A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Banned

Default Re: Beyond the City of Thieves OOC

... and I did. But honestly, I'm just making zero god damned progress on this thing. I'm just battered constantly by lack of sleep, and work, and the demands of a (frankly angelic) baby that requires my attention. I want to, but my creative urge seems to have drained out to a pathetic trickle.

I'm sure it'll get better - I'm just not sure when.

2. - Top - End - #572
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptin Keen View Post
    a (frankly angelic) baby
    Whaaaaaaat... Where did you get it?! Did you steal it from somebody? Why is it people never tell me anything and I'm the last one knows what's going on grumble grumble...

Congratulations to the parents : )
    'Jernau Gurgeh', the machine said, making a sighing noise, 'a guilty system recognises no innocents. The very way you think places you amongst its enemies. Prevarication will be more difficult than you might imagine; neutrality is probably impossible. You cannot choose not to have the politics you do; they are not some separate set of entities somehow detachable from the rest of your being; they are a function of your existence. I know that and they know that; you had better accept it.'

3. - Top - End - #573
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingTheShade View Post
    Whaaaaaaat... Where did you get it?! Did you steal it from somebody? Why is it people never tell me anything and I'm the last one knows what's going on grumble grumble...

Congratulations to the parents : )
    ... wait - did I not say? I feel surely I must have said .. something, at some point.

Ok, the story in brief: October of last year we succesfully cooperated with the cloning factory to produce humanlike offspring in the cold steel and gleaming plastic vats of the repopulation centre (no, not really - we just had a bit of help at the fertility clinic).

On the 2nd of july of this year, our tiny human Anton saw the light of day. He remains tiny, yet decreasingly so, and is exceedingly cute and lovable. Also a daily nuisance. He has this thing he does where he is hungry, and wants to be fed, then refuses and wails like a whipped dog almost immediately after being .. you know, 'at the table' so to speak.

And he seems to feel eating is best done at night, so sleep is ... a sort of sweet, distant memory, like a childhood dream or drug induced phantasm.

I confess it is having some effect on me. I like to imagine myself an unassailable rock, an immovable object to the unstoppable force of the universe. Seems it takes a mere toddler to shatter that imagery, however enjoyable it was while it lasted.

Also, thanks =)

4. - Top - End - #574
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptin Keen View Post
    ... wait - did I not say? I feel surely I must have said .. something, at some point.
    Maybe you did and my memory is poop? Wouldn't be suprised. Everyone around me is using those clone vats, I can't keep track anymore...

And he seems to feel eating is best done at night, so sleep is ... a sort of sweet, distant memory, like a childhood dream or drug induced phantasm.

I confess it is having some effect on me. I like to imagine myself an unassailable rock, an immovable object to the unstoppable force of the universe. Seems it takes a mere toddler to shatter that imagery, however enjoyable it was while it lasted.
    Yeah, that's the good part about your friends having babies: Unless you're stupid enough to invite them for a sleepover, you can have only the good parts. I actually fed one of those wrinkled pink piglets some time ago, and it's actually pretty fun, given that you don't need to be responsible for the end fate of that food.

Anyways, I'm pretty busy too, so I don't see myself running a game right now. But our dear Supreme Leader President of France is coming on TV again tonight, so we might get under lockdown again, which in turn may help free some time.
    'Jernau Gurgeh', the machine said, making a sighing noise, 'a guilty system recognises no innocents. The very way you think places you amongst its enemies. Prevarication will be more difficult than you might imagine; neutrality is probably impossible. You cannot choose not to have the politics you do; they are not some separate set of entities somehow detachable from the rest of your being; they are a function of your existence. I know that and they know that; you had better accept it.'

5. - Top - End - #575
    Banned

We only got a sample last time - but you are an excellent GM, so I can only .. oh, I dunno, would it be selfish to actually wish for a quarantine in France? Eh, conscience. So inconvenient =(

6. - Top - End - #576
    Ogre in the Playground

Thanks for the encouragement, this is exactly how to convince me : )

I could run the same ongoing campaign I started in 2012 for my live group. It was 3.5 but, I'd use Pathfinder now, even though I'm not very picky. Maybe I'll run it 5e to keep things smooth. It was mostly classic low-fantasy sword and sorcery, with a main plot, but not too much railroading.

Another campaign I played for a few months with another live group, but we had to stop because of real life stuff (people moving away, etc.) It was 5e, I could relaunch it without too much hassle. Bronze age hex map based exploration.

Then I have an "experimental" idea, but this one would need some more work, since I never ran it. I'd probably need to come up with my own Powered by the Apocalypse subsystem, but I've been told it's quite easy to do. It would start as high fantasy in a (loosely) norse mythology based world.

7. - Top - End - #577
    Banned

Hey - I'll jump on anything you conjure up. I'd like to do a Raise Dead on Salazar, my priest of being clever and lucky, but if you do a norse-ish campaign, I have Ragnar Skulke all ready in concept. He's a priest of Loki, so ... in certain limited ways he's similar to Salazar.

Actually, the backstory for Ragnar is funny. I just rolled up a Loki priest. The GM then had him stumble on an exquisite mount, sword and cloak, which he promptly 'appropriated'. Change scene to a group of hardy warriors who recognise the cloak and mount and sword as belonging to the mighty Chieftain Torkild, whom they've been sent to meet. Queue endless troubles keeping up the pretense of being a renowned warrior, for a guy who's actually a thoroughly devout coward.

8. - Top - End - #578
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, if you did saya something, it was in an obscure enough way that we did not pick it up. In any case, congratulations! Also, you got what you wanted, now you gotta run with it

If I may, Id rather not continue with 5e. It didnt work very well for me. That said, any of the proposals would work.

If you mean to do a PbtA game, you should probably start by looking up what others have done and tweak from there. As you said, its really easy, and people post their takes online.
    For example, you could do worse than start from here for a Norse themed game.
    My day job is killing me. But I will rise again, more powerful than ever!

PbP: Sky Captain (IC|OOC) - The Warlock of Monte Cristo (IC|OOC)
    Homebrew|Avatar by Ceika

9. - Top - End - #579
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by iTookUrNick View Post
    If I may, Id rather not continue with 5e. It didnt work very well for me. That said, any of the proposals would work.
    Understood.

If you mean to do a PbtA game, you should probably start by looking up what others have done and tweak from there. As you said, its really easy, and people post their takes online.
    For example, you could do worse than start from here for a Norse themed game.
    Yeah, well, I didn't elaborate enough. I have pretty strong idea of what I want to do, and it's more High Fantasy with some background elements of Norse mythology, but not much if anything to do with historical Norse society. So, no vikings, nor drakars, but fighter, rogue, wizard and priests of the Norse pantheon.

10. - Top - End - #580
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hey folks, I'm back. I can't offer any great excuse for my absence. As I'm sure is quite clear by now, I've had long-time struggles with procrastination, and that, combined with a bit of burn-out and a few other irl things led to me ghosting for the last while. It's not bad if I can keep to a consistent schedule, but as soon as I break it once, a day or two quickly becomes a week, two, etc.

But I am interested in continuing this campaign if the three of you are still on board (and apologies if my return throws a wrench in your plans :)). I'll have a post up in the IC today either way.

If you do decide to continue, I wouldn't mind some input on how you'd like to proceed once we finish with this battle. Any interest in trekking out to Zanbar Bone's tower? If not, I was thinking of having, say, a month or so of down time (in game) transitioning into the next chapter. Do you want to keep things in Port Blacksand? Or would you prefer a change in scenery?

Anyway, I hope everyone's doing alright :).

Edit: If you're busy with other things/games, no worries!
    Last edited by Woggle; 2020-12-10 at 12:06 PM.
    Spoiler: Games
    Show
    GMing: City of Thieves (IC|OOC)
    PbP: Bobin (IC|OOC)

11. - Top - End - #581
    Ogre in the Playground

I have the same issues, so I entirely understand and can even offer some compassion. It's good that you're back, because I had burnt out just trying to figure out a plan for running a game.

I'm in!

Keen got banned? How do you even get banned from here? Are we moving to Discord?

12. - Top - End - #582
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingTheShade View Post
    I have the same issues, so I entirely understand and can even offer some compassion. It's good that you're back, because I had burnt out just trying to figure out a plan for running a game.

I'm in!

Keen got banned? How do you even get banned from here? Are we moving to Discord?
    I think I saw you on the Discord already, but just in case, yes, we've moved to the Discord.

Also, I appreciate the sentiment ; it's kind of you to say so.
    Spoiler: Games
    Show
    GMing: City of Thieves (IC|OOC)
    PbP: Bobin (IC|OOC)