New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Anachromerica 1994 - Game Thread

A Texan, a zombie, and a Russian were sitting at separate tables in a bar in a small college town in the land of blue crabs and corn. The Texan had a camera (it was big); he was in town to report on a regatta. The zombie reeked of Burberry Brit; he was hungry. The Russian could speak American like Walter Concrete; at the moment he had no one to speak to. It was 1994ish.

Rules: Risus.

Characters:
    Spoiler: J B Hunt (DoctorFaust)
    Show

Worth Eight Iron Men (4)
    Dangerous(ly Large Amounts of) Money (3)
    Almost A Gentleman (2)
    The Ace of Cads (1)

Spoiler: Alexander the Grateful Dead (gryffydd65)
    Show
    I can fight you with one hand tied behind my back [warrior]3
    Can I give you a hand or any other body part [zombie]2
    Jukebox hero [musician]2
    Battleaxe guitar
    Duck tape
    Men's cologne

Spoiler: Boris (protheuz)
    Show
    KGB 4 - I'm not saying I'm an ex-super agent (Mainly because the KGB doesn't allows it). "My name is Boris" he pauses for a moment and looks the girl deeply in the eyes "just Boris."
    We have vodka! 3 - Gunshot wounds? Knife wounds? Extreme weather? Bah, those are silly american problems. Back in the USSR we had to wrestle bears just to go to school. Weather it and go on. Don't be onre of those sissy capitalists.
    Shinning Russian personality 2 - You know that story about the russian dog. It froze. Ahah. Very Funny.
    Underworld Connections 1 - Trust me, I know someone that knows someone that can help ya with your problem! From the Mafia? nah!! Maybe just a little. But you know, good guys.

Quote Originally Posted by protheuz View Post
    Boris slurps some of his breakfast vodka. He didnt know why, but here, in this place it seemed like the volatile drink was watered down.
    He couldn't complain though. He knew a few people around the area. Good people.

The stench of the Ghoul, that was slowly and pugently spreading, reminded him of the time he went undercover in Berlin. SourKrouty!!!

He looks at the camera man and reminds himself to coin and copyright his old idea of a pole to take self-pictures with the camera. Maybe there would have some future for it in late night TV vending! Ah. He voices loudly "My thoughts are getting stray as a Dog in Ukrania"
    Last edited by Tibbius; 2020-01-02 at 10:50 AM.
    Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
    LISTENING to a VANISHED GOD
    Mythistorical bundle

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Anachromerica 1994 - Game Thread

Alexnder the Greatfull Dead Alexander looked around the room digging inside his tunic for his pouch of coins. Waitress, waitress, my kingdom for a waitress! If I don't eat soon, I might have to find my own meal He looked once more around finding only the vodka drinker and the man with the huge camera. Hmm, pickled or fresh which one would be great to have for dinner.
    Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    bold is speaking, italicized is for thoughts
    Last edited by gryffydd65; 2019-12-27 at 12:33 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground

It was 1994ish, and the big Texan looked as out of place in the land of blue crabs and corn as a cornhusker would've in the Wild Wild West. A camera about the size of the great state of Texas dangles from his neck, and a hat only moderately larger sits on the bar in front of him. He's tanned bronze by the sun with a shock of hair that looks barely tamed by a comb, and sits drinking a mug of whisky. "Barkeep!" he yells as he slams his now-empty mug onto the counter "Another round, and one for the two fine fellows that keep staring at me."
    Main character-ish avatar by Oneris.
    Onyx 5: Volsung. May he live forever.

I have a quote!
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Vale View Post
    You are a sick and twisted man.
    I like you.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

Boris gets up. The move strangely fast, agile and calculated as a spring, despite his size.

With a somber look (that is, a normal and proper russian look) he moves towards the american.

When he gets there he looks the man up and down, and his face almost splits in a big smile.

Loudly he says "You paying me breakfast Vodka? That means I must hear all your stories, kill who you need to kill and become your friend! AHAH"

He looks around at the bar and adds "Name´s Boris. Where's the cursed waiter."
    I suggest a new strategy, R2. Let the Wookiee win.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Alexander the Greatfull Dead Alexander looked around as he saw the bear of a man stand up and make his way to the camera man with his twenty gallon hat. Ah, dinner has come to the same table. Alexander stood up grabbing his guitar case and his ruck sack. Bartender, I need a long island tea, light on the tea, heavy on the booze and two hair of dogs! He grabbed the nearest chair and opened up the case revealing an axe guitar and started to strum.

6. - Top - End - #6

Outside the bar, a pair of motorcycles throb and thunder from the potholed asphalt street into the gravel parking lot. The engines switch off. Boots crunch on gravel. The door of the bar slams open and morning sunlight floods the cigarette stinking room.
    Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
    Mythistorical bundle

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Alexander the Greatfull Dead Alexander stopped strumming and looked toward the doorway. He quickly started picking and started to sing.Come*and knock on our door
    (Come and knock on our door)
    We've been waiting for you
    (We've been waiting for you)
    Where the kisses are hers and hers and his
    Three's company too.

8. - Top - End - #8

Two riders stalk in through the doorway, the spurs jingling at the heels of their knee-high pointy toe gatorskin boots. One of the riders is a burly man with a bushy brown beard and hair, wearing faded and stained blueish-grey denim pants and a similar vest that is opened at the chest to show a black t-shirt marked with a grinning skull. The other is a petite and curvaceous woman with a short blonde ponytail and a bright red bikini showing off her tan.

"How-dy!" says the woman. "Ones could use a d-rink heah."

"Shut the front door!" says the bartender, a wizened old hunchback of a woman. She spits across the bar onto the sticky linoleum floor. "Was ye raised in a darn barn? What will ye have?"

"One bourbon, one scotch, and one beer," laughs the burly man. He scrapes a barstool across the floor to sit. Looking at the Texan, the zombie, and the Russian, he adds, "some new folks in town I guess."
    Mythistorical bundle

9. - Top - End - #9

Boris looks at the newcomers and especially at the woman and thinks - Comunist red is my color.

He looks at both of them, and says now looking at the girl "My name's Boris."

A moment of silence dangles in the air, as if the situation called for it to be finished - Just Boris.

"Not new exactly! Just starting to blend in."

10. - Top - End - #10

"I'm Cyndi Jeanne," says the woman. Resting her left hand on the string at her hip, she bites her lower lip and smiles at Boris as her burly companion turns his attention to the drinks that the bartender sets before him. "He's Bob. We're Angels. Your accent is cute. You sound just like that guy on the news."
    Mythistorical bundle

11. - Top - End - #11

Smooth - thinks Boris. "I've never seen angels dressed in red." he says.

The bear of the man takes a sip at his Vodka and continues "So what's happening around here? Anything fun a newcomer needs to know?"

12. - Top - End - #12

"We like to party," Cyndi Jeanne giggled, "and May Day is tomorrow. Do you know what that means? Buy me a drink and I'll tell you about it."
    Mythistorical bundle

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Alexander starts singing There'sa new kid in town , every body talking about the new kid town. he grins big at the woman, Nice to meet you ma,'am, I'm Alexander. I would love to hear you talk about May Day, but I thought it was April?

14. - Top - End - #14

Boris smiles in his russian way - without moving any facial muscles. Just inside his head.

"A Vodka for the lady!" says Boris to the bartender "Tell me more about that american thing."

15. - Top - End - #15

The bikini clad woman scampers over to the bar, grabs a tall-backed chair, and straddles it backward with her chin on the chairback. The move makes dimples pop in her slightly chubby face. She grins. "I'm no lady" she says. "I told you I'm an Angel. Thank you for the drink. Charity, where's my drink?"

"Coming honey," says the wizened bartender. She shuffles around behind the bar to fill a dirty crystal tumbler, which she hands to Cyndi Jeanne before turning and shuffling back to face Cyndi's companion. "You want another, Bob?" The big burly biker grunts. He's watching the Texan, the zombie, the Russian, and the blonde.

"So - May Day," and a tossing back of the head with the glass to the lips and a gulp. "Damn." She wipes the back of her hand across her plump red lips. Her lipstick matches her bikini, and smudges on the rim of the glass. "All the students at the college strip down and run around all day. In class and everything. People like us join in. All kinds of things get bartered. It's a great way to make friends." Another big grin. "We could be friends. Call me C.J."
    Last edited by Tibbius; 2020-01-03 at 12:05 PM.
    Mythistorical bundle

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Alexander the Greatfull Dead Alexander started to sing once more. No I'm no angel, No I'm no stranger to the dark
    Let me rock your cradle, Let me start a fire with your spark
    Oh come on baby, Come and let me show you my tatoo
    Let me drive you crazy, Come on and love me baby…
    he smiled at bikini clad woman. Although thoughts of hunger still persisted.
    Last edited by gryffydd65; 2020-01-07 at 03:05 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17

"Hey," growls Bob the Biker softly, "you're pretty good with that guitar, man. My buddies have a band, their rhythm guitarist just crashed his car last week and now they need a new guy. Band's called Lovepuppet. Probably if you ain't from here y'ain't heard em. They mostly do covers."

