New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Default Re: Hearthstone 23: The Evil League of EVIL

I got wrecked by the paladin guy in the first level because I didn't have any AoE or board clear to get rid of his constantly buffing minions.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah, while checking my adventures, I noticed I never defeated Chromaggus and Nefarian. I tried both and gor wrecked, any tips for these two in Heroic difficulty? Like deck archetypes, or strategies for those two? I have beaten every other heroic boss in all wing-based adventures, but those two are like the bane of my existence.
    Check out which is the Playground's favorite Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus the Grim View Post
    "Narass, what's the scouter say about their power level?"

"**** if I know."
    >> My Extended Signature <<

Hey guys, I'm a vestige! And a spell!

Awesome avatar by Cuthalion.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Wow, talk about a blast from the past.

Maybe I'll try completing those old challenges on harder difficulties too.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

I have been considering picking up the old Adventures along with Rise of Shadows adventure.
    you know that I'm more than just a doll do you?-Geno
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Thecrimsonmage and By Shades of Gray by Akrim.elf

and current made by me.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

It turns out the artifact that makes you draw two more cards each turn isn't exactly useful if you can't spend all that mana.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Resileaf View Post
    It turns out the artifact that makes you draw two more cards each turn isn't exactly useful if you can't spend all that mana.
    I had a different problem with it - I went with Quest Hunter to alleviate the mana problem, and combined it with the "left card in your hand is discounted" artifact. The result is my board was constantly too full to play minions and most of my hand is self replacing - the raptors draw a card, Springpaw draws a Lynx, Shimmerfly gives a spell, etc. So I wound up burning half the deck anyway.

Still won though, so it was effective. I've beaten both wings on Heroic wiith Quest Hunter now. Struggling to do it with the other classes. I may need to lift the ban on the Robes of Gaudiness so I can get the wins.

The artifact I've found least good so far is the one that shuffles in a 1-cost version of any friendly minion that dies. You're just too likely to start replicating 2-drops and then perpetually draw them instead of the better cards in your deck.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ogre in the Playground

I went with the "your cards cost half but you can only play two cards per turn", and did surprisingly good, during the tavern I had my Dr. Boom get to be always in my opening hand, and with the mage hero power that reduces by (2) the cost from a card of your hand, and had him 3 times as a turn 2 play, which was pretty good considering it was a 2 mana Dr. Boom.

During my shaman run I picked the left card costs (2) less, plus minions cost (1) less with choosing a Flamewreathed Faceless for a turn 1 4 mana 9/9, combined with pretty good 2 mana or less draws, I ended up with a solid (strong) turn 1 play. I still lost to the Manastorm lady, her squirrels were too difficult to deal with because of her cog weapon.
    Check out which is the Playground's favorite Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus the Grim View Post
    "Narass, what's the scouter say about their power level?"

"**** if I know."
    >> My Extended Signature <<

Hey guys, I'm a vestige! And a spell!

Awesome avatar by Cuthalion.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Malificent Manastorm is the hardest boss I've run into so far. Last time I fought her she opened with Galvanizer, then on turn 3 (with the extra mana crystal she gets for free) she played Dynomatic to sweep my board, then immediately Magnetized a big mech onto it the next turn so I couldn't kill it, then put a Beryllium Nullifier onto it so I couldn't even target it.

She's wiped out my last 3 Heroic Shaman runs, and I'm getting sick of the sight of her. She's almost as bad as that Evolve dude from Dungeon Run.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Are the boss sets fixed for each wing?

10. - Top - End - #250
    Troll in the Playground

Welp, after i couple attempts i did the heroic one too, by drafting an absolutely insane combo.

Your leftmost card costs 2 less
    +
    Random 1 drop + "Has +4/+4 but costs 2 more" + "Always starts in your hand"
    +
    The Muscle + "Always starts in your hand"
    =

Turn 1 6/5, turn 2 4/5 plus three random cards that cost 0.

