New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

Unlike most people, Ajax doesn't think in complete sentences, and she's not great at keeping her thoughts to herself.

"Huh... so, used to have a trainer? Storage system broke?"
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2020-04-12 at 02:53 AM.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh was that the storage system?. She'd never seen one before. Rather, Gawain had never seen one. When you only had one pokemon you didn't think about stashing them away.

And what would they have to do with whatever Mew's mission is?

She continued to process for a minute. With me not able to read computer screens, I don't think it would be realistic, but do either of you have any interest in taking the technology classes here? I suddenly am very interested to learn more about the storage system
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

World at War (PTA) as Francis May

GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

"Huh... so, used to have a trainer? Storage system broke?"
    Mew nods shakes her head at the first statement, but nods and does somersault in the air as Ajax mentions the storage system. The tiny cat-like pokemon crackles with electricity and lets a small thunder shock loose into the ground. Mew really doesn't want you to worry, she feels no threat from the vision she gave you. She gives you a feeling that she's already dealt with it. It's her children that she's worried about and wishes to help.

After Mew has visited your pokemon one by one, she takes the last of the offered juice and gulps it down like she's dying of thirst. You can feel her wish well of you and is confident that you are good at heart. With that, she flies through the trees and you soon lose sight of the tiny, pokemon.
    Last edited by CateranEnforcer; 2020-04-13 at 03:52 PM.

4. - Top - End - #364
    Ettin in the Playground

Well that was ... an experience.

This isn't normal right? Like, this isn't some prank where Mew visits every newbie trainer at some point? Because I'm ...
    she trailed off, not even sure how to finish the thought.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #365
    Ettin in the Playground

"Nope," say Ajax, after a moment trying to sort it out for herself. "Just us. We're already in on the virus thing she's dealing with. Don't think she wants to worry anyone else."

She watches the sky as Mew disappears into the distance. She feels like she was just inducted into some kind of secret society.

"...gonna be late for class."

6. - Top - End - #366
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Yeah this has all been a bit.. much.
    On the surface Constance looked calm and focused, years of a rigid upbringing showing some worth. Beneath the surface she was as bewildered as the others. Of all the things she expected at camp, meeting a legendary Pokemon the first week was definitely not on the list. For now she would take the shocks as they came and try and remain focused on the tasks at hand.

Trying to keep her calm face up, Constance returned to the days activities. They had classes to attend, and there was still the last rounds of the tournament for later.

We should definitely get back, we don't want to miss our classes. If we compare our planned schedules, we can find some down time to go over all this... craziness,
    Constance suggests to the others.

As they walk back, Constance tries to pull forth any knowledge she may have on MissingNo. Mew may think the issue resolved, but knowing more couldn't hurt... or could it?

Spoiler
    Show

Pokemon Ed and General Ed checks for anything Constance may have learned or heard about MissingNo
    General Ed [roll]3d6[/roll]
    Pokemon Ed (4d6)[11]
    Last edited by Lorrel; 2020-04-18 at 09:17 PM.

7. - Top - End - #367

RedKnightGirl

After the Mew encounter, the three of you decide to head to the pokemon battling class. It is taking place in the center of camp in the big field where the camp's own battle fields are located. You arrive along with a large group of trainers; clearly half the camp seemed to have the same idea as you did. The large grassy field has four basic battling fields and at the center stands a camp counselor wearing the typical dark green uniform with shorts and short sleeves. Rosie is tall, blonde, and athletic looking as you can tell by her defined calves and forearms. She blows on a whistle that hangs around her neck to get the attention of the assembled campers.

"Alright everyone, while I appreciate your interest in my class, but I can only take so many of you at a time. Trust me, you're at a camp for pokemon training, every class here is going to be helpful to you even if they aren't mine. So I'm going to divide the group right about....here," She walks down the group and makes a cutting motion with her arm through the center of the group, right next to the three of you. "Those of you behind me can stay, The rest can come by later today and try again. We'll get used to a routine pretty soon here I promise. The other classes are super important too, go check them out." Looks like your group is on the side that stays! The rest of the campers grumble as they walk off elsewhere, even informing a few stragglers showing up that the class is full.

"Well then, now that we got that out of the way, hi everyone! I'm Rosie if you couldn't tell, and I'm really glad to meet all of you in person. I am a professional Gym Trainer for the Goldenrod City Gym. I expected this class to be popular since I'm sure this is the kind of thing all young pokemon trainers dream of, right? To travel the world as a professional pokemon battler, tackling all the gym leader challenges, and the maybe even the Elite Four? To be the very best that you can be?" She smiles and stretches out her arms in a grand gesture. "Well, I'm here to tell you that taking on the Pokemon League is a long a challenging journey and many trainers falter along the way. Most trainers in fact. That's one reason why I encourage you to check out what the other counselors have to offer. All of them are professionals in pokemon training, and all of them have very important jobs that are worth considering. One of the purposes of the Goldenrod Gym Challenge is make you a well rounded trainer, versed in a variety of skills."

