New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,486 of 1486
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Hearthstone 23: The Evil League of EVIL

Maybe one of those strong difference in experience between a hardcore Control player and a midrange player. *shrugs*

In any case, I found that deck WAY more fun to play against (and play, for that matter) than Big Priest #92918

Edit: Also, looks like page 50 has snuck up on us, just in time for the new year.

Any thread title ideas?

I like: Hearthstone 24: Praise Galakrond!
    Last edited by Rynjin; 2020-01-01 at 01:23 AM.

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    Maybe one of those strong difference in experience between a hardcore Control player and a midrange player. *shrugs*

In any case, I found that deck WAY more fun to play against (and play, for that matter) than Big Priest #92918
    Maybe indeed. I spent most of the last expansion (up until the Wild Card event, anyway) playing Quest Shaman, which could struggle hard against that deck if it got a good opening and mine did not.

And I'd very much go the other way personally, I much prefer facing a Resurrect Priest to that zoo-ish deck, especially the current incarnation of it. I can't stand matches ending as they do against that aggro/"Combo" Priest, where the game either snowballs quickly from the early game or ends abruptly when they drop an Inner Fire combo. This version of Resurrect Priest though feels pretty good - it's got its strong late-game, but not so overwhelming that you (or at least, Control Warrior) can't possibly out-value it with smart use of removal resources; plus it has a weakness to exploit in that you need to damage it in order for it to activate the Quest, so you at least partially control when they get to do that. And unlike the Wild variation it's not cheating those big minions out via things like Barnes and that one six mana spell, but playing them honestly and then just power spiking off the Quest hero power and the Resurrect cards themselves in the late game. All in all, my kind of deck to play against.

Edit: Right, new thread title. Resileaf suggested "Great Galakronds Galore" a couple pages ago. I'm good with either that or "Praise Galakrond!," personally - a Galakrond reference of some sort seems like the way to go.
    Last edited by Zevox; 2020-01-01 at 01:32 AM.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Ogre in the Playground

Thread title ideas:

Don't tell the other Threads, I'm rooting for you!

Inexplicable Invoke

The Highlander Quest Deathrattle Galakrond Thread
    you know that I'm more than just a doll do you?-Geno
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Thecrimsonmage and By Shades of Gray by Akrim.elf

and current made by me.

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Geno9999 View Post
    Thread title ideas:

Don't tell the other Threads, I'm rooting for you!
    I like this one. Good ol' Bob.

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Troll in the Playground

yeah i'd also go with something Battlegrounds related
    Quote Originally Posted by actual quote from this forum
    So yeah. your wrong.
    Check out Camp Archimedes, a (slightly homebrew) mercenary camp full of interesting units. A great addition to any campaign (in my very biased opinion)

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    Edit: Also, looks like page 50 has snuck up on us, just in time for the new year.

Any thread title ideas?

I like: Hearthstone 24: Praise Galakrond!
    Quote Originally Posted by Resileaf View Post
    Side note, the thread is rapidly approaching its 50th page, and we should consider a new thread title.

I suggest "Great Galakronds Galore"
    I only mentionned it back on page 48. :P

In any case, there's my suggestion for next title.

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

i will drop my vote for
    Don't tell the other threads, I'm rooting for you!
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

8. - Top - End - #1478
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Don't tell the other thread titles, but I'm rooting for that one too.

9. - Top - End - #1479
    Orc in the Playground

The bob idea, definitely.

Also, @Rynjin @Zevox:
    My thoughts on the subject: please review the base and classic cards, hearthstone team! One of these days... x.x
    "Stop talking." - Roy
    Surprised Champion Predictor of the Rastakhan Rumble's Card Rating Competition in the Playground - "I could predict pretty much anything, besides winning this competition!" - Myself, probably

10. - Top - End - #1480
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Wish I had taken a screenshot of a game today. I was a whizzbang Mage against secret/aggro hunter, he got me down to 1 HP, then I burst him for exactly 22 with Surprise Pyroblast supplementing my board he had gambled by ignoring on that last turn.

11. - Top - End - #1481
    Titan in the Playground

Yesterday I faced off against Star Aligner Priest in Standard Ranked.

It was...weird.

12. - Top - End - #1482
    Ogre in the Playground

I've no opinion on the next thread name.
    I've been playing dragon warrior for a couple days as it's where my daily quests have been focused; I'd originally built the deck before the most recent set, so I only tweaked a few cards for it. It's interesting how the deck has gotten better even without the tweaks though; changes in the pool of cards made the deck play better even before I tweaked the deck. In particular dragon roar, which gives 2 random dragons, got noticeable better, because the average quality of dragons went up some, and because there's now a LOT of strong legendary dragons to potentially get.

The deck is fun to play, though slow for quests, often going to fatigue, so it takes a long time to get in a game. It's not especially strong, so I lose a fair deal, but it has lots of value, and never runs out of steam until the deck is empty; I should tweak it some, there's actually a bit too much value, and the hand tends to get full of expensive cards that it takes awhile to cast, I need more tempo plays for when I get behind.
    A neat custom class for 3.5 system
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94616

A good set of benchmarks for PF/3.5
    https://rpgwillikers.wordpress.com/2...y-the-numbers/

An alternate craft point system I made for 3.5
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...t-Point-system

13. - Top - End - #1483
    Bugbear in the Playground

Man, I just love random brawls. You know what's really fun? Having one of your minions cast Dinomancy, rendering you without a hero power, while your opponent's minions cast Luna's Pocket Galaxy to make sure that their Bwomsandi and randomly cast Book of Spectres and Small Time Recruits are extra valuable.

Avatar kindly provided by TinyMushroom!

14. - Top - End - #1484
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Stevesciguy View Post
    Man, I just love random brawls. You know what's really fun? Having one of your minions cast Dinomancy, rendering you without a hero power, while your opponent's minions cast Luna's Pocket Galaxy to make sure that their Bwomsandi and randomly cast Book of Spectres and Small Time Recruits are extra valuable.
    I actually find the Yogg-Saron brawl to be one of the more fun ones. Edge cases* aside, there is an actual skill level associated with the Brawl. Playing minions when you're ahead on board is a very bad idea. Playing a bunch of small minions to try and take the board is a bad idea, because they're your best tool for coming back when you've decisively lost the board. The whole brawl is one big game of RNG manipulation, and it's very satisfying when you pull it off. It's also very fulfilling to win a game where you've seen your opponent make bad plays that are only bad in this specific brawl.

There's also tense situations that you only get with a random Brawl. My last game went to fatigue, and my opponent played a Temporus gambling that I couldn't stick a big enough board through the RNG. He was right, but then had to play his own minions through RNG, knowing that any draw effect would also kill him. He won the dice roll there too, but I'm not mad about it - he played the odds and got lucky, and it was the best play available to him.

For this Brawl in particular, I find the times where the RNG utterly screws you to be far less than the times it provides a really good game. Something that can't be said for the Randomonium that randomizes the mana costs of your cards. And Crossroads is basically Arena.

*Luna's is actually kinda worthless in the brawl without additional shenanigans

15. - Top - End - #1485
    Nerdomancer in the Playground Moderator

DruidGuy

The Mod Life Crisis: Page 50, please start a new thread :)
    Spoiler: Medals & Current Characters
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Nifft View Post
    More sources, more choices, more power. Welcome to D&D.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee
    I mean, I have been assuming Jdizzlean looks like Nathan Fillion this whole time to start with...
    The Mod Life Crisis If you need me to address a thread as a Moderator, please include a link

16. - Top - End - #1486
    Titan in the Playground

New Thread is up.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis