Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Results 241 to 270 of 358
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2017

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    Seeing that the other two have already responded, Constance decides not to send back a message as well. She is still thinking to what Dr Mime showed. Was the "virus" contagious? What was it? And what exactly had these girls gotten themselves into...

  2. - Top - End - #242
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RedKnightGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2016

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    As you wait for a reply, the Skiddo on the ground stirs. You can see that the Mime cut him real deep in his chest with his psychic scalpel. The poor pokemon moans in pain and tries to move his legs, but they only bend weakly. He gives up after a while and lays his head back down. There is a good deal of blood pooling around him. The good news is, the Doctor seems to have left behind a bandage nearby, likely something he was intending to patch him up with before he ran off.

    Assuming you head back...

    It takes about fifteen more minutes of walking to return to Mia's ranch. You emerge from the trees onto the road near the building not far from the front entrance. Mia sticks her head out and waves at you as you approach. She looks a relieved to see you safe. "Well that was an adventure, wasn't it? How did you training go? What did you need to tell me?"

    Spoiler: Med Edu 6
    Show
    The cut is nothing if not super clean, as if done by a very sharp knife. If the wound is closed, it should heal pretty well.
    Spoiler: Med Edu 12
    Show
    It looks as though a bit of flesh was removed from the Skiddo. Probably not vital, but it may have been whatever part of the pokemon was infected.

  3. - Top - End - #243
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    Margret grimaced. Your Tauros are spooked. They and other Pokemon I've connected with sense something deeply wrong with the environment here. You've also got a Mr. Mime playing doctor without a diploma and some weird virus thing infecting pokemon.

    Just to be sure, this isn't like a training challenge or anything right? Because if this is a mystery for us to solve to prove we're worthy trainers, then sure, but if something is truly up then I figured you all should know about it.
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

    Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

    Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

    World at War (PTA) as Francis May

    GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

  4. - Top - End - #244
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Dr.Gunsforhands's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    Ajax nods to corroborate Margaret's explanation. "Got some pictures," she says as she pulls up the corrupted photos on her archcamera's viewfinder. "Managed to get it out of the skiddo, but whatever it is doesn't show up right in photographs. Know about anything like that?"

    For the time being, she purposefully avoids mentioning that she caught the thing herself. If she did, then Mia might ask to see it directly, and the thought of letting it out to show her gives Ajax a sinking feeling.
    Mina, Lynera, Ajax, Vena.
    Avatar by the Ninja Chocobo.

  5. - Top - End - #245
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2017

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    Seeing the bandage Dr Mime left behind, Constance tries her best to wrap the wound left by the process. She checks over her work and hopes the little guy will be ok. If the Skiddo wants to follow them back to Mia, Constance will help guide it there. She does her best either way to calm the poor thing and let it know everything will be better now.
    Well... at least I hope it will be, Constance thinks to herself.

    Constance was quite silent on the way back to the ranch. The activities of the day were clearly weighing on her. Tru was badly hurt from the battle, she led a trusting Skiddo into surgery with a strange Mme doctor. She helped contain some mysterious essence that was riped out of a Pokemon. She had pictured fun times in her head, a grand adventure and a new life. So far it was shaping up to be something out a of scary book. Constance was starting to understand Charlotte a bit more - camp wasn't just for fun and games.

    After Ajax and Margret explain what happened, Constance adds in the encounter with the Murkrow before they even made it to camp.

    This isn't our first encounter with these strange Pokemon, either. We ran afoul of an odd Murkrow on the way here, and it seems to be able to use metronome the same as the poor skiddo and whatever that thing was that Dr Mime ripped out.
    The Pokemon seem to know what these things are, or at least know enough to be afriad. I have never heard of anything like this before. It is like somoething out the rumor files from the war....


    Spoiler
    Show

    Med Roll to Bandage (3d6)[9]
    Poke Ed (POke Psycologist) to calm the Skiddo (4d6)[11]
    Perception to see how Mia reacts to all of this (4d6)[16]


  6. - Top - End - #246
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RedKnightGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2016

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    Mia listens to your tale as the three of you tell it, apparently shocked. She looks oddly at Margaret when she describes her experience She picks up the bandaged and timid Skiddo."Well this is certainly not a test or a planned part of the camp. You've done the right thing by telling me I've known about some strange things happening lately but nothing like that. All the orphaned pokemon at the daycare was strange enough. Most everyone is busy seeing too the Little Cup, but I know the counselors would want to hear about this. Save those pictures! Don't worry, we'll take care of everything!"

