Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 45 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2035363738394041424344454647 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1410
  1. - Top - End - #1321
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: MTG - You Make The Card VII: Your Custom Planeswalker Card Died in War of the Spa

Conscripted Saviors 2RB
    [A bucket brigade, visibly chained to each other at the ankles]
    Creature-Human-U
    Whenever you would take damage from a noncreature source, you may reduce the damage by any amount by placing an equal amount of -1/-1 counters on Conscripted Saviors, up to Conscripted Saviors' toughness.
    2/3
    Last edited by Necroticplague; 2020-09-14 at 04:56 PM.

2. - Top - End - #1322
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: MTG - You Make The Card VII: Your Custom Planeswalker Card Died in War of the Spa

Just saw the 2 drop artifact creature that counts as a full party on its own so my old card relying on it taking longer to get a full party and potentially overextending to have enough creatures for it doesn't work.
    Spoiler: Old entry
    Show
    Arm the Adventurers 1WR
    Sorcery U
    It you have a full party, you may cast this spell as if it had flash.
    Search your library for an equipment card and put it in your hand. If you have a full party, you may instead put it on the battlefield, equipped to target cleric, rogue, warrior or wizard you control.

A different idea then.

Spreading Flames 1RR
    Enchantment - R
    At the beginning of your end step, put a wildfire counter on target creature or planeswalker without a wildfire counter then ~ deals damage to each creature and planeswalker with a wildfire counter equal to the number of wildfire counters in play.
    At the beginning of your upkeep, if there are no wildfire counters in play, sacrifice ~.
    Last edited by Tom the Mime; 2020-09-19 at 04:02 PM.

3. - Top - End - #1323
    Dwarf in the Playground

It's been a minute since I've posted here, so let's see how this goes.

Fire Brigade 2UW
    Creature - Human Warrior (R)
    Vigilance
    U, T: Counter target red noncreature spell.
    W, T: Target permanent you control gains protection from red until end of turn.
    2/3
    "When a man becomes a fireman his greatest act of bravery has been accomplished. What he does after that is all in the line of work."

Input on balance would be appreciated :P
    Last edited by The_Tentacle; 2020-09-15 at 09:40 PM.
    "And remember... avoid pears... you'll understand when the time comes..."
    -A.S.

4. - Top - End - #1324
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Attack of Opportunity 2BR
    Instant R
    Until end of turn, target attacking creature you control can assign combat damage to tapped creatures defending player controls as though they are blocking it. If your target is a Rogue, it gets +1/+0 and gains double strike and lifelink and until end of turn.
    Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.
    Extended Signature

5. - Top - End - #1325
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by The_Tentacle View Post
    It's been a minute since I've posted here, so let's see how this goes.

Fire Brigade 2UW
    Creature - Human Warrior (R)
    Vigilance
    U, T: Counter target red noncreature spell.
    W, T: Target creature you control gains protection from red until end of turn.
    2/3
    "When a man becomes a fireman his greatest act of bravery has been accomplished. What he does after that is all in the line of work."

Input on balance would be appreciated :P
    If it was costed like that against any other color, it might be more of an issue but against red, it probably wouldn't even get to the sideboard given the more common mono red decks like rdw and goblins can hit hard before this comes out and goblins can attack around it once it is out anyway.
    Being a mime means never having to say you're sorry.

6. - Top - End - #1326
    Halfling in the Playground

Rampant Denialism GW
    Instant- R
    Prevent all combat damage that would be dealt this turn. Permanents you control gain hexproof until end of turn.
    I canít see it, therefore it isnít happening!
    Last edited by BasketOfPuppies; 2020-09-15 at 07:49 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1327
    Barbarian in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Smoke Out 1{W/R}
    Instant (C)
    Untap target creature you don't control. It must block this turn if able.
    Draw a card.
    Last edited by mythmonster2; 2020-09-18 at 08:45 AM.

8. - Top - End - #1328
    Bugbear in the Playground

Scouring Inferno 2RWW
    Sorcery R
    Destroy all creatures and artifacts. Each player chooses four lands they control, then sacrifices the rest.
    Link to true signature
    Feel free to sig anything I post, just do so in quote format.

9. - Top - End - #1329
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

Burn Lines WBG
    Enchantment- R
    1, Sacrifice an untapped land: Permanents you control gain hexproof and indestructible until end of turn.
    The druids thought it crazy, until they noticed that the fires couldn't spread as far.
    Last edited by Laughing Dog; 2020-09-18 at 10:39 PM. Reason: typo
    A fundamental truth about existence: All is to be laughed at.

Lawful Evil with Chaotic Good tendencies. Have fun figuring that out.

How to deal with Slowbro in Gen 1:
    1. Mewtwo
    2. there is no #2.

Quote Originally Posted by Man_Over_Game View Post
    Well, that makes you Dr. Robotnik. So...yeah?

10. - Top - End - #1330
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sorry about the late judging, I typed half of it up and then forgot to do the rest x_x

Spoiler: Eager Scientist
    Show
    So, this is a 3 color card but the color identity of this card is 5 color. I think the type line is a little long on the front side and villager isn't really important to the card's identity. I think the way the card functions is cool but I wish that the clues interacted with the flip side in some way. Also I don't like how he has the werewolf transform text while not being a werewolf.

Spoiler: Billowing Pyre
    Show
    Instead of one target it should say any target. This card is the real deal, while fog isn't a super played card lightning bolt is. I could see this being played in a control or tempo deck where you could dodge your opponent's alpha strike and either pick off their guys or put them in your lethal range. My only issue with this is that it might be too strong.

Spoiler: Necroflame Crucible
    Show
    Hmm this is a resource intensive enchantment. If I play something that deals damage to each player and creature can I proc both effects at the same time? If you can I could see this being good otherwise its just really slow. I think it might be better if there was another way to access the creatures in the crucible rather than burning your burn cards.

Spoiler: Conscripted Saviors
    Show
    Interesting. I think the idea behind this card is super neat but for a 4 mana 2 color uncommon I think it needs to be stronger than this. I could imagine this same stat and ability line on a 2 or 3 cost card. Also this card is noticably not red. I think it needs like one more ability or something to pull the design together.

Spoiler: Spreading Flames
    Show
    Just a note, the 2 mana artifact has all the party types but a full party needs you to have 4 creatures so your other design was probably fine. Hmm this isn't multicolored. This seems like it might be okay. It could be too strong as removal though especially if you have it in a deck with high toughness bodies - admittedly not a very red thing.

Spoiler: Fire Brigade
    Show
    This is more or less fine. I think that it isn't very blue as single color hate cards i think tend to be more white. Reminds me of Jaya's creature card.

Spoiler: Attack of Opportunity
    Show
    So this is super cool. I wonder if it might be a bit much to give double strike just because rogues tend to have deathtouch but its probably fine.

Spoiler: Rampant Denialism
    Show
    Interesting another fog+ card. I think this card is more mono green than white green as green has both of these effects more than white. As a rare I think this should be compared to heroic intervention which it is worse than in most cases. Also I think that green and white are usually some of the more pious colors and denialism is more grixis, idk

Spoiler: Smoke Out
    Show
    This is a cool kill spell. I like that it feels thematic in both red and white. Nice common! See bottom.

Spoiler: Scouring Inferno
    Show
    I think that mono red used to get this kind of super board wipe but I guess its white because it doesn't do it with damage? I think you costed this correctly and while it does a couple things I wish it felt a little more distinct.

Spoiler: Burn Lines
    Show
    I'm kind of surprised that this isn't red, as they usually have sacrificing land effects. I suppose black covers that and the rest is heroic intervention. This is a pretty neat card, I'm not sure when you will need more than one or two heroic interventions but this card makes me want to think about it. My only gripe is that for the effect you are getting I think that the mana is a little hard. maybe 1(G/W)B would have been a touch better?

3rd- Conscripted Saviors
    2nd- Attack of Opportunity
    1st- Smoke Out mythmonster2
    Spoiler: My Homebrew(3.5):
    Show
    All hail the white space, for from it all posts are shaped.
    Hey look, it is the oldest trick in the book!

11. - Top - End - #1331
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by Quiddle View Post
    Spoiler: Burn Lines
    Show
    I'm kind of surprised that this isn't red, as they usually have sacrificing land effects. I suppose black covers that and the rest is heroic intervention. This is a pretty neat card, I'm not sure when you will need more than one or two heroic interventions but this card makes me want to think about it. My only gripe is that for the effect you are getting I think that the mana is a little hard. maybe 1(G/W)B would have been a touch better?
    Black does indeed cover the sacrificing lands part, and red is the wrong color for the flavor (red is more destruction of the enemy, especially in Naya; While Abzan is more about sacrificing for the betterment of the whole.) The mana cost could use some tinkering, Your suggestion would work just as well.
    A fundamental truth about existence: All is to be laughed at.

Lawful Evil with Chaotic Good tendencies. Have fun figuring that out.

How to deal with Slowbro in Gen 1:
    1. Mewtwo
    2. there is no #2.

Quote Originally Posted by Man_Over_Game View Post
    Well, that makes you Dr. Robotnik. So...yeah?

12. - Top - End - #1332

ElfMonkGuy

Thanks for the win! I always liked Provoke as a mechanic, even if it's not particularly deep.

Now, for the challenge: Magic balancing has been in a... tough spot lately. Your challenge will be to make a card based on a banned card, or providing a twist on a banned card! I'll be pretty lenient on what exactly that means, but if you want to provide a reference to the card being referenced, feel free.

13. - Top - End - #1333
    Troll in the Playground

Dream-Den Kitten 1(B/W)
    Creature - Cat Nightmare R
    Lifelink
    When Dream-Den Kitten enters the battlefield until end of turn you may cast one permanent spell with converted mana cost 1 or less from your graveyard.
    1/1
    Last edited by mystic1110; 2020-09-21 at 12:28 PM.

14. - Top - End - #1334
    Titan in the Playground

Ancestral Musings U
    Instant-M
    Draw an amount of cards equal to the number of cards named 'Ancestral Musings' in your graveyard.
    Flashback 2U
    Last edited by Necroticplague; 2020-09-21 at 10:46 AM.

15. - Top - End - #1335

Quote Originally Posted by Necroticplague View Post
    Ancestral Musings U
    Instant-M
    Draw an amount of cards equal to the number of cards named 'Ancestral Musings' in your graveyard.
    Flashback 2U
    Is this intended to draw 0 on an empty yard?

- - - Updated - - -

Kier'Zak, Devkarin Shaman BG
    Legendary Planeswalker - Kier'Zak M
    If you control a Swamp, you may cast ~ for G.
    If you control a Forest, you may cast ~ for B.
    [+1] You may exile target creature card from a graveyard. If you do, target player gains two life.
    [-1] You may exile target instant or sorcery card from a graveyard. If you do, target player loses two life.
    [-2] You may exile target land card from a graveyard. If you do, add one mana of any color.
    Loyalty: 2
    ----

I mean, they already called him this.
    EDIT: Sadly, for the color pie of this to work, I couldn't let this be cast just for G, as the second loyalty ability is out of pie. To make it fit the joke I added the static abilities so that he still holds the title but isn't quite a break. Plus, if you have a Shockland or ABUR dual etc. you can still cast him T1.
    Last edited by Personification; 2020-09-21 at 11:32 AM.
    Stop using good evidence and logic that makes sense to refute points, that's my job
    Lots of people seem to use blue for sarcasm, I decided I should too
    Quote Originally Posted by nabcif View Post
    Nitpick: I believe you'll find that only our heads explode. Page 43 of Book of Pedantic Forumites, if memory serves.
    I have joined the ranks of the FFRPeople Here is my character.

Thank you to Linkele for creating my avatar!

16. - Top - End - #1336
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Personification View Post
    Is this intended to draw 0 on an empty yard?
    Yes. The idea is that the last one in your deck would be a proper Ancestral Recall.

17. - Top - End - #1337
    Ogre in the Playground

Lutri, the best otter 1(R/U)(R/U)
    Legendary creature-elemental otter
    partner
    When you cast your commander, if ~ is in the command zone, you may pay 3. If you do, put ~ in your hand.
    Flash
    When ~ enters the battlefield, if you cast it, copy target instant or sorcery spell you control. You may choose new targets for the copy.
    3/2

Okay, I promise I'll try to come up with an actual entry later, I just needed to create this because there's a bunch of people that love the art on this card in my commander playgroup, and who are pretty unhappy he got blanket-banned from that format.

edit: okay, slightly more serious version now.
    Last edited by DeTess; 2020-09-21 at 01:41 PM.
    Jasnah avatar by Zea Mays

18. - Top - End - #1338

Quote Originally Posted by DeTess View Post
    Lutri, the best otter 1(R/U)(R/U)
    Legendary creature-elemental otter
    partner
    When you cast your commander, if ~ is in the command zone, you may pay 3. If you do, put ~ in your hand.
    Flash
    When ~ the battlefield, if you cast it, copy target instant or sorcery spell you control. You may choose new targets for the copy.
    3/2

Okay, I promise I'll try to come up with an actual entry later, I just needed to create this because there's a bunch of people that love the art on this card in my commander playgroup, and who are pretty unhappy he got blanket-banned from that format.

edit: okay, slightly more serious version now.
    The first non-partner ability isn't supposed to do anything before you have cast it from the command zone at least once, right?
    Stop using good evidence and logic that makes sense to refute points, that's my job
    Nitpick: I believe you'll find that only our heads explode. Page 43 of Book of Pedantic Forumites, if memory serves.

19. - Top - End - #1339
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Personification View Post
    The first non-partner ability isn't supposed to do anything before you have cast it from the command zone at least once, right?
    You can still use it even then. It's intended to trigger when you cast its partner (as, iirc, it wouldn't be in the command zone anymore the moment you cast Lutri itself). It's probably not the best idea to use it before you've cast it twice form the command zone, but I don't see why it couldn't be used.
    Last edited by DeTess; 2020-09-21 at 01:45 PM.
    Jasnah avatar by Zea Mays

20. - Top - End - #1340
    Dwarf in the Playground

@mystic1110 I think it should be cast one permanent card since they aren't spells in the yard.

(Strip Mine)
    Exhausted Mine
    Land
    ~ enters the battlefield with a strip counter on it.
    T: add 1.
    Remove a strip counter from ~, T: Target land becomes a copy of ~, put a strip counter on it.

Spoiler: Other ideas
    Show

(Chaos Orb)
    Sphere of Chaos 2
    Artifact R
    1, T: Each player exiles the top 10 cards of their library then for each card a player exiled this way they sacrifice a permanent with the same name as the exiled card. Then sacrifice Havoc Orb.

(Wheel of Fortune)
    Wheel of Fates 2R
    Sorcery
    Each player discards their hands then draws 7 cards from an opponent's library of their choice.

(Hypergenisis)
    Hypogenisis
    Sorcery R
    Hypogenisis is blue
    Suspend 3 - 1UU
    Starting with you, each player may put an artifact, creature, enchantment, or land card from the battlefield into its owner's hand. Repeat this process until no one puts a card into its owner's hand.

(Agent of Treachery)
    Agent of Unity 3UU
    Creature - Human Advisor M
    When ~ enters the battlefield under your control all players control target creature.(The creature untaps during each player's untap step and any player may use it to attack or block.)
    2/3

Might come up with something else later.
    Last edited by Quiddle; 2020-09-22 at 11:40 PM. Reason: more ideas
    Spoiler: My Homebrew(3.5):
    Show
    All hail the white space, for from it all posts are shaped.
    Hey look, it is the oldest trick in the book!

21. - Top - End - #1341
    Troll in the Playground

@mystic1110 I think it should be cast one permanent card since they aren't spells in the yard.
    I used Lurrus's wording so it seems that it defaults to permanent spell. . .

22. - Top - End - #1342
    Dwarf in the Playground

TIL sorry for correcting you.
    Last edited by Quiddle; 2020-09-21 at 02:59 PM.

23. - Top - End - #1343
    Troll in the Playground

Moon Squid - 1U
    Creature - Squid R
    Kicker 13 (You may pay an additional 13 as you cast this spell.)
    When Moon Squid enters the battlefield, if it was kicked, target opponent takes an additional turn after this one. You control that player during that turn. (You can see all cards in the game that player can see, but not their sideboard.)
    1/3
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2020-09-21 at 03:48 PM.
    Ajax, Nexusites, Shun.

24. - Top - End - #1344
    Troll in the Playground

TIL sorry for correcting you.
    No worries at all! I am always happy to receive constructive and helpful criticism.

25. - Top - End - #1345

Quote Originally Posted by DeTess View Post
    You can still use it even then. It's intended to trigger when you cast its partner (as, iirc, it wouldn't be in the command zone anymore the moment you cast Lutri itself). It's probably not the best idea to use it before you've cast it twice form the command zone, but I don't see why it couldn't be used.
    I meant that it doesn't do anything useful. I got that it still triggered. Also, it has use if it has only been cast once, as you can split the cost over two turns.

26. - Top - End - #1346
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Uro, Player's Wrath Oops, sorry, Uro's not banned. Of course.

Druid of Nature's Cycle UG
    Creature - Merfolk Druid U
    When ~ dies, draw a card. You may put a land card from your hand onto the battlefield.
    2/1
    Last edited by ben-zayb; 2020-09-21 at 09:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.
    Extended Signature

27. - Top - End - #1347
    Ogre in the Playground

(Bronze Tablet)
    Imprison in Bronze 2BBW
    Sorcery - R
    Exile target permanent an opponent controls. That player may pay 10 life. If they don't, you may play that card for as long as it remains exiled, and may spend mana as though it were mana of any color to cast it.
    Last edited by Bucky; 2020-09-24 at 12:59 AM.
    The gnomes once had many mines, but now they have gnome ore.

28. - Top - End - #1348
    Ghost in the Playground

Kobold

Flames of Ingenuity 3R
    Enchantment- R
    You can cast spells only during your turn and you can cast no more than two spells each turn.
    Whenever you tap a land for mana, add an additional R.

Based on Fires of Invention.

29. - Top - End - #1349
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Oops. I remembered the colors for the first one but forgot it for the second focusing on fires. Anyway, next entry.

Changing Seasons G
    Instant - U
    Choose one:
    - Spells you control can't be countered this turn.
    - You gain hexproof from blue and from black until end of turn.
    - Permanents you control gain hexproof from blue and from black until end of turn.
    Cycling 2

Veil of Summer was too strong, Autumn's veil was too weak according to Wizards. Stops it from giving you card advantage but let's you get a draw if that's all you want where Autumn's Veil (and to a lesser extent Veil of Summer) would be dead. The cycling also let's me call it Changing Seasons with less of an issue. Making the first part modal isn't a big thing, still matches a card cheaply but it's not pulling as much double duty or costing your opponent quite as much tempo,which felt like a minor tweak that helps after making the rest more versatile than Autumn's Veil.
    Last edited by Tom the Mime; 2020-09-23 at 07:22 AM.

30. - Top - End - #1350
    Bugbear in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Collective Recall U
    Sorcery R
    Each player draws three cards.

Since Vision Skeins and even Words of Wisdom are generally not seen as good, I feel like having a buff to those is probably okay, although unlike Words of Wisdom this actually provides card disadvantage, making it mostly a combo piece, although good to board in against enemies you think will have to discard if you can use it early (and assuming you think you won't have to).