"That being said, as of right now you are here with me, so we'll focus on what you came for, pokemon battling! Here, I assume you know the basics of types and their strengths. If you don't I suggest you go see Mia or Bruce and buckle down on those topics because I won't be covering those here. Now, last night I took the chance to go over the recordings of all your battles in the Little Cup and I have some personal pieces of advice for everyone that we will get to in a minute. What do you each of think personally that you need to improve on?"

Rosie stops and looks at each of you one by one. You see that you recognize some of the campers. You see among them crowd Sam and Chase from the Ladyba's as well as Joey and Drake from Pincir. There is one boy that you don't recognize bringing the total up to eight.
    Last edited by CateranEnforcer; 2020-04-24 at 11:41 AM.

8. - Top - End - #368
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Constance was not entirely surprised to see the sheer number of people showing up for the battling class. As Rosie had pointed out, battling is usually what comes to mind first for most young trainers.

She was surprised however at the ending result of who was in the class. The mass of campers took the news quite well and there were no major outbursts. Not bad for a large group of kids. They were lucky that they arrived when they did. A little bit later and they would have been out of the class for this slot.

Listening closely as Rosie explained the basics of what the class was about, Constance began a mental list of things should would ask Rosie in private when she got the chance.

She is startled out of her list as Rosie finishes her speech the with question

"What do you each of think personally that you need to improve on?"

The first thought that came to Constance's mind in response was: Winning.
    She had the know-how. The training. She had battle experience. And yet, despite all that, the one thing she was lacking was the ability to win. To close out the match, close out the tournament. To snatch victory when it was close, to defend it when it was at risk.
    Sure, she had all the excuses in the world. All the reasons she ran in her head each time she lost.
    But at the end of the day, there was only one person who could change that.

She looks at Rosie when it is her turn. She looks the master trainer in the eyes and says with full honesty.

Winning. I need to learn how to seal the deal when it comes down to it instead of consoling myself with excuses.

9. - Top - End - #369
    Ettin in the Playground

Ajax is silent for a moment. She had never beaten another trainer until yesterday, but it somehow hadn't occurred to her to analyze what had made the difference. She'd chalked it up to beginner's luck, but it really did depend on Anorith staying alert and listening to her.

"Breaking in new pokémon," she says finally. "Lot of us are going to be catching and training new team members while we're here, right? But the ones I came here with were from my family and a fossil. Never had to train a wild pokémon I just caught in a ball before."

10. - Top - End - #370
    Ettin in the Playground

Rosie's talk reminded Margret that she wasn't really interested in challenging for the title of Champion. While it was her dream just like everyone else's it wasn't something she ever thought she was going to achieve. Her powers made her unique, or at least uncommon, in the grand scheme of things. Surely there were ways she could lean on that in her career. She made a mental note to go visit Morty at the end of the summer. Rumor had it that the man had powers similar to hers, and she could use some advice on training her new ghost type team member.

And then the question came. Margret sighed. This was the question she already knew the answer to, but it was always painful to say it.

I always give up to easily, especially when Gawain is involved, she scratched his ears and temporarily lost sight of Rosie's legs as his eyes rolled into his head. Part of it is due to the fact that he's literally my eyes here, but a part of me just hates to feel the Pokemon I'm so connect to get hurt.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #371

RedKnightGirl

Rosie nods thoughtfully as she goes down the line to receive your responses.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    I always give up to easily, especially when Gawain is involved, she scratched his ears and temporarily lost sight of Rosie's legs as his eyes rolled into his head. Part of it is due to the fact that he's literally my eyes here, but a part of me just hates to feel the Pokemon I'm so connect to get hurt.
    "You have a unique perspective with your close connection to your pokemon, and that gives you a unique strength. But one of the roles of a trainer to see the big picture, and your pokemon's role is to be in the thick of things. You are trying to do both at the same time and it is distracting to you. I'm saying you should shun your gift and try to battle blind, but I think with some focus and practice you can be the guide your pokemon need when battling."

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gunsforhands View Post
    "Breaking in new pokémon," she says finally. "Lot of us are going to be catching and training new team members while we're here, right? But the ones I came here with were from my family and a fossil. Never had to train a wild pokémon I just caught in a ball before."
    "That is one thing we need to make sure you all are doing. We'll be happy to work with you on breaking in your new pokemon, and it's not as bad as you might think, but it is a process. Everyone should be working towards a team of at least 4 pokemon to earn your badge and when you do, we'll be able to do some real pokemon league type battles here, with strategy and matchups. I bet you could even organize some field trips to go out looking for pokemon to capture. There's a lot in these wilds."

Quote Originally Posted by Lorrel View Post

Winning. I need to learn how to seal the deal when it comes down to it instead of consoling myself with excuses.
    "Well, it looks like you've been doing just fine since you got here. You have to be confident and let that confidence transfer to your pokemon when you battle. That's not going to ensure your victory, but it'll help you not to peter out at the end. But there is no shame to be had in defeat. How you lose is just as important as how you win. A loss is only a waste if you learn nothing from it. You will lose a lot in your time as trainer and you need to learn to use them as a chance to better yourself."

12. - Top - End - #372
    Ettin in the Playground

Battle Blind? Margret asked, somewhat confused. Wasn't that strictly inferior to being able to see what was going on.

She mulled it over as Rosie moved on. I guess it would put the focus more on preparations and training, which is always what I've been best at. And maybe it would ...

But no. That doesn't make any sense. What if I see through another pair of eyes while battling. That would work right?

Oh! The Drifloon! That would make a great set of eyes when Gawain is battling.
    . She looked up excitedly before remembering that Rosie wasn't there anymore.

Shaking her head, she went over to the boy she hadn't met yet. Hi, nice to meet you. My name's Margret, Scyther Group

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #373
    Ettin in the Playground

"Meant to say, 'I'm not saying you should battle blind.' Just came out a little weird. Happens to me all the time."

...such as right now. It might take a moment for everyone else to figure out that Ajax noticed Margaret's initial confusion and is now correcting the counselor.

When that moment passes, Ajax has released two ground-type pokemon to start their training. Iggy waves hello to his new teammates. Barboach sprays water at the ground to make a mud puddle and lays down in it. Drilbur just turns away and crosses its little arms.

14. - Top - End - #374

RedKnightGirl

The boy is a little surprised when Margaret approaches him but he smiles when she does. "Oh hey, I'm from Beedrill. I'm Mark, good to meet you too. If you don't mind me saying, I think it's super cool that you are a trainer even though you can't see. You want to train together?" There is a Vulpix hanging around Mark's feet that presumably belongs to him.

After going down the line, Rosie stops and blows her whistle to get everyone's attention. "Alright everyone, I'm going to show you some of my strength training regimes that'll keep a few of you busy while I come around to you individually." She motions over to the battlefields around which there are a number of solid wood training dummies crudely crafting to resemble Sudowodo pokemon. "These dummies are very sturdy, and they can withstand your physical attacks very well, so it's good practice for making your pokemon strong. You will also be timed so it will be up to you to choose the best route for your pokemon to take. Take your time and run any of your pokemon through it. If you have newly caught pokemon, exercises like this can get them used to following your commands in battle as well!"

Spoiler: Attack training course
    Show
    The first map has a layout of the Attack Training Course. There you can plan out a route for any pokemon you wish to take the course to try and take down all the dummies as fast as possible. Each dummy will only count as defeated if hit by a physical attack, which will not miss. You can use pass, area, or ranged attacks so long as they are physical. You start at the bottom in any of the center four spaces. You can post your whole route at one time. Make a command check for each pokemon to determine how well they follow your route! After completing the course, you can have your pokemon gain one point in Attack as if they have consumed a vitamin.
    Last edited by CateranEnforcer; 2020-05-05 at 08:45 PM.

15. - Top - End - #375
    Ettin in the Playground

Margret only really had one Pokemon who could do this challenge, and that was Gawain. She could already feel him pawing at the earth. That would be great, she said to Mark.

How about Gawain heads up the right side and nabs the one in the center on the rock? You take the left side?

---
    Assuming Mark is Ok with This Plan

Margret scratched Gawain behind the ears as they watched some other pairs navigate the course. Take your time here. If you do it right once, then you won't have to backtrack. If you stick clear of the rocky areas until you head in for an attack, you'll keep your mobility at its best. You like to jump in right away, but if you keep clear until you're close enough to strike you'll keep the risk at a minimum.

Spoiler
    Show

Assuming he goes with the plan, Gawain starts at I18
    Round 1: Move to J14 and attacks J13.
    Round 2: Move to J11
    Round 3: Move to I 11 and attack H11
    Round 4: Move to L9, attack K9
    Round 5: Attack L8, move to L5
    Round 6: Attack L4

Command Roll (4d6+2)[19]

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #376
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Constance studied the attack course, realizing that each of her Pokemon were suited to it, but would take much different paths than each other. It also made her realize that her team was quite physical attack heavy. If she ever planned to be serious as a battler, she would need to diversify her team.

Constance led off with with her newest partner Hitchcock. Unsure of how the new recruit would respond to her commands, Constance put on her battler's face and tried to issue the commands with confidence.
    Exploiting his aerial movement and Mew's gift, Hitchcock soared around the course following Constance's commands, striking multiple targets in some passes with his powerful wings. The elevation of the course proved to be of no concern as Constance guided him from target to target, and the dark bird finished the course on his 7th turn.

Constance was thrilled that Hitchcock has listen so well, she had been worried about a defiant nature given his history but he seemed to have taken to the young trainer. Great job Hitch! Constance congratulated him before returning him to his ball. Ok Tru, you are up next. We'll just let a couple of others have a turn so we don't hog the whole thing. She absently pet the furball in her bag.
    If you do well, I promise you'll get a treat, she tells him, hoping to motivate him to action. She definitely did not want to run the course with a disobedient Tru.

Carefully removing him from his resting place, Constance set Tru upon the course.
    Ok, move forward and use Rock Throw on the one of the left, Constance commanded.

Tru looked at her a bit sleepily. He launched some rocks at the target, but otherwise did not move. Not exactly the start Constance was hoping for.
    Remember, there is a treat in this for you if you do well. Let's get this moving.

The bribe seemed to work and Tru looked more motivated than he ever had before. He crawled along the course tossing rocks at the targets as they came up. Eventually he was forced with a high climb, but did not let it deter him. Once atop the rocks, he rained (slowly) rocky attacks down at the targets below. Continuing on the course and showing no signs of getting distracted, Tru slowly crawled his way to the finish with all targets hit in 10 Rounds. He then showed another burst of energy as he gobbled up the treats he was offered.

