Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 356
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    Margret simply nods and follows along, enjoying the scent of flowers and willing to let her companions take the lead for now.
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

    Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

    Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

    World at War (PTA) as Francis May

    GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

  2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RedKnightGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2016

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    The four of you begin to once again focus on your task at hand. The trail ahead seems to wind in no particular direction, allowing people to choose their own path through it. Upon glancing at the first plaque, it proclaims the following:

    Memorial Trail
    A place for contemplation and reflection on the the past.

    As you walk the paths, you see a number of smaller plaques along the ground each listing names, events, or battles. Some are generically dedicated to veterans while others mention specific names and situations. Also paired with many of these are small statuettes of various native pokemon, mostly bug pokemon. These statuettes come with an educational paragraph or two not unlike a pokedex entry. You even see a few packages with clues attached meant for other groups.

    You finally come across a shady spot near a tree line marking the edge of the park that has a stone bench, a small package, and a plaque with a Scyther statuette. In this more remote corner of the park, you can see a handful of wild pokemon on the way. Constance can point out Caterpie and Weedle creeping around the bushes. A Butterfree flitters in the distance, drawn to the flowering plants. You even scare away a few Spearow who were pecking curiously at the package.

    The plaque upon which your package sits writes about the Articuno's impact on the Kanto-Johto war. She brought cold winds and snow to the southern waters, forming icebergs and forcing native pokemon to move or adapt. Though it only lasted a month and a half, the environmental effects lasted to this day.

    There is a handwritten note on top of the package, addressed to Scyther Group.

    Welcome to your first stop. If you are serious about traveling the world as a pokemon trainer, you will need to learn about gathering food and managing resources. You won't be able to eat until you arrive, so here's a care package of berries from the local area. But there's not enough for each of you and your pokemon. It's up to you how to divide it up. Maybe you can find more as you travel to your next clue. The types of berries will give to a hint to what will be waiting for you. The Scyther figure is pointing the direction you need to go. Try not to get wet!
    -Mia


    Taking a closer look at the Scyther you notice its blades both point in a north west direction, straight up into the heart of the northern section of the park.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Inside the package you find the following berries.

    1x Sitrus Berry (heal 15 hp)
    1x Passho Berry (resist super effective water attack)
    1x Lum Berry (cure any status)

  3. - Top - End - #33
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    ClericGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2019

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    Nessa spent a while watching the pokemon flittering about. This really was going to be the best summer of her life!

    After examining the package, Nessa explained what the berries were: "Sorry for being a know-it-all, but I've actually spent a bit of time growing my own berries to help injured pokemon at home. I've even got myself a handy growing container, so don't you guys worry about taking these, I'll grow some more once we're all settled in the cabin."

    She then headed in the direction of the Scyther's pointing blades.

  4. - Top - End - #34
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    Note: This post assumes someone read the note aloud to Margret. If nobody does it, she'll ask politely.

    Margret nods at her partner's explanation. While Gawain's sight could probably ID the berries for her, it was the smell that did it. She was heartened by the water resist berries. If Nessa could breed those for Gawain, she'd be more than relieved. That sounds logical. By the smell of these berries, we'll be fighting a water type that uses some status attacks. I'd normally say Tentacool, but we're pretty far from the ocean.

    In any case, I'll have Gawain hunt around for more of those berries.
    She bends down and takes off his harness. See if you can find any more of these, ok Gawain? The growlithe yips happily, immediately becoming more wiggly and playful now that he was out of 'work mode'. He raced off into the bushes with Margret 'watching' to make sure he stayed out of trouble. In many ways he was still a puppy, and his boisterous energy was sure to flush more than a few flock of spearow.

    While I have my cane, it would be helpful if one of you could guide me without Gawain here.
    Things are more difficult when I don't have him to give me a heads up about tree stumps or rose bushes.
    She wasn't uncomfortable with Gawain gone, but it was definitely less convenient when he wasn't around. She'd probably be fine, and she hated asking for help, but it was better than her first real impression being falling on her face multiple times in front of them.

    Spoiler
    Show

    (4d6+1)[11] Gawain perception to find berries. Not sure if his tracker capability is useful here or not. In any event, he's mostly using the smell of the berries to find any more.
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2019-05-20 at 08:04 PM.
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

    Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

    Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

    World at War (PTA) as Francis May

    GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

  5. - Top - End - #35
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2017

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    Constance was enjoying their stroll through the woods. She was not a very outdoorsy girl - she preferred her books - but still enjoyed being outside. The warm sun and nice breeze flowing through her hair. The site of wild Pokemon going about their daily lives. Everything around was so vibrant and happy.

