Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: MTG - You Make The Card VII: Your Custom Planeswalker Card Died in War of the Spa

The Storycrafters -- 1RUG
    Legendary Planeswalker -- Huatli Saheeli
    +1: Create a 1/1 Servo artifact creature token.
    0: Target artifact you control becomes a 3/3 Dinosaur artifact creature.
    -9: Until your next turn, each artifact you control becomes a 9/9 Dinosaur artifact creature with vigilance, trample, and reach.
    LGBTitP
    Proudly Founded Team 2

"Everyone starts off making garbage.
    If you finally make something halfway
    decent, it'll be the best day of your life."
    Nehra, inventor

2. - Top - End - #692
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: MTG - You Make The Card VII: Your Custom Planeswalker Card Died in War of the Spa

Quote Originally Posted by LastCenturion View Post
    -9: Until your next turn, each artifact you control becomes a 9/9 Dinosaur artifact creature with vigilance, trample, and reach.
    Thank you for this. I wanted to make it, bit I never got farther than tan idea of the art (the two of them riding a giant robot dinosaur).
    Stop using good evidence and logic that makes sense to refute points, that's my job
    Lots of people seem to use blue for sarcasm, I decided I should too
    Quote Originally Posted by nabcif View Post
    Nitpick: I believe you'll find that only our heads explode. Page 43 of Book of Pedantic Forumites, if memory serves.
    I have joined the ranks of the FFRPeople Here is my character.

Thank you to Linkele for creating my avatar!

3. - Top - End - #693

Judgment!

Spoiler: Roots Amidst Flames - LaZodiac
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Roots Amidst Flames 2RG
    Legendary Planeswalker - Nissa Chandra - Loyalty 4 (MR)
    +1: Exile the top card of your library. If it's a land, put it on the battlefield tapped. If it's a spell, you may cast it from exile until end of turn.
    -2: Target land you control becomes a 4/4 Land Elemental Creature until the end of your turn. It must be blocked this turn.
    -8: Search your library for any number of Forest or Mountain cards, then put them onto the battlefield tapped. Deal X damage to target player equal to the amount of forests and mountains you control.
    Each ability of this card feel like an ability of one member of the card given twist by the other, a good way to give the feeling of teamwork. Although searching and shuffling the library just to deal a likely lethal hit to the opponent is a waste of time, concession means that most of the time people won't bother forcing you to get the lands out of your deck when you've already won. A solid, well made card.

Spoiler: Pyromancer's Turmoil - ben-zayb
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ben-zayb View Post
    Pyromancer's Turmoil WRR
    Legendary Planeswalker - Ajani Chandra Tibalt M
    Damage dealt by ~ can't be prevented and causes you to gain that much life.
    +1: ~ deals 1 damage to target creature or planeswalker, then that permanent deals 2 damage to any other target.
    -6: You gain an emblem with "At the beginning of each end step, put a loyalty counter on each planeswalker you control that was dealt damage this turn."
    This card manages to do too much and too little at the same time. Since the first effect still needs to target the second victim, I think the +1's damage chaining will do less than it seems like at first while also dulling the effect of the static. In fact, since this card doesn't deal damage except by the +1 without other cards in play, you could bake the static into the +1 to get a cleaner card with space for more abilities.

Spoiler: Domri, Corpse Puppet - mystic1110
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by mystic1110 View Post
    Domri, Corpse Puppet BRG
    Legendary Planeswalker - Domri Liliana R
    You may cast Domri, Corpse Puppet from your graveyard, if you control a Liliana planeswalker, place loyalty counter on Domri.
    -1: Create a 4/4 Black, Red, Green Zombie Beast token with “at the beginning of your upkeep put a -1/-1 counter on this creature.
    -3: Each creature target player controls gains +2/-2 until end of turn.
    Loyalty: 3
    This card doesn't quite land the flavor it's trying to pull. I can see the idea that Liliana resurrects Domri, but the name and static ability complete against this idea by implying Liliana's in the same predicament somehow while also being alive enough to resurrect herself. The card's mechanically cool, but the second type feels shoehorned in to fit the challenge.

Spoiler: The Two Returned - mythmonster2
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by mythmonster2 View Post
    The Two Returned 3WB
    Legendary Planeswalker- Elspeth Gideon (MR)
    +1: Until end of turn, The Two Returned becomes a 4/4 Human Soldier creature with indestructible and lifelink that’s still a planeswalker. Prevent all damage that would be dealt to them this turn.
    0: Return target creature with converted mana cost 4 or less from your graveyard to the battlefield. The Two Returned loses a number of loyalty counters equal to the converted mana cost of that creature.
    -8: Destroy all creatures, then return target creature from a graveyard to the battlefield under your countrol.
    The addition of lifelink is a simple, but interesting, twist on Gideon's classic become a creature ability. The loyalty loss of the second ability being an effect rather than a cost has potentially counterintuitive, but interesting results: A Two Returned with only one loyalty counter left due to damage can get a CMC 4 creature, as the cost to activate is just 0, while the effect doesn't care about there not being enough loyalty to survive. I get the intent of the third ability, but the wording doesn't work, since targets need to be chosen before you activate it.

Spoiler: The Ur-Dragon's Prodigies - Quiddle
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiddle View Post
    The Ur-Dragon's Prodigies 2WUB
    Legendary Planeswalker- Bolas Ugin
    +2: Until the end of your next turn, counter the next spell target player casts unless they discard a card.
    -2: Exile target tapped creature, scry 2.
    -9: Gain control of any number of target creatures.
    While this card only makes sense if you get its premise from an outside source, it does work well within that premise. The exile part of the -2 feels like a prototype of later Ugin cards' exile abilities while still fitting the color of the card's present. The blue focus of the three abilities makes sense because the sibling overlap in that color, although the card's abilities are all slanted towards Bolas.

Spoiler: The Condemned - Unavenger
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    The Condemned 2WUUB
    Legendary Planeswalker - Dovin Tezzeret MR
    +2: Create two 1/1 thopter artefact tokens with flying. Each opponent loses 2 life and you gain 2 life.
    -4: Return target artefact from your graveyard to the battlefield. It's a 5/5 artefact creature.
    -8: Look at the top ten cards of your library. You may put up to three permanent cards from among them onto the battlefield.
    [5]
    I think that not adding Liliana was the right call. All three of this card's abilities feel like the two members working together to produce a single effect, and adding Lili would have hurt that elegance. These two are also thematically linked by their use of artifacts, and this card would fit well in a deck focused around that card type.

Spoiler: JaceXChandra, OTP - Tom the Mime
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom the Mime View Post
    JaceXChandra, OTP 3UR
    Legendary Planeswalker - Jace Chandra R
    +1: Scry 1, Draw 1 card and deal 1 damage to any target
    -3: Create a 3/3 blue illusion token and 3 1/1 red elemental creature tokens.
    -7: Return all other creatures you control to their owners hand then deal 10 damage to each creature and other planeswalker
    Each ability of this card is nigh-perfect split between its members. It feels a little paint-by-numbers, but still works. While the second and third abilities fight each other, loyalty constraints mean that they probably won't get activated together anyway. That the third ability specifically prevents JaceXChandra from being returned to your hand if it gets turned into a creature but not your other creatures seems like a typo and not an intentional part of the effect.

Spoiler: Brains and Brawn - Necroticplague
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroticplague View Post
    Brains and Brawn 1UW
    Legendary Planeswalker-Gideon Jace
    +2: Scry 1, then make a 1/1 white Soldier token.
    +1: Exile Target Creature. It’s controller may look through their library for a land, and put it into play.
    -5: Gain an emblem with “Whenever you would draw a card, instead scry1 and draw a card”
    This card is way too pushed, plain and simple. Multiple defensive plusses and an easy to access emblem shouldn't be on a three mana walker. The ability distribution between members is good, and that emblem does sound fun to play with. I like the card, but it's comically overtuned.

Spoiler: Oko and Dog - Personification
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Personification View Post
    Oko and Dog 3UBG
    Legendary Planeswalker-Oko Garruk
    +2: Up to one target creature or artifact you control becomes a green elk creature with base power and toughness 3/3.
    -4: Destroy target permanent.
    -5: Gain control of target nonland permanent an opponent controls.
    [3]
    While the ablity contribution of this card is lopsided towards Oko, that makes sense because this card would take place while Garruk was still under Oko's control. That the ultimate ability isn't that powerful compared to many others is counterbalanced by its relatively low cost, making using it twice without cards to assist that effort conceivable. I like the design, although I think that it's a little underpowered.

Spoiler: Temporal Guardians - Gauntlet
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gauntlet View Post
    Temporal Guardians - (U/W Colour Indicator)
    Legendary Planeswalker - Teferi Karn - MR

Suspend 2 - 1(2/U)(2/W)

+2: Exile target nonland permanent and put two time counters on it. If it doesn't have suspend, it gains suspend.

-4: You get an emblem with "if a nonland permanent you control would be put into your graveyard from the battlefield, you may instead exile it and put two time counters on it. If it doesn't have suspend, it gains suspend."

-4: You get an emblem with "whenever an instant or sorcery spell you control would be put into your graveyard after resolving, you may instead exile it and put two time counters on it. If it doesn't have suspend, it gains suspend."

Loyalty: 2
    This card is a deep dive on suspend, as its every ability references the keyword. Because of this, the most Karn-like part of the card is being suspendible for just 5 mana and no colors, which is mechanically worrying by providing these effects to any deck that can hold out long enough. Between that and being castable off any cascade effect, this card has large competitive implications. Many of those decks would want to run blue and white anyway for their defensive capabilities, dulling Karn's contribution. I still like the mechanical concept despite these flaws.

Spoiler: Dackri Raden, Sparkwraith - Misothene
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Misothene View Post
    Dackri Raden, Sparkwraith UBRG
    Legendary Planeswalker- Dack Domri MR
    Creatures you control have "Whenever a creature dealt noncombat damage by this creature this turn dies, return it to the battlefield under your control."
    +1: Look at the top four cards of your library. You may reveal a creature card from among them and put it into your hand. Put the rest into your graveyard.
    -2: Target creature you control fights target creature you don't control.
    Starting Loyalty 3
    Fusion is an interesting new path for this challenge to take, and I applaud your creativity in finding it. There's a clear division between the loyalty abilities being mostly from Domri and the static being mostly from Dack, but they all find a way to cross the border a little. The +1 puts cards in the graveyard for jump-start and other similar things, the -2 usually activates the static ability upon use, and the static's creature focus gives it a green tint. Overall, this card is a fun and interesting package.

