New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 223738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1493
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Skyside 6: Return of the Cheddar

Rickety Tenement 42 --> Shivernight Manor

The surviving gangers will probably keep the coins not as scrap, but to palm them off as fakes. Nobody's likely to notice, as the Nexus has a weird relationship with currency. A man with paper notes from a Monopoly set won't be stopped, if he spends them with enough confidence.

When Sapphira and Sylvester arrive, the cell has been slightly renovated, mostly in that the mould has been cleaned away and the mattress on the floor is new. The door is open, and sat drawing on the rack in the torture chamber is a halfling girl, with reddish-brown skin, black hair in many braids down her back and dark purple eyes. She's wearing a sheer white dress and nothing underneath, and drawing on a piece of paper. When she sees Sapphira, she gets down and runs to fetch her mistress, who will be down shortly. Bluefoot is wearing a very fine emerald-green silk gown, quite low-cut and with a slit at the side, and she holds a small clear glass bottle. "Ah! Sapphira! You surprised me. I'm glad I had Silkyfingers keeping watch."

Galadriel's Gladiators Coffeehouse

"Oh, well that's good at the very least. If they knew what they're getting into, they probably know how to handle any retaliation." And both Smoke and Athena (well, Jason is) are already on the Guild's watch list of known meddlers.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Troll in the Playground

Shivernight Manor

"Ah, Bluefoot. This is the one you wanted? How has our other guest fared?" Sapphira shuts the door on Sylvester, locking him in. She's already looking in Ananias' cell just to be sure of what the answer is.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

3. - Top - End - #1383
    Bugbear in the Playground

Viviane sits there, drinking in silence for a few moments.

Then,
    "Ha. Figures, I take a break from raising a baby, and I run into that." Sure, she was kind-of looking for it, but it's still something to comment on.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

4. - Top - End - #1384
    Orc in the Playground

"Oh, you and I don't have anything to worry about. The supers will get all the attention, they were the ones who intervened and let us get away." And they're relatively anonymous, anyway. The Guild wasn't able to gather any information about them out, except what Viviane and the elf were wearing, and that can change. Most of the orcs weren't able to get away, and they'll be more interested in relaying the tactics and abilities displayed by Smoke and Athena.

Shivernight Manor

"He should still be there. I confess, I haven't been to check, but I've had one of the girls down here since your last visit, and none have tried to alert me of any odd goings on." If he's not still in there, Bluefoot will be shocked and surprised. The girl who was here when Sapphira arrived also arrives, holding a newcomer's hand and another glass bottle. The newcomer is another halfling, with very pale skin, vivid red hair and bright green eyes, wearing a human-sized white t-shirt and some shackles about her wrists. She looks quite shocked at where she is, and gulps, but Bluefoot hasn't noticed yet.

5. - Top - End - #1385
    Troll in the Playground

Shivernight Manor

Luckily for Bluefoot, he is still there. "Very good. Shall I leave you and our guest to have a chat? Or is there anything else you'd like to talk with me about?"

My Nexus characters

6. - Top - End - #1386

Oh!
    This might be the perfect opportunity for her to ask an actual elf how their Elven Fleshshaping Magic is supposed to work! So far, she's been going off entirely from folklore and stories for use in her half-elf disguise, and now she has actual elves to ask about it.

Viviane takes another sip of her drink.

Actually, thinking better of it, it's supposed to be something that elves innately know.
    If she asks about it, that would out her as not a real part-elf, which could be bad in this area.

"Well, since she's on my mind, I suppose I should head back to make sure my daughter isn't terrorizing her babysitter." And, on the way back, take a pit stop at Riverside to return the purse and get a gift for her secretary as thanks for how awesome she is
    She finishes the drink, and stands.

"Glad you're alright," she tells the woman, before leaving the coffeehouse.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

7. - Top - End - #1387
    Orc in the Playground

Shivernight Manor

"There is something I would like you to see first, Sapphira." Bluefoot turns around, and holds her hand out to Silkyfingers, who hands the bottle over. The helfling addresses the chained halfling as she puts one bottle down and opens the other, pulling out a silver stopper. "What's your name, my dear?"
    The halfling gulps and curtseys, looking down as she replies. "Bunnytickle, miss. Bunnytickle Giggletooth. I'll serve, miss. Willingly, if you ke-" The girl keeps talking, but no sound comes from her mouth, and as she works her lips she looks shocked. Sapphira might note the sealed bottle now swirls with grey mist.
    "I know halflings, Bunnytickle. You'd escape as soon as you thought I wasn't looking, and I can't have that. You've seen Miss Sapphira, here, and I would like my links to her to remain secret. So I've caught your voice in this bottle, and if you run away I'll smash it and you'll remain mute forever. Don't think about stealing it, either. You won't be able to open it, only I can do that. You'll behave, because I'll punish you if you don't. Probably not down here- too much work. No, I'll put your sense of smell in a bottle, seal it with special wax and put it in the cess pit for an hour. Or a week. I've done it to Silkyfingers, there. The other two are Blisswhistle and Applesniffer. And if you serve well, I'll reward you. More clothes, art supplies to decorate your cell, maybe even a shopping trip. Nod if you understand." The horrified-looking new slave nods rather desperately. "Good. Silky, free Bunny's wrists, get her washed and show her to one of the cells."

Once the two full-blooded halflings have left, Bluefoot turns to Sapphira and curtseys. "That's my most powerful trick, but I have other sound-magic, too. I am willing to help you with my gift, if you have a purpose for it. This bottle is for Sylvester; I'll seal it with wax. It's not a perfect seal for what I store in these bottles, so his voice will be able to escape- when he shouts, or screams."

8. - Top - End - #1388
    Troll in the Playground

Shivernight Manor

Sapphira smiles cruelly at the muted slave. "Very good. You wish to serve my cause. Would you like to become greater?" Power sparks along Sapphira's outstretched hand. "All you have to do is take my hand."

My Nexus characters

9. - Top - End - #1389
    Orc in the Playground

Shivernight Manor

Bluefoot thinks a moment. Yes, actually. She would like to be greater. She's got more than she'd ever dreamed of already, but she's starting to get a hunger for more.

She's a little disappointed it's only a hand, but... Well, it's Sapphira's. She reaches up, and takes the archfiend's hand with her own smaller one.

10. - Top - End - #1390
    Troll in the Playground

Shivernight Manor

Sapphira closes her hand over Bluefoot's. Her claws scrape across the helfling's palm and draw a thin line of blood. Then she cuts her own, black ichor dripping out and mingling with Bluefoot's blood. Then everything goes black. Bluefoot sleeps for an eternity. When she awakens, it's only been a couple seconds. Sapphira releases her grip. Power flows through Bluefoot. Not a lot, not yet. But her own magic is enhanced, and she'll find she has new magic as well (although it will take practice to properly use). She can conjure fire and twist minds. "And so we bind, my spark to your spark, my blood to your blood, my power to your power."

My Nexus characters

11. - Top - End - #1391
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    Manor Lab

"I came here because I was under the impression I merely needed a demon's curse lifted. I wasn't aware of the possibility I didn't need a physical body until one hundred and ninety-six seconds ago." Anri does not comment that the only reason that she hasn't left by now is that Tellysandra turned around and told her after her months of service that the curse couldn't be broken after all, then tried to sucker her into a new job in a field she has zero interest in to pay for the second-rate solution she didn't ask for.
    "I assure you Lady Tellysandra that you have little to worry about. When all is said and done I'm sure my powers can recoup the losses that the body has incurred, regardless of whether or not I'm in it. I think that would be a better alternative to acting as Nora's permanent assistant given my lack of training. Speaking of which, considering that my powers have been proven to have flesh-warping capabilities, it might be easier if I merely inhabit the body for a few moments, then someone can make a wish to get me my own separate one. That way I have what I want and you still have your expensive cyber-body to do whatever you want with." That is to say, "heck no I am not working here and will be 100% done with all of this the absolute moment I'm free."

Jinn's workshop

Sam frowns. He was under the impression that Jinn was in Skyside and not the Spire for a reason, especially when he let his counterpart go after the novelty wore off.
    "Yes, I'm a returning customer. We can come with you, under the agreement that both of us will be transported to the Spire and then back to a location specified by us when we're done." he says carefully.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Return to the Ship

Jinn's workshop

"Teleporting us, as you may call it." The drone corrects Alexia. "Since you are asking to be returned to a previous state are you not? If so, this drone is build to safely transport you to the other of our facilities. Once you are done with your business, return to my location within the city and I will return you back. Please be aware that you will only be allowed within the unsanctified sections of the city however. Only corporeal with special clearances are allowed within the sanctified parts."

Manor Lab

This was yet another reason Telly had sent a drone here. She had the feeling things would get emotional and she wanted to avoid potential radiation poisoning. After Nora's outburst there she might have to have some imps clean up the entire lab afterwards.

The speaker of the drone doesn't buzz to life right away but eventually Telly responds rather curtly. "Is Anri's solution alright with you, Dr. Nora? It's your project after all." They can hear her taking a sip of some drink.

Jinn's Workshop

Well, all this clarification and trying to be technical as if trying to word a Wish to a Monkey's Paw was certainly not providing confidence for the situation, and the elf's expression shows just how wary she was and how little she likes it. "Sam, I hope I don't regret this, but I'm ready whenever you and the drone are." She says, giving a nervous swallow and paranoid look around to make sure no one was coming to surround them in case this was a trap. "Let's just hurry and go though. I don't like this place. Surely wherever we're headed isn't so bad."

Manor Lab

Norael leans forward, fingers steepled as she considers the idea. Eventually she does come to a conclusion. "I am amenable to the idea, though there's a couple conditions to it I'd like to impose. The first is that I get my remaining wishes, should you be capable of providing them once the process is done, particularly since I'd be spending one to free you from your bindings. The second condition however is that I want to study you over an extended period of time. Actual doctorate thesis level of study." The angel twists her neck a bit, popping the joints as she sighs in relief. "Not just out of my own scientific curiosity either, though that's a fair chunk of it. I want to learn just how you work, how your magic works and where it comes from, and what would make you different than an angel like myself or demons or devils or elementals or fae. Could the methods of warlockery be used to summon Djinn for example?" She says the last for Tellysandra's benefit. Surely expanding the scope of beings she's able to control would be a worthwhile investment?

12. - Top - End - #1392
    Ogre in the Playground

Jinn's Workshop

Sam DID warn Alexia that they'd have to be careful to not have things go the way they did for him.
    "Yeah, that's fine. I know the layout of the place for the most part. Let's get on with it." Sam says dismissively with a wave of a hand.

Manor Lab

Anri stands as impassive as ever. Even if mentally she's reeling at the constant barrage of ways these people insist on extending this affair for as long as possible.
    "I will give you ten sessions. None more than a full day. And you may make your own personal wishes before you free me. I'm sure Lady Tellysandra has plenty of staff should we need more than three. Is that acceptable?" Were she not cursed she would probably find all of this much more comfortable and reasonable. But she's had quite enough of this carrot being dangled in front of her face and moved forward every minute.

13. - Top - End - #1393
    Orc in the Playground

Shivernight Manor

Bluefoot grimaces a little as her hand is cut, blood trickling down her flesh, before being mixed with Sapphira's own blood. She blacks out, and doesn't know how long for, but when she comes to the first thing she'll do is check the injury on her hand. The second is snap her fingers, creating a flame hovering above her finger. "Thank you, mistress. I'll serve you well." The first time the helfling has addressed Sapphira as such.

14. - Top - End - #1394
    Troll in the Playground

Shivernight Manor

"Do, and you shall be richly rewarded." Sapphira smiles. When Bluefoot checks her hand, she'll find no sign of injury. Instead, her hand is wrapped around a black metal coin, a star on one side, a flame on the other. "A sign of your devotion. To any who has one, you are a friend, and expected to show friendship in return."

My Nexus characters

15. - Top - End - #1395
    Orc in the Playground

Shivernight Manor

"I shall ensure it never leaves my side, mistress." The coin vanishes from Bluefoot's hand, though Sapphira might tell it's disappeared to a small pouch hidden in the helfling's sleeve. She doesn't keep much up there, since the sleeves aren't bulky enough to hide much. She's got a knife or two up there, though she couldn't fit one of the bottles she's prepared to store a voice in.

16. - Top - End - #1396
    Troll in the Playground

Shivernight Manor

"Excellent. I'll leave you and Sylvester to have some time alone together. I can't wait to see what you have in store for him!" Sapphira vanishes through a portal, but a sense of her presence remains lingering behind. She has her eyes on Bluefoot.

My Nexus characters

17. - Top - End - #1397
    Orc in the Playground

Shivernight Manor

Now she's alone- albeit watched- Bluefoot grins and looks around. She opens the cell where Sylvester remains, and smiles. He opens his mouth, starts to speak, and Bluefoot closes the bottle she holds, pushing a glob of blood-coloured wax into the neck and holding it to her ear and grins. She produced a knife from her other sleeve, and holds the blade at Sylvester. "I'll shank you, and then you'll never get your voice back. Get on the rack, you bastard, and we'll hear you scream. Well, I will." The gangleader is a coward at heart, and does as bid.

Once he's on the rack and Bluefoot's strapped him down, she pulls the red torture curtain.

18. - Top - End - #1398

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Meowmai View Post
    [Admitting to a Falsi-Fi-cation]

Sighing, Elizabeth realised that she might as well come clean. She already knew it was obvious she was lying, and seeing Fidelia raise her eyebrow only confirmed that. And she had let so much of it slip before her hasty 'correction' that the woman definitely what her name was. So why keep lying and raising distrust?

"Okay, so, yeah, Clearly uhh... my actual name is Elizabeth. And clearly I gave that away. Look, I just 'aint used to doing this kinda thing in person, and even though you're helping me out, it err, still didn't feel like a good idea to someone I sorta accidentally stalked.. So, um, sorry for the lie. As for where I gotta head, to be honest I don't even know anymore. I've just been watching some of the slightly more reputable public areas trying to find this woman."

Meowt of Her Element

Oh. Well, that complicates things. Fidelia kind of expected it, but it's still kind of surprising. Skyside was pretty heckin' big, way bigger than kind of places where it was actually feasible to effectively cover all the public areas on your own two feet. Maybe Liz just wasn't used to cities and still needed to wrap her head around a few aspects like that.

"Well uh, you can find people who'll say what they've seen for a coin or two, but maybe narrow your leads down a little first?" A beat. "Like, uh, I dunno tech stuff really, but maybe you could figure out where she visits with her social media, or track her phone?" Fi never really had the means nor the interest to eff around with sites like MagSpace or Warbler, but she'd still managed to learn about the concept of doxxing. Kind of important to know when your roommate* has to worry about zombie hunters tracking her down and bursting through the window at night.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

19. - Top - End - #1399

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Back to the Ship

"Not directly, no. Analysis shows they were constructed within the last five years, and we have five of these guns. If they are archeotech, that would be nearly unheard of. They may have been copied from an archeotech schematic or a secret STC unknown to the Adeptus Mechanicus, however." Or they were designed by another universe's humans for tunnel and corridor figthing.

Another vox message goes out, calling for human warriors, soldiers and mercenaries. They'll come, too. At the least, a group of Gunners arrives. The wear battered combat armour and fatigues, with their blood group tattooed on their foreheads, and mostly carry semi-automatic solid-shot rifles. There's fifteen of them, and the exceptions are a conscript with a double-barrelled shotgun, the leader who carries a Ripper chainsword and a laser rifle, and one who carries a flamethrower. Other mercenaries might show up too, if someone else wants to play them.
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post
    Jinn's Workshop

Well, all this clarification and trying to be technical as if trying to word a Wish to a Monkey's Paw was certainly not providing confidence for the situation, and the elf's expression shows just how wary she was and how little she likes it. "Sam, I hope I don't regret this, but I'm ready whenever you and the drone are." She says, giving a nervous swallow and paranoid look around to make sure no one was coming to surround them in case this was a trap. "Let's just hurry and go though. I don't like this place. Surely wherever we're headed isn't so bad."

Manor Lab

Norael leans forward, fingers steepled as she considers the idea. Eventually she does come to a conclusion. "I am amenable to the idea, though there's a couple conditions to it I'd like to impose. The first is that I get my remaining wishes, should you be capable of providing them once the process is done, particularly since I'd be spending one to free you from your bindings. The second condition however is that I want to study you over an extended period of time. Actual doctorate thesis level of study." The angel twists her neck a bit, popping the joints as she sighs in relief. "Not just out of my own scientific curiosity either, though that's a fair chunk of it. I want to learn just how you work, how your magic works and where it comes from, and what would make you different than an angel like myself or demons or devils or elementals or fae. Could the methods of warlockery be used to summon Djinn for example?" She says the last for Tellysandra's benefit. Surely expanding the scope of beings she's able to control would be a worthwhile investment?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    Jinn's Workshop

Sam DID warn Alexia that they'd have to be careful to not have things go the way they did for him.
    "Yeah, that's fine. I know the layout of the place for the most part. Let's get on with it." Sam says dismissively with a wave of a hand.

Manor Lab

Anri stands as impassive as ever. Even if mentally she's reeling at the constant barrage of ways these people insist on extending this affair for as long as possible.
    "I will give you ten sessions. None more than a full day. And you may make your own personal wishes before you free me. I'm sure Lady Tellysandra has plenty of staff should we need more than three. Is that acceptable?" Were she not cursed she would probably find all of this much more comfortable and reasonable. But she's had quite enough of this carrot being dangled in front of her face and moved forward every minute.
    Back to the Ship

((We should probably just post for Zee returning to the ship in case anyone else wishes to join.

Regardless if they do or not however, the last thing should probably be of Zee and Minerva meeting up to discuss their strategy before going off to fight the Tyranid-infested ship.))

Minerva will take a closer look at the weapon. "Interesting and acceptable. I prefer flame weapons but this will do."

She will however insist on trying it out in some kind of shooting range if there's one on board the ship, just to see what it can do.

Manor Lab

Silence from Telly's drone until it suddenly buzzes up at the last moment. "Uh... yeah, is it?" Then back to silence.

Jinn's Workshop

"If you wish this unit could set up a timer where you will be brought back here at a specific time. With the possibility of declining at the set time of course." The drone offers as it seems to detect their hesitation, or perhaps it's simply programmed to make such an offer?

Either way and regardless if they accept this proposal they will shortly be teleported to Gale Spire afterwards (Which I will post for in my next seaside post).

20. - Top - End - #1400
    Orc in the Playground

Liftoff!

No aliens, Zee. With one exception, all the people aboard the vessel are human. Well, humanish. One's a human-descended abhuman ratling, and another is from a low-gravity world and requires a support frame to stand and move in this standard gravity.

The antique diver, cosmonaut, Militarum vet and low-grav person all take positions as determined by the tech-priestess and strap in, preparing to launch. Her voice comes over the intercom, asking everyone to strap in and hold on tight. The Gunners and other crew do so; the ratling is holding on with one hand, the other hand holding a roast partridge leg that he's chewing on, quite unconcerned. The Gunners and Gunslinger haven't been to space before, and are notably more worried. One is space-sick.

SPAAAAAAAACE!

It's a bumpy ride up, and the crew are panicking a little, but trying not to let it show. There's about five seconds after they enter orbit where the power cuts out, and it's dark and the artificial gravity cuts out. The ratling is the only one who isn't too worried at that point, just still eating. The tech-priestess manages to get things back in working order, however, and they rocket off to the Hammer of Finance. Assuming Zee and Minerva are on the bridge, they can hear the tech-priestess' words through the intercom from the engine-chapel. "This is odd. I am not picking up any vox transmissions from the vessel. Not even trace transmissions from one deck to another." As they approach, the Rogue Trader vessel grows in the windscreen (spacescreen?) as the shuttle is driven towards a docking bay.

Zee might not be able to tell, I don't know how far she can read world-lines, but... there's not many on the ship. Far less than their should be.

21. - Top - End - #1401
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Spaaaaace!]

Zee appears to be mostly unbothered by the lack of gravity if only because gravity is, strictly speaking, kind of optional to begin with. It's easier to play along but does she really HAVE to? Sometimes it's the best course of action. As is typically the case with Zee, she'll be cheerfully introducing herself to the various spacers and mercs piling into the craft, her cheery demeanor about as diametrically opposed to the Sister of Battle's as possible. Though as they get closer...

That ever present smile wilts a little.

"Hey miss tech priestess? How large is the crew on Hammer of Finance?"

She's pretty sure the answer should be LOTS! given that this ship is ginormous.

But lots doesn't appear to be answer right now.

The answer right now appears to be way less than lots.

Which means there has probably been a WHOLE LOT of killing going on recently.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

22. - Top - End - #1402

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Liftoff!

No aliens, Zee. With one exception, all the people aboard the vessel are human. Well, humanish. One's a human-descended abhuman ratling, and another is from a low-gravity world and requires a support frame to stand and move in this standard gravity.

The antique diver, cosmonaut, Militarum vet and low-grav person all take positions as determined by the tech-priestess and strap in, preparing to launch. Her voice comes over the intercom, asking everyone to strap in and hold on tight. The Gunners and other crew do so; the ratling is holding on with one hand, the other hand holding a roast partridge leg that he's chewing on, quite unconcerned. The Gunners and Gunslinger haven't been to space before, and are notably more worried. One is space-sick.

SPAAAAAAAACE!

It's a bumpy ride up, and the crew are panicking a little, but trying not to let it show. There's about five seconds after they enter orbit where the power cuts out, and it's dark and the artificial gravity cuts out. The ratling is the only one who isn't too worried at that point, just still eating. The tech-priestess manages to get things back in working order, however, and they rocket off to the Hammer of Finance. Assuming Zee and Minerva are on the bridge, they can hear the tech-priestess' words through the intercom from the engine-chapel. "This is odd. I am not picking up any vox transmissions from the vessel. Not even trace transmissions from one deck to another." As they approach, the Rogue Trader vessel grows in the windscreen (spacescreen?) as the shuttle is driven towards a docking bay.

Zee might not be able to tell, I don't know how far she can read world-lines, but... there's not many on the ship. Far less than their should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Spaaaaace!]

Zee appears to be mostly unbothered by the lack of gravity if only because gravity is, strictly speaking, kind of optional to begin with. It's easier to play along but does she really HAVE to? Sometimes it's the best course of action. As is typically the case with Zee, she'll be cheerfully introducing herself to the various spacers and mercs piling into the craft, her cheery demeanor about as diametrically opposed to the Sister of Battle's as possible. Though as they get closer...

That ever present smile wilts a little.

"Hey miss tech priestess? How large is the crew on Hammer of Finance?"

She's pretty sure the answer should be LOTS! given that this ship is ginormous.

But lots doesn't appear to be answer right now.

The answer right now appears to be way less than lots.

Which means there has probably been a WHOLE LOT of killing going on recently.
    [Spaaaaace!]

Minerva is quietly praying in her seat as the lack of gravity sets in and continues to do until the tech-priest speaks up. "Perhaps the Emperor have seen it fit to make them all kill one another. Should make our job much easier." She remarks casually, it wasn't like she could do anything about it after all.

23. - Top - End - #1403
    Orc in the Playground

SPAAAAAAAAAAACE!

"Approximately thirty-eight thousand crew. Why, do you sense something?" The techpriestess is still working the engineering room, and they're getting closer. Just a few thousand kilometres to go.

There's nowhere near that many life-signs on the ship. Well, there are, but... none human, not recognisably so. There's a few hundred abhuman mutants lurking in the bilges and between decks, in the recyclorium and other dark, dank, neglected spaces. In addition to the hullghasts, there's several other pest/vermin species living throughout the ship. There's also some full genestealers around, some on the ship's hull.

"Aiming for docking bay delta epsilon five x. I do not know what kind of reception we will get. Prepare for the worst and ready your weaponry." The shuttle flies into the docking bay and lands. It's a rough landing, and they're now inside the ship. Vid of the docking bay is piped onto viewscreens throughout the vessel, and the party can see what's outside. It's... quite messy. There's a shuttle nearby, the same model as this one, part way through some maintenance that will never be completed. The mechanics who had been working on it are dead, littered around the shuttle. There's no visible signs of injury, though the docking bay is currently depressurised and they aren't wearing life-support suits. "Please wait. I am connecting the to vessel's Machine Spirit to close the bay doors and repressurise this area. It will not take long."

Something moves nearby, something large with six limbs.

24. - Top - End - #1404

[SPAAAAAAAAACE!]

"It's what I'm not sensing that has me concerned," Zee replies, frowning. "Human minds. There aren't any human minds aboard this ship within my reach. None. At all."

Which is a problem, right?

Definitely a problem.

"The genestealers have turned this ship into a space hulk."

Which is understandable.

That's the adventure they first appeared in right?

Space Hulk!

Not to be confused with the Incredible Hulk since that's a different thing.

"We've got a four-armed friend lurking around in the hanger bay pretending to be sneaky," Zee says as she draws her tonfa as if they were pistols, the wooden weapons splitting apart into segments with burning starlight pulsing between them. "I haven't got a fix on exactly where it is, though. Be on guard."

Once the hanger bay is pressurized Zee will step out of the shuttle ready for an ambush.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2020-12-10 at 07:46 PM.

25. - Top - End - #1405

[SPAAAAAAAAACE!]

Minerva had a feeling that something was off, and not in the sense that the ships crew knew what had happened to the mutants on this vessel but that something else was wrong on board the ship. Perhaps their sins had finally caught up with them? She admitted that while it was good to punish the sinner sometimes it was more satisfying to see the sin punish them for their foolishness.

"They didn't even get to die as humans, such pity." Minerva comments, seeing little reason to not believe Zee at this point.
    She patiently waits for gravity to kick in before removing the harness and getting out of her seat. Ready to do battle the moment she was standing up.

As a sister of battle she would of course lead the charge which meant that she would employing her flamer. Normally she'd go with Seth's Justice as close combat was in order here but as she was leading she couldn't be standing in their line of fire. The idea was to use the flamer to keep the creatures at bay while the rest of the soldiers established a firing line and shot the xenos dead. As she was the only person in a power armor and there was limited space in here she would likely be alone on the front line for now, thus she had taken the freedom to convert one of the doors on board the shuttle into a make-shift shield. It was clumsy, sure, but with the strength of her power armor it could at least be moved and be enough to hold back the creatures a little while longer.

Thus, Minerva will be the first person out of the shuttle, pushing a door in front of her and holding a flamer in her other hand.

26. - Top - End - #1406
    Orc in the Playground

SPAAAAAAAAACE!

The Tech-Priest communes with the local Machine Spirit and the room is repressurised; she runs a scan on the atmosphere pumped back in, just to be on the safe side, and doesn't let anyone out until it's complete. There's no abnormalities in the air, no strange pollutants or unrecognised toxins. Just normal ship air, carrying a faint tang of metal, oil and decay.

The group disembarks, Minerva in first, then Zee and the Gunners, then the Gunslinger. The Ratling is shown the way to the roof hatch, and together they can look around the docking bay. It's a cavernous room, with enough space for five shuttles like theirs, though there's only three present, and one isn't actually a shuttle- it's a Navy fighter, in very poor condition, partially stripped down to the point an exact identification of the model is impossible. There's other vehicles, too; some fork-lift trucks, mostly with actual wheels or tracks to simplify maintenance, but there's another Sentinel like the one that was on the shuttle they stole in Skyside (except I'm pretty sure they left it behind, since nobody has the training to pilot one). There's also a monorail set into the floor at the far end, with a small train upon it. There's two flatbed cars, a lift and a cab on the single line. All the doors are still sealed by thick airlocks, even the two used by the monorail.

The gunners follow Minerva and Zee, movements sure and disciplined. They've never fought Genestealers before, however, so they aren't checking as high as they should. The genestealer howls, an eerie and almost-but-not-quite-human sound, reverberating and echoing across the metal chamber. The gunners pan the room, not noticing as it scuttles across the top of the other shuttle, the one closest to where the heroes parked their own, and it leaps down almost unnoticed. Almost, however, but not quite. The Gunslinger pulls out a pair of massive revolvers and dives to the ground, shooting at the xenos beast, even as a single well-placed shot from the Ratling's laslock burns out its left eye. The Gunslinger's bullets bite into the monster's armoured carapace as it grabs the nearest mercenary and rips their face off even as the rest of the mercenary squad open fire. Even if Zee and Minerva don't join in, the thing's dead, and collapses, its victim on his knees and holding their face on with bloody hands. The flamethrower didn't join in, too scared he'd hit his mates.

27. - Top - End - #1407

[SPAAAAAAACE!]

Oh boy that's quite the greeting, isn't it.

Not looking UP enough.

That's sufficient to draw Zee's attention, but the creature has already been dispatched by a fusillade of well-placed fire. Which is fine. Zee can focus her attention on other less killy things the all the killing has been dispensed already. She holsters her tonfa and heads straight for the injured man clutching his copiously bleeding face.

Honestly he's fortunate that those claws didn't make it through the bone and carve up his brain meats.

Zee had taken some time to study everyone on the way up. Get a feel for how they're put together just in case they have to be put back together. Which is exactly what she's going to aim to do here.

"Hold still, this will probably sting a little," she warns the injured solider as she reaches out to touch his face, a heavenly glow shrouding her hands in a nimbus of light.

Shape.
    Matter.

Reform that which is broken and restore that which is lost.

28. - Top - End - #1408

[SPAAAAAAACE!]

One causality already, not good.
    But if one xeno was climbing up behind them then so could more. In fact, it was odd that a single creature would attack on it's own. Weren't they part of some kind of collective?
    "There must be more, this was just a distraction." She remarks as she stops moving and looks around, making sure to look up and down. Couldn't even trust the floor underneath her feet in here. "Zee, can you tell where they are?"

29. - Top - End - #1409
    Orc in the Playground

SPAAAAAAAAAAAACE!

The claws missed his brain, passing through his nose, sinuses and the top of his mouth. Had the strike hit higher, it would have been far more fatal. Zee probably can fix it, however.

Most of the genestealers are elsewhere in the ship, in the cargo bay and crew quarters. There aren't any close by- but this is a docking bay. The railway at the far end as well as many of the other doors lead to crew quarters or the cargo bay. And to get to the Engineerium to destroy the vessel, they'll have to pass through some of the crew quarters.

The tech-priestess disembarks, hovering over and ignoring the injured man. She carries her arc pistol in one hand and an auspex in the other, scanning their surroundings. "No other lifesigns in this docking bay, I think. Thick metal interferes with the machine spirit." Such as the adamantium plates of the floor, walls, and ceiling, as well as the hull of the other shuttle and the steel sides of the cargo containers. She'll hover towards the nearest airlock, one of her mechadendrites snaking up from her spine and plugging into the door's interface and starting to open up. "I don't see any xenos on the other side. Wait! No, that's a cogroach. Very large one. Also a pair of dead crew. Not clear what killed them, however. This route bypasses most of the crew quarters, but is the longest. Hmm. Psyker, can you assess if there's any genestealers on the tracks of the monorail? That would be the fastest route, but I am saving it for our escape. Once we have sabotaged the atomic furnace, we will need to leave quickly." And if they use it to get there, chances are the genestealers will be blocking the route back and expecting the party to use it.

30. - Top - End - #1410
    Ghost in the Playground

[Fi-nding the Purrson of Interest]

"Well... that's the problem. Usually this would be easy for me, but she's not exactly active on social media. And I haven't exactly got the right stuff to track her phone, she's got damn good cybersecurity. I do know where she works, but I don't know her schedule and I haven't found a spot close enough to hang out around there without looking [fudging] suspicious. Once again, they've got extremely good security and I really cannot afford to be caught. Again. The area where I started following you... uh, that's the closest big public space to her work building. I was kinda just hoping I'd spot her there at somepoint."

Elizabeth started tapping at a band on her wrist, bringing up a holographic screen displaying a large building. "This is it. The company she works for, called Securo Corp. Lame name, I know. But yeah. That's why she's been so damn difficult to track, she works for a bloody security company."