Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Give me Your Worst M:tG creatures

I had this idea yesterday: what if there was a deck based around having horrible creatures with crippling upkeep costs or other drawbacks and forcing them under your opponent's control? If this has actually been done, please tell me its name, and if not, please make a post to stat those creatures up. Feel free to post other cards that would fit this deck concept as well.
    Last edited by sengmeng; 2020-05-29 at 05:43 AM.
    My Homebrew (Free to use, don't even bother asking. PM me if you do, though; I'd love to hear stories).

Avatar done by me (It's Durkon redrawn as Salvador from Borderlands 2).

Nod, get treat.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Imp

Default Re: Give me Your Worst M:tG creatures

Abyssal Persecutor is an actual card with an ability "You can't win the game and your opponents can't lose the game."

Hard to get much worse than that for a drawback.
    This is a boring signature.
    EXPLOSIVE RUNES
    EXPLODED RUNES
    PICTURE OF A CAT
    EXPLOSIVE RUNES

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

Borgoss Titan is a pretty good candidate.

4BB

Flying, Trample

As Borgoss Titan enters the battlefield, choose an opponent.

Borgoss Titan gets -4/-4 for each card the chosen player owns thatís in exile.

0: Exile target non-land permanent you control. Any player may activate this ability.

10/10

So basically, whoever controls it is at risk of having the rest of the players exile every one of their non-land permanents.

Spoiler: Borgoss Titan
    Show
    Last edited by Samba Mentality; 2020-05-29 at 01:15 PM.

GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. This is a social experiment.

DEGENERATION 94: Copy this into your sig and subtract 1 from the degeneration when you first see it. This is an antisocial experiment.

Check out my artwork here!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Wow, those are pretty bad. Does anyone know of cards that place creatures under an opponent's control?
    My Homebrew (Free to use, don't even bother asking. PM me if you do, though; I'd love to hear stories).

Avatar done by me (It's Durkon redrawn as Salvador from Borderlands 2).

Nod, get treat.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

It's not creature based but it has been done with the best known ones being at least 20 years old. Trix decks focused on the Illusions of Grandeur/Donate combo, giving you 20 life and putting your opponent on a fast clock while they use up their mana to stall the clock. The reason this works compared to other drawbacks is that donating doesn't give any benefit to your opponent, the drawback is on leaving the battlefield so you can't get around it with sacrifice or destruction and cumulative upkeep eventually triggers force the downside eventually. Compare with Abyssal Persecutor where if you donate it, you're spending 2 cards and 7-8 mana to give your opponent a 6/6 flying trampler, which basically guarantees you losing if they ever draw a means of sacrificing it or destroying it when they want to. Demonic pact is another option you see for gifting plans after a couple of options are chosen because it's a quick clock and enchantments are typically harder to get rid of than creatures. Bronze bombshell can be fun for an exchange instead of a gift though.

There's plenty of gifting/eexchanging options, although some are more reliable than others. These include donate, role reversal, bazaar trader, puca's mischief, daring thief, harmless offering, shifting loyalties, djinn of infinite deceits and probably some I missed.

Also, for Borgoss Titan, with how it's written there's two options. One, whoever activates the ability has to exile a permanent (which is the one that makes sense). Which just mean that, in a 1v1, they have a 10/10 which gets weaker with each card they have in exile (because they're your only opponent), which you can't do anything about directly with this card. Option two, is that the controller has to exile a nonland permanent, which would be spammed before it could be donated and in response to a donate trigger. If you changed it to each other permanent, it's an inefficient board wipe which can wipe once but only stays around to do more if you take out 2 or less permanents. If you changed it to sorcery speed so that you can donate it before they do anything, you can take out at most 3 permanents before it dies which is nothing to write home about for a 2 card combo
    Being a mime means never having to say you're sorry.