New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Hearthstone 23: The Evil League of EVIL

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    Could you post your list? I never really liked druid, this seems worth a try.
    Yeah! Here you go:

Spoiler: Decklist
    Show
    Earthen Scales × 2
    Jade Idol × 1
    Loot Hoarder × 2
    Wrath × 2
    BEEEES!!! ×2
    Ferocious Howl × 2
    Jade Blossom × 2
    Branching Paths × 1
    Ironwood Golem × 2
    Oaken Summons × 2
    Poison Seeds × 2
    Swipe × 2
    Starfall × 2
    Nourish × 2
    Spreading Plague × 2
    Dreampetal Florist × 1
    Linecracker × 1

Sorry, don't have a hearthpwn account or anything, so I have to do it that way.

A few notes:

I'm not sure the second Nourish is needed. I often find myself playing one or both of them AFTER I've played the combo. Maybe replace one with a stall card.

With this list, the combo is quite fragile when playing against mill decks. Jade Idol can save you, but beware. A second Florist, Linecracker, or both would not be remiss, either.

Resurrect priest just seems to be a bad match up for this deck. Every time I've beaten one, it's either because I drew really well, or they drew really poorly. I might simply be approaching those matches wrong, but I don't know.

Druid opponents are hard. The best way to win that I've found is to hang onto one of the Poison Seeds for dear life, then wait until I'm 99% sure they have nothing but Jade Idols in their hand and deck, and their board is full. Then, I build up my golems to a good size, wait until my hand is full of Jade Idols, then Poison Seeds into 6 golems. With no removal or taunts, there isn't really anything they can do.

Also, in case it needs to be said: make sure Linecracker is the only minion in your hand when you play Florist. I lost a game earlier because I wasn't paying enough attention to my hand.

Oh, and don't be afraid to let it off early. If you've got discounted Linecracker and both BEEEES!!!, one Earthen Scales will still get you to 1200 armor, which is plenty for most games(yeah, most. I had a priest munch his way through 1500 armor once)
    Last edited by Stevesciguy; 2019-08-23 at 11:47 PM.

Avatar kindly provided by TinyMushroom!

2. - Top - End - #842
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Stevesciguy View Post
    Yeah! Here you go:

Spoiler: Decklist
    Show
    Earthen Scales × 2
    Jade Idol × 1
    Loot Hoarder × 2
    Wrath × 2
    BEEEES!!! ×2
    Ferocious Howl × 2
    Jade Blossom × 2
    Branching Paths × 1
    Ironwood Golem × 2
    Oaken Summons × 2
    Poison Seeds × 2
    Swipe × 2
    Starfall × 2
    Nourish × 2
    Spreading Plague × 2
    Dreampetal Florist × 1
    Linecracker × 1

A few notes:

I'm not sure the second Nourish is needed. I often find myself playing one or both of them AFTER I've played the combo. Maybe replace one with a stall card.

With this list, the combo is quite fragile when playing against mill decks. Jade Idol can save you, but beware. A second Florist, Linecracker, or both would not be remiss, either.

Resurrect priest just seems to be a bad match up for this deck. Every time I've beaten one, it's either because I drew really well, or they drew really poorly. I might simply be approaching those matches wrong, but I don't know.

Druid opponents are hard. The best way to win that I've found is to hang onto one of the Poison Seeds for dear life, then wait until I'm 99% sure they have nothing but Jade Idols in their hand and deck, and their board is full. Then, I build up my golems to a good size, wait until my hand is full of Jade Idols, then Poison Seeds into 6 golems. With no removal or taunts, there isn't really anything they can do.

Also, in case it needs to be said: make sure Linecracker is the only minion in your hand when you play Florist. I lost a game earlier because I wasn't paying enough attention to my hand.

Oh, and don't be afraid to let it off early. If you've got discounted Linecracker and both BEEEES!!!, one Earthen Scales will still get you to 1200 armor, which is plenty for most games(yeah, most. I had a priest munch his way through 1500 armor once)
    Looks like a bunch of fun, going to give it a shot :) Thanks a lot!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