    "Anyways, I'm going to run this little guy to the pokemon center. We found him in the woods like many of the others at the daycare, but we could tell he wasn't feeling well. Normal procedures didn't really work on him. You should get your pokemon looked at. Unless you got really hurt, it shouldn't take long. Then it's off to the Park! They have a lot of room for battling out there and some non campers have come to watch."


    Spoiler: Ooc
    Show
    If you hadn't already, you can still do your move training with Mia. Other wise, healing is a simple affair and won't be much of a slow down. I didn't mean to go on that tangent for as long as I did!

  7. - Top - End - #247
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Dr.Gunsforhands's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    Ajax texts low-res versions of the relevant photos to Mia and to the group to make them harder to lose.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Tangent nothing! I think we can forgive you for dedicating some time to a plot-critical revelation.


    "Daycare," she murmurs to herself as she tries to connect that trend to these strange phenomena. "Should check on those pokemon, too, after the little cup."

    For now, she adjourns to Mia's training/healing cabin along with everyone else. She needs to get Anorith ready for his big trainer-battle debut, after all.
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2019-11-19 at 07:35 PM.
    Mina, Lynera, Ajax, Vena.
    Avatar by the Ninja Chocobo.

  8. - Top - End - #248
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    If they're all infected too I might be out, Margret said with a grimace. That was extremely disgusting, and I can't even see. She wasn't planning on dipping of course, she'd worked too hard to get here and probably wouldn't ever get another shot at something like this. It sounded better to be edgy though. She'd been too much of a goody two shoes her life. Time to try being a bit of a rebel.

    ---

    After getting her pokemon healed, she cradled Bors in her arms. The pokemon had calmed down and was snoozing. Hopefully he was conserving his vocal cords for battle.
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

    Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

    Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

    World at War (PTA) as Francis May

    GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

  9. - Top - End - #249
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2017

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    Constance listens as Mia explains a bit about what the councilors had already noticed and was happy that they seemed to want to investigate.

    We'll make ourselves available later to talk with the others. I am sure they will have questions. Thankfully Ajax had the presence of mind to snap those pics.

    Upon hearing that the Skiddo had been a Daycare foundling, Constance wondered how many others had been affected. And who trained Dr Mime - it clearly knew exactly what it was doing. And who was sending the Pokemon to gather up the infected. And how did they know who the infected were? And... Constance realizes she is staring off into space following the question train. She files the questions away for later when they could talk to all the Councilors.

    Constance quickly heads over with the others to get poor Tru healed up. He fought like a champ and paid a high price, but his actions helped save little Skiddo. He would get a hero's snack later and a good ear scratching.

    As her thoughts began to focus more on the upcoming tournament the fears of old returned to her head. Visions of past failures clouded her mind. This time her family was not there. No snickering from other students. No deck stacked against her. This time any failure on her part would be hers to own. And any success would be hers as well.
    And finally, for the first time in her life, Constance would be the one to judge success and failure.

    Straightening up slightly, Constance readied herself for the coming challenge. Win or lose, Constance would give it her all and take the results with pride.

  10. - Top - End - #250
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RedKnightGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2016

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    After your brief stop in with Mia, you make your way to the pokemon center to heal up your pokemon. You aren't the only campers there, but with Nurse Bruce present and several assistants, you are able to get in pretty quickly. The relatively minor injuries your pokemon took are able to be treated pretty quickly without any fuss.

    Outside, there is a train of campers headed back out of the main gates into the open spaces in the park. Your group is on the tail end of the line and when you arrive, you see there are several battles already taking place out in the green, grassy fields inside areas designated with the traditional battling field with a pokeball symbol in the center. Additionally, there is a crowd of spectators that weave in between the battling areas with nothing impeding their travel. There are councilors trying to ferry trainers to their designated areas in the chaos.

