New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Skyside 6: Return of the Cheddar

[Tempest Row Spaceport]

So.

There are several out and about.

Likely spreading their seditious seed to otherwise unsuspecting victims. That's a problem.

That is without question a problem.

Zee will need to-

-get asked what about her.

"Huh? Oh! Well, I was mostly just leading you to the ship. You seemed pretty desperate to get off-world, after all. And I've got a soft spot for helping people out in need."

Minerva is given a sly smile.

"Why do you ask? Are you going to miss me?"

And then a dramatic gasp!

"Have we become friends?"
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Orc in the Playground

Tempest Row Spaceport

"Oh? That's a relief, Your Holiness. Last preacher we had aboard was very vocal about all the ways it's possible to sin." And Rogue Traders usually make a living through sin, at least a little. "You can stay aboard if you wish. Or you can find somewhere else to stay until we leave. We've not got the best accommodation, I'm afraid. We'll have to make up a bunk in the cargo hold, we'll have an empty container for you. Otherwise it's the tech-adept's cell which isn't very pleasant or a bunk in the communal quarters. And... we don't have any women aboard." Which aren't very attractive options, or so the overseer thinks. Since the tech-adept spends twenty three hours a day physically plugged into the ship, his quarters probably aren't great.

Something has occurred to me- Zee's bio-sense might be able to tell what's in some of the crates, because it's food. Mostly quite processed, lots of corned meat, salted crackers, and so on. There's also gunpowder, in bullets they're shipping up. Probably to sell to the hunters on the death world.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

3. - Top - End - #183
    Bugbear in the Playground

Tempest Row Spaceport

“No women? I don’t see how that’s relevant.” Minerva comments briefly before turning back to Zee.
    Her gasp cause a brief pause as the sister stares at her stoically from underneath her visor. “That word has little meaning to me but if you feel like it, sure. Friends. I don’t know another place to stay besides the ship so if you knew of one of those as well...”

4. - Top - End - #184

[Tempest Row Spaceport]

Pretty benign and boring stuff, then.

That's fine.

Everything is fine.

"I'll admit I'm not SUPER familiar with Skyside. I've been here... ummm."

Has she been here before?

She is, in fact, pretty sure she hasn't.

At least not here here. As opposed to lurking outside reality and spying on things sort of here. But that hardly counts. There's a pretty big difference between arcane voyeurism and actually visiting a town.

City.

Floating island?

Whatever.

"Ish? It sounds like most any accommodations were be more comfortable than the ship, though. I also had some things I was hoping to inform you of before you leave."

There's a subtle tone of urgency to that last part.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Orc in the Playground

Tempest Row Spaceport

"I thought you might want some solitude, rather than share a room with seven men or one half-crazy old tech-adept." At least Zee now knows how many crew are aboard! Eight, including the tech-adept.

He'll move away slightly to get back to work, but Zee or Minerva might realise he's trying to eavesdrop on any conversation they have if they don't move. He's got pretty good hearing, but not outside the realm of humanly possible. He- and the other two working on the shuttle- are latent psykers, but their talent is only really good for picking up the commands and directives of more potent telepaths.

6. - Top - End - #186

[Tempest Row Spaceport]

Minerva waves her hand dismissively at the overseer without turning back to look at him. "I will deal with whatever lot the Emperor deems fit to hand me." Then she continues talking with Zee. "What is it?"

7. - Top - End - #187

[Tempest Row Spaceport]

Zee will turn and make a 'follow me' motion with one hand as she begins moving away.

Hopefully Minerva will indeed follow her. Otherwise this will be more difficult.

She would prefer if the bald dude in favor of tyranid supremacy doesn't know that she knows.

And assuming Minerva DOES follow her?

Once they're a comfortable distance away she speaks in a low tone, enough to be heard, but also enough for the ambient noise of the space port to drown out her voice at any real distance.

"All three of those guys are infected by gene-stealers. Or at least I'm about ninety five percent sure it's gene-stealers. I haven't actually ever seen one in person, so I'm making a bit of inference here. If they've got other people on shore leave they might be seeding a gene-stealer cult here. Which would be bad."

Obviously.

No one likes getting their planet eaten by gene-stealers.

"And you're probably wondering how I know. Short answer is psionics."

Not... really. But that's probably close enough. There isn't really an equivalent thing to Zee in the 40k setting. Something with fantastical abilities that's diametrically opposed to the Warp.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Orc in the Playground

Tempest Row Spaceport

Well, the overseer isn't stupid enough to be suspicious and follow along to try and listen in. So he'll go back to what he was doing before, scanning and marking crates ready for the Sentinel pilot to load into the shuttle. They're watched cautiously by the man on the shuttle's roof with the crude rotary cannon.

9. - Top - End - #189

[Tempest Row Spaceport]

Minerva does follow along.
    But Zee might get disappointed if she expected her to know a genestealer by name. "You're a psyker." She declares. "Should have figured. You acted far too calm back there." Her expression is of course hidden by her visor but all things considered she is taking this information strangely well. Indeed, if this was an imperial world Zee would have to be taken directly to the golden throne. "But, you're claiming they're mutants? Infected by xeno's? I've only heard that word in passing."

10. - Top - End - #190

[Tempest Row Spaceport]

Disappointed?

No, not really.

It just means that this will require a little more exposition than would otherwise be required by the situation.

And obviously she would be pretty adverse to getting fed to the Emperor. But! This isn't an imperial world, is it?

It's a crazy heretic world!

"Maybe not mutants themselves. These xenos inject an organ into people and use psionics to make them forget the encounter. Then the person goes off on their merry way and starts a family. Any offspring they have will be crazy mutant xeno hybrid things. They form cults and sow dissent and are generally awful."

Zee leaves off the part about being beacons for tyranid hive fleets.

No reason to bring that bit up if the goal is to squash them quickly.

"There are a couple possibilities here. Maybe they got infected HERE, which is unlikely. I've never bumped into any traces of gene-stealers in the Nexus before. My abilities are very biologically inclined. This sort of thing catches my attention. Or they got infected on the way here, between their ship and planet-side. That's possible, but also unlikely. If gene-stealers were intercepting ships, there should be more infected people around the docks. Or... the gene-stealers are on or were on the main ship these guys came from. In that case, there's no telling how much of the crew is infected."

Which is, of course, bad.

She's keeping half an eye on the guy manning the rotary cannon. While Zee is relatively confident she could survive getting BRRRRRRRT!ed, she would really rather not test it.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Jinn's Emporium]

"It does not." Sihori confirms as Sam is shouting profanities within the dome. "Fret not however. The dome was specifically designed to contain the art. It's impossible for it to hurt us and it will be compensated for its time here. Despite the location of the studio, and what I'm sure is endless rumors, Jinn only works with free range art. They do not use the nearby market for subjects as they believe it negatively effects the emotional response of the art work. As you can see here, this art really reflects its emotions outwards without any fear of reprisal. Most market art is made to be subdued in one way or another. There is really no way one can tell how they been influenced by being contained for so long. This is meant to be raw art and one can certainly tell that now, wouldn't you agree?" There is a moment of pause as Sihori seems to let all that sink in. "But I'm going to return the art where it came now unless there are any objections. Is there anything else you like to see, or perhaps to show?"

If there are no objections, Sam will be sent back. But there will be something on his person. A strange coupon made from a material he's never seen before...

There is an address at the bottom of the coupon but nothing else. It does not look like something someone would hand out yet it seems genuine.
    [Jinn's Emporium]

"Fascinating work." The figure reaches down to its belt and pulls out a small black sphere. Looks like there's quite a few such spheres clustered around the belt. "I would be delighted to show you an example. Exotic creatures, taken from regions across vast stretches of space. Each put into stasis in one of these small devices. If I so wish, I can make them obedient - but it sounds perhaps like Jinn would prefer to work with them in an untampered state?"
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Orc in the Playground

Tempest Row Spaceport

The man with the crank-operated rotary cannon is not really paying that much attention to Zee or Minerva. They're visible and they've spoken to the overseer, so they are no longer as threatening as they could be. More interesting, from a security point of view, are the loafers and porters hanging around, the ones that occasionally carry a crate, box or barrel off from another vessel's loading area. Between the rotary cannon and the walking fork-lift, this shuttle is a bit too risky a target to try stealing from- particularly since they're mainly loading food for their mother ship. The high-value cargo has already been loaded.

I can probably be skipped until either party either approaches the crew or does something threatening, however.

13. - Top - End - #193

Parks and Reanimation

Parks and Reanimation

Jaahlyn considers these words even though she wasn't familiar with this 'cartoon'. "Sounds like a curse to me, but I can't be sure. In fact, for all I know the curse might be what is keeping you 'alive' so trying to undo it would be foolhardy." An idea. "How does this 'magical disease' spread exactly? I had this idea that if one would infect say... undesirable animals." Not rats. "Then I could test different ways to undo or lighten this disease on them before attempting the same thing on you. Would be a great deal safer than to speculate our way towards a cure."
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Parks and Reanimation

"I'm not sure how it's transmitted exactly, but I think it's absorbed through the blood?" Fidelia offers, looking to St Lazarus for confirmation. "Biting works so maybe it's through saliva, but we think scratching can do it too? It's, uh, not really something we've tried figuring out."
    "I've never been in any big hurry to start an epidemic," Jenette wryly adds. Experimenting with her ability to turn animals or other people into ghouls was never even considered prior to this moment. Sounds like a good way to get beheaded by VIGIL for trying to start a zombie apocalypse, honestly. If Jaahlyn only infected a bunch of captive hamsters or something, Laz supposes that would be fine, but the goat woman would have to be very, very careful not to misplace any. Just one little rodent running free and biting people could lead to...well, you know.

"I know it was passed to me through a bite, so it stands to reason I'd be able to do the same to others." She's turned the same shade of green as that worthless piece of crap from the ambulance, so why wouldn't she have all the same gifts and curses as that mindless scumbag?
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

14. - Top - End - #194

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Secret Warehouse

The slavers have no way of telling when the lorry goes off-track, and there's no alarm when it starts heading the wrong way. She wasn't given a set route to travel, just a destination; how she got there was up to her.

Inside the back of the lorry are twenty-two coffin-sized rectangular crates securely lashed in place and three orcs in bulky body armour and gas masks. The moment the lorry is opened and the orcs realise they aren't where they're supposed to be, they pull batons out and the first throws a smoke grenade that bursts into thick, black smoke that acts as an irritant to eyes and throat and blocks vision. The orcs will then try to get out of the lorry, lay about with their batons and try to subdue any resistance, kill the driver and reclaim the truck.
    Secret Warehouse

The first one who opened the truck got suprised by the orcs they find there and immediatly runs away. The other people don't hesitate and start shooting at the orcs befor the smoke grenade can cover them. A few more shots follows befor they stop, obviously on someone elses command. After a moment a few shots where fired taking down the wheels of the truck.

When they reach the driver cabin they will find it empty and even without keys. They still might here how the people around them keep their distance and wait for the smoke to vanish.

Thundermarket Shopping Centre- Fleeing

"I'm sorry sir, but my concerns is not this society and even if it was, people are by their nature unruly yet the majority can still function in a community without what you're doing." Anyway... time to face the music. Or play the music in this case.

Finishing her tune, she touches the wall behind her and a portal opens within the solid metal.

Meanwhile, the conversation within her mind rages on.

"What is this 'cause' you mention? I'm afraid our time might be running out, so we need to be quick about it. Why don't you call this number. It will lead to you to a person that can put you right in touch with me." A number will be told to Arkant.

Arkant sights at her comment. "What a limited view." He might be able to stop that portal, but there is no need now. After all the other part seems like a more promissing route.

Arkant will put down the number. "Well, it was nice speaking with you for now. I hope next time we don't got such a panik maker to interupt it."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

15. - Top - End - #195
    Orc in the Playground

Secret Warehouse

The orcs don't have guns, so can't fire back, and their body armour is not as useful against rifle rounds at short distance, designed more for use against pistols, shotguns or long-range rifle attacks. Two of the orcs are taken down before they leave the lorry, gunfire either striking their undefended faces or finding weak points. The orcs can't find anyone to attack, and there's no driver, and the lorry's wheels have been damaged. It could probably still drive, but it'd be dangerous and difficult. The squad leader makes the decision that they should retreat; it's in the Guild's best interests for them to return to find out what's going on. They're going to try and flee.

16. - Top - End - #196

Secret Warehouse

The orcs don't have guns, so can't fire back, and their body armour is not as useful against rifle rounds at short distance, designed more for use against pistols, shotguns or long-range rifle attacks. Two of the orcs are taken down before they leave the lorry, gunfire either striking their undefended faces or finding weak points. The orcs can't find anyone to attack, and there's no driver, and the lorry's wheels have been damaged. It could probably still drive, but it'd be dangerous and difficult. The squad leader makes the decision that they should retreat; it's in the Guild's best interests for them to return to find out what's going on. They're going to try and flee.
    Secret Warehouse

The warehouse is run down and the smoke might offer enougth cover to reach some other cover befor the smoke disapears. A lot of broken crates and old boxes fill the warehouse which many of the attackers use as cover. Still they are only around a dozen with half having weapons and the others obviously unarmed. All wear some kind of cloth masks to hide their faces. If the squad leader is sneaky enougth he can escape, the attackers appear on guard even if they discover the corps of his companions.

