New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Skyside 6: Return of the Cheddar

Silken Whisper

As Zee appears on the scene and promptly pierces the surviving mutant square through the back of his skull, Larza shrieks once again before stepping back and turning away from the splatter. The goblin blinks a few times to shake the gruesome scene out of her head whilst powering down her powerful taser.

In a somewhat frustrated fashion, she points a clawed finger towards Zee.

"You! You, w-what's wrong with you!"

"How are we gonna find the others now? Dude couldn't even run! Why did you do that??"

Slaver Street - Night

The deafening cacophony of gunfire continues for several seconds after the last guard drops to the ground, turret controls delayed due to lack of a stable connection. This unforeseen design flaw likely results in a handful of unintended casualties as the chain gun slowly cycles towards one of the nearest brick buildings before finally deactivating.

As it winds down, steam and smoke rises slowly from the many revolving chambers of the machine turret, and all goes silent again.

--

Meanwhile, over the horizon of a nearby building, an asteroid falls from the heavens. It rockets through the night sky, a trail of bright flames jetting out behind it. It grows closer, ever closer to the street below. Were someone somehow able to detect the asteroid before its fateful drop, they would have mere seconds to seek out cover.

Then, impact. The sound barrier is broken, and something large crashes into the street.

A crater is formed upon the street, and at its center, the smoking 'asteroid' can be seen. Metal plates clink into place atop lower layers of material, sparks flying as the celestial body rises up, revealing itself as the hulking frame of what appears to be an enormous, futuristic suit of powered armor. Broad mechanical arms ending in bulky fists plated in layers upon layers of thick gray metal rise out from unique carbon-plate pauldrons, which in turn connect to a multi-layered metal chassis.

It is a monolith of metal.

As the figure lumbers forward, every step cracking ground beneath him, a hexagonal-patterened cloak of some strange material is drug behind him, cascading from his shoulders. With one large gauntlet, each metal finger as thick as a lesser being’s wrist, the armored figure retrieves a disconcertingly large double-barreled pistol from his belt, patiently lining up a shot before firing, releasing a cascade of deadly shotgun pellets towards the nearest group of guards.

Spoiler: The Armor
    Show

2. - Top - End - #512
    Orc in the Playground

Street of Slavers- Night

The Noose and Shackle, pub and gladiatorial venue favoured by off-duty guards and slavers, is shot up by a chain-gun! Large glass windows, allegedly bulletproof, are shattered, the door has disintegrated and the walls are pocked with bullet holes. And that's just the damage to the visible external part of the brick building. Inside, it's worse.

There's no living guards present; the nearest group is the dead squad of ten. They carried mancatchers, nets, shotguns, tasers and pistols depending on personal preference, and there's not a sound as the pile of corpses is pulverised further by buckshot. There's another group of five further away, near the ruined gate. Somebody in that group is sobbing quietly, though without the raucous bark of the chaingun it's the only sound.

There are some living guards on their way! They're just starting quite a distance away and travelling cautiously. They don't know what's going on, except that they are apparently under attack by a heavily armed force. They expect MERC, Vigil or a Skyside gang; not a single power-armoured vigilante.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

3. - Top - End - #513
    Ogre in the Playground

Slaver Street - Night

Upon realizing that the distant group of guards likely had not seen him just yet, the vigilante turns away and steps as quietly as he can back towards the group of five near the gate. The others were approaching slowly, cautiously. That was smart of them, but it meant that he'd have more time than he expected with the survivor.

The second that he manages to identify the wailing guard, he'll attempt to grab the individual by the leg and drag them behind a nearby building in order to maintain cover.

--

As the chain-gun atop the armored vehicle begins to fold back within, the vigilante will hold the guard up by his leg.

4. - Top - End - #514
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Tempest Row]

"To set the record straight," Harley says, "the leader before me was a traitor, and I was voted in pretty much unanimously." She's not going to speculate why Zefir's doing what he's doing or his opinion of all shapeshifters. Actually, was she the only leader who was decided by a vote? I'm sure it must have happened in AMEN's early days.

But, most of the older members from when she was there have either deadtimed or left.

She walks back out of the alley, and starts explaining where she was going to look: "I actually don't expect him to be around here right now," she says. "I was just hoping to go to places where he was reported to show up and question the people who live around there or frequent there. See how he fights, what kind of equipment he has available, and so on."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

5. - Top - End - #515

[Silken Whisper]

Minerva is trying to stop using the tactic once she's being shot at for the first time. The man was just lucky that she didn't return fire. Instead, she's going to attempt to disarm the man (though not that literarly) and approach the woman as non-threatening as she can, which isn't easy considering what she looks like and the situation at hand though.
    "I only need to know where the exits on the upper plane are, then I will leave. I'm chasing someone who used them."

6. - Top - End - #516
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Silken Whisper]

It was with surgical precision that Zee had gouged into the hybrid's brain-stem. Enough to incapacitate instantly and kill in a matter of moments, but also enough to keep the higher portions of the brain intact. She holsters her weapons, reaches down to grasp the hybrid by the collar with her left hand, and hauls him up.

She's really strong.

It's actually pretty shocking.

"I thought I explained this already?" Zee says as her right hand begins glowing incandescent, her fingers suddenly resembling draconic claws. "This is a burgeoning apocalypse scenario. These guys are part of a species that eats planets. I don't want my planet eaten. Do you? It's where I keep all my stuff."

Then she shoves her claws through his skull and into his hippocampus. She begins to rifle through short-term memory, ripping the information out and devouring it.

Rather specifically, she's after memories of where the rest of the hybrids are.

See!

She has reasons for doing things!

"This guy needed to die one way or the other. And I'm going to need to make sure none of the women these guys are with are infected, too. Thankfully that's something I can do harmlessly," Zee says. She raises an eyebrow at Larza. "This isn't your first apocalypse is it? I thought you said you were from around here."

Zee sounds skeptical.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

7. - Top - End - #517
    Orc in the Playground

The Street of Slavers- Night

The guards on their approach look very different to the last squads. Most of them aren't wearing a lot of armour; or else wearing an awful lot of armour. There's seven of them; a hulking ogre wearing massive steel plates, carrying a large cannon; a slender half-elf wearing black robes, carrying a carved bone staff and shrouded in far more shadows than she should be; an elderly gentleman wearing rainbow robes and leaning on a gnarled oaken stick; a drow wearing urban camouflage and body armour, carrying a grenade launcher; a young child, pale and barefoot, wearing a denim dress and apparently unarmed; a tiefling wearing modern body armour and carrying a seven-tailed whip and a hobgoblin wearing ragged grey clothing and an ornate jezzail.

The surviving guard screams as he's lifted by his leg; several bullets have gone through it, and it's very painful. "AAAAH! The Guild, I work for the Guild! Uh, my boss is Raodan the Reject, Head of Security! AAH!" He's in a lot of pain.

The hobgoblin's set himself up in a sniping position, waiting for the power-armoured man to show himself. If he breaks cover, there's going to be a very expensive quasi-real bullet headed towards him. It'll pass through any unenchanted physical armour, but hit the flesh underneath.

Silken Whisper

The girl whimpers up at Minerva, before gulping. "Uh-uh, none but the stairs. The ones up and down. Down's... probably the way you came, up's the far end of the corridor. No windows or anything, here. Nothing... nothing out upstairs. Um. Just a roof hatch to a glass house."

Zee reads the mind of a corpse! There's two more. One was going to order some recreational chemicals from one of the gangs, to help fill the shuttle's hold. The other was going to buy a motorbike. He didn't know more than that.

8. - Top - End - #518
    Ogre in the Playground

The Street of Slavers- Night

The vigilante squeezes at the wounded guard's knee, hydraulics hissing as his powered gauntlet constricts. It's hard enough to bruise flesh and threaten a break, but not quite as violent enough to cause serious damage just yet. The threat is self-evident, however.

