Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ... 41920212223242526272829303132333435363738 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: MTG - You Make The Card VII: Your Custom Planeswalker Card Died in War of the Spa

From Tachyon in SotM

Blitz 0
    (Red color indicator)Sorcery
    Deal 1 damage to any target.
    Buyback-Send a sorcery card from your graveyard to the bottom of your library.

2. - Top - End - #842
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: MTG - You Make The Card VII: Your Custom Planeswalker Card Died in War of the Spa

Quote Originally Posted by Necroticplague View Post
    From Tachyon in SotM

Blitz 0
    Are you aware that Gutshot is a card that has seen some play?
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Cizak View Post
    I'm gonna be against the flow here and say outlined.

What? Everyone else are against the flow too, okay?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    In the grim statistics of the far future, there is only math.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Most Hilarious Murderer in the Playground. Both his episodes of hysterically ending my life left me chuckling even hours later when I thought about them.
    And more in the extended signature!

Extended signature

3. - Top - End - #843
    Bugbear in the Playground

Judgment has been dealt!

Spoiler: Hyper Beam - myhtmonster2
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by mythmonster2 View Post
    Hyper Beam 1R
    Sorcery (U)
    Hyper Beam deals 5 damage to any target. Lands you control don't untap during your next untap step.

Reference to Pokemon, just in case there are folks who don't know.
    This card is simple, but successfully gets across its idea in two sentences. That sort of efficacy shows a solid link to the core idea behind the attack which smooths over the ways the two games they appear in differ.

Spoiler: Turn Banana //to/ Pistol - ben-zayb
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ben-zayb View Post
    How about a JoJo reference?

Turn Banana U
    Instant U
    Target artifact becomes a Food with "2,T: Sacrifice this artifact: You gain 3 life" until end of turn. Its controller must activate abilities of each artifact they control this turn if able.
    //
    Pistol 2R
    Sorcery
    ~ deals 6 damage to target player if they activated an artifact's ability this turn.
    Aftermath
    I can tell what sort of event inspired the card despite not being far enough in the series to have seen it myself. The turn banana part doesn't work as intended since you can't be forced to pay a cost. For example, having Propaganda and no other attack options means that forced attack cards don't do anything. The pistol part suffers a cascading failure as a result. This card has good premise, but doesn't turn it into valid rules text.

Spoiler: Spirit Bomb - Mystic Muse
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    Spirit Bomb R

Sorcery - R

Join Forces Starting with you, each player may pay any amount of Mana. Spirit Bomb deals X damage to target Creature or Player where X is the total amount of mana payed this way.
    The move inspiring the card is depicted well enough here, but I'm not sure the obvious play pattern works. By the time your opponents in a multiplayer game agree that one opponent or card needs to go down, it might be too late. Still a good card either way, as a blaze variant more resistant to counterspells and copies.

Spoiler: Shine the Light - LaZodiac
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Shine the Light XUB
    Instant - R
    Gain control with target creature with toughness equal or less than X.
    At the end of your next turn, sacrifice it and draw a card equal to it's power.
    Once released from its sway, those afflicted <REDACTED> as a result of the strain on their will. - Doctor Darling, case report study

(This is from Control. One of your special moves in the game is to, using this psychic abilities granted by this device, subvert enemies to your will)
    This card tells a story in one effect. You control the target with the light, then take their resources when they die of an overstrained will. That the draw effect only goes off if the creature survives gives other players options, which makes the card more fun to see from the other side of the table.

Spoiler: Red Miles - Dr. Gunsforhands
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gunsforhands View Post
    Red Miles - 2RR
    There's a promo art for this that's not in the usual MtG style.
    Sorcery - (The set symbol looks like this.)
    Red Miles deals 4 damage to each player and 13 damage to each creature and planeswalker.
    The vicious and all destructive nature of this attack is clear in the card's effect. Getting rid of planeswalkers as well as creatures is a welcome addition, because planewalkers thrive on a creatureless board. The card's somewhat undercosted, though.

Spoiler: The Power of Music - DeTess
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by DeTess View Post
    The Power of Music 4RW
    instant - R
    Play this card only during combat, after blockers are declared.
    Choose one:
    • Attacking creatures gain Double Strike, indestructible and trample until end of turn, blocking creatures lose indestructible until end of turn.
    • Blocking creatures gain Double Strike and indestructible until end of turn, attacking creatures lose indestructible and trample until end of turn.

"Listen to my song!"
    This card lets one simply, utterly, win combat whether on offense or defense. The removal of trample and indestructible is a nice touch, as those are two of the most frustrating mechanics in the game. However, the reason why music is letting you do so is hidden behind an unlisted reference. I like the card anyway, though.

Spoiler: Tombstone Piledriver - mystic1110
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by mystic1110 View Post
    Tombstone Piledriver 3BG
    Sorcery U
    Return target creature card from your graveyard to the battlefield, then it fights target creature an opponent controls.
    There ain't no grave can hold my body down...
    Exaggerating the original wresting move based on its user's lore is fair change when taking a real move into fiction. Both removal and recursion are effects most decks need, and this puts them in one tight, evocative package.

Spoiler: Lifeward - Unavenger
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    Lifeward 1{W/B}
    Instant - U
    When target creature you control dies this turn, return it to the battlefield under your control.
    This card is clearly some sort of death prevention buff by the name and effect, but I'm not sure of the exact source since the inspiration isn't listed. Despite that, it's a good hybrid card playing around in space both colors get.

Spoiler: Mushrooms and Fireflowers - Tom the Mime
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom the Mime View Post
    Mushrooms and Fireflowers 1G
    Instant U
    Multikicker R
    Target creature gets +3/+3 until end of turn.
    If ~ was kicked, that creature also gets +1/+0 until end of turn for each time it was kicked.
    This card links two close but still disparate ideas to create one card design, which weakens its adherence to the challenge. This is still an interesting combat trick, but it doesn't feel like one action.

Spoiler: Phaser - Ninjaman
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaman View Post
    Phaser - UR
    Sorcery - U
    Target creature gains haste and can't be blocked this turn.
    Draw a card.

From Dead Cells.
    The combination of effects here is particularly good at creating dangerous surprises, similarly to the original attack. Though, the congruence between original attack and card ends at the dangerous surprise part, since the attack increases damage while this card forgoes a damage up for a cantrip. Still quite effective, though.

Spoiler: Triangle Attack - Laughing Dog
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Laughing Dog View Post
    Triangle Attack 2G
    Instant -R
    Three target creatures you control that share a creature type each deal damage equal to their power to target creature or planeswalker that you don't control.
    While this card is a little finicky, the limitations on access to it are needed to balance out the removal power it gives a color that's not the best in that area. The name and three similar creature requirement alone get across the idea behind the attack effectively.

Spoiler: Death from Below
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gauntlet View Post
    Death From Below - BBB
    Sorcery- Rare

Target creature gets -0/-2 until end of turn. Create a colorless Treasure artifact token with "T, sacrifice this artifact: add one mana of any color."

When that creature dies this turn, copy Death From Below. You may choose new targets for the copy.

"We're already drownin', all we gotta do is open our mouths and let the water in..."
    -Pyke
    The way this card is worded makes parsing the overall effect harder. When used properly, it'll kill every targetable 2 or less toughness creature your opponent controls, plus however many you control you want, then reduce the toughness of one more creature, getting as many treasures as copies in the process. This effect is quite powerful, but with a high color requirement. I could see someone using this card make access to a late game splash color easier. I like the card, but think the wording could be improved.

Spoiler: Blitz - Necroticplague
    Show
    From Tachyon in SotM

Blitz 0
    This card gets across the idea of death by a thousand cuts, a tactic common to speedsters. It's also busted. You get free damage for playing a sorcery if you have this card in hand. Stopping the effect requires discard or a counterspell, leaving the card's user ahead on mana either way. Since it doesn't exile used cards, it also card reverse deck thins after a shuffle, where you're more likely to draw into spells than lands because there's relatively more spells in the deck.

Spoiler: Top 5
    Show

Red Miles
    Tombstone Piledriver
    Hyper Beam
    Shine the Light
    Triangle Attack

Spoiler: Runner Up
    Show

mystic1110's Tombstone Piledriver

Spoiler: Winner
    Show

LaZodiac's Shine the Light
    Last edited by TurboGhast; 2020-01-01 at 06:33 PM.
    Link to true signature
    Feel free to sig anything I post, just do so in quote format.

4. - Top - End - #844
    Colossus in the Playground

Good contest everybody. Genuinely surprised I won, had a stiff competition. Now, for the next one...

Since Theros Beyond Death is currently in spoiler season, Make a Card Based On *scrubbed*, using a mechanic from any Theros set.
    Last edited by flat_footed; 2020-01-02 at 12:54 PM.

Ray 01 avatar by Pinkhaired August. C U S T O M!
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

5. - Top - End - #845
    Barbarian in the Playground

You missed me.
    Stop using good evidence and logic that makes sense to refute points, that's my job
    Lots of people seem to use blue for sarcasm, I decided I should too
    Quote Originally Posted by nabcif View Post
    Nitpick: I believe you'll find that only our heads explode. Page 43 of Book of Pedantic Forumites, if memory serves.
    I have joined the ranks of the FFRPeople Here is my character.

Thank you to Linkele for creating my avatar!

6. - Top - End - #846

I have been asked to adjust the context. It is now...

Make a card using Theros mechanics.

7. - Top - End - #847
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

I'm kinda confused as to why it needed scrubbing given it wasn't exactly a reference to something that would've been modern and contentious or spoilers. Not going to make a big deal about it or anything but would it be possible for flat_footed to post (thread or pm) why it was scrubbed so there isn't this issue again? Because with Theros coming out, I could see that sort of reference happening again in separate challenges otherwise.
    Being a mime means never having to say you're sorry.

8. - Top - End - #848
    Ogre in the Playground

@turboghast, my card was based specifically on the anime Macross Frontier (where the music definitely has tangible effect on the battles happening), but also more generally on the trope of the theme music power-up.

edit: @LaZodiac, since the upcoming Theros set has Sagas, would sagas count as a Theros mechanic for this challenge?
    Last edited by DeTess; 2020-01-02 at 07:16 AM.
    Jasnah avatar by Zea Mays

9. - Top - End - #849

Quote Originally Posted by DeTess View Post
    @turboghast, my card was based specifically on the anime Macross Frontier (where the music definitely has tangible effect on the battles happening), but also more generally on the trope of the theme music power-up.

edit: @LaZodiac, since the upcoming Theros set has Sagas, would sagas count as a Theros mechanic for this challenge?
    Yes, it would.

10. - Top - End - #850
    Troll in the Playground

Prismatic Pontiff 3
    Creature - Human Cleric (R)
    Prismatic Pontiff is all colors.
    You have devotion equal to 7 for each color.
    Creatures you control that have restrictions as to when they may attack or block, may attack or block as if they did not have those restrictions.
    Shackles are for mortals
    2/2
    Last edited by mystic1110; 2020-01-15 at 11:58 AM.
    Spoiler: YinBao
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    Yea, that is a nice rabbit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    YinBao is fluffy and warm like all rabbits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
    Yes, I am a shameless YinBao fan...
    Quote Originally Posted by Phobia View Post
    YinBao and Ran Yang Li. The ultimate bromance! XD

Spoiler: In-Arl
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PossiblyInsane View Post
    HOW HAS THIS WORLD BECOME SO AWED BY A PATHETIC, TIRED CHICKEN?
    Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    All Praise In-Arl for his wisdom and tasty dark meat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
    Yay! PTSD Chicken!

11. - Top - End - #851
    Alchemist in the Playground Moderator

Not going to make a big deal about it or anything but would it be possible for flat_footed to post (thread or pm) why it was scrubbed so there isn't this issue again? Because with Theros coming out, I could see that sort of reference happening again in separate challenges otherwise.
    The Fullmetal Mod: No, it's not allowed for me to discuss the nature of a scrub.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    So I'm the Satipo to your Dr. Jones, Jr.?
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    The start is a pretty good starting point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    flat_footed, you saved London, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    Under my leadership, the Illuminati immediately emerged victorious.

Extended Signature

12. - Top - End - #852

ElfMonkGuy

Kore, God of Spring 4G
    Legendary Enchantment Creature- God (MR)
    Indestructible
    As long as your devotion to black and green is less than seven, Kore isn't a creature.
    Whenever a creature enters the battlefield under your control, put a +1/+1 counter on it and you gain two life. If it escaped, instead put two +1/+1 counters on it and you gain three life.
    Escape: 4B, Exile five other cards from your graveyard.
    6/7
    Last edited by mythmonster2; 2020-01-14 at 07:35 PM.

13. - Top - End - #853
    Titan in the Playground

Frayer of Borders BB2
    Creature-Enchantment Zombie
    Frayer of Borders has +1/+1 for each creature in exile.
    Escape BBB2, exile at least one creature card from your graveyard.
    1/1

14. - Top - End - #854
    Troll in the Playground

Slifer, the Executive Producer - 2UU
    Legendary Enchantment Creature - God MR
    Flying, Indestructible
    This enchantment's power is equal to the number of cards in your hand. If that number is less than seven, this enchantment isn't a creature.
    You have no maximum hand size.
    Sacrifice 3 creatures: Draw 3 cards.
    */7

Spoiler
    Show
    Mega Ultra Chicken - BRG
    Legendary Enchantment Creature - God
    Indestructible
    Mega Ultra Chicken can't be countered.
    Mega Ultra Chicken is not a creature unless it's monstrous.
    Monstrosity X - Sacrifice 3 creatures and pay X life, where X is your life total minus 1.
    Spells you cast can't be countered.
    0/0
    Obelisk, the Tormentor - 1BB
    Legendary Enchantment Creature - God MR
    Hexproof, Indestructible
    Obelisk, the Tormentor isn't a creature unless it's monstrous.
    Monstrosity 8 - Sacrifice five creatures
    When Obelisk, the Tormentor becomes monstrous, destroy all creatures you don't control.
    Torrr-meeent~
    0/0
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2020-01-03 at 01:47 AM.
    Mina, Lynera, Ajax, Vena.

15. - Top - End - #855
    Ogre in the Playground

Odyssey 1WG
    Enchantment-Saga R
    flash
    1. Exile target creature.
    2. Search your library for a land and put it onto the battlefield. Then shuffle your Library.
    3. ~ deals damage to up to one target creature equal to the creature exiled with ~'s power.
    4. Return the creature exiled with ~ to the battlefield under its owner's control with two +1/+1 counters. It has haste until end of turn.
    Last edited by DeTess; 2020-01-05 at 05:03 PM.
    Jasnah avatar by Zea Mays

16. - Top - End - #856
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

Default I've been playing Age of Mythology lately, can you tell?

Arkantos, Atlantean Admiral 1R(U/W)
    Legendary Creature- Human Soldier R
    First Strike
    Heroic- Whenever you cast a spell that targets Arkantos, Atlantean Admiral, creatures you control get +2/+0 until end of turn.
    2/2
    A fundamental truth about existence: All is to be laughed at.

Lawful Evil with Chaotic Good tendencies. Have fun figuring that out.

How to deal with Slowbro in Gen 1:
    1. Mewtwo
    2. there is no #2.

Quote Originally Posted by Man_Over_Game View Post
    Well, that makes you Dr. Robotnik. So...yeah?

17. - Top - End - #857
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Alkedes, Guilty-Hearted WRG
    Legendary Enchantment Creature - Demigod M
    Indestructible, Double Strike, Trample
    Heroic ó Whenever you cast a spell that targets ~, you may put a quest counter on it. If you do, it fights up to one target creature that dealt combat damage to you or a creature you control this turn.
    ~ can't attack or block as long as it has less than twelve quest counters on it.
    6/6
    Last edited by ben-zayb; 2020-01-03 at 12:38 AM.

18. - Top - End - #858

Diantha, Knowledge Seeker - 1UU

Legendary Creature - Human Cleric - Rare

Constellation - Whenever an enchantment enters the battlefield under your control, Scry 2.

Whenever you scry and put all the cards you looked at on the bottom of your library, you may sacrifice an enchantment. If you do, draw a card.

"The gods bring us knowledge, but something is missing. There are more secrets, hidden deep in the starlight and the shadows."

1/3

19. - Top - End - #859
    Ogre in the Playground

Heliods Decree - 3WWW
    Legendary Enchantment - M
    Constellation - Whenever an enchantment enters the battlefield under your control, you may exile target nonland permanent until that enchantment leaves the battlefield.
    Last edited by Ninjaman; 2020-01-06 at 10:16 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Most Hilarious Murderer in the Playground. Both his episodes of hysterically ending my life left me chuckling even hours later when I thought about them.

Extended signature

20. - Top - End - #860
    Bugbear in the Playground

Plateau of Divine Thrones 4

Legendary ArtefactóFortification

Indestructible

While ~ is attached to a land, your devotion to
    any colour of mana that land would produce is increased
    by 1.

When Fortified Land becomes tapped for mana, target
    Enchantment card gets +1/+1 and becomes a creature
    until end of turn.

Fortify: Reveal a God card from your hand and put it on
    the bottom of your deck.
    Last edited by Durkoala; 2020-01-09 at 12:56 AM.
    Spoiler: Pixel avatar and Raincloud Durkoala were made by me. The others are the work of Cuthalion.
    Show

Cuteness and Magic and Phone Moogles, oh my! Let's Watch Card Captor Sakura!Sadly on a small hiatus.

Durkoala reads a book! It's about VR and the nineties!

21. - Top - End - #861
    Dwarf in the Playground

Iona, God of Eternities 2C
    Legendary Enchantment Creature - God
    Indestructible
    As long as your devotion to C is less than 5 Iona, God of Eternities isn't a creature.
    Whenever a creature you control attacks, exile the top card of the defending player's library.
    3: You may play cards exiled by Iona, God of Eternities this turn and you may spend colorless mana as though it were mana of any type to play those cards..
    7/7
    Last edited by Quiddle; 2020-01-15 at 11:22 PM.
    Spoiler: My Homebrew(3.5):
    Show
    All hail the white space, for from it all posts are shaped.
    Hey look, it is the oldest trick in the book!

22. - Top - End - #862

I got a little distracted last week and COMPLETELY forgot to post here.

I'll call the judgement on this Friday, my time, for sure.

23. - Top - End - #863
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Quiddle View Post
    Iona, God of Eternities 2CC
    Enchantment Creature - God
    Indestructible
    As long as your devotion to C is less than 5 Iona, God of Eternities isn't a creature.
    Whenever a creature you control attacks, exile the top card of the defending player's library.
    5: You may play cards exiled by Iona, God of Eternities this turn and use colorless mana to do so as if it were mana of any color.
    7/7
    Iím not sure devotion to colorless works. The rules for devotion only cover colors, and colorless isnít technically a color (even if the introduction of C did effectively make it a rare 6th color). That would be like having devotion to snow,Phyrexian, or generic.

24. - Top - End - #864

Iím not sure devotion to colorless works. The rules for devotion only cover colors, and colorless isnít technically a color (even if the introduction of C did effectively make it a rare 6th color). That would be like having devotion to snow,Phyrexian, or generic.
    Actually, because the rules of Devotion go by symbols in mana cost, the could support Devotion to colorless. However, due to the confusion this would cause with regards to generic mana, and the fact that the density of Eldrazi required for it to work is hard to come by, they have said that they won't do it. Devotion to snow actually could also work, but I don't think Phyrexian would, because colored P counts towards Devotion to the color.

Also, that god should probably be Legendary.
    Stop using good evidence and logic that makes sense to refute points, that's my job
    Nitpick: I believe you'll find that only our heads explode. Page 43 of Book of Pedantic Forumites, if memory serves.

25. - Top - End - #865
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Why not? Hybrid mana can count towards either and phyrexian mana is just a specific hybrid. It's not likely they ever will looking at the phyrexian mana card base but there'd actually be a decent plot thread. Ashiok understands Theros and their schemes kinda focus there. They discovered Phyrexia through Elspeth and is heading there. They're focused on fear and nightmares so what might they bring back. One potential answer, deliberate or accidental, could be glistening oil, with a future set including some corrupted gods as it takes hold in Theros.

Unfortunately, I don't think "Legendary artifact enchantment creature - God" would fit on the card. Otherwise I'd be more tempted to do something like a corrupted Thassa, with the devotion required being blue or phyrexian. Maybe have statics that all mana of their original colour can be paid for as if it was phyrexian?

Edit: Actually

Thassa, Oil-slicked 3(U/P)(U/P)
    Legendary enchantment creature - God MR
    Indestructible
    As long as your devotion to phyrexia and blue is less than 7, ~ isn't a creature.
    For the first spell you cast each turn, U mana in spells can be paid for with 2 life
    Whenever you pay life to cast a spell, scry 1 and tap up to one target creature.
    As the oil spread over the sea, Thassa was corrupted
    6/5
    Last edited by Tom the Mime; 2020-01-17 at 05:28 AM. Reason: Fixing pronouns

26. - Top - End - #866

Why not? Hybrid mana can count towards either and phyrexian mana is just a specific hybrid. It's not likely they ever will looking at the phyrexian mana card base but there'd actually be a decent plot thread. Ashiok understands Theros and his schemes kinda focus there. He discovered Phyrexia through Elspeth and is heading there. He's focused on fear and nightmares so what might he bring back. One potential answer, deliberate or accidental, could be glistening oil, with a future set including some corrupted gods as it takes hold in Theros.

Unfortunately, I don't think "Legendary artifact enchantment creature - God" would fit on the card. Otherwise I'd be more tempted to do something like a corrupted Thassa, with the devotion required being blue or phyrexian. Maybe have statics that all mana of their original colour can be paid for as if it was phyrexian?

Edit: Actually

Thassa, Oil-slicked 3(U/P)(U/P)
    Legendary enchantment creature - God MR
    Indestructible
    As long as your devotion to phyrexia and blue is less than 6, ~ isn't a creature.
    U mana in spells you cast can be paid for with 2 life
    Whenever you pay life to cast a spell, scry 2 and tap up to one target creature.
    6/5

No space for flavor text but "As the oil spread over the sea, Thassa was changed"
    With Elspeth's luck, Theros will be invaded by Phyrexia and Grixis at the same time, and then she'll learn about Eldrazi.

Also, I just realized that Elspeth learning about Eldrazi and having to give up a happy life on Theros to join the Gatewatch in Gids's place when Emrakul inevitably returns would be both totally on brand and very sad.

27. - Top - End - #867
    Ogre in the Playground

Friendly remainder that Ashiok should be referred to by they, or by just saying Ashiok. Maro has said that Ashiok's gender is unknown.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Extended signature

28. - Top - End - #868
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Fixed. My lore knowledge is hit and miss and I was going from the card art seeming more masculine in the first two. The face does look more feminine in the Beyond Theros card art looking at it though.
    Last edited by Tom the Mime; 2020-01-16 at 03:46 AM.

29. - Top - End - #869
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Personification View Post
    Actually, because the rules of Devotion go by symbols in mana cost, the could support Devotion to colorless. However, due to the confusion this would cause with regards to generic mana, and the fact that the density of Eldrazi required for it to work is hard to come by, they have said that they won't do it. Devotion to snow actually could also work, but I don't think Phyrexian would, because colored P counts towards Devotion to the color.

Also, that god should probably be Legendary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rule 700.5
    A playerís devotion to [color]is equal to the number of mana symbols of that color among the mana costs of permanents that player controls.A playerís devotion to [color 1] and [color 2]is equal to the number of mana symbols among the mana costs of permanents that player controls that are [color 1], [color 2], or both colors.
    Colorless isn't a color, so no mana symbol can be that color. Doesn't work for the same reason City of Brass can't make colorless mana.

30. - Top - End - #870

Colorless isn't a color, so no mana symbol can be that color. Doesn't work for the same reason City of Brass can't make colorless mana.
    Blogatog has misled me!