    Reading the plaque, Constance reflected on how not that long ago the who region was engulfed in conflict. She was happier than ever to be growing up now rather than then. Looking over the berries Constance reads the note aloud, and realizes that she has no skill at all when it comes to surviving outdoors. She was determined to become more skilled at wilderness survival; once camp was done she would need to more than ever.
    For now she would have to rely on her powers of observation. She may not be able to identify other berries, but she now knew what these ones looked like.

    Constance made special note of the berry that protected against water damage; Arabella would definitely like that one.


    How far away is the cabin,
    she wondered, given that the message indicated rationing food?

    She thanks Nessa for the offer.

    Thank you. I have no idea what I am doing with gardening. It doesn't matter how many books I read, I still manage to kill plastic plants.


    After examining the Scyther, Constance noticed that it appear to be pointing north-west.

    It looks like the Scyther is pointing to the North-West. Let's start heading the direction and see what we can find.

    Constance offers her arm to Margret while Gawain is out berry hunting.

  6. - Top - End - #36
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RedKnightGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2016

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    Gawain sniffs around for a while and finds lots of berry bushes. However, most of them are picked clean by the time you get to them. After a little bit of searching, the dog pokemon sniffs out a small bunch of Oran berries and a single remaining Passho berry!

    Following the Scyther's claws is easy at first, but you soon find yourselves headed off the beaten path. Your progress is slowed as you work your way through a bit more dense vegetation and saplings. Spinarak webbing hangs perfectly at face level more than you would like. Checking your maps on your Pokegear periodically shows that you seem to be on track to intersect with the park's central lake.

    After what seems like an hour of trudging through the trees, you can make out the edge of the forest line into the grassy areas of the pokeball shaped park. From there, it is much easier to travel. Out in the open, you can see for a long distance over the grassy plain. Another group of campers seem to be lost as they meander in the distance. The buzzing of beating wings fill the air as you part the grass, spooking the peaceful Ledyba.

    Finally, you reach the shining lake. The sun dances on the surface of the water as do a group of Surskit. A canoe and set of paddles await you with a message inside, adorned with a picture of your team's pokemon.

    Team Scyther, you made it to your second clue. Sometimes in your travels you will come across more challenging situations. The keys to your cabin are hidden on the small island in the middle of the lake. You might also have to deal with the wild pokemon in this area. Some are invasive species and are more aggressive than the local variety or they will have made the locals more aggressive to compete. Be careful out there! When you are finished, look for the tracks left by my Stantler. They will lead you to your third clue!
    -Mia


    Spoiler
    Show
    Gawain finds 3 Oran berries and a Passho berry!

  7. - Top - End - #37
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    ClericGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2019

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    Nessa eyed the boat warily. She'd never been out on a lake before as her mother said it was too dangerous. They were about to prove whether that was true.

    Allowing someone else to take the lead, Nessa tried to hunker down in the back with Fig, clutching the sides and nervously looking out for dangerous pokemon.

  8. - Top - End - #38
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    Margret nuzzled Gawain as he returned with the berries. She pocketed the Passho berry: she hoped to avoid using Gawain for now. As they approached the lake, she paused, releasing Bors. The Whismur hopped happily and let out a few joyful bellows. Margret picked him up, cuddling the Whismur to her chest.

    We'll likely need a boat if we need to reach the center of the lake. I don't exactly trust myself to swim, especially if wild pokemon are going to get a bit fiesty here. She scanned the shores of the lake to see if there was a boathouse somewhere, but she figured that would be a bit too easy of a solution ...
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2019-05-24 at 01:09 PM.
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

    Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

    Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

    World at War (PTA) as Francis May

    GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

  9. - Top - End - #39
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    AutumnLotus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2012

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    Haukea was practically bouncing down the trail with her camp partners. Being a ways into the forest dulled the noises of the city, thinned out the crowds and let her finally hear the real world out in these woods. This excitement was doubled when the girl could hear the sound of gentle waves and the smell of natural water.