He growls before squeezing just a little tighter.

Silken Whisper

Larza seems as furious as she is horrified. She gestures aggressively as she inches closer to Zee, raising a clawed hand up to cover her mouth.

"Y-you can't just kill people, lady!"

"That makes us no better than them, what the hell is wrong with you?!"

9. - Top - End - #519

[Silken Whisper]

Zee makes a lip-smacking noise and looks thoughtful.

Technically killing or devouring mortals helps fill up her reliquary like it does for smaller empyreans, but she's just so ridiculously huge that getting a worth-while bump would require consuming cities rather than individuals. Sort of like what happened to Wrattleham. They turned out... umm... moooostly okay? But no. Firm no. Bad idea. Eating Skyside is a bad idea. Sure that would take care of the other hybrids (and lots of other problems!) but no, she can't let herself think like that. Not only would that cause problems for all the people living here, it would also break her deal with the Watchers. Yezekiel would like to avoid getting smote.

But!

Back to mister dangly guy!

She gives Larza a puzzled look. "Yeah I can. I just did."

The human-shaped arcane abomination waggles the corpse for the goblin just in case she missed it.

"See? Dead. Do you mean I ought not kill him? Because Minerva would probably say that I ought to. I can't please both of you."

She pulls her claws out of hybrid's skull and gives her hand a shake, the limb looking completely and unremarkably human again.

"This is why I asked you about head eating monsters. This quest is going to get nasty. People are definitely going to die," she tosses the corpse down on the ground for emphasis. "Preferably the people who are psychic beacons for attracting the attention of galaxy-spanning hive-fleets that strip planets down until they make asteroid belts look inhabitable by contrast. So what's it going to be, Larza? A couple genestealer hybrids die or the whole planet does? How does this go down? Thank about that a bit. I've got other people to save."

Then she heads back toward the hole blasted in the wall, crouches down, and jumps. There's an ever so faint ghost wings on her back, giving a beat for extra height. She catches the lip of the hole and hauls herself in.

Is the slave still cowering behind the bed? If she is, Zee gives a comforting smile.

"Hey, are you okay? Did he hurt you?"

10. - Top - End - #520
    Orc in the Playground

Street of Slavers- Night

The guard screams as his leg's squeezed. "He's ugly, hideous! His mum's a witch or something, he's only half human. He got some magic, he's stronger'n he looks! He's boss of security, in charge of all the guards and security measures taken on the Street, uh. Sometimes he goes on an expedition, leading the guards, to catch more. Please, please don't kill me." He sobs. Doesn't give a better description, but... Raodan's simply the ugliest person in the street.

The mismatched guard group are getting closer, as well. Especially the ogre, which is running towards the car. The ogre will try, if he gets close enough without the car shooting him, to hook his fingers under one side and flip the vehicle onto its roof.

11. - Top - End - #521

Silken Whisper

A glass house? It was worth checking out. But at the same time the guy could just be hiding somewhere here waitng for a chance to slip out.
    The fact that Zee had just disappeared frusterated her, but so had the grot, right? So perhaps they had managed to follow the last cult member? She could get up the hatch either way as her power armor hadn't been built for that sort of climbing. Instead, she will get downstairs and look out the windows in the direction of the most likely escape route from the roof of the building. If he was still hiding he would probably be forced to come down either way where she would be waiting

12. - Top - End - #522
    Orc in the Playground

Silken Whisper

Well, I had mentioned that one of the doors had been hacked open by Zee, so Minerva could find that...

Or upstairs! The top floor has much bigger rooms, with nicer beds and piles of cushions. There's a bouncer on this floor; a tall and muscular woman wearing unusual armour made from what appears to be transparent plastic, with swirly white, pink and red translucent patches over her groin and upper chest. She's carrying a large triple-barrelled blunderbuss-like weapon. "The hell's goin' on down there? Sounds bigger'n the usual brawls and bar fights we get."

The girl is, in fact, still cowering! She tries shuffling along the floor away from Zee. Hopefully, if this is where Minerva went, she doesn't just shoot the girl. Would solve the issue of her potential contamination...

13. - Top - End - #523
    Ogre in the Playground

Silken Whisper

Larza's response is short, disgust clear on her face.

"There's always another way."

Street of Slavers- Night

Once it becomes apparent that the guard had nothing new to offer, the vigilante swings the guard back and then up against the brick wall with enough force to leave an indentation and more than likely kill him. If by some unfortunate stroke of luck the guard survives, a prompt kick to the head ought finish the job.

Now to the assailants.

--

The vigilante types something into his computer-gauntlet before accessing the live feed produced by the numerous cameras mounted upon his vehicle. Switching to heat-vision, the cameras will attempt to identify the locations of all attackers within the vehicles field of vision.

Flipping the vehicle proves to be an arduous task, as the thing is more of a war machine than a traditional car. The first attempt rocks the vehicle and causes it to budge slightly.

14. - Top - End - #524
    Orc in the Playground

Street of Slavers- Night

The guard dies messily.

Closest to where the vigilante stands is the ogre battering the car. He's still trying to flip the car, reaching down to get his fingers into the wheel arch and under the chassis and try again. Next closest is the drow in urban camouflage, who is loading their single-shot grenade launcher and flipping up a ladder sight. The half-elf is third closest, though doesn't show up easily, since the shadows she's shrouded in block some of her heat. The tiefling is very hot, and despite being armed with melee weaponry she's hanging back for now. The old guy is also quite far back, though closer than the hobgoblin, who is lurking in a sniping position. That just leaves the child, who doesn't have any body heat and doesn't show up on mundane cameras.

They're all waiting for the vigilante to step out of cover, though the child is trying to get as close as she can.

15. - Top - End - #525

[Silken Whisper]

Zee kneels down and scoots a little closer.

"Hey, hey, everything is alright, okay?" she says, holding up her hands so the slave can see she's unarmed. "I want to make sure he didn't hurt you, okay? The man who was in here was very dangerous."

She's trying to be as comforting as she can manage, here.

Not a threat.

Not a threat.

Everything is going to be fine.

She focuses her attention a bit. Sometimes unfortunate women like these are prevented from getting pregnant. Chemically. Surgically. Zee is looking for any evidence that she's in danger of carrying a gene-stealer to term.

Hopefully not.

16. - Top - End - #526

Silken Whisper

"Cultist are trying to infect the employees and customers of this establishment with a deadly disease. I and a few others are trying to stop them." Minerva will claim, having gone on enough missionary missions to know how to adopt her language so she could be understood by these foul heathens that didn't understand her position. "All those found dead here belonged to the cult or their victims."

17. - Top - End - #527
    Orc in the Playground

Silken Whisper

Zee finds the woman has been sterilised with chemicals in her food. That has not, however, prevented the cultists from managing to succeed in their nefarious plot. There is a genestealer growing inside her, growing rather rapidly. Surgery might have succeeded, but would have probably left a scar. And would prevent her from being sold on when she's no longer as profitable, potentially as a breeder.

"All the men are dangerous. At least... At least he was gentle, until he changed. Then he yelped like a kicked dog and grabbed his weapons." She's a pale girl, with large green eyes and soft brown hair. Her face is somewhat similar to the gunslinger's downstairs, though she's nearly a decade younger. And hasn't dyed her hair.

"Well, there ain't no cultists up here. We got nobles, captains and pilots. No cultists. Oh, and girls. You wanna look 'round, see fer yourself?" The bouncer doesn't think she can stop Minerva, given the Sororita's power armour, but she's got to try. If she doesn't, she'd lose her job and probably worse.

The gunslinger heads outside, and strolls over to Larza and the corpse. She bends down and takes a large-bore pistol shotgun from the corpse, unbuckling the gun belt to take the holster as well. She'll also offer Larza a cigarillo. "You not done this kinda thing before, eh? Lemme tell you, all the men here are scum. Girls who say no get sold. And not to a better brothel, neither." Her voice is softer than her eyes.

18. - Top - End - #528

[Silken Whisper]

"Fluff," Zee swears. "Okay, not to make you panic or anything but that guy was super bad news and infected you with a really dangerous contagion."

Really dangerous contagions are the worst of contagions.

"I can cure you, though. Easily, quickly, and painlessly. You'll be totally fine. Is that okay?"

Technically Zee doesn't need permission.

But she's trying to build a bit of trust here. Mostly so the slave girl can help convince the other slave girls to allow Zee to examine them.

Those jerks probably infected as many of the girls here as they could.

And that's just terrible.

She doesn't want an Alien situation on her hands after all.

19. - Top - End - #529
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    "To set the record straight," Harley says, "the leader before me was a traitor, and I was voted in pretty much unanimously." She's not going to speculate why Zefir's doing what he's doing or his opinion of all shapeshifters. Actually, was she the only leader who was decided by a vote? I'm sure it must have happened in AMEN's early days.

But, most of the older members from when she was there have either deadtimed or left.

She walks back out of the alley, and starts explaining where she was going to look: "I actually don't expect him to be around here right now," she says. "I was just hoping to go to places where he was reported to show up and question the people who live around there or frequent there. See how he fights, what kind of equipment he has available, and so on."
    [Tempest Row]

Shuyoru nods as he takes in this information. Traitorous AMEN leaders? Leadership by vote? Very interesting indeed, could be useful in some way, though he has no intention of taking over.

Following her out of the alley, he listens to her and comes up with a search location. "Oo, recon is fun. I suggest we start looking in a tavern... or a black market... or both. We're in Skyside, most if not all bars can be considered black markets as well. Someone is bound to have seen something. Let's go... mummy." He smirks at the last word.
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

20. - Top - End - #530

[Tempest Row]

Technically since nothing's actually illegal, nowhere can be considered a black market; it's all just unregulated and unverified instead. But, some of the buyers just like the aesthetics of buying things at a 'black market' which is why people still consider them that way. There's not really a good word for what they have here in Skyside, anyway.

"Yeah, a tavern sounds like it would be the best place to start." Drunk people are a whole lot easier to convince to talk than people who are selling dangerous goods, anyway.

At the sound of the word 'mummy', she sighs and holds out her hand to grab Shuyoru's hand. Right, because what kind of mother would let her kid let go of her hand in this part of Skyside? That's just asking for slavers to come by and take away their child for neglect. "Just so you know, I've never had a kid survive to adulthood," she says, to get back for the emphasis on mummy.

She leads him to a nearby bar called The Smooth Stew Bar.

It's...pretty normal. A couple tables here and there, five or six patrons who are doing their best to not stand out, and three or four drunk ones who are doing their best to stand out. A bunch of bottles in the back, behind the bartender.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

21. - Top - End - #531
    Orc in the Playground

Groundtown

There's a crack in the side of a crude, concrete barracks building here. It's big; wide enough to squeeze through. It's also deep enough it should go through the wall... But it doesn't. It appears to go somewhere else. Five locals are examining the crack and discussing what to do. They're a local gang enforcer, a pale-skinned human with a shaven head wearing a leather jacket with metal studs and a pair of jeans, carrying a blunderbuss and a battered automatic pistol. A stall-holder selling reasonably fresh vegetables, a dark-skinned halfling with long dreadlocks and big yellow eyes, wearing battered dungarees. A resident of the barracks, an unskilled half-orc labourer wearing an oil and grime-stained red boiler suit, with a large pipe wrench slung on his shoulder. A Khajiit trader with tabby fur, wearing blue linen robes cut to her figure and with a slightly curved sword at her waist. And finally, a half-elven adventurer with dark green skin wearing armour made from wood and carrying an arbalest and a sword that also seems to be made of wood.

The resident is worried about leaving it and wants the enforcer to guard it. The stall holder has a large sheet of boilerplate and wants to sell it to the resident to block it. The enforcer is more concerned with getting protection money from the resident than the rift, and won't get that money if he buys the steel sheet. The adventurer wants to explore it, but would like compensation for her family in case she doesn't get out. The khajiit is a little bit lost, and joined the conversation to ask for directions.

22. - Top - End - #532
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    Technically since nothing's actually illegal, nowhere can be considered a black market; it's all just unregulated and unverified instead. But, some of the buyers just like the aesthetics of buying things at a 'black market' which is why people still consider them that way. There's not really a good word for what they have here in Skyside, anyway.

"Yeah, a tavern sounds like it would be the best place to start." Drunk people are a whole lot easier to convince to talk than people who are selling dangerous goods, anyway.

At the sound of the word 'mummy', she sighs and holds out her hand to grab Shuyoru's hand. Right, because what kind of mother would let her kid let go of her hand in this part of Skyside? That's just asking for slavers to come by and take away their child for neglect. "Just so you know, I've never had a kid survive to adulthood," she says, to get back for the emphasis on mummy.

She leads him to a nearby bar called The Smooth Stew Bar.

It's...pretty normal. A couple tables here and there, five or six patrons who are doing their best to not stand out, and three or four drunk ones who are doing their best to stand out. A bunch of bottles in the back, behind the bartender.
    [Tempest Row]

Shuyoru takes her hand in his, and looks up at her with the best puppy-dog eyes he can muster without looking too unnatural. Making this form's voice sound cuter than usual, he responds at her jab with "Don't worry, mummy, I pwomise I'll be your first." He finds this amusing, and quickly snaps out of it, bursting into laughter. "First time for everything, Harl."

"The Smooth Stew Bar! Time to get into character." He notes the name of the inn, then straightens up and begins acting more like a child and less like a trickster, looking around and staying close to Harley while letting her take the lead.
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

23. - Top - End - #533

[Smooth Stew Bar]

Harley rolls her eyes. "Can you even grow up?" she asks, referencing how young he still looks even though he's supposedly pretty old.

They enter the Smooth Stew Bar.

Obviously, talking with drunk people won't help, and shady people won't really help much either, so the bartender is the best shot, she figures.

Harley, holding tightly on Shuyoru's hand, walks up to the counter. "Hey," she says. "Whatever you recommend, for me, and some juice for the kid," she orders.
    She moves to help Shuyoru up onto a stool at the counter.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

24. - Top - End - #534
    Troll in the Playground

Groundtown

Someone approaches the group arguing over the crack. He's an orange-crested lizardman, with an axe and shield strapped across his back. He doesn't look like someone you should trifle with. He stops just short of the building. "What you argue about? I help." That's not a question. He intends to help regardless of what they want.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

25. - Top - End - #535
    Orc in the Playground

Groundtown

"Dis crack. Me daughter's bedroom is on de udder side. I wannit gone. Or guarded. Dis guard 'ere, 'e no wanna 'elp. De 'alfling wanna sell me summat t' block de crack. De 'alf elf wants t' explore it, but wants t' be paid fer it. An' de kitty... I 'unno. What do ye want, kitty?" The orc's accent is thick and rather garbled by his tusks, but provides enough of an explanation for the halfling and the guard, though the guard does have something to add.
    "I'm not here for that, Thragguk. I'm here for the rent. Just pay up, or it'll mean trouble with my boss. I don't want that, you don't want that, your daughter don't want that." He sighs.

The khajiit turns to the arriving... Argonian? Maybe. She's not seen many since her arrival in the Nexus, but even so. "This one is lost. Do you know the way to the shuttles to the flying city?"

26. - Top - End - #536
    Troll in the Playground

Groundtown

"My apology. I know not." The lizardman says to the... Cat... Person? There isn't a good analog where he comes from. He turns to the other group. "I could go inside. Find out if dangerous," he offers.

My Nexus characters

27. - Top - End - #537
    Orc in the Playground

Groundtown Crack

"I believe you will find I got here first, Master Lizard. The exploration rights of that fissure in reality therefore belong to me." The half-elvish warrior in wooden armour has a cultured accent, a far cry from that of most residents and denizens of Groundtown's slums. "Myself and the fine gentleman here were simply discussing the matter of compensation for my family, should I not return."
    The 'fine gentleman' shakes his head. "I can't afford yer comper's station, not an' eat, mister 'alf-elf. If'n yer go in, I'd be right grateful, but I don' 'ave much to spare." The half-elf frowns at the orc's words.

28. - Top - End - #538
    Troll in the Playground

Groundtown Crack

The lizardman grunts at the half-elf. "He not pay you. I not need money. If you will help, come with. I keep you safe." He taps his shield, which is well polished with a lightning bolt emblem on its surface.

My Nexus characters

29. - Top - End - #539

[Cloudtop Penthouse]

A woman heads into the building and gets into the elevator. When asked by the entrance if she needs anything, she smirks, shakes her head, and says, "No, I'm taking care of it."

The woman has a tight dress almost mermaid-style that leaves her shoulders completely exposed, and has black long sleeves that are still attached to the dress even though they don't cover her shoulders. For the cold outside, she's got a light jacket as well: but, it's only worn on one of her shoulders. Her hair's cut short in a bob. And heels. She's got those.

She waits in the elevator, tapping her foot, as she goes up to the penthouse.

Finally, she reaches the top, and enters. Her voice has a slightly mocking tone. "I thought winter was supposed to be wrapping up, but have you seen outside?"
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2020-03-02 at 09:06 PM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

30. - Top - End - #540
    Ogre in the Playground

[Cloudtop Penthouse]

This opulent penthouse is built upon the top of an imposing tower structure which rises up to scrape the sky as the arms of a titan would. The multi-layered penthouse itself stretches out in all directions, its polished marble flooring sparkling due to illumination provided by overhead lighting as well as by a number of designer lamps. Throughout the first floor, laminate pillars rise up to support a vaulted ceiling whose walls are lined with tile cameos which have been carved to resemble mythological figures. Huge floor-to-ceiling windows serve as walls linked together via dull brown beams, each window overlooking the smog-choked urban sprawl below.

Bright white light bathes the entire penthouse in luminescence, and a number of granite counter-tops support numerous gilded candlestops containing wax which never melts, but burns eternal. Extravagant furniture lines the walls of the penthouse, and beautiful paintings depicting pleasant landscapes hang from the walls.

Within a slightly lowered area of the penthouse, a small office has been constructed whose window-walls offer an unparalleled view of Skyside. Bookshelves contain all manner of lavish, leather-backed books as well as troves of exotic curios and knick-knacks.

An enormous black table dominates the office, as does a tall-backed revolving chair which currently faces away from the desk.

--

As the woman enters the penthouse, she'll receive an excellent view of the office below and to the southeast. Though obscured by the chair, she'll be able to sense an increasingly unfamiliar presence.

One which appears to, currently, be on the phone.

"No, it's you who doesn't understand, foreman. You think I want to be having this conversation?"

"You made a promise, the very same you signed your name on. I thought I'd sorted the cranks from the real McCoys. But now? I'm not so sure."
    The individual on the other line appears to respond just as the woman near the elevator does, prompting a long sigh from the man in the chair.

--

His voice is low and full, rumbling as the earth itself. "I'll need to call you back. Take advantage of this opportunity, your ass is on the line." A button is tapped, and the line goes dead.

A cell phone is placed upon the desk by large hands.

Spoiler: Penthouse
    Show
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2020-03-02 at 12:13 AM.