New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Skyside 6: Return of the Cheddar

Fourth Tower Compound

A large figure knocks on the door of the compound. A large red bovine one in this case, though dressed in a rather formal white shirt in addition to his usual clothes. For now, the guest merely knocks on the door and waits.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

Parks and Reanimation

"You want her to be cured of this, and I assume she feels the same way?" Jaahlyn inquires as she folds her hands. "I would have to meet her first of course to see what can be done. There are a few ways to solve it however, one would be the song of sleep. It wouldn't undo death, but it would subdue the hunger temporarily if it worked properly. The downside is of course that I can't be around forever so you would have to learn it. Another method would be to go in the opposite direction. That one is a dark path, but the end results would last much longer." She scratches her chin. "Might need to think about this one a bit more, but what do you think so far, miss?"

Thundermarket Food Court

Once she is eventually down on the street below, Jaahlyn will run for her motorcycle.
    That's all she has time for in this post.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Orc in the Playground

Thundermarket Food Court

The closest orc is the first through the door, who was honestly expecting to be shot, and had his head down, eyes closed and arms crossed across his torso. The shotgun pellets rip into his body, but he's managed to ensure nothing immediately fatal has been hit.

The moment the ooze-man tries to choke the two orcs biting at him, they spit out and try to force themselves to vomit, hoping that will unclog their mouths. It'll fail for one of them, and he'll roll off, hacking and choking, but another will pile on in his place. They've learnt now not to bite, however, so they pull out their rarely used work knives- a curved kukri and a straight trench knife- and start trying to carve the thing up.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    Fourth Tower Compound

A large figure knocks on the door of the compound. A large red bovine one in this case, though dressed in a rather formal white shirt in addition to his usual clothes. For now, the guest merely knocks on the door and waits.
    [Fourth Tower Compound]

The compound is a humble two story structure. It really doesn't look like much from the outside. Maybe Krayger double checks the address, but it's correct. So knocking it is.

He's standing there for a short bit, with no sign of a response. In fact, it starts getting awkward. Is anyone here? Though there's an odd feeling. Like there's some presence lurking nearby. A chill in the air. "And what is Merc doing here?" A woman's voice asks. It's as though the voice is far away, but also right in his ear.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

Fourth Tower Compound

The minotaur resists the need to shudder. This is why he’s always been wary of mages before. Of their number you sometimes get the ones who can’t be bothered to answer the door like a normal person.
    ”I come here on personal business, not the company’s. I seek knowledge.” he says simply to the open air, hoping he does not look the fool as much as he feels.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Halfling in the Playground

[The Mad Fronts]

"Ten minutes." Affy's reply is rather simple. "Ten minutes, and I'll have someone knocking on his door."

And then he falls silent for a moment, frowning. Seems he's reluctant to answer Shazhan's question.

He rubs his chin.

His brow furrows.

"Fine."

Oh, well alright then.

"Given time, there is little I cannot achieve. But doing so draws attention. The less attention I draw, the better. If my power source, particularly for anything significant, is elsewhere, well, that's one less thing to draw attention to me, isn't it?"
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

7. - Top - End - #67

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Parks and Reanimation

"You want her to be cured of this, and I assume she feels the same way?" Jaahlyn inquires as she folds her hands. "I would have to meet her first of course to see what can be done. There are a few ways to solve it however, one would be the song of sleep. It wouldn't undo death, but it would subdue the hunger temporarily if it worked properly. The downside is of course that I can't be around forever so you would have to learn it. Another method would be to go in the opposite direction. That one is a dark path, but the end results would last much longer." She scratches her chin. "Might need to think about this one a bit more, but what do you think so far, miss?"
    Parks and Reanimation

"I... well, I believe so, yes." Fidelia wavers, doubts starting to surface. Jenette has had a lot of things screwed up for her thanks to her ghoulification - she had lost her medical career, her family ties, her social life, the ability to even show her face in public, and so many other, littler joys of life - and that cannibalistic hunger was a taxing burden. But that newfound nature was also the only reason that Jenette was now a heroine of sorts, and Fidelia wasn't entirely sure on how willing her charge would be to abandon that power and capability.

"In the end, I-I think I will want to speak to Jenette before truly doing this... but the song sounds nice." She pauses for a second as a thought occurs. "...wait, does it actually stop them from growing hungrier, or does it just make them, er, not notice it grow until the effect wears off, like painkillers?"
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

[Fourth Tower Compound]

"Oh really? Isn't that interesting." The presence fades and without ceremony the door cracks open. Standing in the foyer is a woman with green, leafy skin. The teal poncho marked with the symbol of the Fourth Tower marks her as a member. She watches him enter with her cold, black eyes. "Knowledge means many things." He may notice that every other path further into the building lies behind closed doors.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2019-05-31 at 12:20 AM.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

[Fourth Tower Compound]

Krayger enters, and is unphased by the green woman. Seems like he got one of the more blunt ones. He gives a quick and shallow bow anyway.
    ”I come here to learn about your Arts. I’m old and I’ll never know a quarter of what you do, but bottom line is that lately my company ill needs people only good at hurting things. Everything seems to go to Rilla or Astrana or Ms. Xifhara. And I’m in the dust. So. Adapt or die.”
    Krayger don’t start acting like you’re an old timer or anything you’re not even forty. Dena and Kirk are both likely twice your age, no matter what they look like.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

Stromulus Manor

Tellysandra will be on the sundeck of the manor doing what else? Sunbathing.
    It's a futile effort though, no matter how many hours in the sun, the only thing the warlock gets can be sunburns. Her skin seems incapable of getting tanned, not for the lack of trying though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Stromulus Manor]

Butler doesn't particularly mind. He hasn't had many pictures of him taken before, so his expression is a bit off, trying to smile appropriately for the camera. Trying too hard basically and not as natural as it could be. It's still a halfway decent picture though as he's not uncomfortable.

"You're fine ma'am, I promise. Norael ma'am. My apologies ma'am," Butler says in regards to her name. He thought it was Nora. He must have misheard Tellysandra. "This way ma'am."

Butler will lead Norael to the luxurious sundeck! The sun warms thing up pretty well there. Perfect for taking a nap. Or sunbathing if you want. "Excuse me ma'am," Butler says, walking out onto the deck towards Tellysandra. "Miss Norael is here to see you ma'am."
    Stromulus Manor

Norael follows along happily, getting a well-deserved eyeful of Butler as she lingers behind just a bit. For all the troubles she'd had in the last several hours, meeting him had certainly improved her day and made it quite worth it. Maybe she could whisk him away sometime a- oh, right. Tellysandra is there. With her train of thought derailed, she steps forward. "Well...here I am." She says, suddenly feeling quite awkward over meeting her boss. "I guess you can tell me how much I screwed up now."

11. - Top - End - #71

Stromulus Manor

The two of them will see something quite rare, a glimpse of the arch-warlock without her blind-mask on.
    The upper parts of her face go beyond simple deformity, seemingly there is something supernatural at work there as she does seem human otherwise.
    As they approach, one of her scantily dressed angel consorts puts the blindmask on her as she makes no effort to move herself. Content with lounging in her luxurious sunchair.
    But as Norael approach, she raise her hands to clap. "My grand cleric returns, how fare thee, fair maid?" She speaks in some faux-medieval-slang that she seems to adopt from time to time. "Are thou wings tired? Have a seat by my side." She gestures at the empty sunchair next to her and then drops the accent. "Explain to me what happened, in detail." She then turns to Butler. "Thank you, sir Butler. May I offer some refreshments? It's awfully warm today so take something from the bar." She gestures at her always open bar nearby. It was run by a demon so they could work all hours all days.

Parks and Reanimation

"If it was simply like painkillers, it wouldn't be much of a help, would it, miss?" Jaahlyn remarks with a smile. "Not feeling it doesn't stop it from having an effect on you after all. However, staying with you listening to music wouldn't be a permanent solution either. It would decrease her need to feed, but not completely stop it." Jaahlyn explains as she starts leaning against the wall, her tail moving around as she talks. "But why didn't Jenette reach out instead of you if this is what she wants, miss?"

[The Mad Fronts]

"Ah, so even the big fish are afraid of other big fish, good to know." Shazhan seems amused at his apparent reluctance. "But, as they say, good luck nonetheless. Even though I doubt your ego would ever accept that you'd need it."

Then Ishmat speaks up. "You should take all Jinn's equipment too while you're at it. it will be extremely valuable for my research, and no doubt your own. Stealing from the collective is always so exciting."

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

[Fourth Tower Compound]

"You want to learn?" She puts her hand under her chin and eyes Krayger. "And who are you to think you can wield the power we harness? You come in off the street a nobody. Why should I give you the time of day?"

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

[Fourth Tower Compound]

Krayger gives a single long exhale. Oh, it’s been a while since he’s been treated with that tone. He hasn’t missed it.
    ”Do not try to fool me. I know that your members are not all noble bloodlines. And they are not heroes, fresh from accomplishing great deeds before coming to you. Knowledge, ability, and aptitude for learning are not things you can judge from the appearance or status of any person.” he says, speaking slowly and with conviction. He’s given a similar speech a long, long time ago.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

[Stromulus Manor]

What an unusual face. Was there a mask beneath the mask? That might make sense, but the catboy has zero idea how his mistress saw anything at all under all those masks.

Butler glances at the open bar and then nods to Lady Tellysandra with a smile. "Of course ma'am. I'll get something for you both right away ma'am," He says, completely misunderstanding what Tellysandra was offering. To be fair, getting drinks for the host and their guests is a very common activity for a butler, if not always a Butler.

He turns to Norael. "Do you have a beverage presence ma'am?" He'll ask before heading to the bar to get some refreshments for the two women.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2019-06-03 at 01:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

15. - Top - End - #75

Thundermarket Food Court

Once she is eventually down on the street below, Jaahlyn will run for her motorcycle.
    That's all she has time for in this post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Thundermarket Food Court

The closest orc is the first through the door, who was honestly expecting to be shot, and had his head down, eyes closed and arms crossed across his torso. The shotgun pellets rip into his body, but he's managed to ensure nothing immediately fatal has been hit.

The moment the ooze-man tries to choke the two orcs biting at him, they spit out and try to force themselves to vomit, hoping that will unclog their mouths. It'll fail for one of them, and he'll roll off, hacking and choking, but another will pile on in his place. They've learnt now not to bite, however, so they pull out their rarely used work knives- a curved kukri and a straight trench knife- and start trying to carve the thing up.
    Thundermarket Food Court

Jaahlyn might get the impression someone is watching her. if she looks a round he might find a passerby staring at her with blured eyes, but he turns away as soon as she took note. Other than that there is none stopping her.

The man himself will draw a knife as well. Strangly it's not in a pocket and appears to come from inside his leg. It's a rather normal knife and he will try to stab as many orcs as possible.
    The cutting seems to work, in a way. The wounds won't close immediatly and the cut of parts seem to desolve as the Oooz man gets smaller and smaller. Only the ooze in the chocked orc remains big enougth to continue. in the end the orcs will be succesfull having only a green puddle where the man once was.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

16. - Top - End - #76
    Orc in the Playground

Thundermarket Food Court

Well, the orcs will try to keep him on the floor as they cut and slice, so he won't manage to stab too many- but he does stab two of them really badly. They're pulled back to get medical assistance, but their stock of potions is running out. They weren't expecting this level of resistance, and this ooze guy's just not dying easy.

One of the choking orcs gets desperate enough he grabs his knife and tries to stab himself in the throat, trying to either kill the lump forcing itself down his neck or give himself an impromptu tracheotomy.

17. - Top - End - #77

Thundermarket Food Court==>

Interesting.
    Perhaps it was time to ditch this ride then.
    Jaahlyn drives away, but she isn't going to a new location this time. Instead, she is going to drive out of thunderhead to a garage her associates owned in tempest row. There she will change her coat for another one and switch her motorcycle for a particular car with blackened out windows. Then she's going to drive into thunderhead again, now going to a shopping mall.

This is of course assuming that she doesn't see anyone or anything tailing her.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

[Fourth Tower Compound]

Krayger gives a single long exhale. Oh, it’s been a while since he’s been treated with that tone. He hasn’t missed it.
    ”Do not try to fool me. I know that your members are not all noble bloodlines. And they are not heroes, fresh from accomplishing great deeds before coming to you. Knowledge, ability, and aptitude for learning are not things you can judge from the appearance or status of any person.” he says, speaking slowly and with conviction. He’s given a similar speech a long, long time ago.
    [Fourth Tower Compound]

"Do you think I care about any of that? I grew in the wilds. I came to the Tower knowing nothing, with nothing more than I could carry with me." Vax scoffs. "I want to know if you have a brain in your head? Enough good sense that we don't need to clean you up with a mop."

19. - Top - End - #79

Thundermarket Food Court

Well, the orcs will try to keep him on the floor as they cut and slice, so he won't manage to stab too many- but he does stab two of them really badly. They're pulled back to get medical assistance, but their stock of potions is running out. They weren't expecting this level of resistance, and this ooze guy's just not dying easy.

One of the choking orcs gets desperate enough he grabs his knife and tries to stab himself in the throat, trying to either kill the lump forcing itself down his neck or give himself an impromptu tracheotomy.
    Thundermarket Food Court==>

Interesting.
    Perhaps it was time to ditch this ride then.
    Jaahlyn drives away, but she isn't going to a new location this time. Instead, she is going to drive out of thunderhead to a garage her associates owned in tempest row. There she will change her coat for another one and switch her motorcycle for a particular car with blackened out windows. Then she's going to drive into thunderhead again, now going to a shopping mall.

This is of course assuming that she doesn't see anyone or anything tailing her.
    Thundermarket Food Court

The orcs might see themself happy. The other executives are fare more dangerouse then him, but far less durable.

I guess there is only one orc choking since the other one managed to save himself. When he tries to cut the goo out he will need someone to pull it out the goo ist more like jelly, but if he cuts in the right position he can easily remove it. Thought this is not somethign you can easily do to yourself. That's up to the other orcs.

After that the goo guy doesn't appear again.

Thundermarket Food Court==> Market

The feeling of been watched won't go until she leaves the district. Odd.
    When she reenters she won't have that exact feeling, but she might notice more unusal people around. What i mean with unusual? Those people are a bit off in a shopping mall They appear like small gangs looking out for something. Did Jaahlyn use any proper disguise other then changing her coat?

20. - Top - End - #80

Thundermarket Food Court==>Thundermarket Shopping center

The car windows are tinted fully black to a degree that probably wouldn't be legal in places with actual laws. But in Skyside these sort of things are likely not too uncommon among the citizenry. If people can't see inside your vehicle they don't know if someone is still inside or if there is anything worth the risk to steal in there.

Either way, it would be impossible to see inside without some kind of special sight.
    But likewise he does not notice the unusual people either as she is focusing on the road while as she's making a call to the orcs while she drives. "We're going to the shopping center at these coordinates now, good fellows. I'm already on my way there, so give me a call once you arrived. This will be the last place we hit so just get out once we're done."

Jaahlyn will simply drive there and sit in the car at the parking lot, waiting for the orcs. She is going to disguise herself further while she waits. But there was only so much she could do to mask her unusual appearance.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Orc in the Playground

Thundermarket Food Court

The orc with the goo in his throat has it cut out, and then- since that worked- they'll do it to the other as well. They're then bundled into a taxi and sent to the Street, where they can get healing and care. There's only eight of them now, bundling into their minivan and following to the shopping centre.

Thundermarket Shopping Centre

The orcs arrive and bundle out of their battered old minivan. It's much slower than Jaahlyn's fancy car, and doesn't have blacked-out windows. That'd require it to have windows that aren't just chickenwire bolted on with heavy staples. They lock it, and trust traps in the door handles and locks to keep it safe. At least keep it safe after the first few corpses.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

[Fourth Tower Compound]

Krayger grins, perhaps cynically.
    "You and I both know that if I told you I had a brain, it wouldn't prove a thing. I am prepared for you to test me." he promises Vax.
    Though in regards to her other comment, well, if she's being literal, he doesn't smell enough to be someone who has to be cleaned with a mop.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

Stromulus Manor

"Thank you, Butler. I normally take a glass of whiskey, with a bit of ice, but if you make it then please take it for your own enjoyment as I cannot drink anything anymore."
    Norael explains, gesturing up to her lack of a mouth as she settles on down next to Tellysandra. She takes to the chair quite easily and gives a small sigh. "...I may have to ask to use this deck to sunbathe or moonbathe myself if you do not mind. It rises many times higher than the rooftop of my apartment. My wings are not tired however, though I would never call myself a maid. Not for many years." Provided she isn't interrupted from there, she goes over every detail of her spell and the situation that led up to it.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Halfling in the Playground

[The Mad Fronts]

"Well- what controls the outcome is beyond us- I suppose I'm guilty as charged there, yes. Luck is, mmm, not something I like to rely on." Affy raises a hand with a smile, creating a little virtual screen above him. "I have spent much of my life trying to find a way to match the achievements of bigger fish. Along the way, I've learned that you can never be too cautious. You can never have enough escape routes and backup plans. You never know when you're going to turn a corner and find an even bigger fish. Now then, would you care to watch how my attempt goes?" The screen flickers into life.

[Jinn's Residence]

Walking down the street towards Jinn's home, is a tall figured clad in what looks to be some sort of bulky, futuristic black spacesuit topped with an opaque glassy dome with what look to be sets of small jets and wings set into the suit's arms, legs, and back. A space-powersuit, maybe? It's certainly pretty large, stomping down the street with whirrs and clicks of machinery with every step it takes.

It stops in front of Jinn's door, raising one massive fist that looks like it could smash straight through the building, and...knocks politely three times.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

25. - Top - End - #85

Parks and Reanimation

"If it was simply like painkillers, it wouldn't be much of a help, would it, miss?" Jaahlyn remarks with a smile. "Not feeling it doesn't stop it from having an effect on you after all. However, staying with you listening to music wouldn't be a permanent solution either. It would decrease her need to feed, but not completely stop it." Jaahlyn explains as she starts leaning against the wall, her tail moving around as she talks. "But why didn't Jenette reach out instead of you if this is what she wants, miss?"
    Parks and Reanimation

"True, but it never stopped people from selling painkillers... er- not to say you would, of course." Fidelia jokes a little awkwardly, but continues to listen to Jaahlyn's explanation with an attentive look - not that it stops Jaahlyn's query from catching her off guard.

"Well... she's been really busy lately, ever since she signed on with VIGIL," she muses. "And a lot of why she can help out there is because of what she is now."
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

26. - Top - End - #86

Thundermarket Food Court==>Thundermarket Shopping center

The car windows are tinted fully black to a degree that probably wouldn't be legal in places with actual laws. But in Skyside these sort of things are likely not too uncommon among the citizenry. If people can't see inside your vehicle they don't know if someone is still inside or if there is anything worth the risk to steal in there.

Either way, it would be impossible to see inside without some kind of special sight.
    But likewise he does not notice the unusual people either as she is focusing on the road while as she's making a call to the orcs while she drives. "We're going to the shopping center at these coordinates now, good fellows. I'm already on my way there, so give me a call once you arrived. This will be the last place we hit so just get out once we're done."

Jaahlyn will simply drive there and sit in the car at the parking lot, waiting for the orcs. She is going to disguise herself further while she waits. But there was only so much she could do to mask her unusual appearance.
    Thundermarket Food Court

The orc with the goo in his throat has it cut out, and then- since that worked- they'll do it to the other as well. They're then bundled into a taxi and sent to the Street, where they can get healing and care. There's only eight of them now, bundling into their minivan and following to the shopping centre.

The orcs arrive and bundle out of their battered old minivan. It's much slower than Jaahlyn's fancy car, and doesn't have blacked-out windows. That'd require it to have windows that aren't just chickenwire bolted on with heavy staples. They lock it, and trust traps in the door handles and locks to keep it safe. At least keep it safe after the first few corpses.
    Thundermarket Food Court

Only a few moments after the orcs left the green goo on the floor get's puled together and the man forms himself back. He steps to the window looking out for the orcs. Then he holds one hand against his ear like he uses a phone. This way he builds up a thelepatic link. Or more specific allows the link to be build.

"Senior?..... Sii. ...Orcs... More then a dozen.......They leave.....Si!" With that the man waits untill the orcs are also out of sight. Then he turns to a window which leads to one of the side allys and jumps down splashing on the ground and reforming after a bit. It's much faster then walking. Then he heads away.

If the orcs have been less carefull in hiding their trace, Jaahlyn might notice a movement from the unusual people. If she follows them she will see how they gather around the orcs.

27. - Top - End - #87

Thundermarket Food Court

She isn't leaving her ride. Though she does call the orcs as soon as she notices people are starting to swarm.
    "Looks like we underestimated how many people that are under their control. It looks like you might get greeted by whole crowd once you arrived here, do you think you can handle that or do you need help, fellows?" She could potentially deal with crowds like this, but it would leave her exposed. "We might have to abort if they're going to be swarming us like this. Only a matter of time before the cavalry arrives."

Parks and Reanimation

Jaahlyn smiles. "All my services are for sale, miss. But I don't need to sell pills to make my living. Nor can I accept money as payment." The satyr scratches the back of her neck thoughtfully as she nods to Fidellia. Then she suddenly sits down right there at the floor.
    "But, miss, there is another way. It's no cure by any means, but it would make it easier for Lady Jenette to find sustenance. There are spirits which when invited into a dead body can revitalize it. Return it to the same condition as when they were alive as they possess the dead flesh. If your friend can only eat the bodies of the recently deceased this kind of spirit would help her feed on entire graveyards. These spirits are sapient of course and while they wouldn't die of her eating them, being eaten alive is not the most pleasant way to go. Still, I can't imagine that your other options are all that clean either." She shrugs.

[The Mad Fronts==> Jinn's Emporium]

As the first knock the speakers on either side of the door loudly starts playing a jingle and rain of confetti materializes above the visitors head.
    "Welcome, welcome, to the grand emporium of- body tissue.. May Sihori or- Traum- Help you today?" Two distinct voices speak. Flawlessly finishing one another's sentences. The first voice is speak in a high pitch and is more feminine while the other is more masculine and deep, uttering only curt phrases unlike the first voice which seem far more talkative.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Orc in the Playground

The orcs, unfortunately, aren't used to subterfuge and cloak-and-dagger thinking. They swap vans once, and double back on themselves, but despite being trained in evasive driving to detect and throw off pursuers, they're pretty textbook in how they do it. Literally; if they aren't hurting people they don't have much initiative of their own.

"Crowds are tricky. We can deal with 'em on our turf, but this ain't ours. We didn't pack any sleep bombs." They thought Jaahlyn would be providing crowd control, so didn't pack any of their own. "Whose cavalry, ours or theirs?" Probably theirs, but Jaahlyn might have some more tricks up her sleeves. They certainly hope so.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

[Fourth Tower Compound]

Krayger grins, perhaps cynically.
    "You and I both know that if I told you I had a brain, it wouldn't prove a thing. I am prepared for you to test me." he promises Vax.
    Though in regards to her other comment, well, if she's being literal, he doesn't smell enough to be someone who has to be cleaned with a mop.
    [Fourth Tower Compound]

Vax continues to look at him critically. "We're not in the habit of just teaching anyone off the street, you must understand. We accept acolytes, who in exchange for our teachings offer their loyalty and contribute their growing capabilities to the compound. But for the very reason you came here, your loyalties are split. Why should we expend considerable effort to train you if you are going to give us nothing back?" She poses.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

Fourth Tower Compound

”You know when I first joined MERC it was still called Neutral Organization? I Most members have their own agendas they chase outside of our base. I find this no different. I am prepared to pledge loyalty and thereby return what I am given in turn. Only a fool would ask this and expect it for free.” He keeps how he intends to pay silent for now. Krayger doesn’t know what poker is, but if he did he would know how the strategies work.