3. - Top - End - #843
    Ogre in the Playground

Not sure how it works on mobile, but if you hover over the deck name after you've selected it in your collections to edit it, there's the option to copy. Then you can paste it like this:
    Spoiler: Example Deck
    Show
    ### Oddly Standard?
    # Class: Paladin
    # Format: Wild
    #
    # 1x (1) Abusive Sergeant
    # 2x (1) Argent Squire
    # 2x (1) Beaming Sidekick
    # 2x (1) Blessing of Might
    # 2x (1) Brazen Zealot
    # 2x (1) Crystology
    # 2x (1) Glow-Tron
    # 2x (1) Mecharoo
    # 2x (1) Never Surrender!
    # 2x (3) Bronze Gatekeeper
    # 1x (3) Ironbeak Owl
    # 2x (3) Magic Carpet
    # 2x (3) Microtech Controller
    # 2x (3) Raid Leader
    # 2x (3) Salhet's Pride
    # 1x (5) Zilliax
    # 1x (9) Baku the Mooneater
    #
    AAEBAYsWBPIBogKe+AKggAMNRvUF+Qql9QL2/QLW/gLZ/gKMgAOOmgO1nwPIpAOVpgP9pwMA
    #
    # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

It also gives you a handy code string that you can copy instead.

A few notes:

Looking at your deck, you probably can get away with replacing a Nourish with a second Linecracker? Helps with getting the combo in hand, should one copy ends up in the bottom of the deck, or if it gets pulled out by a Dirty Rat or the like.
    you know that I'm more than just a doll do you?-Geno
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Thecrimsonmage and By Shades of Gray by Akrim.elf

and current made by me.

4. - Top - End - #844
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

The deck is fun and consistent, but it relies too much on opponent's scooping to ladder properly. Nothing like back to back hour long fatigue games.

5. - Top - End - #845

The deck is fun and consistent, but it relies too much on opponent's scooping to ladder properly. Nothing like back to back hour long fatigue games.
    This is very very true. It's OK for me, since I have a lot of free time at the moment, but it's a major issue.

I'm not quite sure why they stick around so often. I guess they want to try to drag it out to a draw?

6. - Top - End - #846
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Do we know anything about the solo adventure Tombs of Terror yet?

7. - Top - End - #847
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

This is very very true. It's OK for me, since I have a lot of free time at the moment, but it's a major issue.

I'm not quite sure why they stick around so often. I guess they want to try to drag it out to a draw?
    I also play MTG and it has a deck called Whir Prison, which used to be Lantern Control. They do the same thing in different ways, which is just flat out turn the game off and make it so the opponent never does anything until they quit or run out of cards. Lantern used a lock where it would surgically mill the top of the opponent's library so they only drew lands, Whir just locks out the opponent from attacking or playing spells.

The biggest complaint people had was opponents would try to go to time rather then accept defeat, so Whir/Lantern was bad in paper where you shared time but great online where there was a chess clock. Something about prison decks make people want to punish the people playing it, even when they are torturing themselves.

I had a game earlier where I was playing Jade Druid and learned some cool stuff. We each couldn't be fatigued, but all I had to do was wait until I had a hand full of jade guys and play them all at once. They would fill their whole field, so their things couldn't get bigger as long as I didn't kill anything or play any creatures. Play 7 jade idols, then wait and play another 7 and they never caught back up.

Edit: I suppose you could just rope them after the combo goes off. Walk away and leave the game going for 20 minutes, there is about 1 deck that can actually win in time (Mechathun).
    Last edited by Tvtyrant; 2019-08-24 at 12:59 PM.

8. - Top - End - #848

The biggest complaint people had was opponents would try to go to time rather then accept defeat, so Whir/Lantern was bad in paper where you shared time but great online where there was a chess clock. Something about prison decks make people want to punish the people playing it, even when they are torturing themselves.
    People are weird.

Edit: I suppose you could just rope them after the combo goes off. Walk away and leave the game going for 20 minutes, there is about 1 deck that can actually win in time (Mechathun).
    There is a second one, I've found. C'thun Rogue. If they get their Blade on your Linecracker, they can win. Doesn't mean much, I don't think many people are playing C'thun Rogue. Although I did play 3 C'thun decks in a row today, which was bizarre.

Leaving them to rope feels kinda cruel, but you might be right.

9. - Top - End - #849
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

People are weird.

There is a second one, I've found. C'thun Rogue. If they get their Blade on your Linecracker, they can win. Doesn't mean much, I don't think many people are playing C'thun Rogue. Although I did play 3 C'thun decks in a row today, which was bizarre.

Leaving them to rope feels kinda cruel, but you might be right.
    I also lost to a priest who used Mind Control on my guy, but that seems unlikely in ladder due to mind control being so expensive.

10. - Top - End - #850
    Ogre in the Playground

I guess any Warlock could use Treachery and Executus to remove all of that precious armor ;)

Do we know anything about the solo adventure Tombs of Terror yet?
    Aside from the fact it should launch in a month (maybe a few days more), I don't think so.

(yeah, most. I had a priest munch his way through 1500 armor once)
    What kind of Priest was that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickford View Post
    I don't understand your point. Why does it matter what I said?

11. - Top - End - #851

Quote Originally Posted by Geno9999 View Post
    Looking at your deck, you probably can get away with replacing a Nourish with a second Linecracker? Helps with getting the combo in hand, should one copy ends up in the bottom of the deck, or if it gets pulled out by a Dirty Rat or the like.
    That could be good. Sadly, I do not have a second Linecracker, nor the dust to craft it, so I'll need to figure something else out until I do.

I also lost to a priest who used Mind Control on my guy, but that seems unlikely in ladder due to mind control being so expensive.
    Oh yeah, that'd do it, too. You're right, though. Not too common unless you can cheat it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Divayth Fyr View Post
    What kind of Priest was that?
    A priest who got really lucky with his resurrections, and the cards he got off his Lich Kings. I was outta removal, just waiting for fatigue to take him, and he got Anti-life Shell like 6 times.

In other news, I just played against someone else with this combo! I made the mistake of leaving up an Auctioneer, which combined with his completed quest let him cycle his Idols up to 30/30(this was before I realized he had the combo - he hadn't played it yet). He then spent several turns hammering away at my armor, while I killed off some of his dudes to try and mitigate the damage. He finally got past all my armor, had me down to twelve health, he just needed one last turn to make the killing blow.

Then it hit turn 50 and we drew.

I am a horrible man.

I might've been able to win if I didn't stupidly leave it up. I also should've known he was playing it, he milled his own Dreampetal Florist earlier in the game. Probably could've won if I'd played smarter.
    Last edited by Stevesciguy; 2019-08-24 at 02:34 PM.

12. - Top - End - #852
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

That could be good. Sadly, I do not have a second Linecracker, nor the dust to craft it, so I'll need to figure something else out until I do.

Oh yeah, that'd do it, too. You're right, though. Not too common unless you can cheat it out.

A priest who got really lucky with his resurrections, and the cards he got off his Lich Kings. I was outta removal, just waiting for fatigue to take him, and he got Anti-life Shell like 6 times.

In other news, I just played against someone else with this combo! I made the mistake of leaving up an Auctioneer, which combined with his completed quest let him cycle his Idols up to 30/30(this was before I realized he had the combo - he hadn't played it yet). He then spent several turns hammering away at my armor, while I killed off some of his dudes to try and mitigate the damage. He finally got past all my armor, had me down to twelve health, he just needed one last turn to make the killing blow.

Then it hit turn 50 and we drew.

I am a horrible man.

I might've been able to win if I didn't stupidly leave it up. I also should've known he was playing it, he milled his own Dreampetal Florist earlier in the game. Probably could've won if I'd played smarter.
    I didn't realize there was a turn 50 rule, funny.

Currently comboed off for 2600 against murloc shaman, he is playing it out for some unknown reason.
    Last edited by Tvtyrant; 2019-08-24 at 04:46 PM.

13. - Top - End - #853

I didn't realize there was a turn 50 rule, funny.
    Not surprising. It's so rare(and pretty difficult) for a game to go that long that I imagine most people wouldn't. I'm not even sure where I learned it.

Currently comboed off for 2600 against murloc shaman, he is playing it out for some unknown reason.
    Oof. I kinda get it when it's a deck with big minions, because there is some tiny hope they can whack their way through all the armor, but I don't get why a murloc shaman would do that. Guess he's hoping your power will go out and disconnect you
    Last edited by Stevesciguy; 2019-08-24 at 05:19 PM.

14. - Top - End - #854
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Not surprising. It's so rare(and pretty difficult) for a game to go that long that I imagine most people wouldn't. I'm not even sure where I learned it.

Oof. I kinda get it when it's a deck with big minions, because there is some tiny hope they can whack their way through all the armor, but I don't get why a murloc shaman would do that. Guess he's hoping your power will go out and disconnect you
    Maybe he was hoping my deck would fatigue as well? He hit 0 cards and then scooped, while I was actually gaining cards by that point.

15. - Top - End - #855

Maybe he was hoping my deck would fatigue as well? He hit 0 cards and then scooped, while I was actually gaining cards by that point.
    Ah, yes, Jade Idol. The most balanced of cards.

I've actually played against two fatigue decks so far. Little do they know that they only make my game easier

16. - Top - End - #856
    Titan in the Playground

I like to think the people that drag out games against a degenerate deck like that are heroes; self-sacrificing so others may have fun.

As long as you're in their game, you can't queue into anyone else, after all.

17. - Top - End - #857
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    I like to think the people that drag out games against a degenerate deck like that are heroes; self-sacrificing so others may have fun.

As long as you're in their game, you can't queue into anyone else, after all.
    As opposed to the healthy meta of resurrection priests? Someone is going to dislike every deck, salty players are bad for the game even when they are on your side.

18. - Top - End - #858
    Titan in the Playground

As opposed to the healthy meta of resurrection priests? Someone is going to dislike every deck, salty players are bad for the game even when they are on your side.
    Wild in general is a ****show, yes.

In more concrete terms a deck that wins a game without winning the game is bad for the health of the game because it psychologically discourages people from playing. There's a difference between the PERCEPTION of inevitability (Control Warrior) and the reality (this Druid deck once the combo goes off).

People generally aren't wired to purposefully admit defeat, so they feel trapped in a losing game.

If the combo simply killed the opponent it would actually be less damaging.

19. - Top - End - #859
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Wild in general is a ****show, yes.

In more concrete terms a deck that wins a game without winning the game is bad for the health of the game because it psychologically discourages people from playing. There's a difference between the PERCEPTION of inevitability (Control Warrior) and the reality (this Druid deck once the combo goes off).

People generally aren't wired to purposefully admit defeat, so they feel trapped in a losing game.

If the combo simply killed the opponent it would actually be less damaging.
    Again, it is only because Stevesciguy and I aren't being rude about this that it even effects us. I can just as easily walk away for 20 minutes and still win 90% of the time, the person being salty is hurting themselves.

20. - Top - End - #860
    Titan in the Playground

Again, it is only because Stevesciguy and I aren't being rude about this that it even effects us. I can just as easily walk away for 20 minutes and still win 90% of the time, the person being salty is hurting themselves.
    I feel like we're talking about different things.

The first post was a joke, BTW. The second post is the real explanation for why people aren't auto-conceding.

21. - Top - End - #861
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I feel like we're talking about different things.

The first post was a joke, BTW. The second post is the real explanation for why people aren't auto-conceding.
    Okay then I totally missed that being a joke, my bad.

In total agreement on the why though. Earlier I mentioned Lantern Control, which is a deck so infuriating even I feel bad playing it. It leaves open a tiny chance you will luck into a hate card, almost enticing you to keep playing.

Edit: There are a surprising number of counters in this format. Like having two ethereal arcanists to get infinity large.
    Last edited by Tvtyrant; 2019-08-24 at 07:27 PM.

22. - Top - End - #862

Beginning to consider auto-conceding against priests. Basically no point in trying.

Any deck that can do absolutely nothing for 5 turns and still have a decent chance of winning has something wrong with it.

23. - Top - End - #863
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

So Skulking Geist just kills the deck outright. That was a fun discovery lol.

Well at least it is a combo you can interact with easily.

24. - Top - End - #864

So Skulking Geist just kills the deck outright. That was a fun discovery lol.

Well at least it is a combo you can interact with easily.
    Oh yeah, that'll do it. Kinda sucks.

I've been lucky enough to not get geisted, yet. But it looms on the horizon.

25. - Top - End - #865
    Titan in the Playground

Any deck that can do absolutely nothing for 5 turns and still have a decent chance of winning has something wrong with it.
    Uhm but that is just Control. Respond to wait for your good cards to come online.

26. - Top - End - #866

Quote Originally Posted by Sporeegg View Post
    Uhm but that is just Control. Respond to wait for your good cards to come online.
    Good point. My statement was overly simplistic.

27. - Top - End - #867
    Troll in the Playground

Beginning to consider auto-conceding against priests. Basically no point in trying.

There are many decks that kill you by turn 5 if you're not doing anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by actual quote from this forum
    So yeah. your wrong.
    Check out Camp Archimedes, a (slightly homebrew) mercenary camp full of interesting units. A great addition to any campaign (in my very biased opinion)

28. - Top - End - #868
    Ogre in the Playground

Not exactly new news about the upcoming Solo Adventure for Saviors of Uldum, but Blizzard did announce two new Tavern Brawls that will start next week and lead up to the new adventure.
    you know that I'm more than just a doll do you?-Geno
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Thecrimsonmage and By Shades of Gray by Akrim.elf

and current made by me.

29. - Top - End - #869
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

every single game i play in wild i get geisted
    and it does nothing against either of the two decks i play in wild atm
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

30. - Top - End - #870

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    every single game i play in wild i get geisted
    and it does nothing against either of the two decks i play in wild atm
    Really? What rank are you at? I'm stumbling around 14 right now, and I think I've only gotten geisted 2 or 3 times in a few dozen games.

Not that I'm complaining, since my deck gets super-screwed by geist...