New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Thinking about what rogue archetype to multiclass into.

Old character died to I'm building a new one. He's a Goblin Paladin 9 Rogue 3. My scores are 17 20 16 11 10 19(rolled well). At first I was gonna go Oath of Vengeance and Assassin but I'm wondering if something like Swashbuckler would be better.
    Last edited by ActuallyGod; 2019-04-10 at 04:23 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: Thinking about what rogue archetype to multiclass into.

Goblins can't be paladins. And even a human paladin has a minimum required wisdom score of 13 anyway. A fighter or thief is probably a better bet.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Koo Rehtorb View Post
    Goblins can't be paladins. And even a human paladin has a minimum required wisdom score of 13 anyway. A fighter or thief is probably a better bet.
    What the hell are you talking about, 2nd edition? I'm pretty sure ActuallyGod is talking about 5th edition.

@ActuallyGod, you should move this to the subforum matching the intended edition. You can use the report button in the bottom left to request the mods to move it.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lalliman View Post
    What the hell are you talking about, 2nd edition? I'm pretty sure ActuallyGod is talking about 5th edition.

@ActuallyGod, you should move this to the subforum matching the intended edition. You can use the report button in the bottom left to request the mods to move it.
    He is. Oath of Vengeance is a Paladin subclass, and Swashbuckler is a Rogue subclass.

Agreeing with Lalliman, you'll get more results from moving this over to the 5e section.

As to the question itself, there's a lot of support for a Paladin to work with Swashbuckler, but almost no support for a Paladin to work with Assassin, mostly due to the fact that you cannot be Hidden against targets who can see you (which removes any melee stealth builds that don't rely on you attacking sleeping targets or you being invisible).
    Quote Originally Posted by KOLE View Post
    MOG, design a darn RPG system. Seriously, the amount of ideas I’ve gleaned from your posts has been valuable. You’re a gem of the community here.

5th Edition Homebrewery
    Prestige Options, changing primary attributes to open a world of new multiclassing.
    Adrenaline Surge, fitting Short Rests into combat to fix bosses/Short Rest Classes.
    Pain, using Exhaustion to make tactical martial combatants.
    Fate Sorcery, lucky winner of the 5e D&D Subclass Contest VII!