    The trail of campers you are following ends at a folding table run by a councilor you haven't met before, though his nametag designates him as Hachi. He is wearing yellow T-shirt that seems to be casual uniform for the councilors, making them easy to pick out in the crowd. Addressing the campers in front of you, he looks over at an easel on the table with the Little Cup bracket posted on it. With a snap of his fingers a black pokemon that is almost entirely a single floating eye appears suddenly out of thin air and leads the campers down to the fields.

    Turning to you he nods knowingly. "Ah, Team Scyther finally makes an entrance," He says dryly. His tone and expression are flat, very difficult to read as he appraises your group. He continues with a sigh and a well rehearsed manner. "It's a good thing your battles were scheduled later than the rest or you might have missed them. As it is, you are right on time. I assume you are familiar with formal league style battles, but I will quickly explain the rules for this mini tournament. You each battle one on one with your designated pokemon, so I expect battles will be over quickly. Battles are over when one or both participants are unable to battle. We have tried to match you up initially with opponents of equal skill, but in the case there is a type advantage for one side, the trainer with the disadvantage will be allowed to select which field they wish to battle on to try and gain a terrain advantage. There are three distinct fields to chose from; one drawn on the wide open grassy field, one on the craggy, rocky field, and another on a damp, watery field. You must choose one of those fields that you do NOT wish to battle on. Your opponents have also made a selection and once we have yours, we will be able to direct you to your battling area. Any questions?"

    Checking the tournament bracket to his side, you can pick out your names and your opponent's names and their pokemon, perhaps to keep everyone on a more level playing field. This is not usually the case in a real tournament, as trainers are often permitted to change their teams to adapt or surprise their opponents, but given the limited nature of the Little Cup, it makes sense to display this information. Margaret is matched up against Joey and his Bidoof, Constance is matched up against Sam and her Slowpoke, and Ajax is matched up with a trainer named Jamie and their Meditite.

  11. - Top - End - #251
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    A Bidoof huh? Margret mused as she considered her options. I guess I'd rather not fight on the water field. No reason to give Joey a homefield advantage.

    Bors gurgled in its sleep, clearly enjoying a good dream. She turned to her companions. So I know I talk big game, but I'm actually kind of terrified of battling in front of everyone. Last time I did something like this I lost in the first round. Some girl who was using a Scizzor and a Vulpix won it, but I couldn't even make it through my first match.
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

    Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

    Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

    World at War (PTA) as Francis May

    GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

  12. - Top - End - #252
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Dr.Gunsforhands's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    "Different fields?" Ajax predictably takes a picture of each of the fields, clearly excited about this development even if she's not talking much about it.

    "Wouldn't get too hung up on it," she says to Margaret. "Kanto's champion lost his first two battles. Ideal win rate's fifty percent if you're doing things right."

    She thinks again about the battlefield choices. "What do you think, Anorith? Haven't had much practice in water."

    Anorith makes a cheerful hissing noise and does a dog-paddling motion with his claws.

    "Wanna go swimming anyway, huh? I'll ban the grass one, then."
    Mina, Lynera, Ajax, Vena.
    Avatar by the Ninja Chocobo.

  13. - Top - End - #253
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2017

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    Constance flinches slightly at the mention of a Scizor. Apparently some wounds are slow to heal and she was still feeling some effect from her last failure.

    Like Ajax said, don't worry about it. Scizor is not exactly a starter Pokemon - it sounds like that tourney had a few heavy hitters in it. At least here we are all on the same page, having to use just our new little friends.

    Looking over her opponent, Constance lets out a chuckle.

    Slowbro vs Slakoth... A battle for the ages...
    Well it was nice meeting you girls but I think I am giong to be tied up for the next 3 months waiting for this battle to finish,
    Constance says with a smile on her face.

    Reaching into her bag she lifts of the resting Tru. Scratching him on the ear, she gives him a fake super serious face.

    Well little guy, it is almost your time to shine. You did great out in the field, but thankfully this one will be more structured and you won't be outnumbered. Win or lose, all I ask is that we give it our best. Do that and well enjoy some nice snacks later.

    Constance will ban the watery field. She had no desire to fish a sleeping Slakoth out of the water. She will also scan the brackets to see where Charlotte and Henry ended up, and try and calculate when/if she may run into them. She will also take note of their pokemon.

  14. - Top - End - #254
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RedKnightGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2016

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    A quick glance at the brackets show that your group will not have to worry about facing each other until it comes down to the final four trainers. Constance notes that Henry will face Margaret if they each win two matches and that his pokemon is a Dratini. Charlotte will face Ajax in the next round with her Houndour if both trainers win. The winner of the Ajax/Charlotte battle will face Constance and the winner of that will compete for first place with the winner of the Margaret/Henry battle, assuming all of those trainers advance.

    Counselor Hachi nods at your selections,"With that, you may proceed to your designated fields. Today, we plan to get through the next two sets of battles to narrow the field down to four trainers and resume the Little Cup tomorrow to give your pokemon time to recover. Well, maybe not your pokemon. Battle well, and maybe I'll see you again soon to direct you to your next. My pokemon will show you the way." The Unown appears from thin air again and looks pointedly at the three of you. It even offers an appendage to Margaret to help lead her more directly. Then, it floats it way down to the park where the scattered crowd is gathering.

    Margaret is the first to be dropped off at the far end of a grassy field. It's almost a bog standard open area, but grass has been carefully curated on the edges. One side has tall grass, good for hiding in and making you safer from attacks, but it also blocks your own line of sight. The other side has thick, almost bush-like grass growing that looks like it would provide significant cover from projectiles, though it looks very hard to move through and may hinder your own attacks. Down the center of the field is a straight shot to the other side, with a clear view of the young boy Joey grasping his pokeball.

    Next, Ajax is lead over to the watery field, and it looks like the only field certain fish pokemon could even use effectively. There is a large trough cut straight through the middle filled with water. It flows in the center of the field where it forms a moat of sorts around a rocky island with some good cover. Smaller channels of water break off of the main one to form a large outer circle, allowing swimming access to most of the arena. Near the water, there is some sticky mud that may prove tricky to step in, but the soft soil may also be a good place to hide in. Across the way, Ajax can see a brown haired girl wearing at least half a dozen long, beaded necklaces. She holds her pokeball with a smirk of anticipation.

    Lastly, Constance is taken to the rock field. Several slightly raised boulders are scattered around the field making the whole area a little less open than the others. Down the center, an area of rough terrain provide a slow yet well protected approach. It's actually difficult to see her opponent Sam on the other side through all the protruding rocks. A camp assistant brings over a small stepping block for the trainers to give them a little bit better vantage point to better command their pokemon. Once elevated, Sam waves back at Constance and gives her a thumbs up with her pokeball held in her other hand.

    For each of you, an officiant calls out the start of your battles with little fanfare. A small audience has gathered and their is scattered cheers and applause as the trainers are introduced by name only. The referee asks each of you to raise your hand when you are ready, and once having done so, you may release your pokemon!

    Spoiler: Map
    Show
    Map is here! You should see your name on your individual fields. You will start at the top of each of your fields and can release your pokemon within your throwing distance. Some of the terrain is marked with rules, so let me know if you have questions. Everyone is faster than their opponent so you should be able to take a turn as soon as you place your self on the board.

  15. - Top - End - #255
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Dr.Gunsforhands's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    Ajax takes her side of the field with Anorith in his ball as per the rules. Iggy walks next to her to spectate and waves excitedly to the necklace-human on the other side of the field. Ajax notices this and almost waves herself, but halfway into the movement she realizes that that would be the signal to start, so she just kind of raises her hand to shoulder height and nods?

    "Meditite..."

    She's heard of the Johntonese pocket monster before. They're considered a potential ecological threat in Kanto. They tend to sit around meditating, but they're still more aggressive than local psychic types and compete with machops and mankeys for their niche.

    Once she and her opponent raise their hands and get the signal, she hurls Anorith's ball as far as she can, releasing him somewhere on the edge of the pool.

    "Anorith! Take the fight to them! Don't give them time to charge up!"