Outside, tires crunch on gravel and a rattly engine continues its noise for a few second before collapsing to silence. A car door slams. The front door opens tentatively, letting in the morning sunlight again. A young man enters, wearing workboots and faded blue bib overalls over a plain white t-shirt. He's muscular and smiles easily at Bob, C.J., and Charity.

"Mornin' Steve," says Charity.

"Morning," says Steve. "You got my coffee? Hey y'all, up early today?"

"Shouldn't you be plowing a row?" laughs C.J.
    Mythistorical bundle

18. - Top - End - #18

Boris nods "We can be friends, you're right" he splits his face in a big grin that quickly fades "And that May-day seems interesting. a nice way to gain some money or at least clear the views."

19. - Top - End - #19

Steve scoffs. "I got no time for that college bound decadence," he says. "I got a redneck cause I work with my shirt on." He momentarily pulls down the fresh tight collar of his t-shirt to show a severe tan line. "Let those cityfolk get sunburnt on their butts."

"Now you know you like to look as much as any man," says C.J. "and I spect I'll see you there tomorrow just same as everybody else. Mike's supposed to hook us up the good rock, and Jim has the leaves... You interested in scoring?" she casually asks of the still-silent JB, the tuneful Alexander, and the grim-faced Boris.
    Mythistorical bundle

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

AlexanderAlexander looks up with a **** eating grin, Sure, I would love to play with these groovy cats and spend the day ogling some summer flesh, just need a place to rest my weary bones.

21. - Top - End - #21

((It's morning in the college town, where did you all spend last night? There's a rundown motel right across the street from the Bluebird Tavern where you're drinking breakfast, would that be about right? Do any of you have vehicles, and if so, what kind?

Btw, the college campus is just down the street from the bar.))
    Mythistorical bundle

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: note
    Show
    I know it's morning, Alexander just want to know if after the show, there was a place to rest.

Alexander gets up and walks over to the bar.Can I get a bite? Miss.

23. - Top - End - #23

Charity the elderly bartender sniffs, inhales more deeply, coughs, and sighs. "That's some powerful cologne, sir." She pushes a laminated sheet of paper across the bar. It lists typical breakfast foods including bacon, sausage, scrapple, and eggs as well as toast and pancakes. "Take your pick. I'll fire up the grill." She heads toward the kitchen door at the back end of the bar, alternately stepping and pivoting as if she has a bad hip.

"I'll have two scrambled with hash!" yells biker Bob at Charity's retreating back. "Please!"

C.J. sighs and rolls her eyes. "You don't say much," she says with an exasperated tone as she stares at the Texan's squinty blue eyes. "What's on your mind?"
    Mythistorical bundle

24. - Top - End - #24

Spoiler: Questions
    Show
    1. Are your characters new to town or do they already know their way around?
    a. If new (i.e. JB and Boris), why are you here?
    b. If familiar (maybe Alexander), what do you want to do today? Give the general idea and I'll fill in the details.

2. Do your characters have any friends or enemies in town? Who are those?

3. Do your characters have any family in town? Are they friends or enemies?
    Mythistorical bundle

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tibbius View Post
    Spoiler: Questions
    Show
    1. Are your characters new to town or do they already know their way around?
    a. If new (i.e. JB and Boris), why are you here?
    b. If familiar (maybe Alexander), what do you want to do today? Give the general idea and I'll fill in the details.
    Familiar with the town, but not with this side. Of town and the May Day celebration.
    2. Do your characters have any friends or enemies in town? Who are those? Recently divorced, no children, my ex wife's boyfriend is an a hole. Left my last band, Alexander's Ragtime Band when the lead singer left with my wife. Not her present boyfriend.

3. Do your characters have any family in town? Are they friends or enemies?
    no family.

26. - Top - End - #26

"Well," says Bob as he gently puts his shotglass down on the bar, "can't spend all day in here." He wipes the back of his hairy hand across his bushy-bearded lips. "C'mon C.J."

"ok," replies the buxom bikini blonde. As she stands she casually pulls her wedgie. "Let's go. See ya Steve. Alex. Boris. You guy," she adds with a laugh at the big-camera'd Texan.

What are you going to do for the rest of the day?
    Mythistorical bundle

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Alexander orders all meat, medium rare, bacon, sausage, ham and steak. He leaves the bar and heads towards the college to get a great view of the place and to see if he can make a few bucks busking.

28. - Top - End - #28

Spoiler: Posting rates?
    Show
    Other than me, only gryffydd65 has posted in the last ten days. Is anyone else still interested?
    Mythistorical bundle

29. - Top - End - #29

Sorry this wasn't more interesting to the group. Signing off this one now.
    Mythistorical bundle