Constance waited until the rest of the campers had taken their turns. She had planned a route for Arabella (she had some free time as Tru made his way through the course) but it wasn't exactly going to "leave it as she found it" in regards to the course. Assuming that just using a shallow burrow along the course causing the targets to fall down into the rubble would be frowned upon, Constance chose a slightly less destructive approach.
    Unleashing Arabella onto the field, Constance set the plan in motion. Her long time partner had no issues following Constance's commands and rumbled through the course. Leveraging her massive size, Arabella used her bulk to uproot and knock targets into each other, scoring two for one hits a number of times along the course. Constance did feel a bit guilty though, knowing that someone was going to have to clean that up afterwards. She made a note to speak to Rosie about it and offer to help. Moving easily through her native terrain Arabella unleashed havoc upon the targets and moved to the finish in 7 rounds. Sitting at the finish line she turned to the last unhit target and launched a massive Rock Throw, burying it completely for emphasis.

Spoiler: Hitchcock's Path: 7 Rounds
    Show

Target Locations:
    D4, L4, E8, G8, L8, K9, H11, J13, F15, F17

Hitchcock's Path (Move 6, Flying)
    Start F19
    Shift into F18
    Execute Steel Wing (Pass attack) (F18-F14)
    F17 is hit
    F15 is hit
    Shift into F14 at end of Pass
    Shift into G14 (End of Round 1)

Shift into H14
    Shift into I13
    Execute Peck on J13 Target
    J13 is hit
    Shift into I12
    Shift into I11 (End of Round 2)

Execute Peck on H11 Target
    H11 is hit
    Shift into J10 (End of Round 3)

Execute Steel Wing (Pass attack)(K10-M7)
    K9 is hit
    L8 is hit
    Shift into M7 at end of Pass
    Shift from M7 to J7 (End of Round 4)

Shift into I8
    Shift into H8
    Execute Steel Wing (Pass Attack)(H8-D8)
    Shift into D8 at end of Pass (End of Round 5)

Shift from D8 to D5
    Execute Peck on D4 Target
    D4 is hit
    Shift from D5 to G5 (End of Round 6)

Shift into H5
    Shift into I4
    Shift into J4
    Shift into K4
    Execute Peck on L4 Target
    Shift from K4 to I2

End of Course (Round 7)
    All targets hit in 7 Rounds

Spoiler: Arabella's Path: 7 Rounds
    Show

Target Locations:

Arabella's Path (Move 7 Overland)
    Start F19
    Shift into F18
    Execute Tackle (Push) on F17 Target
    F17 is pushed 2 Meters and hits F15
    F17 is hit
    F15 is hit
    Shift from F16 to J14 (End of Round 1)

Shift into K14
    Execute Tackle on J13 Target
    Spoiler: Pool Shot
    Show

I am going to assume Bella does not manage some awesome Pool-Style shot knocking J13 through the air into H11. I made an athletics roll for fun. If it somehow works, Round 3 can be skipped, changing the clear to 6 Rounds

J13 is hit
    Shift from K14 to K11
    Shift into J10 (End of Round 2)

Execute Rock Throw on H11 Target
    Sit there looking Menacing (End of Round 3)

Execute Tackle (Push) on K9 Target
    K9 is pushed 2 Meters and hits L8
    K9 is hit
    L8 is hit
    Shift into J9
    Shift into I9
    Shift into H8 (End of Round 4)

Execute Tackle (Push) on G8 Target
    G8 is pushed 2 Meters and hits E8
    G8 is hit
    E8 is hit
    Shift from H8 to H6
    Shift into I5
    Shift into I4 (End of Round 5)

Execute Rock Throw on D4 Target
    D4 is hit
    Shift from I4 to I2 (End of Round 6)

Execute Rock Throw on L4 Target
    End of Course (Round 7)
    All targets hit in 7 Rounds

Spoiler: Tru's Path:Let's hope he doesn't give up and sleep
    Show

Tru is Truant to start things off! Woo!
    Target Locations:

Tru is not sure about this and moves nowhere
    Execute Rock Throw on F17 Target
    F17 is hit (End of Round 1)

Tru Moves!
    Shift from I19 to I16
    Execute Rock Throw on F15 Target
    F15 is hit (End of Round 2)

Shift into I15
    Shift from I15 to K13
    Execute Rock Throw on J13 Target (End of ROund 3)
    J13 is hit

Shift from K13 to K10
    Execute Rock Throw on H11 Target
    H11 is hit (End of Round 4)

Shift into J9
    Shift (Climb) onto J8 (Machine Gun Tru time)
    Execute Rock Throw on K9 Target
    K9 is hit (End of Round 5)

Execute Rock Throw on L8 Target
    L8 is hit (End of Round 6)

Execute Rock Throw on G8 Target
    G8 is hit (End of Round 7)

Execute Rock Throw on E8 Target
    E8 is hit
    Shift from J8 to J6 (End of Round 8)

Shift (Climb) into J5
    Shift into J4
    Execute Rock Throw on L4 Target (End of Round 9)
    L4 is hit

Execute Rock Throw on D4 Target
    D4 is hit
    Shift into J3
    Shift into I2
    End of Course (Round 10)
    All targets hit in 10 Rounds

17. - Top - End - #377
    Ettin in the Playground

Ajax lets out her little star performer, Anorith, and plots out a couple of possible routes. They pretty much boil down to clockwise and anti-clockwise, with the latter being more straightforward. It also relies heavily on ranged attacks, so this gives Anorith plenty of practice with his new move.

"Just stay on flat sand, use Rock Tomb to hit a target, then position yourself to hit the next one while you make another rock." Seeing the speedy records some of the other trainers are setting, she tries to find a way to shave time. "See those two dummies in that corner? When you get to those, run through them and swing your claws wide. Might be able to hit both at once."

This turns out not to be the case - the Anorith pings the first dummy as it leaps past, but faceplants as it tries to cleave into the other. Ajax calls out to him, saying it's okay - just finish it off and get back into the rhythm of moving and throwing.

Spoiler: Command!
    Show
    (3d6)[7]

She uses Focused Training, though it doesn't really do anything since attacks don't miss in this game. Assuming that they recover from the flub completely and position appropriately after each attack, Anorith can do this in 10 rounds:

0: Start on I19
    1: Ping F17, move to I15
    2: Ping F15, move to K13
    3: Ping J13, move to K11
    4: Ping H11, move to L9
    5: Shenanigans occur! Ping K9, move to K8.
    6: Ping L8, move to L7
    7: Ping L4, move to I7
    8: Ping G8, move to I5
    9: Ping G6, move to G5
    10: Ping D4

Iggy's route is necessarily quite different. "'Ll be a lot easier when we figure out rollout. Can still do two bird-shots, though..."

After reviewing a couple of creative routes involving climbing rocks and leaping around, the best route is again the most straightforward. He can run and pound each target around the field, and throw a rock at a difficult target when he can't quite get to anything in melee range. Ajax occasionally has to call out to her partner to get him to actually run, though. Iggy has gotten too used to riding on her shoulders all the time.

Spoiler: Command again!
    Show
    (3d6)[7]

The route makes use of Iggy's training on Mt. Moon. Smack Down gives a huge advantage that Ajax often takes for granted.

1: Move to G17, ping F17
    2: Move to G15, ping F15
    3: Move to J14, ping J13
    4: Move to K10, ping K9
    5: Move to L7, ping L8
    6: Move to L5, ping L4
    7: Move to I6, use Smack Down on D4
    8: Move to H7, ping G8
    9: Move to F7, ping E8
    10: Use Smack Down on H11, a shot from downtown to show off Focused Training some more.

Barboach is afraid of the targets and refuses to approach them for a struggle attack. Ajax has no recourse for this.

Her newest pokémon, not counting the one she can't show Rosie just yet, can burrow right under the rocky terrain but is stymied by the stone pedestals supporting a few targets. With Rosie's help, Ajax and Iggy try to educate the Drilbur on rock-throwing technique so he doesn't have to climb too far from the ground.

Spoiler: One more!
    Show
    (3d6)[12]

1: Ping F17 on the way to F16
    2: Ping F15, Burrow to E10
    3: Ping E8 on the way to D8
    4: Burrow to E5, ping D4
    5: Burrow to H7, ping G8
    6: Burrow to L5, ping L4

Here's where it gets a little tricky! Drilbur needs to pace himself because of Smack Down's cooldown.

7: Burrow to L9, ping L8
    8: Walk to J10, pick up a rock, Smack Down H11
    9: Ping K9
    10: Pick up another rock, Smack Down J13

18. - Top - End - #378

RedKnightGirl

Mark thinks for a bit and leans in to whisper to Vulpix. "Okay, I think I have a plan. No special attacks, him. That makes it tricky. Alright ready now, Serra!" The Vuplix yelps in reply and starts on the course too!

Spoiler
    Show
    Vulpix starts on e18.

R1: Quick Attack on f17, move to e15, climbing
    R2: Quick Attack on f15, move to e11
    R3: Move to f7, Quick Attack on e7
    R4: Quick Attack on f7, move to e5
    R5: Quick Attack on d4

Serra the vulpix finishes a couple seconds before Gawain, owing to her quick attacks, but overall the exercise is complete. Margaret can feel the real effort it takes to move those dummies. They are very hard and heavy and Gawain aches slightly from the exercise, but it's a good ache.

Iggy and Anorith make good time and reach a solid target for the course, but perhaps due to Ajax getting used to the course or the Drilbur's affinity for the earth, his time is several seconds faster. Ajax also notices a change in the Drilbur's attitude towards her. This exercise seems to have helped him trust the trainer.

Meanwhile, Constance's pokemon quickly begin to smash all previous records, occasionally using dummies as weapons to knock into others. Rosie takes note of this on the sidelines. Hitchcock is able to strike many targets at once with his flyby attacks and Abella using her size and bulk dominates the field, just barely missing her trick shot. Even Tru does well, not feeling particularly lazy today. He only comes in slightly behind the other trainers' pokemon.

Rosie smiles at the trainers' efforts. "Well done, I see some of you have been catching pokemon already. That's very good. Get a few of those trained up and I'll show you some real battling techniques. Right now, you should be thinking about what kind of pokemon you would like to put into your team. How will they work together in battle and how are you going to focus their training. Many of us in Goldenrod Gym are Normal Aces or Fairy Aces." She releases a pokeball at her waist and her large Kangaskhan pops out, towering over her. "You'll be sparring with her sometime soon, but I want my Little Cup to four in good shape for tonight. You know, Ajax and Constance you battle each other tonight so be ready!"

Spoiler: Ooc
    Show
    With that, you are free to spar, to leave to attend another class, or you can take up Rosie's suggestion to go on a catching field trip, look for your fire stones, or anything else you might want to do
    Last edited by CateranEnforcer; 2020-05-13 at 02:21 PM.

19. - Top - End - #379
    Ettin in the Playground

Margret went up to Mark after the activity, impressed by his Vulpix's performance. That was really impressive! she said. Gawain is a powerhouse, but he's not nearly as quick as your girl.

Margret paused for a second, considering. Eventually she decided to pull the trigger. Do you want to come to lunch with me? We can either go foraging and do it ourselves or head to the caf?

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #380
    Ettin in the Playground

While Iggy and the mole watch the footage of their own runs on Ajax's camera, Anorith pays close attention to Tru's run. The bug cheers for his rock-throwing sloth mentor and offers a high-five at the end. Or I guess a high-two, since neither of them really have fingers. Will they even be willing to fight each other later?

As the class winds down, Ajax looks through her gear, trying to decide whether to try Mia's or Bruce's class next. Outdoor and general care skills are what you go to camp for, right? On the other hand, between that and Mia's high profile, that might just mean her class fills up faster.

...she'll take this excuse to talk to Bruce about the thing again, assuming she has time before her match with Constance. She sends a text message to her co-conspirators to tell them as much.

21. - Top - End - #381
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Constance was pleased to see her team flow through the course as she had planned. It was heartening to see that her team, even the new ones, were willing to trust in her.
    She was also quite happy that Rosie did not seem to mind the damage to her course. On the contrary, she seemed to approve of Constance's resourcefulness, another source of pride for the young girl.

She let out a good laugh as the Anorith and Slakoth exchanged a greeting as Tru finally finished the course.

The happiness faded a bit at Rosie last sentence. Constance knew that fighting Ajax was a possibility, but she had hoped to delay that as long as possible. She didn't have many friends, and was worried about battling with one of her new ones.

Deciding to spend some time in the woods looking for possible team mates and getting Arabella and Hitchcock some battling in, Constance let the other know that she would head into the woods for a bit, and meet up with them later. There would be time for classes later, and being the first day they were likely to be packed.

Ping me on the Pokegear if something comes up, she says as she heads into the woods.

Spoiler
    Show

Perception check for Pokemon as she strolls along (4d6)[11]

22. - Top - End - #382

RedKnightGirl

Margaret
    Mark smiles at Margaret's compliment, "Yeah, she's quick, but she really prefers to use Ember. I think those dummies may have knocked her head around some."

"Yeah sure!" The boy seems a little surprised but happy. "Do you know how to forage for food? That'd be cool, I think. Everyone here seems super talented and here I am, not really sure what my 'style' is supposed to be. There's not really a lot of ways to learn about pokemon training in Ecruteak unless you like to dance. Where are you from?"

Ajax
    You make your way to the Pokemon center. the location of Bruce's classes. You arrive in time to see Charlotte arriving and she gives you a curt nod before heading inside. Once there, the interior of the pokemon center has few desks arranged to the right side in classroom-like rows. Chase is already here, seated at one of 4 PC's and it looks like he is deeply engaged with some kind of text based program. The young nurse behind the counter looks bored, but she greets you as you arrive with a rehearsed welcome line.

Bruce stands at the head of the class along along the far wall allowing him easy access to duck behind the Pokecenter's counter should he need to. He has a chalkboard at his back that looks recently erased and small desk of his own, piled high with papers and books. Upon it, also sits a baking sheet with a handful of some baked goodies on it.

"Ah, hello there! Come on in! It's been a bit of a slow start today, I think most of the other campers are looking for the more active classes today. I've made some Poffins for you and your pokemon. Please, help yourself!"

Constance
    You head off into the woods in search of pokemon. The sun is beginning to reach its Zenith as midday approaches. At this point you are still pretty close to the general campgrounds and can see and hear other campers in various directions. You quite easily can spot bug pokemon of all kinds that seem very prevalent around the park area. Still, you know that there has to be some unusual pokemon in this area as evidenced by Mia's ranch and your daycare pokemon.

Your map shows a few different choices of potential habitats available to explore. Westward the woods make way to a rocky cliff area near to wear Justin took you to look out to the ocean. Eastward is back towards the grassy fields of National Park. Southwards is near your cabin and the piney woods near Golden City were you've had your fair share of strange encounters. Northward is deep into the woods and a bit of a long trek around the rest of the camp, but is the most secluded.

23. - Top - End - #383
    Ettin in the Playground

I don't, Margret said in response to foraging. But I'm always game to try something once! Besides, with a Vulpix and a Growlithe how hard could it be?

Margret aught her breath when Mark mentioned Ecruteak City. Did that mean he knew Morty? Yeah, I'm not sure I know what kind of trainer I want to be either. I used to do the whole 'want to be champion' schtick, but I don't actually think I'd enjoy that much. I dunno, it sort of feels weird. I know most trainers find jobs, but how many do you meet that aren't working for the league. It's all we ever see on TV. I didn't realize till I got her just how many options there were.

I'm from here in Goldenrod. My parents didn't really want me to become a trainer, but I'm a pretty stubborn person when I put my mind to it. And ... well I have a few other things going for me. Arceus knows I don't want to be an accountant like them though. That seems so boring.

As the two head for the woods, she sends Gawain darting into the woods to start hunting for edible food. Meanwhile, she released Bors and held the Whilsmur in her arms, petting it to keep it from panicking.

Do you know Morty? I've always wanted to meet him. Actually, while I've been here I've begun to think that visiting him may be my next step after camp. I feel like he has a lot he could teach me

Spoiler
    Show
    Gawain Survival roll (2d6+2)[7]

I'm starting to think that she may explore a pokemon counseling type career path, helping trainers get in sync with their pokemon, or maybe pokemon ranger work. She's definitely beginning to realize that her powers are going to be a big help in finding a career that's good for her.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #384
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Looking over the map, Constance checked the time. Although she would really like to venture in deep to see what might be hiding out of plain sight, she knew she had a match tonight.
    The you girl had lost in many ways in her short years, but never by forfeit, and she didn't want to start now. The deep woods would have to wait.

Instead Constance made her wait back to the Piney woods south of their cabin, where many of the strange encounters had been so far.
    Returning Arabella to her Pokeball, she let Hitchcock sit on her should and have a bit of freedom while they walked. She wanted to her newest addition to continue bonding with her, and her experience at the day care center growing up taught her that a bit of trust and one on one time were usually the best way to make that happen.

25. - Top - End - #385
    Ettin in the Playground

"Poffins?"

Never in her life has Ajax actually tried one of these things before. You don't usually think of them as human food, and visual competitions haven't really caught on in her part of Kanto. But to see them, they just look like... rolls? Is it just a superficial resemblance, or has she passed them in the market a hundred times not knowing what they were?

"Thanks," she says, taking one for herself and wrapping up three others for the creatures now in their balls. Iggy is now back to riding on her shoulders and reaches down to pick out the spiciest-looking poffin for himself. Ajax then sets her backpack next to a desk, but doesn't sit down yet. It looks like Bruce has a moment before the next class starts.

"Heard anything new about the pictures from before?"

26. - Top - End - #386

RedKnightGirl

Margaret
    Mark shakes his head head. "I've never really met him and he isn't as public a figure as someone like Whitney seems to be. Ecrutreak is a small town, especially compared to Goldenrod. His gym does do a lot with the spiritual sites around town, but I think he just likes to stay out of the spotlight. I've only seen him a couple of time on TV in short interviews. Only a handful people witness his gym challenges, but they say you can't see much anyways it's so dark." Something seems to dawn on Mark. "I wonder if that means you'd be a good match for that, you think?"

Serra the Vuplix runs along to search with Gawain as the two sniff around for something to eat. A few minutes later, you see that they have happened across an Oran berry bush near a crop of rocks with a cave-like crack stretching vertically up a small plateau. Gawain stops close to the crack with his nose in the air, but doesn't seem to find anything. Still, he is cautious and makes no move towards it, making a small questioning yelp.

Constance
    You head out into the now familiar woods near your cabin. What qualifies as unusual around here may have different meaning after the recent events but you keep your eyes open nevertheless. Not interested in the run of the mill bugs and other common pokemon, you set out to look for something else.

It takes some time but you do happen upon something near the edge of the camp grounds, according to your map. You see a flash of fire and a whoosh of wind, like that of a pokemon attack. The smell of smoke stings your nose as something burns in the distance. You think you can see a flame even flicking through the trees and dry pine needles that carpet the gorund!

Ajax
    The poffin is about the text of a loaf of bread, but much sweeter with a hint of something grainy you can't quiet place. "Yes, these poffins are quite healthy for humans and pokemon alike. I make them with a special formula full of nutritious vitamins and provide energy."

At Ajax's question, Bruce replies, "Oh absolutely. You may find some more information of the topic on one of the PC's here, but what you've encountered is a rare phenomenon. It's a rather complicated matter, but in short you've encountered a mutation or evolution, we aren't quite sure which, that occurs very rarely with errors in pokemon storage. Sometimes our PC's or pokeballs malfunction in such a way that alters the nature of the pokemon contained within. CAL Industries even has developed a pokeball capable of holding these affected pokemon. I have a few extra here, should you come across more around camp. We don't expect you will, but you never can be too careful."

Bruce picks up a pokeball from behind the pokecenter counter and releases it as a familiar Skiddo pops out. It's leafy mane is ruffled slightly where Dr Mime cut him, but he seems perfectly fine and energetic even as it cozies up to the nurse. Charlotte watches closely from a desk a short distance away, while Chase is too embroiled in his own PC to notice much of what is going on around him.

"Now if you've come for a lesson today, seeing how there are so few of you, I can allow you to select a few topics to cover, from nutrition, to technology as is it relates to pokemon, or medical practices for both human and pokemon, as is my specialty of course."
    Spoiler: Health Diet
    Show
    You can pack up enough Poffins and learn what other healthy foods you can give your pokemon to make them strong! Any pokemon you choose to subject to this healthy diet can gain 1 HP stat point as if they had a vitamin!

27. - Top - End - #387
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

As they walk along the path, Constance talks softly to Hitchcock. She is just babbling about random things, trying to get the black bird used to her voice and hopefully help register it as one to be listened to. The smell of smoke tickles her nose, and brings her to full attention.
    Some of the ground seemed quite dry and a fire could easily get out of control. Also, chances are the source of the fire wasn't just burning things for fun; it very well could be in danger. Keeping an keen eye on the flames to ensure the fire doesn't spread, Constance slowly moves in towards the source of the flames. She keeps the Pokedex function ready incase she needs assistance in identifying the source of the flames.

Spoiler
    Show

Perception Check [roll]4d6[roll] [18 from OOC thread since I failed at rolling again]
    Last edited by Lorrel; 2020-05-27 at 11:14 PM.

28. - Top - End - #388
    Ettin in the Playground

Actually, well, I don't know how much you've heard, but I can see through the eyes of my Pokemon. So while it would probably be easier for me than most to battle in the dark, it'd still be really different. Actually that's one of the reasons I want to meet him so badly. He's the only person who has powers like mine that I've heard of.

She snags a few oran berries and offers one to Mark while popping another in her mouth. Want to go on an adventure she asked? grinning at where she assumed he was before giving Gawain the go ahead and following him into the cave.

You mentioned you weren't sure about what your style as a trainer was going to be, she said. Has anything jumped out at you while you've been here. The counselors have got me thinking a lot about what my future might be like even compared to last week before we came.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #389
    Ettin in the Playground

Iggy waves hi to the familiar skiddo between bites of poffin.

"Interesting. Yeah, that fits together," says Ajax, picking up one of the special balls when offered. Mew may insist on taking care of it herself, but if the vision was any indication there could have been a lot of pokemon affected.

"Topics all sound good," she smiles. She has a mind to ask about everything from when surgery is appropriate compared to a potion, to what this new ball does differently from a normal one that lets them catch glitched pokemon, to what goes into the fancy lassos the rangers use. She turns to Charlotte, figuring she'd benefit from hearing about anything she's interested in, too. "Any preference?"

30. - Top - End - #390

RedKnightGirl

Margaret
    Mark, looks at the cave with some nervousness, but seeing you come forward bravely he walks in step with you. "I guess that's what we are here for, isn't it?"

The thin crack light shines into the cave and the path narrows to the point that you have to walk sideways to squeeze through the opening. You hear the flapping of fleshy wings echoing through the cave as you enter. You hear the chitter of some kind of pokemon inside as well as a distance drop of water. Gawain smells they odor of rotting meat and swampy water further in, but cannot see much further into the cave. Mark replies as he squeezes up behind you. "Well, I kind of like a little bit of everything, it's hard to decide. It's all so interesting. I always thought of pokemon as something fun to do, not a job. Woah it's dark in here."

Spoiler: Poke Edu 5
    Show
    The chitter are of course Zubat echolocation.

Constance
    You are able to spot some details about the scene before you arrive. Firstly, you notice that the fire seems to be limited to a single tree so far about 3 feet up the trunk. However, it threatens to catch the pine needles on the ground as bits of charred wood and bark waft towards the ground. Secondly, you see a flock of Spearow fleeing the burning tree, but you hear the cry of other pokemon in the tree, unable to escape the flames. Thirdly, at the center of the blaze seems to be a worm like pokemon, which your pokedex identifies as a Larvesta. Though it seems more at home in the flames it is still a living being and the fire will overtake it as well in time.

Ajax
    Charlotte listens intently as Bruce talks and responds quickly when Ajax asks her a question. "I want to know more about this glitch. That's something about pokemon most people would know nothing about."

Bruce smiles,"Well, I'm afraid there's a lot to that, but you're absolutely right. Pokemon are very complicated creatures and our relationship to them is largely linked to technology and their peculiar DNA that allows them them to be stored digitally inside your pokeballs and a storage system that we can access with a PC. In fact, due in part to some of these failures some companies have been trying to improve on the storage system. As we found out, pokemon locked in storage for long periods of time can have problems. We've got a chance to work with a new PC storage system that keeps the pokemon more aware of their surroundings so that they not decay in such a way, In short, the pokemon are able to remain active even while in storage. Have a look at Chase over there."

Bruce gestures over to the boy who is too enthralled to notice that he is being mentioned. You can see on his PC screen is a pokemon, a Porygon. It is sitting in a digital grassy field and there seems to be an interface for interacting with the pokemon as well as a spot to place your pokebal to be stored. "Go ahead, give it a try. Place a pokemon on the reciever."
    Last edited by CateranEnforcer; 2020-06-02 at 04:58 PM.