    The bug skitters along the waters' edge, then happily dives in rather than run all the way around the corner. Not quite in range to try the new attack Tru helped teach him, he burrows into the mud to prepare his next move.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Double-move from L7 to J12, using Swim and Burrow to play in the mud for cover in case Meditite has an aneurysm and decides to attack first.
    Mina, Lynera, Ajax, Vena.
    Avatar by the Ninja Chocobo.

  16. - Top - End - #256
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    Margret accepts her Unown helper, with Gawain hugging her legs, being her eyes. As was her custom, Margret settled down into a cross legged posture for the battle. Gawain was her eyes anyways, so she didn't need to be standing for a better view. As she held Bors's ball, she took a deep breath.

    One battle, she told herself and the pokeball. I'm going to win at least one this time around. We can do this.

    She raised her hand and tossed the ball out. Bors appeared in a flash, quickly beginning to sob loudly at the crowds.

    Just like we practiced Bors! Calm down and focus that anxiety on the battle. You've got this. Its too far away to attack, so let him come to you, ok?
    Bors trotted up to the center of the field, waiting patiently for the two parties to come into closer proximity. The Whismur hadn't noticed the tall grass, though Margret planned to make full use of it eventually.
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

    Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

    Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

    World at War (PTA) as Francis May

    GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

  17. - Top - End - #257
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2017

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    Constance takes a deep breath as she approaches her platform.

    No pressure,
    she thought to herself. No one to let down, no one to apologize to. Just a match, win or lose.
    Camp would go on, she would go on.
    Surveying the field Constance notices the blocking terrain, and rocky pathways. There was lots of room for tactical maneuver... Constance then remembered who her partner was. Maneuvering was not exactly Tru's forte.


    Constance launched Tru's pokeball as close to the isolated pillar as she could, tucking him in out of view. She never really knew how energetic the little guy would be so it was wise to give him some cover
    The Sleeping Slakoth emerges from his pokeball in a slight daze, and doesn't seem to want to move anywhere

    Figures,
    mutters Constance.
    Ok Tru, let's play some games instead. You like games right? Time for some hide and seek.

    The slakoth nods slowly and uses his colouring to try and blend into his surroundings.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Constance tags the Slowpoke
    Constance gives Focused Orders to Tru
    Tru is Truant! No HP to Heal
    Tru uses the Stealth skill to try and be hidden from sight.
    (3d6+5)[17]
    Tru gains 1 Momentum
    Tru has 1 Momentum
    Tru has +3 accuracy and +1 evasion against Slowpoke



  18. - Top - End - #258
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RedKnightGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2016

    Question Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    Margaret

    "Hide in the grass, Buddy! You can do this!" The Bidoof closes the distance and runs off to the side to take cover in the tall grass. The pokemon curls up defensively as it prepares to meet with Bors in close range combat shortly.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Bidoof moves up and uses Defense Curl.
    Joey uses Focused Training!


    Ajax
    Your pokemon finds that the mud is quite soft and easy to burrow though. It provides some cozy cover if Anorith simply sits in it. Attacking would probably expose it, however.

    The girl simply calls out, "Confusion!" The Meditite moves forward on its own and closes its eyes as it tries to find your pokemon to attack. The mud provides solid protection, however and your speedy Anorith avoids the attack completely.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Meditite uses Confusion!
    Attack: 1d20 = 9, Miss! (AC 2 + 4 speed evasion + 5 mud cover = AC 11)
    Jamie uses Brutal Training!


    Constance
    The crowd laughs as the two pokemon spring into action. The slowpoke makes just about as much progress as Tru does, moving up behind a similar rock on his side of the field. He doesn't seem aware of Tru, but then again he doesn't seem aware of much of anything. Still, he does bulk himself up a bit behind the rock as you hear Sam shout encouragement to the dopey pokemon.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Slowpoke uses Curse!
    Sam uses Inspired Training!
    Last edited by CateranEnforcer; 2019-12-05 at 01:53 PM.

  19. - Top - End - #259
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Dr.Gunsforhands's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    Ajax beams, happy that the little guy is making good use of his surroundings. This is going better than she'd hoped.

    "OK, she's in range! Go for it!"

    Using the power of a fancy TM, Anorith pops out of the mud holding a comically large rock in his claws. Whatever method Tru uses to get these things, it's still apparently easier to pull them from the ground than it is to summon them from thin air. He throws it at the blue brain-ape and dives back in the mud for cover.

    This is probably what they do for practice at whatever adorable monkey dojo meditites come from, but we'll see how it works out.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack with rock tomb! It has a range of 6 and is a physical move despite granting materializer.

    Attack: (1d20)[2] vs. 5+phys. evasion

    Damage: (2d8+27)[39] - phys. defense

    On hit: Lower's target's speed by 1 combat stage

    Move: From J12 to I13 (burrow for cover)
    Mina, Lynera, Ajax, Vena.
    Avatar by the Ninja Chocobo.

  20. - Top - End - #260
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2017

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    Constance blinked slowly as she realized how much a slow paced match this was going be. As she formulated a plan, part of her wondered if there could be a double DQ for time violations.

    Tru, let's play catch with our new friend. Get up where you can see him and say 'Hi'!

    Apparently Tru thinks Catch sounded like fun and moved to the top of the pillar so he could see his playmate far away and down below. Choosing some suitable rocks, Tru tossed them to the funny slow pink thing to play with.

    Great work Tru, now go flat for some hide and seek!


    Spoiler
    Show

    Slowpoke is still Tagged
    Constance issues Focus Orders to Tru: +1 Acc and +2 Skill Checks
    Tru attacks Slowpoke with Rock Tomb (AC3)
    Attack Roll: (1d20+3)[6]
    Damage: (2d8+28)[38] Rock Type Damage vs. Physical Defense
    Slowpoke loses 1 CS in Speed if hit
    Tru gains 1 Momentum
    Stealth Skill: (3d6+5)[17]
    Tru gains 1 momentum at end of round.
    Tru has 3 Momentum
    Tru has +4 accuracy and +2 evasion against Slowpoke plus terrain modifiers


    Last edited by Lorrel; 2019-12-06 at 10:49 PM.

  21. - Top - End - #261
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    Bors continued to waddle forwards, honing in on where he thought the Bidoof would likely be. As it approached, Margret remained silent, letting her training this morning take hold. Bors let out a loud screech that echoed throughout the arena, shooting sonic waves at the pokemon.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Margret uses critical moment to triple the focused and inspired training bonuses this turn.

    Echoed Voice! (1d20+3)[22]
    (2d6+24)[31] special normal damage
    Note that Bors has 4/4/5 evasion due to his Brightpowdewr and Inspired training bonuses.
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

    Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

    Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

    World at War (PTA) as Francis May

    GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

  22. - Top - End - #262
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RedKnightGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2016

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    Margaret
    The Whimsur's attack flushes the Bidoof out of hiding and its dopey expression tries to look serious as he comes rolling like a boulder from the grass. He slams in Bors and keeps going, his spinning body making a sharp turn like he's coming around for another pass, building up speed. The crowd cheers as the battle heats up. It even looks like Whitney and her entourage has stopped close by to have a watch.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Bidoof uses Rollout!
    Attack: 1d20+2=17 vs AC 8
    Damage: 32 Physical rock damage


    Constance
    Tru's rock attack bounces off the oblivious slowpoke as it leaves cover. He looks barely hurt and retaliates with a burst of water from his mouth that grazes the Slakoth from around the corner. You hear a familiar deriding laugh that pierces through the crowd. Henry is watching from there sidelines proudly displaying his Dratini, which also sports a leash like his other pokemon.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Slowpoke uses Water Gun!
    Attack: 1d20=15
    Damage : 19 special water


    Ajax
    The rock hurled by Anorith goes wide and the Meditite jumps over the small stream of water to land in the mud next to it. It again tries to reach out with it's mind to strike your pokemon but it is too quick and the mud next to Anorith is forcefully churned. The meditite squeals in frustration in time with its trainer, who also stomps her feet.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Medidtite uses Confusion!
    Attack: 1d20 = 4, miss
    Last edited by CateranEnforcer; 2019-12-08 at 10:31 AM.

  23. - Top - End - #263
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    Margret winced out of habit when the Bidoof slammed into Bors. She wasn't channeling the Whismur, but she could still imagine the pain it was feeling.

    Unfortunately, Bors needed to rest its voice before it could let out another shout. So Margret finally started shouting orders. Retreat and get your bearings. Try to get out of its range! Bors turned and fled, running to the thick bushy grass. It hunkered down, ready for the onslaught and hoping to survive.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Bors takes a Sprint action to make it to the thick grass.

    Margret uses Critical Moment (no more uses this scene now). This gives 4/4/5 evasion plus the accuracy debuff from the grass. Here's to hoping!

    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

    Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

    Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

    World at War (PTA) as Francis May

    GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

  24. - Top - End - #264
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Dr.Gunsforhands's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    Not knowing what Meditite is capable of, Ajax nervously clenches her fists as it gets close, but now that they're right next to each other it strikes her that Anorith is actually the bigger of the two. They're also not trying to cave in Anorith's shell with some flashy martial arts move like she was expecting them to. Looks like the plan to bring the fight to them is working out pretty well!

    Anorith also seems a little more confident. Some ancient instinct for hit-and-run tactics kicks in; the bug launches out of the sand, scratches at his opponent's face, and seamlessly burrows back into the mud upon landing.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Scratch! (1d20)[15] vs. 4+Phys. evasion
    Damage: (1d8+23)[24]

    Move: Scratch is a pass move, so burrow-shifting to J12 to regain cover because it's fun.
    Mina, Lynera, Ajax, Vena.
    Avatar by the Ninja Chocobo.

  25. - Top - End - #265
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2017

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    Tru didn't seem to mind the bath, and was definitely awake for the next set of orders.
    Constance tried to keep some semblance of tactics despite the current limitations. This was going to be a long fight, so it was best to use every advantage.
    Tru let loose another barrage of stones from atop the pillar before making himself as small as possible up top. The slowpoke would not have a good angle to return fire, and was not mobile enough to change the trajectory of the attack much. Hopefully Tru was ready to avoid any return fire.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Slowpoke is still Tagged
    Constance issues Focus Orders to Tru: +1 Acc and +2 Skill Checks
    Tru uses Rock Tomb (AC3) from an elevated position on the exposed Slowpoke down below
    Attack: (1d20+4)[19] (plus any terrain modifiers)
    Damage: (2d6+28)[36] Rock Type Damage vs. Physical Defense
    Slowpoke loses 1 CS in Speed if hit
    Tru gains 1 Momentum
    Tru gains 1 Momentum at end of round.
    Tru has 5 Momentum.
    Tru has +3 evasion and +5 Attack Bonus against the Slowpoke.



  26. - Top - End - #266
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RedKnightGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2016

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    Margaret
    The rolling Bidoof kicks up grass and dirt in its wake as it picks up speed. Bors takes cover in the thick grass and it seems to pay off. Right before he slams into the cowering pokemon, the bidood runs out of steam and he lands dizzily onto the ground. The crowd let's out a surprised noise as the battle continues.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Bidoof uses Rollout!
    Attack: 1d20+2 (5) vs AC 8, miss!

    Also as a note, the accuracy penalty is applied to those standing within the grass. Not attacking into it. It is so thick is restricts your movement and attacks. It does offer cover, but you are not harder to hit as a result since you can't move around as much to dodge so I just say they cancel each other out. It does grant Bulletproof to represent the cover though.


    Constance
    Tru's continued assault on the slowpoke seems to be wearing him down slowly. The already lethargic pokemon is more moving even slower but it still has enough in it to creep up to the rock and give it a solid body slam, sending the Slakoth off his perch painfully. A single jeering voice is heard over the sound of the crowd, but you can't make out exactly what Henry is saying.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Slowpoke uses Tackle!
    Attack: 1d20 (15) vs ac 5, hit!
    Damage: 29 Physical Normal
    Tru is pushed.


