New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 21363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1493
  1. - Top - End - #1351
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Skyside 6: Return of the Cheddar

Shivernight Manor

In that case, Bluefoot has been glancing at Sapphira when she thinks she won't be noticed. Something about the demon queen's body is hard for the helfling to take her eyes off.

"Um, no, I... I don't mind when you turn up. You've seen a lot of it before, and... uh, you know my measurements. I'd... prefer if Sylvester didn't see me like that, though." That dress was really comfortable, and fitted perfectly.

After Sapphira has left, Bluefoot also leaves, to resume her bath. In about half an hour, though, she comes back down, wearing black leather trousers and a loose shirt. She opens the door, to make sure he's still in there, before speaking. "So. What can you tell me about my new patron, hmm? You've gotta know something, or she'd not consider you important enough to look after... And she likely expects me to ask you the question, too." Bluefoot's already proven to have quite a good financial instinct, investing the money Sapphira gave her wisely to the point she could return it and still be profitable, and she's found she has a taste for this kind of life, too.

Blackheart Street

The driver reported her bag missing probably stolen a few days ago, and listed the contents. Most of what she kept in there is now missing, and the katar, rolled notebook paper, wooden box and food are all newer additions to the bag.

The elf isn't immediately visible, however there are a few elves standing on the corner not too far away. A lithe male elf, with pale blue skin and shoulder-length dark blue hair, wearing a pair of tattered denim jeans, his bare chest covered in tattoos with an elemental theme- snowflakes, flames, waves, clouds, and lightning bolts, resting on a bin and smoking a brown cigarillo. A female elf with wood-brown skin and green hair, wearing a breastplate, greaves and vambraces made of wood and leaning on a silver-tipped spear. A male Dunmer with ash-grey skin, bright red eyes and black hair, wearing a faded brown poncho and green combat trousers, with a razor-wire wrapped cricket bat resting on one shoulder.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Blackheart Street]

So, it sounds like -if it belongs to the elf- there's no way to find her or even prove that it's hers. Maybe the thief could've been a previous victim, even. Might as well bring it back to Riverside and turn it in there. Could even send someone to anonymously drop it off.

She puts the purse around her shoulder, and continues.
    Well, besides getting a new knife, this whole trip to Skyside was a huge waste of time. The fight ended too easily to even make it worth it.

Well...
    After spotting the elves, she notices that they seem to be getting ready for a fight. Just in case they are willing to fight anyone who gets too near, Viviane decides to alter her path and walk near them. She doesn't want to start the fight, of course, but if someone else accosts her then of course she is going to defend herself.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

3. - Top - End - #1353
    Troll in the Playground

Shivernight Manor

Most people would agree that Sapphira's hard to take eyes off, even when she's clad. It's a trick she's mastered or maybe even invented, in the way she sculpted her form, the way she moves.

The prisoner mutters at Bluefoot. "Best night of my life. I was like you. Then I was greater. You could be great. But don't. All is regret. End it."
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

4. - Top - End - #1354

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Return to the Ship

Or they are made by an STC the tech-priest is unfamiliar with.

"As you order, Ma'am. I've had it forty years, longer'n my mark-one bio-leg. I'll find the cogboy, well, I guess she's a coglass, and get it tweaked." He limps off after the techpriest.

The gunslinger, meanwhile, walks up. "These girls are willing, but if you're going into a fight they'll be more hindrance than help. And they're reliant on me 'n me coat for guns. I'll be sendin' 'em to GLoG. I'll help, if they go. If you disagree, I'll lead 'em to GLoG meself and you'll be down a fighter you've seen in action as well as them. Don't think your armour scares me, neither. I've got guns that can punch through it, I reckon. It's why you want me." All the ex-slaves are wearing clothing taken from corpses and all of them carry a pistol. They've got two longarms and a chainsword, but there's more than I can remember.
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post
    Manor Lab

"I might be capable at white magic, but I'm not a literal miracle worker! There's certain things I just can't avoid while trying to make a living body!"
    Norael says, sounding exasperated and feeling like she's being berated for her work. "I'll admit I might have gotten caught up in the work, but I'm not a fleshcrafter or artificer. I can enhance and manipulate existing functions, and make it so the body can live as long as possible without my tending while minimizing wear and tear, but I can't gift immortality or work without certain handicaps." She points out, rubbing her face with a groan. "I didn't need to scan you, Anri. It was something easy to put together since we're in the same boat. I got turned into an angel. Should this body get destroyed, I still live but I certainly won't be able to maintain a material presence and will get sent to whatever realm I was linked to. More than that, if you didn't believe you needed a body in the first place, why come to us? If that's the case, you've done this completely ass-backwards and the simple solution, while uncomfortable, is just to destroy your current body to free your spirit and essence." She points out, letting out a deep breath to let her anger(and glowing hair) cool.

The angel takes a moment, brushing her orange hair back and returning it to a cooler radioactive blue so she can collect herself. Anger wasn't good for her nor for those around her given it usually meant little spikes of radiation. Once she's fully calm, she continues. "I'm sorry. Barring that, the soul jar grafts CAN be removed easily enough AFTER you're in the body. They serve to act as an anchor and protection since beings of spirit are usually vulnerable to being trapped or manipulated by other means. Even I am bound by a set of Rules that could be manipulated if people knew them. More than that, I could leave in a small number to offer some resistance to those who might seek you out for your powers and bind you. A number small enough to provide metaphysical purchase but not enough to prevent you from dispersing from the body should you need it, like sticky tape. Things CAN still be changed. It's not all set in stone. Even if I can't work miracles, I can at least modify anything and everything you see before this point. Barring the cybernetics of course, but that's easy enough to swap out."

Jinn's Ex-Workshop

"Sure." Alexia says with a smile before stopping at a thought. "Wait, you will be transporting us?" She asks the drone, suddenly wary and unsure how they'd be taken from Skyside all the way to Seaside.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    Manor Lab

"I came here because I was under the impression I merely needed a demon's curse lifted. I wasn't aware of the possibility I didn't need a physical body until one hundred and ninety-six seconds ago." Anri does not comment that the only reason that she hasn't left by now is that Tellysandra turned around and told her after her months of service that the curse couldn't be broken after all, then tried to sucker her into a new job in a field she has zero interest in to pay for the second-rate solution she didn't ask for.
    "I assure you Lady Tellysandra that you have little to worry about. When all is said and done I'm sure my powers can recoup the losses that the body has incurred, regardless of whether or not I'm in it. I think that would be a better alternative to acting as Nora's permanent assistant given my lack of training. Speaking of which, considering that my powers have been proven to have flesh-warping capabilities, it might be easier if I merely inhabit the body for a few moments, then someone can make a wish to get me my own separate one. That way I have what I want and you still have your expensive cyber-body to do whatever you want with." That is to say, "heck no I am not working here and will be 100% done with all of this the absolute moment I'm free."

Jinn's workshop

Sam frowns. He was under the impression that Jinn was in Skyside and not the Spire for a reason, especially when he let his counterpart go after the novelty wore off.
    "Yes, I'm a returning customer. We can come with you, under the agreement that both of us will be transported to the Spire and then back to a location specified by us when we're done." he says carefully.
    Return to the Ship

"I have no objections to sending them to this place." Minerva declares with a dismissive wave. "If they're not good in a fight, that's for the best. However, we're leaving soon so I'd prefer if you didn't take them there. Isn't there anyone else that could take them there, someone we wouldn't need the help of?"

Jinn's workshop

"Teleporting us, as you may call it." The drone corrects Alexia. "Since you are asking to be returned to a previous state are you not? If so, this drone is build to safely transport you to the other of our facilities. Once you are done with your business, return to my location within the city and I will return you back. Please be aware that you will only be allowed within the unsanctified sections of the city however. Only corporeal with special clearances are allowed within the sanctified parts."

Manor Lab

This was yet another reason Telly had sent a drone here. She had the feeling things would get emotional and she wanted to avoid potential radiation poisoning. After Nora's outburst there she might have to have some imps clean up the entire lab afterwards.

The speaker of the drone doesn't buzz to life right away but eventually Telly responds rather curtly. "Is Anri's solution alright with you, Dr. Nora? It's your project after all." They can hear her taking a sip of some drink.

5. - Top - End - #1355
    Orc in the Playground

Blackheart Street --> Galadriel's Gladiators Territory

The elves notice her approach, and move to intercept. They don't necessarily want a fight, either, but they're willing to give it a go. The shirtless snow elf speaks first, sticking their hand out as snowflake tattoos glow blue and an icicle, long and sharp, grows into their outstretched hand. "Oi! This is Galadriel's Gladiators turf. You want in, you gotta pay. What's in the bag, missy?" The other two hang back a little, standing behind the speaker. The Dunmer has flicked the poncho back, revealing an automatic pistol.

Shivernight Manor

"I don't do regret. I don't regret trying to break into the food distribution warehouse, even though I got caught and sold to the Guild, or going home and getting sent back again. I don't regret calling out for help, particularly because it was answered both times. I don't regret buying girls that could have been me, and confiscating their voices so they won't run away. I won't regret my dealings with Sapphira, either. Tell me something useful, you imbecile. Why do you think I'd regret it, for one. What you did to get the best night of your life, for two. And how can I be greater than I am already?" Bluefoot isn't sure why she's telling this madman so much, but... Well, she can't see what she'd lose from it, if he somehow told Sapphira.

Cultist Hunting (Sorry! Was gonna check this when I got to Minerva, then forgot.)

The cultist shrieks as Zee puts her foot down. Literally. "You can't stop the Four-Armed Emperor! You will see His grace and light one day, you will! All of you will! There's no denying the will of the Clawed Ancestor, none!" He'd shoot more, but he can't aim at anything.

Back to the Ship

"Sure. My sister'll take 'em there. She's got a good head on her shoulders, and has a better idea of how to use that rifle than the others. I'll stick with you, just gotta reclaim me guns. They won't last long without me, anyway." With that rather unusual statement, she walks off, taking the pistols from the girls and putting them back under her coat.

The tech-priestess hovers up, holding a strange gun. It's bronze-coloured, with a domed top over a slowly rotating horizontal blade. A mechanism underneath the blade holds others, ready to load the next into the firing chamber after the trigger is pulled. It's sized for human- or human-like- hands, although it looks odd in the tech-priestess' mechanical limbs, and if Minerva takes it when offered, the grip is comfortable and ergonomic in a way it probably wouldn't be, if made for an aeldari- though the design may seem similar, the blade is too large, already spinning, and none of them possess a monomolecular edge. They're sharp enough to cut through skin and flesh, but dull enough that they bounce off metal or stone instead of embedding in it.

6. - Top - End - #1356
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Blackheart Street]

Now it should be noted that Smoke's foxfire is quite focused when it manifests. He can't really do those big fireballs that some others can create. Everyone has their own unique talents, right?

Such as!

Smoke makes a sweeping motion with both hands as he reaches the apex of his leap, releasing a volley of foxfire darts at every single one of those gross, horrible little worms.

With any luck, this causes them all to perish quite effectively.

Only problem now is that Smoke needs to start going down.

Luckily for him?

He catches the edge of the roof he just passes and vaulted atop it. Now he's up there and Athena is down there. She can probably finish off the rest of the worms if he missed any, right? Of course she can. But while he would normally be quite happy to run away at this point something about this encounter intrigues him.

Namely the foxfire.

"I just wanted to say," Smoke calls down from the roof. "Given that you appear to have the same predilection toward bushy tails that I do, your sound and fury about taking lives rings a little hollow. You aren't trying to starve yourself, are you? It won't end well."

[Cultist Hunting]

Haha!

Put her foot down, that's great.

The seraphim regards the cultist in silence for a few seconds and then simply allows herself to shine unimpeded.

Within a few scant seconds the sand nearby has all turned into boiling glass. There's a pretty good chance the cultist will not survive this.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

7. - Top - End - #1357

[Galadriel's Gladiators Territory]

Oh! Gun! Ice magic maybe?
    This might get exciting?
    It's a little sad that she already prepared for electricity but...yeah. She hopes they're really jumpy.

"Oh, it's just a purse," Viviane says. "Not much in there. Just got jumped by some people back there." She points back in the direction she came from.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

8. - Top - End - #1358
    Troll in the Playground

Shivernight Manor

"I was her favorite. She gave me greatness. I regret everything." The prisoner shakes angrily and says coldly to Bluefoot. "Don't. Ever. Fail. Her. You'll be me. Mind gone, family gone, home gone, everything. No one deals with the Queen of Poison. No matter what you think."

My Nexus characters

9. - Top - End - #1359
    Ghost in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post

Stahlar Eclipse

Fidelia raises an eyebrow as Elizabe- err Eclipse fumbles at providing a psuedonym. Lying certainly isn't her strong suit, at least when not behind a keyboard. She doesn't comment on it though, even if she does note it. "Okay. Do you know where you're headed?" Probably not. Searching for someone can be kind of difficult that way.

[Admitting to a Falsi-Fi-cation]

Sighing, Elizabeth realised that she might as well come clean. She already knew it was obvious she was lying, and seeing Fidelia raise her eyebrow only confirmed that. And she had let so much of it slip before her hasty 'correction' that the woman definitely what her name was. So why keep lying and raising distrust?

"Okay, so, yeah, Clearly uhh... my actual name is Elizabeth. And clearly I gave that away. Look, I just 'aint used to doing this kinda thing in person, and even though you're helping me out, it err, still didn't feel like a good idea to someone I sorta accidentally stalked.. So, um, sorry for the lie. As for where I gotta head, to be honest I don't even know anymore. I've just been watching some of the slightly more reputable public areas trying to find this woman."
    Last edited by Meowmai; 2020-11-26 at 05:29 AM.

10. - Top - End - #1360

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Back to the Ship

"Sure. My sister'll take 'em there. She's got a good head on her shoulders, and has a better idea of how to use that rifle than the others. I'll stick with you, just gotta reclaim me guns. They won't last long without me, anyway." With that rather unusual statement, she walks off, taking the pistols from the girls and putting them back under her coat.

The tech-priestess hovers up, holding a strange gun. It's bronze-coloured, with a domed top over a slowly rotating horizontal blade. A mechanism underneath the blade holds others, ready to load the next into the firing chamber after the trigger is pulled. It's sized for human- or human-like- hands, although it looks odd in the tech-priestess' mechanical limbs, and if Minerva takes it when offered, the grip is comfortable and ergonomic in a way it probably wouldn't be, if made for an aeldari- though the design may seem similar, the blade is too large, already spinning, and none of them possess a monomolecular edge. They're sharp enough to cut through skin and flesh, but dull enough that they bounce off metal or stone instead of embedding in it.
    Back to the Ship

Everything here seemed to be tainted somehow no matter how normal it looked so Minerva wouldn't be surprised if the gunslinger hid a few secrets of her own. Or perhaps there was a perfectly rational explanation for that statement.

But either way, Minerva had far more important things to worry about right now. Right what to do with this weapon for one.

She takes it and gives it a quick inspection. Was she still able to use it even with her fingers covered in power armor?
    "Do you believe this weapon is more effective than my bolter?" She asks the priest of gears. "I do need a backup weapon in case I run out of shells but if it's effective enough I could use up it's clips first." She pauses and looks up at the priest. "Which brings me to my second question, how much ammunition do you have for it?"
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2020-11-26 at 08:09 AM.

11. - Top - End - #1361
    Orc in the Playground

Cultist Hunting

There's a slight explosion as the heat detonates the last bullets in the cultist's gun, and a short, pained scream. He can't do anything to save himself, and is cooked and burnt alive.

