in this brawl. I picked warlock for zounds of boardwipes, voidterror gaining massive hp is just icing.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

3. - Top - End - #693
    Troll in the Playground

Oh new cards! So many interesting ones!

Expansion drops on 6th, so I might be able to post the review of our previous eating game, AND post the next quickly enough.any recommendation for which cards to vote on?

Personally, I want to put in the Rogue Sapper and the Rogue quest.
    Quote Originally Posted by actual quote from this forum
    So yeah. your wrong.
    Check out Camp Archimedes, a (slightly homebrew) mercenary camp full of interesting units. A great addition to any campaign (in my very biased opinion)

4. - Top - End - #694
    Ogre in the Playground

Feel like the Quests are auto-include for the voting, but as for the other cards, I say Flame Ward, Splitting Axe, Desert Spear, and Diseased Vulture.
    you know that I'm more than just a doll do you?-Geno
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Thecrimsonmage and By Shades of Gray by Akrim.elf

and current made by me.

5. - Top - End - #695
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Geno9999 View Post
    Feel like the Quests are auto-include for the voting, but as for the other cards, I say Flame Ward, Splitting Axe, Desert Spear, and Diseased Vulture.
    The Highlander/Reno cards also should be in there as the "set-defining" cards.

6. - Top - End - #696
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gandariel View Post
    Oh new cards! So many interesting ones!

Expansion drops on 6th, so I might be able to post the review of our previous eating game, AND post the next quickly enough.any recommendation for which cards to vote on?

Personally, I want to put in the Rogue Sapper and the Rogue quest.
    Feels like just doing all of the class legendaries again might be a good way to go. There's so many interesting cards in this expansion that it's hard to decide which to recommend if I'm trying to look at the full set.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

7. - Top - End - #697
    Troll in the Playground

Weirdest/coolest card in the set was revealed yesterday: Zephrys the Great.

Legendary: 2 mana 3/2, Battlecry If your deck has no duplicates, wish for the perfect card.

It's a smart discover not confined by class; the card will look at the current game state and pick out 3 cards that it'll think are the best for the situation from the Basic and Classic Set. You choose the one you want.

So, if you're at turn 9, facing a wide board, it'll give you Flamestrike. If the enemy is at 6, it'll give you Fireball. It's amazing.

Another crazy card is Octosari.

Legendary 8 mana 8/8 Beast: Deathrattle Draw 8 Cards. This is bananas.

8. - Top - End - #698
    Troll in the Playground

Aaand the results are in! Massive congratulations to this expansion's winner, who took the win by an extremely large lead!

Spoiler: Results
    Show

The score is the sum of the deviation from Trump's ratings, so low is good.
    There were a total of 18 cards rated, so congratulations to our winner Joran who stayed, on average, less than one star away from the real ratings!
    His only 3-point mistake was Commander Rhyssa at 5 stars.

Second place is Rodin, and third place is myself.

Congrats to all!

Neon Knight 33
    Hamste 28
    Seerow 24
    Geno9999 23
    DaedalusMkV 24
    Rodin 21
    Rynjin 30
    Gandariel 22
    Anarion 31
    Zevox 27
    Requizen 23
    Joran 15
    Gluteus_Maximus 24
    Last edited by Gandariel; 2019-08-02 at 01:43 AM.

9. - Top - End - #699
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Second place? Cool! I must be getting better at this, I think the last poll I was out on my own in last place by a fair distance.

Now if only I could translate guessing the meta to my rank...

By the way, if anyone wants to see a preview of expansion decks in action they did the "streamer preview" yesterday, with a larger group this time from all over the world. So pick your favorite streamer, they were probably in there. I've only just started watching it myself, the three I've seen so far are Trump, Kibler, and Slyssa.
    Last edited by Rodin; 2019-08-02 at 02:21 AM.

10. - Top - End - #700
    Orc in the Playground

Add Regis Killbin, Purple and Dekkster to the list. Dog and Krip too, although I think they joined from home, instead of being at blizz HQ? And really, I was impressed with what I saw, particularly with Shaman and Hunter, and the Highlander decks. Seems like the fun will continue with streamers from EU today (Thijs among them), so it's bound to be even more! Stay tuned!
    Also, congratz to all participants of the last round of predictions! Join me into putting a silly quote on your sig about it, Joran! :D
    "Stop talking." - Roy
    Surprised Champion Predictor of the Rastakhan Rumble's Card Rating Competition in the Playground - "I could predict pretty much anything, besides winning this competition!" - Myself, probably

11. - Top - End - #701
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Other names that I recognized are LanguageHacker, Bloodyface, and Alliestrasza. There were also a fair few "XPatron", which I took to be Blizzard employees helping to keep the queue times down and/or playing off-meta decks to make sure they get highlighted.

Quest Druid looks bonkers, Zoolock looks crazy, and I have high hopes for Quest Priest.

12. - Top - End - #702
    Troll in the Playground

And here we go! Join the Uldum-ate card rating game!

As per usual, everyone's welcome to join (even you, dear lurker!), and you can enter anytime before the expansion is actually released.
    So yeah. your wrong.
    Check out Camp Archimedes, a (slightly homebrew) mercenary camp full of interesting units. A great addition to any campaign (in my very biased opinion)

13. - Top - End - #703
    Titan in the Playground

Just submitted my predictions! Ratings and reasoning below, if anyone is interested.

Spoiler
    Show
    Untapped Potential: 5 stars.
    Passively getting both choices in choice cards is pretty great for druids, and some of the new choice cards are excellent. I might be overestimating, but I struggle to see this going below 4 stars.

Elise the Enlightened: 2 stars.
    Highlander cards have some serious drawbacks, so you want them to have awesome effects. Doubling your hand is... okay. There ARE some neat things you can do with it, but it really hurts your deck overall, so I doubt the viability of Elise, especially in a world where bomb cards exist. At best a fringe tech card.

Unseal the Vault: 1 star.
    Wow am I unimpressed with this. 20 minions is a LOT. And the reward is... win more. The requirement is high, the payoff unreliable, and in context, a hunter should be winning before this comes online. This isn't going to work out.

Dinotamer Brann: 1 star.
    Warp your entire deck to... summon King Krush a little earlier? Not seeing it. You need faster and more reliable ways to cheat big stuff out to make a deck out of it.

Raid the Sky Temple: 3 stars.
    This has potential, but lacks a really good deck to fit in. Because of that lack, I don't think it'll push up to high tier decks, though it may feature in (but not define) a reliable deck. So, middle of the road.

Reno the Relicologist: 2 stars.
    The effect is pretty good, but not deck defining in a way the previous Reno was. I don't see how it will fit in a really solid deck, but its potent enough and Mage has enough good cards that I think it might have appearances in a quirky one that briefly pops up.

Making Mummies: 4 stars.
    I love this effect a lot, and its going to be a defining card in its deck. But... I do think that deck will be tier 3, because the Reborn requirement hurts it. You're sticking in too many meh cards to really make the deck truly shine, I think, which is what Making Mummies would need for 5 stars.

Sir Finley of the Sands: 4 stars.
    Sir Finley is the best of the Highlander cards by far. We know the power of that effect, because every time it has appeared, it has shown up in multiple decks. And with its mana cost, it certainly compares to Keleseth: you mulligan or tutor for Sir Finley, no question. Also, because he's a 2 mana card, I expect he'll largely dodge the bomb problem that the other highlander cards may hit. That said... Paladin. I don't think Paladin is in the same place it was when Baku Paladin was a thing, and unlike Baku, you can't always rely on Sir Finley. That fact and the need to Highlander your deck puts him at 4 stars instead of 5 for me. But I'm sure he'll see some play.

High Priest Amet: 1 star.
    Cool, but the only deck I see this being a good fit for is an Inner Fire type priest, and it isn't going to be defining for it. Inner Fire has been bad for a while, and I don't see that changing.

Activate the Obelisk: 5 stars.
    I think a Zoo-ish priest will exist, and this will feature. Injured Tolvir, Injured Blademaster, Sandhoof Waterbearer, maybe a reborn minion or two, add in a circle of healing, and I think it could be pretty effective. This will be a defining card in a deck for sure.

Anka the Buried: 5 stars.
    I don't quite know what this will do, but I am sure it will break something. Its easy to use and the effect is terrifying. There will be shenanigans.

Bazaar Burglary: 5 stars.
    Its just so easy to complete. You can have this done in no time. And then you get infinite pre-nerf fiery waraxes that make you immune while attacking. I think this actually might be the most effective quest out of all quests, including past quests.

Corrupt the Waters: 4 stars.
    The effect is strong, but... I think this looks better than it is. First, it takes a while to set up. Then, it takes mana to activate. Also, its effect and its requirements use the same resources, which is a problem. I expect that it'll either be too hard to activate, or will warp your deck too much for it to remain effective. Still, its powerful, so I expect it to be a defining card but in a lower tier deck.

Vessina: 3 stars.
    This is a win more card. Still, bloodlust and savage roar see some play, and running shaman burn cards will typically trigger her effect, so some sideboard or tech type usage wouldn't surprise me.

Supreme Archeology: 1 star.
    This is a meme. It won't be a serious deck, but maybe a hilarious one.

Dark Pharoah Tekahn: 5 stars.
    The body isn't terrible. The cost is only 5 mana. The effect is real strong, on minions that have appeal for a zoo deck. This will see play in lackey zoolock, and lackey zoolock will be good.

Hack the System: 3 stars.
    I quite like this quest, buuuut it can't compete with Doctor Boom. Also, similar to Corrupt the Waters, its best effect and requirements use the same resources. Still, even a single 4/3 each turn is pretty dang good, and Warrior has some really neat ways to activate it fast or cheap. I think it'll show up here and there, and maybe become more popular and effective once the deathknights have moved on.

Armagedillo: 1 star.
    Taunt decks aren't a real thing. Handbuff decks have never worked. A taunt handbuff deck is not going to pan out. The only taunt deck that has ever worked was a Ragnaros deck in disguise.

14. - Top - End - #704
    Troll in the Playground

I did awful on my predictions last time, but I feel more confident about these cards:

Spoiler
    Show

Untapped Potential: 5 stars. The effect is historically powerful and it feels like it shouldn't be too difficult o achieve, plus there are some very good new Choose One cards being printed. There is a lot of support for this quest and it feels like it will make it, especially since non-Token Druid is currently lost in the wilderness.

Unseal the Vault: 2 stars. I'm not 100% sure how difficult summoning 20 minions is with Spring Paws and Unleash the Hounds around, but to me it doesn't matter. The effect is probably pretty good, but Hunter is already doing better things than this with Mechs and Zuljin.

Raid the Sky Temple: 3 stars. A good end result and Cyclone Mage could readily achieve it - but they'll just make giants and crush your face instead. This one might end up being better than I am thinking, but unless Cyclone Giants suffers a decline in its fortunes, it will readily crowd this one out.

Making Mummies: 2 stars. I'm a little bearish on Reborn and think it won't be very good, and it feels like the better Reborn cards were printed in classes other than Paladin.

High Priest Amet: 2 stars. Weird, and Inner Fire Priest is looking for more reliability in terms of shaping hands and finding combo pieces. One legendary that kinda sorta fills Divine Spirit's role isn't going to cut it.

Activate the Obelisk: 2 stars. There are some serious arguments to be made for a Zoo-ish Priest, but Heal Paladin and Heal Druid have shown that even mild Heal targets can be surprisingly hard to hit. I think 15 is a few health points too far for this to really make it.

Anka, the Buried: 4 stars. I have no doubt that this card is good, but I suspect Rogues might have a better gameplan (hitting the face, mostly.)

Bazaar Burglary: 5 stars. The sheer power and quality of this card surprises me, given how prominent Rogue has been in the metagame recently. There might be good some good reasons why this card doesn't work (like a saturation of weapons making the hero power less attractive) but I think there is some chance this could be a new The Caverns Below in terms of its prevalence.

Corrupt the Waters: 4 stars. I think it will work, but the rest of Shaman might not be unfair enough to hit tier 1.

Vessina: 3 stars. It seems like a decent card, but I don't see the advantage it has over Bloodlust.

Supreme Archaeology: 3 stars. Plot Twist is an infamously low win rate deck, but watch Kibler play it makes me think this is more because it is a deck of middling power level that is very difficult to play. Grim Patron, but instead of being rewarded with one of the best decks in Hearthstone history, you get an okay deck. Anyway, this represents enough of an upgrade that I think it'll start making Tier 3.

Dark Pharaoh Tekahn: 4 stars. Zoo is getting some better cards, and this one in particular looks good. I think it might not quite be enough, though.

Hack the System: 4 stars. Warrior is generally strong, and this seems powerful enough that it shouldn't completely fizzle. But Bomb Warrior might be a better gameplan overall. Still, if Hack the System is any good, I'll play it every time over another Dr. Boom deck.

Armagedillo: 1 star. Even if you want to run the Taunt Warrior deck they are sort of implying with some of the new cards, you won't really want to run this card.

Elise the Enlightened, Reno the Relicologist, Dinotamer Brann: 2 stars. Weaker than traditional Highlander cards, the League is probably going to have to wait an expansion or two before the card pool is bloated and power creeped enough that they're interesting.

Sir Finley of the Sands: 3 stars. Sir Finley has a stronger reward than the other Explorers relative to his cost, but I still think the cardpool isn't bulky enough for Highlander decks.

15. - Top - End - #705
    Titan in the Playground

Ratings and reasonings:

Spoiler
    Show

Untapped Potential: 5 stars, absolutely nuts. The Dalaran Heist boss with the same gimmick shows you how insane this is already. I can't think of a meta where turning good cards insanely good and borderline cards into great ones is bad.

Elise: 2 stars. Somebody will try to make Malygos Druid a thing again with this, but it seems really inconsistent. It'll see experimentation but ultimately remain fringe I think.

Unseal the Vault: 3 stars. I can't think of a particular deck that wants this, but Hunter is aggressive enough that I think enough people will run this to make it a decent aggro deck in the meta even if it doesn't outshine Secret Hunter or Midrange Hunter at the top.

Dinotamer Brann: 1 star. Seems like a meme. Trump made a Highlander Secret Hunter deck with this, but it just looks like it would be objectively stronger with more copies of some of the better cards, and removing some of the worse cards like this and Hunter's Pack.

Raid the Sky Temple: 4 stars. Not because I think the card itself is that great, but I think Smol Mage was juuuust on the cusp of being amazing last expansion and this little boost might be enough to tip it over into a T2 deck.

Reno: 1 star. Why would I run this instead of just running a second copy each of Flamestrike and Blizzard?

Making Mummies: 2 stars. People will try to make this work, because there's no Paladin deck right now, but will eventually realize it's just straight worse than running the slightly less trash handbuff Mech deck because it's just that deck except with a bunch of ****ty cards added in to generate a slightly upgraded Hero Power.

Finley: 1 star. Good card with no deck to make use of it.

Amet: 4 stars. I think the Zoo Priest dream is real. I played Trump's Bwonsamdi Priest for a fair few games, and it actually felt fairly smooth a lot of the time. Adding this card in for an insanely sticky board might push it over the top into a T1 deck, but more likely T2.

Activate the Obelisk: 2 stars. I think some fringe decks will try it and realize that it either comes on too late or they have to warp their deck so much as to make it not take proper advantage of the actual quest reward. I foresee this being a very aggressive meta.

Anka: 4 stars. Absolutely nuts effect but I think the Mecha'Thun Rogue meme dream isn't quite real. A more standard Deathrattle Rogue might cut it, and this will be in most of those decks, but I suspect it will be overshadowed by Thief Rogue this expansion.

Bazaar Burglary: 5 stars. Super easy to complete, doesn't really lose you tempo since Rogue's turn 1 game is already nonexistent, and has a bonkers reward. It's going to make a Midrange Rogue viable.

Corrupt the Waters: 5 stars. If it were in any other class it might be weaker, but Shaman has some nutso Battlecry minions and Battlecry synergy, to the point that this card already ALMOST fits into existing decks. Again, we've seen how good this effect is in Dungeon Run-alikes for 2 years now.

Vessina: 5 stars. Aggro Overload Shaman is already a great deck, add in a third Bloodlust and you're looking at an insane package.

Supreme Archaeology: 1 star. LMAO. Okay seriously though, I think the effect is potentially great but you have to warp your deck to such an extent, and it's SO SLOW in what I predict is going to be an aggro meta that I see no hope for this.

Tekahn: 2 stars. Oddball card, and potentially strong, but basically only runnable in Zoo and I think it's too bad tempo for Zoo. Will be experimented with and then discarded.

Hack the System: 3 stars. Yeah yeah. "WhY nOt jUsT pLaY COnTroL wARiOr?" and all that but people are going to try different decks, and there's plenty of room for an aggressive Warrior that doesn't need Dr. Boom's exact style of value generation. This deck will be floating around all expansion and it will be okay to good, but not earth shattering, the entire time.

Armagedillo: 2 stars. Taunt Warrior will be a deck, this will be in it, and then it will not be, because it's very slow handbuffing.

16. - Top - End - #706
    Firbolg in the Playground

Got my ratings in!

Spoiler
    Show
    Untapped Potential: 5 stars. This seems ridiculously high value for something very easy to complete. Especially with the new choose one cards. I'm predicting this to be at minimum tier 2, with this being the card that defines the Archetype.

Elise the Enlightened: 2 Stars. It's a good card, but I don't know that the deck to support it exists at the moment. I expect a lot of experimentation with attempts at highlander combo/value decks, enough to push to the 2 star rating, before ultimately failing.

Unseal the Vault: 1 Star. This one's tough. On the one hand, it is very hard to complete, and requires a board to get value. On the other hand, once you have the quest complete, Unleash the Hounds can practically kill the opponent by itself. I just don't see token hunter really working out, the existing archetypes just seem better. I could be wrong, because existing mech hunter already summons a ton of tokens between microbots and snip snap, but that deck wants an aggressive turn 1 play. I think I've talked myself into the 1 star rating here.

Dinotamer Bran: 1 Star. This one pains me, because I dearly want to see it work. And a 7 mana 8/8 charge that also has a separate 2/4 body is good in a vacuum. But unless the new Genie card turns out to actually be good enough in play to define Highlander decks, I don't see this working. I will experiment with it, but I am expecting it to not be very popular.

Raid the Sky Temple: 1 Star. Right now Mage is in a fantastic place with Giant Mage. It's getting a new high tier archetype being pushed in Secret Mage. I even see potential in Big Spell Mage or Reno Mage. This quest? It fits in none of those decks. The reward ultimately doesn't do enough. It's a value generation engine, but Mage isn't particularly hurting for value, and the ping remains useful even in the late game in most matches, unlike most other hero powers. I just don't see this being useful.

Reno the Relicologist: 4 Stars. Like I mentioned above, I see Reno Mage as having some potential. Mage has enough variety of strong good cards that can synergize together that I can see a Highlander deck coming together, and this card itself is a crazy strong swing card. I'm betting on Reno Mage being at least a tier 3 deck.

Making Mummies: 1 Star. Paladin just didn't get the support I would have wanted to see to make this deck work. Many of the neutral Reborn minions are meh, and Paladin got a single reborn minion that I'd call good. It's just going to be hard to make it work. Honestly I expect Paladin to have no presence in the meta.

Sir Finley of the Sands: 2 Stars. Like I mentioned above I don't expect Paladin to have a presence in the meta. If it does work, it will be because of this card, so I'm giving it the two star experimental bonus. The problem is the upgraded hero powers have dramatically differing effects, but on average the better ones are aggro focused... but an aggro deck doesn't want to be highlander because you want the extra consistency. I have no idea where they're going with this but I find it hard to see it working.

High Priest Amet: 5 Stars. Another fantastic priest card. A lot of people are down on this because they are looking at it as a combo priest card. But it's not just for Divine Spirit inner fire. It is a pure tempo tool. Play this with any low cost minion and generate a bunch of extra stats. Play it on a board with a reborn minion, that minion gets reborn with 7 health instead of 1. Heck play it before trading in a snip snap and you get a pair of 1/7 tokens instead of 1/1s. This card is insane and will see play.

Activate the Obelisk: 5 Stars. I get the arguments against it. But I don't see needing to make huge changes to your deck to make it work. There's the new 5/5 that heals 5 each turn, the 4/7 that heals your opponent 5 when it dies (yes this should count for the quest), the 2 mana heal all allies for 6 (standard in many decks already). Maybe Injured Blademaster and the new Injured card as well. We're not talking about running circle of healing or lightwell, these are all good tempo focused cards, and will reward a hero power with game winning tempo. Midrange heal priest I expect to be a beast in the meta. I've been wrong before but I am hoping I am not on this one.

Anka the Burried: 1 Star. This is a ridiculously good card for a mediocre archetype. I don't think it's good enough to carry the deck

Bazaar Burglary: 3 Stars. So this one's tough for me. I'm more bearish on it than most people. Typically it gets compared to Odd Rogue. But Odd rogue worked because of the consistency of getting the 2/2 weapon on 2. Here, your best case scenario is a 3/2 weapon on 5. How often do you want a fiery waraxe on turn 5? It's definitely useful, but not game winning. And ultimately it's aiming itself towards a value centric rogue deck. This may be good enough to actually make that work, but I'm going to peg this one as a lower tier deck that still sees a lot of play due to being fun.

Corrupt the Waters: 2 Stars. I could see the card being tried in a midrange Shaman deck, since those duplicate battlecries can provide extra tempo rather than the value Hagatha generates. Ultimately though I'm not sure Midrange Shaman can compete in that field with Priest, and expect Murloc Shaman and Control Shaman to remain the preferred methods of play.

