New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Hearthstone 23: The Evil League of EVIL

So, I never really do this, but I was theorycrafting a Druid deck.

It mixes so many themes, but in a way that honestly feels kind of doable

This is the deck:

https://www.hearthstonetopdecks.com/decks/que5treant/

Basically, it's quest + "holding a 5 cost spell" + Treants

I'm sad I didn't get to add Swipe or Beeees!, and the deck feels weak in the early game.
    Therefore, if the quest turns out to be bad, the idea would be:
    -1 quest
    -2 crystal merchant
    -2 hidden Oasis

+2 BEEES
    +1/2 Starfall
    +1 Siamat/Zilliax
    Last edited by Gandariel; 2019-08-06 at 07:57 AM.

2. - Top - End - #722
    Titan in the Playground

What is your win condition? Where is your removal?

In my honest opinion, Quest Druid should be a Midrange approach that goes wide (Treants!) and finishes with 1 Roar 1 Cenarius. In my truly honest opinion, I assume Quest Druid is not very good.
    Last edited by Spore; 2019-08-06 at 08:53 AM.

3. - Top - End - #723
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sporeegg View Post
    What is your win condition? Where is your removal?

In my honest opinion, Quest Druid should be a Midrange approach that goes wide (Treants!) and finishes with 1 Roar 1 Cenarius. In my truly honest opinion, I assume Quest Druid is not very good.
    Yeah, now that I've built this, I think quest druid will be bad. Imma revise my score in the rating game.

In the questless version, we have more than enough removal, but I guess you're right, I need a finisher.
    Quote Originally Posted by actual quote from this forum
    So yeah. your wrong.
    Check out Camp Archimedes, a (slightly homebrew) mercenary camp full of interesting units. A great addition to any campaign (in my very biased opinion)

4. - Top - End - #724
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gandariel View Post
    Yeah, now that I've built this, I think quest druid will be bad. Imma revise my score in the rating game.

In the questless version, we have more than enough removal, but I guess you're right, I need a finisher.
    It might have enough draw engine to do something like "Nomi Druid". But it lacks the copy function. Maybe Nomi plus Floop for double or Elise Enlightened in a Highlandeer Quest Druid.

But that is spreading yourself so thin it has almost meme potential.

5. - Top - End - #725
    Firbolg in the Playground

Expansion launches in a few minutes, and first the first time in a long time I have today and tomorrow off. So I'll be playing a lot.

I currently have a play a friend quest, so if anyone wants 80g it's Oshi#1354, first come first serve.

Also if in the next couple days anybody wants to test out a deck but doesn't have the cards for it yet, friend me and post the list here. I intend to keep up my complete standard collection after getting it last month, so I can build the deck from a code you provide so you can borrow it and give it a whirl. Try before you buy!
    Last edited by Seerow; 2019-08-06 at 12:42 PM.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

6. - Top - End - #726
    Ogre in the Playground

Expansion has launched! Results of 54 packs from 5000 Gold, 3 Tavern Packs, and 1 Arena pack:

Spoiler: Answer: a giant pile of sand
    Show
    Free Quest: Activate the Obelisk

Legendaries: Bazaar Burglary, Supreme Archaeology, Hack the System, King Phaoris

Epics: 1x Shadow of Death, 1x Plague of Murlocs, 3x Diseased Vulture, 1x Mischief Maker, 1x Blatant Decoy

Rares: 8x Hidden Oasis (6 Normal, 2 Gold), 1x Overflow, 3x Ramkahen Wildtamer, 1x Hyena Alpha, 1x Swarm of Locusts, 3x Arcane Flakmage, 2x Dune Sculptor (1N, 1G), 1x Brazen Zealot, 2x Salhet's Pride, 3x Pharaoh's Blessing, 2x Holy Ripple, 4x Wretched Reclaimer, 1x Sahket Sapper, 1x Weaponized Wasp, 2x Earthquake, 2x Mogu Fleshshaper, 2x Expired Merchant, 3x Plague of Wrath, 3x Tomb Warden, 4x Neferset Ritualist, 2x Quicksand Elemental, 1x Conjured Mirage, 2x Sunstruck Henchman, 4x Khartut Defender (3N, 1G), 2x Wrapped Golem.

Amusingly, I am 4/5 of the EVIL's quests, and have gotten zero of the new League of Explorers' cards.
    you know that I'm more than just a doll do you?-Geno
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Thecrimsonmage and By Shades of Gray by Akrim.elf

and current made by me.

7. - Top - End - #727

Quote Originally Posted by Geno9999 View Post
    Expansion has launched! Results of 54 packs from 5000 Gold, 3 Tavern Packs, and 1 Arena pack:

Spoiler: Answer: a giant pile of sand
    Show

Legendaries: Bazaar Burglary, Supreme Archaeology, Hack the System, King Phaoris

Epics: 1x Shadow of Death, 1x Plague of Murlocs, 3x Diseased Vulture, 1x Mischief Maker, 1x Blatant Decoy

Rares: 8x Hidden Oasis (6 Normal, 2 Gold), 1x Overflow, 3x Ramkahen Wildtamer, 1x Hyena Alpha, 1x Swarm of Locusts, 3x Arcane Flakmage, 2x Dune Sculptor (1N, 1G), 1x Brazen Zealot, 2x Salhet's Pride, 3x Pharaoh's Blessing, 2x Holy Ripple, 4x Wretched Reclaimer, 1x Sahket Sapper, 1x Weaponized Wasp, 2x Earthquake, 2x Mogu Fleshshaper, 2x Expired Merchant, 3x Plague of Wrath, 3x Tomb Warden, 4x Neferset Ritualist, 2x Quicksand Elemental, 1x Conjured Mirage, 2x Sunstruck Henchman, 4x Khartut Defender (3N, 1G), 2x Wrapped Golem.

Amusingly, I am 4/5 of the EVIL's quests, and have gotten zero of the new League of Explorers' cards.
    Congrats! 4 legendaries in 50 packs is a pretty strong showing.

I just finished my second round of pack openings, compiled stats here:

Spoiler
    Show

Bonus Legendary - Unseal the Vault
    Bonus Golden Legendary (Preorder) - Bazaar Burglary
    Bonus Golden Legendary (Preorder) - Colossus of the Moon

227 Packs
    001 - Dark Pharaoh Tekahn
    031 - Elise the Enlightened
    062 - Armagedillo
    069 - High Priest Amet
    072 - Anka, the Buried
    083 - Making Mummmies
    084 - Siamat
    119 - Raid the Sky Temple
    141 - Supreme Archaeology
    166 - Dinotamer Bran
    171 - Zephrys the Great
    180 - Hack the System
    187 - Reno Relicologist
    193 - Activate the Obelisk
    201 - King Phaoris
    218 - Octosari

Golden Commons: 20
    Golden Rares: 15
    Golden Epics: 4

Most duplicated common: Hooked Scimitar (25)
    Most duplicated rare: Wretched Reclaimer and Plague of Wrath (tied at 11)
    Most duplicated Epic: Psychopomp (6)

Missing Legendaries:
    Untapped Potential
    Sir Finley
    Corrupt the Waters
    Vessina

Missing Epics: 21

Cost for full collection after packs: 14,800 dust

Round two went really well. 8 legendaries in the 94 packs from batch two. In this opening I got no doubles, and no goldens, but still wound up what I feel like is pretty well above average (227 packs should average around 13 legendaries, I got 16). Overall I wound up with 14 epics unusable due to being more than 2, if the same rule that applies to legends applied to epics I'd only be short 7 epics of a full collection. So that feels pretty good.

