New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Alchemist in the Playground Moderator

Default Hello and Welcome New Members! Part 14

Welcome to the 14th incarnation of the popular Welcome thread for new members.

If you are new, feel free to post your greetings and salutations here.

If you are old, feel free to stop by from time to time and welcome the new folks to the playground.

Regardless of your current status, new or old, welcome to the Playground.

(Please do keep non-salutation conversations to a minimum here, Random Banter is there for a reason.)

Useful links:
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee
    I vote we purge flat_footed.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    flat_footed, you saved London, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli
    Yeah Flat_footed is such a killjoy. Let's take turns talking bad about him, he'll never read this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I didn't kill anyone, except I guess I killed everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Default Re: Hello and Welcome New Members! Part 14

Hello! Long-time player, long-time lurker here.

I have decided to make a new campaign recently, as a GM, in 3.5 since it is, by far, my favorite edition. It will probably have lots of houserules.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Hello! I'm a fairly new wanderer into the strange forest known as Dungeons & Dragons and I've been enjoying every last step. DMing LMoP with my room mates, and then once we're wrapped up, Curse of Strahd is being played in a seperate campaign. Very excited too play that one rather then DM! This is all 5e, but I've been interested in possibly learning 4e or 3e for the experience alone. Hoping too make some friends here and too use the site as a great source for information, help, and great memories!

Can't wait too hop on and meet everyone!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Hi I'm super new here

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

Hello not new, returning from the dust. How do I put up a picture?

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomePirate

Quote Originally Posted by XavierBrixton View Post
    Hello not new, returning from the dust. How do I put up a picture?
    Settings -> My account -> General settings.

Under "Miscellaneous Options" you'll find "Avatar", where you can set your picture, either from a premade list of OOTS options, or uploading your own.

Welcome back to the forums!
    Screaming defiance with the last breath

It would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as FREEDOM should not be highly rated.

My judgments and medals!

The Iron Chef Optimization spreadsheet!

Song, Sword, and Sorcery: my 5E homebrew half-caster bard (Version 2.0!)

7. - Top - End - #7
    Pixie in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

hi! I've been reading the comic (and forum) for years. ever since my dad got the first three books in paperback. and I decided I'd finally post because people are are wrong about things wont stand for it anymore! lol

8. - Top - End - #8

Well, Hello there! Seems like a fun place to play some games!

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

greetings frens, I've just posted a LFG / LFGM ad in PBP, let's play :3

10. - Top - End - #10
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGirl

Hello, humans! I exist now! Nice to meet you all! I'm Christal-Ruth, or just Ruth, and I've read this entire comic, I guess. Not the books though, I've not read those.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Pixie in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Hello, after years of lurking I finally decided to start posting.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Halfling in the Playground

MonkGuy

Hello everyone I'm a long time role player that only recently found this board. I hot to get a chance to talk to a lot of you and maybe even play in a game or two.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Pixie in the Playground

Hi I am new here and to dnd 5e and I hope I have fun playing a gnome rune knight in my first game

14. - Top - End - #14
    Pixie in the Playground

cool Re: Hello and Welcome New Members! Part 14

Heya! Second-gen D&Der here - I've been playing tabletop RPGs since I joined my dad's campaign group at age 12(ish), and I've been at it for more than a decade since, now mostly with my college & online friends. I've been reading OotS on and off for about that long too, but only this week binged the whole thing over again and caught up to the present! Excited to theorise with folks and maybe do some cool fanart or something. Using forums is really a blast from the past too, I haven't used anything but Discord for "fandom" stuff in years! Looking forward to it

15. - Top - End - #15

Hello there, I like ttrpg and this seems like a good place to do some things.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Pixie in the Playground

Thank you for your active involvement and for a welcoming and respectful environment on the forum. Your contributions are highly valued and make a significant difference creating a positive community.

Keep up the fantastic work.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Pixie in the Playground

Yo! My name is DiESF1RST (obvious gamer tag) but you can all call me Dies. I've been an on and off DM at the start of my college days, but since that's over and done with now, I'd lie to get back into DnD5e as both a player and DM! I'm really excited to be jumping back in and plan to make the most of it!!! All I ask is that you all forgive my horid spelling (even grammerly questions my words sometimes) lol

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomePirate

Quote Originally Posted by DiESF1RST View Post
    All I ask is that you all forgive my horid spelling (even grammerly questions my words sometimes) lol
    Horrid*.

Sorry, I couldn't resist
    Welcome to the Playground, Dies!
    Screaming defiance with the last breath

It would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as FREEDOM should not be highly rated.

My judgments and medals!

The Iron Chef Optimization spreadsheet!

Song, Sword, and Sorcery: my 5E homebrew half-caster bard (Version 2.0!)

19. - Top - End - #19
    Pixie in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Hola!

I am here from Argentina. Knowing this comic for years and I never registered.

Im planning my own comic inspiratted on Rich Burlew's work, I hope starting it soon and I wait ur support.

CHEERS!

20. - Top - End - #20
    Pixie in the Playground

Kia ora!

I'm trying to get back into using forums rather than things like Reddit because I think there is something special to a forum that bigger social media platforms can't capture.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Pixie in the Playground

Chimera

Greetings! Italian Karsus here. It seemed like a witty name at the time.

I'm looking specifically for Solauren, the guy who made a private crawl of the WotC forums in 2015. I can't seem to catch hide nor hair of him, I need 10 posts to e-mail, I hope I can find nine discussions to which I can contribute sometime this week. Or that he wanders in and checks his PMs... I do some archive work for the Forgotten Realms wiki.

Well, I'll go see if there's anything needing a perspective!

22. - Top - End - #22
    Pixie in the Playground

smile Re: Hello and Welcome New Members! Part 14

Howdy from Toon Town! I'm Roxby, Harold Roxby! King of Cartoons, Ruler of all Media, and Innocent Bystander. at your service. According to the words "King" and "Ruler" in my titles, I deserve and earn respect, but the trio of Cyber-Bullying critics has been shaming me for adding Canon-Related Characters in my Roleplays and my Fan Art and has been calling me a Gaslighter when I'm trying to be their REAL best friend and also blasphemer when I was explaining the facts about parody law. Despite what they blasphemed about me, I'm a good Crossover RPer and a Brilliant artist.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

To quote a podcast that it's pretty likely most folk here have never heard of on account of it being about cricket (the sport, not the insect), and which is actually a pretty silly thing to quote because it's so utterly generic if one isn't familiar with said podcast, "Hello-o-o-o!"

Long-time reader (goodness knows how far back, but I'm pretty sure it was before the Great Kazoo art upgrade), first time poster, here.

I can promise my sentence syntax won't be this abstruse for every future post, but unfortunately I might slip into multiple sub-clauses from time to time, though I'm sure it will be a relief to most that I do at least try to avoid nested parentheses, or brackets as we call them in the UK—and for those wondering, we call these things: [] "square brackets" which is super imaginative, I know.

Anyway, as you might have gathered from my ramblings above, I enjoy language and its use, which is handy as I write and talk for a living. I've previously worked in nearly all the sectors that people tend to dislike (sales, parking enforcement, law, journalism, public relations—really, I just need real estate and politics for the set) but at least my current employer is still pretty well-loved by most fellow Brits.

I've been interested in role-playing games since I was a kid, but unfortunately the gaming club at school was affected by the "Bothered About Dungeons & Dragons" nonsense at the time so I didn't get to try hobby until I was 14. My oldest friend had acquired a series of books being marketed by their publisher as the "British D&D"—something the authors never claimed, as the tone was rather more Sapkowski than Gygax—and after a couple of games I was hooked.

About a decade later, I was very lucky to be invited by another friend to join a campaign also featuring those authors, whom he'd got to know after interviewing one of them for his college magazine. It transpires that, sometimes, meeting your heroes is actually OK, and I'm still gaming with most of the group today. As is my wife.

In any event, at one point a fellow player made a reference to the celebrated "Up a Level, Down a Level" strip and, after I'd found it online, there was some proper bingeing of what at that point was the entire archive, plus the incentives and other bonus content.

I've joined the forums today to make an observation inspired by the latest page, so I'll hop over to its thread in a moment, but as this one exists specifically for newbies to say hello, I thought it only polite to do that first!
    Last edited by Daisho; 2023-07-04 at 06:49 PM.
    --
    "Calmness, not skill, is the sign of a matured samurai. A samurai should therefore be neither pompous nor arrogant." ~Tsukahara Bokuden

"Thesauruses are for wimps." ~TSR

24. - Top - End - #24
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Hey all. Figured it might be time to return to forums, although I've never had a proper account here I've certainly done my share of lurking
    Last edited by Errorname; 2023-07-06 at 02:19 AM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hello. I saw someone ask a question about HoMM and I figured I'd make an account to answer him

26. - Top - End - #26
    Pixie in the Playground

HI everyone. I'm new to the forums. I've been lurking for a bit, but now I'm here.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Pixie in the Playground

eek Re: Hello and Welcome New Members! Part 14

hi! i discovered the comics recently and have been obsessively reading them all over the past weeks... i will probably just lurk.. maybe draw some things... yeah..
    do not listen to this person!!!!

28. - Top - End - #28
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomePirate

Greetings and salutations! Old guy here, recently returned to TTRPGs after having 30 years of life get in the way. My first experience was with AD&D first iteration, and David Hargrave's Arduin Grimoire. I'm currently playtesting my original LoTR-ish world and system. Looking forward to getting to know people. Discord: analogdude.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Pixie in the Playground

Hi all!

I'm actually a returning user, but I lost my old login email and information. If you happen to remember someone named "Soft Serve" that was probably me.

With the collapse of Reddit I'm happily returning to old vBulletin style communities for my TTRPG conversations, and I've been reading OOTS regularly all this time anyway, so GitP seemed like a natural place to make a triumphant return.

The fact that I'm doing it during the month of the 20 year anniversary of 3.5e, which was the game that got me into all this math rock rolling business in the first place, just feels like a perfect poetic circle.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Pixie in the Playground

Hi all.

Been using this forum for rulings/build ideas (and reading OOTS) since like 2015, but never made an account til now. Better late than never.

Also, had a question I wanted to ask, so there's that too.