Vessina: 5 Stars. I mentioned Murloc Shaman still seeing play, I can see this fitting into it, possibly pushing back towards more focus on overload cards and less on murlocs, but still an aggressive shaman archetype where this is a game winning play.

Supreme Archaeology: 1 Star. This one pains me. The worst part is the plot twist deck this wants to support has potential to be good. But I don't think the payoff is really worth it, even if Control Warlock with Plot Twist ends up being good I don't know if this card makes the cut.

Dark Pharoah Tekahn: 1 Star. 5 mana 4/4 I don't see making the cut in zoo. Even if you run the maximum 8 lackies you can generate, will you be able to get the value out of it before you die? The 3/3 that turns a lackey into a 5/5 is just so much better than this, and they don't synergize well together.

Hack the System: 3 Stars. I realize I'm consistently overzealous on tempo warrior, but man we have to hit a critical mass of great tempo warrior cards eventually, don't we? Yes Dr. Boom is great. But so is smacking 4-5 guys in the face and summoning a board of 4/3s. I honestly think this hero power is better than Dr. Boom's, Dr. Boom's real strength is giving all mechs rush. Still, it won't be a tier 1 deck, but I am hopeful it will at least be good enough to hit that 3 star rating.

Armagedillo: 2 Stars. Taunt Warrior will be experimented with. I think the deck will actually be good (or at least a Taunt Package will find its way into the new control warrior). That said, this card I feel may just be too expensive to make the cut as a baseline inclusion once it is refined. 2 stars for experimentation before it ultimately falls to the wayside.

Edit: Also started a private fireside to open my preorder packs. Here's my haul so far:

1-Dark Pharaoh Tekahn
    31-Elise the Enlightened
    62-Armagedillo
    69-High Priest Amet
    72-Anka, the Buried
    83-Making Mummmies
    84-Siamat
    119-Raid the Sky Temple

Golden Commons: 12
    Golden Rares: 9
    Golden Epics: 1

A little better than average on the legendaries (8 obtained, 7 expected, from 133 packs) though aside from Amet it's mostly legendaries I rated poorly. Very happy to see Siamat though, I expect him to be close to Zilliax in terms of flexibility and usefulness.
    Last edited by Seerow; 2019-08-02 at 11:47 PM.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

17. - Top - End - #707
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Hat in the Rating Ring
    Show

Untapped Potential - 5 Stars: My initial misgivings about this quest was if Druid would be able to survive to turn 6 turned into can any class actually kill the Druid in that timeframe. Honestly, I feel like Zoolock is going to be the only deck that could accelerate fast enough to counter this, and any slower deck will just get overwhelmed by Oasis Surger and Hidden Oasis undoing the damage and flipping the tempo.

Unseal the Vaunt - 2 Stars: I think this will find a home in Mech Hunter, especially since both the quest requirements and the rewards has synergy with Boommaster Flark, Goblin Bombs and Micro bot tokens, but I tend to find from playing the deck that Mech Hunter games are quick enough that you wouldn't complete the quest. Ultimately this is an optional tech card against Control Warrior.

Raid the Sky Temple - 4 Stars: Um, is everyone forgetting my purple boi Mana Cyclone? or Magic Trick? or Ray of Frost? This is an easy include for Cyclone Mage, keeping the fuel going even after both copies of Mana Cyclone has been played, making cheaper spells to fuel Ah ha!-tonidas.

Supreme Archeology - 2 Stars: 2 star rating because of 2 words: Brian Kibler. I know EXACTLY how this quest pans out: Kibler makes the deck, pilots it to Legend in half a month because of his 1000 IQ, posts his +60% win rate on twitter, and then everyone tries to copy the decklist but don't have the 4D chess brain and tanks the deck's overall win rate to like maybe 50%.

Dark Pharaoh Tekahn - 5 Stars: Zoolock will be a thing, that I'm sure. However, I was considering giving this a 4 star rating since might not be integral to Zoolock, but I think the infinite value engine with Expired Merchant, Reckless Diretroll, and Soulwarden all combined to make a Soulwarden that constantly refills your hand with itself and your choice of Lackey will push it over the edge and out value most control decks that it doesn't overrun in the early game.

Making Mummies - 2 Stars: Control C my reasons from Supreme Archeology, and Control V. Only Kibler is playing this when he's bored of Plot Twist/Archeology deck for a bit.

High Priest Amet - 3 Stars: Synergy with Reborn (reviving them with 7 health instead of 1), synergy with Quest (more health means that minions stick around easier to get restored and eventually buffed) but doesn't strike me as integral to the deck as say Khadgar or Antonidas is to Conjurer's/Cyclone Mage.

Activate the Obelisk - 5 Stars: I feel like this could get it's face slammed in by faster decks, but then again all it would take is a Wild Pyromancer + Circle of Healing turn to instantly complete the quest. Also the reward is almost literally the upgraded hero power with a better Extra Arms stapled to it.

Anka the Buried - 3 Stars: If only because of Mecha'thun and Myra's Unstable Element. Otherwise, hard pressed to find enough valuable Deathrattles you'd want on a (1) 1/1 body.

Bazaar Burglary - 5 Stars: This already looked good before Clever Disguise's reveal, but now this is will be core to Tempo Rogue going forward. This has to be the fastest Quest completion deck in the meta, and it'll just snowball from there with the Rogue being able to make free trades with an upgradable Immunity granting weapon.

Corrupt the Waters - 4 Stars: I might be giving this a bit more credit than it's due, but it probably is the second fastest completion quest, replacing occasionally useful minion with multiplied battlecries.

Vessina - 4 Stars: Overload Murloc Shaman has already popped up here and there, this just makes that deck even better by finding better trades or lethal opportunities.

Hack the System - 2 Stars: If pirate Warrior was still an archetype Blizzard supported, I could maybe see this work. As is, no, no it will not. Granted, the reward being a vanilla 3 drop on a 2 mana power is great, especially if you can get multiple swings/uses in a turn, but I don't think Warrior has the tools to get the quest done in a reasonable time or survive post-completion.

Armagedillo - 1 Star: Too slow for handbuff effect, even with Taunts slowing the game down, but you'd want Taunts in your hand to GET buffed.

The League of Explorers (Elise the Enlightened, Dinotamer Brann, Sir Finley of the Sands, and Reno the Relicologist) - 1 Star each: I have little faith that the Neo-Reno Decks will rise about tier 3, especially since the classes have better options elsewhere. I would raise Elise to 3 star for the Combo Dream in Wild with Flobbiddinous Floop, Naturalize, and Twig of the World Tree creating an infinite mill combo, but this is ultimately ratings for standard.
    you know that I'm more than just a doll do you?-Geno
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Thecrimsonmage and By Shades of Gray by Akrim.elf

and current made by me.

18. - Top - End - #708
    Titan in the Playground

And here we go! Join the Uldum-ate card rating game!

As per usual, everyone's welcome to join (even you, dear lurker!), and you can enter anytime before the expansion is actually released.
    Mine:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Untapped Potential: 5 Stars.
    - Especially after the Oasis Surger was revealed, this seems like it has too much potential not to be a contender. At least tier 2 and defined by this card seems like a pretty safe bet.

Elise the Enlightened: 2 Stars.
    - It's a little hard to count any of the Explorers out completely considering how much people like Highlander decks, and particularly how cool Zephyrs is, so I'm going to give the "experimented with a lot but eventually dropped as not good enough" rating. Like it, but there are better options for Druid at the moment (see above).

Unseal the Vault: 2 Stars.
    - With cards like Unleash the Hounds and Swarm of Locusts this isn't as hard to complete as some are making it out to be, but the fact that the payoff is often nonexistent without a board seems like a big issue, and I feel like it wants to be in the kind of deck that's not terribly happy needing to skip a turn 1 play, too. Basically, it's Savage Roar as a hero power, minus your hero attacking - but you only really want an effect like that for your final push for lethal, most of the time, and I think a new hero power should be more useful than that. So I'm going to put this one in the "experimented with a lot, but dropped" category.

Dinotamer Brann: 1 Star.
    - Unfortunately, I can't even quite see what would get people to experiment heavily with this one. He's a good card if the effect goes off, sure, but one so strong it warrants the Highlander restriction? I don't think so. And I definitely think Hunter has plenty of other deck options that overshadow any potential he may have, so I'm not expecting to see even a lot of experimentation with him.

Raid the Sky Temple: 1 Star.
    - Sadly, Cyclone/Conjurer Mage just outshines this too much. Might get tried in Reno Mage enough to break 2 stars, but I'm guessing not even that.

Reno the Relicologist: 2 Stars.
    - It's a new Reno. People really like Reno, and Zephyrs seems awesome, so I'm bumping this to the "heavy experimentation" tier. But still overshadowed by Cyclone/Conjurer Mage.

Making Mummies: 3 Stars.
    - There's enough decent to good Reborn minions to activate it reasonably easy, and the payoff is huge with cards like Mechanical Egg and Mechanical Whelp. But the Paladin toolset is still overall weak. I think this might be the defining card of a fringey deck, but that's sadly the most I see out of it for now.

Sir Finley of the Sands: 2 Stars.
    - If Paladin's toolset were better this would be the one new Explorer I'd rate above this, but sadly he's held back by the class' general post-Equality/Divine Favor weakness. So like most of the Explorers I'm giving him the benefit of assuming heavy experimentation before he drops off the face of the game.

High Priest Amet: 4 Stars.
    - I think we got enough good Zoo Priest cards that the archetype has a decent shot at being a real thing, and this guy might make the cut in it, sometimes. I'm not sold on him as a core or defining card, or on the archetype as a top-tier one, though.

Activate the Obelisk: 2 Stars.
    - A lot of people seem to think this goes in Zoo Priest, so I'm giving it the assumption of heavy experimentation. Personally though, I don't see it. I think the activation condition is too steep, and Zoo Priest won't want to run some of the cards that make this a bit easier to activate, like Divine Hymn, and while Circle could maybe make the cut it's only because it's 0 mana to heal your Injured Tolvir/Blademaster. Plus as a Zoo deck it may be less than happy to be skipping turn 1.

Anka, the Buried: 1 Star.
    - Strongest potential is in a Mecha'thun deck, but the combo disruptors we got in Rise of Shadows should keep that down, I figure.

Bazaar Burglary: 5 Stars.
    - People focus way too much on the "Immune while attacking" part and call this a Value Rogue card, when it has no need to be. This just goes in Tempo Rogue, and halfway into the game your hero power becomes "Fireball the enemy hero over 2 turns." This is just a crazy card.

Corrupt the Waters: 3 Stars.
    - Hard, hard call, honestly. It has potential in either a more tempo/midrange variant of Shaman or even a Control version, I'm just not sure whether that potential is enough to make it a regular in either, particularly while Hagatha exists in the latter and will override it when played. So, partially hedging, partially just not sure on this one.

Vessina: 2 Stars.
    - It's a weak 4-drop with Overload synergy. Historically, that's bad. And I don't see it taking the place of a Bloodlust in decks that want to run that, since those are unconditional, and Vessina might well be an effectively 5+ mana card if you need to turn her on when playing her. Also Bloodlust type effects are mainly run as finishers, making the body less relevant. I don't know, enough people seem more impressed with her than I that I fear I may be wrong, but this is where my instincts are on her.

Supreme Archaeology: 1 Star.
    - We can all agree at least, this is the worst Quest. Sorry Warlock, looks like we're still waiting for something to bring back your Control archetype...

Dark Pharoah Tekahn: 4 Stars.
    - I think this at least rises to the status of being a sometimes card in Zoo. The effect is too huge, and Warlock now has too many possible ways to get Lackeys, for it to not see play, I think, but it's fair to say that there may not yet be a critical mass of enough Lackeys to make it an always-in Zoo card, and it doesn't synergize the best with the new EVIL Recruiter, who almost certainly is an always card in Zoo.

Hack the System: 1 Star.
    - Why run this when Doctor Boom exists and Control Warrior is just better? It's basically waiting for rotation to see if it can shine then.

Armagedillo: 2 Stars.
    - While there was surprisingly enough good-looking stuff for the Taunt Warrior archetype printed that I think it'll get tried as a package in Control Warrior, I don't think it'll stick. Thus "heavy experimentation" tier for this guy.
    Last edited by Zevox; 2019-08-03 at 08:55 AM.

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

19. - Top - End - #709
    Titan in the Playground

Everyone on GitP looking at Dinotamer: "Wow this looks bad. Probably one star. Maybe 2 if people get memey."
    TrumpSC: "5 STARS BEST HIGHLANDER."

20. - Top - End - #710
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AmberVael View Post
    Everyone on GitP looking at Dinotamer: "Wow this looks bad. Probably one star. Maybe 2 if people get memey."
    TrumpSC: "5 STARS BEST HIGHLANDER."
    I mean historically Trump has a much better track record for this than I do, but I stand by my reasoning. You want bran in an aggro deck. Aggro decks live and die on their early game consistency. Highlander is anti-consistency.

Maybe Bran just acts as a finisher to a more mid-range Highlander Hunter, but I'm not seeing it.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

21. - Top - End - #711
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    I mean historically Trump has a much better track record for this than I do, but I stand by my reasoning. You want bran in an aggro deck. Aggro decks live and die on their early game consistency. Highlander is anti-consistency.

Maybe Bran just acts as a finisher to a more mid-range Highlander Hunter, but I'm not seeing it.
    Yeah, he probably sees better than me too (especially since I'm some rando who doesn't even spend much time theory crafting). But Trump has definitely had a few... interesting predictions in the past too.

For me I just don't see Brann as being unfair enough. Putting aside highlander, what does this really do that I care about? Its just too expensive. At 7 mana the stats ARE comparatively good, but most decks that look to generate big minions do it way faster and way better - 8/8 or 7/7 for 4 has been around for years. Its not a value card. I struggle to even see it as a finisher, because 7 mana for 8 damage just isn't a good ratio, and I don't see easy ways to combo that - Leeroy works better, and I'd rather run some good damage spells along with Leeroy than try Brann.
    Since its one card, it needs to be either a combo or finisher (or sort of both). I don't see a combo for it, and I don't think its efficient enough on its own as a finisher.

22. - Top - End - #712
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, while Trump often does fairly well on these predictions at this point and can definitely see things that others don't when making these calls, he also has moments where he thinks he sees something that it winds up not actually working out as well as he expected. My suspicion is this will be a case of the latter. Considering that Highlander Hunter has to compete with Midrange Beast Hunter, Mech Hunter, and Secret Hunter, I doubt it emerges on top. And I don't think Trump is right that you can just run two Hyena Alpha in Highlander Hunter to try and treat it like a Secret Hunter that gets to run Brann and expect that to work, no attempts to run any two-ofs in a Highlander deck have worked out before, and Hyena Alpha is basically the reason to run Secret Hunter, so you don't want to cut that to one if you want to play that deck.

23. - Top - End - #713
    Orc in the Playground

No goofing around this time! Form submitted, and here is my commentary:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Untapped Potential - 4 stars
    Easy to complete, and the 1/4 draw a card when there's unspent mana helps the deck with the loss of tempo (and more drawing), to an extent. Completing this on 5 to a turn six Nourish is going to be the new "He has Brawl on five". The post quest completion game can be pretty pressury-ish (is this a word?), but I saw this been out valued and out controlled by other decks in the preview streams highlights. Also, any aggro deck will it this alive, or delay the plan for long enough to score a kill board, unless the control latches in place can stop them, without sacrificing too much choose on cards for the quest completion. Remember to play the quest on two, and a 1-mana minion on one for better survivability.

Elise the Enlightened - 4 stars
    Combine this with Zephrys and Flobbidinous Floop for plethora of get-out-of-jail cards. The singleton Druid deck will probably revolve around comboing and duplicating, potentially with Malygos(es) involved (to the desperation of some playgrounders). The question is how much aggro Paladin will be viable in this new meta, and how good are the control tools available to the singleton deck. My score is a reflection of this conundrum!

Unseal the Vault - 1 stars
    I don't see this spawning it's on viable deck, impacting the singleton one, or any of the current decks, mostly because Midrange Beast Hunter doesn't seem to have deck slots to spare for a quest package, and the others don't mesh well with minions (Secret Hunter) or beasts (Mech Hunter). Also, it competes with Zul'jin, which is better and don't need a dedicated package outside of the "really good hunter spells that you were going to use anyway" current in rotation.

Dinotamer Brann - 2 stars
    The addition of cards like Hunter's Pack, Hyena Alpha and Swarm of Locusts, as well as Zephrys, does seem to give Hunter enough tools to build a decent, singleton deck, and Hunter does have plenty of pressure tools that go along well with Brann. I just think it'll dwarfed (see what I did here?) by Midrange Beast Hunter and Secret Hunter.

Raid the Sky Temple - 4 stars
    I can only see this in the singleton deck, since current Mana Cyclone Mage is the better spellslinger. On the other hand, Reno Mage seems to be decent as a control deck, unless a more oppressive Big Spell Mage is born, so this card will thrive for sure.

Reno the Relicologist - 4 stars
    With the quest + current tools available, including a trimmed Cyclone package that also helps with the quest, Reno Mage can certainly stand up to face the current god of grind, Control Warrior, equipped with proper value generation through the Quest reward, and better finishers in Archmage Antonidas and Kalecgos, maybe even Jan'alai. And that is without bringing Reno itself to the fray, which positions the deck well against aggro decks, and Zephrys.

Making Mummies - 1 star
    Not enough support for the quest completion (the good reborn cards where given to the other classes), and not enough good deathrattle cards to support the deck past quest completion (aside from Mechanical Whelp and Mechano-Egg) lead me to believe this is unplayable as of now.

Sir Finley of the Sands - 3 stars
    The card itself if extremely powerful, but there's no current support for a decent singleton deck in paladin (e.g. no finishers aside from Shirvallah-Holy Wrath, and no good long term value plan), and the lack of control over which hero power you'll gain hinders this card's deck viability. It'll certainly be tested, though, on the merits of it's power combined with Zephrys alone. Paladin's hopes rests on aggro, once again.

High Priest Amet - 4 stars
    This can go on pretty much any Priest deck, moving forward, but right now the best deck that I think it'll be used in is Quest Priest, which'll be decent, but not top, thus hindering this card's evaluation.

Activate the Obelisk - 3 stars
    The conditions for the quest completion are not as hard as I first thought, but it remains to be seem how effective it'll be long term, since Priest's card pool is not the best it can be yet. I'll wait until the final expansion of the year to pass judgment on this card, but for now, it seems the deck will be merely decent.

Anka, the Buried - 2 stars
    Maybe it can spawn a new Mecha'thun deck? Otherwise, fringe at best. The lack of good deathrattles aside from Mechanical Whelp is really hurting, and there's no decisive reborn minion that I saw.

Bazaar Burglary - 5 stars
    It fits already into the current Tempo Rogue build , one of the best decks in the game even after the nerfs, so expect to see it played everywhere. Also, more incentive for people to play Tesspionage (and lose horrendously).

Corrupt the Waters - 5 stars
    Broken. Broken good. This will spawn a very in-your-face aggro deck, combined with the deal 2 damage lackey, the new 3-mana 3/3 and Fire Elemental (and Leeroy, because yes). Very easy to complete, and can also go into other types of decks, although I believe it's burn potential is gonna make Aggro Quest Shaman eclipse all other variations. My go to for the first day, period.

Vessina - 5 stars
    Can already go into the existing Aggro Shaman, fit's well into Quest Aggro Shaman, is hard to remove and spells GG the moment it hits the board. Expect plenty of Lava Burst + Vessina lethals moving forward.

Supreme Archaeology - 4 stars
    Gonna say, Kibler's Plot Twist Quest Warlock was looking kinda sweet, too bad I don't play Warlock. Now, can this deck be viable without the Rafaam shenanigans? I think so, considering the amount of healing that is available to Warlock once again. Not something I'll be looking foward to face on ladder.

Dark Pharaoh Tekahn - 3 stars
    You'll need to draw this as soon as possible, since a Zoo Warlock would never want a high cost minion on mulligan, and the effect only affect lackeys, which are a very finite resource. If much, it may see some play at a flexible slot, but the other new warlock minions (in particular, the 3/3 summon a 5/5) are more likely to have a impact than this legendary, and yet Zoo Warlock will not the very good in my eyes.

Hack the System - 2 stars
    Did I hear Quest Tempo Warrior? The only reason this is not better is simply because Control and Bomb will both eclipse it. Maybe if they print new warrior pirates, or more mid-range fast dragon synergy cards.

Armagedillo - 5 stars
    5/4 Zilliax, every single time. Goes right into existing Warrior decks, and Warrior is great.

I'm ready to run away with this championship once again. Easy! Mwuahuahuahuahua! /Rafaam's_laughter.wav
    "Stop talking." - Roy
    Surprised Champion Predictor of the Rastakhan Rumble's Card Rating Competition in the Playground - "I could predict pretty much anything, besides winning this competition!" - Myself, probably

24. - Top - End - #714
    Titan in the Playground

That was fun to think through; predictions below.

That stipulation about "defines a deck" is kinda interesting, means my ratings of all the quests wind up looking higher than you might expect, because quests are pretty much always going to define a deck.

Spoiler
    Show

Untapped Potential: 4 stars, based on how it'll probably define a Tier 3 deck. Hidden Oasis lets this deck function, and Oasis Surger is an incredibly powerful card in conjunction with this quest. I don't think it's as reliable as Druid's token decks or Lucentbark deck, but there's potential.

Elise the Enlightened: 3 stars; Nomi Druid doesn't seem like it'll be a thing, but this does make it more possible.

Unseal the Vault: 4 stars; there's enough token-summoning and deathrattles that Hunter likes to play with (Snip-Snap also adds to this!) that I could see this working out pretty well. quasi-token Hunter, just build a snowball of tempo.