Galadriel's Gladiators Territory

"Hand over cash if you wanna pass. Or jewellery. Else turn 'round and go back where you came. Toll to enter, for non-elves." The elf with the icicle-sword says, gesturing with the ice-weapon at where Viviane came from, in case she chooses not to pay the toll. "If y'can't pay the toll, and wish to enter anyway, then... Maybe we can have another arrangement. Nice shirt you got there. Want in, cash or the shirt." I'm not sure if Viviane can take the shirt off, but... she could probably disagree and fight these guys, if she wants.

Shivernight Manor

"So I shouldn't fail her. Not that I have much to lose, of all you list, I have one of them. Any other advice to give me?" Bluefoot puts her hand on the door, ready to close it. She's not sure there's much else he can tell her that she can use.

Back to the Ship

"No. Not superior to a bolter. The discs, when charged to explode, lack a bolter's penetration power, and if they aren't charged to explode they are less destructive. An interesting weapon, however. It's a human design, no sign of xenos or heretical influences, but not a weapon I've seen or even heard of before." She's also a little mistaken- the ripperjack, which is what this weapon is, is a refinement of the ripper, which is a human weapon based on the razorjack, which was designed by the xenos skaarj. "The crew are ready to ride; do you want more soldiers to help us? I see the girls you brought with you are leaving. I can put out another call if you desire."

12. - Top - End - #1362

Not really any cash here.
    Also, her shirt. Definitely not. She's not the type to strut around in just an undershirt.
    The only jewelry she has is...definitely not something she's going to give away. Unless...
    Well, it's not like it matters. She doesn't want to go through. She wants one of them to throw the first punch, and to do so in a way that she can't get blamed for. If she just tries to push through, then it arguably would be her fault. She needs some way to provoke them.

Maybe she could change her ears? Make them pointier, claim to be a half-elf and then try to push through.
    But...
    if they're actually okay with half-elves, then that completely will fail. What she needs to do is provoke them. And the best way to provoke someone, she thinks, is to...

"Oh, so you're that way," she says. Viviane swishes her hair back and looks past the elf talking to her like he's trash that doesn't even deserve to be looked at. "No wonder y'all have so many illegitimate children and separated parents." C'mon, take the bait.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

13. - Top - End - #1363
    Troll in the Playground

Shivernight Manor

"Spare the child." The prisoner falls silent, expecting the door to be shut and Bluefoot gone before he can say any more.

Blackheart Street

"Eat corpses. I found a forgotten graveyard outside town." It's not as good as live people, but much more humane. "I don't let what I am get in the way of who I am, and who I am is not a killer."
    Last edited by bc56; 2020-11-26 at 10:23 PM.

My Nexus characters

14. - Top - End - #1364

[Cultist Hunting]

Her grim task done, the seraphim slips back outside of reality.

The glassy patch of sand will continue boiling for a few minutes yet.

Then? Just a matter of returning to the ship and hitching a ride! Hopefully Zee will make it back before they leave. If she doesn't then that means she's going to have to go to spaaaaaaace all on her own. Which she has definitely done before. Specifically when she was visiting the MAGFLEET! But if she's forced to head up to the ship in orbit all on her own then that might lead to questions from the 40k folks that she would prefer not to answer. Mostly because 40k folks tend to get really shooty when asking questions that may touch on the subject of heresy.

Anywho!

Awaaaaaay!

[Blackheart Street]

"Oh, you're doing the ghoul thing. That isn't bad. There are a few haunted graveyards that keep spitting up ghosts Outside that are worth visiting, too,"
    Smoke replies amiably. "Look, I get you. I understand. I was exactly where you used to be. The hunger just keeps getting worse and worse and eventually the ancient dead just don't cut it on their own anymore. So I figure if I'm going to do something terrible I can at least do it in a way that helps. It's better than losing control and hurting someone innocent."

Speaking of?

Smoke is totally going to eat those dead orcs.

But maybe...

"You know what? Why don't you help yourself to one of my kills. They're already dead. You didn't kill them. In fact, you made an effort to try to stop me, so there's no reason to deny yourself. You'll feel a lot better afterward."

