New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Skyside 6: Return of the Cheddar

[Jinn's Emporium]

The be-suited figure swivels slowly between the two speakers. One hand wipes away any stray confetti from the dome.

"I have interest in the owner of this establishment's talents."
    Last edited by Gnrlshrimp; 2019-06-13 at 04:23 PM.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    Fourth Tower Compound

”You know when I first joined MERC it was still called Neutral Organization? I Most members have their own agendas they chase outside of our base. I find this no different. I am prepared to pledge loyalty and thereby return what I am given in turn. Only a fool would ask this and expect it for free.” He keeps how he intends to pay silent for now. Krayger doesn’t know what poker is, but if he did he would know how the strategies work.
    [Fourth Tower Compound]

"We'll require time and dedication." Vax clarifies further, but decides to leave it at that. "If you really think you have what it takes, we'll meet again in two week from now. Then we'll see." She produces a small stone and tosses it to him. "Keep that with you until then."

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

[Fourth Tower Compound]

Krayger catches the stone and holds it up to the light.
    ”Is this...for anything in particular?” he asks. Some form of test? Or perhaps it measures something to them? It’s certainly not just a rock.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

4. - Top - End - #94
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Jinn's Emporium]

"The owner will hear what you tell us, don't be afraid! We can satisfy- just tell us what you need." Traum ended the sentence a bit abruptly there as it certainly sounded like Sihori had more than just that to say. "And then we can offer complimentary- we just need your information, sir."

Thundermarket Shopping Centre

"Theirs, they seem to be in control of this entire sector." Jaahlyn pauses. "Actually, I have an idea that just might work. I'm heading to you now."
    And she drives off, going in the same direction as those people she noticed shambling around earlier. She stops nearby, just as any other driver might when they come across a horde of mind controlled people, and lowers the side-window of her ride just enough for the sound of her music to be heard. Then she starts playing a song that should free the thralls from the mind control once they hear it.

Stromulus Manor

Tellysandra idly sips the drink butler handed to her as Nora explains, but also gestures for the bartender to hand the catboy a nukacola. She of course didn't even have to tell Butler what she wanted, the bartender already knew. "That's your nuka-cola, Butler. Drink it, it took me a while to even arrange it to be delivered here."

The archwarlock fans her face with her hand once Nora have finished. "Quite the mess. I don't think even I can free her from that curse now. Though I have an idea how you could do it if you just can get her to trust her. The way you constructed your spell tell me that you're ready for it, Nora. Or Norael." Telly waves her hand dismissively. "Whichever you prefer. The point is that I think you could cast a transfer spell and imbue yourself with the rest of the curse, then you can just come to me and I'll deal with it. How does that sound? Assuming of course that you want to get rid of it so soon."

5. - Top - End - #95

Parks and Reanimation

"That's... probably not a solution that she would be as down for, but it's still something to offer." Fidelia deliberates, only minutely puzzled as Jaahlyn takes a seat. "I'll bring these up to her when she gets back home, hopefully she'll be cool with trying one of them."
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

[Fourth Tower Compound]

It just appears to be a rock, as far as he can tell just looking at it. "It's how you'll know when and where to come. Like I said, keep it on you." Without any action from Vax, the door swings open behind Krayger. "I'll be seeing you soon."

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

Fourth Tower Compound

Krayger pockets the stone.
    ”Fair enough. See you then.” And then he strolls out.
    That might have gone well. He’s not sure.
    He really hopes he’s not being pranked.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

8. - Top - End - #98

[Jinn's Emporium]

The figure pivots between the two speakers again, almost as if it can't really turn its head. "I think I like the talkative one more. Sihori, was it?"

The voice sounds rather artificial, not quite robotic but definitely not normal. It seems to be coming from just below the base of the dome.

"Consider me a collector of sorts, of exotic creatures. I understand the owner of this establishment could put them to use."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

[Stromulus Manor]

A woman who speaks without a mouth and a mistress who sees without eyes. Next someone will tell Butler you can balance without a tail.

"Thank you ma'am." Tellysandra had good tastes if she stocked Nuka-Cola. Butler will hover off to the side to enjoy the fizzy beverage. Out of the way and skippable, but available if either of them are in need of anything a butler can provide.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

Stormulus Manor

"Either name is fine, really. It's sudden enough of a change that I'm not sure I can complain if someone gets it wrong."
    Norael admits before giving a heavy sigh. "A transfer spell, huh? I don't really know of one that would work on a curse like this, but I think I can finagle something. What'll happen to me though? If this is what I'm like when I only have half of the curse, will I change more with all of it? I don't hide that I loathe this sort of being, but if I can keep my own sense of self then I can at least use this for a while to get ahead in my Circle." She reasons, mostly trying to convince herself to go through it instead of really trying to tell Tellysandra anything new. "...aw hell, never let it be said that I wasn't a good friend I guess."

11. - Top - End - #101

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Jinn's Emporium]

"The owner will hear what you tell us, don't be afraid! We can satisfy- just tell us what you need." Traum ended the sentence a bit abruptly there as it certainly sounded like Sihori had more than just that to say. "And then we can offer complimentary- we just need your information, sir."

"Theirs, they seem to be in control of this entire sector." Jaahlyn pauses. "Actually, I have an idea that just might work. I'm heading to you now."
    And she drives off, going in the same direction as those people she noticed shambling around earlier. She stops nearby, just as any other driver might when they come across a horde of mind controlled people, and lowers the side-window of her ride just enough for the sound of her music to be heard. Then she starts playing a song that should free the thralls from the mind control once they hear it.

Stromulus Manor

Tellysandra idly sips the drink butler handed to her as Nora explains, but also gestures for the bartender to hand the catboy a nukacola. She of course didn't even have to tell Butler what she wanted, the bartender already knew. "That's your nuka-cola, Butler. Drink it, it took me a while to even arrange it to be delivered here."

The archwarlock fans her face with her hand once Nora have finished. "Quite the mess. I don't think even I can free her from that curse now. Though I have an idea how you could do it if you just can get her to trust her. The way you constructed your spell tell me that you're ready for it, Nora. Or Norael." Telly waves her hand dismissively. "Whichever you prefer. The point is that I think you could cast a transfer spell and imbue yourself with the rest of the curse, then you can just come to me and I'll deal with it. How does that sound? Assuming of course that you want to get rid of it so soon."
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post

The orcs, unfortunately, aren't used to subterfuge and cloak-and-dagger thinking. They swap vans once, and double back on themselves, but despite being trained in evasive driving to detect and throw off pursuers, they're pretty textbook in how they do it. Literally; if they aren't hurting people they don't have much initiative of their own.

"Crowds are tricky. We can deal with 'em on our turf, but this ain't ours. We didn't pack any sleep bombs." They thought Jaahlyn would be providing crowd control, so didn't pack any of their own. "Whose cavalry, ours or theirs?" Probably theirs, but Jaahlyn might have some more tricks up her sleeves. They certainly hope so.

The crowed builds around the orcs and when the groupe is big enougth they start yelling at the orcs "Leave this place, slavers" and "You are not Welcome here." Some of those appear to be armed with guns while others just picked up whatever they saw nearby like a stick or so.

The song takes his effect and frees some, but that doesn't resolve the crowed. Someone in the crowed allways calls out somethign like "They are slavers", that way even the free people mind the orcs since those are seriouse problems. After a while someone will knock at her window from the other side. "Excuse me. This is no parking zone. You have to move." followes a smoky voice after the knocking.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

12. - Top - End - #102
    Orc in the Playground

The orcs mill around a little, slightly confused as to what to do. Eventually, their sergeant bulls his way through the others and stands with his arms crossed before the crowd. "We are here to do some shopping, just like you. We are not on official business, and none of you are at risk from us- unless, of course, you attempt to harm us, first." The orcs behind the sergeant also put away the tasers and cudgels they were holding, and make sure (not very subtly) that their guns are in easy reach. The crowd has them out-numbered, but they hopefully have the crowd out-gunned.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

13. - Top - End - #103

Parks and Reanimation

Jaahlyn nods as she looks thoughtfully down at the floor. "Admittedly, my memory is a bit scrambled. It's difficult to remember which techniques that I've learned across my lifespans which could apply here." Her goat-like eyes shift up to Fidelia. "But as I said before, if she is willing to take many more lives there is a more permanent solution I can offer which I remember quite well. My, ah, people are quite crafty when it comes to dealing with death and other ends." The satyr relaxes back against the wall. "But I try to recall more ways while I wait for her I guess, how long will she be do you think, miss?"

[Jinn's Emporium]

"Indeed! That is me!" The first voice to replies. "So how may we help you? Creator Jinn's physical unit is preoccupied at the moment but be assured that they're still listening and are more than willing to take requests and fulfill whatever desire you may have. We're all eager to make what you imagine an reality, the grander the vision the better. So paint it for me, or do you wish to use more than just words? Since there is a imagunator inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Infiltrating New Inside]

Well!

It sounds like Zee and the as yet unnamed lady in power armor are being taken to (a point near) Ground Town!

Zee will use the duration of the trip to try chatting amiably with the as yet unnamed lady in power armor. Get to know her a bit? See if, perhaps, she'll be more talkative once it looks like things are working out alright?
    [Infiltrating New Inside Skyside?]

The powered armored lady isn't willing to give many answers, but finally she relents that her first name is "Minerva" and that she is a "sister of battle" serving the "emperor of mankind". But she has questions for Zee in turn, like if she is pure human (whatever that's supposed to mean) and why she was in that strange city. If Zee starts explaining things about the nexus however, she seems oddly distant, having no follow-up questions as she does not desire to know much about it besides how she could get out.

They will eventually be dropped off near groundtown, the slums of slums. Only the most pitiful of people live here, mostly those that don't have a choice in the matter or those who have something to earn from the pitiful living conditions of this slum.

Parking regulations in skyside?!
    Not to mention that she was pretty sure that crowd and the orcs were ignoring parking regulations as well yet he was focusing on her for some reason.

Thus guy couldn't be more suspicious. Thus she is going to use her tail to pull her gun and be ready for some hostile actions as the tune of the melody suddenly changes. Now the crowd suddenly will feel like they didn't have a care in the world and want to dance and be lured towards the source of the music, which would be her own car. The person knocking on her window might be influenced as well and so will the orcs unless they block off the music with earplugs or ear muffs. Something Jaahlyn have instructed them to do should ever her music change.

[Stromulus Manor]

"I admit I can't be certain what will happen if you transfer the spell fully. But if you really end up hating it I can always undo it. As promised." The archwarlock smiles. "But I honestly like your new look. It suits you. You were always a fiery, passionate soul and that side of you really comes out here. Though-" Telly takes a sip from her drink. "I admit that I'm more worried than ever about radiation poisoning." She chuckles. "I'm fairly sure Butler won't need to worry though considering his choice of beverage."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2019-06-30 at 04:58 AM.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

Stromulus Manor

"The radiation only seems to be an issue if I truly lose my temper, but it shouldn't be something that happens often. If it does, then just dump cold water on me and it should snap me back and get me to cool it." Norael advises before sighing and sitting up some. "Well, I can't say what'll happen I guess, but I suppose I'll do it and go from there. Even though I plan to use this to my advantage, I do want assurances that if I lose my own will that you will remove the curse. I can promise you that I will be far more useful to you and KABAL back to my normal self over being a full angel with no willpower." She gives another sigh and reaches up to rub her face tiredly. "If you don't mind, I should head back, get some sleep, and then talk to my friend and get this going. But before I go, do let me know if you have any more work or jobs that I can do. I did enjoy the fieldwork surprisingly enough even if I harbor...distaste at how it ended."

15. - Top - End - #105
    Barbarian in the Playground

Parks and Reanimation

The satyr relaxes back against the wall. "But I'll try to recall more ways while I wait for her I guess, how long will she be do you think, miss?"
    As if in reply, Jenette's greyhound starts bounding across the room towards the door, tail waggling ecstatically. She's here, she's here! His favorite person, the one who smells of MEAT. Romero paws at the door excitedly, before turning his gaze towards ADOPTED STRAY PUPPY and SUSPICIOUS GOAT. These two need to open the door, now! Can you insensate bipeds not hear the footsteps outside, or the smell wafting in from under the door? MEATSMELL is here! She's back from her perilous journey into the world outside, the menacing and dangerous world of GO FOR A WALK! That means she'll have gifts! PIGFLESH or COW SCRAPS or TOYS or the forbidden NO ROMERO YOU CAN'T EAT THIS that MEATSMELL never shares with Romero or the stray they adopted a few months ago no matter how much he uses the sad eyes technique.
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2019-06-30 at 02:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

16. - Top - End - #106

Stromulus Manor

"I do have a job for you, but have some food and rest before we talk about that further, Nora." Telly replies with a dismissive gesture. "You shouldn't be concerned about the 'curse' though as I understand that Tina didn't act too differently from herself even before your attempt to help her. So don't let that weight you down now, everything is going to work out and I will make sure that you get well paid for your services."

17. - Top - End - #107

Parks and Reanimation

Fidelia grows a little more inquisitive - but it's not over the options. "Wait, lifespans?" Well, that's probably a good sign towards how well this woman could be trusted over matters of undeath and such, right? And even if it isn't, Fidelia's never met someone whose been resurrected or reincarnated or any of those sorts of things! It's a pretty cool thing, even for a Nexus native like her.

Jaahlynn probably doesn't get the chance to answer before Romero pulls their attention to the door. "Oh, uh, I- I think that's her!" Fidelia moves to open the door, her demeanor noticeably brightening.
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2019-06-30 at 12:55 PM.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

18. - Top - End - #108

[Jinn's Emporium]

"Physical Unit? Interesting. We have something in common then." The suited figure does not elaborate beyond this point. "But painting a picture is difficult. I desire to combine elements from a number of my acquisitions to produce something truly special. But I am no artist. I seek the mind of a master of the craft who can sculpt their bodies to create the perfect-

The suited figure pauses, perhaps realising it's getting a little carried away.

"If you have a suitable containment facility, I could show you my wares."

19. - Top - End - #109

The orcs mill around a little, slightly confused as to what to do. Eventually, their sergeant bulls his way through the others and stands with his arms crossed before the crowd. "We are here to do some shopping, just like you. We are not on official business, and none of you are at risk from us- unless, of course, you attempt to harm us, first." The orcs behind the sergeant also put away the tasers and cudgels they were holding, and make sure (not very subtly) that their guns are in easy reach. The crowd has them out-numbered, but they hopefully have the crowd out-gunned.

Parking regulations in skyside?!
    Not to mention that she was pretty sure that crowd and the orcs were ignoring parking regulations as well yet he was focusing on her for some reason.

Thus guy couldn't be more suspicious. Thus she is going to use her tail to pull her gun and be ready for some hostile actions as the tune of the melody suddenly changes. Now the crowd suddenly will feel like they didn't have a care in the world and want to dance and be lured towards the source of the music, which would be her own car. The person knocking on her window might be influenced as well and so will the orcs unless they block off the music with earplugs or ear muffs. Something Jaahlyn have instructed them to do should ever her music change.

The crowed watches the orcs, amon their people there are a few guns, but with the mass of people it is hard to make numbers. Not that it matters right now since they start to go off to the musiks source as they are lured o it. Still enougth manage to withstand to reply to the orcs. "You already attacked our people. We were told you dragged one into an alley and nearly beat him to death." One man replies. It's hard to make out who said that even thought the mass is clearing due to the musik.
    If the Orcs know about Jaahlyn's new vehicle they might notice the man standing next to it.

Parking regulations are common in this area. Arkant not only took over parts he already improved some things. After all if people place their cars anywhere how can you transort the good you make money with? The orcs sure violate them, too but the people have no cars here so they are just meet in public. The man sights as he got no answer and appears to turn away. Then he takes a deep breath like he wants to say something important Jaahlyn might notice the silhouette getting a bit bigger. He then dissapears from the window, ducking under it as he grabs the car and lift it up unless anything stops him. His strength is extraordinary and since she onlly got such a small car he can lift it easily. Should it work, then he will take her away, still cautiouse what she will do.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Orc in the Playground

"The man was a known thief. His face is on a poster on the Street, because he's been seen picking pockets and we have images of him, on camera, taking money from an honest blacksmith." The orc's lying, but he's large and intimidating and is trusting in the fact nobody's going to be willing to go to the Street and find out the truth. When they hear the music change, the orcs pull earplugs from pockets and put them in, though one is headed to the car with a dreamy expression on his face and none of the others have noticed. They're too focused on the crowd before them, and aren't looking at what may be Jaahlyn's car to see it hoisted into the air.

21. - Top - End - #111

Parks and Reanimation

Jaahlyn opens her mouth as if to reply to Fidelia's first question when she sees the approaching animal and for a moment her eyes widen.
    Dog!, she has to reminds herself, not Wolf!. It had been way too long, she shouldn't have to remind herself of these things.
    "Um, what should I do? Where should I stand?" The satyr looks around in sudden wild bewilderment as it becomes clear that she is coming.
    It had suddenly occurs to her that sitting here in the corner just behind the door might look a tad suspicious to the person entering and she really didn't to want to look suspicious to the ghoul knight.

[Jinn's Emporium]

"Of course! Just come on in, oh seeker of the true arts! Just mind the guard!~" The door suddenly slide open revealing what appears to be a lobby. Though in addition to what you might usually see in a lobby, there is also a huge glass window overlooking a huge featureless room completely in white.
    The only person in the waiting room appears to be a tall horned woman in a form-fitting black armor who pushes away something in-between the cushions of the couch she's sitting in. She turns to him, her face masked by a visor and let's out a burp. "Uh, sorry."

"Just don't mind the guard!~" Sihori repeats. "She does not represent this facility!~"

Jaahlyn continues playing until the man is attempting to lift the car.
    Welp. So much for that ride.
    The boss was not going to be happy with this, she would have to cut her loses right here and now.

She instantly stops playing and pockets her flute before removing her safety-belt. Then as the car is suddenly being lifted, the opens the door and leaps out, running away from the orcs and the crowds.
    "Abort, abort. We're pulling out!" She tells the orcs as she hits the speed-dial on her phone.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

Stromulus Manor

Norael waves at her mouthless face. "Can't really eat or drink, but I appreciate the sentiment. I honestly need to figure out what this body sustains itself on, but at the moment I'm not feeling hungry so I think I might not need any real sustenance. Don't need air either." The angel gives another sigh before nodding and sitting up at the edge of the chair. "I really do appreciate talking to you like this, Boss. Helps reassure me after a change like this. I don't know much about angels, but you certainly seemed to. If you don't mind though, I should probably head home and get some sleep. Make some plans and figure out the transfer ritual after some research. If you'd like, I can make a copy of my research for your own use. The White Circle tends to have access to tomes never seen by others so maybe there's something of use for you."

23. - Top - End - #113

[Not Really Infiltrating at the Point More Like Just Looking For a Rocket Off This Rock But This is a Really Long Title so We'll Just go with 'Groundtown']

*ahem*

[Groundtown]

Oh, see, explanations are easy.

First?

Zee was in the city because she was sampling their hamburger joints. Simple.

Second?

She is Grade A one hundred percent genetically human expect if you count the small percentage of Neanderthal DNA but all humans share a tiny percentage of their genes with other hominid species so that shouldn't count.

Zee will also ask what it's like being a Sister of Battle. She is, after all, just a completely normal human barmaid which isn't anywhere near as exciting as being a Sister of Battle.

Regardless! Groundtown!

"Wow this place is a dump," Zee observes, since she hasn't actually been here before. If she HAD been here before she's pretty sure that she would have remembered the aroma. "Y'know I've wondered about slums like these before, given that the Nexus, being how it is, usually affords people the chance to go somewhere else with less squalor. I've always half-way wondered if the Nexus just repopulates slums every time enough people figure out that they can just move to the Skyway or whatever."

Because it's way nicer than here. But the New Inside people didn't want to drop them off there for fear of skinwalkers.

Pfft.

Zee could take 'em.

Especially since she's being accompanied by a lady in power armor with a flame thrower.

"Hmm... there should be trams or trollies or something that leads up," she reasons, scanning the area for transpiration. Then she sees it! Hanging gondola thingies! "OH! There we go! Those totally don't look like deathtraps."
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmćre Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

24. - Top - End - #114

[Groundtown]

Minerva is not very forthcoming with information, though Zee will learn that she has served with the holy order for "many years" and that she right now is on a "personal crusade" to spread the word to the outer reaches of the emperium. For a sister of battle, that apparently involved a lot of willpower and violence. Or at least that how Minerva describes it.

Groundtown doesn't get much of a reaction from Minerva however. It's almost like she has seen it all before, or at least something very similar to it. That helmet of hers might at least help a bit against the aroma.
    "This machine would lead us to the flying city?" She inquires, not sure if she was looking at the same thing as Zee. "Since that city must be very different from the one below it if it's supposed to house ships."
    There are plenty of beggars on the street that easily recognize them both as newcomers and come pleading for food and/or money. Minerva is just brushing them aside however, not even giving them a second glance. This all seems to be things she's quite used to.

Stromulus Manor

Telly folds her hands together and smiles. "Sure, I'd love you exchange some information. Once you get some sleep, feel free to ask me anything about angels and anything else related to your current condition. And if I can't answer it, POX my magical database, certainly could. Just come by any time and I'll help you out with anything you need. Competence is rewarded greatly in this house of mine." The archwarlock grins.

25. - Top - End - #115

"The man was a known thief. His face is on a poster on the Street, because he's been seen picking pockets and we have images of him, on camera, taking money from an honest blacksmith." The orc's lying, but he's large and intimidating and is trusting in the fact nobody's going to be willing to go to the Street and find out the truth. When they hear the music change, the orcs pull earplugs from pockets and put them in, though one is headed to the car with a dreamy expression on his face and none of the others have noticed. They're too focused on the crowd before them, and aren't looking at what may be Jaahlyn's car to see it hoisted into the air.

Jaahlyn continues playing until the man is attempting to lift the car.
    Welp. So much for that ride.
    The boss was not going to be happy with this, she would have to cut her loses right here and now.

She instantly stops playing and pockets her flute before removing her safety-belt. Then as the car is suddenly being lifted, the opens the door and leaps out, running away from the orcs and the crowds.
    "Abort, abort. We're pulling out!" She tells the orcs as she hits the speed-dial on her phone.

"You hunt thievs?" One of the crowd people asks the orcs "You are ensaving people, go punish yourself for that." The voice from the crowd grew his confidence from the numer and with the people shaking off thecharm their number will be great again. The guy they beat in the building had checked things up, but he isn't here. The crowed won't make a move now. Those not charmed are to less to attack and those charmed try to gather their senses.

The man lifting the car is not so suprised by her escape. he swings the car around and throws it at Jaahlyn, likly missing her by throwing it to far or maybe she just steps to a side.. "Come back villan! Those people aren'r your puppets." It's not like he wants to convince the people on his side, thats mostly done already, but you need to keep it up from time to time.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Orc in the Playground

"We hunt all people that don't contribute to society, and sell them to people that make them contribute to society." Is the orc's response, with a glower.

Then the message to abort comes through, and the orcs pile back into their beaten up old van. They'll aim the front of their vehicle at the man who's shouting at Jaahlyn, and accelerate. They're trying to run him over, but expect him to get out of the way. This van hasn't been given as many of the improvements and armouring as some of the slaver's vehicles, but it's entirely expendable.

27. - Top - End - #117

So now she's getting her own car thrown at her. Jaahlyn had never expected this outcome honestly. But it was now either dodge or die and right now she really didn't want to die again.

She can't see the car, only hear it so turning around or stepping aside might mean she'd get crushed. Ducking would probably get the same result. She could just run but as she expected the car to be thrown in more horizontal direction. Thus she goes with an somewhat unorthodox response.

She jumps.

For most humanoids, this would just be dumb. But Jaahlyn doesn't just jump, she jumps. About 4 meters into the air to be specific.
    Jaahlyn was just intending to jump forward but ends up jumping over the car just as it was about to land behind her.
    But she does not dwell on what just happened. Once she lands, she just keeps on running while putting her lips to her flute once more. This time the music wasn't effecting anyone around her, but only herself. Causing her to run far faster than she otherwise would. She couldn't outrun a car or anything but she could outrun all these people.

28. - Top - End - #118

[Jinn's Emporium]

The suited figure walks inside, stopping to turn and look at the guard. There's an uncomfortably long pause as it quite blatantly looks her up and down, having to lean back and forth to adjust the height of its whole body to do so.

"Work of your artist, or just hired help?" It queries.

Oh, and there's a big empty white room behind a window over there! "The containment facility?"

29. - Top - End - #119

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Parks and Reanimation

Fidelia grows a little more inquisitive - but it's not over the options. "Wait, lifespans?" Well, that's probably a good sign towards how well this woman could be trusted over matters of undeath and such, right? And even if it isn't, Fidelia's never met someone whose been resurrected or reincarnated or any of those sorts of things! It's a pretty cool thing, even for a Nexus native like her.

Jaahlynn probably doesn't get the chance to answer before Romero pulls their attention to the door. "Oh, uh, I- I think that's her!" Fidelia moves to open the door, her demeanor noticeably brightening.
    Parks and Reanimation

Jaahlyn opens her mouth as if to reply to Fidelia's first question when she sees the approaching animal and for a moment her eyes widen.
    Dog!, she has to reminds herself, not Wolf!. It had been way too long, she shouldn't have to remind herself of these things.
    "Um, what should I do? Where should I stand?" The satyr looks around in sudden wild bewilderment as it becomes clear that she is coming.
    It had suddenly occurs to her that sitting here in the corner just behind the door might look a tad suspicious to the person entering and she really didn't to want to look suspicious to the ghoul knight.
    There's the sound of someone fiddling with keys, before Fidelia opens the door first. MEATSMELL Saint Lazarus shrugs, before pulling her helmet off of her head, giving her matted hair a shake, and then reaching for the doorknob to pull the keys back out and plunk them into her upside-down helmet, where they'll be safe and easy to find later. Romero, in the meantime, has been wagging his tail excitedly the whole time, waiting for Jenette to finish up with her weird human business and attend to more important matters, like saying hi to the very cute dog who's sitting patiently here for you yes henlo it me dog pls be giving luv and snax and pets now.

"Hey Fi, can you hold still Romero for a second? I got a new harness while I was out an-" No, shh, quiet. Something's off here. This isn't the apartment Jenette expected to come home to, not exactly. You can smell it in the air, can't you? Romero seems just a little more high-strung than usual, doesn't he? Jenette wordlessly places a wary hand on the grip of her zweihander as she steps inside. She still hasn't spotted Jaahlyn just yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

30. - Top - End - #120

Parks and Reanimation

"Hey Jenette, uh, I have a new acquaintance over," Fidelia awkwardly informs as she kneels down to give Romero a pat and hold him still. "She's a little weird, but she, uh, said she might be able to help with undeadness." As she speaks, the squire gestures towards where Jaahlynn is seated.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show