New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

Margret sighed. Yeah, and there's a bunch of Zubat from the sound of it. And the stench of rotting meet if Gawain's nose is any indication, and it usually is.

It might be tricky if the Zubat attack when they're the only ones who can see. Unless you have any great ideas, I vote we pass. I guess I'm not as brave as I thought I was.
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

World at War (PTA) as Francis May

GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Constance's first thought as she saw the scene in front of her was fear at the absolute chaos that looked about to unfold. So much was going wrong at the same time.

Then, she forced herself to focus on one problem at a time. Surely this wasn't the first time a fire Pokemon had almost started a forest fire, and there had to be a way to mitigate the damage.

The Larvesta that her Pokedex identified was safe for a bit, and the Spearow who had likely agitated it in the first place had fled. That left the creeping fire, and the trapped Pokemon as the priorities.

Moving closer to try and see what might be trapped, Constance let Hitchcock fly up into the air.

Make sure those Spearow stay back, Hitch, and be ready when I call for you. I might need you to flap really hard to try and put out the flames, or at least blow the debris away.

Constance hoped the dark bird was listen, and would be up for the task if needed. The small bird didn't have the ability for a powerful gust, but anything could be better than nothing. Plus, if all else failed, Arabella could trench the area around the tree to stop the spread. That truly was a last resort as Constance would rather not destroy more of the camp after her display at the target range.

None of that mattered much if she could not get the trapped critters out. As she got closer, she spoke softly to any Pokemon in the tree, including the Larvesta.

It's ok guys, I am here to help. I can get you out of the fire if you trust me. My friend in the sky will keep those birds away so we can focus on getting out of danger.

Her interactions with Mew showed that some Pokemon understood more than others, but she had no idea how much these ones understood. She just had to trust in her abilities; back at the Day Care she had been able to gain the trust of Pokemon easier than others, and she hoped that would carry over to now as well.

Spoiler
    Show

Now we're rollin
    Constance uses Number Barrage. It's Super Effective!
    Constance Focus Roll (4d6)[11]
    Command Roll for Hitchcock (3d6)[10]
    Charm Roll for wild Pokemon (4d6)[13]
    Pokepsycolygist to improve disposition (PokeEd) (4d6)[20]
    Perception to spot the Pokemon still in the tree (4d6)[16]

3. - Top - End - #393
    Ettin in the Playground

Ajax is going through her balls to decide which of her new pokemon to throw in, but Iggy's bravery kicks in and he jumps up onto the receiver to volunteer.

4. - Top - End - #394
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Margaret
    "Well, maybe I have an idea." Mark takes out his pokegear and activates the screen. The light from the monitor casts a dim glow in his face as it boots up. He turns it around towards the cave, which allows you to see a short ways into the cave. From what you can see it doesn't look too large, and in fact there a number of unnaturally jagged edges like someone took a chisel to the walls.

Some Zubat flutter nervously on the ceiling and retreat further back when the light of the pokegear washes over them. "It doesn't look too deep, but it's hard to tell I guess. We can leave if it makes you nervous though."

Constance
    Hitchcock flies up and the three spearow nearby flutter farther away, but ornery birds do not wander far. They may try and take advantage of the situation.

In the meantime, you hear cries from inside the fire. A sentret responds to your call and comes into view, but cannot escape the flames. You hear another high pitched cry, but no other pokemon comes into view.

Cool under the pressure, Constance is able to focus on the open areas of the flames and remembers that heat and fire tends to rise. You see a number of escape routes that the pokemon in the fire might not see beneath them, but they will have to brave the hottest part of the fire to get through. Fanning the flames may make it worse in the long run, but could suppress it long enough to escape.

More embers fall to the ground and burn slowly, but do not seem to catch the piney floors alight.

Spoiler: Pokemon Edu 4
    Show
    The cry sounds like a bug type.
    Spoiler: Pokemon Edu 7
    Show
    The cry is a Ladyba.

Ajax
    Iggy's ball rests on the receiver, and after a few moments of loading, you see the Jigglypuff appear in the virtual field. You see a number of options pop up on the bottom of the screen.

Bruce explains,"Here you can choose some options to interact with your pokemon. There are some treats you can feed them and toys you can add to this virtual box. You can even set a training routine up to keep your pokemon active and in shape. It's not as effective as the real thing, but your pokemon will not be bored. You can even interact with other trainers' boxes if they allow it."

Charlotte sits down next to you and places a pokeball on the receiver and an image of her heracross appears. "What does it feel like to the pokemon?"

"We can't be one hundred percent sure, but we have tested it and it seems like many pokemon enjoy it!"

Iggy explores the blank, green field and looks back at Ajax inquisitively through the monitor. Looks like you have a number of options, including feeding him berries and puffins, playing catch, setting up a training course, linking to other boxes, and sending in more pokemon to join him.
    Last edited by CateranEnforcer; 2020-06-08 at 04:57 PM.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Ettin in the Playground

Ajax inquisitively taps on the monitor itself and waves to see if Iggy can see her through it. It probably has a touchscreen and camera built-in to accommodate such interaction.

She tries spawning a couple of items in the virtual playpen. "Gotta be weird, right?" she wonders aloud. "A pokémon's born and raised outside. Can simulated berries have any nutritional value to them, or is it just a taste stimulus?"

6. - Top - End - #396
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

As the flames flickered, Constance reflected on how different real life was from her studies. She could read books about things all day and think she knew about them, but then was faced with them in person everything was completely different.
    Take bug Pokemon for instance. Sure everyone knew the giant outliers like Heracross or Scyther, but in general Constance had always pictured bug Pokemon as rather small. For a rescue, she could just rush in and scoop the Larvesta and run back out, nice and easy.

It was a good plan, until she got close enough to see it. And then she realized her mistake, and checked some of the finer details in the Pokedex. The tiny larva she had pictured in her mind was over a meter long and almost as big as she was. The only way she could get it out of the tree was to convince it to move, or inside a pokeball. Having a battle with in the midst of a fire seemed unwise, so she needed to convince it to come down or get in the ball.

Scanning the sky Constance saw that Hitchcock's defense was working, but as soon as he turned his back he was liable to get some company. Releasing Arabella away from the tree and between it and the birds, Constance directs the Onix. OK Bella, keep an eye on the skies. If those Spearow try and get in the way, knock them out of the air.
    Constance hoped that their natural fear would keep them away while Arabella stood guard.

Constance was able to identify the missing Pokemon as a Ledyba. At least it was not likely to be hostile and should hopefully go along with the rescue.
    Please listen, I need you to get out of the tree, both of you. This fire will get out of control fast. Get your Ledyba partner up here quickly. My friend in the sky is going to try and blow back the flames. You can make it out by going down, Constance points a path out to the Sentret. It will be hot but if you rush through you can make it. Grab you friend in the tree, and I will get that one, she says indicating the Larvesta.

Addressing the white larva, she tries to turn the charm up to 11. She really needs this guy to come along without a fight otherwise they would both be in danger.

It's ok. I know those birds were picking on you and you are scared, but I can get you out of here. The fire might be nice and warm for now, but soon it will get out of control and you'll be trapped. If you trust me, I can get you out, and keep you safe from those birds. Please, if you get in the ball I can keep you safe. I am trusting you, putting myself in danger to help, so please trust me too.
    She holds up a Pokeball as she talks, hopefully getting her meaning across.

Placing her Tru filled bag down on the ground, Constance moves closer to the tree to the edge of where it starts to get a bit too hot. Tru sleepily crawls out of the bag to see what is going on. He crawls a bit closer to the warm fire, but doesn't do much else

Ok, Hitchcock, try and give us a way out. Blow the flames back as best you can!
    Sentret, Ledyba, now's the time. Head down the tree and get free.

Taking a few deep breaths, Constance rushes forwards as Hitchcock starts flapping. She makes straight for the Larvesta and holds out the Pokeball. She holds her breath a bit as she touches the Pokemon with the ball, hoping it comes without a fuss.

Spoiler
    Show

Charm Roll for Sentret/Ledyba (4d6)[8]
    Charm Roll for Larvesta (4d6)[10]
    Command Roll for Hitchcock (3d6)[9]
    Command? roll for Ledyba/Sentret (3d6)[9]
    Poke Psychologist roll for Larvesta (4d6)[13]
    Focus roll for Constance (4d6)[17]

7. - Top - End - #397
    Ettin in the Playground

Let's go for it! What's life without a little adventure.. Gawain and Margret stayed close to Mark and his light source before Margret remembered she could voice command hers to do the same. She tried to avoid stepping in Zubat Guano as they entered the cave, but she was sure she'd have some cleaning to do when she got back to the cabin.

