New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: (OOC) San Francisco by Night II: A Requiem in Fog

Ooh secret passages. Too bad I didn’t think of that.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

Is that the same plant from the Circle of Crone meeting Aisling went to?
    "Even in these chains, you can't stop me!" - In This Moment, Big Bad Wolf

3. - Top - End - #183
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Just as an aside, I have not "responded" to Anna and Lillith because it seemed like they were still discussing. But please let me know how/if you want them moved.
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Given Alejandro's reaction, I think it's a safe bet it is either the same plant or the same kind of plant. Not that Karl knows anything about that.
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

5. - Top - End - #185
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    Just as an aside, I have not "responded" to Anna and Lillith because it seemed like they were still discussing. But please let me know how/if you want them moved.
    Oh. I thought we were done. Is there something else for us to do? Honestly Anna's just going to keep searching and looting until she's convinced there's nothing more to find, or she can't do it safely anymore. Ideally she's looking for the mirror but if she can't find it she might as well gather what other stuff she can and return it to people later to garner favor. She'll probably leave about two hours before sunrise before heading off. Does she have her backpack with her, or something to carry stuff in?
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

6. - Top - End - #186
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

I honestly have nothing else specifically for Anna and Lillith to do. I kinda figured it was a wrap earlier, but everyone kept searching And as a quick hint... The Prince never had the Mirror!!!

I don't think Anna has a backpack, but there are trash bags and the like. I don't think it would be too hard to rig something together.
    Show

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

I honestly have nothing else specifically for Anna and Lillith to do. I kinda figured it was a wrap earlier, but everyone kept searching And as a quick hint... The Prince never had the Mirror!!!

I don't think Anna has a backpack, but there are trash bags and the like. I don't think it would be too hard to rig something together.
    Anna doesn’t know who had the mirror, she’s assuming the prince had it since he presumably diablerized estella. Going to RP with Lilith for the time being while we search.
    TC for short

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Okay then, as it looks like everyone is about ready, I plan on wrapping things up in the next few posts. Please consider this when responding to my upcoming IC post, the goal will be to finish up in the next round or so of posting.
    Show

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay then, as it looks like everyone is about ready, I plan on wrapping things up in the next few posts. Please consider this when responding to my upcoming IC post, the goal will be to finish up in the next round or so of posting.
    I'm pretty much good to move on. The dream was a nice touch and a great chance to see a hint of the life Aisling had with Gazren before her embrace.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Okay, here we go with the beats tally. To spare me from having to write this for individual characters, all characters gain three beats for finishing this Act of the story, which was a very extended scene, as well as a single beat towards each of the shared aspirations (Depose Gorman, gain political power for the coterie, and protect the ghouls). This totals to 1xp and 1 beat straight for each character.

I am also giving the coterie a shared Status (SF Kindred) OO, for their relationship to the new Prince and their role in removing Gorman.

Beyond the above:

-Anna: Anna gains a beat towards her first Aspiration of gaining safety and security, related to everything that happened in the last scene and the gain in status. She gains a beat for convincing Victor to help her with her blood supply plans. Anna gains a beat for killing, and therefore resolving the Tempted condition. Anna gains an extra beat for the shared aspiration of protecting mortal companions in ferrying Bernardo through the Opera House. Therefore, Anna has gained 2 experience points, and is now at 1 beat and 5 xp.

-Karl: Karl gains a beat for surviving the chase scene against Schultz as part of his aspiration to overthrow and kill The Sheriff (this is separate than the beat I gave Karl for killing the sheriff, note he also already got a beat for damage taken during that fight). Karl gains a beat for killing and therefore resolving the Tempted condition. Karl gains an extra beat for the shared aspiration of protecting mortal companions in ferrying Gabrielle through the Operah house. Karl gains 4 beats and 1 xp total, bringing his new tally to 0 beats and 4 XP.

-Lillith: Gains a beat for taking significant damage into her right most health boxes. She gains an extra beat towards humiliating the Prince, in so far as she took part in killing him (I don't think we have to resolve this aspiration if you want, I could see Lillith getting a job for Prince D'Agostino in propaganda against Gorman if that's something you are interested in Ladorak). She therefore gains 1 xp and 3 beats for a new total of 4 beats and 1 xp.

-Aisling: Aisling gains a beat for her dream, in which she (I believe) now knows more about the purpose of Gazren's book. She overall gains 2 beats and 1 xp for a new total of 4 beats and 1xp.

Please let me know if and how you want to spend XP. Please let me know if you are updating yoru aspirations. I am updating everyone's character boxes now. I will propose new Coterie Aspirations shortly

EDIT: Note Karl must replace his resolved aspiration of killing Schultz.
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2019-09-21 at 10:49 AM.
    Show

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground

I think I'd agree. She does know a bit more about it now. Plus it opens some new questions for her too.

I'm going to hold off on spending any XP since she spent time in Torpor, but my immediate goals for spending will be an increase to the Occult skill, a specialization in Crone Lore and some more Cruac and Protean.

Benno, do you want me to let everyone get a post in before she wakes? Do you want to write it, or am I okay to do it (keeping in mind Bestial x2 condition and post-frenzy).
    Last edited by Erulasto; 2019-09-22 at 02:19 AM.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Titan in the Playground

Overthrow prince Gorman sub aspiration can go.

Did Anna receive a beat for getting her mortal relatives and ex fiancée out of town?

The third aspiration can go since that’s basically just spending xp. Instead I think we should replace it with: secure her role as a Hound, gain the approval of the new Sheriff and gain a reputation among the city as an effective Hound.

Xp spend will be one in coil of the wyrm which she is studying under Miho to learn.
    TC for short

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

@Erulasto: Yes, go ahead and post now, my IC post pretty much agrees with what you asked.

