New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Adventurers Amongst the Stars IC

Is that so?

She takes a few steps closer to Pixel.

Well then Pixel. The way I see it you just stole a prize from me. Destroying his ship was enough to drive that infernal coward into retreat before I could claim his head.

She grinned.

And so, until the day when you help me claim a trophy from his corpse, you'll be accompanying me as part of the Empyrea's crew. Whether you like it or not.
    The attempted return!

Nexus Character: Ary

Quote Originally Posted by Bookboy View Post
    Well, I was counting on you for someone. If you don't have a spare character, I start to get worried.
    Here're a bunch of old avatars made for me
    Spoiler
    Show

Sig space limited so credits to the creators of my avatars

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ettin in the Playground

"I will also join you. For this mission. And what comes next. A storm is brewing, and this is the first step. I would see that it be guided."
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

Tager frowned as Calla tried to force the, err, fairy lady(?) into her service. Tager wasn't going to stand for any attempt to enslave another sapient being. That she was, as far as he was concerned, the hero of this battle and also oh yeah John's friend only compounded the fact.

He took a step forward. He didn't draw his hammer back out, although as always it floated along behind him like a ready squire, or re-engage his helmet, although the rest of his armor was still in its normal form, the moonmetal blending shine and shadow. He planted himself squarely between Pixel and Calla, his stance ready but non-aggressive. He had no desire to bring further conflict to this asteroid, but he wasn't going to just stand by either.

"So...you're trying to force someone to work on your spaceship, bare minutes after she sabotaged an enemy spaceship to explode from within?" he asked with a certain dark amusement. "I'll grant, I'm no astronaut, but to me that seems...unwise."

"That being said, as I recall we all came here for the same reason before we were so rudely interrupted. Perhaps we should return to the meeting, finish getting the details of this mission, and we can all work together on that."
    If he were honest, after what he had just seen, Tager would just as soon never see the pirate again, and certainly wasn't looking forward to splitting a share of the earnings with her. Flip side, well, after what he had just seen, it probably wouldn't hurt to keep an eye on her.
    A role playing game is three things. It is an interactive story, a game of chance, and a process in critical thinking.

If brevity is the soul of wit, I'm witty like a vampire!

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

The massive multimedia machine has been romanticizing the pirate life for ages; so Pixel naturally assumes that it will be great fun full of adventures, romance, friendship, excitement, and teamwork with lovable characters that have endearing quirks. Impromptu song and dance numbers that are impeccably choreographed are probably a bit too much to hope for, but you never know.

So the invitation to join a pirate crew is inciting to say the least "I suppose I could tag along, as long as I get to keep my ship."
    "Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life-forms to monitor their ongoing decay." - Thunderclese

5. - Top - End - #95

Calla glared at Tager as he stepped between her and Pixel, though when she gave her answer said glare shifted into a smirk.

You should let people make their own decisions, Kid.

She looked past him back to Pixel

Welcome to the crew, Pixel. You can of course keep your ship, though i’m sure you’d be more comfortable onboard the Empyrea herself. We’ll work something out.

And with that she turned and started heading back to the bar.
    The attempted return!

Well, I was counting on you for someone. If you don't have a spare character, I start to get worried.
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

Tager only raised an eyebrow. The advice was mildly amusing coming from the one who had used the words 'whether you like it or not', but as long as the pirate wasn't going to try to force Pixel into something, he felt no particular need to continue the discussion.
    A role playing game is three things. It is an interactive story, a game of chance, and a process in critical thinking.

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

Arriving back at the bar the place was surprisingly relatively untouched, the barman casually back at his station and cleaning out a glass, seemingly unconcerned by the trio of pirates that were lying unconscious and twitching on the floor. "Didn't expect to see you again." It said electronically "I take it you want to finish your business with...?" It finished tilting its head towards the door in the back, smoke hissing out of joint in its neck.

Punching the code back in to the door he led them back in to the cellar and then headed back up the stairs to his position at the bar once they were obviously going towards the conference room.

The first person trying to enter was greeted by a bolt narrowly missing them and embedding itself the door "I'm armed!" the voice of their hooded contact shrieked "Oh it's only you..."

Seeing the danger had passed she quickly regained her composure and holstered her holdout pistol, taking her seat again. "I take it that the...situation has been resolved?"

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

"Yeah. More-or-less," Tager said. The danger was passed, anyway. He returned to his seat. "So, is there anything else we need to know regarding this mission?"

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

Pixel returns to her unfinished drink.
    "Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life-forms to monitor their ongoing decay." - Thunderclese

10. - Top - End - #100

I guess you could call it resolved. Karkanos got away, but I guess losing his flagship was good enough.

She leaned over the back of her seat.

Malachord Mining World 7. Look into the alleged precursor tech. That about cover it? Anything for us on the locals? You mentioned civil unrest and rebels. Anything we can use to our advantage?
    The attempted return!

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

"That about sums it up." The woman nodded to Calla "I believe all that information is covered in the datadrive I gave to your associate. As for the locals..."

She gestured to the centre of the table and the projector flickered back in to life showing recent news footage of a clash between two opposing sides composed of large squat and stocky rock creatures, some wearing strange looking metal backpacks.

"For those of you not absorbing the Newscasts these are the Malachords, if you can't tell by looking their biology is entirely mineral based, they survive by consuming vast quantities of ore which makes them natural fits for the mining industry. This also means that their strong and highly physically resistant, if that wasn't enough evolution saw fit to gift them with the ability to project unstable energy from their mouths."

As if on cue the image on the table shuddered violently and faded to static as a stray blast from one of the Malchords struck whatever had been recording the situation.

"If the rebels have decided to renege on their half of the bargain with my employer then that is what you'll likely be up against."
    Last edited by Dodgeson; 2019-08-07 at 03:44 AM.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Troll in the Playground

John sat out the little altercation, but was ready to have Pixel and/or Tager’s back if necessary. Truth be told, John didn’t know what to make of Calla except that she was also a pirate. Krakanos was a pirate too, and look what kind of things he was getting up to. But Pixel wasn’t stupid and she could handle herself. She could go wherever she wanted to go. John was just glad that nobody (innocent) died and they could all get back to business.

He grabbed up his previously abandoned drink and took a sip as he watched the footage from the projector.

“Good to know.”

“I’ll store that for later,” Cortana said as she filed away the footage somewhere in John’s brain.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

Pixel finished her drink and get up. "Well I think we are ready to get started."

As she leaves the backroom of the bar she sees what the bouncer did to the poor holographic window. To the bartender "Oh no, somebody damaged you window, let me take care of that."

Pixel pulls a large (retaliative to her at least) tube off her back onto her shoulder and presses a few buttons on it. A stream of nano-machines flow forth from the device and start effecting repairs on the window.

After the physical damage is repaired she clears the video loop she uploaded to it earlier from the memory and sets it back to what it used to display before turning it back on again.

"There, good as new."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Nano-Forge: Regeneration 15, Persistent, Affects Others Only, Affects Objects Only, Concentration, Activation (Standard), Easily Removable, Quirk (Only affects rank 5 mass/volume at any given time).

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

Tager nodded, standing up and following along. He smiled a little as Pixel repaired the window.

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

15. - Top - End - #105

Calla followed along behind Tager

Now, Travel. I assume we all have our own methods of getting where we need to be, but, if we’re going to be working together then we should travel together. Empyrea has room enough for everyone.

She stopped to watch Pixel fix the holographic window.

Well now, that’s quite the talent you’ve got there.
    Last edited by metakirb; 2019-08-17 at 01:42 PM.
    The attempted return!

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

"This" Pixel points to her Nano-Forge Projector "It's just a little widget I put together because it was easier then fixing something."

She leaves the bar and downloads into her drone.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ettin in the Playground

"Would you show us to your vessel, Captain? There are words that need be said, but not here."
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Troll in the Playground

"I saw it... looks like a Peacekeeper ship." John commented as everyone one by one decided to hitch a ride on the pirate's ship. And it wasn't lost on John that they just got finished fighting pirates either.

"Sorry to break up the groove, but I'll take my own car."
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #109

Calla grinned at John’s comment.

It was a peacekeeper ship. A long time ago.

She adjusted her hat and stood proudly.

You’re looking at the flagship of the most feared pirates in the known universe. The top of the line experimental planet buster Empyrea, taken by force by yours truly. You got a problem with peacekeepers then kicking up your feet on my ship is a good start.
    The attempted return!

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

Pixel flies her drone up to her ship and preps to fly it over to Empyrea's shuttle bay.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

With the Junction still in disarray it would be easy for the motley crew of adventurers to slip away, whether they were leaving on the Empyrea or had decided to take their own transport. However they chose to leave they would all be in for a long voyage across the spaceways until eventually Malachord Mining World 7 came in sight, a once green and lush planet with swirling purple oceans now marred by the angry scars of rampant industrial mining on a planetwide scale and the collateral damage of a civil war between a race of energy spewing giants.

Now of course they had a decision to make, with the coordinates that they'd been given when they were hired it would be easy to land at the nearest secure spaceport and make their way in to the jungle towards their target or attempt to find somewhere more secluded that they could land away from prying eyes and try to make it from there.

22. - Top - End - #112

So, we gonna vote on this? Empyrea docking in a spaceport will definitely draw some attention, though it’d Definitely be easier to get supplies for the rest of the task at hand.
    The attempted return!

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ettin in the Playground

"I see... fire and destruction. If we land at the port, the Empyrea, as a pirate vessel, will be attacked. It would be safest to find an alternative docking port."

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

"I think I can put something together to help us land discreetly."
    Last edited by Izzarra; 2019-09-09 at 09:14 PM.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

Tager rode along on the Empyrea. Admittedly, it was kinda primarily to make sure that Calla didn't try to force Pixel into anything again, but he elected not to mention that. And it wasn't like he minded being on an actual ship. The space-travel functionality his sister had helped him program into his moonmetal armor was perfectly safe and functional, but he could admit it was just a tiny bit nerve-wracking to go flying through space at superluminal speeds with nothing but a suit of mail between you and the Void.

Although granted, he wouldn't exactly say he was thrilled to be riding aboard "the flagship of the most feared pirates in the known univer-"

Did she say planet-buster!?

Ahem.

Tager tried not to appear like a gawking tourist as they began approaching their destination, but the astute might note that he positioned himself at the most convenient location for looking down on their destination. This would, after all, be the first actual planet he had ever set foot on, other than his own. It was kinda exciting.

Naturally, it couldn't be easy.

"I expect we'll find enough trouble without actively drawing it upon ourselves," he said. "A more secluded landing would probably be best. We can always travel to a city ourselves if we need supplies."

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

26. - Top - End - #116
    Troll in the Playground

John wound up flying on the Empyrea. Despite his reservations (and ability to achieve interstellar travel without an actual ship), it sure was nice to kick back without a helmet and relax. John worked on recording notes from his ongoing adventures. It was a mix of action serial and scientific paper. Hopefully one day someone from Earth would read these and learn about the wider universe. The pirate attack on Lombard Junction was detailed, as well as the new types of aliens he encountered today. The Empyrea was there also, and everything he had learned about the planet to which they were traveling.

On board the ship, John had traveled in what appeared to be plain clothes, but was really just another configuration of his suit.

Once they were there and the lizard told them about a battle at the port, John perked up. He walked towards the viewport and looked down on the world below. The damage of war and industry on a planet-wide scale. It was horrific.

“Well, I’m workin’ with wormholes here. I can get in and out of that spaceport real quick to check it out. Less likely they’re gonna notice me than a Peacekeeper ship.”
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #117

So, general vote is elsewhere. Unless your idea can help, Pixel?
    The attempted return!

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

"It should let us land elsewhere without being tracked by orbital flight control, unless they have somebody looking our a window with a telescope. Although if you really wanted to go and try to land right in the middle of the starport ... I might be able to go in and make some adjustments to your ships registration info, make it look like a normal peacekeeper ship on paper. It would be up to your crew to act the part though."

29. - Top - End - #119

You think these guys can pretend to be Peacekeepers?

Calla laughed.

We’ll set down in the jungle. It’ll be easier to escape from if things don’t work out so well too.
    The attempted return!

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

"Alright then I will get to work on the widget."

After the meeting Pixel goes to her workshop and begins building the power amplifier.