Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: MTG - You Make The Card VII: Your Custom Planeswalker Card Died in War of the Spa

Quote Originally Posted by Tom the Mime View Post
    Knight time 1UU
    Creature - Legendary merfolk knight R
    Whenever Knight Time deals combat damage to a player, you may pay 1UU and exert Knight Time. If you do, tap all creatures that player controls and they don't untap during their next upkeep
    2/2

Exert and legendary to prevent a complete lockdown with of the effect letting the next lot of combat damage to g through. Still not a great balance, but it's really there for the joke and the sleep effect (because the creatures should fall asleep at nightime.
    Exert feels messy here as it normally comes with reminder text, (which is missing here), and normally functions as somthing used during an attack. I'd simply template it as:

Whenever Knight Time deals combat damage to a player, you may pay 1UU. If you do, tap all creatures that player controls, they don't untap during their next upkeep. If you do this tap Knight Time, it doesn't untap during your next untap step.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Barbarian in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: MTG - You Make The Card VII: Your Custom Planeswalker Card Died in War of the Spa

Animated Armour 5
    Artifact Creature - Knight R
    Vigilance
    3, T, Exile Animated Armour: Target creature you control gets +3/+3 and gains vigilance (this effect lasts indefinitely). When that creature leaves the battlefield, return Animated Armour from exile to the battlefield tapped. Activate this ability only any time you could cast a sorcery.
    3/3

I considered trying to make it an equipment (something like "3, T: Animated Armour becomes an equipment attached to target creature with "Equip 3" and "Equipped creature gets +3/+3 and gains vigilance" until it's not attached to a creature") but that just seemed really unwieldy.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    Animated Armour 5
    Vigilance
    3, T, Exile Animated Armour: Target creature you control gets +3/+3 and gains vigilance (this effect lasts indefinitely). When that creature leaves the battlefield, return Animated Armour from exile to the battlefield tapped. Activate this ability only any time you could cast a sorcery.
    3/3

I considered trying to make it an equipment (something like "3, T: Animated Armour becomes an equipment attached to target creature with "Equip 3" and "Equipped creature gets +3/+3 and gains vigilance" until it's not attached to a creature") but that just seemed really unwieldy.
    Actually that later example does sort of exist via this: https://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/C...verseid=218055

4. - Top - End - #334
    Ghost in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by EvilDMMk3 View Post
    Eldritch Knight - 1WU

Creature - Elemental Knight - U

Flash.

When Eldritch Knight enters play, counter target spell that would otherwise counter a spell you control.

Some Knights protect people, others protect their works.

3/3
    The second ability doesn't work. The game can't determine what would or wouldn't counter a spell, or process the "effect" of a spell on the stack much at all. As an example, how would it know whether something like Quench or Mana Leak "would counter" your spell?

Quote Originally Posted by Man_Over_Game View Post
    Warp-Guard Sentinel UU2
    Creature - Moonfolk Wizard Knight - R
    Flash, Flanking, First Strike, Haste
    At the end of each turn, return ~ to its owner's hand or tap it.
    Masters of space-time, one arrives precisely when he means to.
    2/2
    Blue doesn't get any of these keyword abilities except Flash. As an example, the only monoblue creature with Haste ever printed is Bonded Fetch, which also has Defender.

Quote Originally Posted by Personification View Post
    "What, behind the rabbit?"

My entry:
    Wojek Loxodon 4WW
    Creature-Elephant Knight (R)
    Vigilance
    3RR-Attacking creatures get +2/+0
    3/4
    Though born among the Selesnya, he found his true calling among the Boros footsoldiers. Now he leads his men, bolstering them with his trumpet-like battle cry.

I think you're missing "until end of turn" in the activated ability.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Misothene View Post
    The second ability doesn't work. The game can't determine what would or wouldn't counter a spell, or process the "effect" of a spell on the stack much at all. As an example, how would it know whether something like Quench or Mana Leak "would counter" your spell?
    This should be pretty easy to fix saying "counter target spell that targets a spell you control". It broadens it a bit by targeting copy effects like expansion too and things like Narsets reversal which technically don't counter but do in effect. The main functionality is the same though and works rules wise.
    Being a mime means never having to say you're sorry.

6. - Top - End - #336

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Carl View Post
    Actually that later example does sort of exist via this: https://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/C...verseid=218055
    Right, except that only works on noncreature, nonequipment artifacts. In order for the suit of armour to work properly as an equipment, it would have to have an effect which both equipped it, and stopped it being a creature at the same time.

As an aside, Bludgeon Brawl gets weird with vehicles.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Right, except that only works on noncreature, nonequipment artifacts. In order for the suit of armour to work properly as an equipment, it would have to have an effect which both equipped it, and stopped it being a creature at the same time.

Give it a living weapon like trigger on etb and equipped creature death? Always an equipment and attached to a 0/0 by default.
    Being a mime means never having to say you're sorry.

8. - Top - End - #338

Thanks Miso, I fixed it.
    Stop using good evidence and logic that makes sense to refute points, that's my job
    Lots of people seem to use blue for sarcasm, I decided I should too
    Quote Originally Posted by nabcif View Post
    Nitpick: I believe you'll find that only our heads explode. Page 43 of Book of Pedantic Forumites, if memory serves.
    I have joined the ranks of the FFRPeople Here is my character.

Thank you to Linkele for creating my avatar!

9. - Top - End - #339
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Sure but all you have to do is add a line to the end of the equip wording from that card stating card name is not a creature whilst it is attached to a creature.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

This should be pretty easy to fix saying "counter target spell that targets a spell you control". It broadens it a bit by targeting copy effects like expansion too and things like Narsets reversal which technically don't counter but do in effect. The main functionality is the same though and works rules wise.
    Thanks, now reads:

Eldritch Knight - 1WU

Flash.

When Eldritch Knight enters play, counter target spell that targets a spell you control.

3/3
    GNU Terry Pratchett

11. - Top - End - #341

Knight of Winter 1UB
    Creature - Spirit Knight - Rare

When Knight of Winter enters the battlefield, choose one: -

- Return target creature to its owner's hand
    - Name a nonland card, then target opponent reveals their hand and discards all cards with that name.
    - Put three +1/+1 counter on Knight of Winter and sacrifice a creature.

1/2

12. - Top - End - #342
    Colossus in the Playground

Knight Mare Captain 4BB
    Creature - Nightmare Horse Knight
    Flying
    ~'s power and toughness is equal to the number of swamps you control.
    Other Knight's you control gain +1+1
    */*
    Its hooves bring thunder, its blade brings lightning. Dreams and reality alike are torn asunder in its armies wake.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2019-07-24 at 01:02 PM.

Ronin Avatar by Cuthalion. Jump and Slash!
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

13. - Top - End - #343
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaman View Post
    It's been a week.

14. - Top - End - #344
    Ogre in the Playground

Judgement will happen tomorrow.
    Last edited by Ninjaman; 2019-07-27 at 03:22 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Cizak View Post
    I'm gonna be against the flow here and say outlined.

What? Everyone else are against the flow too, okay?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    In the grim statistics of the far future, there is only math.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Most Hilarious Murderer in the Playground. Both his episodes of hysterically ending my life left me chuckling even hours later when I thought about them.
    And more in the extended signature!

Extended signature

15. - Top - End - #345
    Bugbear in the Playground

Revenant Knight 2BW
    Creature - Zombie Knight R
    Menace, Vigilance
    Whenever you're dealt damage, you may pay 2BW. If you do, return Revenant Knight from your graveyard to the battlefield.
    2/2
    Even death didn't end his quest.
    Link to true signature
    Feel free to sig anything I post, just do so in quote format.

16. - Top - End - #346
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Necroticplague - Chivalry
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroticplague View Post
    Chivalry 4W
    Creature-Incarnation Knight R
    At the beginning of combat, if Chivalry is in the graveyard, you may pay 2W. If you do, the creatures you control with the highest power among permanents you control gain vigilance until end of turn.
    4/4
    The idea of an incarnation knight is cool, but this card is so bad. Wonder gives all your creatures flying just by having an island, here you have to pay 3 mana, which is a lot, for vigilance, which is a much weaker keyword, and it doesn't even give it to all your creatures. It's just way too underpowered to ever be of any use.

Spoiler: Bucky - Viashino Half-Sigil
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Viashino Half-Sigil 1RW
    Creature - Viashino Knight U
    When Viashino Half-Sigil attacks, choose one:
    • Viashino Half-Sigil gets +X/+X until end of turn, where X is the number of non-attacking creatures you control.
    • Each other attacking creature gets +1/+0 until end of turn.

Part-time champion, part-time commander.
    2/3
    So it either swings with your entire board for lots of damage, or by itself to go through big things. This might be good enough in limited to warrant making it a rare, but that might depend on the limited format. Other than that I can't put a finger on the design, it is flexible and still good at it's individual effects, without being overpowered.

Spoiler: redjinx - Scrapyard Paladin
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by redjinx View Post
    Scrapyard Paladin 1RR
    Creature - Goblin Knight U
    (Art - a goblin mounted on a mangy dog, with a crushed helmet for a shield and a length of sharpened pipe for a lance.)
    When Scrapyard Paladin enters the battlefield, you may return target Equipment from your graveyard to the battlefield attached to Scrapyard Paladin.
    2/1
    "Knight," "blacksmith," and "trash collector" share only one word in the goblin language.
    The effect is nice and balanced, though equipment matters effects are usually in white, which makes me sad this card isn't at least multicolored to make it more easily splash-able for the decks that will need it. As it is now it's probably only going to see play in Daretti decks and the like that plan on cheating in an argentum armor or something similar, which is sad, because I feel the card could have had more potential in white.

Spoiler: Quiddle - Night Knight
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiddle View Post
    Night Knight 1BB
    Creature - Nightmare Horse Knight (R)
    First Strike
    Whenever CARDNAME deals damage to a creature search its controller's hand and graveyard, you may exile any number of cards with the same name as the creature.
    2/3
    So it's a horse that rides on another horse? The effect seems possibly weak, and worded quite confusingly. I can't tell if it's supposed to exile the creature it dealt damage to or not.

Spoiler: mythmonster2 - Heartblaze Weird
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by mythmonster2 View Post
    Heartblaze Weird 2WR
    Creature- Weird Knight (U)
    Prowess
    Whenever a creature enters the battlefield under your control, Heartblaze Weird gets your choice of vigilance or first strike until end of turn.
    The Izzet would have been furious at the Boros's adoption of weird-creation, if they hadn't been too busy studying the new forms.
    3/3
    If you can have a creature enter to give it first strike and then swing with enough mana to pump it, then it could be quite potent in limited. It generally offers a lot of play without being too complicated, an all around good design.

Spoiler: Ben-zayb - Unlikely Chosen
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ben-zayb View Post
    Unlikely Chosen W
    Creature - Rabbit Coward Knight R
    Level up 1
    Remove a level counter from ~: Remove ~ from combat.
    1/2
    //
    LEVEL 1-2
    First Strike
    2/2
    //
    LEVEL 3-4
    Vigilance, First Strike
    2/3
    //
    LEVEL 5+
    Vigilance, Double Strike
    At the beginning of your upkeep, you may remove seven level counters from ~. If you do, transform it.
    3/3

//

Paragon of the Dauntless
    Creature - Rabbit Warrior Knight
    Vigilance, Double Strike
    ~ may block any number of creatures.
    When ~ dies, search your library for a card named Unlikely Chosen, put it on the battlefield, then shuffle your library.
    Our champion may be mortal, but his legacy and spirit lives within us.
    4/8
    This card tries way too much. It should be a rabbit that levels up, or a rabbit that flips, but never both. Also being a coward even as a 3/3 Double Striker seems like a flavor fail.

Spoiler: Archeoaevis - Stampede Crusader
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Archeoaevis View Post
    Stampede Crusader 3WG
    Creature - Horse Knight (Rare)
    Vigilance, trample
    Whenever Stampede Crusader attacks, if you control three or more Horses, create a 2/2 green Horse creature token with trample tapped and attacking.
    2WG: Create a 2/2 green Horse creature token with trample.
    "Horses aren't supposed to be ridden by other horses!"
    - Urgat, orc warchief, last words

3/3
    Is a Horse Knight an armored horse or a horse on another horse. I can see it if you had anthropomorphic horses, but it seems weird to have regular horses as well then.
    This seems really slow at getting started, and not enough payoff for when it happens, considering it is very easy to kill. I would remove the activated ability, have it always create horses, and probably shave a point of the cost as well.
    This card compares very unfavorably with Leonin Warleader, and that card isn't even that good.

Spoiler: Durkoala - Knight of Knights
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Durkoala View Post
    Knight of Knights 2WW
    Creature—Knight Avatar R
    ~ enters the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter on it.
    Whenever a knight enters the battlefield under your control, put a +1/+1 counter on ~.
    If a knight you control has First Strike, ~ also has first strike. The same is true with Vigilance, Lifelink, Haste, Flying, Reach and Double Strike.
    'If Bolas Amasses his armies, then we will Legionate our own! No?'
    0/0
    Why does it enter with a +1/+1 counter instead of as a 1/1 when it doesn't use the counter for anything anyway?
    You do know Champion of the Parish is a one drop right? Is it worth it to pay 2W and be in a worse tribe to get those keywords?
    I think this would be stronger if it took after the other tribal avatars and had power and toughness equal to your knights. As it is you're gonna play a 1/1 on turn 4, and then play a knight every turn after that, swinging on curve only on turn 7, that's really weak. For a four drop that requires build around it should do something much faster than this.

Spoiler: Personification - Wojek Loxodon
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Personification View Post
    Wojek Loxodon 4WW
    Creature-Elephant Knight (R)
    Vigilance
    3RR-Attacking creatures get +2/+0 until end of turn
    3/4
    Though born among the Selesnya, he found his true calling among the Boros footsoldiers. Now he leads his men, his battle cry as bolstering and loud as a trumpet blast.
    Why is this card so weak? The battlecry effect is nice, but too expensive to be used repeatedly, so it shouldn't drive the cost up much, and a 6 mana 3/4 is just way too weak to justify. If you had costed it at 1WW I don't think I would have batted an eye. At 2WW you could have easily made it an uncommon.

Spoiler: Tom the Mime - Knight time
    Show
    Knight time 1UU
    Creature - Legendary merfolk knight R
    Whenever Knight Time deals combat damage to a player, you may pay 1UU . If you do, tap Knight time and all creatures that player controls. They don't untap during their controllers next upkeep
    2/2
    I appreciate the pun, but this seems very weak. You need to connect with your squishy, no protection, no evasion 2/2, then you need to pay 3, to keep your opponent's creatures locked down for one turn, then you need to find a way to get him through again if you want to do it again at turn 6. If you can get him to connect twice just casting Sleep would have probably won you the game as well.
    Compare it to Blinding Angel. Only locks them out of attacking, but actually properly locks, and has evasion.
    I think I would have gone with a bigger, more expensive body, and then made it Sleep on ETB.

- - - Updated - - -

Spoiler: Sgt. Cookie - Bleak Bones Cavalier
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Cookie View Post
    Bleak Bones Cavalier 2BW
    Creature - Skeleton Knight R
    Menace, Lifelink
    BW, pay four life: Return Bleak Bones Cavalier from your graveyard to the battlefield tapped.
    His flesh rotted away. His duty did not.
    4/3
    This is a serious recursive threat. As long as it gets to connect once or get blocked by something you can keep it coming, and menace means it trades well. Glad you made it come in tapped, as that means it is now an agressive creature.

Spoiler: Carl - Arcane Knight
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl View Post
    Arcane Knight - 1WU
    Creature - Faerie Wizard Knight - U
    Flash, Vigilance
    Arcane Knight costs 2 less to cast if you control another Wizard or Knight.
    Why does it make itself 2 cheaper when it only costs 1 generic?
    Why does a faerie not fly?
    This card just doesn't have the slickness of design a simple card like this should have.

Spoiler: Laughing Dog - Ironbark Knight
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Laughing Dog View Post
    Ironbark Knight 4(G/W)(G/B)
    Creature- Treefolk Knight U
    Vigilance
    GWB, T: ~ deals damage to target creature you don't control equal to ~'s toughness
    "Sir, I think we have found our strangest recruit yet." "How so?" "This one's a tree."
    4/6
    It annoys me that the cost has hybrid but not the activated ability, I'm not sure what the point of that is. With repeated removal like this it should probably be rare though. Hitting a creature for 6 every turn is very powerful.

Spoiler: EvilDMMk3 - Eldritch Knight
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilDMMk3 View Post
    Eldritch Knight - 1WU
    Flash.
    When Eldritch Knight enters play, counter target spell that targets a spell you control.
    3/3
    As someone else pointed out, this doesn't work. It could easily be fixed by either countering a spell that would target one of your spells, or making your spell uncounterable, as that can be done in response. I don't see the flavor of the card.
    Realized you made a new version. When you make a new version, don't just post a new version, edit the old version.
    The card is better now since it works, but I still don't see the flavor of it. I also feel like it doesn't need to be blue to protect your spells. It would be nicer if it wasn't since blue can already protect your spells.

Spoiler: mystic1110 - Protector of the Octa-Cathedral
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by mystic1110 View Post
    Protector of the Octa-Cathedral 3UW
    Creature - Octopus Knight (U)
    Vigilance
    Whenever Protector of the Octa-Cathedral blocks a creature, that creature doesn't untap during its controller's next untap step.
    Protector of the Octa-Cathedral can't be blocked.
    Four Arms for Four Shields and Four Arms for Four Lances
    2/4
    It bothers me that you didn't go with Protector of the Octadral or Octathedral.
    Hitting for two every turn and holding back two 3/3s, or eating 2/2s would make this very potent for racing in limited. It would also slot nicely into flyers which UW decks often are in limited. A very neat design.

Spoiler: DeTess - Illusory charge
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by DeTess View Post
    Illusory charge 2RU
    Tribal sorcery - Knight R
    Create 4 0/2 blue illusion knight tokens with haste and 'this creature must be blocked if able'.
    I feel like the illusions should be 0/1s, as they probably shouldn't survive the charge. I also dislike how the flavor is meant to be an illusory charge, but they make quite good blockers.

Spoiler: Man_Over_Game - Warp-Guard Sentinel
    Show
    Warp-Guard Sentinel UW1
    Creature - Moonfolk Wizard Knight - R
    Flash, Flanking, First Strike, Haste
    At each player's upkeep, you may choose to return ~ to its owner's hand. If you don't, tap it.
    Masters of space-time, one arrives precisely when he means to.
    2/2
    The design is kinda cool, being effectively a 3/3 first striker in combat and coming in either to swing for two or to block something, but it just seems expensive. Paying 3 for an attacker that can go in for three but only if the opponent has no 3/4 or larger is very unimpressive. On defense it's better, but still not very impressive for a rare.

Spoiler: Dr.Gunsforhands - Knight of Transcendence
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gunsforhands View Post
    Knight of Transcendence - WW
    Creature - Knight C
    First Strike, Protection from humans
    TFW humanity was the real monsters all along
    2/2
    The joke is fun, but I think the only creatures that had classes without races were the Phyrexian artifact creatures.
    Also it should probably be an uncommon.
    Last edited by Ninjaman; 2019-07-28 at 05:10 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Most Hilarious Murderer in the Playground. Both his episodes of hysterically ending my life left me chuckling even hours later when I thought about them.

Extended signature

17. - Top - End - #347
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Unavenger - Animated Armour
    Show
    Animated Armour 5
    Vigilance
    3/3
    This is such an inelegant way to do this. If you want to make an animated armor, but can't find a way to make it an equipment, don't make it.

Spoiler: Gauntlet - Knight of Winter
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gauntlet View Post
    Knight of Winter 1UB
    Creature - Spirit Knight - Rare
    When Knight of Winter enters the battlefield, choose one: -
    - Return target creature to its owner's hand
    - Name a nonland card, then target opponent reveals their hand and discards all cards with that name.
    - Put three +1/+1 counter on Knight of Winter and sacrifice a creature.
    1/2
    It doesn't feel like winter to me. And Knight of Winter might be better as an Elemental than a spirit.
    The bounce is okay, I guess, a bit disappointing since you're playing a worse man-o-war.
    The Cabal therapy would possibly be good in constructed, though probably only if you could blink it or something to really take advantage of it.
    a 4/5 for 3 is nice, but having to sacrifice a creature makes it a lot less impressive.
    Realized now it's supposed to fit with Knight of Autumn, but I don't think it captures that very well, and it seems bad compared to Knight of Autumn.

Spoiler: LaZodiac - Knight Mare Captain
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Knight Mare Captain 4BB
    Creature - Nightmare Horse Knight
    Flying
    ~'s power and toughness is equal to the number of swamps you control.
    Other Knight's you control gain +1+1
    */*
    Its hooves bring thunder, its blade brings lightning. Dreams and reality alike are torn asunder in its armies wake.
    Why did three people make horse knights? Am I missing something?
    It's literally Nightmare that's also a knight and has a knight anthem stapled on? As a meme it's worth a chuckle, as a card design it's very dull.

Spoiler: TurboGhast - Revenant Knight
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboGhast View Post
    Revenant Knight 2BW
    Creature - Zombie Knight R
    Menace, Vigilance
    Whenever you're dealt damage, you may pay 2BW. If you do, return Revenant Knight from your graveyard to the battlefield.
    2/2
    Even death didn't end his quest.
    Recursive creatures are good, but this is slow, very expensive, small, and doesn't recur unless you are taking damage. It seems too weak to be playable.

- - - Updated - - -

Spoiler: Top 3
    Show

3rd - mystic1110 with Protector of the Octa-Cathedral
    Spoiler: Runner Up
    Show

2nd - Sgt. Cookie with Bleak Bones Cavalier
    Spoiler: Winner
    Show

1st - Bucky with Viashino Half-Sigil

Last edited by Ninjaman; 2019-07-28 at 05:08 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Extended signature

18. - Top - End - #348
    Ogre in the Playground

Don't forget to announce a winner

(or am I being blind and completely missing such an announcement? That has happened before)

edit: and I got ninja-edited by that information. Anyway, thanks for the challenge and the judging, ninjaman!
    Last edited by DeTess; 2019-07-28 at 05:44 AM.
    Jasnah avatar by Zea Mays

19. - Top - End - #349

The reason that my card is weak is that I still don't entirely understand activated abilities but I really wanted a trumpet blast pun.
    Stop using good evidence and logic that makes sense to refute points, that's my job
    Lots of people seem to use blue for sarcasm, I decided I should too
    Quote Originally Posted by nabcif View Post
    Nitpick: I believe you'll find that only our heads explode. Page 43 of Book of Pedantic Forumites, if memory serves.
    I have joined the ranks of the FFRPeople Here is my character.

Thank you to Linkele for creating my avatar!

20. - Top - End - #350
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

The cost being hybrid was to make it easier to draft. The activated ability not being hybrid was to try and not make it broken beyond repair. I'm still getting the hang of rarities.
    A fundamental truth about existence: All is to be laughed at.

Lawful Evil with Chaotic Good tendencies. Have fun figuring that out.

How to deal with Slowbro in Gen 1:
    1. Mewtwo
    2. there is no #2.

Well, that makes you Dr. Robotnik. So...yeah?

21. - Top - End - #351
    Ogre in the Playground

Next week's theme is Modal Triggers: "Choose one", "Choose two" etc. options in a triggered ability.
    The gnomes once had many mines, but now they have gnome ore.

22. - Top - End - #352
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

That's a very specific challenge and triggered abilities feel weird for modal as in a lot of cases, you're looking at giving the choice of what while taking away when and half the fun in modal abilities is being able to choose the right option in response to a situation. I'm guessing entries will probably be based on etb triggers a lot.Might just be my take on things though. Now for a placeholder.

Aggressive Researcher 1(B/R)(U/G)
    Creature - U
    Unleash
    3U/G: Adapt 3
    3/2

Basically a power now or more power later, with the caveat that it can't block once it gets any counters. Flavor wise, it's that if they give into reckless bloodlust, they can't investigate self improvement. Idea from the interaction with pteramander and essence capture in the old mono U tempo. Looked at undying and riot together too - a mix of keywords that can give counters on entry plus keywords/abilities that care about those counters.
    Last edited by Tom the Mime; 2019-07-30 at 12:29 AM.

23. - Top - End - #353
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Giftwort Dæmon 5BB
    Creature - Demon R
    Flying, Menace
    When ~ enters the battlefield, choose one and target opponent chooses the other:
    • Put three -1/-1 counters on each creature you control.
    • You lose 7 life.

7/7
    Last edited by ben-zayb; 2019-07-30 at 04:44 AM.

24. - Top - End - #354
    Troll in the Playground

Aaron - 3G
    Creature - Horse Fish Beast (Common, Silver-bordered)
    When Aaron enters the battlefield, choose zero -
    - Put two +1/+1 counters on Aaron
    - Draw a card
    That's a weird flex...
    4/3

Spoiler
    Show
    It's an Undertale monster, but it fits right into a few themes from Unstable. It's meant to interact with cards that mess with number words, and to cash in on a passing colloquialism.

- Changed the mana cost to make it mono-green. Changed the rarity and stats to slot in as a 99% vanilla creature.

- Removed the Trample effect and the unreliable removal. Reduce, reduce, reduce the common-level complexity! ♪
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2019-08-02 at 06:54 PM.
    Mina, Lynera, Ajax, Vena.

25. - Top - End - #355
    Bugbear in the Playground

Headhunting Oread 1RG
    Enchantment Creature - Nymph U
    Constellation - Whenever Headhunting Oread or another enchantment enters the battlefield under your control, choose one -
    • Target enchantment or creature that is enchanted gains hexproof until the end of this turn.
    • Target creature can't block enchantment creatures or creatures that are enchanted this turn.

3/2
    Link to true signature
    Feel free to sig anything I post, just do so in quote format.

26. - Top - End - #356

Retreat into Eternity - 2C
    Enchantment - Rare

Whenever a land you control leaves the battlefield, choose one (or choose two, if that land was named Wastes) : -

- Create a 1/1 colorless Eldrazi Drone creature token with Consume 2 (2, exile this permanent: Draw a card).
    - Each opponent exiles a permanent they own.
    - Return target Eldrazi card you own from exile to your hand.

“Without their masters, they are beginning to consume themselves, and lash out at anything nearby. Let's not be nearby."
    Last edited by Gauntlet; 2019-07-30 at 05:34 AM.

27. - Top - End - #357
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

Spoiler: Yeah...
    Show
    I couldn't help myself. Sorry. Zero expectations of winning but when I saw "Choose One" I had a bad idea and I found it too funny, although I doubt anyone else will.
    Druid of the Hearth - 3WG
    Creature - Elf Druid (Common)
    When Druid of the Hearth enters the battlefield, choose one -
    • Druid of the Hearth gains Haste
    • Druid of the Hearth gains +0/+2, Vigilance and "This creature blocks each turn if able"

He seems somewhat lost...
    4/4
    Last edited by Evil DM Mark3; 2019-07-30 at 09:32 AM.
    GNU Terry Pratchett

28. - Top - End - #358
    Ogre in the Playground

Retreat into Eternity - 2C
    Enchantment - Rare

Whenever a land you control leaves the battlefield, choose one (or choose two, if that land was named Wastes) : -

- Create a 1/1 colorless Eldrazi Drone creature token with Consume 2 (2, exile this permanent: Draw a card).
    - Each opponent exiles a permanent they own.
    - Return target Eldrazi card you own from exile to your hand.

“Without their masters, they are beginning to consume themselves, and lash out at anything nearby. Let's not be nearby."
    Parenthesis are for reminder text, so you shouldn't have a parenthesis.
    I think the correct wording is:
    "Whenever a land you control leaves the battlefield, choose one, if that land was named Wastes, chose two instead:"
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Extended signature

29. - Top - End - #359

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaman View Post
    Parenthesis are for reminder text, so you shouldn't have a parenthesis.
    I think the correct wording is:
    "Whenever a land you control leaves the battlefield, choose one, if that land was named Wastes, chose two instead:"
    Reminder text is in parentheses and in italics. Italics are the indicator that text has no game function - brackets/parentheses without italics have no impact on how a text works. I didn't italicise the actual reminder text on the Consume ability, though, so I should change that at least.

30. - Top - End - #360
    Ogre in the Playground

Reminder text is in parentheses and in italics. Italics are the indicator that text has no game function - brackets/parentheses without italics have no impact on how a text works. I didn't italicise the actual reminder text on the Consume ability, though, so I should change that at least.
    Out of curiosity, can you find me an example of Wizards using parentheses without italics?
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Extended signature