@TC: Would you give me a list of your new proposed 3 aspirations? I gave her beats for protecting Daniel for that back with that interlude scene I believe. A coil of the dragon in your chosen mystery is 3 xp. I will subtract this from your character box. Please update your character sheet with the coil "Stir the Beast", page 157.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #194
    Titan in the Playground

Aspirations:
    1. Gain safety and security.
    1a. Gain domain and legal control over a mental institution for the purpose of creating a blood farm.
    1b. Gain trustworthy help during the day (ghoul, staff, etc). (Celestine)
    1c. Create a safe haven for resting during the day (coven)
    1d. Create a safehouse which can be fled to in times of trouble.
    1e. Address the animosity of the Spear
    1f. Continue to gain influence within the Ordo.
    1g. Solidify the relationship with Daniel and Ariel
    2. End organized crime in the city.
    2a. Eliminate Kindred reliance on organized crime in the city
    2a(i). Discover the various Kindred needs which are filled by organized crime in the city and devise alternative methods by which they can be met.
    2a(ii). Identify Kindred who need to be swayed in order to implement said alternative methods, and sway them
    2b. Identify members of organized crime in the city
    2c. Identify allies (among both Kine and Kindred) who share the same goal, like a judge, a police captain or chief, and a district attorney.
    3. Take on the role of Hound
    3a. Make a positive impression on the new Sheriff
    3b. Become known in the city as an effective Hound
    3c. Find Lady Miho’s mirror

Edit: realized I forgot to add the bit about Daniel and added that as part of aspiration 1.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2019-09-23 at 07:24 PM.
    TC for short

15. - Top - End - #195
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Can we narrow Aspiration 1 to " Gain domain and legal control over a mental institution for the purpose of creating a blood farm.", as the rest of the aspiration is basically covered under a group aspiration?

Sorry for the delay in posting. New resident yesterday + three admissions meant I didn't eat/drink anything other than coffee till I got home late to cook my wife and myself dinner.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

Yes that’s fine.
    TC for short

17. - Top - End - #197
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

@TC: I have updated Anna's aspirations in her Character Box according to what we discussed, and fleshed out Aspiration 1 a little. Please let me know if this is okay.

@Daishain: Karl must replace his resolved aspiration of killing Schultz.

@All: I've updated the Coterie Aspirations, please review as these are additional ways to make beats.
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2019-09-24 at 09:43 AM.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #198
    Titan in the Playground

Anna has a major boon from d'agnostino.
    TC for short

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

My apologies, you are correct. I never updated any of the characters' boons from D'Agostino. I've added this to the character boxes for Karl, Anna and Aisling.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #200
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

How many hours left until Dawn? And is there a target that Aisling would more easily be able to access? I don’t know if she’d be likely to just pick a random stranger off the street and kill them, but I also don’t think she’d know where to find someone with ties to Gorman or the Sheriff.

Maybe Blackstar, but that would end horribly and despite Beastial x2 I can’t see her being that stupid.
    Its somewhere after 4am. There's probably about 1.5-2 hours left before dawn depending on how much you want to push it.

Aisling may not know where to find someone tied to Gorman, but both Anna and Karl are members of the Invictus and would probably know...
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2019-09-28 at 09:44 AM.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #201
    Titan in the Playground

Anna is Ordo Dracul.
    TC for short

22. - Top - End - #202
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Oy. My bad. Sleep deprivation is my only excuse
    Show

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground

@ALL: I edited my last IC post to include a question about Gorman's old allies. FYI.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

My sincere apologies everyone. To say the last few days have been kicking my butt would be an understatement. On Monday I was at work till after 9pm, and yesterday, before the end of work all I had to eat or drink was a small bowl of cereal we give to patients and a little carton of milk.

Anyways, my post rate should be improved for the rest of the week!

Getting to everything now.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #205
    Titan in the Playground

Where and how Anna hunts is going to depend on Lilith providing a target for Aisling. Anna might just suck some vitae from whoever she decides to take down. Will let Aisling decide what she wants to do.
    TC for short

26. - Top - End - #206
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Ok, sounds fair. And sorry again about botching Anna's Covenant. I think I associate Anna and Karl as being from the same background because they are both Mekhets, but of course it is Lillith and Karl who are Invictus members.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #207
    Titan in the Playground

Ah don’t worry about it, I attribute it to sleep deprivation. Messes me up too.

Edit: FYI Anna is going to try to talk Aisling out of attacking another Kindred on the way, to go for a kine instead.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2019-10-02 at 07:56 PM.
    TC for short

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't think Aisling's target needs to be Kindred. I'd venture to say the Beast just wants a bit of come-uppance to someone that the Prince had in their pocket. Even a ghoul or a favoured mortal servant.

I think, while it's not something Aisling could pull off herself, that finding a target like that would be a politics or status roll, maybe? Knowing who is who in the former Prince's retinue?

29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Erulasto View Post
    I don't think Aisling's target needs to be Kindred. I'd venture to say the Beast just wants a bit of come-uppance to someone that the Prince had in their pocket. Even a ghoul or a favoured mortal servant.

I think, while it's not something Aisling could pull off herself, that finding a target like that would be a politics or status roll, maybe? Knowing who is who in the former Prince's retinue?
    That’s what Lilith just did and identified someone, but she hasn’t told us yet.

Anna to know of a ghoul or mortal and where to find them?: int + politics:(3d10)[4][6][3](13)
    10 again:
    (3d10)[7][8][6](21)
    TC for short

30. - Top - End - #210
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

TC is corect, but unfortunately, Anna's been too isolated with the Ordo Dracul and does not know Invictus politics well enough to think of someone vulnerable who was allied with The Prince.
    Show