Spoiler: The Defilers - Ninjaman
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaman View Post
    The Defilers - 3RB
    Legendary Planeswalker - Nixilis Tibalt - M
    +1: Each player discards a card. If you discarded a card, draw a card.
    -2: Create two 1/1 red Devil creature tokens with “When this creature dies, it deals 1 damage to any target.”
    -4: Gain control of target creature. Untap that creature. It gains haste until end of turn. Sacrifice it at the beginning of the next end step.
    All of the abilities feel like something that a black-shifted Tibalt could do, and Tibalt shifting into black is conceivable. On top of this, the conditionality of the draw gives the feeling of Nixilis not being there, since his planeswalker cards have a focus on drawing. I don't think this card does enough to justify Nixilis being in the typeline, as I wouldn't really feel something was missing if the subtype wasn't there.

Spoiler: Creep, Exiled Changeling - Dr. Gunsforhands
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gunsforhands View Post
    Creep, Exiled Changeling - 2
    Legendary Planeswalker - Creep U
    Creep, Exiled Changeling has all colors and planeswalker types, even when it's not on the battlefield.
    -1: Choose a creature type. Creatures of the chosen type that you control get +1/+1 until end of turn.
    Loyalty: 4
    Creep's two abilities pull away from each other, making the overall card feel uncohesive. The activated ability pulls the card towards a creature tribal deck, which is not the sort of deck likely to get much benefit from the static ability. They can work together when the ability buffs tokens made by a planeswalker in their tribal deck, but such a specific requirement hurts the option expansion changelings generally provide tribal decks. I like the idea, I just don't think this is the best execution.

As a sidenote, that sort of ability applies even when not on the battlefield doesn't need to be written out. The similar abilities of Mistform Ultimus and Transguild Courier have that specification as reminder text.

Spoiler: The Storycrafters - LastCenturion
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by LastCenturion View Post
    I can't shake the feeling that this card is just a nerfed Oko. Because Oko's very busted, a nerfed version isn't underwhelming, and the abilities creating the familiarity make sense for the team-up's members on their own. This is an interesting design, albeit lacking in mechanical redness.

Spoiler: Runner Up
    Show
    Unavenger's The Condemned

Spoiler: Winner
    Show
    misothene's Dackri Raden, the Sparkwraith
    Last edited by TurboGhast; 2019-11-13 at 01:20 AM. Reason: Word level typo
    Link to true signature
    Feel free to sig anything I post, just do so in quote format.

4. - Top - End - #694
    Ghost in the Playground

Kobold

Thank you for the selection and all of the comments!

For the next challenge: Make a double-faced card set on a plane that doesn't usually have them.

That means Innistrad and Ixalan are off the table. I'm not counting things like the Origins DFC-planeswalkers or the DFC-Bolas as counting against their planes, only sets primarily on one plane that have multiple DFCs set on that plane.

If it's not immediately obvious from the name, mechanic or flavor text, please make sure I know what world you're putting the card on somehow.

5. - Top - End - #695

ElfMonkGuy

Doh, no idea why I forgot to make that second ability a -X instead of what I did.

Izzet Informer 2U
    Creature- Human Wizard (U)
    Whenever you draw your second card each turn, tap or untap target creature.
    2B: Transform Izzet Informer
    2/2

Izzet Infiltrator
    Creature- Shapeshifter Wizard (U/B color indicator)
    Whenever you draw your second card each turn, each opponent loses two life and you gain two life.
    2U: Transform Izzet Infiltrator
    2/2

The Dimir are quite sneaky. This could be a way to show them infiltrating other guilds, while tying in with the mechanics that guild might have.
    Last edited by mythmonster2; 2019-11-13 at 06:17 PM.

6. - Top - End - #696
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mirrodin New Phyrexia
    Oil's Augmentation 1B
    Enchantment - Aura R
    Enchant Creature
    At the beginning of your upkeep put a -1/-1 counter on enchanted creature.
    1: Enchanted creature gets +3/-1 until the end of the turn.
    When enchant creature dies, exile CARDNAME then return in to the battlefield transformed.
    //
    Perfector of Form (Black indicatior)
    Creature - Horror
    Wither
    CARDNAME gets +1/+1 for each -1/-1 counter on any creature.
    3/6

Spoiler: old
    Show

Double faced cards seem perfect for Lorwyn/Shadowmoor!

Merrow Wayfinder U(U/B)
    Creature - Merfolk Scout
    Whenever CARDNAME deals damage to a player draw a card.

If it is NIGHT, CARDNAME enters the battlefield transformed.
    DAY, Shift- During your upkeep you may discard a card, if you do transform all creatures with shift.
    2/3
    //
    Merrow Cutthroat
    Creature - Merfolk Rogue (UB indicator)
    Whenever CARDNAME deals damage to a player, that player discards a card.

NIGHT, Shift- During your upkeep you may discard a card, if you do transform all creatures with shift.
    3/2
    Last edited by Quiddle; 2019-11-15 at 04:02 PM.
    Spoiler: My Homebrew(3.5):
    Show
    All hail the white space, for from it all posts are shaped.
    Hey look, it is the oldest trick in the book!

7. - Top - End - #697
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Behold! A bit of a bestow-like mechanics for equipments!

Unity Module 2
    Artifact Creature - Servo U
    ~ gets +3/+3 if you control two other Servos.
    Sync (2/W)
    1/1
    //
    Synchronization Drive
    {white color indicator}
    Artifact - Equipment
    Equipped creature gets +3/+3 if two other Equipments are attached to it.
    When ~ is not attached to a creature, transform it.
    Spoiler: Moar Servo-tech
    Show
    Crowd-control Module 6
    Artifact Creature - Servo R
    ~ may assign excess combat damage to any number of creatures blocking or blocked by a creature you control each combat.
    Sync (2/R)(2/R)(2/G)(2/G)
    5/3
    //
    Riotsweeper
    {red-green color indicators}
    Equipped creature gets +4/+2 and may assign excess combat damage to any number of creatures blocking or blocked by a creature you control each combat.

Impulse Module 2
    Artifact Creature - Servo C
    Haste
    Sync (2/R)
    2/1
    //
    Triggergloves
    {red color indicator}
    Artifact - Equipment
    Equipped creature gets +1/+0 and has haste.

"Sync [cost]" means "[cost]: Transform this permanent and attach this to another target creature you control. Activate this ability only any time you could cast a sorcery."

Plane is Kaladesh, where you got Servo tech that is a few steps away from nanotech.
    Last edited by ben-zayb; 2019-11-15 at 11:09 AM. Reason: plane and keyword

8. - Top - End - #698
    Ogre in the Playground

Simic growth-pod (G/U)(G/U)
    Artifact - R
    Sacrifice a creature you control: Put X +1/+1 on ~, where X is the sacrificed creature's power.
    2: transform. Activate this ability only any time you could cast a sorcery.
    //
    Simic mutant(blue-green color indicator)
    creature-Shark bat elf
    If there are 3 or more +1/+1 counters on ~, it gains trample. If there are 5 or more +1/+1 counters on ~, it gains flying.
    T: transform. Activate this ability only any time you could cast a sorcery.
    1/1

edit: just a quick note to avoid any future confusion. Apparently objects that transform remain the same object, so all counters on it will remain.
    Last edited by DeTess; 2019-11-15 at 11:15 AM.
    Jasnah avatar by Zea Mays

9. - Top - End - #699
    Halfling in the Playground

Khans of Tarkir 2WB
    Enchantment- R
    At the beginning of your upkeep, target creature you control gains vigilance and first strike until the end of your turn
    At the beginning of your end step, if 5 or more creatures died this turn, transform ~.
    ————————————
    Dragons of Tarkir (R/B color indicator)
    Enchantment - R
    At the beginning of each opponent’s upkeep, create a 2/2 Dragon creature token with flying.

(5 creatures dying is supposed to be representative of all of the khans being killed)
    Avatar by @CultistKitten on Twitter

Extended Sig

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    Christmas starts when Halloween ends, Halloween starts after New Year. The only part of the year that isn't a holiday is between Christmas and December 31st.

10. - Top - End - #700
    Ogre in the Playground

Simic Exam Project - UG
    Creature - Fish Bird - R
    Flying, Evovle
    Whenenever a +1/+1 counter is put on Simic Exam Project, if it has five or more +1/+1 counters on it, transform it.
    1/1
    -------
    Simic Masterpiece
    Creature - Fish Bird Drake - R
    Flying, trample
    5/5
    Last edited by Ninjaman; 2019-11-15 at 08:36 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Cizak View Post
    I'm gonna be against the flow here and say outlined.

What? Everyone else are against the flow too, okay?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    In the grim statistics of the far future, there is only math.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Most Hilarious Murderer in the Playground. Both his episodes of hysterically ending my life left me chuckling even hours later when I thought about them.
    And more in the extended signature!

Extended signature

11. - Top - End - #701
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Simic Exam Project
    Creature - Fish Bird - R
    Flying, Evovle
    Whenenever a +1/+1 counter is put on Simic Exam Project, if it has five or more +1/+1 counters on it, transform it.
    1/1

Simic Masterpiece
    Flying, trample
    5/5
    How do you cast this?

12. - Top - End - #702
    Ogre in the Playground

Just saying, but you *can* put +1/+1 counters on non-creatures. As Llanowar Reborn proves.
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

Ponytar by Dirtytabs

Quote Originally Posted by DudeWhyAreAllTheNamesTaken(Imgur)
    Chaotic neutral. Might rob you blind. Might save your life. Might do both.

13. - Top - End - #703
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

Shinobi Assailants 2U
    Creature- Human Ninja R
    Ninjutsu- 3UU (3UU, Return an unblocked attacker you control to hand: Put this card onto the battlefield from your hand tapped and attacking.)
    Whenever Shinobi Assailants deals combat damage to a player, transform them.
    3/1

Samurai Watchmen (blue-white color indicator)
    Creature- Human Ninja Samurai -R
    Vigilance, Bushido 2 (Whenever this creature blocks or becomes blocked, it gets +2/+2 until end of turn.)
    1W: Untap target attacking Creature and remove it from combat. Tap Samurai Watchmen. Activate this ability only if Samurai Watchmen are untapped.

Former shinobi, the watchmen are familiar with the tricks of their former trade.
    4/4

Kamigawa, if you couldn't tell.
    A fundamental truth about existence: All is to be laughed at.

Lawful Evil with Chaotic Good tendencies. Have fun figuring that out.

How to deal with Slowbro in Gen 1:
    1. Mewtwo
    2. there is no #2.

Quote Originally Posted by Man_Over_Game View Post
    Well, that makes you Dr. Robotnik. So...yeah?

14. - Top - End - #704
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ben-zayb View Post
    How do you cast this?
    Thanks, I had forgotten to write the mana cost.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Most Hilarious Murderer in the Playground. Both his episodes of hysterically ending my life left me chuckling even hours later when I thought about them.

Extended signature

15. - Top - End - #705
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Cookie View Post
    Just saying, but you *can* put +1/+1 counters on non-creatures. As Llanowar Reborn proves.
    I assume that was aimed at me? I considered doing that, but I think my way will reduce confusion for newer players as it's obvious the science counters don't do anything when the card is in its artifact form.

16. - Top - End - #706
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd argue it's more confusing, since you can have *actual* +1/+1 counters on it too that will also stay when it goes back into artefact form, which puts the card right back to square 1.

Ponytar by Dirtytabs

17. - Top - End - #707
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Cookie View Post
    I'd argue it's more confusing, since you can have *actual* +1/+1 counters on it too that will also stay when it goes back into artefact form, which puts the card right back to square 1.
    Fair, though that would require at least one interaction that's not on the card itself. Maybe its better to make people ask the question from the moment they see the card, though. I'm going to consider changing it. Anyway, thanks for the advice!

18. - Top - End - #708
    Ogre in the Playground

Fair, though that would require at least one interaction that's not on the card itself.
    You say that as though ludicrous numbers of +1/+1 counters wasn't the Simic's entire schtick!
    Last edited by Sgt. Cookie; 2019-11-15 at 11:11 AM.

Ponytar by Dirtytabs

19. - Top - End - #709

An equipment for Kylem, as it's the plane most likely to have pro wrestling.

Lucha Mask 1R
    Artefact—Equipment U

Equipped creature gets +2/+2.

If ~ becomes unequipped, tap the creature it was unequipped from.

4: Exile equipped creature, then transform ~.

Equip: 2

//

Spirit of Lucha (red colour indicator)

Creature—Avatar

Trample

When ~ blocks or is blocked by a creature with greater power, you may have ~'s power become equal to that creature's.

~ can use any abilities of a creature it has exiled.

When ~ dies, send any cards exiled with it to their owner's graveyard.

4/4
    Spoiler: Pixel avatar and Raincloud Durkoala were made by me. The others are the work of Cuthalion.
    Show

Cuteness and Magic and Phone Moogles, oh my! Let's Watch Card Captor Sakura!Sadly on a small hiatus.

Durkoala reads a book! It's about VR and the nineties!

20. - Top - End - #710
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DeTess View Post
    Fair, though that would require at least one interaction that's not on the card itself. Maybe its better to make people ask the question from the moment they see the card, though. I'm going to consider changing it. Anyway, thanks for the advice!
    +1/+1 counters are Simic's thing. Designing a card specifically to not work with the mechanics of the guild it is from feels more counter intuitive than anything else.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Extended signature

21. - Top - End - #711
    Troll in the Playground

Unimpeachable Buke 1W
    Creature - Human Samurai (R)
    Bushido 2 (Whenever this creature blocks or becomes blocked, it gets +2/+2 until end of turn.)
    Whenever Unimpeachable Buke is unblocked, you may untap Unimpeachable Buke and remove it from combat, if you do transform Unimpeachable Buke.
    "He is the most honorable person in the palace"
    2/1
    //
    Wielder of Gossip
    Creature - Human Ninja
    (blue and black color indicators)
    At the your turn you may tap target creature and that creature doesn't untap during its controller's next untap step.
    At the beginning of your upkeep, each opponent loses 1 life, you draw a card and transform Wielder of Gossip.
    "He is still the most honorable person in the palace"
    1/2

Okay - reworked it a lot. The choice for a defender is: (1) block a 4/3, or (2) (a) take 2 or (b) have a creature get frozen and unless you remove it, lose 1 life and opponent draws a card.
    Last edited by mystic1110; 2019-11-16 at 03:46 PM.
    Spoiler: YinBao
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    Yea, that is a nice rabbit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    YinBao is fluffy and warm like all rabbits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
    Yes, I am a shameless YinBao fan...
    Quote Originally Posted by Phobia View Post
    YinBao and Ran Yang Li. The ultimate bromance! XD

Spoiler: In-Arl
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PossiblyInsane View Post
    HOW HAS THIS WORLD BECOME SO AWED BY A PATHETIC, TIRED CHICKEN?
    Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    All Praise In-Arl for his wisdom and tasty dark meat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
    Yay! PTSD Chicken!

22. - Top - End - #712
    Troll in the Playground

Trinket Lich - 2BB
    Creature - Aetherborn Wizard R
    Haste, Deathtouch
    Whenever Trinket Lich deals combat damage to a player, that player discards a card and you add EE.
    If Trinket Lich would die, instead transform it and tap it.
    4/3
    //
    Aether Phylactery
    Artifact
    B, T: Add E
    Pay EEE, T: Transform Aether Phylactery and untap it.
    Mina, Lynera, Ajax, Vena.

23. - Top - End - #713

From Fiora:
    Joint Research 1UU
    Enchantment R
    At the beginning of your upkeep, each player draws a card.
    Whenever you draw a card, put an espionage counter on ~.
    When ~ has six or more espionage counters, exile it and return it to the battlefield transformed.
    I'd like to propose an intellectual endeavor. I would provide the funding of course.
    //
    Corporate Takeover (UB color indicator)
    Enchantment
    2BB: Target player puts the top X cards of their library into their graveyard, where X is the number of cards in your hand plus the number of cards in their hand.
    That beautiful brain may be yours, but its contents are certainly not.
    Stop using good evidence and logic that makes sense to refute points, that's my job
    Nitpick: I believe you'll find that only our heads explode. Page 43 of Book of Pedantic Forumites, if memory serves.

24. - Top - End - #714

From Eldraine:

Orchard Protector - 1GG

Creature - Treefolk Shaman - Rare

Vigilance

1G, T: Create a Food token.

At the beginning of your end step, if you control three or more Foods, transform Bountiful Oak.

Treefolk are generous, but don't like seeing their gifts rejected.

2/3

////

Twisted Rotbark - (B/G colour indicator)

Deathtouch

1B, T, Sacrifice a Food: Twisted Rotbark fights target creature you don't control.

Letting their fruit go to waste often results in a rotten response.

3/3
    Last edited by Gauntlet; 2019-11-18 at 08:34 AM.

25. - Top - End - #715
    Ghost in the Playground

Kobold

Spoiler: mythmonster2's Izzet Informer
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by mythmonster2
    Izzet Informer 2U
    Creature- Human Wizard (U)
    Whenever you draw your second card each turn, tap or untap target creature.
    2B: Transform Izzet Informer
    2/2

Izzet Infiltrator
    Creature- Shapeshifter Wizard (U/B color indicator)
    Whenever you draw your second card each turn, each opponent loses two life and you gain two life.
    2U: Transform Izzet Infiltrator
    2/2
    This is a good payoff for the "draw two" draft archetype they've put in a few recent sets. I appreciate the flavor of the Dimir sneaking into other guilds, but I'm not sure the name/concept gets at what this card feels like it's doing. The front face is probably Izzet, but the transformation is decidedly Orzhov, so the name should probably be different. There should maybe also be some flavor text justifying why this has to be the same card rather than two different cards showing different Dimir agents.

Spoiler: Quiddle's Oil's Augmentation
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiddle
    Oil's Augmentation 1B
    Enchantment - Aura R
    Enchant Creature
    At the beginning of your upkeep put a -1/-1 counter on enchanted creature.
    1: Enchanted creature gets +3/-1 until the end of the turn.
    When enchant creature dies, exile CARDNAME then return in to the battlefield transformed.
    //
    Perfector of Form (Black indicatior)
    Creature - Horror
    Wither
    CARDNAME gets +1/+1 for each -1/-1 counter on any creature.
    3/6
    The power level on this seems pushed a little too far. A standard environment with this card in it would punish low toughness creatures to an oppressive degree, given that a 3/6+ with upside could come down on turn 3-4 while also killing something.

Spoiler: ben-zayb's Unity Module
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ben-zayb
    Unity Module 2
    Artifact Creature - Servo U
    ~ gets +3/+3 if you control two other Servos.
    Sync (2/W)
    1/1
    //
    Synchronization Drive
    {white color indicator}
    Artifact - Equipment
    Equipped creature gets +3/+3 if two other Equipments are attached to it.
    I feel like this card is pushing in too many different mechanical directions. It's got a big Servo tribal payoff, two-brid cost, a new mechanic, "equipment tribal," and two-way transformation. That's a lot to process, and I'm not sure one deck would want both sides of the card, especially since a Kaladesh set might push Vehicles more than equipment as something to have in higher volume.

Spoiler: DeTess's Simic Growth-Pod
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by DeTess View Post
    Simic growth-pod (G/U)(G/U)
    Artifact - R
    Sacrifice a creature you control: Put X +1/+1 on ~, where X is the sacrificed creature's power.
    2: transform. Activate this ability only any time you could cast a sorcery.
    //
    Simic mutant(blue-green color indicator)
    creature-Shark bat elf
    If there are 3 or more +1/+1 counters on ~, it gains trample. If there are 5 or more +1/+1 counters on ~, it gains flying.
    T: transform. Activate this ability only any time you could cast a sorcery.
    1/1
    This is interesting mechanically, but I have two concerns about it. First, the color pie- this definitively would not be printable as a mono-blue card, so it's a misuse of hybrid. If anything, this card seems like it's missing some black in its cost. Second, I'm not sure this feels like a Simic card other than the wacky creature types. You're sacrificing a bunch of stuff to stitch together a horrible abomination. That's more Innistrad-zombie than the Simic augmentation and evolution theme.

Spoiler: BasketofPuppies's Khans of Tarkir
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Khans of Tarkir 2WB
    Enchantment- R
    At the beginning of your upkeep, target creature you control gains vigilance and first strike until the end of your turn
    At the beginning of your end step, if 5 or more creatures died this turn, transform ~.
    ————————————
    Dragons of Tarkir (R/B color indicator)
    Enchantment - R
    At the beginning of each opponent’s upkeep, create a 2/2 Dragon creature token with flying.
    I do like that the transformed side still mechanically fits within WB while taking on the color red. The power level of the card, though, seems pretty low (in 2-player games, anyway, it gets a lot more potent in multiplayer). The Khans effect is not something you would pay 4 mana of two colors for, and 5 creatures is actually a pretty high bar to have die at once. The Dragons-side payoff seems like something you could put on a 4 or 5 mana gold enchantment without having to jump through hoops. The flavor is cool though; the concept might have worked better on a Saga that transformed into a regular enchantment. Also, I assume the Dragon tokens were supposed to be red.

Spoiler: Ninjaman's Simic Exam Project
    Show
    Simic Exam Project - UG
    Creature - Fish Bird - R
    Flying, Evovle
    1/1
    -------
    Simic Masterpiece
    Flying, trample
    5/5
    A pretty hefty evolve payoff that works well with other +1/+1 counter mechanics. The jump from the 5/5 to the 10/10 I think threads the needle of just difficult enough without being out of reach for dedicated evolve decks, while giving the opponent a reasonable window to deal with it before the key threshold is reached. Simic also seems like one of the places they would put DFCs if they ever use them on Ravnica, so it could even be a subtheme of the set.

Spoiler: Laughing Dog's Shinobi Assailants
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Laughing Dog View Post
    Shinobi Assailants 2U
    Creature- Human Ninja R
    Ninjutsu- 3UU (3UU, Return an unblocked attacker you control to hand: Put this card onto the battlefield from your hand tapped and attacking.)
    Whenever Shinobi Assailants deals combat damage to a player, transform them.
    3/1

Samurai Watchmen (blue-white color indicator)
    Creature- Human Ninja Samurai -R
    Vigilance, Bushido 2 (Whenever this creature blocks or becomes blocked, it gets +2/+2 until end of turn.)
    1W: Untap target attacking Creature and remove it from combat. Tap Samurai Watchmen. Activate this ability only if Samurai Watchmen are untapped.

Former shinobi, the watchmen are familiar with the tricks of their former trade.
    4/4
    This strikes me as a color pie break, since I don't think blue would end up with a 4/4 with Vigilance and Bushido. The transformed side is also pretty oppressive, since you can put it on the stack multiple times to remove all of an opponent's relevant attackers from combat after declaring blocks. Ninjas transforming off of dealing combat damage seems like pretty neat flavor-space, though.

Spoiler: Durkoala's Lucha Mask
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Durkoala View Post
    Lucha Mask 1R
    Artefact—Equipment U

Equipped creature gets +2/+2.

If ~ becomes unequipped, tap the creature it was unequipped from.

4: Exile equipped creature, then transform ~.

Equip: 2

//

Spirit of Lucha (red colour indicator)

Creature—Avatar

Trample

When ~ blocks or is blocked by a creature with greater power, you may have ~'s power become equal to that creature's.

~ can use any abilities of a creature it has exiled.

When ~ dies, send any cards exiled with it to their owner's graveyard.

4/4
    There are some rules and templating problems here. But, you can also use the transform ability without needing to exile anything, which I'm not sure is intended and makes this a very powerful limited card. Mechanically, you might have been able to get to the same flavor-space by having the equipment transform into an Aura that modified the creature rather than exiling and "replacing" it.

Spoiler: mystic1110's Unimpeachable Buke
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by mystic1110 View Post
    Unimpeachable Buke 1W
    Creature - Human Samurai (R)
    Bushido 2 (Whenever this creature blocks or becomes blocked, it gets +2/+2 until end of turn.)
    Whenever Unimpeachable Buke is unblocked, you may untap Unimpeachable Buke and remove it from combat, if you do transform Unimpeachable Buke.
    "He is the most honorable person in the palace"
    2/1
    //
    Wielder of Gossip
    Creature - Human Ninja
    (blue and black color indicators)
    At the your turn you may tap target creature and that creature doesn't untap during its controller's next untap step.
    At the beginning of your upkeep, each opponent loses 1 life, you draw a card and transform Wielder of Gossip.
    "He is still the most honorable person in the palace"
    1/2
    I'm not sure Ninja is the right creature type for the transformed side, maybe Noble? Advisor? Either way, this is a color pie break, since it's a white creature that ends up freezing (a blue thing) and paying life to draw (a black thing) upon being unblocked. It could maybe get printed as white-black, since white can do some tapping, but I don't think this mix of abilities would work with just white mana as the payment. The flavor also seems to fit for a WB card.

Spoiler: Dr.G4H's Trinket Lich
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gunsforhands View Post
    Trinket Lich - 2BB
    Creature - Aetherborn Wizard R
    Haste, Deathtouch
    Whenever Trinket Lich deals combat damage to a player, that player discards a card and you add EE.
    If Trinket Lich would die, instead transform it and tap it.
    4/3
    //
    Aether Phylactery
    Artifact
    B, T: Add E
    Pay EEE, T: Transform Aether Phylactery and untap it.
    This is a pretty strong creature, with an interesting take on what an "undead aetherborn" would be. Given that artifact destruction would be a little more relevant in Kaladesh sets, it's difficult to remove permanently without being too impossible. The front side's transformation should probably just let it die and return from the graveyard transformed, to avoid weird rules questions if it manages to transform back on the same turn somehow (e.g. does it still have damage marked on it? would it just die again? etc.)

Spoiler: Personification's Joint Research
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Personification View Post
    From Fiora:
    Joint Research 1UU
    Enchantment R
    At the beginning of your upkeep, each player draws a card.
    Whenever you draw a card, put an espionage counter on ~.
    When ~ has six or more espionage counters, exile it and return it to the battlefield transformed.
    I'd like to propose an intellectual endeavor. I would provide the funding of course.
    //
    Corporate Takeover (UB color indicator)
    Enchantment
    2BB: Target player puts the top X cards of their library into their graveyard, where X is the number of cards in your hand plus the number of cards in their hand.
    That beautiful brain may be yours, but its contents are certainly not.
    I like the synergy of a howling mine variant that becomes a mill thing. I'm not sure, though, that this ends up that great of an investment. It takes around 3 turns to transform, then you still have to pour a pretty significant amount of mana in to get the milling going. In a 60-card situation, you would (probably) need to activate that between 4 and 6 times to get to "lethal," more if your opponent can dump their hand or you've needed to play multiple spells a turn. It might work as a control v. control win condition

Spoiler: Gauntlet's Orchard protector
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gauntlet
    Orchard Protector - 1GG

Vigilance

1G, T: Create a Food token.

At the beginning of your end step, if you control three or more Foods, transform Bountiful Oak.

Treefolk are generous, but don't like seeing their gifts rejected.

2/3

////

Twisted Rotbark - (B/G colour indicator)

Deathtouch

1B, T, Sacrifice a Food: Twisted Rotbark fights target creature you don't control.

Letting their fruit go to waste often results in a rotten response.

3/3
    I really like the flavor here, capturing the feel of a forest turning evil and nightmarish in the night. The food ties in well, but I'm not sure the transformed side needs to have a black activation cost. Black doesn't really do fighting, but monogreen does get both fight and deathtouch. It's an interesting color pie question whether it should have both on one creature, but I don't think black has ever gotten a fight card.

Spoiler: Winner
    Show
    I'll give it to Ninjaman with the Simic Exam Project, with the runner-up being Dr.Gunsforhands and the Trinket Lich.
    Last edited by Misothene; 2019-11-20 at 06:09 PM.

26. - Top - End - #716

I'd like to point out on Gauntlet's behalf that they explicitly never combine fighting and deathtouch in monogreen, as it basically just turns into "destroy target creature." Much like Twisted Reflection in Modern Horizons, this is a case where while each affect alone works in monocolor, combined they are out of pie without help.

27. - Top - End - #717

ElfMonkGuy

The main thinking behind my card's lore was that the Dimir had infiltrated the Izzet (or other guilds) with shapeshifters. Front face is the shapeshifter as they appear to the Izzet, the second is their "true" face. Good point that the draining is more Orzhov, though, maybe I should've made it mill or something instead.

28. - Top - End - #718
    Ogre in the Playground

Create a six drop creature which has an alternative use for less than 6 mana

I will clarify, to get the proper creature you need to pay six mana at once, so I'm not going to count discount effects like delve or alternative costs like madness, as well as morph costs of 5 or less.
    It then needs an ability that can be used from somewhere other than the battlefield, that gives it some use before you have six mana. These are abilities like: Bloodrush, Cycling, Evoke, Forecast.
    Getting a worse version of the creature for less than six counts.
    Last edited by Ninjaman; 2019-11-21 at 06:22 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Extended signature

29. - Top - End - #719
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Probably not what I'm going with but would a 6 drop morph with a flip cost of 4+ fit?
    Being a mime means never having to say you're sorry.

30. - Top - End - #720
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tom the Mime View Post
    Probably not what I'm going with but would a 6 drop morph with a flip cost of 4+ fit?
    I don't think the flip cost even matters. The 2/2 body itself is certainly an alternate use, right?

Edit: Oh, I see, if you flip it to get it into play a little earlier then that might be more like an alternate cost, and if you flip it later then it's not really before turn 6... Ninjaman, help!
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2019-11-21 at 02:19 AM.
    Mina, Lynera, Ajax, Vena.