15. - Top - End - #1365

Back to the Ship

"So it's archeotech?" Minerva prods. Archeotech could be at least as heretical as xenocraft but she doubted it was in this case. It just felt better to be able to put all these strange things into familiar categories.

Again, there were greater concerns at the moment.

"But let's make another call then and see who or what turns up. That should give Zee enough time to return and we can't leave without her anyway." She was the one that could turn this this around in their favor. No matter how well-defended the trade vessel was few things could prepare for the unpredictableness of a powerful psyker.

"We're leaving after that though. Once Zee is here and ready to leave we'll take off in the matter of hours."

16. - Top - End - #1366
    Orc in the Playground

Galdriel's Gladiators Territory

"Ye're elfy? Why didn't you say? Go on through. You lookin' for your elfpapa? Ask in the coffee house on the corner, there. You name your mum, somebody'd probably be able to find him." The snow elf's icicle disappears and he walks back to the wall, leaning against it once more as the other two follow.

Shivernight Manor

Well, Bluefoot wasn't considering threatening any children, so... The guy's mad, that she knew, and that's not very useful information. Not without knowing the specific child, anyway. He's closed up and the door locked, and Ananais is left in the dark with no food, water or company.

Bluefoot has to prep the other room and the dungeon for when Sylvester arrives, and keep work going on the rest of the house as well. There's a lot to do, really.

Blackheart Street

Speaking of dead orcs, the ones that weren't dead have now gotten up and fled- except one, who is still unconscious. Probably not good for their long-term survival. The Thaylen is also walking off, and all the bodies are missing their knives, boots, and most of their personal effects- except the one in the kyldren alley, which is still there and lying dead. Also still there is a dumpster further down, which might be worth checking out for a bit of proactive pest control.

Cultist Hunting

Nobody sees Zee leave. In a few days, somebody will come by this way and take the motorbike away to sell or break up for parts. The glass will remain, however.

Back to the Ship

"Not directly, no. Analysis shows they were constructed within the last five years, and we have five of these guns. If they are archeotech, that would be nearly unheard of. They may have been copied from an archeotech schematic or a secret STC unknown to the Adeptus Mechanicus, however." Or they were designed by another universe's humans for tunnel and corridor figthing.

Another vox message goes out, calling for human warriors, soldiers and mercenaries. They'll come, too. At the least, a group of Gunners arrives. The wear battered combat armour and fatigues, with their blood group tattooed on their foreheads, and mostly carry semi-automatic solid-shot rifles. There's fifteen of them, and the exceptions are a conscript with a double-barrelled shotgun, the leader who carries a Ripper chainsword and a laser rifle, and one who carries a flamethrower. Other mercenaries might show up too, if someone else wants to play them.

17. - Top - End - #1367
    Troll in the Playground

Blackheart Street

"I don't have to wait that long. I have a plan to get cured. Be human again, really human. I can see about helping you too. Or any other kumiho that wants it." Jade's serious. She can get a steady, if slow, supply of icons from Zee to save these people.

Shivernight Manor

A few days later, a band of heavily armed cultists should break into the home of Sylvester, the man Bluefoot wanted captured. Their goal is to take the slumlord alive and bring him to Sapphira, who will take him to Bluefoot.

My Nexus characters

18. - Top - End - #1368

[Blackheart Street]

Smoke seems...

Genuinely shocked by that statement?

"That's impossible. There's no way to be human again. The thing about going a thousand days without eating someone is a lie. I tried," he counters.

He probably doesn't know about the Icon thing. Even Zee didn't so that probably isn't much of a shock.

[Back to the Ship]

And then, quite abruptly, Zee will come running around a corner, holding her hat with one hand so it doesn't escape.

"I got the last cultist! I'm ready to go!" she shouts as she moves to jog aboard the ship. Upon climbing on she'll look around at all the interesting and intimidating new people who have arrived! "Wow, we've got quite the crew haven't we? You guys ready to blast some creepy aliens slash cultists?"

That's as opposed to any non-creepy aliens that might be deciding to help them.

Totally different category there.

19. - Top - End - #1369

[Galadriel's Gladiators Territory]

No!
    It completely backfired!
    She wanted to provoke them, but it backfired!
    All she wanted was an honest fight, but then vigilantes had to intervene! And these are actually decent people! Why couldn't she just run into terrible people?
    Viviane's ears become slightly pointier to fit with this new situation. Not noticeably so, just...slightly more so. So that, in case anybody looked, they might think, 'yeah I could see her being half-elf or something."

Viviane smiles and thanks him. Yeah, she'll head into the coffee house, she tells him.
    Also.
    She asks, "Also, did a woman come by this way? She looks like..." She gives a description of the elf woman who might have dropped the stolen purse. "Saw some slavers choke her, wanted to make sure she's alright."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

20. - Top - End - #1370
    Orc in the Playground

They're decent once they thought Viviane had elf blood. Until that point, they were trying to extort money to let her pass.

"Yep. She went to the coffee house. This is a safe place for all with elf blood. We make sure of it. She's had a scare of some kind, so the Ancestor will give her a free coffee. Chances are, you'd have to pay for a drink, but it won't be much, most likely." Pay what you can, it seems.

Rickety Tenement 42

Sylvester's gang are determined to fight off the incursion, and they know the tenement far better than the attackers do- there's a couple surprises here and there, where they go from one apartment to another without entering the central stairwell or even change floors through external scaffolding or secret holes in floors and ceilings. However, the gang is relatively small- there's only about thirty gangers, defending a building of fifteen storeys. And they're very poorly armed, with no armour. Their ranged weapons are limited to homemade crossbows and muskets, with a few shotguns and revolvers made from scavenged materials. Sylvester's room is in the middle, and he's got the only automatic gun in the whole building- an antique Sten submachine gun. The cultists might take some casualties, but they're (probably) better trained and equipped, especially if they've been involved in gang warfare on the flying city itself.

21. - Top - End - #1371

If they weren't decent, then they probably would have started fighting an 'unarmed' woman.

"Yeah. Thanks," Viviane says. She goes to the coffee house. "'ll make sure she's alright."

While going in that direction, she sneakily removes the Riverside woman's purse from the bag and hides it - the same place she put that knife from the orc.

Once she gets there, she looks around for the lady.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

22. - Top - End - #1372
    Orc in the Playground

Galadriel's Gladiators Territory- Coffeehouse

So does Viviane want a fight or to get beaten up?

Inside the coffee house are quite a few tables, a counter, and a décor that is very much '1950s American diner', with padded vinyl seats and neon lights. The staff are a pair of half-elf twins, currently behind the counter, wearing matching red dresses and white aprons. There's also a short and very slender full elf waitress wearing one rollerskate; she has very good balance and uses it like a scooter.

The customers include the elf that escaped slavery, currently sat at a table opposite a very old elf with a lined and craggy face, dark brown eyes, drooping ears and silver-white hair that cascades down his back. There's also a male elf with antlers, though one has broken and his nose has been cut off; he wears a green leather tunic and has a sword. A very nearly naked female elf wearing metal arm bands and a long silk loincloth sips from a mug of coffee, her hair shaved into a long crest dyed with dried blood, and she rests a hand on an ornate dagger even as she drinks.

23. - Top - End - #1373
    Troll in the Playground

Blackheart Street

Jade shakes her head. "I've done it too. But no, there is a way. You need an Empyrean Icon aligned with Matter." She nods. "Should be just a quick quest to get one. I have a source who can locate them."

Rickety Tenement 42

The cultists are armed with submachine guns and simple body armor. A couple of them are taken down by the guards, but they manage to reach Sylvester, at which point their leader threatens him at gunpoint. He's overpowered and outnumbered, he should surrender or die. A bluff, but one told from a position of power.