    "Oooo this Cannot get better" the girl exclaimed, more to herself then to anyone else, as her pace began to quicken into a light jog. Haukea soon made her way to the end of the forest trail with her partner close behind, initially ignoring the embanked boat and instead removing her sandels and walk into the edge of the waters. "Muuuch better".

    As the group catch up with her Haukea signals to them the presence of the canoe and the note inside. The island towards the center of the lake was obviously the destination, or else they would just circle the lake, so the girl had no need to read the note. She had more important things to focus on, mainly getting undressed for a swim. After removing her top and throwing both it, her backpack, and her sandals into the canoe, Haukea and Siren both leaped into the lake with a resounding splash. Moments later both surfaced , facing the group of girls with broad smiles.

    That boat is to small for all of us, so it'll just be easier for us to swim alongside you. Anyone else want to join?
    Avatar made by Ceika

  10. - Top - End - #40
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2017

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    Constance enjoyed the walk through the woods, the calming sounds of nature pushing her on her way. When they got to the lake, Constance searched the horizon to see how far it was. After reading the note out loud, she scanned the area for any Pokemon that looked like trouble.

    Evaluating the canoe, she figured Haukea was correct, it was rather small.

    I'd join you, but none of my partners are very suited for water, and I have no idea what wild Pokemon may be lurking in the water.

    She noticed Nessa's reluctance. Are you ok Nessa, you look worried. Do you know how to swim? If you are uneasy, you should sit in the middle - the people in the front and back will need to paddle.

    Constance will carefully enter the canoe and grab a paddle while asking Does anyone know how to steer one of these? I've read about them, but in terms of actually doing it...

    Spoiler: Paddlin the school canoe? Oh, you better believe that's a paddlin
    Show

    Perception roll for any nearby trouble making Pokemon: (4d6)[2][5][1][5](13)

    Athletics Roll for Paddlin: (2d6)[1][2](3)

    If the entire team flounders at sea, Constance will ask if Haukea's Vaporeon could give them a little pull.

  11. - Top - End - #41
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    ClericGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2019

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    Nessa blushed. "Er- I've never been swimming before. My mom said it was dangerous. And I've never tried it. But I don't want to be a burden: Margaret should sit in the middle: I'll paddle if you show me how." Fig nodded and Nessa felt happy that she'd made Fig proud.

    Spoiler: Athletics
    Show
    (1d6)[4]


    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    There me some confusion, because it looks like CosmicOccurence forgot what their character's name was

  12. - Top - End - #42
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RedKnightGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2016

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    The water is cool and refreshing in the growing heat of the day. Haukea finds that the water is not terribly deep either, perhaps only twice her own height at its deepest. Even though the rest of you show your inexperience with boating, the water is calm so you are in no danger. Still, it makes the going a bit on the slow side as you disembark from the shore.

    The island is visible about 70 meters from the shore and you strike a slow rhythm towards it. You can make out a small group of thin trees and a stone structure or statue of some kind. Curious Surskits flit across the water in your wake, keeping a respectful distance but keeping a close watch on you.

    As you draw near the shore, you can notice a violent splashing of water in the swallows. There, a couple of Surskit are engaged in a battle with a pack of Electrikes. One of each lies knocked out nearby. The group of Surkit behind you look nervous and agitated at the sight and there is a line of Electrikes looking on as their friends fight. It's not apparent what they are fighting over.

    Spoiler: Details
    Show
    You are about halfway across the lake and so you have some time to prepare or change your course. If a fight breaks out, Constance noticed far enough in advance to give you a round of preparation.

    The only drawback from the low paddling rolls is a slow move speed of 3 for your canoe.


    Spoiler: Constance or Perception 12
    Show
    You also notice black feathers scattered around the ground near the trees on the island


    Spoiler: Med Edu 8
    Show
    The Surskit are Enraged and the Electrike are Confused
    Last edited by CateranEnforcer; 2019-05-25 at 06:07 PM.

  13. - Top - End - #43
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    Margret glances at the surskit behind them. If we're going to get involved, I'd much rather have the surskit on our side, but can anyone see what they're fighting over? If it isn't something serious we might just be able to go around it. She turned Bors to face the battle, hoping the Whismur could see something.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Bors perception (2d6+1)[7]
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

    Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

    Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

    World at War (PTA) as Francis May

    GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

  14. - Top - End - #44
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2017

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    Constance took a good look at the fighting Pokemon and noticed the feathers.

    We need to be careful. If you look close there are feathers around on the ground, meaning there are likely more Pokemon around.

    What is strange though is their behavior. Why don't the Surskit just retreat to the water instead of engaging the Electrike? I don't recall Surskit being overly aggressive - the ones behind us are quite playful.

    If we are going to try and intercede, I suggest we try and swing a bit wide - I am not sure if we want to try landing while engaged.


    While they are stopped and discussing their options, Constance uses her Pokedex to register the Electrike and Surskit.
    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

    Medicine Ed (for the Spoiler) (2d6)[5][5](10)
    Pokemon Ed (Identify the feathers)(4d6)[2][5][6][6](19)

  15. - Top - End - #45
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2017

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    (Based on the Med roll from my post)

    As Constance took a closer look at the battling Pokemon, her time at Pokemon Tech pays off.


    I knew something wasn't right here. Those Surskit are Enraged, and those Electrikes don't quite seem to know what is going on. I think the owner of the feathers may have setup a little scuffle. We need to be very careful. None of their behavior will be normal, and both sides may attack us if we get too close. Does anyone know a good way to snap them out of it? I am not too bad when interacting with Pokemon, but I've never done anything like this.

  16. - Top - End - #46
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    Hmmm ... Margret said. That would be unfortunate, wouldn't it? If we've got a trickster on our hands, then there's no need for this fight to happen. Let's see if I can mellow them out a bit. She turned her face towards the surskit.

    To anyone else she just looked, but she reached out her mind to the wobbly shapes that Bors saw and tried to form a link with them.

    Spoiler
    Show

    With a Spinarak (4d6+2)[26],
    With elektrike (4d6+2)[21]
    DC 15 on both unless its willing.

    This is setting me up for a mystic senses move next round, though I suppose I don't need to channel to do that.
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

    Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

    Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

    World at War (PTA) as Francis May

    GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

  17. - Top - End - #47
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    ClericGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2019

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    Nessa too could tell that something was wrong with the surskit and electrike, and unsurprisingly, they were both lashing out. Nessa looking down at a scar on her hand, Nessa recalled all too well what an injured pokemon might do if it thought it was in danger.

    "These are both conditions that pass in time," Nessa explained. "If we can draw them apart, then likely they will recover without further intervention. Then we can find this trickster."

    "We could split up and do our best to draw the groups away from each other?"

  18. - Top - End - #48
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    AutumnLotus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2012

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    Haukea kept pace with the boat full of her group, slowly swimming along with her Vaporeon partner. It's takes her a moment to notice the confrontation that occuring, coming to a halt and resting one of her arms onto the canoe as she watches what is transpiring.

    Pokemon fighting in the wild isn't that uncommon, especially with more territorial types like Electrike. Constance made a good point, however. The Surskit rarely stick around for a fight, especially when they have the advantage of water. The whole situation was strange, and Haukea wasn't entirely sure what she could do to help this situation given how angry the Surskit seemed to be.

    Shrugging her shrugging her shoulders, the girl began to swim closer to the shoreline and the fight. Once there, Haukea does her best to interact either he Surskit, hopefully to sooth them from whatever is Enraging them.

    "Hey there little guys. Why don't we calm down for a second? There's no need to fight now" Haukea spoke to the Surskit group, using a soothing tone while remaining in a non-threatening pose.

    Spoiler: charm roll
    Show
    [Roll]3d6+2 [/roll]
    Avatar made by Ceika

  19. - Top - End - #49
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RedKnightGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2016

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    The pokemon are too engaged to pay Haukea any attention. The two remaining Electrikes try their best to defend themselves from the vicious Surskit, but end up hurting themselves more often than not.

    The rest of the group takes a more measured approach around to the side. You slowly skirt around the edge of the battle and the pokemon not engaged in battle watch you nervously but they do not show the aggression that the others do. By taking your time you see the fight is about to end as the battling pokemon look about to collapse.

    Then there is a tortured half screech, half caw from the trees. Flapping on large, black wings is an oversized looking Murkrow and three normal sized ones. They swoop in the air between you and the Electrikes and the large one Swaggers one of them. The confused electrike shakes its head and tries to fix its gaze on the Murkrow, but it finds you instead. Looking behind you, one of the Surkit breaks ranks with anger in its eyes, again fixating on your group.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Map!

    The red area is for Haukea and her pokemon to begin in. The rest begin in the canoe. It's bigger than it actually is in order to give you room to place pokemon. If one of you spends your shift action to row, you can move it 3 squares. You can edit the map yourself, or just tell me to and I will.

    You get one preparation round before battle starts. You can't use it to move or attack but you can ready pokemon, use skills, use orders, ready items, use buffs, or even take defensive action. If your speed is 11 or higher, you out speed the enemies and can take normal combat actions after that.



    Spoiler: Channeling
    Show
    The Surskit has Danger Syrup of course. Quick Attack, Bubble, and Sweet Scent.

    Electrike has Electrodash, and Tackle, Leer, Thunder Wave, and Howl.

    You can sense that both of these pokemon experienced what you just saw. The large Murkrow is responsible for enraging the Surkit and confusing the Electrike. Before that, these pokemon were minding their own business. Their current thoughts are garbled and distorted by their condition combined with the pain of their injuries.


    Spoiler: Pokemon Education 8
    Show
    The large Murkrow is clearly addled itself, the cry it made had a vaguely artificial quality about it. The others are normal.
    Spoiler: Pokemon Education 14
    Show
    The large Murkrow's cry had a digital quality to it. This glitch phenomenon is not well understood, but it was reported to have happened in the years following the war. This pokemon could be wildly unstable

  20. - Top - End - #50
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    AutumnLotus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2012

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    Haukea and Siren were both startled by the suddent appearance of the Murkrow, the girl not expecting to see a third party of Pokemon to join the scene. What bothered her the most, however, was the closest Surskit seeming to have redirected it's anger to her. She just wanted to help!

    Gesturing to her Vaporeon to go help the main group, the Alolan swam over to the approaching Surskit before stopping a few paces away. And, oddly enough. Haukea began to sing to the pokemon. A soft, droning song in her native language. Few would likely understand her, but the tone and pace was obviously something that was meant to soothe.

    Siren, having shifted herself under the water line and making fast approach to the shore, positioned their head to aim at the closest Murkrow at the shoreline before letting out a large gout of water from her mouth in a pressurized stream. Hopefully one attack would pacify the pokemon, and end the fight before it could continue.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Rolls for moves

    Sing: (1d20)[3] AC: 10+evasion
    Success means sleep. Failure means Slow and -2 to evasion
    Water Gun: (1d20)[2] AC: 2+evasion
    Damage: (2d6+29)[37]
    Avatar made by Ceika

  21. - Top - End - #51
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2017

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    Constance assessed the situation as the combat began. Ideally the Surskit and Electrikes on the far side would ignore them while they dealt with the leading Murkrow.

    There was definitely something off about the lead Murkrow, but in the heat of battle Constance couldn't quite determine what. It's not that easy to remember her books when there was danger.


    Hey Tru, want to get some exercise? Big group battle, it'll be lots of fun, Constance jokes to the sleeping Slakoth in her bag.

    In response, Tru opened one eye, closed it then stuck out his tongue.

    That's what I thought. Ok Arabella, time to stretch.
    There is a flash of light followed by a mighty roar as the giant rock snake enters the field in a cloud of dust. It ripples it stoney coils once to shake of the dust and see the foes around her.

    The big one is our target Arabella. Let's show them that it is not nice to start fights.

    Swinging her head around, Arabella meets the gaze of the odd Murkrow, it's target found.

    Spoiler: Prep Round Actions
    Show

    Constance releases Arabella. (Shift Action)
    Constance tags the leader Murkrow (Swift Action)
    Constance gives Focused Orders to Arabella (Standard Action)
    Arabella uses Curse +Attack, +Defense, -Speed
    Arabella gains 1 Momentum (End of Round)
    Arabella has 1 Momentum



  22. - Top - End - #52
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    ClericGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2019

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    "Yeah, it's strange..." Nessa mused, though she too cold not put her finger on what exactly could be causing this strange behaviour. She suddenly noticed that the others were leaping into action and with a nervous glance at Fig she struggled to the oars and pushed them forwards.

    "We won't leave you stranded Haukea," she called. "Fig, you ready?"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Nessa will use her move action to move the boat 3 spaces forwards. Fig is staying at the front of the boat.

  23. - Top - End - #53
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    Nessa assessed the situation. While the surskit were mostly far away, she'd still rather not have to put Gawain in the range of those water type moves. Instead she held Bors on her lap, helping as much as she could with the oars. She needed them closer to the island if she was going to be of any help at all.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Nessa will move the canoe 3 squares forwards (do I do this or you?)

    Sadly her pokemon were already released, so she can't release them into battle. She will however, use her action to give Inspired Orders to Bors, giving him additional evasion for the turn.

    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

    Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

    Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

    World at War (PTA) as Francis May

    GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

  24. - Top - End - #54
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RedKnightGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2016

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    Siren is the first to act, moving swiftly through the water to meet the lead Murkrow. Though her water gun misses, it draws the attention of the bird pokemon and it flies down to meet her with a swift attack. Haukea's song falls to reach the addled Surskit and it too moves to attack the trainer with rock hard bubbles.

    Abella appears in the center of the group of pokemon and the large draws a lot of attention by its size alone. The Electrike throws itself against the Onix, hurting itself more than Abella. A Murkrow flies to work its way around her, but only makes it halfway and fails to land blow of its own.

    Nessa and Margaret bring the canoe in for a landing on the shore, if a bit clumsily. This puts Fig front and center ready to disembark if not for the other Murkrow there who tries to startle her with a sudden attack.

    The large Murkrow lets out another wailing screech that seems to have the enraging effect on the Surskit. Another one breaks from the group to find something to attack. After that, it Swaggers again, this time at Abella confusing and angering the Onix.

    Spoiler: Fight Details
    Show
    Damage numbers do not take into account your defenses and resistances. It's just the raw number.

    Electrike 1 uses Tackle on Abella! 27 normal physical damage. It hurts itself in confusion. Save failed vs Confusion.

    Surskit 1 uses Bubble on Haukea. 25 water special damage. Save failed vs Rage.

    Murkrow 1 uses Astonish on Siren! 27 ghost physical damage

    Murkrow 2 uses Astonish on Fig! 27 ghost physical damage.

    Murkrow 3 uses Astonish on Abella! Misses!

    BossKrow uses Swagger on Abella! She is confused and gains 2 Attack Stages!

    BossKrow uses Taunt on a Surskit. It enters the fight enraged!
    Last edited by CateranEnforcer; 2019-06-01 at 02:00 PM.

  25. - Top - End - #55
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    ClericGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2019

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    Nessa let out a little gasp as the Murkrow soared in to attack Fig, but the Nidoran barely flinched before pummelling the crow with it's hind legs.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Double Kick (Fighting type move)
    Attack roll 1 (1d20)[1], AC 3, damage (1d6+20)[25]
    Attack roll 2 (1d20)[18], AC 3, damage (1d6+20)[25]
    Last edited by Nap Captain; 2019-06-01 at 11:36 AM.

  26. - Top - End - #56
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2017

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    Arabella barely notices the hit from the Electrike, it's attention fully on the large bird in the sky.
    Constance winces involuntarily as Arabella is hit with the Boss Krow's attack, while Arabella lets out a mighty roar, giving herself fully to the battle.
    Constance exits the canoe, happy to have her feat firmly on the ground, and attempts to mitigate the the aftermath of the Boss Krow's attack, ordering Arabella to focus, and take the leader down. Afterwards Constance hunkers down a bit, hoping that the Onix will continue to draw attention away from the vulnerable campers. If worse came to worst, Constance would have to rely on old sleepy pants to save her.


    The giant rock snake seems to shrug off some of the effects for the moment and channels her new strength into an attack at the Boss Krow. Arabella launches a series of bolders at the airborne foe.

    Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show

    From OOC thread, Arabella acts normally with no self damage.
    Constance issues Focused Orders to Arabella

    Arabella uses Rock Tomb (AC3) on the Boss Krow
    To Hit (Focused Training and Orders): 8 vs 3+Evasion
    Damage 50 Rock Typed Damage vs Defense
    Arabella Gains 1 momentum for hitting a tagged foe
    Arabella Gains 1 momentum at end of turn.
    Arabella has 3 momentum.

    Last edited by Lorrel; 2019-06-01 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Add rolls from OOC because I am terrible at this.

  27. - Top - End - #57
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    Bors leaped into the battle eagerly, the baby Whismur ready to stretch its legs in a real battle for the first time. Remember your training Bors! she shouted. Duck and weave, then let loose that beautiful voice of yours!

    Bors did just that comically ducking and rolling like he was in a movie before targeting one of the Murkrow with a powerful blast of his voice. Margret herself remained stationary as her vision similarly shook and moved. She'd totally lost sight of her own surroundings and had no doubt that she'd fall out of her boat if she tried even standing up. Best remain where she was at for now.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Margret activates Critical Moment (one use left this scene) Focused Training and Inspired Training's effects triple! Bors now has a +3 bonus to hit and evasions of 4/4/3 until his next turn

    Bors shifts (new position on map) and uses Echoed Voice on Murkrow 2 (next to the boat)
    (1d20+3)[18] AC 2
    (2d6+20)[27]
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2019-06-01 at 10:22 PM.
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

    Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

    Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

    World at War (PTA) as Francis May

    GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

  28. - Top - End - #58
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    AutumnLotus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2012

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    Haukea flinchesaway from the attacking surskit, letting out a loud screech while dodging away in the water. Luckily the attack seemed to just be a bruise, but the girl was not made for combat.

    Siren continued her assault on the Murkrow, shooting out another blast of water to try and hit the flying bird pokemon.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Haukea uses Supersonic:
    (1d20)[3] vs AC 6, -2 from Sing condition.

    Siren uses Watergun:
    (1d20)[13] vs AC 2
    (2d6+29)[37] damage
    Avatar made by Ceika

  29. - Top - End - #59
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RedKnightGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2016

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    Though Haukea's musical effects do not take hold on the Surskit, it does seem to confound it somewhat. It attacks sluggishly and misses her as a result of her screech. After the attack, the pokemon seems jolted back into it senses and so does its friend next to it. The skittish pokemon look ready to depart as soon as possible! Meanwhile, Siren and the Murkrow exchange blows and the bird seems far worse off. It still lands a solid peck on the water pokemon, but it looks about to collapse after the water attack.

    The combined efforts of Fig and Bors bring their Murkrow down before it can do any more damage. It falls to the ground and black feathers scatter wildly. Abella mightily hurls rocks at the boss Murkrow and looks thoroughly battered. It screeches again and its wings glow as it uses the move Metronome somehow! When it is finished, it forms a vicious ice spear and hurls it at Abella. The projectile bounces harmlessly off the Onix's thick skin. Angered, the krow moves in and clamps its beak on Abella and seeps venom into her, but it fails to poison her.

    The remaining Murkrow finds it hard to get around Abella and attacks her again with its body. The confused Electrike seems to be trying to zero in on something and uses a wave of electricity on Abella, but it has no effect. After doing so, it seems to come to its senses and it fixes its gaze angrily on the Murkrow with a growl.


    Spoiler: Combat Details
    Show
    Abella uses a ranged attack in melee range, triggers struggle attacks from two pokemon. Murkrow 3 hits for 27 physical normal damage.

    Surskit 1 uses Quick Attack on Haukea. Misses due to your penalties.
    It saves from rage and ceases to be hostile!

    Surskit 2 moves up towards Harkea, but saves from rage before it can attack.

    Electrike uses Thunder Wave on Abella! No effect! It hurts itself in confusion. It snaps out and ceases to be hostile!

    Murkrow 1 uses Peck on Siren! 31 Physical Flying damage.

    Murkrow 2 faints!

    Murkrow 3 uses Pursuit on Abella. Hits for 31 physical dark damage.

    Bosskrow uses Metronome two times!
    Bosskrow uses Poison Fang on Abella! 29 Physical Poison Damage!

    Bosskrow uses Sheer Cold on Abella! Immune due to Sturdy.

  30. - Top - End - #60
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    ClericGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2019

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    Watching the scary bird faint under the onslaught made Nessa let out the breath she hadn't realised she'd been holding in. "You've got a clear shot at the big one, Fig. Just be careful!"

    Fig was so focused on the fight she didn't seem to acknowledge Nessa, but either way she fired a poisoned dart from her forehead right at the bosscrow.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Staying on the boat, Nessa gives focused orders to Fig

    Poison Sting, attack roll (w/focused orders) (1d20+1)[6] (AC 2; Poison on a 17-20)
    Damage (1d8+21)[27]

    Due to debilitate, if the attack hits, bosscrow gets -2 to accuracy and evasion for the next round.
    Last edited by Nap Captain; 2019-06-05 at 02:09 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •