New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Skyside 6: Return of the Cheddar

[Olympian Extractions - Investigation]

"Yes, we were unfortunately held up by the crowds out in the city," Calm Reed says, seguing into the role smoothly. "We will need to carry out our inspection promptly."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #782
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Meowmai View Post
    Meowstaken IdentiFies
    "Okay... okay okay okay! Her emerald eyes flicked back and forth between the knife and the face of the now just slightly less threatening woman in front of her. "Look, Mara, I didn't mean you any harm, I'm sorry, I'll tell you anything else you want, just please don't beat me up!"
    Meowstaken IdentiFies

The scarred woman blinks, the pressure loosening on Elizabeth's collar. "I think you have the wrong person, that's not my name," she states, lowering her blade but continuing to regard the woman suspiciously. Her scars can't be that ubiquitous, can they?
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

3. - Top - End - #783
    Ogre in the Playground

One of the four gunmen, a large man clad in a strange uniform, glares suspiciously towards the pair as they draw closer. Like the others, he wears a heavy military jacket. A cigarette is puckered in between his thick, scarred lips. He continues to stare forward, hardly blinking, as they speak with the woman within the metal booth.

The other guards continue conversing quietly with one another. They're quite vulgar.

--

The woman within the booth pays them little attention, instead focusing on Reed and Carlie. She looks them up and down once or twice before frowning. "Oh, my sincerest apologies." A brow is raised. "You ain't look the part, all togged to the bricks - is all." The booth attendant, also smoking, jabs forward with her cigarette, noting the pair's unusual choice of clothing given the area.

"One moment." She smacks her lips before opening a notebook. It's filled with numbers. "Hm, I don't have an inspection down for today, ma'am."

"Might be the books ain't split, though. Let me make a call, put things right like eggs in coffee, yeah?"

"Who did you say you're representing, miss?"

Spoiler: Clues:
    Show
    A particularly perceptive individual may notice the following:

1.) The security guards appear to be wearing sets of futuristic body armor beneath their dated military jackets.
    2.) Their rifles, while meant to resemble weapons of an older era, appear quite modern in functionality. Fully automatic, even.
    3.) The security guards appear to be in far better health than the rest of the people within the Company Town.
    4.) The largest of the guards, the suspicious man, has a set of numbers tattooed into his neck. It's a military tag.

[The Silken Whisper ==> Drug Bust]

Although Larza recognized the name, she knew little more than that. As such, she'll simply follow the gunslinger.

"What'd you say your name was?"
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2020-07-07 at 11:01 PM.

4. - Top - End - #784
    Ghost in the Playground

[Meowstaken IdentiFies]

There was an awkward pause while Elizabeth took in what her target said. "Wait, you're... you're not Mara?" The catgirl's eyes furrowed in confusion. Was she just trying to trick her? But now that she was looking closer, some details didn't quite seem to add up. Mara had scars, sure, but this many? And something about her face didn't quite match all the images she had dug up of Mara in her investigation.

5. - Top - End - #785

Drug Bust

Looked like she wouldn't have to do much leading or initiative-taking at the very least. Zee was doing plenty of that on her own with whatever heretical technology she was using. Thus, the sister of battle would follow for now until violence or threats were needed once more. She suspected it wouldn't be too long considering who they were after.

She made sure the magazine of her bolt gun was full and checked her armor for any serious damage. It was a sacred artifact and thus had to be treated well unlike the way the people of these town treated their possessions. She had figured that slavers would at least take care of their property better but apparently even that was too much to ask for scum like them.

Once this was done she would have to start making plans to tear it all down and establish some form of imperium presence. Humanity was clearly suffering without it.

Slave Street Security Office

"Of course." Jaahlyn makes another bow and then heads inside as directed.

"Indeed, but I will not the one proposing it. I'm simply here to act as a courier. If I'm allowed, I will establish a connection to my client. It will only take a few moments." She holds up the bag she was carrying and gestures at it.
    If there are no protests she will slowly open it up and start make a circle of it in the middle of the chamber. Once done, she will back away with a cowed head and speak a single word. "Helios."

Within the circle what first glance seems to be black smoke but perhaps better could be described as liquid darkness starts appearing. Within it two triangle shaped dots appear, glowing aggressively red within the blackness of the circle. Soon afterwards what could best be described as a jagged line, also glowing in red, materializes underneath the dots. It doesn't take much imagination to see it as a mouth formed into a wicked smile to the "eyes" above it.

Then it speaks. Or rather, a voice can be heard and the "mouth" starts moving to it. "Greetings, salutations and all that. I am Helios, information broker and, if you prefer, 'god' of a number of things. Don't let the titles fool you however as I'm as much as Jaahlyn is a messenger. What is my message? Well, I believe someone mentioned an alliance and when you hear that word the first people you're thinking about are probably not the people you sent her to deal with. The ones that are practicing mind control on their own population. But it's not like you are ideologically opposed considering what you gave her as payment, am I right?" The smile of the mouth grows wider for a moment. "Full disclosure, I have spoken to their leader and he claimed to be interested in making an very profitable alliance with you. How does that sound for a start? Now, you're going to have to excuse me for speaking so much, it's a personal failing of mine."

6. - Top - End - #786
    Barbarian in the Playground

Olympian Extractions - Foreman's Office

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Meggie View Post
    "Gonna be a siege. They gonna scream, an' fight, an' bleed, and it ain't worth nothing."

"And you're gonna make it so. And when you do? We gonna get you a suit you ain't gotta magic up."
    "You know I'm going to cost a lot more than a nice suit, right? Skyside's a big city in a world that doesn't have a whole lot of big cities, and if my name gets attached to a thing like this and it's not done right? Things are going to-here, lemme borrow your cigar cutter for a moment," he insists, even if the cigar she's offering him has already been cut. She's got to have one around here, right? Someone who puffs as much as her and menaces all those little factory workers? She's bound to have a tiny little guillotine for cutting her smokes sitting in her desk drawer or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

7. - Top - End - #787

"..." Carlie stares blankly at the booth woman for a moment, as if she just said something a little dumb.
    "We're independent contractors," she says. "Represent ourselves. Didn't work this hard to just be under some other guy."

Then, helpfully - as if it might jog the booth woman's memory, she adds, "Y'know. To help make sure everything's running smoothly and efficiently." There's probably some level of innuendo in her voice. Not the sexual kind - eew, gross - but as if it means something else that would be better if left unsaid.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

8. - Top - End - #788
    Orc in the Playground

Slave Street Security Office- Meeting of the Guildmasters

"I never- gaaasp- agreed with the mind-control collars. More- wheeze- reliable breaking them the old-fashioned way." The speaker is the obese figure on life support, a man by the sound of his voice.
    The short person in the office speaks next, a woman. "They're for the grunts, the ones sold to the mines and the farms and the factories. Especially those last, they could escape or rebel far too easily if not kept in line. Cruelty isn't enough with those numbers." Although the one Jaahlyn specifically took was for an unusual slave, one kept as an exotic pet and status symbol.
    "Who, exactly, are you here to represent? And are they currently in conflict with Vigil, Inside or GLoG? They have not paid us much attention recently, and I, personally, would prefer it to stay that way." Green's voice purrs, catlike and soft. Though the Guild has formed a relationship with CAVE, which will likely attract such attention in the future.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

9. - Top - End - #789
    Titan in the Playground

"Yes, getting any company or bureau to perform such an inspection would take ages," Calm Reed chimes in quickly. "And generate mountains of red tape and bribes. We are here because we are flexible and get the job done quickly."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

10. - Top - End - #790
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    [Manor Lab]

Anri looks like she would grin if she could.
    "So far, I've only done that to someone once. They tried to mug me, and used one of their wishes to drug me. I'm sure she's very happy with what I gave her regardless." She shakes her head.
    "And that's the reason I'm a vending machine. Regardless, I can change people, things. I can't rewrite whole cities or anything, but I can grant wishes. Just not like this. This...chassis is currently using all my powers to make me into an infinite supply of booze." She would very much like to get out of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Manor Lab]

"There's a whole hierarchy of djinn which I never delved too closely into. But they all have different capabilities and motives which is the reason many think of them as 'monkey paws'. Among those djinn who can grant wishes some aren't even able to decide just how the wish is granted while others intentionally tries to mess things up for their patrons. So it's less about the wish itself and more about identifying the djinn granting it." Telly explains with a look at Nora. "But Anri would be one of the good ones I hope."
    Manor Lab

Norael frowns somehow despite her lack of mouth, but even so she considers what she's been told. "Can't I just, like, say "I wish for you not to be producing booze." and have you stop wasting all your magic on it? Because to make the soul jar I need, I'm going to need some pretty nifty and expensive magic materials. If you can magic those up, then it'd make it all the easier on everyone involved." She points out before giving a glance at Telly. "I'd certainly hope she's one of the good ones at least. If you were doing this for one of the more chaotic ones, then I'd be forced to call you crazy for at least not getting up front payment of some sort."

She shuffles over to her desk, making sure her rabbit slippers don't fall off as she goes to rummage through her drawers for an address book to sift through. "If you can wish it up though Anri, good. If not, eh, I'll find what I need elsewhere, but first I'll have to call the guy I know to get the mea-living stuff."

11. - Top - End - #791
    Ogre in the Playground

The woman behind the booth takes a drag at her cigarette before wiping a bit of coal-grime off of her uniform. "Huh - you don't say?" She presses her spectacles back up the bridge of her nose and mutters something under her breath. They really just let folk dress any which way nowadays, did they? "As I'm sure you're aware, inspections are by appointment only. Am I to believe there's been some sort of scheduling error?"

She taps her nails against her notebook. They're yellow, contrasting the dull colors all around her.

--

Although the conversation appeared to be going relatively well, the group of guards at the front gate have started lumbering on closer.

Their leader can be overheard calling back to the others.

"Think the bald one's a chick, or?" The others are chuckling.

[Olympian Extractions - Foreman's Office]

The burly woman behind the desk offers a sideways smile towards the cyborg before reaching into her desk and retrieving a small, bronze device. "Yeah. Sure do, tough guy." She sets it down upon her desk before pushing it forward. It shines in the light, an exquisite half-disc whose blades are lined with greek letters. "I know where you're going with this, honey." She leans back in her chair, licking her bloated lips as she does so.

"Go on and finish, though. Take it as a gesture of good will, yeah?"

12. - Top - End - #792

Carlie gestures at her pregnant belly: "Are you suggesting I leave and come back later just because someone else messed up with scheduling?" she asks, treating this like a hypothetical question. Of course the woman isn't. A pregnant woman came out this far in this cold to this dangerous part of town, and because of a scheduling error got turned away? No, of course they won't turn her away. That's ridiculous.

She adds, empathizing with the woman, "I'm sure both of us want to get this over with as fast as possible."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

13. - Top - End - #793
    Titan in the Playground

"Our schedule is rather tight, regardless of any errors elsewhere," Calm Reed states firmly, crossing her arms on her chest. She doesn't quite glare at the guards' leader, but she gives him a look one gives to something disgusting, yet unworthy of consideration. The intensity of contempt packed into this simple glance is considerable and might be unnerving.

14. - Top - End - #794
    Orc in the Playground

Drug Bust

"Don't think I did. But... I'm Mary Bonny, that's my half-sister Anne Read." She points to the ex-slave with the resemblance to her, carrying the autorevolver. "Who're you people and why're we looking for these guys?" She and the other girls are mostly just tagging along for safety in numbers- although Mary actually joined because she saw an opportunity to free her sister.

They have some time as they walk to plan or talk, might get there next post or one after.

There's several bike shops in Skyside, though none are particularly close to where they are now. Three are about equidistant; one's in an area of known hyperviolent gangs, with a warning to be safe. One is just outside the territory of the Followers of Joy. And the third is in a run-down area of scrapheaps and recycle yards, with poor reviews on vehicle quality.

15. - Top - End - #795

[Drug Bust]

"Hmm... One's pretty close to the dealer-gang's territory... May as well check that one while we're there," Zee hums. "If our pal isn't there then we can check the other two later."

But then, what's this?

Questions!

"Huh? Oh. They're part of a horrible alien hive-mind that eats planets," she replies matter-of-factly. "They set up cults worldside that act as a big psychic beacon for their buddies. Like a big neon 'Eat Here!' sign. The girls here-"

Zee gestures at the freed slaves.

"-had been infected. If I hadn't cleansed them they would have been shackled by the psychic gestalt."

Oh.

Well.

That's not great.

How is it that Zee somehow remains chipper through all this? Is she crazy or something?
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

16. - Top - End - #796

[Drug Bust]

All psykers were more or less crazy. But as long as they were useful there was no need to kill them for it.
    "They aren't as much of a threat as she makes them out to be right now. We caught them just at the right time so as long as we act quickly enough we will be able to cleanse these foul xenos from the face of this planet before they can do any real damage." The fact they had yet to kill a single person (the mutants didn't count obviously) was largely thanks to Zee though. Minerva's more emperium ways of dealing with things had to be be put aside for now.

Slave Street Security Office- Meeting of the Guildmasters

The eyes and the smile seems to nod as to acknowledge the guild master that spoke first. "That is fair guildmaster. Few are as knowledgeable of the distinction between mind control and slavery as you seems to be. Nonetheless, there is more to who I represent than just mind control and perhaps you could at least consider working with one that uses it? It sounds like already have plenty of experience." Helios now turns and nods to the second guild master to speak.

Then he third guildmaster is the subject to this 'gods' attention. "His name is Arkant and he is what you'd call a scientist. There's plenty of his sort in Skyside I'm sure you are aware. No doubt have you sold your goods to people just like him. Eager to get some test subjects for their latest experiment. But unlike most of them Arkant is quite successful in his endeavors and have made more use of his intelligence than just mind controlling people. Super-soldiers able to shrug off damage and lift cars, I'm sure you know the sort. The organization's you name are all filled with them, yes? Yet despite the power he possesses he's gone almost completely unnoticed by the world outside of skyside." He pauses a few moments once he's addressed all of them, letting them take in what has been said.

"I'm really just suggesting that you contact him, while under some sort of mental protection to reassure mutual trust, and figure out how you can at least co-exist in peace. Surely that is preferable to engage in this conflict which is likely to only be more and more taxing as time goes on as each side no doubt will escalate. I could even act as a proxy between you if you don't wish to interact with someone able to control minds directly."

17. - Top - End - #797
    Ogre in the Playground

Manor Lab

Anri shakes her head.
    ”No. The entire point of the curse is that I can only do what this golem body is designed to do. I don’t get to do person things like use my powers the way they’re supposed to work.” She grumbles.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

18. - Top - End - #798
    Orc in the Playground

Slave Street- Meeting the Guildmasters

"If he came to us, like you have, he could deal with the Guild as a whole and not some appointed lackey. And we are, as you see, not physically present. I doubt he can control us if he's not in the same room, or unable to see us directly. Besides, I for one have some defences against mind control." The feline slaver purrs, leaning back languidly.
    "Oh, so we could send you to him, with the authority of all of us. But no, you're a rubbish actress. You'd never play the subordinate to the Guildmasters properly. I can't go, who'd look after the children? And I can't represent the Guild. It would blow the cover." What little cover there is, for the shortest Guildmaster.
    "Peace is good. Him buying from us is better. Will he buy from us?" The first time the blue-clad figure has spoken, and she sounds almost bored. "Do scientists buy from us a lot? I don't believe that ilk visit my domain. Not often, at least."
    "They come- gaaasp- to my family often. Cheap, they're after. No wonder you- wheeze- don't see them." After speaking, the obese man breaks into a coughing fit.

19. - Top - End - #799
    Ogre in the Playground

The booth attendant frowns and glances down solemnly at her papers as the guards step ever closer. She's afraid of them, but why? Aren't they all working for the same people? "Erm, no miss, no. My apologies - I simply meant to brief you on the situation at hand." The woman glances towards Carlie with a sad look in her eye. She'd been pregnant once, too. She knew how hard it was out here. This town, this crumbling sprawl, was no place to raise a child. "I'll need a moment or so to make a few calls, the foreman will be informed - an escort will be provided." There's a grave expression upon her weathered face.

"The factory grounds are no place for..." A sigh. No, too forward. "Well, nevermind."

--

As the woman reaches for the antique telephone built into her booth, the guards approach within ten feet. The leader, a tall and aggressive looking man with a large mustache and dark eyes, merely grins in response to Reed's glare. It's an unsettling expression, the kind a predator would flash to cornered prey. Reed's contempt for him, it was a challenge. "Lorence, why don't you find out, huh?"

He pushes one of his squadmates forward, a man of slightly smaller build.

"El's a nice guy, he feels bad for ya, considering you ain't got no hair."

"Why don't you let 'im treat you right, huh?"

The small man grins, and the others chuckle.

Spoiler: Guard Leader/Uniform
    Show
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2020-07-14 at 12:27 AM.

20. - Top - End - #800

Carlie is glad that she's managed to build rapport with the desk-lady, and is doubly glad that Lorence and the other guys are basically ignoring Carlie. "Thanks," she tells the lady, looking grateful.

Calm Reed can handle herself, she figures. And hopefully do it in a way that won't cause trouble. Or?
    Maybe?
    Actually, maybe causing trouble would work in their favor, interrupting the phone call and forcing the woman to get through the phone call quickly, be unable to hear, etc.
    Carlie isn't entirely sure whether causing trouble would work better or not, but kind-of hopes that causing trouble will work out in their favor.

The bunnygirl looks over at the guy. "Be careful," she warns, "she's tougher than she looks."
    And turns back to the lady, to see how much of the phone call she can overhear.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

21. - Top - End - #801
    Titan in the Playground

Calm Reed's expression changes in a flash. Where it was full of contempt before, it now has a pleasant smile... a slightly strained one, like an expression used when speaking to children and simpletons. After all, those buffoons can't help being primitive thugs who don't know who they're dealing with, can they?

"It is a kind offer, but I see no one here who could 'treat me right', even if I wanted it." Her polite tone is thin as ice, with a sharp edge of dismissal to it. "It will be best if you return to your posts and let me and my colleague carry on with our work."

22. - Top - End - #802

Quote Originally Posted by Meowmai View Post
    [Meowstaken IdentiFies]

There was an awkward pause while Elizabeth took in what her target said. "Wait, you're... you're not Mara?" The catgirl's eyes furrowed in confusion. Was she just trying to trick her? But now that she was looking closer, some details didn't quite seem to add up. Mara had scars, sure, but this many? And something about her face didn't quite match all the images she had dug up of Mara in her investigation.
    Meowstaken IdentiFies

"No, my name's Fidelia," the woman responds, still regarding the woman a tad warily. She's cautious enough not to sheathe the blade in her hand - although she certainly isn't wielding it threateningly any more. "You should be more careful. The streets here are not safe to be unarmed on - and someone you try to follow might be carrying something."
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

23. - Top - End - #803
    Ogre in the Playground

The booth attendant continues to focus on her phone call, deliberately ignoring the events unfolding several feet away. "Ha, I think that's a challenge, boys. The leader scoffs and licks his lips, blistered from the cold. The other men chortle and hiss in response to Reed's icy tone. The smaller one responds now, his voice somehow huskier than the leader. "I dunno, Dahmin. Seems like she wants it." A laugh. His teeth are yellow. "Seems to me she just likes playing hard to get." The leader nods. "Not a cute look, when you look like her, yeah?" The smaller man nods. "Naw, yeah. Agreed." The group continues to approach, now within five feet of the two.

That's when Carlie speaks.

In response, the leader simply spits at her. "No one ****ing asked you, primitive."
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2020-07-16 at 11:36 PM.

24. - Top - End - #804

Oh.
    She gets it.

She turns back to the lady, leaving the spit there for now. She can wipe it off later.
    This is reminding her of her homeworld. Her homeworld where 99.99% of everyone is human.
    Carlie, not wanting to have to deal with this right now, decides it's better to just stay quiet and ignore him. Calm Reed can handle herself, she figures, a lot better than most anyone else can.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

25. - Top - End - #805
    Titan in the Playground

Calm Reed... does nothing. She folds her arms across her chest, but otherwise makes no move to protect herself, run away, plead or protest. "Come and get it" is unspoken, but clearly visible in her face.

26. - Top - End - #806
    Ogre in the Playground

Dahmin, the leader of the group, pauses. As the others continue to joke with one another at Reed's expense, his eyes narrow and glance towards the woman's own. An understanding is reached. For the first time, he looks Reed over as a potential combatant, analyzing her musculature. The man's expression is serious. His dark eyes glint as the booth attendant hangs up her phone.

She clears her throat before tapping at the glass. "Excuse me, ladies? The foreman is ready for you."

"A cart will be out momentarily. Why don't you come right this way."

--

A section of the electric fence swings open now, revealing a hallway flanked by fence. It looks something like a prison. Past either side of the fence, a courtyard filled with inactive industrial machinery can be seen.

In the distance, a shuttle can be seen heading in their direction.

[Drug Bust]

What in the world was a xeno? These people seemed scary.

The longer this went on, the less comfortable Larz felt with this whole situation. Best to remain quiet under her talents were required.
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2020-07-18 at 02:04 PM.

27. - Top - End - #807

Oh, good! An excuse to leave!

Carlie, who probably will cry about that later but also won't let you know if she's doing it or not, notices the lady as soon as she clears her throat. "Okay, great! Thank-you," she says.

She heads in that direction, and once she's far enough away from those brutes, wipes off the spit.
    She waits for the shuttle without saying anything.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

28. - Top - End - #808
    Titan in the Playground

Calm Reed's cold, deceptively pleasant smile doesn't change.

"Wise," she tells the leader with a tone of patronizing dismissal before turning to head for the shuttle. Once they board the shuttle, she likewise says nothing. Speaking her mind would blow her cover. But there's a plan forming in her mind. If their subterfuge doesn't yield any results, purposely goading those lowlifes might. They might know something about the disappearances... maybe even participated in them.

29. - Top - End - #809
    Orc in the Playground

Drug Bust

"Then you have my thanks, miss. I'll help you guys, since that seems like a bad time for all involved. And I live here." But mostly because her sister is the first girl Zee saved.

They will shortly arrive at the place where the deal is taking place. It's a small factory, though it's been abandoned and repurposed several times. There's some Followers of Joy hanging around outside the squat structure, and a tracked flatbed lorry with no superstructure over the cab. The lorry is marked with the same helical wyrmform that Zee and Minerva saw on the cultist's lander. Three gangers, humans wearing ragged clothing, are unloading metal boxes from the lorry's storage area, whilst two more- these in blue jumpsuits emblazoned with an 'F'- are standing near the lorry supervising. One of the supervisors carries a battered assault rifle, whilst the other carries a laser rifle marked with a crossed lightning bolt and musket on the stock. Not a lasrifle, a laser rifle. There's also on the roof a bundle of sandbags with a small home-built ballista mounted upon it, with an operator wearing a blue jumpsuit with an 'F' on it sat on a chair nearby. There's a door open and the heroes can see inside; a bald man wearing goggles and a battered pair of dungarees and a white-ish t-shirt is arguing with a man wearing a red jumpsuit and a leather jacket.

There's several ground-floor windows around the side; they've been boarded up but seem to be otherwise undefended.

30. - Top - End - #810

[Drug Bust]

"They're not safe yet. They won't be until we're sure that the space ship that they're in isn't full of planet eating aliens still. There's a possibility that they might send down another shuttle and that would be bad enough. The Nexus is pretty big, after all. Though I guess if they're restricting themselves to places with spaceports they have the choice of here or the Skyway over in Inside," Zee reasons. Then taps at her chin thoughtfully. "Though, granted, the Skyway is a little more reputable and probably does, I dunno, screenings or whatever to make sure people disembarking aren't full of space herpes. I haven't actually ever been through there before."

She HAS been off-world before.

Just...

Not leaving the planet on a space shuttle.

Should probably keep that part to herself.

"Hey, are you doing okay?" Zee inquires of the goblin. She seems a little shaken by all the horrific violence. That's probably to be expected of a burglar.

And then oh hey look at that!

Drug pushing gangers!

No doubt these people are full of sunshine and rainbows.

"Oooh, hooligans. So I'm thinking we've got options here. Only guy we're after is the bald one. And it sounds like he's already having a bit of a disagreement with the gangers. There's a pretty good chance that this situation could solve itself without much input from us. What do you guys think?"
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.