I even got "your minions have +1/+1" in the end. Absolutely bonkers.
    Also, in another run that ended badly, i had gotten "spells cost mana" with Antonidas for lethal.
    Pretty fun
    Quote Originally Posted by actual quote from this forum
    So yeah. your wrong.
    Check out Camp Archimedes, a (slightly homebrew) mercenary camp full of interesting units. A great addition to any campaign (in my very biased opinion)

11. - Top - End - #251
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Are the boss sets fixed for each wing?
    Yup though some have a fair bit of RNG cards, Dalaran Level 1 boss Marei Loom has the spell Call of the Void which can produce any random demon.

12. - Top - End - #252

Quote Originally Posted by Sporeegg View Post
    Yup though some have a fair bit of RNG cards, Dalaran Level 1 boss Marei Loom has the spell Call of the Void which can produce any random demon.
    I won't run into Marei as my 5th boss in the bank though, and my final bank boss is always Queen Toggwaggle. Thought so.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

I won't run into Marei as my 5th boss in the bank though, and my final bank boss is always Queen Toggwaggle. Thought so.
    Kinda. You won't see Queen Togwaggle outside the bank, but she isn't the only final boss of the bank. Marei only shows up in the first couple tiers, but can appear in both the bank and the hold. There's quite a bit of overlap, but there are also unique bosses to each wing.

There also seems to be a TON of bosses, with hopefully more unique ones showing up in the later chapters.

Also, add Kara Stamp to my "Oh dear merciful GOD" category. Let's just say she started dropping random 7 drops on turn 1. I actually won that match, though I have no idea how.

Update: And I've FINALLY gotten a second win on Violet Hold Heroic. It took killing 5 Y'shaarjs along with accompanying 9-10 drop minions including one point where there were 3 Y'shaarjs on the board at the same time. Yogg'Saron repaid my trust in him by Divine Shielding himself before dropping a Lightbomb. Even from there I almost lost, and had to win via a 48 damage double Malygos into 3 Fireballs to get exact lethal, with a counter-lethal coming the next turn if I hadn't had that. Final boss dropped me to single-digit health despite me opening with triple 6/14 Malygeese on turn 3.

I've just got Shaman to go for Violet Hold Heroic. Given the ridiculous stuff I had to pull out for wins on the other 2 classes, I may just go sit in a corner and cry instead.
    Last edited by Rodin; 2019-05-18 at 12:03 PM.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ettin in the Playground

I just finished a heist with 8 rags and my minions cost half. Felt good to finally best the heroic banker guy that copies minions and gives them +4/+4 for 2 mana.

Spoiler: Giant in the Playground Hearthstone Champion
    Show

15. - Top - End - #255
    Titan in the Playground

I've had a bunch of really fun runs so far. There was the one where I got the Rush treasure and also got the indestructible Mukla, and I also was running Murloc Shaman that time. Turns out that having a ton of little rush minions is amazing for board control, especially with Spirit of the Murloc. Then there was the Goggles Miracle Hunter. I only got one incredible Lock and Load turn off, but it was so good.
    Ludicrus Gaming: on games and story
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

16. - Top - End - #256

Beat Bank on my second run with Mage, Gallywix is a far easier final boss than Queen Toggwaggle was.

I only wish you could track which wings you've beaten as which classes, beyond the 'bosses defeated as X' tracker.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Beat Bank on my second run with Mage, Gallywix is a far easier final boss than Queen Toggwaggle was.

I only wish you could track which wings you've beaten as which classes, beyond the 'bosses defeated as X' tracker.
    You get a crown-type thing over each class you've beaten a wing with, same as in Dungeon Run. It's separate progression between Normal and Heroic. The only thing that doesn't get tracked (as far as I can tell) is which starting decks and hero powers you've won with.

Shaman Violet Hold Heroic continues to defeat me. Half the time my deck doesn't come together because the buckets for Shaman are kinda poor. The other times I run into a Boss that just hard counters me. Getting Lavanthor as Murloc Shaman is pure pain.

I really, really want to beat it without the Robes of Gaudiness, because that artifact is just so ridiculously broken. Starting to think I'll have no choice though.

18. - Top - End - #258

Quote Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
    You get a crown-type thing over each class you've beaten a wing with, same as in Dungeon Run. It's separate progression between Normal and Heroic. The only thing that doesn't get tracked (as far as I can tell) is which starting decks and hero powers you've won with.

Shaman Violet Hold Heroic continues to defeat me. Half the time my deck doesn't come together because the buckets for Shaman are kinda poor. The other times I run into a Boss that just hard counters me. Getting Lavanthor as Murloc Shaman is pure pain.

I really, really want to beat it without the Robes of Gaudiness, because that artifact is just so ridiculously broken. Starting to think I'll have no choice though.
    So you do.

Violet Hold finished on my first try, thanks to Cloak of Invisibility. Just as ridiculously good here as it was in Dungeon Run.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rodin View Post

I'm pretty sure that's the one I beat via Rocket Boots and murloc swarm.
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ettin in the Playground

Robe's of gaudiness do make these so much easier. The toughest I have faced is Banker Biggs (He returns a card to his hand with +4/+4. He just destroys control decks even though his AI isn't as good as it could have been.) Cyangosia is also extremely tough though very rare from what I have seen. The most lethal boss though from my experience is Linzi. She is a first boss so your deck has nothing special in it. If you don't get the damage in early or chose a deck with little direct damage then her hero power will eviscerate you.

Spoiler: Giant in the Playground Hearthstone Champion
    Show

21. - Top - End - #261

Barista Lynchen is another hilarious Cloneball upset - get 2 of them in hand before discounting and it's an infinite supply of duplicating 4/5s. Brawls are never balanced, but the sheer entertaining number of ways you can do ridiculous things is the draw.
    Last edited by The Glyphstone; 2019-05-19 at 04:06 PM.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I've beaten the single player a few times off of the power that gives you a random deathknight power and the one that cuts its cost in half and lets you use it twice a turn. All of them except the inverted healing are busted.
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    I've beaten the single player a few times off of the power that gives you a random deathknight power and the one that cuts its cost in half and lets you use it twice a turn. All of them except the inverted healing are busted.
    The inverted healing? Are you referring to the Priest's deathknight power? Because that one can be pretty busted too if you have the right deck for it. Quest Hunter + refreshable damage to the board wrecks face.

The big thing I've been finding with the Heroics so far is that the difficulty is really variable. I finally finished with Shaman, and it was my weakest deck by some distance. The only treasure of note was Big Boomba, which saved me from Malficient before she could build up a big mech board. The rest of my deck was just bog-standard Elemental shaman, without even getting broken artifacts to pair with it. I had the "start with a weapon" for my second one, which gifted me with a Cursed Blade on my first use. Don't recall what my first was, but it wasn't anything special.

The difference was basically not getting any of the really nasty bosses. Malificent is okay if you can push through her early board pressure and stop her from magnetizing everything under the sun, and the final boss was that beholder dude who is a nerfed version of the Dungeon Run boss. No quest + his eye powers coming from his deck rather than getting them for free makes for a much easier fight, and all I had to do was damage race his hero power as a Shaman with 2 Kalimos, a Walking Fountain, and a Witches Brew in my deck.

24. - Top - End - #264

I almost had a disastrous run as Quest Hunter - got all the way to Millificent, but when I used my DK Shaman hero power it turned a 1-drop into Doomsayer, blowing up my Super Simian Sphere. Luckily I managed to re-stabilize with Shaw+Raptor spam, and once I had board control it was game.

People talk about the Robe of Gaudiness being the best, but since I haven't gotten it so far my absolute MVP treasure is the Hyperblaster - 1/5 Poisonous Immune While Attacking. Clearing five of the toughest minions for free is amazing for tempo.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Firbolg in the Playground

I almost had a disastrous run as Quest Hunter - got all the way to Millificent, but when I used my DK Shaman hero power it turned a 1-drop into Doomsayer, blowing up my Super Simian Sphere. Luckily I managed to re-stabilize with Shaw+Raptor spam, and once I had board control it was game.

People talk about the Robe of Gaudiness being the best, but since I haven't gotten it so far my absolute MVP treasure is the Hyperblaster - 1/5 Poisonous Immune While Attacking. Clearing five of the toughest minions for free is amazing for tempo.
    I've been offered Robe of Gaudiness twice, but since it limits you to playing two cards per turn and both times I was running minion swarm decks, this seemed like a really bad idea.

Just had a fun Heroic run where my first treasure was Scepter of Summoning, so I drafted really heavy. Then I got a treasure that draws you 3 cards a turn, but makes you immune to fatigue damage.

Basically I'd start burning cards and have a full hand from turn 5 onwards, and always hit fatigue like 3-4 turns before winning, but it still felt like I breezed through the game, even the Beholder final boss.

Other fun combos included Murloc Shaman with gain 2 armor every time a minion dies. I routinely ended with more than 50 armor with that deck. I really thought the armor power was going to be trash, but it surprised me.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ettin in the Playground

So... gotten sort of curious, is there any sort of pattern as to what decks you get from the "start the game with an EVIL deck" legendary?(the cape of... someone who's name I forget. )
    Are there ones for all nine classes? And is there any randomness to the cards you get?
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

27. - Top - End - #267
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    So... gotten sort of curious, is there any sort of pattern as to what decks you get from the "start the game with an EVIL deck" legendary?(the cape of... someone who's name I forget. )
    Are there ones for all nine classes? And is there any randomness to the cards you get?
    There you go. Warlock is pretty meme-y and Priest is utter crap. Shaman is not "meta", Warrior and Rogue are basically T1.
    Last edited by Spore; 2019-05-20 at 06:04 AM.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    I had a good run going when I picked that early on. When I got Mage DK power, I wrecked their face. Then I got Rogue DK power, and lemme tell you, that thing is really not good in the early game.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeGuitarrem View Post
    I had a good run going when I picked that early on. When I got Mage DK power, I wrecked their face. Then I got Rogue DK power, and lemme tell you, that thing is really not good in the early game.
    The best ones in my experience were Mage and Hunter, dealing 6 damage and gaining 6 life a turn is broken.
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ogre in the Playground

Nerfs of the Expansion has finally been announced, and I think it's to no surprise that Rogue got hit the hardest.

EVIL Miscreant: Goes from 1/5 to 1/4 stats.

Raiding Party: Cost increased to 4 Mana.

Preperation: Now only reduces the next Spell's cost by 2.

Archivist Elysiana: Cost increased to 9 Mana.

Spoiler: Thoughts on Nerfs
    Show

EVIL Miscreant looks to me the least impactful, since many Tempo Rogues have cut Shadowstep to 1 or cut them out completely, so in general you're not in danger of leaving the Miscreant alone for a turn only for it to get replayed anyway. Where this does become impactful is Witch and Goblin Lackeys: less likely to survive to get evolved into a 4-drop, or survive rush trades. Despite these, I think Miscreant will still see play.

Raiding Party, as I've alluded to in my thoughts on Zalae Shadowcloak, is the reason why Tempo Rogue is so consistently powerful atm. This makes it a lot less consistent to pull off on curve, and harder for the Rogue to snowball their Tempo game with Waggle Pick and Pirates. Shot in the kneecaps, but still Rogue's best draw option atm, so still sees play.

Preparation... For once, I'm going to preemptively agree with Zevox's concerns about Rogue's future and Classic set in general, because even though this opens up design for future sets, that doesn't change the fact that all of the past sets were designed with 3 reduction Prep in mind. Sprint and Vanish are already tough sells to put in a deck, this makes it even harder. I'd say even 4 mana Spells like Academic Espionage is harder to play now. If Raiding Party nerf is a shot in the kneecaps, this here is the shot in the head that kills Rogue's win rate.

Archivist Elysiana I have not seen too much play, but that's because I'm mostly an Aggro player, so if I see Archivist Elysiana, either I'm too slow, or my opponent is super desperate. But as I understand it, Elysiana + Bounce effect is fun for exactly one (1) player, and that is the player that played it. Fair nerf, gives less greedy control decks a chance against the greedy grind control.
    you know that I'm more than just a doll do you?-Geno
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Thecrimsonmage and By Shades of Gray by Akrim.elf

and current made by me.