"Clear the area. " One of them shouts. "Start the unloading. 2,5,7,12 cover the area. 3, 4, 8 check outside. The rest looks at the truck." The rules where followed and the people split up, from a distance it appears random who goes and stays. 2 armed head out and only 1 armed goes with the unloading team. They start unloading the truck and searching the orcs they shot. Any device to disable peolpe will be given to those who open the boxes. Just in case.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Orc in the Playground

Secret Warehouse

They don't know their way out of the warehouse, and the guns make their escape trickier. Nevertheless, the orcs make it, though one is injured, dripping blood as they flee. They might be able to track the orcs with the blood trail.

Inside the crates are sleeping slaves. There's a total of twenty-four people between the twenty-two crates, all securely bound in place inside the padded boxes. One of the boxes contains a pair of halfling twins, a boy and a girl; the two smallest individuals. There's eight humans, five girls and four boys, four male orcs and a female one, a female elf, two blue-skinned and bald male vedalken, a male khajiit with brown-grey fur, a female hobgoblin, a satyr and a female triton. They're all aged between about fifteen and twenty-five, or the equivalent for those with different lifespans to humanity.

18. - Top - End - #198

[Jinn's Emporium]

"Oh, they would be delighted to see what you have brought. The more exotic and wilder, the better. Why don't you wait a moment and I'll send them your way? Meanwhile, I could have your devices brought into the chamber where they could be freely displayed once they arrive. It shouldn't be long." Sihori offers.

"Don't worry. As long as there is life, there is time. If you don't contact me. I will seek out you." Helios replies before Jaahlyn steps into the portal which then fades away as she makes some parting words.

"One always limit themselves one way or the other. Without limits, we are but fiends." Then she's gone.

Parks and Reanimation

Jaahlyn nods gravely. "I understand the reluctance, miss. I wouldn't ask this of you if I didn't believe that it might help cure or at least ease your current condition. If you would infect a few animals that I bring you, that would be enough. If they would somehow escape, I will take personal responsibility. But know that this isn't the first time I've dealt with dangerous and infectious diseases and curses such as yours. I have a lot of experience with these sort of afflictions." She looks between the two, and briefly at Romero too. "I understand that it's still asking a lot however. But I'm afraid i can only offer more words of insurance at the moment."

Tempest Row Spaceport

This information cause Minerva pause. That was far worse than she had imagined. An entire ship possibly infected by foul xenos? She didn't even have enough bullets for that. If she could enter the ship and cause some kind of critical error to the engines... no, she didn't have the expertise for that. "I can't take that many xenos on my own." She finally admits while staring down at Zee. Was it possible that this psyker was lying to her? An agent of chaos perhaps? It was possible, though she wasn't sure why she would take her all this way just to give her this warning. The fact however, was that she couldn't trust anyone right now.

Then something occurred to her. If Zee could just detect biological mutations at range then- no, either she was really lying or it had been hidden from her. Had to be.

Still...

"Could you... cure them? Or at least make them reveal their foul impurities? If you indeed speak the truth, then I must see this infection with my own eyes first." Minerva declares.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2019-08-22 at 05:54 AM.

19. - Top - End - #199

[Tempest Row Spaceport]

"The alien organ that's causing the problem can be removed surgically, but I doubt our friends here would be very open to that option," Zee replies after a moment's consideration. "I could erase the alien taint using my abilities, but that takes a lot out of me. I could help three or four of them at a time, but if the whole ship is infected?"

That would take a VERY long time.

"These people are still human. They've just been infected with a parasite. A parasite that will do everything it can to avoid leaving quietly. And we don't know how far it has spread. If nothing else, I want to scour the area nearby to see if they've spread the infection to anyone else here. The last thing I want are genestealers setting up cults on my homeworld."

Because that would be terrible.

The last thing the Nexus needs right now are MORE awful things eating the population centers from within.

"If the problem is addressed now before it spreads, then it never becomes a crisis. And I could do with fewer crises."

There are enough of those already.

20. - Top - End - #200

[Tempest Row Spaceport]

"If you could just cure one of them we'd have someone with knowledge of the xenos on our side." Minerva argues. "That will be the key to purge those foul creatures from this soil." She gestures at the street underneath them which most certainly isn't soil. "If you can do that, you can also have the cured speak on your behalf and confirm your story." Unless of course she mind controlled them to do it. Psykers were hard to trust for this reason.

21. - Top - End - #201

[Tempest Row Spaceport]

"Unless their minds are messed up, too," Zee points out. "Genestealers create a psychic network between their victims. Though I think it takes a few generations to really take off. I can't do anything about that. Not my forte."

Which is mostly true.

She can't do anything about warp-related nonsense. Actual psykers draw on powers that are utterly anathema to Zee's existence. A psionic link between these people and the rest of the cult would be beyond her ability to influence. She could do other things, though. Like twist emotional responses to certain memories. But that takes way more time than she has to spend on these guys.

At least if she's wanting to do something more permanent.

She frowns looking back at the bald dudes.

"But if we could catch one and question them, that could still help. I could make them think that we're close friends to be trusted implicitly. We could get information from them about what's going on."

That would at least reveal if they were recently infected or if something older and more sinister is going on.

22. - Top - End - #202

[Tempest Row Spaceport]

"Very well, I don't know much about your kinds limitations so you have to tell me what you can and cannot do." She follows Zee's glance to the voidsmen. "If I request to speak to one of them in private, would you be able to... do that without raising any suspicions?"

23. - Top - End - #203

[Tempest Row Spaceport]

Zee gives a nod at that.

"Yeah, I could encourage one of them to come talk to us," she replies.

Yes.

'Encourage'.

That is most certainly what she does.

"Just let me know what you want me to do, I can help."

She sure is helpful.

Maybe she just wants to make it clear that she's good for things other than Emperor food?

24. - Top - End - #204
    Halfling in the Playground

[Jinn's Emporium]

"Oh, they would be delighted to see what you have brought. The more exotic and wilder, the better. Why don't you wait a moment and I'll send them your way? Meanwhile, I could have your devices brought into the chamber where they could be freely displayed once they arrive. It shouldn't be long." Sihori offers.
    [Jinn's Emporium]

"Of course. Please, go ahead." In place of one sphere being removed, the whole belt is removed and offered out to-

Hmm, to what exactly?

Well, hopefully that will become clear in a moment.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

25. - Top - End - #205

Secret Warehouse

They don't know their way out of the warehouse, and the guns make their escape trickier. Nevertheless, the orcs make it, though one is injured, dripping blood as they flee. They might be able to track the orcs with the blood trail.

Inside the crates are sleeping slaves. There's a total of twenty-four people between the twenty-two crates, all securely bound in place inside the padded boxes. One of the boxes contains a pair of halfling twins, a boy and a girl; the two smallest individuals. There's eight humans, five girls and four boys, four male orcs and a female one, a female elf, two blue-skinned and bald male vedalken, a male khajiit with brown-grey fur, a female hobgoblin, a satyr and a female triton. They're all aged between about fifteen and twenty-five, or the equivalent for those with different lifespans to humanity.
    Secret Warehouse

The orc might flee freely. With the smoke the masked shooters have no way to find out if they got all. The fleeing Orc might notice the driver on his way out, standing right in the middle of nowhere without movin an inch. An uncomfortable stand which she keeps all the time. As they notice that this car is full of slaves they immediatly call for backup, which will arrive soon. Not so many men, but 3 small buss to carry the slaves away. The men will start to free the slaves and put them into the busses. Somewhere then, when the orc has made his escape I assume, they note the blood trail and follow it. When it is clear he left they start to hurry up the uploading of the slaves. When all is done they will go and burn the warehouse down leaving no evidence.

The slaves will be brought to another place. Some kind of old school with many seminar rooms. They will be brought into one of those rooms waiting for their host. As they wait they will be treated nicely. Getting food and water. Their host will be a stange mutation of a men. The men hovers over the ground not touching it as he moves. His limbs haven't been used much for years now and decreased as their muscles weren't trained. On the other hand it appears that it's brain has increased noticable. It appears like the brain has reached the limit of the skull and began to grow downwards using the back of the creature as his new home. This way the person appears like having no neck and a bit like quasimodo.

"Hello slaves." his voice echoes throught everyones mind. "My master has told me to offer you something. We make it short. There is one option that allows you to fight whoever made you slaves, but you need to be loyal to my master or you could join the society he created."

"Don't worry. As long as there is life, there is time. If you don't contact me. I will seek out you." Helios replies before Jaahlyn steps into the portal which then fades away as she makes some parting words.

"One always limit themselves one way or the other. Without limits, we are but fiends." Then she's gone.

Helios will get an "Of course" as a reply

while Jaahlyn will get a "If you think so."

Then they are gone and arkant is left alone. Well it's more like a connection lost situation I guess. He checks the number on the paper in front of him. Maybe he should contact another party, just to gather some informations. Maybe VIGIL, but that might just poking a bee hive. MERC is also not the best point and HALO never really caught his attention. He might visit Trog's for this one.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Orc in the Playground

Secret Warehouse

The orc's going to slow down a little to try and smash the driver's head into the nearest wall, with enough force to hopefully knock the driver out. He doesn't dare stop to make sure they're dead, though.

He doesn't know where he's supposed to be; the driver was taken off-course and to a different part of the city, so he's a little lost. He's also injured and bleeding, which slows him down; he could potentially be caught.

The slaves, meanwhile, are pretty firmly asleep. It's an enchanted sleep, with some mundane tranquillisers thrown in for security. The drugs will wear off; the spell will not. It's not too hard to dispel, though; in fact, it's tied to a command word that will break the spell instantly- though the drugs will still have an effect, and they'll be groggy and drowsy when they awaken.

27. - Top - End - #207

Secret Warehouse

The driver seems to try to withstand the attack which only results in a little less damage. Strangly even with the bleeding head she returns to the position befor.

This will draw more atention and means the guards will be after the escaping orc faster then he assumed. They are in one of the lowest parts of the city Thunderhead. The edge of the city is nearby, but the Orc surly will try to stay alive. But with the edge so close there might be another port. The part he is now is runned down to a degree even hiomeless avoid this area. Soon after he will hear voices coordinationg a search. With the slaves asleep and the driver attacked they can pay more attention to the orc. The groupe will try to find the orc as fast as they can. They can follow the blood, but none of them is a manhunter so they will stay a step behind untill they can make contact to the orc. If that happens Two try to get even closer for a stun gun. It appears they want at least one alive.

The men got no way to despell the sleep or do they have time to wait for the drugs. This is good. this way the transport of the slaves gets even faster. So they can easily be brought to the Secret Savehouse where a caster will try to despell the sleep one by one. Since they don't know the codeword this is quiet more prommissing then guessing. Should that work and should the drug wear off as well, they will get the offer from the last post.

28. - Top - End - #208

Thundermarket Shopping Centre==> Slave Market

Jaahlyn's portal will open up in a dead end of an alleyway within the slave market. She will quickly step outside and start to head towards the slavers head office where she was before.

[Jinn's Emporium]

The moment they're offered up, they disappear in a flash of light as they're teleported elsewhere. Moment's later, two ethereals that appear quite identical to one another teleport inside the room through identical flashes of light. "Finally, our guest." These two look similar to Shazhan and Ishmat but their forms seem newer and more metallic. The 'bandages' that they seem to wrap themselves with are completely white and look more like tape. Still, the energy within them seem identical.
    "Welcome, uh, what was your name again?" The other one asks, speaking with exactly the same voice.

[Tempest Row Spaceport]

Would she even know about that? Would make her even more suspicious as this planet did not seem to have been touched by the emperor's embrace just yet.
    But as she seemed to know about these foul xenos it seemed logical that she would want to help fight them. Heretic or not, suffering mind control and death to those creatures was not a fate anyone would want to suffer. "Very well. The plan is that I will request to talk to the foreman alone with you. We will still be in sight of the rest of the crew so they won't realize that something is up, and you will use your powers to make sure the foreman always feel at ease, no matter the questions I ask. Can you do that?" She pauses. "I knew a psyker that could alter memories, can you do that too?"

29. - Top - End - #209
    Orc in the Playground

Secret Safehouse

The slaves will slowly wake up after the magic is dispelled. They're all groggy and a bit confused, since they aren't where the were when they fell asleep- or even in a similar environment.

The orcs, the three human males and one of the females, the khajiit, hobgoblin and satyr all want to fight. The rest will go for the other option, though they're a little cautious and don't really know where they are, who the strange man's master is, or what his society is. And surely if they're fighting for him, aren't they part of his society?

Street of Slavers- Security Office

Jaahlyn's going to be hurried through to the office she was in before, as the head of security wants to know what's going on. All he knows at this point is that several of his guards have been injured, some severely (I can't remember if any died in the fight with the oozing man) and the rest have fled to one of their anonymous warehouses, and he hopes they weren't followed or tracked.

30. - Top - End - #210

Parks and Reanimation

Fidelia thinks for a moment. "Maybe we could speak with VIGIL about this? Their headquarters could have a secure space that Jaahlyn could work in." She wasn't quite as antsy about trusting the strange woman with something so dangerous, but it felt wise to take any precautions available to them.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!