My Nexus characters

24. - Top - End - #1374

Galadriel's Gladiators Territory- Coffeehouse

Viviane wants a messy brawl that gets her heart racing and her blood pumping, that spikes adrenaline and that she doesn't know what will happen, that will let her burn off the monotony and stress of raising a baby, that she won't feel any guilt afterwards, and that maybe she'll learn some new fighting techniques or figure out the effectiveness of different things in different situations.

It's a lot to ask for, I know.
    She expected to leave this feeling disappointed.
    But a girl can still hope, right?

Since this whole trip was a bust, Viviane figures she might as well get this over with quickly instead of delaying.
    She takes the bag (minus the purse, of course) off her shoulder and places it on the table. She interjects herself into the conversation between that elf and the very old elf. "Hey, was this yours? Didn't seem like the style of any of those orcs, or that guy who was taking anything he could get his hands on."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

25. - Top - End - #1375
    Orc in the Playground

Galadriel's Gladiators Coffeehouse

"Yes, thank you. I've... not had it long. Those supers won, then?" In Skyside, it's often hard to tell the difference between a hero, a vigilante and a villain. It often depends on whom they target, how they make their money and how far they go, and the Guild finds itself in conflict with all three at times.

She opens the bag and has a look through it, making sure her food is still there. She doesn't comment on the lack of the purse and the associated money. Really, wasn't expecting any of it back; the money is a small price to pay for that. The old elf nods at Viviane, and waves the waitress elf over. "Have a drink. On me. Generosity is rare enough it should be rewarded."

Rickety Tenement 42

Sylvester does surrender, tossing the Stengun down and following it with a bowie knife and a revolver. He'll follow them until he's handed over, accepting pretty much anything the cultists choose to do- blindfold, hands tied, etc. Not a gag, he'll fight that. The surviving gangers won't fight, if there's even any left.

26. - Top - End - #1376

Viviane nods: "They did," she confirms. "And then, some...thing showed up and they both chased after it." She's not really sure what was down that alley, but it sounded pretty awful judging by the scream she heard.

She nods back at the elderly elf and sits: it would be really rude to decline. "Think nothing of it; anyone would have done the same if they had the chance, and I just had the fortune to see which direction she ran."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

27. - Top - End - #1377
    Troll in the Playground

Rickety Tenement 42

The cultists bind Sylvester and carry him back to a shack in the outskirts of Groundtown, where Sapphira is waiting to teleport him up to Shivernight Manor.

They leave their three dead behind, two men and a woman. They have no ID and the only identifying items are black metal coins, minted with a five-pointed star on one side and a flame on the other. Each of them have one.

My Nexus characters

28. - Top - End - #1378
    Orc in the Playground

"I hope they're OK. Not everyone would step in against the Guild." She frowns, but has no intent on investigating.

"You are modest, and value your actions too little. Those who do as you did are rarer than you think, though I try to encourage it in my followers here." Viviane finds herself with a mug of coffee anyway.

Rickety Tenement 42

The survivors of the gang and those who live in the Tenement are far more interested in the armour, guns and clothing of the dead cultists than the coins, although they're taken too. The people here are poor, and now Sylvester's gone, someone else will take over. Probably one of those with a new gun and the least damaged body armour. They'll try to spend the coins, and anything they can't use they'll sell for stuff they can. Mostly food.

29. - Top - End - #1379
    Troll in the Playground

Rickety Tenement 42

The coins are worthless except for scrap value, and no one will recognize them as cult insignia without a great deal of occult knowledge. The arms and armor are ordinary and nonmagical, and function as expected.

Sapphira greets Sylvester with mock warmness, then grabs him and the pair forcibly teleport away. If all goes well, they should appear in the unoccupied prison cell in Shivernight Manor.

My Nexus characters

30. - Top - End - #1380

"One of them seemed to be intentionally targeting the Guild so I assume they knew what they were getting in to," Vivane says. She shrugs, and grabs the coffee in front of her. She drinks some.

"Well," she says, thinking about it a little, "I'm sure if I was in need, I wouldn't have bothered trying to find you," she says. "But, for now, I suppose I have most of what I need." She drinks some more.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.