Be ready in case things go sideways, she whispered to Gawain.

Spoiler
    Show

Perception (gawain) (3d6+1)[14]
    Perception (margret, hearing only) (1d6)[6]

Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2020-06-14 at 01:49 PM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #398

RedKnightGirl

Ajax
    As you fiddle with the interface, a few toys and treats appear in front of Iggy. "The berries aren't real food, it's just stimulation as you say. That is another project that is being worked on right now, in fact. Can we digitize food to feed our pokemon in storage? Can we train them or tutor them as well. It's really an exciting time. Research is slow going as great care must be taken to avoid harming the pokemon subjects."

While Bruce is speaking, you feel a jiggling among your pokeballs. Before you have a chance to chance to grab it, a pokeball jumps off you belt an onto the receiver as if it is magnetically attracted to it. You quickly realize that it is THAT pokeball. Abnomal pixels appear your screen and Iggy casts a worried look in your direction. The amorphous pokemon appears next to him and it bobs up and down menacingly. Anything it touches in the digital world becomes jagged and corrupted as it moves about the field.

"What was that!?" exclaims Chase as the boy finally looks up from his own screen with concern.

Constance
    In a flurry of commands, your pokemon spring into action. Hitchcock flaps his wings creating a temporary lull in the flames. The wild pokemon in the tree do seem to understand the opportunity you are giving them, but it doesn't go quite as planned. The Sentret takes the chance to leap from the burning tree, rather than attempt to help the Ladyba. It lands solidly on the ground, and tries to scamper away, but in it's haste it seems to have hurt something. It limps a short distance away to hide behind a tree. The Ladyba left to it's own devices, spreads it's shell to take flight. This seems to work fine, but it energizes the watching Spearow into action and one swoops down to attack, followed by several more.

To your relief, the Larvesta has had enough and seems to trust you enough to grant it safety inside your ball. However, Hitchcock cannot keep the gusts of air up for long, and the flames return, bigger and hotter than before. You are burned for your troubles and pushed away by the intense heat, but you maintain your concentration long enough to get the Larvesta out of there.

Abella roars as a duo of Spearow fly around her face trying to peck at her eyes. You take stock of all that has happened. The Sentret is safe. The Ladyba and Abella are under attack from Spearow. Larvesta is safely tucked away. Perhaps most importantly, the tree is falling to pieces as burning branches fall all around you, starting to catch the forest floor alight.

Margaret
    Moving deeper into the cave, you see definite signs of carving or chipping on the walls. The dim light of your pokegear allows Gawain to see pretty well, perhaps better than Mark. He is able to notice chippings from stone walls and you're pretty sure these are fragments of pokemon fossils! There are no complete ones that you can see, but you definitely can make out some pieces of stony carapace.

Mark takes a lead spot, despite looking pretty nervous. Gawain sees him almost trip on something, and barks out a warning to you. The loyal Growlithe pushes you aside to avoid some unseen danger which you only notice after the fact. "Hey, I'm stuck!" Mark calls out and Gawain whines as well. Both seem to have been caught by a thread of a sticky web. Mark's pokegear drops tot he ground and clatters a short distance away, revealing a small pokemon stuck in a web next to him. Several green bug pokemon skitter out of the shadows to see what they have caught this time.

Spoiler: All
    Show
    Maps coming soon if needed! First chance I've had to sit at my desk in many days and ya'll were my first priority! Moving is hard yo.
    Last edited by CateranEnforcer; 2020-06-21 at 09:35 PM.

9. - Top - End - #399
    Ettin in the Playground

"Hey!" Ajax fumbles and whiffs a tackle for the rogue ball as it jumps to the pad and joins Iggy in the virtual playpen. The glitched monster is hard to make out among all of the environment corruption it introduces, but it looks like it's gotten stronger since she originally caught it.

Her breathing stutters with panic, but of course she already has the perfect solution for this problem. She picks up the special ball that Bruce just gave her and knocks on the glass of the monitor. "Hey! Get out of there, you."

Not being much of a negotiator, Ajax doesn't wait to reason with it more than that. She plops the special ball on the pad and hits the control to extract the creature.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

As the flames roar around her, Constance wonders exactly what she has gotten herself into. A week ago a fire was a cozy place to sit and read, today it was a monster that could very well kill her.
    Although her plan had worked, it was not without cost. The Spearow had returned, and Constance herself had been hurt by the flames. Hitchcock had done more than Constance could have hoped, but it was not enough to let her escape unscathed.

Moving away from the fire, Constance takes stock of the situation. The Ledyba was in danger, Arabella was being assaulted, and the tree was coming down, and fast. The tree was the priority, but the birds were not going to let that happen, at least not yet. Thankfully they did not seem overly brave, so if she could quickly turn the tables on them, they may retreat.

Taking a deep breath to steady herself against the pain, Constance shouts out some orders. Trying to conserve her strength, she forgoes giving focused instructions and lets her partners abilities carry the load.

Ok Bella, this birds need a lesson. Take them down quick. Rock Tomb on the leftmost. Bring him to the ground!
    Constance is slightly surprised at the anger in her words. These birds have definitely pushed her past irritated.

Hitchcock, you're next. Time to repeat our workout from earlier! Swing around the run them through with a Steel Wing. If the Ledyba can flee the birds may lose interest.

With her orders given, Constance crouches a bit by the tree, keeping an eye on the fire to gauge their time.

Spoiler
    Show

Constance shifts away from the fire into G5

Arabella uses Rock Tomb(AC3)
    Hit: (1d20+2)[9] (Focus Training, no orders)
    Damage: (2d8+31)[41] Rock Type Physical Damage

Hitchcock shifts into D4
    Hitchcock executes Steel Wing (AC3, Pass) ending in G1 (in black border, I placed him as close as I could)
    Hit: (1d20+2)[8] (Focus Training, no orders)
    Damage: (2d6+27)[32] Steel Type Physical Damage

11. - Top - End - #401

RedKnightGirl

Ajax

Placing the ball on the receiver unfortunately doesn't heaved the intended effect. The pokemon resists and not contained. Instead, a new button appears on the screen showing the pokeball ready to be thrown. You see it stick out an appendage to wave back and forth and suddenly a barrier is erected between it and Iggy. It turns it's attention on the boundaries of the grass field as if looking for an escape.

Spoiler
    Show
    Map is up!

??? Uses Metronome!
    ??? Uses Barrier!

Constance
    Abella's attack sends a Spearow tumbling out of the air in a single hit. The other one takes this chance to strike at Abella's eyes and succeeds with a flurry if vicious pecks.

Hitchcock catches the two spearow off guard and his hit hurts them badly, but the ornery birds retaliate furiously, landing many sharp attacks with their beaks.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spearow 3 uses Fury Attack on Abella. [20]Critical hit! 3 Strikes.
    47 Physical Normal damage!

Spearow 1 uses Fury Attack on Hitchcock! [18] 2 Strikes!
    24 Physical Normal damage!

Spearow 2 uses Fury Attack on Hitchcock! [11] 3 Strikes!
    28 Phydical Normal damage!

Spearow 1 and 2 are below 50% HP
    Last edited by CateranEnforcer; 2020-06-25 at 10:16 AM.

12. - Top - End - #402
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Hitchcock's attack had struck true, but he had taken a massive beating in return. If this were a league match she would recall him immediately, but but could she afford to do so now? Or should she let him fight on? No, Constance was not going to risk her friend; she would find another way.

Great work Hitchcock, come on back.

Ok Tru, I wanted to keep you rested for your match but we need you.
    Constance was glad she had deposited the fluff ball onto the ground prior to running into the fire, it should have woken the lazy pokemon up.

Tru, Rock Tomb on the one closest to us. Let them know they are not welcome here!

Great work Arabella, keep it up. Drop the other one quick and we may make it out of this!
    Arabella had taken down one of her attackers, and the return damage had not been too bad, despite the nasty look of the hit. She let out a bellow and struck at the attacking bird, hoping to silence it as well.

Constance felt a sharp pain as she went about her actions. She had overdone it, and was feeling the burn.

Spoiler
    Show

Arabella uses Rock Tomb on the right Spearow.
    Attack (AC3) (1d20+2)[11]
    Damage (2d8+31)[42] Rock Type Physical Damage

Truant Roll (1d20)[14]
    Tru uses Rock Tomb on the one closest to the ledyba in the tree.
    Attack (AC3) (1d20+2)[20]
    Damage (2d6+30)[35]

Constance takes a tick of HP
    Constance Focus check (4d6)[12]

13. - Top - End - #403
    Ettin in the Playground

Margret's breath caught as she realized they'd walked right into a trap. She stumbled over the Mark, while telling Gawain. Let off a few bursts of fire, but try not to hurt them. Give them a show to get them to back off.

As Gawain set off bursts of fire over the heads of the bugs to try and keep them back, Margret started talking to Mark. Where do you keep your Pokeballs? If I can release your Vulpix we'll be in a better situation, then I can see about getting you out fo this thing. Where are you caught at? I can't see anything right now with Gawain scaring them off.

Spoiler
    Show
    Gawain uses his firestarter capability to send jets of nondamaging fire towards the green bugs. I'm rolling intimidate (2d6)[9]

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #404
    Ettin in the Playground

Ajax growls in frustration. She's never been much for videogames.

"Said I was going to keep you safe and I meant it!" she says. "Iggy! Run around and catch up! Don't let them get away!"

Ajax watches the screen carefully as the camera follows Iggy around the barrier. She remembers the warning that Ditto and Mr. Mime tried to give her. This is a risky fight, but Pokemon Rangers have to make tough decisions sometimes.

She tries to wrap her head around the ball controls, readying herself to throw one as soon as Iggy puts the mischievous glitch to sleep. With her luck, each attempt will somehow expend a real-life pokeball on the pad.

15. - Top - End - #405

RedKnightGirl

Constance
    Tru and Abella's rock attacks make quick work of the spearow, the last remaining of which flies up high to escape rather than fight. The burn ruins Constance's concentration however, as the fire behind her begins to spread across the ground.

Margaret
    Gawain's fire burns away the webs he is stuck in and the spinarak look taken aback for a moment before chittering aggressively. You can see some trapped pokemon covered in webbing behind them.

Mark struggles with the web he is stuck in, "Uh actually..Serra is behind you..."

Spoiler
    Show
    Have a Map! The Spinarak are terrorized this round but not compelled to flee.

Ajax
    The strange pokemon looks irritated as it turns to face Iggy. It extends two appendages and claps them together to make a loud boom, but Iggy seems to shake it off without much trouble.

Spoiler
    Show
    ??? uses Sonic Boom! [6] Miss!

16. - Top - End - #406
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Constance let out a sigh of relief as both Tru and Arabella's rocks struck home and caused the last bird to flee. With the annoying birds gone, she could finally try and find a way to get this fire under control. Initially the plan had been to try some clever tactic to put the fire out with little damage to the area, but the Spearow fight had taken its toll. The burns from the fire had left Constance's concentration broken, and no clever ideas were forthcoming. With the flames starting to spread along the ground, she decided that a direct approach was best. Better to do a bit of damage and get out safely than to try and be a hero. Fire fighting training was not really part of her education.

Wincing slightly from the pain, Constance recalled Tru to his Pokeball to lighten her load. Turning to Arabella, Constance gave the order.
    Ok Bella, no time for fancy. Burrow just below the surface and churn the tree and embers into the ground, then expand the trench outward to prevent any further spread.

Thankfully the rock hardened Onix had far less to fear from the flames then Constance did, and would be in little danger while she worked.

Spoiler
    Show

Plan is for Arabella to burrow using Groundshaper, dropping the tree into the ground and then expand the broken ground almost to the trees, creating a churned gravel area smothering the fire and keeping any stray embers from reaching the tree.

17. - Top - End - #407
    Ettin in the Playground

"Lullaby, Iggy! Let's put 'em back to bed!"

Iggy dutifully uses his go-to move, which comes out like a retro chiptune over the computer's speakers. Once it's asleep, Ajax executes Plan A and throws the digital ball at the digital monster.

18. - Top - End - #408
    Ettin in the Playground

Looks like those spiders have some Pokemon tied up in the back, she said as helped Mark extricate himself from the remainder of the webs. Seems like its time to help them out and put those lessons to the test, huh? Gawain, let's see if we can really break their spirit and scare them off for good. Use Roar!

Mark, take advantage of when they flee to see if you and Serra can free those Pokemon in the web!

Gawain paced forwards eagerly, filling his lungs with air and waiting to see what the spiders would do.

Spoiler
    Show
    Gawain does nothing until the end of the round, as per Roar's description. At the end of the round he'll take his move as normal to put himself within Burst 1 of the maximum number of Spinarak as possible based on their arrangement.

They must move away using their highest movement capability

EDIT: Also Margret will use inspired training to give Gawain +1 to evasion, for a total of Evade 3 for Physical/Special/Speed
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2020-07-06 at 11:09 AM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #409

RedKnightGirl

Margaret

"Got it!"

The Spinarak move forward on invisible strings of web, keeping close to the walls of the cave. They cover the girl and her he in sticky silk, while another shoots poison spines from it's mandibles. two others do the same to Serra the Vuplix. Gawain feels the poison take hold and wear him down as he moves forwards and lets out a mighty roar that echos almost deafeningly in this tiny space, causing three zubat to flee the cave entirely and all the Spinarak flee to the corners of the room.

"Now Serra, let them loose!" The Vulpix rushes to the back of the cave to the two trapped pokemon and gently tries to burn away the webbing. She is able to free one of them, an exhausted looking Cutiefly. It lies on the ground, half conscious.

Spoiler
    Show
    Two of the Spinarak attack Serra with String Shot and Poison sting.

Gawain and Margaret are hit by String shot. Speed lowered one stage.

Another Spinarak uses Poison sting on Gawain! [18] Hit!, 19 Physical Poison damage and Gawain is poisoned!

Roar's effect is increased due to the small space! All Spinarak and Zubat flee! Zubat leave the cave, while the Spinrak cower in the corner.

Ajax

The Lullaby is successful, sending the odd pokemon to sleep. At least you think so. It's hard to tell, but it certainly becomes less active. Ajax drags the ball with one figure and flicks it towards the slumbering anomaly and the special ball seems made for the purpose of catching it. You see if wobble three times hear that satisfying click. The ball materializes again at the input terminal, once again back in real space.

"Whoa! What was that thing?" Chase exclaims with shock and interest. Strangely enough, you see his Porygon peaking it head into Iggy's grassy landscape, as if the digital pokemon cares not for the boundaries set forth by it's designers.

Spoiler
    Show
    You caught ???. With a little bit of study and training, it's full stat block will be revealed, but for now, it will not be able to break free from that ball.

Constance

Abella's efforts churn the ground and create an area safe from the fires. It appears under control, at least at the ground level. The one burning tree cracks and leans, threatening to fall over.

Before much else happens, you hear the sound of something big galloping towards you. In an instant, a large Arcanine with a uniformed man rushes onto the scene. He calls out orders to his pokemon, who lets loose a Fire Spin that quickly engulfs the tree, incinerating parts of it instantly and burning a circular ring around it, not unlike Abella's trench.

"Careful now, get back! The Rangers have it under control now!"
    Last edited by CateranEnforcer; 2020-07-07 at 09:25 PM.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Ettin in the Playground

"Guess the meowth's out of the bag," Ajax sighs. "Think it's one of the affected pokemon we were talking about a minute ago." She turns Nurse Bruce sheepishly. "The, uh, same one from the footage I gave you, actually. Haven't named it yet."

She withdraws Iggy from the machine as the conversation continues. "Kind of a relief, really. We can study it safely now that we have these balls, right?"

21. - Top - End - #411
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Constance is happy to comply with the order, relieved that help had arrived. Although she may have been doing OK, a forest fire is not the place for on the job learning.
    Watching the Arcanine spring into action, Constance lets out Woah....

Backing away from the tree Constance looks over to the ranger. Wow, I never knew you could fight fire with... fire... Constance turns bright red as she finishes and realizes how silly she must sound.

Um, thank you for your help. I was out for a walk when I saw the fire and investigated. I found a flock of Spearow attacking a Larvesta, with a Sentret and Ledyba caught in the burning tree. I managed to get the Larvesta, Sentret and Ledyba out, although the Sentret hurt his leg. I drove off the Spearow,
    Constance motions to the birds on the ground, and was running out of ideas with the fire. Sorry about ripping up the ground. I figured a trench would help stop the fire.
    Oh, I am Constance, one of the campers. I suppose I should have started with that... Kind of frazzeld from the fire,
    she says, pointing to her burns.

22. - Top - End - #412
    Ettin in the Playground

Gawain growled in pain as the stinger lodged in his hide. While she couldn't do anything about the poison going through his bloodstream, she could try and finish this up as quickly as possible.

They're scared! Keep up the pressure to see if you can keep them afraid just for a few more seconds Gawain! Margret told him. The two charged forwards, Gawain turning his head regularly so Margret had at least a bit of a view of where she was headed as she ran for Sera.

Gawain ground to a halt and let out an intimidating growl while spitting more fire in the spiders direction. Sera, if you could try and remove the rest of the webbing, I'd greatly appreciate it, Margret whispered as she scooped up the Cuteifly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Gawain takes poison damage.

Margret runs forwards to grab the Cutefly. She then uses Critical Moment on Gawain to triple the bonuses from Focused and Inspired training. Gawain now has Evasion 4 across the board.

Gawain uses Intimidate as a swift action at the H11 Spinarak. It has -1 attack CS. He then uses his Firestarter capability to make another intimidation check. (2d6+6)[12]

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #413

RedKnightGirl

Ajax
    Bruce seems more intrigued than surprised as he replies. "That's a very unusual pokemon you have come across there. It looks like it moves through the computer system as well as a Rotom or Porygon. Better keep it away from the PC system until you have trained it. I've spoken with one of our administrators and apparently this is not the first time something like that has been found. No two are alike and they are extremely rare. You may want to take some time to try and get to know it better, now that you can recall it whenever you want to. Regular pokeballs fail after some time trying to hold them."

Constance
    "No problem, I'm Ranger Rick. These kind of fires aren't bad once in a while, but we do have to make sure they are contained. I should have been here faster. You may want to stay away next time." The man keeps an eye on the fire to make sure it stays contained within his Arcanine's circle, but otherwise lets it burn.

"I did come prepared, here rub this on your burn!" He tosses you a package of burn cream, not unlike a Burn Heal given to pokemon when they battle. "Did any pokemon get hurt by the fire, yours or wilds?"

Margaret
    "I've got an idea! Serra use Roar too!" Serra makes to obey her trainer while Gawain intimiadtes the spinrak who are already starting to creep away as their ambush is ruined. When the Vuplix runs up behind them and lets loose with her own Roar, more of a high pitched squeal than Gawain's, but it has a similiar effect. This time the only way to retreat is out of the caves entrance, and the terrified Spinarak skitter outside.

Your ears ring as you recover from the loud reverberating sounds, but everything not tied up in webbing has fled the cave, leaving just the Cutiefly and one struggling pokemon.
    Last edited by CateranEnforcer; 2020-07-20 at 08:52 PM.

24. - Top - End - #414
    Ettin in the Playground

"Noticed that, yeah," says Ajax regarding the containment failure. She picks up the ball, looks up at Bruce and nods with renewed determination. "I'll learn everything I can. Need to be nicer to it, too. Dangerous as she is, she's already been through a lot, I think."

Ajax's decision to switch the monster's pronouns mid-thought is pretty arbitrary, but it's easier to remember to be nice to something when you're referring to it as you might a person. She's about to ask whether there are any other lessons that the class can finish, but then she probably notices Chase and Charlotte eyeing her expectantly. After hearing how rare and special this new pokemon is, how are they supposed to concentrate on anything else?

"...think we have time to go outside and play with her a bit before the little cup?"

25. - Top - End - #415
    Ettin in the Playground

Well that didn't seem like a conventional way to solve a problem, but it seemed to work out alright. Margret said as Gawain started letting loose little bouts of fire to char the webbing. She took a second to apply a potion to his coat, which soothed some of the wounds even if the poison didn't go away. His fire made it easier for her to tear it all away, releasing the final pokemon that had been captured.

A part of Margret felt bad. After all the Spinarak did need to eat, and Gawain certainly wasn't an Herbivore. However she wished the spiders had just put these pokemon out of their misery instead of keeping them alive and trapped. You two ok? Any bad scrapes? It ended up going alright all things considered, and we had really good synergy!

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #416
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Constance happily takes the cream and applies it to the burned areas. Although painful, Constance realized that the experience definitely gave her more insight into what her Pokemon go through intheir battles.

Thank you for the cream, it definitely helps. No pokemon were hurt by the fire that I saw, just the injury to the Sentret as it jumped from the tree.
    Looking up to the sky, Constance asks How did you get here so fast? Do you have eyes in the sky looking for fires? I imagine this kind of thing happens quite often, especially with all the invasive species around.

27. - Top - End - #417

RedKnightGirl

Spoiler: All
    Show
    Gain 80 PExp for your pokemon, Divided how you choose!

Ajax
    Bruce nods, "Absolutely. I'm quite curious about it myself. Here, let me take you to a safe place behind the pokemon center. This could be a learning experience for us all!" The nurse leads you through the door behind the pokemon centers's counter. You walk past a row of extra healing capsules down a short hallway with a handful of closed doors, but the labels on them indicate that are used for more traditional healing. There's even a staff break room by the looks of it before you get to the back door.

Outside there are some enclosures, some containing small pokemon. The whole area is surrounded by high fences and Bruce leads you to a large activity area, with some real life versions of some of the pokemon toys you saw in the PC. "Here you can measure the pokemon's weight and evaluate it's health. You may be able to find out some of it's strengths and moves as well in time. It may be unruly at first though." Bruce gestures towards a scale in the corner, as well as some soft medicine balls for training. The other campers follow and watch from the entrance for now.

Spoiler
    Show
    Your pokemon definitely has the Wired Capability!

Margaret
    "Wrf, thhhfff wsss pfffh grfff."Is all you here from Mark as your ears are still ringing from the echoing roars of both of your pokemon. It also looks as though his leg was stuck in some of the Spinarak webbing and he was pulling at it to try and dislodge himself without much luck.

"Woah that's a cool pokemon."Mark utters as Gawain frees the second pokemon and the ringing in your ears subsides. Next to the tired Cutiefly is a humaniod pokemon, which can be identified as a Meinfoo by your pokedex. Definitely not a Johto native by your reckoning. The boy seems to forget for a moment that he is stuck, but recovers and calls Serra over to free him.

Lastly, you notice something glinting on the ground behind previously trapped pokemon. Like a shard of something...

Constance
    Rick pats his Arcanine on the back. "This guy can smell the smoke of a forest fire before we can even see if over the tree tops. It's good for the forest once in a while, but in the case we need to keep it under control. But yeah, this pine trees were not made for fire types running around, they burn too good. They were planted before the war, when all had were bugs, bugs, and more bugs. It's really shifted the ecosystem around here. Hey, need some Charcoal?" He points at the edge of the fire that seems to be burning itself out. The outside ring is charred black and white, and is down to just smoldering cinders. "Sometime you can harvest a Fire Stone out of these fires, like the one my pokemon has here." You now see that dangling around the Arcanine's neck is a black yet shiney stone, almost like obsidian.

28. - Top - End - #418
    Ettin in the Playground

"Cool."

Ajax takes a deep breath, releases the new pokemon into the room, and squats down to meet it at eye level. "Hey, you. Kind of scared us for a minute. Gonna behave yourself now?"

She tentatively reaches out her hand to pet the little slime. The worst part is that this is probably the friendliest gesture this creature has ever gotten in its life, not counting Iggy's lullabies.

"Been thinking about a name for you, and I came up with Surin. What do you think?"

29. - Top - End - #419
    Ettin in the Playground

Margret was lucky that Gawain caught a glimpse of whatever the stone was, and she scooped it up and tucked it into her pocket. Wasn't one of the councilors super into rocks?

She scooped up the two pokemon and heads over to where Serra is freeing mark. Sorry about that. I guess I ddin't think about how that would end up when we were in a cave. I'm still really new to all of this, honestly.. She helped Serra clear off the last remains of the webbing.

You ok? Obviously a little sticky, but otherwise? We should get these two out of here before those spiders start coming back. The pokedex says they're called Cuteifly and Mienfoo. Neither are from Johto though.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #420
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Definitely a handy skill to have. And if it makes you feel any better, at least this fire was started by a bug, Constance says with a smile.
    When the ranger mentions fire stones can sometimes be found in the charred remains, Constance looks surprised. Really? I had no idea stones could be formed in that way. I guess I didn't pay enough attention in school. I think I will take a quick look and see what I can find before heading back. I don't have a use for a fire stone, but my friend's Growlithe should be able to put it to use some day. Might help keep me safe from random forest fires!

Constance carefully checks through any areas of the burn that seem safe with Arabella helping shift the ash around, bagging a bit of charcoal and looking to see if there are any stones. After her search, Constance says goodbye to the ranger and heads back to the camp. She and Tru had a match to get ready for.

Spoiler
    Show

Perception Roll for the search (4d6)[16]
    Focus Roll to handle the search safely (4d6)[13]