Dinotamer Brann: 2 stars; Hunter doesn't have the tools to build a deck where they want a Turn 7 Krush specifically. Rating 2 stars instead of 1 to hedge my bets.

Raid the Sky Temple: 4 stars; I think it's good enough value that Mage will find a deck to make it work, especially because it lets you cheat multiple expensive spells into a single turn along with Kalecgos.

Reno the Relicologist: 2 stars; it's a really good card, but not good enough to go highlander for, when highlander can get undone by Bomb Warrior.

Making Mummies: 4 stars; it's a bit of an awkward fit into existing mech-buff decks thanks to the mandatory Reborn package, but I think it can be done.

Sir Finley of the Sands: 4 stars; what a weird, cool card; probably the most promising highlander card due to its incredible power, and it can potentially come down faster than Bomb Warrior can set up. Aggro Paladin can probably adjust to singletons fairly well.

High Priest Amet: 5 stars; this goes hand-in-hand with Reborn minions, and I'm betting heavy on the Priest quest being amazing. Since the Priest quest benefits from Reborn minions, this works together great. Zoo Priest ahoy! More importantly, Priest's hero power is at max obnoxiousness when you can't clear their minions, and this makes a nice curve when you trade a Reborn minion on Turn 4 after playing this.

Activate the Obelisk: 5 stars; the upgraded hero power is absurd, and AoE minion healing makes it pretty easy for Priest to get this done early.

Anka, the Buried: 3 stars; it's a good card, but you have to invest in deathrattles to make it work, instead of using it as a staple card. There's good cards it works with in Rogue, but I think it only works out in a dedicated Deathrattle deck, and that won't be high-tier.

Bazaar Burglary: 5 stars; Baku Rogue was scary, this is better than Baku Rogue because it can run Eviscerates and Shadowsteps. It has to generate cards from other classes, but that's easy to do, and you don't even have to play them. 3 damage per turn from the hero power is easily enough to close out the game, especially when it can alternately be used to clear minions.

Corrupt the Waters: 4 stars; battlecry gives great tempo in Shaman, and there's also some good value options. But I don't know that it's broken enough, even though 6-damage Fire Elemental is really good. Wavering between 3 and 4 here.

Vessina: 4 stars; free Flametongue Totem effect when you overload? Voltaic Burst producing two 3/1s with rush? Or the dream, Vessina plus Thunderhead plus Voltaic Burst. If you can get Vessina to stick on the board, that's easy to set up Turn 5 and totally takes the board. Very useful card in Shaman overall.

Supreme Archaeology: 4 stars; at minimum, it'll be an amazing addition to Plot Twist decks. Being able to get a 2 mana extra card every turn lets you close out games fast.

Dark Pharaoh Tekahn: 2 stars; it's the Rogue Quest effect, but lackeys are significantly less easy to come by, and it's missing a lot of the key features of the old Rogue Quest iterations, whether it was 4/4 stonetusks for OTKs or 4/4 lifesteal rushers to stabilize and stay alive with board control. Tempted to rate this 1 star, but I think it might see some use.

Hack the System: 4 stars; great addition to a slow warrior that acts as a backup for Boom, since you're guaranteed to have it. But I also think this is a boon for slow warrior because of Questing Explorer--Control Warrior is very happy to run a 2-mana 2/3 cycle, I suspect.

Armagedillo: 2 stars; the stats are fair if you don't have any taunts, but Warrior doesn't have enough taunts to make this a must-play card.
    Ludicrus Gaming: on games and story
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

25. - Top - End - #715
    Titan in the Playground

I really love reading all your ratings. It makes me reconsider some of my own, and wonder how things are going to shake out. I'm quite looking forward to the expansion, and the introduction of these quests - their design looks very fun.

26. - Top - End - #716
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

I'm just waiting for the single player mode. If it's anything like Dalaran Heist, it'll be excellent fun.

27. - Top - End - #717
    Troll in the Playground

My own predictions:

I'm surprised at how low i ended up rating these..

Spoiler
    Show
    Untapped Potential: 3 stars
    I think you die to aggro every time, but then again Druid got some ***INSANE*** cards, so they might just stay alive on the back of those huge value cards... Honestly, I don't have much faith in this quest.

Elise the Enlightened: 1 star.
    Terrible effect, no reason at all why i would play her.

Unseal the Vault: 1 star.
    Hard to complete, benefit is not good.

Dinotamer Brann: 3 stars
    I'm almost convinced by Trump, but you know what they say about expensive Hunter legendaries...

Raid the Sky Temple: 3 stars.
    I think this one is easy to complete, and actual infinite value that might sorta compete with Boom.

Reno the Relicologist: 1 star
    I have to agree with someone else above: Why play this over a second copy of Blizzard/Flamestrike?

Making Mummies: 1 star.
    I don't see the payoff working out too well. The minions are alright, but nothing spectacular, and the payoff is.. again, alright, but not spectacular.

Sir Finley of the Sands: 2 stars
    It looks like an interesting deck. The tools are there, somewhere buried. But it looks interesting. It's probably not as good as Keleseth, but maybe in the same ballpark?

High Priest Amet: 1 star.
    Terrible terrible terrible.

Activate the Obelisk: 2 stars
    I believe in zoo Priest, but not in Zoo Priest that skips turn 1 and has one less card.

Anka the Buried: 4 stars
    I'm gonna quote Ambervael here:
    I don't quite know what this will do, but I am sure it will break something. Its easy to use and the effect is terrifying. There will be shenanigans.
    Docking one star because i think the quest is better, and you might not wanna run both.

Bazaar Burglary: 5 stars
    Again, gotta agree with Ambervael:
    Its just so easy to complete. You can have this done in no time. And then you get infinite pre-nerf fiery waraxes that make you immune while attacking. I think this actually might be the most effective quest out of all quests, including past quests.

Corrupt the Waters: 5 stars.
    Another top tier quest, this one looks very strong, and definitely defining of a powerful deck. We all know what double battlecry means from our Solo adventures and when using Brann. Shaman definitely has enough early game to reach the reward, i'm confident in this one being good.

Vessina: 4 stars
    It's a better bloodlust that also combos with other things and can be played on its own and not be terrible.

Supreme Archeology: 1 star.
    Meme quest for a meme deck.

Dark Pharoah Tekahn: 2 star
    I'm gonna make a bold claim. Lackey Zoo Warlock will be great, but Tekahn won't be used in it.

Hack the System: 1 star.
    This card is not Doctor Boom.

Armagedillo: 1 star.
    I don't think Taunt Warrior will work, because it didn't get any *CRAZY* cards and it cannot be played in the current DrBoom deck.

EDIT: I'm super happy so many people are joining this game, we're at 14 entries and counting!
    Last edited by Gandariel; 2019-08-05 at 02:12 PM.
    So yeah. your wrong.

28. - Top - End - #718
    Ettin in the Playground

So after seeing Kripp's reborn deck, making mummies seemed very good but he might have just been high rolling.

Spoiler: Giant in the Playground Hearthstone Champion
    Show

29. - Top - End - #719
    Troll in the Playground

Aaand the results are in! Massive congratulations to this expansion's winner, who took the win by an extremely large lead!

Spoiler: Results
    Show

The score is the sum of the deviation from Trump's ratings, so low is good.
    There were a total of 18 cards rated, so congratulations to our winner Joran who stayed, on average, less than one star away from the real ratings!
    His only 3-point mistake was Commander Rhyssa at 5 stars.

Second place is Rodin, and third place is myself.

Congrats to all!

Neon Knight 33
    Hamste 28
    Seerow 24
    Geno9999 23
    DaedalusMkV 24
    Rodin 21
    Rynjin 30
    Gandariel 22
    Anarion 31
    Zevox 27
    Requizen 23
    Joran 15
    Gluteus_Maximus 24
    I'm very surprised I did so well. Some of the predictions were kind of off, like Rush Warrior being better than Bomb Warrior XD

In case anyone wants to see how much of a prophet I am ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Joran View Post
    Did the poll last night, but I don't remember exact numbers.

Spoiler: I stink at these and I'm tired
    Show

Keeper Stalldaris: I think I put this at 4, but should probably put it at 5. Easily a good card for a token druid with synergies with Wrath, Power of the Wild, and the new Crystal Power. Only issue is if Token Druid is good enough.

Lucentbark: If I had the guts, this should be a 1. Too vulnerable to steal, polymorph, silence effects. Druid also lost a lot of their defensive tools that let them get to Lucentbark.

Oblivitron: 2 stars, Stats suck, but Hunter has some interesting mech synergies, but Hunter has struggled historically against aggro, so probably too weak and most people will probably go the Beast synergy deck that's already pretty good.

Vereesa: Same as above. I don't think Hunter has many spell synergies either (no Shooting Star equivalent anymore) and living until 7 mana is a big ask.

Khadgar: 3 stars? Or was it 4? I think it'll be playable and interesting. Someone's going to find something broken with this. (Upon waking up this morning, I want to downgrade it to 2 but too late! It's good value but is a Control Mage good? Probably not, instead Mage archetype will probably be tempo/aggro.

Kalecgos: 2 stars? Slow, control mage is probably not going to be good.

Commander Rhyssa: 5 stars: Secret Paladin looks to be a tier 2 to tier 1 deck and she's good in it. Divine Favor rotating is a big loss for the deck though.

Nozari: My one 1 star!: I don't think Control Paladin will be a thing... although I should probably put this as a 2 star in case Holy Wrath Paladin actually is a thing.

Madame Lazul: 2 stars: Priest probably going resurrect instead of control. I think this card is only good in Control vs. Control matchups and is a mostly dead card against aggro. 3 mana 3/2, see the Leeroy in your opponent's hand does not strike me as a good card.

Catrina Muerte: 3 stars? 4 stars? Good card, obviously good in Resurrect Priest. Is Resurrect Priest good enough? Who knows.

Togwaddle: 5 stars: Seems easy to trigger, good cards. (Upon waking up, probably downgrade to a 3-4, since you'll need to put Lackey generation into your deck and I'm not sure how that's going to fit with the steal your cards Rogue)

Tak: 2 stars: Seems like a win more card and you don't want that dead card in your hand. You're already going to outvalue Control decks.

Scargill: 5 stars: Murloc Shaman looking scary.

Hagatha: 3 stars: Not sure how much exploration of Control Shaman, but she'll probably be good in it.

Rafaam: 2 stars: Fun card, probably won't see play.

Fel Lord Betrug: 2 stars: Again, fun card, probably won't see play... in Standard. Warlock looks more zooish or impish.

Boom Reaver: 2 stars: Great discover off of Boom, probably not one you want in your deck.

Blastmaster Boom: 4 stars: I think Bomb Warrior will be worse than Rush Warrior, but this seems like a good card in a tier 2-3 deck.

Going into the expansion, I'm more of a Spike than anything else, so I'm interested in seeing what the pros figure out. I remember Dog piloting Quest Rogue, back when people didn't think it'd be good, and just crushing people.
    P.S. The key is being wishy-washy. I tried very hard not to put things as 5s or 1s and instead did 2 or 4s XD That means if I'm wrong, I'm wrong by a lot less ;)
    Last edited by Joran; 2019-08-05 at 10:17 PM.

30. - Top - End - #720
    Troll in the Playground

Here's my rankings for Uldum. Wishy-washy again:

Spoiler
    Show

Untapped Potential: 2 stars: I think the effect is powerful, but I'm having trouble seeing a win condition for Choose 1 Druid. Giving up tempo (not utilizing your full mana), I'm having trouble seeing how this is better than Token Druid. Maybe if Maly Druid or some other combo druid comes back.

Elise: 2 stars: I can see some kind of greedy, beat Warrior deck could use Elise (maybe Lucent Bark?) but you're giving up consistency in your deck which will get your face caved in by Aggro.

Unseal the Vault: 1 star: Absolute garbage in Standard. You want your usual hero power to push damage for aggro decks. Skipping your turn 1 to play the quest is bad tempo.

Dinotamer Brann: 2 stars: Powerful effect, I can see a Hunter singleton being interesting to play... but probably not as good as the midrange Hunter/mech Hunters that already exist. Also, ruins Master's Call.

Raid The Sky Temple: 2 stars: My initial thought was 1 star. Why would someone run this card? Then I thought maybe Cyclone Mage (with Conjurer's) would enjoy it for the long term value. But it also means you lose a mulligan card... So, I kept going back and forth between 1 and 3... and ended up at 2. Someone's going to experiment with it, but I think it'll be cut eventually. There's no support for it at the moment.

Reno the Relicologist: 2 stars: Super powerful effect... but probably not good enough to displace the other Mage decks.

Making Mummies: 2 stars: Again, powerful effect with Deathrattles and reborns... but I'm having trouble finding the reborns necessary for this to work.

Sir Finley: 3 stars: Singleton aggro I think. Seems like a good effect and you get that sweet Crystology into draw Finley high roll. I think this card + Zephyrs makes Singleton useful for Paladin, but you'll run into too many Bomb Warriors to make a dent.

High Priest Amet: 4 stars: Looks super good, inner fire + Divine shield is an obvious synergy. Going to be really annoying

Active the Obelisk: 2 stars: Tempo Priest... is never truly a thing because you have to stick something to the board and if you lose board control you lose.

Anka The Bured: 3 stars: Crazy card, but Rogue struggles with surviving to the late game. Clear Mecha'thun build along with other builds. I think it'll be good, but not top tier.

Bazaar Burgulary: 3 stars: I think it's good but not sure it's better than the Pirate Package.

Corrupt the Waters: 4 stars: Seems both ridiculous and easy to proc. Control Shaman isn't top tier, but this is a really good card.

Vessina: 5 stars: AGGRO SHAMAN. Seems good and easy to proc. Savage Roar with a body. So easy to proc with the aggro game plan + Likkim. I'm kind of scared of Aggro Shaman.

Supreme Archaelogy: 2 stars: Wholly dependent on Plot Twist to work... which means it's not good.

Tekahn: 3 stars: It's Rogue Quest! On a stick! Zoo seems like a tier 3 deck, and this defines it, given Lackey + Zoo seems good.

Hack the System: 1 star: Tough condition (need to both equip a weapon and swing 5 times) and the hero power pales to Dr. Boom.

Armewhatever: 3 stars: Taunt Warrior will probably not be as good as bomb warrior, but this will be tried and probably place a tier 3 deck.
    Last edited by Joran; 2019-08-05 at 11:06 PM.