Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 132829303132333435363738
Results 1,111 to 1,124 of 1124
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: MTG - You Make The Card VII: Your Custom Planeswalker Card Died in War of the Spa

Quote Originally Posted by Tom the Mime View Post
    I would definitely play this in a janky Mardu Squee deck, going infinite with corpse knight, marauding raptor or kruin striker
    Don't forget Food Chain
    Stop using good evidence and logic that makes sense to refute points, that's my job
    Lots of people seem to use blue for sarcasm, I decided I should too
    Quote Originally Posted by nabcif View Post
    Nitpick: I believe you'll find that only our heads explode. Page 43 of Book of Pedantic Forumites, if memory serves.
    I have joined the ranks of the FFRPeople Here is my character.

Thank you to Linkele for creating my avatar!

2. - Top - End - #1112

ElfMonkGuy

Default Re: MTG - You Make The Card VII: Your Custom Planeswalker Card Died in War of the Spa

Fleeting Rebirth 5WWW
    Enchantment (MR)
    Fleeting Rebirth enters the battlefield with 20 rejuvenation counters on it.
    Cumulative Upkeep: Remove a rejuvenation counter from False Rebirth.
    At the beginning of your end step, your life total becomes equal to the number of rejuvenation counters on Fleeting Rebirth.

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Bugbear in the Playground

Judging has been completed.

Spoiler: Skullchanger - Quiddle
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiddle View Post
    Skullchanger 2B
    Creature - Skeleton Wizard U
    Pay 1: Discard a card then put the top card of your library into the graveyard.
    Sacrifice CARDNAME: Return target creature card from your graveyard to your hand.
    3/1
    To someone who didn't know how abusable the graveyard is, the first activated ability would appear to be a cost for more costs. Because the discard is an effect, this card becomes a stronger graveyard filler while hellbent, but there are still plenty of reasons to discard a particular card with a full hand. The second ability keeps the card relevant if you don't need graveyard filling or are out of mana.

Spoiler: Time Shunt - Tom the Mime
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom the Mime View Post
    Time Shunt 1U
    Instant U
    Exile target creature and put 2 time counters on it. If it doesn't have suspend, it gains suspend.
    Slowly flicker a creature. The two turns it's missing are either tenser than usual because you're missing a blocker, or because you need to move fast to take advantage of a temporary opening. Using the card on the opponent's turn softens the drawback of slow flickering your own creature while maximizing the effect of slow flickering an opponent's, which helps the viability of both options.

Spoiler: Clueless Aristocrat - Dr. Gunsforhands
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gunsforhands View Post
    Clueless Aristocrat - W
    A child of maybe 13 with silk pajamas and a silver circlet sits at a table with a jigsaw puzzle. It looks like they're considering eating the pieces. Outside the window behind them, the world is clearly burning.
    Creature - Human Noble C
    Sacrifice a creature: Look at the bottom card of your library.
    1/1
    This card is ultimate enabler for sacrifice decks, allowing you to activate your death triggers whenever you want. The low mana cost and nigh-useless effect mean that all the card's use comes in the cost. However, I think that makes the card feel blandly powerful, with none of the tension that makes potentially useful costs interesting.

Spoiler: Broken Stalemate - DeTess
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by DeTess View Post
    Broken stalemate R
    instant U
    ~ deals 3 damage to any target. Then that player or that permanent's controller may pay 1. If the player does, they may copy this spell and may choose a new target for that copy.
    While this card is quite similar to Chain Lighting, the generic cost would make it plays differently in practice. The easier cost makes it stronger in combos, but worse as a burn spell because this card is more likely to be retargeted towards the one who cast it. The sort of inefficiency that aggro decks normally would punish can be used against one running this card.

Spoiler: Avatar of Possibility - Misothene
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Misothene View Post
    Creature- Avatar MR
    When Avatar of Possibility enters the battlefield, exile your hand and graveyard. For each card exiled this way, search your library for a basic land card and put it onto the battlefield tapped. Then shuffle your library.
    Trample
    6/6
    Extreme ramp at the cost of the cards needed to take advantage of it. Removing the graveyard was a good choice, since allowing cards to stay there would make finding a way to use the mana too easy. The two obvious methods of taking advantage of the card are to refill your hand with delayed draw after casting it, and to spend the mana on activated abilities of permanents on the battlefield. Using the card effectively is a challenge, especially since the lands entering tapped gives opponents time to interfere with your plan to regain the lost card advantage, but the reward is grand.

Spoiler: Form of the Demon - ben-zayb
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ben-zayb View Post
    Form of the Demon 3BBB
    Enchantment R
    When ~ enters the battlefield, your life total becomes 6.
    At the beginning of each opponent's upkeep, they sacrifice a creature. If they can't, search your library for a card and put that card into your hand. Then shuffle your library.
    This is a flavorful, hard to use finisher. The search is hard to set up because you need to clear the opponent's board of creatures, but easy to maintain once in place because you can search for more removal. The life total set ensures the transition between these two states will be tense.

Spoiler: Advocate's Charm - mystic1110
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by mystic1110 View Post
    Advocate's Charm XW
    Instant R
    Choose X. You may choose the same mode more than once.
    • Return target card from an opponent’s graveyard to their hand. Prevent all damage that would be dealt to any target this turn by a source of your choice.
    • Return two target cards from an opponent’s graveyard to their hand. Destroy target attacking creature.
    • Return three target cards from an opponent’s graveyard to their hand. Return target creature card from your graveyard to the battlefield.
    This is a clear callback to the Judgment advocate cards. Like those cards, casting this one would start a mad dash for favors. Spreading the card advantage gained across multiple opponents to mitigate it is easier with this singular instant compared to the original cards. This is an effective iteration on the drawback of the original cards.

Spoiler: Social Distancing Bouncer - KAmber
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by KAmber View Post
    Social Distancing Bouncer 2UU
    Creature - Competent Human R
    Whenever a creature enters the battlefield, return each other creature to their owners' hands.
    6/6
    High stats, but since the card needs to enter on an empty board to have a shot at attacking it won't get the opportunity often. The card's drawback is self-fueling, which helps it act as a drawback. If your opponent can gain advantage of the reentry of their creatures, then you can't safely slow down the game using the card. The frequency of ETB effects makes this card less powerful than it seems, which is good for a strong effect.

Spoiler: Engine of Dark Justice - Personification
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Personification View Post
    Engine of Dark Justice BBB
    Whenever a player sacrifices a permanent or a creature dies for any other reason, each opponent loses 1 life and you gain 1 life. (Sacrificing a creature only causes this to trigger once)
    Sacrifice a creature: Each player loses two life
    When the mad artificer learned that justice meant "an eye for an eye, a life for a life" he devised a machine to make the world just.
    The static effect is decent, chip draining the opponent off a frequent trigger. That the card drains the opponents when you use your own removal pushes it further. The sacrifice effect can easily turn that chip damage into something game ending, as your opponent loses three life for every one life you lose in the process. The flavor seems a little scattered, though.

Spoiler: Wierdcycler - NecroticPlague
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroticplague View Post
    Wierdcycler 3
    Artifact - U
    Exile a creature you control: Add X mana of any color to your mana pool, where X is the CMC of the exiled creature. You may only this mana to cast spells with the same name as the exiled cart. (The cmc of noncopy tokens is 0)
    Out with the old, and in with the new.
    A combo piece through and through, as the non-combo use seems impractical. You'd need a copy of another card in hand and on the battlefield at sorcery speed. Loops based around the with the card seem fair, since they require a third card to take advantage of.

Spoiler: Fleeting Rebirth - mythmonster2
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by mythmonster2 View Post
    Fleeting Rebirth 5WWW
    Enchantment (MR)
    Fleeting Rebirth enters the battlefield with 20 rejuvenation counters on it.
    Cumulative Upkeep: Remove a rejuvenation counter from False Rebirth.
    At the beginning of your end step, your life total becomes equal to the number of rejuvenation counters on Fleeting Rebirth.
    The card seems reminiscent of Providence, but with more long term power. Your opponent can wait out the card, but that'll give you time to do something about the reason you chose to play it. There's also some built in counterplay because damage dealt the turn before you sacrifice this remains in play.

Spoiler: Top 3
    Show

Avatar of Possibility - Misothene
    Form of the Demon - ben-zayb
    Fleeting Rebirth - mythmonster2

Spoiler: Winner
    Show

Avatar of Possibility - Misothene
    Link to true signature
    Feel free to sig anything I post, just do so in quote format.

4. - Top - End - #1114

Quote Originally Posted by TurboGhast View Post
    The flavor seems a little scattered, though.
    Eh, I was trying something. I actually had a different name, couldn't come up with suitably cool flavor text, then thought of the flavor text I went with and changed the name to match.
    Stop using good evidence and logic that makes sense to refute points, that's my job
    Lots of people seem to use blue for sarcasm, I decided I should too
    Quote Originally Posted by nabcif View Post
    Nitpick: I believe you'll find that only our heads explode. Page 43 of Book of Pedantic Forumites, if memory serves.
    I have joined the ranks of the FFRPeople Here is my character.

Thank you to Linkele for creating my avatar!

5. - Top - End - #1115
    Ghost in the Playground

Kobold

Thanks for the selection and the comments!

For the next challenge: Make a Cat or cat-themed card!

Creatures with the Cat type count, including creatures with multiple types (e.g. Frost Lynx) and cat-humanoids (e.g. Leonin, etc.). Ajani planeswalkers qualify, as would new cat planeswalkers. "Cat-themed" is pretty open-ended; tribal interaction with Cats obviously counts, but anything with some kind of clear tie to cat-related things or behavior would work.

6. - Top - End - #1116
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Couldn't resist when I remembered the saying

Curious Stray U
    Creature - Cat U
    Whenever ~ deals combat damage to a player, draw a card and sacrifice ~.
    Curiosity killed the cat
    2/2

Spoiler: Alternate version
    Show

Curious Stray U
    Creature - Cat U
    Whenever ~ deals combat damage to a player, draw a card and sacrifice ~.
    B, Discard a card: Return ~ from the graveyard to the battlefield.
    ...but satisfaction brought it back
    1/1

Not sure which version I'll go with yet.

Edit: @Quiddle - I can see what you mean with the alternate version being a bit red as it's a slow looting effect but curiosity is blue enough and reanimation is black enough that I think it still fits. For the first one, curiosity effects are primary in blue (curiosity, thieving magpie, curious obsession, thieving otter) and secondary in green. I don't really feel that having to sacrifice it if it hits makes it red. Red does have more temporary creatures but that's all about elementals that fizzle out at the end of the turn which isn't what this is or does.
    Last edited by Tom the Mime; 2020-06-03 at 04:38 AM.
    Being a mime means never having to say you're sorry.

7. - Top - End - #1117
    Dwarf in the Playground

Seems like a futuresight card. This effect/body feels distinctly red.

Dazing Swipe 1U
    Instant
    You may tap a cat creature you control rather than pay this spell's mana cost.
    Counter target spell unless its controller pays [1].
    "I've got to get a new familiar."-Corwin, the easily-distracted

Spoiler: ideas
    Show
    Lingering Stray 1B
    Creature - Cat Spirt U
    Lifelink
    Whenever you cast a Cat spell if ~ is in the graveyard return it to the battlefield.
    1/2

dang i love Shelf Guardian
    Last edited by Quiddle; 2020-06-03 at 08:18 PM.
    Spoiler: My Homebrew(3.5):
    Show
    All hail the white space, for from it all posts are shaped.
    Hey look, it is the oldest trick in the book!

8. - Top - End - #1118
    Troll in the Playground

Shelf Guardian - 1W
    A cat is on the roof of an Orzhov basilica, slowly pushing a gargoyle off of its perch.
    Creature - Cat C
    When Shelf Guardian enters the battlefield, if G or R was spent to cast it, you may destroy target artifact.
    3/1
    Mina, Lynera, Ajax, Vena.

9. - Top - End - #1119
    Troll in the Playground

Cat o' nine tails 2
    Artifact - Equipment U
    Equiped Creature has "T: this creature deals damage to target creature equal to the damage already dealt to it this turn. If that creature dies, untap this creature."
    Equip 2
    Last edited by mystic1110; 2020-06-03 at 04:45 PM.
    Spoiler: YinBao
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    Yea, that is a nice rabbit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    YinBao is fluffy and warm like all rabbits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
    Yes, I am a shameless YinBao fan...
    Quote Originally Posted by Phobia View Post
    YinBao and Ran Yang Li. The ultimate bromance! XD

Spoiler: In-Arl
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PossiblyInsane View Post
    HOW HAS THIS WORLD BECOME SO AWED BY A PATHETIC, TIRED CHICKEN?
    Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    All Praise In-Arl for his wisdom and tasty dark meat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
    Yay! PTSD Chicken!

10. - Top - End - #1120
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

Schrodinger's Box 1
    Artifact U
    1,T, Sacrifice ~: Draw a card
    Whenever ~ would leave the battlefield, choose one at random:
    • Create a 0/1 white Cat creature token with lifelink.
    • Create a 1/0 black Cat creature token with deathtouch.

You have to open it to find out.

Spoiler: Joke Submission
    Show
    Really Big Litter-Box
    Tribal Land- Cat Desert R
    T: Add C
    T: Add one mana of any color. Use this mana only to cast cat spells or to activate the ability of a cat permanent.
    A fundamental truth about existence: All is to be laughed at.

Lawful Evil with Chaotic Good tendencies. Have fun figuring that out.

How to deal with Slowbro in Gen 1:
    1. Mewtwo
    2. there is no #2.

Quote Originally Posted by Man_Over_Game View Post
    Well, that makes you Dr. Robotnik. So...yeah?

11. - Top - End - #1121
    Titan in the Playground

Tail o’ Nine Cats 5
    Artifact Equipment - R
    This card does not become detached from a creature it is currently attached to when it is equipped.
    Equip 3
    Equipped creature gains the abilities of all other equipped creatures.

12. - Top - End - #1122
    Ogre in the Playground

Fluffy, the fast and the furrious 2R
    [the art shows a ginger cat with a leather pilot's cap on its head sitting in some kind of cockpit ]
    Legendary creature - cat pilot R
    haste
    When ~ becomes tapped, you may discard a card. If you do, draw a card.
    T: Gain control of target vehicle until end of turn. It becomes an artifact creatures until end of turn. Untap that vehicle. It gains haste until end of turn.
    "If I fits, I sits. And then I takes it for drive."
    1/3
    Jasnah avatar by Zea Mays

13. - Top - End - #1123
    Ogre in the Playground

Cat Umbra 2GG
    Enchantment - Aura U
    Enchant Creature
    Enchanted Creature gets +1/+1.
    Totem Armor 8 (Enters the battlefield with 8 Life counters on it. If enchanted creature would be destroyed, instead remove all damage from it and a Life counter from this Aura. Sacrifice this Aura if it has no Life counters on it.)
    Last edited by Bucky; Yesterday at 02:20 PM.
    The gnomes once had many mines, but now they have gnome ore.

14. - Top - End - #1124
    Ogre in the Playground

Leonin Confiscator - 1W
    Creature - Cat Soldier
    Vigilance
    Whenever an opponent activates an activated ability of a nonland permanent they control, exile that permanent until Leonin Confiscator leaves the battlefield.
    2/2
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Cizak View Post
    I'm gonna be against the flow here and say outlined.

What? Everyone else are against the flow too, okay?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    In the grim statistics of the far future, there is only math.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Most Hilarious Murderer in the Playground. Both his episodes of hysterically ending my life left me chuckling even hours later when I thought about them.
    And more in the extended signature!

Extended signature