8. - Top - End - #728
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

shaman quest + golden Paladin quest for logging in

legos + epics
    ----------------------
    King Phaoris
    body wrapper
    body wrapper
    Vessina
    mortuary machine
    splitting axe
    dwarven archeologist
    shadow of death(gold)
    body wrapper
    bloodsworn mercenary
    dwarven archeologist + riftcleaver
    mortuary machine
    mogu cultist
    colossus of the moon micro mummy + desert obelisk
    mogu cultist
    bloodsworn mercenary
    micro mummy
    tip the scales
    rogue quest splitting axe

-----------------------------
    pretty bad compared to past releases 8(
    guess I should put a rog deck together to abuse the quest before they nerf it
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

9. - Top - End - #729
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

No packs for me. I'm saving until I know how much gold it'll cost to unlock the Tomb Delve or whatever its called.

10. - Top - End - #730

So not sure if it was a highroll or not, but quest hunter may actually be legit. I just got rolled over by one who completed his quest on turn 6 utilizing Unleash the Hounds and the spell that resurrects all beasts that died this turn.

It probably wouldn't have worked nearly as well against a deck that didn't go as wide as mine did, but man, it caught me totally offguard.

11. - Top - End - #731
    Titan in the Playground

I ended up preordering this one at the last minute since there was a surprising number of decks I wanted to try out, so after throwing another 40 packs on the pile with gold I had a pretty good haul.

Legendaries:
    Golden Siamat from pre-order was the real standout.
    Untapped Potential
    Elise the Enlightened
    Unseal the vault
    Dinotamer Brann
    Raid the Sky temple
    Reno the Relicologist
    Bazaar Burglary
    Anka the buried
    Supreme Archaology
    Zephrys the great

A lot of cards I actually wanted here, and I ended up with every Explorer save Finley.

The only Epics I lack at least one copy of are Crystal Merchant, Whirlkick Master, Plague of Murlocs, Splitting Axe, Bloodsworn Mercenary, Dwarven Archaologis, and Blatant Decoy, but I have 3500 dust worth of duplicates to play with.

Oddball decks on my list to build:

Big Spell Paladin with big minions, a few mechs + Kangor's, Duel, King Phaoris, and Sunreaver Warmage
    Yogg Mage
    Aggro "Pain Warrior"
    Aggro Singleton Hunter
    Mogu Cultist Rogue

12. - Top - End - #732

Big Spell mage seems -really- good. I'm sure my list isn't optimized, but it feels like a ridiculous amount of value. Sand Witch and Tortollan Pilgrim are such powerful cards, and Sunreaver Warmage is surprisingly useful. King Phaoris on the other hand I feel is probably better off being cut in favor of Kalecgos. But regardless, to give an idea of the value I just played against a quest druid and took it down to fatigue, winning even despite Yogg Box giving me a sprint and burning 2-3 cards.

13. - Top - End - #733
    Titan in the Playground

No special cheap bungle like the Arena package from last time for those of us that aren't dropping $50+ on this, eh? Disappointing, but oh well.

So, 53 packs (35 gold, 15 bought, 3 brawl freebies) for me. My high-rarity pulls:

Legendaries: Supreme Archaeology, Siamat, Sir Finley of the Sands, Vessina.
    Epics: Plague of Murlocs, 2x Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron, 2x Dwarven Archaeologist, Whirlkick Master (Gold), Whirlkick Master, 2x Tortollan Pilgrim, Body Wrapper, Vulpera Scoundrel, Bloodsworn Mercenary, Shadow of Death, Mischief Maker.

Most Duplicates: 8 Bone Wraith for commons, 5 Khartut Defenders for Rare.
    Notable misses: Only one Oasis Surger and Hidden Oasis, no Candletaker (only notable because I want to try the Paladin Quest...). Otherwise all higher rarity stuff.
    Total dust after: 2185.

So, that's a mixed bag. I feel like I high-rolled on quantity of epics but low-rolled on quality (seriously, the only ones I care about are the Plague of Mulrocs and maybe the two Tortollan Pilgrims). Free Quest could have been better but could have been worse. Supreme Archaeology and Vessina are let-downs as Legendary pulls, but Siamat is great, and Sir Finley was on my wanted list.

Well, not sure what I'll do now. I can toss some Reckless Mummies, Frightened Flunkies, and maybe Siamat in my Control Warrior and just play out a few games to get the three bonus packs I guess, or craft the Druid Quest (probably the thing I'm most eager to try). Strangely, as good as a lot of the card looked to me as they were being announced, I don't really find myself super-eager to play with them. Perhaps partially because it's hard to get my attention away from Fire Emblem right now, but still, even with that there's a low number of new decks that really feel like I want to try them (Quest Druid, Quest Paladin... I don't know, maybe Zoo Priest or Taunt Warrior?), and I didn't get the important cards for any of them. Maybe just throw together Highlander Paladin since I got Finley, even though I'm really not expecting much from it because, well, Paladin.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

14. - Top - End - #734
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

For once I didn't save up a few thousand gold, so I'm going to be behind the curve on getting new cards. My piles of gold went to buying out the single player set bit by bit, and arena play.

Any thoughts on Lackey Zoo in Warlock? Being able to play a really low to the ground deck the then gets a bunch of 1 mana 4/4s seems good on paper, but it might be insufficiently explosive.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

15. - Top - End - #735
    Titan in the Playground

After a friendly match with Seerow, opened another pack, and got a Golden Dinotamer Brann. Immediately dusted it and turned it into Zephrys the Great. So now my Highlander Paladin can at least suck with both of the good Highlander Legendaries in it.

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

16. - Top - End - #736
    Ogre in the Playground

Finished the expansion launch's quest of Play 100 cards, and got 3 more packs:

Epic: +1 Mortuary Machine

Rare: +1 Hyena Alpha, +2 Ancient Mysteries, +1 Brazen Zealot, +2 Questing Explorer, +1 Generous Mummy

Not bad, Questing Explorer is very nice, though I don't think it quite slots into Burglary Quest Rogue like the deck recipe calls for, but will help me refine my Quest Priest deck.

If anyone wants to give me some critiques on the decks, go ahead. Been playing around with them in Casual, haven't stepped into Ranked since release.
    Spoiler: Obelisk 1
    Show
    ### Obelisk 1
    # Class: Priest
    # Format: Standard
    # Year of the Dragon
    #
    # 2x (0) Circle of Healing
    # 1x (1) Activate the Obelisk
    # 2x (1) Beaming Sidekick
    # 1x (1) Crystallizer
    # 2x (1) Inner Fire
    # 2x (1) Northshire Cleric
    # 2x (1) Power Word: Shield
    # 2x (2) Divine Hymn
    # 2x (2) Divine Spirit
    # 2x (2) Injured Tol'vir
    # 2x (2) Penance
    # 2x (2) Wild Pyromancer
    # 2x (3) Acolyte of Pain
    # 2x (4) Bone Wraith
    # 2x (5) Convincing Infiltrator
    # 2x (6) Khartut Defender
    #
    AAECAZ/HAgL6/gLdqwMO+ALlBPYH0QrSCvIM+wy98wKClAOhoQPSpQPypQP9pwO ZqQMA
    #
    # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

The idea with this version is that Reborn works way too well with the quest to be ignored; hence trading out Injured Blademaster and Henchclan Shadequill for Bone Wraith and Khartut Defender. Convincing Infiltrator is also there to counter aggro.

Spoiler: Obelisk 2
    Show
    ### Obelisk 2
    # Class: Priest
    # Year of the Dragon
    #
    # 2x (0) Circle of Healing
    # 1x (1) Activate the Obelisk
    # 2x (1) Embalming Ritual
    # 2x (1) Northshire Cleric
    # 2x (1) Power Word: Shield
    # 2x (2) Extra Arms
    # 2x (2) Injured Tol'vir
    # 2x (2) Penance
    # 2x (2) Wild Pyromancer
    # 2x (3) Acolyte of Pain
    # 2x (3) Injured Blademaster
    # 2x (3) Wretched Reclaimer
    # 2x (4) Hench-Clan Shadequill
    # 2x (5) Convincing Infiltrator
    # 2x (5) Mass Hysteria
    # 1x (5) Sandhoof Waterbearer
    #
    AAECAZ/HAgLRpQPdqwMO5QT2B9UI0gryDPsM5fcCl4cDgpQDg5QDrKUDt qUD0qUDmakDAA==
    #
    # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

This variant took out Divine Spirit + Inner Fire Combo because I felt it bloated what is ultimately a Tempo deck. Also replaced the Reborn Minions and opted with the new Embalming Ritual and Wretched Reclaimer and put back in the Blademaster and Shadequill. Works, but had a game where I really struggled against Rogue, especially since my deck doesn't usually get itself going before their Quest finished up and could easily take out my usually solo minions before they could snowball out.

Also two Tempo Rogue Decks because I haven't figured out if Hooktusk and Togwaggle together in the same Quest deck is better or not.

Spoiler: Togwaggle
    Show
    ### Is Kobold way!
    # Class: Rogue
    # Year of the Dragon
    #
    # 2x (0) Backstab
    # 1x (1) Bazaar Burglary
    # 2x (1) Pharaoh Cat
    # 2x (2) Clever Disguise
    # 2x (2) EVIL Cable Rat
    # 2x (2) Eviscerate
    # 1x (2) Sap
    # 2x (2) Underbelly Fence
    # 2x (3) Blink Fox
    # 1x (3) Edwin VanCleef
    # 2x (3) EVIL Miscreant
    # 2x (3) Fan of Knives
    # 2x (3) SI:7 Agent
    # 2x (4) Hench-Clan Burglar
    # 2x (4) Spirit of the Shark
    # 2x (4) Vendetta
    # 1x (6) Heistbaron Togwaggle
    #
    AAECAYO6AgSyAs0DkpcDp6gDDbQBmwWIB90Ix/gCtIYDtJEDj5cDkJcD+5oD/poD9acDragDAA==
    #

Spoiler: Hooktusk
    Show
    ### Never Fight Fair
    # Class: Rogue
    # Year of the Dragon
    #
    # 2x (0) Backstab
    # 1x (1) Bazaar Burglary
    # 2x (2) Clever Disguise
    # 2x (2) Eviscerate
    # 1x (2) Sap
    # 2x (2) Underbelly Fence
    # 2x (3) Blink Fox
    # 1x (3) Edwin VanCleef
    # 2x (3) EVIL Miscreant
    # 2x (3) Hench-Clan Thug
    # 1x (3) Nightmare Amalgam
    # 2x (3) SI:7 Agent
    # 2x (4) Hench-Clan Burglar
    # 1x (4) Sahket Sapper
    # 2x (4) Ticket Scalper
    # 2x (4) Vendetta
    # 2x (6) Cursed Castaway
    # 1x (8) Captain Hooktusk
    #
    AAECAYO6AgayAs0D3oID1owD+6UDp6gDDLQBiAfdCKbvAt/vAsf4Aqr/Ao+XA5CXA/uaA/6aA62oAwA=
    #
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show

and current made by me.

17. - Top - End - #737

The midrange variant of Obelisk doesn't seem to be working out. As others predicted, it lacks the finishing power to close the game, even if you complete the quest relatively quickly.

Thus far the best variant of the quest I've run into has been a Resurrect Priest using the deck. Basically playing all the high health minions with drawbacks (Bear, Stegadon, etc) and mass res/Catarina. Toss in Divine Hymn and Circle of Healing, with so many big high health creatures you will just naturally find places where you can restore a ton of health at once, and complete the quest all in one go. A little later than a dedicated quest priest might, but early enough to still have tons of value left in the deck to take advantage of with it.

After I got steamrolled with it I built my own variant on it and wound up going 4-0 before getting bored and swapping decks.

For quest rogue I feel like the Togwaggle variant of the two you posted is probably better, but probably both are good and it'll take a lot of play to suss out which package is actually stronger. I do feel like trying to combine the two is putting too much in at once.

18. - Top - End - #738
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

I got the warrior quest (blergh) for the free quest and Warlock lackey legendary from my the free packs.

I've just played whizzbang so far, mostly against other whizzbangs I suspect. The rogue quest is ridiculous. The plot twist warlock is memey and fun, pulled it off against an mech hunter. Priest res deck seemed like it could really use the quest. I could see how that could be really annoying.

That's my .5 cents, I'm mostly saving gold till the SP is announced.

19. - Top - End - #739

Took some time away from constructed, I got to toy around with the decks I really wanted to play and am now waiting to see what the community comes up with. Decided to use my free arena run.

Drafted an aggro hunter, it was very fast, but went around 4 wins. First loss came to a priest that zoo'd out harder and faster than I did. Second loss came from a mage who just had enough control tools to get by, last loss came from a second priest, though this one I blame on draw RNG. Half my deck was 1/2 drops, I hard mulliganed for 1/2 drops, and still had nothing that cost less than 3 mana until turn 4.

Still, 4 wins wasn't too bad (last expansion my arena experience was awful, typically only getting 2-3 runs) so I decided to use my gold from questing/laddering for the day to try again. This time I drafted an utterly absurd Midrange warlock (Heartharena rated it at 78 points. An average deck is a bit below 70 for comparison). I wound up going 7 wins on that one. Warlock felt really good, the self damage synergy really adds up, and the stuff it provides is just better in arena than constructed (if you manage to stick the 4 mana 3/5 that summons a 3 cost minion every time you take damage for more than a turn, you basically win the game). However, I don't think I drafted the right balance there and wound up with enough self damage stuff that I was in dangerous positions a lot of time, and sometimes those risks bit me.

A 7 win run though is enough to get your gold back, I got 150g plus a pack, so I figured why not toss it into the slot machine again. This time I grabbed Paladin. The deck I didn't actually think was anything spectacular, it was rated spot on at 70 points, and was missing a lot of what I consider to be the Paladin power cards (the only really great Paladin card I got in the draft was Steed). But it had a very aggressive curve, with a ton of 2 drops, and I was able to just get under a lot of the slower decks that were trying to get started on 3. In particular Mages seemed to struggle with my curve. I had Fungalmancer and the new 8 mana croc as finishers. With this run wound up going 9 wins. This one lost to a mage who had Reno on curve, followed by Malacras on curve, into a second Reno on turn 9, and then a Warlock and Rogue who just seemed to have better decks overall but nothing crazy.

But got ~170g back on this one, and now debating on going in for round 4.

20. - Top - End - #740

Has anyone figured out how to play recognizable music on the Uldum board toes?

21. - Top - End - #741

Has anyone figured out how to play recognizable music on the Uldum board toes?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone..._statues_toes/

22. - Top - End - #742

I wasn't even thinking about that. I just meant stuff like playing, I dunno, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. The fact that it unlocks a secret is bonus awesome.

23. - Top - End - #743

I wasn't even thinking about that. I just meant stuff like playing, I dunno, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. The fact that it unlocks a secret is bonus awesome.
    Ah I see. Well, the thread also specifies the 10 different notes you can make with the toes, and also tells which toe goes to which note so you can use it to play any music that uses those notes. I am not musically inclined enough to make it sound right but I am sure there are people out there who will start posting videos of pretty impressive stuff from this.

24. - Top - End - #744
    Ettin in the Playground

So Tip the Scales is making paladin annihilate everything. Turns out turn 4 or 5 summon seven murlocs is insane.

Spoiler: Giant in the Playground Hearthstone Champion
    Show

25. - Top - End - #745
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hamste View Post
    So Tip the Scales is making paladin annihilate everything. Turns out turn 4 or 5 summon seven murlocs is insane.
    Turn 4 or 5?! Tip the Scales is 8 Mana! How is that even possi- *Prismatic Lens Exists* Ah. Now I see.
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show

and current made by me.

26. - Top - End - #746
    Titan in the Playground

Sounds like a one-trick pony deck that something like Control Warrior laughs at and eats for breakfast. Fill the board on turn 5, just get Brawled/Warpathed and lose.

Speaking of, Brawliseum for this week's Brawl, and there's no way I was bringing a Finley Paladin into that, so I threw together a Control Warrior, just swapping the Eternium Rovers for Frightened Flunkies and a few tech cards for Restless Mummies and Siamat. Currently 3-0 with it, over two sketchy decks that I do not understand what they were going for* and a Murloc Shaman that never drew Angler or Tastyfin. Pretty happy with the new cards so far, Siamat is fantastic, and the Mummies are solid. Flunkies I haven't gotten to play much so far, but they've seemed good enough when I have. Awkward to get a batch where Armegedillo is your best choice but not have anything for it to buff, though, since the only taunt minions my regular Control Warrior is running are those Flunkies and Zilliax.

*The first was some kind of Control Mage that was neither Reno nor Quest, nor did it seem to run Calling, Giants, or Cyclone, just some random big cards like Big Bad Archmage and Mount Seller, plus assorted spells. The second was a Druid that seemed like a Token Druid weakened by slotting in a bunch of Choose One cards (including bad ones like Mark of Nature), but for no apparent reason because it didn't run the Quest.

27. - Top - End - #747
    Ettin in the Playground

Best case scenario is turn 4-5 Tip the scales, another tip the scales as soon as possible, Nomi and Zephrys into probably another Nomi or win the game. Drawing at least 14 cards (Sometimes another 4 from Tastyfins) from your deck with 2 cards works pretty well with Nomi and Zephrys.

Spoiler: Giant in the Playground Hearthstone Champion
    Show

28. - Top - End - #748
    Titan in the Playground

Best case scenario is turn 4-5 Tip the scales, another tip the scales as soon as possible, Nomi and Zephrys into probably another Nomi or win the game. Drawing at least 14 cards (Sometimes another 4 from Tastyfins) from your deck with 2 cards works pretty well with Nomi and Zephrys.
    Zephyrs can't give you Nomi, it only gives you basic or classic cards. And you're still banking hard on drawing your Prismatic Lens early and getting the second Tip the Scales before it's severely weakened by most of your Murlocs already being drawn. I don't know, haven't seen it in action, but sounds sketchy against Control decks with a decent amount of board wipe, especially Warrior. Being a two-trick pony by adding Nomi isn't that much better than being a one-trick one.
    Last edited by Zevox; 2019-08-07 at 06:10 PM.

29. - Top - End - #749
    Titan in the Playground

I think "Pain Warrior" actually has potential.

Bloodsworn Mercenary is really good, and the "harm your own minions for power" package has a surprising amount of support. When you look at "deal a damage to you minion when you play it" as an upside, a 3 mana 2/4 weapon (Overlord's Whip) is actually really good. I've played a few games with it and while it feels a LITTLE jank, I think with some tuning it could run real smooth.

30. - Top - End - #750

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    I think "Pain Warrior" actually has potential.

Bloodsworn Mercenary is really good, and the "harm your own minions for power" package has a surprising amount of support. When you look at "deal a damage to you minion when you play it" as an upside, a 3 mana 2/4 weapon (Overlord's Whip) is actually really good. I've played a few games with it and while it feels a LITTLE jank, I think with some tuning it could run real smooth.
    I agree, I think this may be the tempo warrior I've been looking for. Sadly for my card ratings, the quest doesn't seem too great, but while testing it I ran into someone doing enrage warrior and it seemed really solid. I'm keeping an eye out for any refined decklists from this archetype to try out.