Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,481 of 1481
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: MTG - You Make The Card VII: Your Custom Planeswalker Card Died in War of the Spa

Thick as Thieves 1B
    Sorcery (U)
    Target black creature you control gets Bands with Other black creatures and or rogues and "at the end of each combat phase if this creature attacked as part of a band create a treasure token for each creature in that band".
    Last edited by mystic1110; 2020-11-25 at 09:18 AM.

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: MTG - You Make The Card VII: Your Custom Planeswalker Card Died in War of the Spa

Quote Originally Posted by Quiddle View Post
    I agree its a little funky but can you explain to me why it doesn't work? Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Comprehensive Rules, Section 301.5c
    An Equipment that’s also a creature can’t equip a creature. An Equipment that loses the subtype “Equipment” can’t equip a creature. An Equipment can’t equip itself. An Equipment that equips an illegal or nonexistent permanent becomes unattached from that permanent but remains on the battlefield. (This is a state-based action. See rule 704.) An Equipment can’t equip more than one creature. If a spell or ability would cause an Equipment to equip more than one creature, the Equipment’s controller chooses which creature it equips.
    Also, even if the rules allowed for it that implementation might be confusing. What if something steals and reequips the equipment, who gets unequipped?

EDIT: Mystic: Bands with other what? If it is anything it is just banding, otherwise, you have to say what is being banded with.
    Last edited by Personification; 2020-11-23 at 08:27 PM.
    Stop using good evidence and logic that makes sense to refute points, that's my job
    Lots of people seem to use blue for sarcasm, I decided I should too
    Quote Originally Posted by nabcif View Post
    Nitpick: I believe you'll find that only our heads explode. Page 43 of Book of Pedantic Forumites, if memory serves.
    I have joined the ranks of the FFRPeople Here is my character.

Thank you to Linkele for creating my avatar!

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Ghost in the Playground

Kobold

Wait, What? (2/S/W)(C/P)(B/R/G)U
    Tribal Sorcery- Arcane Adventure Advisor R (Un)
    Flash, lifelink, conspire, ripple, prowl GW
    You may cast Wait, What? only during the beginning of combat step.
    Whenever you attack with creatures in a band of two or more this turn, if no creature in the band is a color the others aren't, each of those creatures gains rampage X until end of turn, where X is the fourth root of its collector number, then you draw a card.
    Whenever a creature you control in a band of two or more deals combat damage to a player this turn, if the total of the copyright dates on all colorless permanents is prime, you win the game.
    Last edited by Misothene; 2020-11-24 at 01:10 AM.

4. - Top - End - #1474

GnomeWizardGuy

Grandek, Formation Captian 4W
    Creature - Legendary Knight - R
    Knights you control have Bands with Knights.
    Knights you control have first strike
    3/3

5. - Top - End - #1475

Quote Originally Posted by Misothene View Post
    Whenever you attack with creatures in a band of two or more this turn, if no creature in the band is a color the others aren't, each of those creatures gains rampage X until end of turn, where X is the fourth root of its collector number, then you draw a card.
    Whenever a creature you control in a band of two or more deals combat damage to a player this turn, if the total of the copyright dates on all colorless permanents is prime, you win the game.
    Remember, to actually get made Un-cards need to be playable, fun (allegedly) and at least somewhat logically coherent. Also, because it is a sorcery and you can't cast those in combat, it isn't castable.
    Stop using good evidence and logic that makes sense to refute points, that's my job
    Lots of people seem to use blue for sarcasm, I decided I should too
    Quote Originally Posted by nabcif View Post
    Nitpick: I believe you'll find that only our heads explode. Page 43 of Book of Pedantic Forumites, if memory serves.
    I have joined the ranks of the FFRPeople Here is my character.

Thank you to Linkele for creating my avatar!

6. - Top - End - #1476

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Personification View Post
    Remember, to actually get made Un-cards need to be playable, fun (allegedly) and at least somewhat logically coherent. Also, because it is a sorcery and you can't cast those in combat, it isn't castable.
    The card has flash so it can be cast during combat

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Ghost in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Personification View Post
    I appreciate the feedback, and while the card is deliberately quite... outré... it does "work" within the rules, with the only Un-things about it being looking at collector numbers and copyright dates. In that sense, then, it's "playable." The least functional text there is, I think, lifelink.

The thought behind the card was in the name. I thought the most common experience of people seeing Banding on a card was to say "wait, what?" when reading the reminder text, then again a few times when combat actually happens and your opponent says they get to do something or other about your attackers/blockers. My goal was to create that experience as much as possible, and dial it up to 11.

So, beyond that, is it "fun?" There's probably somebody out there that wants something for their banding deck- and piercing the veil of the rules text, it's card draw and rampage (usually between 1 and roughly 5) for a dedicated banding deck, with a one-in-a-billion alternate win con.

I don't really expect this card to win, but I do think it has a coherent theme and it literally has a cognizable effect on the game when it resolves.

8. - Top - End - #1478

ElfMonkGuy

It's been over a week since the challenge.

9. - Top - End - #1479
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Commentary
    Show
    Bucky
    Hidden Reinforcements 2W
    Creature - Human Soldier C
    Flash, Banding
    When Hidden Reinforcements enters the battlefield, you may have it join a band with an attacking or blocking creature you control that isn't already in a band.
    2/2
    Nice. Interesting little combat trick. Probably a bit high for something that's effectively a +2/+2, but there is something to be said for a body that sticks around.

Tom the Mime
    Squee's Three-legged Race R
    Sorcery - U (Un)
    Target goblin gains banding until the end of the turn
    Draw a card
    Not much to say here, but there doesn't have to be. Simple cantrip a la Expidite. Curiously defensive in likely use for a red card, though.

mythmonster2
    Vampiric General 2WB
    Creature- Vampire Soldier (U)
    Banding, Lifelink
    Whenever Vampiric General attacks in a band, defending player loses 1 life for each creature in the band. You gain 1 life for each life lost this way.
    3/3
    Considering the card this is based off is mono-colored and a 3/4, could do with a slightly bigger body. Otherwise, not much to say about this, just a competent way to lifedrain in a certain kind of deck

LaZodiac
    Band of Brothers 4W
    Enchantment (R)
    Creatures you control attack and defend as a Band.
    During combat, you determine how all combat damage is assigned.
    The fact that this isn't "may" makes it seem like they can only have one band total, which makes you really easy to chump block.

Personification
    Get The Band Back Together WR
    [The art depects several older characters from card art in the days when Banding was still being used standing on a stage tuning instruments. The card has an old border.]
    Enchantment R (Un)
    Creatures you control with instruments in their art are Bards in addition to their other types.
    Bards you control have Banding.
    Whenever one or more bands you control attacks, Lute. (You may perform some piece of music. If you do, discard a card, then draw a card.)
    The fact 'lute' (pronounced 'loot') is a rummage effect instead of a loot one strikes me as a missed opportunity, even if the flavor text pokes at it. Otherwise, interesting card advantage source, though I'm not sure how many potential bards there are.

Dr.Gunsforhands
    Deadly Retainer - WB
    Clearly a bodyguard for the well-dressed lady in the background, but armed only with a poisoned dagger.
    Creature - Human Warrior Assassin U
    Banding (Any creatures with banding, and up to one without, can attack in a band. Bands are blocked as a group. If any creatures with banding you control are blocking or being blocked by a creature, you divide that creature's combat damage, not its controller, among any of the creatures it's being blocked by or is blocking.)
    Deathtouch (Any amount of damage this deals to a creature is enough to destroy it.)
    1/3
    Good blocker stats for 2 mana, and has a very good combination of deathtouch+butt for keeping other banders alive while killing the other guy's stuff.

Laughing Dog
    Stubborn Guardian GWB
    Creature- Human Warrior R
    Deathtouch, Defender
    Outlast G (G, T: Put a +1/+1 counter on this creature. Outlast only as a sorcery.)
    ~ may block an additional creature for each +1/+1 Counter upon ~.
    Whenever ~ blocks more than one creature, ~ deals 1 damage to each of those creatures.
    "None shall pass."
    1/1
    This seems...rather absurd as a defender for it's mana cost. Points for having one of the most rattlesnakey cards I could think of, and certainly an interesting way to interact with Banding without saying it directly.

ben-zayb
    Blast Mine 1R
    Artifact U
    Flash
    Sacrifice ~: ~ deals 2 damage to target attacking creature without flying and each creature without flying in a band with it.
    //
    Blasted Warzone
    Land U
    As ~ enters the battlefield, you may have it deal 2 damage to you. If you don't, it enters the battlefield tapped.
    T: Add R.
    Kinda odd to have the two sides do essentially opposing things to each other-one protects you, the other shocks you. Otherwise, decent little device sure to give some aggro decks a bad day. Possible useful in a mirror for the next time Red Deck Wins comes back into being.

Quiddle
    Bands of Devotion 2
    Artifact - Equipment R
    Equip 1
    Bands of Devotion may be equipped to up to two creatures.(If it would become equipped to more than two creature you choose one of the creatures it was previously equipped to to be come unequipped.)
    Whenever equipped creature takes damage divide that damage as you choose among equipped creatures.
    "As long as I live I will be with you."
    In the grand tradition of equipment, seems like it's a bit much investment for it's benefit. The fact the two halves don't have to belong to the same controller leaves for some interesting, if niche uses. Also, seems like it could do something in Enrage decks

mystic1110
    Thick as Thieves 1B
    Sorcery (U)
    Target black creature you control gets Bands with Other black creatures and or rogues and "at the end of each combat phase if this creature attacked as part of a band create a treasure token for each creature in that band".
    Pretty sure that the 'or' is unnecessary. In any place, seems like an interesting, if not particularly effective pseudo-ritual. Probably losing out because if you can cast this, Dark Ritual is a thing that's a lot easier to use.

Misothene
    3. Pretty sure that Adventures have to have an 'other side', which this doesn't appear to have. Unless is would be the first non-Adventure card with the Adventure subtype, which isn't something I'm entirely certain is possible.
    5. Not sure why something that doesn't do damage has lifelink.
    4. How exactly would you add up dates?
    1. Doesn't say which way you should round for the fourth roots.
    Now, as hilariously hypocritical as it may be of me to point out something is pointlessly complex, seems a bit much. Name is incredibly apt, though, I'll give it that.

Spoiler: Winner!
    Show
    Dr.Gunsforhands with Deadly Retainer

10. - Top - End - #1480
    Colossus in the Playground

Just a programming note; do not post the contest here Dr Guns for hands. I'm making the new thread.

Said thread is here.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2020-12-02 at 10:36 PM.

Ray 01 avatar by Pinkhaired August. C U S T O M!
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

11. - Top - End - #1481

GnomeWizardGuy

While I was not expecting to win I don't see anything about the card I made.