Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Beyond the City of Thieves OOC

Quote Originally Posted by iTookUrNick View Post
    “Well, it could be worse, I suppose.” says Cèsar, dubious.
    This got me chuckling. Until now, César didn't strike me as the "glass half-full" kind of guy : D
    'Jernau Gurgeh', the machine said, making a sighing noise, 'a guilty system recognises no innocents. … The very way you think places you amongst its enemies. … Prevarication will be more difficult than you might imagine; neutrality is probably impossible. You cannot choose not to have the politics you do; they are not some separate set of entities somehow detachable from the rest of your being; they are a function of your existence. I know that and they know that; you had better accept it.'

2. - Top - End - #482
    Bugbear in the Playground

I won't be able to get a post up tonight. I should have one up tomorrow morning.
    Spoiler: Games
    Show
    GMing: City of Thieves (IC|OOC)
    PbP: Bobin (IC|OOC)

3. - Top - End - #483
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd rather have a commitment from the werecrow, but lacking that, I guess we'll tip the hag to gtfo of the city, then we'll tip the hunters the hag's been tipped. Two birds one stone.
    'Jernau Gurgeh', the machine said, making a sighing noise, 'a guilty system recognises no innocents. … The very way you think places you amongst its enemies. … Prevarication will be more difficult than you might imagine; neutrality is probably impossible. You cannot choose not to have the politics you do; they are not some separate set of entities somehow detachable from the rest of your being; they are a function of your existence. I know that and they know that; you had better accept it.'

4. - Top - End - #484
    Ogre in the Playground

Very devious!
    My day job is killing me. But I will rise again, more powerful than ever!

PbP: Sky Captain (IC|OOC) - The Warlock of Monte Cristo (IC|OOC)
    Homebrew|Avatar by Ceika

5. - Top - End - #485

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptin Keen View Post
    I've used Rage once, so currently I'm a-ok. I'm thinking tradition demands Borgrim leaps in through the window - splintering the hopefully insubstantial shutters in the process - is that possible, and might I even get a DC estimate? As in, how doable does Borgrim think this is?

Of course, if the others insist on a more stealthy approach, I guess we can do that. *sigh*
    The jump itself is not far enough to require a roll, and the shutters don't look robust enough to withstand a Borgrim-sized projectile leaping through them. Landing tiger-like on the other side (and avoiding tripping on the window sill or something) I'll set at a DC 12 Strength (Athletics) check. A failure will result in Borgrim making it through the window, but ending up prone.
    Show

6. - Top - End - #486
    Firbolg in the Playground

So .. if we go ahead with that plan, I'll post to that effect in the IC. I'll give César the chance to object though. And then I'll work out some way to take prisoners with a greatsword.

7. - Top - End - #487

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptin Keen View Post
    So .. if we go ahead with that plan, I'll post to that effect in the IC. I'll give César the chance to object though. And then I'll work out some way to take prisoners with a greatsword.
    If Borgrim sticks the landing, I might (read: will certainly) give him a chance to make a fabled Strength (Intimidation) check .
    Show

8. - Top - End - #488

Quote Originally Posted by Woggle View Post
    If Borgrim sticks the landing, I might (read: will certainly) give him a chance to make a fabled Strength (Intimidation) check .
    The Unicorn of ability checks - yay =)

9. - Top - End - #489
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm pretty happy with the Plan.

1. Shock and awe will do wonders for our rep,
    2. Once a Borgrim-sized projectile has taken care of those shutters, Rosa can follow in without ruffling her pretty cloak.

Regarding the capture-with-a-greatsword part of the plan, the rules are pretty nice to us: Whenever you drop someone to 0 in melee, whatever your weapon, you can decide you put them to temporary sleep rather than very-long-term-and-probably-terminal sleep.

10. - Top - End - #490

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingTheShade View Post
    ... you can decide you put them to temporary sleep rather than very-long-term-and-probably-terminal sleep.
    Frankly, I'm disappointed. The whole charging in, Rage, GRAAHHH, the honed edge of Hastings the named greatsword carving a giant, razor arch of death .. then, *bop - asleep*. It just doesn't feel right.

11. - Top - End - #491
    Ogre in the Playground

When you think of it, managing to fall asleep with deep bleeding gashes, huge bruises and broken bones usually supposes a pretty specific kind of sleep that can't be caused by singing lullabies. Moreover, dead is pretty terminal, whereas unconscious and bleeding leaves the door open to more violence.

12. - Top - End - #492

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingTheShade View Post
    When you think of it, managing to fall asleep with deep bleeding gashes, huge bruises and broken bones usually supposes a pretty specific kind of sleep that can't be caused by singing lullabies. Moreover, dead is pretty terminal, whereas unconscious and bleeding leaves the door open to more violence.
    Or as we like to call it in the barbarian business: Return customers =)