Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 223738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1476
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: MTG - You Make The Card VII: Your Custom Planeswalker Card Died in War of the Spa

In the Fine Print UB
    Instant (R)
    Choose one:
    • Counter target spell an opponent controls, its controller creates a 5/5 black Demon creature token with flying.
    • Gain control of target Demon, lose life equal to its power.
    Flashback - 3BU
    Last edited by mystic1110; 2020-10-09 at 12:31 PM.

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: MTG - You Make The Card VII: Your Custom Planeswalker Card Died in War of the Spa

Ancestral Dreams 1UUU
    [The art is similar to that of Underworld Dreams, but the people are all happy and praying, and the god is Kruphix]
    Enchantment R
    Whenever an opponent draws a card, draw a card.
    Stop using good evidence and logic that makes sense to refute points, that's my job
    Lots of people seem to use blue for sarcasm, I decided I should too
    Quote Originally Posted by nabcif View Post
    Nitpick: I believe you'll find that only our heads explode. Page 43 of Book of Pedantic Forumites, if memory serves.
    I have joined the ranks of the FFRPeople Here is my character.

Thank you to Linkele for creating my avatar!

3. - Top - End - #1383
    Dwarf in the Playground

Swinging Blade RB
    Instant - Trap R
    Deal 4 damage to target attacking creature.
    Exile Swinging Blade with 4 time counters on it, it gains suspend.
    You may cast Swinging Blade from exile as long it has a time counter on it, it costs [1] more for each time counter on it.
    Last edited by Quiddle; 2020-10-09 at 11:59 AM.

4. - Top - End - #1384
    Ogre in the Playground

Fleeting Inspiration 2R
    Instant R
    Until end of turn, whenever target player would draw one or more cards, instead they exile that many cards plus one from the top of their deck. They may play cards exiled this way until the end of turn.

This can be used to increase your own draws, but also to really punish big instant-speed draw spells played at end of turn, or just messing with your opponents plans by messing with their start of turn draw.
    Jasnah avatar by Zea Mays

5. - Top - End - #1385
    Troll in the Playground

Elesh Norn, Archetype of Maturation - 3WG
    Legendary Creature - Praetor MR
    At the beginning of your upkeep, put a +1/+1 counter on each creature you control with less than 3 +1/+1 counters on it.
    Creatures you don't control can't have +1/+1 counters on them.
    3/5

Spoiler: On second thought Norn is still better as a reaction because otherwise your opponent can just play around it
    Show
    Cut the Mic - 4U
    Instant - C
    Cut the Mic costs 3 less to cast as long as it's your turn.
    Counter target spell.
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2020-10-16 at 03:04 PM.
    Nexusites, Dorothy.

6. - Top - End - #1386
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Shifting Antechamber
    Land - Gate R
    ~ enters the battlefield tapped.
    T: Add W or U.
    Whenever a creature attacks you alone, you may pay 2WU. If you do, exile it with ~, then return all other cards exiled with ~ to the battlefield.
    Last edited by ben-zayb; 2020-10-10 at 05:41 AM. Reason: simplified instead of doing Fortification
    Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.
    Extended Signature

7. - Top - End - #1387
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Magmatic Axe 4R
    Instant - U
    If an opponent gained life this turn, ~ costs 3 less if it targets them or planeswalkers they control and cannot be countered.
    ~ deals 5 damage to target player or planeswalker.
    Last edited by Tom the Mime; 2020-10-12 at 04:32 AM.

8. - Top - End - #1388
    Ogre in the Playground

Adaptive Archmage 3RU
    Creature - Human Wizard R
    Whenever an opponent casts a spell, you may exile a card with the same name from a graveyard. If you do, exile that spell unless its controller pays {2}, and Adaptive Archmage deals 3 damage to its controller.
    He's familiar with that trick.
    4/4
    Last edited by Bucky; 2020-10-11 at 12:08 AM.
    The gnomes once had many mines, but now they have gnome ore.

9. - Top - End - #1389

ElfMonkGuy

I'll give 24 hours for more submissions before judging.

EDIT: Alright, no more submissions. Judging should be up by the end of today.
    Last edited by mythmonster2; 2020-10-17 at 11:02 AM.

10. - Top - End - #1390

ElfMonkGuy

Spoiler: Necroticplague- Shrine to Monstrosity
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroticplague View Post
    Shrine to Monstrocity
    Legendary Land - M
    Shrine to Monstrocity
    Whenever a creature card you own with mutate would move to the graveyard (including when any mutated permanent would die), you may pay it's mutate cost to instead cast it as a mutate creature spell, targeting this card as if it were a nonhuman creature. You may only put the mutate creature spell on bottom if you cast it this way.
    At the beginning of combat on your turn, you may pay the mana cost of any mutate creature spells mutating this card. If you do, move the mutate creature spell on top of this card. The mutated creature is still a legendary land named "Shrine to Monstrocity", in addition to its other types and subtypes.
    At the end of turn, put all mutated creature spells above this card below this card.
    Oof, well, this takes an already very complex mechanic and makes it even moreso. Being a land that doesnít make any mana is also weird. This seems potentially strong, since you can make your mutate creatures immune to sorcery speed removal by doing this, but having this take up a land drop makes it pretty awkward to play. Plus, itís not all that reactive, either, since you can sacrifice or destroy your own cards.

Spoiler: mystic 1110- In the Fine Print
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by mystic1110 View Post
    In the Fine Print UB
    Instant (R)
    Choose one:
    • Counter target spell an opponent controls, its controller creates a 5/5 black Demon creature token with flying.
    • Gain control of target Demon, lose life equal to its power.
    Flashback Ė 3BU
    I like this, and I think itíll make some interesting decisions. Losing life when you take control of the demon helps balance this out, and if you use it poorly, a 5/5 flyer can be a big problem.

Spoiler: Personification- Ancestral Dreams
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Personification View Post
    Ancestral Dreams 1UUU
    [The art is similar to that of Underworld Dreams, but the people are all happy and praying, and the god is Kruphix]
    Enchantment R
    Whenever an opponent draws a card, draw a card.
    Consecrated Sphinx, but only 1 card, and itís an enchantment. In some ways, thatís an upside, since it makes it more difficult, or in some cases, impossible to remove. On its own, this still doubles your draws, which is pretty good if you can spare a moment to cast a 4 mana spell that doesnít affect the board. I think this could still be pretty potent.

Spoiler: Quiddle- Swinging Blade
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiddle View Post
    Swinging Blade RB
    Instant - Trap R
    Deal 4 damage to target attacking creature.
    Exile Swinging Blade with 4 time counters on it, it gains suspend.
    You may cast Swinging Blade from exile as long it has a time counter on it, it costs [1] more for each time counter on it.
    I donít really see the black here, since damaging attacking creatures is a white thing. If anything, it could be red and white hybrid, or just white or red. However, this can be a pretty strong way to shut down small and medium-sized attackers, assuming you leave the mana up for it. It does still have some counterplay with swarming a lot of attackers, but it makes attacking really rough in general.

Spoiler: DeTess- Fleeting Inspiration
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by DeTess View Post
    Fleeting Inspiration 2R
    Instant R
    Until end of turn, whenever target player would draw one or more cards, instead they exile that many cards plus one from the top of their deck. They may play cards exiled this way until the end of turn.
    Now this can be a pretty big blowout if your opponent tries to do an end-of-your-turn-draw spell. I like it, but it seems very narrow to me, possibly too much to even be a sideboard card. Being able to use it on yourself helps, but it seems a bit weak to me.

Spoiler: Dr.Gunsforhands- Elesh Norn, Archetype of Maturation
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gunsforhands View Post
    Elesh Norn, Archetype of Maturation - 3WG
    Legendary Creature - Praetor MR
    At the beginning of your upkeep, put a +1/+1 counter on each creature you control with less than 3 +1/+1 counters on it.
    Creatures you don't control can't have +1/+1 counters on them.
    3/5
    I do think your spoilered card would have worked better for the challenge. I wouldnít really count hate cards as reactive, and youíre likely going to be playing Norn for her first ability here. This seems really powerful, if it can survive a turn, and itís definitely a remove-on-sight card. However, itís pretty weak without any buddies to back her up, so maybe itís more of a win-more card.

Spoiler: ben-zayb- Shifting Antechamber
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ben-zayb View Post
    Shifting Antechamber
    Land - Gate R
    ~ enters the battlefield tapped.
    T: Add W or U.
    Whenever a creature attacks you alone, you may pay 2WU. If you do, exile it with ~, then return all other cards exiled with ~ to the battlefield.
    Iím not entirely sure why this is a Gate, flavorwise. That effect is potentially quite powerful on a dual land, since it doesnít even take up a spell slot. Granted, it is narrow, but it can still make attacking pretty tricky for your opponent. I think Iíd be happier if that mana cost was upped a bit, considering the lack of opportunity cost on this land.

Spoiler: Tom the Mime- Magmatic Axe
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom the Mime View Post
    Magmatic Axe 4R
    Instant - U
    If an opponent gained life this turn, ~ costs 3 less if it targets them or planeswalkers they control and cannot be countered.
    ~ deals 5 damage to target player or planeswalker.
    This is a pretty solid sideboard burn spell. The planeswalker side gives it some useful versatility, and being able to cast it for 2 must feel good, especially if you deal more damage than they healed.

Spoiler: Bucky- Adaptive Archmage
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Adaptive Archmage 3RU
    Creature - Human Wizard R
    Whenever an opponent casts a spell, you may exile a card with the same name from a graveyard. If you do, exile that spell unless its controller pays {2}, and Adaptive Archmage deals 3 damage to its controller.
    He's familiar with that trick.
    4/4
    This is a pretty neat card that can become a big headache in a mirror match, though not necessarily in a bad way. Still, itíll definitely make your opponent careful about what they cast, and can create some nice mind games. My only possible concern is that it might slow the game down too much, as both you and your opponent look through each of your graveyards, but this shouldnít be too much of a concern except in a mirror.

Spoiler: And the winner is...
    Show
    mystic1110, with In the Fine Print! Congrats!
    Runners-up: Adaptive Archmage, Fleeting Inspiration

11. - Top - End - #1391
    Dwarf in the Playground

Almost out of the grace period if mystic1110 wanted to give the next challenge :/
    Spoiler: My Homebrew(3.5):
    Show
    All hail the white space, for from it all posts are shaped.
    Hey look, it is the oldest trick in the book!

12. - Top - End - #1392
    Troll in the Playground

Thank you for the win!

Next Challenge: Your card should meet at least two the following criteria
    • Have a one word name;
    • Have at least twenty words of text; or
    • Have at least four words in the Type Line.
    Last edited by mystic1110; 2020-10-19 at 10:29 AM.

13. - Top - End - #1393

ElfMonkGuy

Trilleau the Generous 3WU
    Legendary Creature- Human Noble (R)
    Whenever a nontoken creature enters the battlefield under your control, you may create a 1/1 white Soldier creature token. If you do, target opponent creates a 1/1 white Soldier creature token.
    If you would draw one or more cards, you may instead draw that many cards plus one. If you do, target opponent draws a card.

Spoiler: Old one
    Show
    Lakhar of the Iron Forest 2GG
    Legendary Artifact Creature- Construct Druid (R)
    Whenever you tap an artifact for mana, add G.
    T: Add G.
    2/3
    Last edited by mythmonster2; 2020-10-21 at 01:11 PM.

14. - Top - End - #1394
    Troll in the Playground

@mythmonster2: Challenge is to meet at least two of the criteria. So if you are going for type line prong, you would also need to hit the one word name or the twenty words of text prongs.

15. - Top - End - #1395
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Hubris 2UUBB
    Legendary Creature - Elemental Incarnation R
    All other creatures must attack each turn if able.
    If a creature would deal damage to a player prevent that damage, then that creature's owner mills equal to the damage prevented this way.
    If Hubris would be put into the graveyard from anywhere shuffle it into your library instead.
    6/6

Edit:Hubris is already a card, ill come back to this.

Liliana, the Raven Cursed 3BB
    [Ravens swirl around Liliana, through them the raven man's silhouette is visible.]
    Legendary Planeswalker - Liliana Leshrac MR
    +1: Each player discards a card, for each creature discarded this way create two 1/1 black bird tokens with flying.
    -2: Return up to one target creature card from your graveyard to the top of your library then draw a card.
    -6: Destroy all creatures, each opponent loses 2 life for each creature that died this turn.
    Last edited by Quiddle; 2020-10-20 at 10:38 AM.
    Spoiler: My Homebrew(3.5):
    Show
    All hail the white space, for from it all posts are shaped.
    Hey look, it is the oldest trick in the book!

16. - Top - End - #1396

Flog R
    Legendary Creature - Goblin Coward R
    Haste
    Whenever ~ becomes the target of a spell or ability, he phases out.
    Whenever one or more creatures attacks, tap ~.
    2/1
    "Squee was always the hero. Whenever I saw the army I would just run up a tree or flee, flee, flee.

I always like to read "at least" as "all of".
    Stop using good evidence and logic that makes sense to refute points, that's my job
    Nitpick: I believe you'll find that only our heads explode. Page 43 of Book of Pedantic Forumites, if memory serves.

17. - Top - End - #1397
    Troll in the Playground

That gives me an idea...

Flog - B
    Instant - U
    Target creature gets -1/-1 until end of turn.
    Whenever a creature deals combat damage to you, return Flog from your graveyard to your hand.
    Nexusites, Dorothy.

18. - Top - End - #1398
    Titan in the Playground

Igneterra 1RRBB
    Legendary Creature- Horror Incarnation R
    Whenever a source deals damage to you, that source's controller sacrifices that many permanents.
    Whenever a source deals damage to Igneterra, that source's controller exiles that many permanents they control.
    6/6
    Last edited by Necroticplague; 2020-10-26 at 08:19 AM.

19. - Top - End - #1399
    Troll in the Playground

I'll have judging up tomorrow.

20. - Top - End - #1400
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: mythmonster
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by mythmonster2 View Post
    Trilleau the Generous 3WU
    Legendary Creature- Human Noble (R)
    Whenever a nontoken creature enters the battlefield under your control, you may create a 1/1 white Soldier creature token. If you do, target opponent creates a 1/1 white Soldier creature token.
    If you would draw one or more cards, you may instead draw that many cards plus one. If you do, target opponent draws a card.
    No P/T, but assuming it's reasonable this is a pretty cool friendly card that would be interesting in a multiplayer match. For the missing P/T - I think the draw ability is strong enough that if you stretch I think this could be a 3/4 or 3/5.

Spoiler: Quiddle
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiddle View Post

Liliana, the Raven Cursed 3BB
    [Ravens swirl around Liliana, through them the raven man's silhouette is visible.]
    Legendary Planeswalker - Liliana Leshrac MR
    +1: Each player discards a card, for each creature discarded this way create two 1/1 black bird tokens with flying.
    -2: Return up to one target creature card from your graveyard to the top of your library then draw a card.
    -6: Destroy all creatures, each opponent loses 2 life for each creature that died this turn.
    The plus 1 is pretty strong, since you would presumably be building around and how it interacts with the minus (why doesn't it just return to hand?). I think it is pretty balanced. thematically not sure about current Mtg story to weigh in on this.

Spoiler: Personification
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Personification View Post
    Flog R
    Legendary Creature - Goblin Coward R
    Haste
    Whenever ~ becomes the target of a spell or ability, he phases out.
    Whenever one or more creatures attacks, tap ~.
    2/1
    This seems like a less cowardly norrin the wary! I like it in that it is way more useful and can actually do something other than trigger pandemonium

Spoiler: Dr.Gunsforhands
    Show
    Flog - B
    Instant - U
    Target creature gets -1/-1 until end of turn.
    Whenever a creature deals combat damage to you, return Flog from your graveyard to your hand.
    Only five entries this round and two of them are "Flog" lmao. This card is great simple card that is quite clever and deceptively powerful. It can be quite back breaking - just saving up for the X/1s and definitely get more value than just a 1 for 1.

Spoiler: Necroticplague
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Necroticplague View Post
    Igneterra 1RRBB
    Legendary Creature- Horror Incarnation R
    Whenever a source deals damage to you, that source's controller sacrifices that many permanents.
    Whenever a source deals damage to Igneterra, that source's controller exiles that many permanents they control.
    6/6
    I think incarnations are supposed to be concepts? I think igneterra just means flame earth? Fire Earth? That said, this is very powerful, but still I think balanced in these colors and vulnerable to the usual white and blue answers. No one is going to be blocking this or attacking you till they get rid of this thing

Winner - Flog! But which Flog?

Spoiler: Which Flog Flogged itself into my heart?
    Show
    Dr.Gunsforhands

21. - Top - End - #1401
    Troll in the Playground

Yay!

This week, make a multicolored Incarnation creature! (Incarnations usually have some ability that works from the graveyard, but there are also some that instead can't go to the graveyard at all, so who knows what crazy/better ideas you'll all come up with.)
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2020-10-27 at 08:57 PM.
    Nexusites, Dorothy.

22. - Top - End - #1402
    Titan in the Playground

yeah...name wasn't my best work there. All the names I had originally intended on using (Spite, Vengeance, Revenge, Retribution, Malice) were already taken, so I bashed something together reminiscent of 'scorched earth'.

anyways, onwards!

Creativity 1UURR
    Creature-Incarnation R
    At the end of your turn, if Creativity is in your graveyard, you may pay 1(R/U)(R/U). If you do, sacrifice a permanent. Then, reveal cards from the top of your library until you reveal a card that shares a type with the sacrificed permanent. Put it onto the battlefield under your control, and either put all other revealed cards on the bottom of your library in any order, or shuffle all revealed cards into your library.
    4/4
    Last edited by Necroticplague; 2020-10-28 at 08:28 AM.

23. - Top - End - #1403
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Growth 1UG
    Creature - Incarnation U
    Evolve
    As long as ~ is in your graveyard and you control a forest and an island, creatures you control have evolve.
    2/2
    Being a mime means never having to say you're sorry.

24. - Top - End - #1404
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Warcraft 2WWRR
    Creature - Incarnation R
    During each combat, you choose which creatures attack, which creatures block, and how those creatures block.
    Whenever three or more creatures you control attack or block, shuffle ~ from your graveyard to your library.
    4/4
    Last edited by ben-zayb; 2020-11-04 at 03:45 AM. Reason: Might as well name it similarly to the Boros card
    Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.
    Extended Signature

25. - Top - End - #1405
    Troll in the Playground

Revelation 3UB
    Creature - Incarnation R
    Flying, Deathtouch
    At the beginning of your upkeep, if Revelation is in your graveyard, you may pay 1UB and discard a non-land card. If you do search your library for a card with the same converted mana cost as that card, reveal it, put it into your hand, then shuffle your library
    Somethings were not meant to be known.
    3/3

26. - Top - End - #1406

ElfMonkGuy

Courage 2WR
    Creature- Incarnation (R)
    Whenever a creature you control with power or toughness 1 or less attacks or blocks, it gets +2/+2 until end of turn.
    When Courage dies, you may exile it. If you do, search your library for a card named Courage, reveal it, then shuffle your library and put that card on top of it.
    2/2

Edit: Whoops, thanks for the catch. I'll edit this.
    Last edited by mythmonster2; 2020-10-29 at 11:52 AM.

27. - Top - End - #1407
    Troll in the Playground

multicolored
    Quote Originally Posted by mythmonster2 View Post
    1WW
    *look of concern*
    Nexusites, Dorothy.

28. - Top - End - #1408
    Ogre in the Playground

Consumption 3GB
    Incarnation R
    As long as ~ is in your graveyard, you may play land cards from your graveyard and each land you control gains 't, sacrifice this land: add 2 mana in any combination of colors this land could produce'.
    1/4
    Jasnah avatar by Zea Mays

29. - Top - End - #1409

Existence WUBRG
    Legendary Creature-Incarnation Avatar M
    First strike, flying, menace, haste, trample.
    As long as ~ is in your graveyard, creatures you control have first strike if you control a Plains, flying if you control an Island, menace if you control a Swamp, haste if you control a Mountain, and trample if you control a Forest.
    5/5
    "It looked upon the void for an eternity. Then it turned to its fellows and simply nodded."
    -The Scroll of Beginnings
    I switched swampwalk to menace because they achieve similar purposes and landwalk isn't used anymore.
    Last edited by Personification; 2020-10-28 at 01:52 PM.

30. - Top - End - #1410
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dejection 2UB
    Creature - Incarnation U
    While Dejection is in the graveyard as long as you control a swamp and an island, whenever a player casts a spell they discard a card. If they can't you draw a card.
    Discard a card: Dejection can't be blocked this turn.
    2/3
    Last edited by Quiddle; 2020-10-29 at 09:34 AM.