    Ajax
    Anorith's attack seems very effective as the meditite is knocked off it's feet for a moment. One more like that may be all it takes to knock him out. Angered and hurt, the psychic pokemon leaps across the water once more and takes cover in the rocky center part of the map. It turns its mind once more to Anorith, and this time it finally lands. Your pokemon is lifted out of the mud and assaulted by the Meditite's Confusion, but its sturdy exoskeleton allows it to stay conscious.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Meditite jumps to the center and uses Confusion!
    Attack: 1d20 (20), crit!
    Damage: 46 special psychic damage.
    Anorith hangs on with Sturdy!
    Last edited by CateranEnforcer; 2019-12-12 at 10:15 AM.

  27. - Top - End - #267
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Dr.Gunsforhands's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    Anorith lands on his back, his carapace covered in creases and cracks like a piece of construction paper that's been crumpled up and smoothed back out. Ajax instinctively reaches for her pouch to get his pokeball, but no.

    "You've got this, Anorith! Show them what you can really do!"

    ...also it isn't in the pouch right now. This is why Ajax doesn't usually throw the balls.

    The bug rocks back and forth until it flips back up, plunges into the moat, and leaps from the water with claws bared.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Scratch! (1d20)[10] vs. 2 + phys. evasion + cover bonus
    Damage? (1d8+23)[24]


    After swinging wildly at Meditite's face, Anorith lands in the water and digs directly back into the mud. It peeks out only to see whether the blue monkey is still up or not.
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2019-12-15 at 03:14 AM.
    Mina, Lynera, Ajax, Vena.
    Avatar by the Ninja Chocobo.

  28. - Top - End - #268
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    Knowing what to do, Bors dashed out of the tall grass to send a blast of sonic energy at the Bidoof. Margret hoped this would be the end of the battle. Bors couldn't last much longer! She called out a few positioning orders, but mostly trusted Bors' instincts.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Focused Orders

    Echoed Voice (1d20+2)[8]

    (2d6+24)[31]
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2019-12-14 at 08:41 AM.
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

    Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

    Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

    World at War (PTA) as Francis May

    GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

  29. - Top - End - #269
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2017

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    Constance winced as Tru was knocked from his perch. She new that had to hurt, and hoped that it would make Tru more focused on the task at hand. She easily tuned out Henry's attempt at mockery. Back home it was far more than a single voice calling out; the lack of a chorus was actually heartening.

    Constance knew that Tru could not take another hit like that, so she decided to go for broke.
    Ok Tru, let's continue with the rock and roll game. Your pink friend cannot take much more of this![
    Tru moves into position and lets fly with another massive barrage of rocks, hoping to bury the pink poke once and for all.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Constance issues Focused Orders
    Tru shifts into sight of the Slowpoke.
    Constance spends 2 momentum to gain an 11 on the attack roll.
    Tru has 4 Momentum
    Tru's Rock Tomb does 36 Rock Type Damage vs Defense (Roll in OOC since this is an edit)
    Tru gains 1 Momentum
    Tru gains 1 Momentum at end of round.
    Tru has 6 Momentum
    Tru has +5 Accuracy and +3 Evasion against the Slowpoke

    * post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Lorrel; 2019-12-15 at 11:04 PM. Reason: Stealth does not work that way and Rollem says Yolo

  30. - Top - End - #270
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RedKnightGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2016

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    Ajax
    Anorith charges forth and lashes at the fragile Meditite. The attack connects, but it isn't until your pokemon resurfaces that it knows for sure. The blue monkey falls among the rocks unconscious. The referee announces Ajax as the winner, and defeated trainer recalls her pokemon with a flash of light. Without much ado, she stomps from her position into the cheering crowd.

    Margaret
    Bors' sonic waves buffet the hapless Bidoof as he recovers from his spinout. He hangs in there long enough to throw a more basic attack as it tackles into the Whimsur.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Bidoof uses Tackle!
    Attack: 1d20+2 (20)
    Damage: 28 Normal Physical


    Constance
    Tru makes his final gambit as the physically strong Slowpoke weathers the next set of rocks sent his way. It wasn't enough however and he walks forward to make another attack.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Slowpoke starts to make another attack, but realizes that it is hurt and faints. The crowd, referee, and Sam take a minute to realize that the battle is over. Eventually you are declared the winner when its clear Skowpoke is unable to battle, a call made possible by a brief medical examination.
    Last edited by CateranEnforcer; 2019-12-16 at 11:27 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •