1. - Top - End - #211
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Skyside 6: Return of the Cheddar

Parks and Reanimation

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Parks and Reanimation

Jaahlyn nods gravely. "I understand the reluctance, miss. I wouldn't ask this of you if I didn't believe that it might help cure or at least ease your current condition. If you would infect a few animals that I bring you, that would be enough. If they would somehow escape, I will take personal responsibility. But know that this isn't the first time I've dealt with dangerous and infectious diseases and curses such as yours. I have a lot of experience with these sort of afflictions." She looks between the two, and briefly at Romero too. "I understand that it's still asking a lot however. But I'm afraid I can only offer more words of insurance at the moment."
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Parks and Reanimation

Fidelia thinks for a moment. "Maybe we could speak with VIGIL about this? Their headquarters could have a secure space that Jaahlyn could work in." She wasn't quite as antsy about trusting the strange woman with something so dangerous, but it felt wise to take any precautions available to them.

"If VIGIL can keep everything secure and quarantined, fine," the ghoul reluctantly concedes, knowing she's running out of viable excuses, that if she doesn't at least pretend to want her condition cured, Fidelia is going to start getting worried, maybe do something dangerous and impulsive. Fidelia really is doing her best to help Jenette, but it's too late now. She can't go back to North Portside College, she can't just settle for being a veterinarian anymore. Saint Lazarus got to meet Cessie Mithar and Calm Reed, and become part of the greatest heroic organization in the world. Saint Lazarus can confidently swing an entire zweihander around with one hand. Saint Lazarus is better than Jenette in just about every way, which is why Fidelia will dust off her hands, announce that the life-debt has been repaid, and then leave her forever once the ghoulish part of her is gone.

"But if this leads to bioweapons or plague-spreading or something, I'll be coming after you and your ghouls," Jenette promises, with a glare as cold and dead as she herself is. "It won't be quick, it won't be painless, and it won't be pretty. Understand?" No pressure though, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

2. - Top - End - #212

[Tempest Row Spaceport]

Would she even know about that? Would make her even more suspicious as this planet did not seem to have been touched by the emperor's embrace just yet.
    But as she seemed to know about these foul xenos it seemed logical that she would want to help fight them. Heretic or not, suffering mind control and death to those creatures was not a fate anyone would want to suffer. "Very well. The plan is that I will request to talk to the foreman alone with you. We will still be in sight of the rest of the crew so they won't realize that something is up, and you will use your powers to make sure the foreman always feel at ease, no matter the questions I ask. Can you do that?" She pauses. "I knew a psyker that could alter memories, can you do that too?"
    Internet. Genre savviness. Reading up on various settings that pop up in the Nexus now and again.

All things that make very little sense unless you're accustomed to this nonsense already.

"Adjusting emotional responses like that on the fly is pretty easy," Zee replies with a nod. "Memories are harder, since the interplay of neurons encoding them is orders of magnitude more complex than just poking the right part of the brain when a memory is called. I can do it, but that takes more time. It might make the others suspicious and that rotary cannon on the roof looks unfriendly. My preference would be to end this encounter with the same number of holes in my body that I started with."

No one likes extra holes.

They make all your hit points leak out!

Or does Dark Heresy do wound levels? Zee isn't sure.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Halfling in the Playground

[Jinn's Emporium]

The moment they're offered up, they disappear in a flash of light as they're teleported elsewhere. Moment's later, two ethereals that appear quite identical to one another teleport inside the room through identical flashes of light. "Finally, our guest." These two look similar to Shazhan and Ishmat but their forms seem newer and more metallic. The 'bandages' that they seem to wrap themselves with are completely white and look more like tape. Still, the energy within them seem identical.
    "Welcome, uh, what was your name again?" The other one asks, speaking with exactly the same voice.
    [Jinn's Emporium]

"I do not believe that I did yet." If the suited figure is at all surprised by the disappearance of its goods and the appearance of the ethereals, there's no visible sign of its reaction.

...well, one slight one. The big robo-fist that was holding the belt momentarily tightens its grip when the belt vanishes, before releasing. Possibly just a quirk of the suit though.

"My true name is difficult to convey in this language, but I have taken other names. You may call me Bazzal. Are you the owners?"
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Tempest Row Spaceport]

"Then make my questions feel natural. Like coming from a close friend. You're the psyker, come up with something." Minerva orders before she moves over and gestures to the foreman. "May I and... Zee, have a word with you? In private." See? She even remembered Zee's name which somehow wasn't psyker or heretic.

[Jinn's Emporium]

"I am!" The two say in unison as they gesture at themselves. "Welcome to my-" They continue speaking in unison but stops half-way through the sentence to look at one another. "We-" They start again in unison. This is followed by more staring until the right one finally backs away. "Okay." The left one continues. "Welcome to my gallery, Bazzal. May I inquire what sort of classification you belong to? I have never seen a being such as yourself before!"

Street of Slavers- Security Office

She will explain what happened and how they were ambushed by a super-powered seemingly human man that could lift and throw smaller cars. She isn't sure what happened to the orcs but she did see them drive away once she ordered them to retreat. "I'm not sure where they are now, but if there is anything I can do to help in this situation, I'd be happy to."

Parks and Reanimation

"VIGIL?" Jaahlyn glances down at the floor for a moment. "That sounds like acceptable terms, even with the painful death on the table." She smiles and nods. "But if you don't mind me asking, does that mean you're both VIGIL members? I'm afraid I haven't interacted with them much." She looks between the two. One of them did look more like a VIGIL member than the other.

In fact, the dog looked more like a VIGIL member than the other.

5. - Top - End - #215

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Secret Safehouse

The slaves will slowly wake up after the magic is dispelled. They're all groggy and a bit confused, since they aren't where the were when they fell asleep- or even in a similar environment.

The orcs, the three human males and one of the females, the khajiit, hobgoblin and satyr all want to fight. The rest will go for the other option, though they're a little cautious and don't really know where they are, who the strange man's master is, or what his society is. And surely if they're fighting for him, aren't they part of his society?

Jaahlyn's going to be hurried through to the office she was in before, as the head of security wants to know what's going on. All he knows at this point is that several of his guards have been injured, some severely (I can't remember if any died in the fight with the oozing man) and the rest have fled to one of their anonymous warehouses, and he hopes they weren't followed or tracked.
    ((I think 1(one) died due to smother))

Secret Safehouse
    ((Color change for better reading))
    "You have all been found in a transporter while under drugs and a spell to keep you asleep. This is a safehouse of my master. We are still in Skyside." the man says befor any of them can speak out the question.

The man will explain futher.

"Joining the fight means you might get some improvements. Some may not be very usefull in social activities so they might be seperated from the civilians. The details about that can be made with the master. He can answer more specifik questions.
    The rest of you will join the people here. You will get a job and a room for yourself. So as long as you work you should be fine. Just remember you don't need to go to other parts of the city. We won't go out and save you again if you get caught.
    Please build two lines so we can look for the loyality"

Should they do and not have futher questions, two people in robes appear, obviously a woman and a man. both wear rather tight clothes including a cloth over their face. It appears like they are some kind of priests, just with clothing like 4 numbers to small. Both will assist the brain man who will go down the lines and asks them if they swar loyality to the master called Arkant. If they say yes, he will put a mark on their body. The mark is magical and will disapear. If the person acts against his loyality sworn befor the mark will reapear and spread over the body. An really obviouse sign of failure.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

6. - Top - End - #216
    Orc in the Playground

"They made it out, most of them. I've been in contact, they're somewhere safe and I'm working on retrieving them. Don't worry about the orcs. If you could keep an eye out on this group, and alert us to any attempts to infiltrate our own territory, we will reward you for it. For now, take this. You've not been entirely successful, but you did alert us to a threat we were unaware of." He will attempt to hand Jaahlyn a small leather briefcase, filled with money. Mostly high-denomination notes of various currencies, but amongst the other things within is a Slaver's Guild Discount Card.

Secret Safehouse

The improvements impacting their social ability makes one of the human males lower their hand, as he changes his mind. His appearance is more important to him than revenge.

The halflings and the triton won't swear loyalty, and the khajiit- though they want revenge- also hesitates. The rest, however, swear without a second thought.

Tempest Row Spaceport

"We're private here, aren't we? Nobody's gonna overhear. I can't go too far from the shuttle, it's my responsibility to make sure everything's loaded in the right order and in the right places." He doesn't particularly want to leave the protection of the rotary cannon, even for a Sister of Battle. In fact, especially for a Sister of Battle; he's aware of the differences between the Imperial Truth and the scripture used by the Cult. They might be trying to lure him away to put a boltshell in his skull.
    Last edited by Earl of Purple; 2019-09-07 at 12:51 PM.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

7. - Top - End - #217

Secret Safehouse
    ((I should defnitly add those people to Arkants Charackter sheet or make some own for his minions))

There won't be anyone stopping the human from turning it down. The strange man will get close to him so not everyone can hear them.
    "Your appereance will go away, but our offer won't return."

The trion and the halfling will set aside while the others will get a ride. The guards will ask again what their task is befor they put them into different cars. This mostly is a checkup.
    "What is your problem." he asks the two.

8. - Top - End - #218

Parks and Reanimation

Fidelia has never been the best with people. It's an occupational hazard of a life built on a pressing need to satiate basic needs in an environment with fewer avenues for social gatherings and other forms of healthy and varied interaction. Not that it was solitary and antisocial, of course - that cutthroat climate of opportunistic betrayal and mistrust, attitudes of "frag you got mine" never quashed the forging of alliances, mutual partnerships or symbiotic relationships. Few things can match the looming threat of far too many Skyside factions swinging 'round to bump you off or drag you away in the cold, cold night, after all.

But such relationships were fleeting, businesslike and impersonal. It didn't give much opportunity for Fidelia to develop an adept sense for all those deeper nuances and subtle hints to what other folks were feeling. Perhaps if it had, she would be able to identify the deeper insecurities behind all that hostility and trepidation. Yet all these months living with St Lazarus have given her an edge, and there's enough of an intimacy for Fidelia to sense just what brings all these feelings to the surface. Moving closer to subtly clasp her armored hand, she nods.

"Well, sorta. She's a full-on member, but I, er, haven't really worked up the nerve to ask about joining." Jenette isn't the only one with all these insecurities about just how weak and insignificant she might be, it turns out; when an organization's most famous members hold awe-inspiring magical powers and regularly enact feats of superhuman strength and ability, it's easy for a tough little gal and her beloved switchblade to feel like they can measure up.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

9. - Top - End - #219

[Jinn's Emporium]

"I do not know what classifications you use here." There's a moment of hesitancy, the suited figure taking a half-step backwards from the two ethereals. "However this suit is necessary for my protection, therefore I am reluctant to show you what I am. I am, ahhh, energy? Energy given form. Perhaps that illuminates things? Like lightning. I am- I am like lightning."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

10. - Top - End - #220

Parks and Reanimation

Spoiler
    Show
    Parks and Reanimation

"VIGIL?" Jaahlyn glances down at the floor for a moment. "That sounds like acceptable terms, even with the painful death on the table." She smiles and nods. "But if you don't mind me asking, does that mean you're both VIGIL members? I'm afraid I haven't interacted with them much." She looks between the two. One of them did look more like a VIGIL member than the other.

In fact, the dog looked more like a VIGIL member than the other.
    Parks and Reanimation

Fidelia has never been the best with people. It's an occupational hazard of a life built on a pressing need to satiate basic needs in an environment with fewer avenues for social gatherings and other forms of healthy and varied interaction. Not that it was solitary and antisocial, of course - that cutthroat climate of opportunistic betrayal and mistrust, attitudes of "frag you got mine" never quashed the forging of alliances, mutual partnerships or symbiotic relationships. Few things can match the looming threat of far too many Skyside factions swinging 'round to bump you off or drag you away in the cold, cold night, after all.

But such relationships were fleeting, businesslike and impersonal. It didn't give much opportunity for Fidelia to develop an adept sense for all those deeper nuances and subtle hints to what other folks were feeling. Perhaps if it had, she would be able to identify the deeper insecurities behind all that hostility and trepidation. Yet all these months living with St Lazarus have given her an edge, and there's enough of an intimacy for Fidelia to sense just what brings all these feelings to the surface. Moving closer to subtly clasp her armored hand, she nods.

"Well, sorta. She's a full-on member, but I, er, haven't really worked up the nerve to ask about joining." Jenette isn't the only one with all these insecurities about just how weak and insignificant she might be, it turns out; when an organization's most famous members hold awe-inspiring magical powers and regularly enact feats of superhuman strength and ability, it's easy for a tough little gal and her beloved switchblade to feel like they can't measure up.

"VIGIL knows about my condition, if that's where you're going with this," Jenette adds, still on the defensive. I'm not sure if she's going to stop acting like that before Jaahlyn leaves. Hopefully she'll have calmed down a little and bitten down on her desire to glare daggers at the goat woman before their next meeting, or this whole deal is going to be an awkward and miserable experience for everyone involved. "It'd only take about five minutes to add Fi's name to the roster if we have to, but I don't think anyone's going to make a big thing out of it, right?" Saint Lazarus knows better than to squeeze Fidelia's hand, given her disproportionate undead strength and cold steel gauntlets, but there's nothing wrong or questionable with giving it a small tug to pull her closer, right?
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

11. - Top - End - #221

[Tempest Row Spaceport]

Minerva's eyes narrows. "If I said it was for your ears only, then I meant it. Knowledge is by its very nature heretical and I don't wish to poison more ears than needed with it. Do you understand?" She asks forcefully.

Jaahlyn accepts the briefcase with a bow only to then offer it back. "It's a generous payment you are offering me, but I cannot accept it. My-" She hesitates for a moment. "I asked for a control collar in return for my services and I stand by it. If I have not earned it yet, I'm willing to perform further services until I have."

Parks and Reanimation

The satyr eyes widens and a split-second later she bows deeply before Saint Laz. "Not at all lady Laz. I would never imply that you engage in such behavior and I should have been more clear." She raises and gestures towards Fidelia. "My confusion was regarding miss Fidelia's age. I though she was too young to join VIGIL's ranks. As I said, I have not interacted with them much." She nods politely. "So I apologize. I will choose my words more carefully in the future."

"But with that said, do you wish me to leave so you may confer with VIGIL? I have a phone number if you want to request my presence once more."

((Will post for shrimp soon.))

12. - Top - End - #222
    Orc in the Playground

Secret Safehouse

The human frowns when told his appearance will go away, and reconsiders. He's still quite vain, though.

The halfling swallows and smiles. "I worship Yondalla, the Harvest Mother. She teaches that nobody should put themselves over another. By swearing fealty to you, I am binding myself into another form of slavery, and I will not do it." She rather suspects her answer won't be accepted, though at least she was asked this time.

The triton will frown and cross his arms. "I already serve another. I cannot break my existing oath, or I would lose all my honour."

"Oh, of course. My apologies; it slipped my mind. Here, this is the most expensive model we sell. It's enchanted with a link to this bracelet. The collar restricts the powers of the slave wearing it, and in addition it cannot be removed, save by one wearing the bracelet." Or breaking the enchantment upon the collar. "The person wearing the bracelet, meanwhile, can influence the emotions of the one in the collar and also get a general feel for where the collar is in relation to them." The collar is a hinged piece of metal, with mystic symbols and glyphs etched into the outside surface, many of which are repeated onto the bracelet, which is a similar design and made of matching materials. The metal both are made of is strange; the polished gold colour of brass, but it weighs less and seems shinier, and it is stronger and harder too. It feels slightly warm, and both will shrink or grow to fit the wearer- though Jaahlyn won't be able to wear both. If she puts the collar on first, the bracelet won't snap shut around her wrist, and if she puts the bracelet on it will fall off when the collar is closed about her neck.

13. - Top - End - #223

Secret Safehouse

The human frowns when told his appearance will go away, and reconsiders. He's still quite vain, though.

The halfling swallows and smiles. "I worship Yondalla, the Harvest Mother. She teaches that nobody should put themselves over another. By swearing fealty to you, I am binding myself into another form of slavery, and I will not do it." She rather suspects her answer won't be accepted, though at least she was asked this time.

The triton will frown and cross his arms. "I already serve another. I cannot break my existing oath, or I would lose all my honour."
    Secret Safehouse

The halfling gets a strange look, but the man won't force it futher. "And yet you put her words above all. Doesn't that bind you to her? " He asks. "It is all a definition of Slavery, but so be it. I just tell you that you might get stuck with restrictions unless you proof to be trustworthy. Since you are not fighting it should be fine."

Then he turns to the trion.
    "You won't break it unless your oath means to act against my master or to not swear loyality to others. Maybe we can talk about this with the other one."

14. - Top - End - #224
    Orc in the Playground

Secret Safehouse

The halfling frowns, not sure where the connection is. "I am no more bound to Yondalla than I am to my parents. I respect Her and listen to Her, but She cannot force me to do anything I would not wish to. I am Her daughter, not Her servant or Her thrall." As the title 'Harvest Mother' might imply. "I will be fine with restrictions." So long as she's free, anyway.

"I am sworn to defend my king and my people, and to fight for them both. If my king orders me to kill you, I shall do all in my power to carry that order through. As you are no doubt sworn to obey your master, should he order you to slay me or my king." So it doesn't explicitly say he can't serve his existing lord and Arkant, but it comes first and he can't risk the chance that something might cause conflict in the future.

15. - Top - End - #225

Parks and Reanimation

Fidelia blinks, looking fairly confused. "Erm, age?" She glances back at Jenette. "Do I- do I really look that young? I mean, I know I'm not old enough to go drinking in, like, a couple places in Inside and Riverside, but it's not like a theatre's gonna card me, right?" She never considered herself terribly young-looking, particularly factoring in her scars - but considering the main source of comparison right now was a dead woman walking, they probably don't do quite so much there.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

16. - Top - End - #226

Jaahlyn won't even use it. It's for someone else.

She bows once more. "Thank you, sir. I accept this as payment for all my services." She looks up. "Was there anything else? Since otherwise I must return to my home now."

[Jinn's Emporium]

Both the figures nod. "Aha! Lighting, that is you then. Now tell me, Bazzal, did you came here to commission an art piece, have a look around or was there something else you wished to discuss with me?" Jinn inquires. "Usually I do art trades, I don't really have that much use of your credit-system."

17. - Top - End - #227
    Orc in the Playground

"No, no. That's all. Thank you for your help. Oh, take this as well. It's something we give to all the freelancers and informants that help us, at the end of their employment." He offers up a discount card for the street, giving a quarter of the price off any living thing they may wish to buy and a third off for the non-living things they sell on the Street.

18. - Top - End - #228

Parks and Reanimation

The satyr eyes widens and a split-second later she bows deeply before Saint Laz. "Not at all lady Laz. I would never imply that you engage in such behavior and I should have been more clear." She raises and gestures towards Fidelia. "My confusion was regarding miss Fidelia's age. I though she was too young to join VIGIL's ranks. As I said, I have not interacted with them much." She nods politely. "So I apologize. I will choose my words more carefully in the future."

"But with that said, do you wish me to leave so you may confer with VIGIL? I have a phone number if you want to request my presence once more.")
    Parks and Reanimation

Fidelia blinks, looking fairly confused. "Erm, age?" She glances back at Jenette. "Do I- do I really look that young? I mean, I know I'm not old enough to go drinking in, like, a couple places in Inside and Riverside, but it's not like a theatre's gonna card me, right?" She never considered herself terribly young-looking, particularly factoring in her scars - but considering the main source of comparison right now was a dead woman walking, they probably don't do quite so much there.
    "We'll get everything set up with VIGIL and I'll call you back soon," Saint Lazarus promises, letting out a sigh and burying all of the thoughts and desires to attack Jaahlyn some more. There's nothing at all productive about getting into a fight about 'well why did you try to strike a deal with Fi if you thought she wasn't even old enough to join WATCH?' Jaahlyn probably spends most of her time around undead or other goats or something; it's understandable that she might have some trouble pinpointing the difference between a young adult with a history of undernourishment, and a teenager without. Making a big thing out of this won't help anyone.

"Fi, it's fine. Even if you were that young, VIGIL used to have that one kid named Vincent and his fairy girlfriend, right?" What? No, those were MERC members, Jenette. Or maybe it was still called NO back then, I'm not sure. Anyway, that was years ago. Vincent's probably moved onto the sequel to whatever JRPG world he thought he was living in. Nexus 2: The Final Radiant Default Chronicles or whatever. Or maybe Reinholdt killed him off at some point, I forget.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

19. - Top - End - #229

Parks and Reanimation

"I assumed one had to be even older than that. Again, my apologies. I will take my leave now." She makes a quick bow and starts backing away towards the door. "It was nice to meet you two. I hope it won't be the last time." A nod and then she opens the door for herself and closes it behind her.
    The two can hear her hooves move down the stairs until the sound disappears completely.

She accepts it with a polite nod. "You're too generous, sir. I shall remember it when I offer my services again. Until then, I guess it's farewell." Then with a quick bow she will leave the premise.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ogre in the Playground

Tellysandra’s Manse

Anri has had a rough week. There aren’t as many parties in Skyside as in Inside, but the quality varies wildly. The wealthy hosts have alternated between welcoming her in her compulsory excursions, or being even worse than the common folk. And she thinks she might be developing a reputation, given the looks of recognition she’s started to get, and the increase in people willing to abuse her help. Coming home has brought her no comfort, especially since nowadays she has to spend the day recharging instead of doing anything she wants to do.

Which is what brought her here. Rumors abound about the owner of this estate. Horrible experiments, demon magics, and secret murders in the house. Anri has never put stock in rumors. And she has little to lose regardless. Explaining her visit to the drivers and getting them to take her ended up being easier than fitting inside the vehicle, but at the least the golem finally arrived to knock plainly on the front door with a cold, nerveless fist. She can only pray that this isn’t as bad an idea as the rumors say.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

21. - Top - End - #231

Parks and Reanimation

"Er, true, I forgot about that," Fidelia responds, not knowing who either of these people are yet clearly pretending otherwise.

She watches Jaahlyn leave with a small wave and a "Thanks, you too!", waiting a couple of seconds for the suspicious goat to be out of earshot before slipping her hand away and turning towards Jenette with an inquisitive look. "Is- is something bothering you? I, um, didn't do anything wrong, did I?" There's worry in her voice, but it's mostly worry over Jenette rather than herself. Her friend's feelings definitely took precedent over her own anxieties about competency.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

22. - Top - End - #232

Secret Safehouse

The halfling frowns, not sure where the connection is. "I am no more bound to Yondalla than I am to my parents. I respect Her and listen to Her, but She cannot force me to do anything I would not wish to. I am Her daughter, not Her servant or Her thrall." As the title 'Harvest Mother' might imply. "I will be fine with restrictions." So long as she's free, anyway.

"I am sworn to defend my king and my people, and to fight for them both. If my king orders me to kill you, I shall do all in my power to carry that order through. As you are no doubt sworn to obey your master, should he order you to slay me or my king." So it doesn't explicitly say he can't serve his existing lord and Arkant, but it comes first and he can't risk the chance that something might cause conflict in the future.
    Secret Safehouse

The halfling will be put with the pople who want o just live.

"So we might want to speak with your king then. If you want our support in fighting the slavers back we should at least be on the same side." There allways might be the fact that the king sold him without knowing or such. Happens quiet a lot with evil kings.
    Last edited by Zefir; 2019-10-02 at 01:43 AM.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

[Tellysandra's Manse]

The door opens shortly to reveal a bare chested catboy wearing only shorts. Dapper shorts perhaps, but definitely only shorts. And a collar with an exquisite bell if that counts. He's a little on the older side, but certainly doesn't seem worse the wear for it. His bright blue eyes still sparkle with life and his tail swishes slowly and methodically.

"Good evening ma'am," Butler begins. At least he thinks Anri is a ma'am? There's some room to doubt and a familiarity with those robots he loathes. Always taking away jobs from the hard working man! He spent a great deal of time hunting down and eliminating those drones at GLoG. Something about Anri reminds him about them. "How may I help you today ma'am?" If Anri is looking for work, Butler will have to be guarded and not just because Lady Tellysandra is awfully particular about her employees.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

[Tellysandra’s Manse]

The drider-golem’s face does not show any reaction, though she is surprised. She had expected the servants to be dressed more formally. Unless he is not a servant? Of course he must be; no one with estates this big has their family or residents opening the door.
    ”Good evening. I wish to speak to the Lady of the House. I seek her aid in a matter of her expertise. I am aware she is not some Mercenary for hire of course, but there are few in the city I believe have the knowledge to deal with it.” she says in a feminine voice. Everyone knows that Tellysandra is the warlock in Skyside, even if Anri doesn’t believe the other things people say about her.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Orc in the Playground

Secret Safehouse

"I was captured initially in a net by fishermen. I had never visited land before; my king lives far from the coast. If you wish to seek him out to see if he will help you, then I shall assist you gladly... But I will stay with him once you have found him. I will not swear to serve you, but I shall help you if you fight the slavers." He's not sure how willing or how able his king would be able to help them, since they're so far from the land. Aquatic humanoids like the triton are rare and expensive because the Guild rarely manages to get them; most of their contacts with Seaside abduct from coastal settlements or sell to pirate ships. Sea-dwellers are harder to make contact with, either for trade or capture.

26. - Top - End - #236

[Jinn's Emporium]

Both the figures nod. "Aha! Lighting, that is you then. Now tell me, Bazzal, did you came here to commission an art piece, have a look around or was there something else you wished to discuss with me?" Jinn inquires. "Usually I do art trades, I don't really have that much use of your credit-system."
    [Jinn's Emporium]

"You are an artist. An artist needs materials, yes?" Bazzal asks, "If you can create what I desire, I have many specimens. I would gladly leave you enough to allow your muse to take you and produce something of your own. Would that be acceptable?"

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

[Tellysandra's Manse]

Butler hesitates for a moment, but stands aside. "Please, come in ma'am," he says with a motion.

After shutting the door behind Anri, before taking her any further inside, he adds, "May I ask what you need assistance with that requires special knowledge ma'am? Lady Tellysandra tends to be occupied often ma'am. I'd hate to disturb her if it was unnecessary ma'am." Though not too much. He often gets Nuka-colas whenever she's around. Could there be a greater prize in the world?
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground

Tellysandra’s Manse

Anri nods and enters. Butler might notice as she passes that the drider-golem has a number of taps built into her spider chassis, displaying the logos of his favorite drinks.
    ”Thank you. I am under the effects of a powerful demon-curse. I have not had success dealing with minor practitioners.” she explains flatly. She really wishes she could have simply asked her brother, but his new powers only seem to be good at protecting things. And getting himself fat.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground

Tellysandra's Manse

How exceptionally odd. But Nuka-cola didn't come from people! That'd be crazy!

"Well you wouldn't if they're still practicing ma'am. That's why they're practicing in the first place ma'am."
    "But you definitely came to the right place ma'am. This way ma'am." Tellysandra deals with curses! Butler learned that back when Nora came around. A shame she had to leave so quickly afterwords.

Regardless Butler will start heading towards Tellysandra, paving the way for Anri to follow.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

30. - Top - End - #240

Parks and Reanimation

Parks and Reanimation

"Er, true, I forgot about that," Fidelia responds, not knowing who either of these people are yet clearly pretending otherwise.

She watches Jaahlyn leave with a small wave and a "Thanks, you too!", waiting a couple of seconds for the suspicious goat to be out of earshot before slipping her hand away and turning towards Jenette with an inquisitive look. "Is- is something bothering you? I, um, didn't do anything wrong, did I?" There's worry in her voice, but it's mostly worry over Jenette rather than herself. Her friend's feelings definitely took precedent over her own anxieties about competency.
    "You promised to be someone else's servant to help solve a problem I wasn't asking you to solve for me. Slavery, is that just your go-to offer whenever there's something you want out of someone?" Jenette scowls. The words are out before Jenette even has a moment to think about how they'll sound, and she immediately regrets every last bitter syllable. Fidelia grew up on the streets, she doesn't know better, she could've easily been deceived, hoodwinked, or even magically manipulated by that wretched goat demon. People with far more life experience and book knowledge have given up far more valuable things to devils, for far less altruistic reasons. Lashing out at poor Fi like this is completely unfair, and...ugh, this is all so ****ed up.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson