Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Results 181 to 210 of 356
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Dr.Gunsforhands's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    Ajax seems to perk up at the mention of the rangers - enough so that she pauses her archiving efforts to pay closer attention. "Spearows have been a problem practically everywhere, right? Are vullaby the invaders or the invadees?"

    This train of thought is likely interrupted by Tauros Panic. Ajax nods at Mia's instructions. "On it!"

    She scoops up any non-balloon monsters that she hasn't already and heads to the other trough to inspect for moles.
    Mina, Lynera, Ajax, Vena.
    Avatar by the Ninja Chocobo.

  2. - Top - End - #182
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2017

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    As Mia mention the Tauros, Constance looks over in their direction.

    Drilbur, they are far from home. Usually in these areas it is more often Diglet that cause the problems. Ok, we can help. Does this happen often? Any tricks you use to resolve them without spooking the Tauros even more?

    Constance recalls Arabella while moving towards to feed trough. No need to scare them any more with you shaking the ground 'Bella.

    She grabs her bag on the way, and stops quickly to find napping Slakoth. Eyes open Tru, you are up for this one so look sharp.

    Constance tries to survey the situation on the way, while absently humming a tune

    Spoiler
    Show

    Perception to assess the situation (4d6)[13]

  3. - Top - End - #183
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    Margret trots along with the group, Bors tucked in her arms. She hoped the pokemon didn't start having one of its fits and crying. She didn't want to upset the Taurus anymore than it already had.

    A noncombat solution would certainly be best. We don't want to spook the Tauros with a battle. They can be quite nasty I've heard.
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

    Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

    Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

    World at War (PTA) as Francis May

    GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

  4. - Top - End - #184
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Dr.Gunsforhands's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    "Hmm." Ajax has to consciously slow down for the sake of people who don't sprint by default. "Can you sense them? Through the ground, I mean? With your, uh, not-psychic stuff?"
    Mina, Lynera, Ajax, Vena.
    Avatar by the Ninja Chocobo.

  5. - Top - End - #185
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RedKnightGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2016

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    Mia puts her fingers to mouth and lets out a sharp whistle. This seems to get the Tauros' attention but it doesn't really calm them down. Seconds later her Stantler gallops over to her and she mounts him bareback with a strong push. "There's no trick to it, sometimes you just have to let them take what they want. Happens once or twice a month. Just remember they can feel you through the ground even if you can't see them. I'll get the Tauros attention, don't worry about me!"

    As you head to the other end, thankfully you don't see any Tauros. There are a couple of Girafarig trotting around the trough nervously. You can see a handful of Drilbur half sticking out of the ground scratching holes in the wood to pour the food into their holes. One is standing watch making threatening gestures with his claws which is enough to spook the other pokemon away.

    Constance is first to spot something else. Floating over the ground is a trio of purple, balloon-like pokemon as they carry a small Skiddo between the three of them in their stringy arms. The little one is crying out as its legs dangle helplessly in the air.
    Last edited by CateranEnforcer; 2019-09-13 at 06:25 AM.

  6. - Top - End - #186
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2017

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    Interesting. These Drilburr seem to have this down to a science. They come in, take what they are looking for and try not to hurt anyone. It kind of impr....

    Constance trails off as she sees the Skiddo being kidnapped.

    Oh. Oh no. No, no no. I think we have a bit of a problem. Those Drifloons are making off with a Skiddo and I don't think they have a play date.


    Constance looks at the Slakoth riding in her bag.

    It's too risky to let Bella out right now Tru so I need you to go save that Skiddo!


    Constance runs towards the Drifloons making sure to stay clear of the Drilburr. Once she is close enough she will let Tru out of the bag.

    Tru will use Rock Tomb as soon as he is in range of a Drifloon, hoping to bring it down.
    Spoiler: Battle Mechanics
    Show

    Constance Tags the closest Drifloon
    Constance uses Focused Orders on Tru
    Tru uses Rock Tomb on the clostest Drifloon
    Accuracy 1d20+2 (Focused Training) +2 (Focused Orders) VS AC 3
    (1d20+4)[11]
    Damage 2d6+8+18 Rock Type damage
    (2d6+26)[31]


  7. - Top - End - #187
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Dr.Gunsforhands's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    As soon as she sees what's happening, Ajax runs to catch the kidnappers with trusty jigglypuff riding on her back.

    "You know what to do, Iggy!"

    As she dashes past, she tosses her pink pal to join the other balloons in the floating flotilla, ideally landing right on top of the struggling skiddo to best get the drifloons' attention.

    "Puu pupu Pu-pu pu pu puu~♪"

    Being probably last in the initiative order, Iggy focuses his attention on one of the ghosts that isn't already getting rock-tombed.

    Meanwhile, Ajax has moved on to the trees just outside the naptime blast radius, where she sees the drilbur raid successfully escaping to the side. Would be weird for the moles to deliberately set this up as a distraction, but here they are taking advantage of it. Can't let them be rewarded for that.

    She pulls out Nessa's pokéball and hucks it in the ground-types' general direction.

    Spoiler
    Show
    That's... probably all of the action she has for one round?

    So, to review:

    At speed count 6, Ajax uses her ludicrous movement rate to get from the starting area to P8. On the way, she drops off Iggy in O11 or P11 depending on how well the rules interact with my visualization of a jigglypuff riding atop a kidnapped goat.

    Upon reaching P8, Ajax releases Barboach somewhere in the direction of the drilbur. The exact location is probably somewhat randomized since Barboach is not what you'd call a trained pokémon yet.

    Barboach also acts on speed count 6. I don't know if it gets an action this round. If it does, Ajax will try using her command skill and push it to water gun a mole before it gets away.

    Command: (3d6)[6]

    Iggy finally acts on speed count 1 and tries to put the balloons to sleep. He may have been able to ride on the skiddo, or he may have to waddle to catch up. He might also have been KO'd by tanking three gusts or something but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

    Autohit the one in Q10 if it hasn't moved already.
    O10: (1d20)[5]
    P12: (1d20)[10]
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2019-09-14 at 03:37 AM.
    Mina, Lynera, Ajax, Vena.
    Avatar by the Ninja Chocobo.

  8. - Top - End - #188
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    It doesn't quite work like that. To form the bond I either need to touch them or I need to have Bors see them, because I can ... Her soon to be extended conversation on the intracacies of forming channeling bonds was cut short when her two partners noticed the balloons. She'd been pointing Bors, whom she was holding, towards the Drillbur and didn't see them until she pointed her pokemon at them like some sort of strange camera lens.

    Right, one thing at a time. Let's save that Pokemon, she said while dashing forwards. She did try to link with one of the Drillbur, wondering if she could share their ability to feel through the earth. If so ... well that could be a remarkably useful skill.

    With Bors in hand, she held him up and the Whismur happily let out a blast of necrotic energy at the creatures. The ball of pure black shot through the air, seeking out one of the balloons.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Margret holds onto Bors and uses her shift to dash forwards. They share a space on the map and are represented by Margret.

    She uses her swift action to try to form a channeling connection with Drillbur 1 (4d6+2)[16] DC 15.

    If she succeeds at bonding she will attempt to Share Senses by binding 1 ap (2 bound, one to drillbur 1 and one to Bors). 3 left.

    Meanwhile, Bors is using Shadow Ball! He will target the one carrying the Skiddo if it isn't fainted. If it is, he will hit Drifloon 3. He acts at initiative 3, which is before Lullaby from the igglybuff.

    (1d20+1)[14] AC 2, (2d8+24)[36]

    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

    Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

    Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

    World at War (PTA) as Francis May

    GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

  9. - Top - End - #189
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RedKnightGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2016

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    Iggy jumps up off Ajax's shoulder to land on the slowly rising Skiddo and his song lulls one of the ghost pokemon to sleep. The first Drifloon is knocked out with the one two punch from Bors and Tru and it makes a sound like a popping balloon as its faints and wafts to the ground. Iggy and the Skiddo take the worst of the concussive force. Without enough strength in it's arms alone to hold up the two pokemon, the final balloon pokemon is weighed down and hits the ground. It angrily lets out a gust of air towards the Jigglupuff.

    The guard Drilbur bares it's claws and takes a swipe at the Barboach. The other two are so shocked by your sudden appearance that they dive under the ground with their massive digging hands. They are hidden from view, but Margaret's successful channeling gives her a disorienting sensation in her feet that somehow indicates to her where exactly they are digging.

    Spoiler
    Show
    All enemies act on initiative 10. Your surprise round is over. Everyone is lower or tied so everyone can act. Your Barboach was successfully commanded, but you already commanded Iggy to sing.

    Drifloon 1 faints! It uses Aftermath! Iggy loses 3 ticks of hp!

    Drifloon 2 makes sleep save (1d20)[16] vs 16

    Drifloon 3 Uses Gust on Iggy!
    Attack: (1d20)[2]
    Damage: 24 Flying Special

    Drilbur 1 uses scratch on Barboach!
    Attack: (1d20)[10]
    Damage: 24 Normal Physical

    Drilbur 2 and 3 burrow underground! Margaret can sense them with shared senses from Drilbur 1 but they are otherwise protected from direct contact.
    Last edited by CateranEnforcer; 2019-09-16 at 09:12 AM.

  10. - Top - End - #190
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2017

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    Wow nice shot Tru! I had no idea you could do anything like that. What other secrets are you hiding? Well there will be time for that later. Use that move again, we have to save the Skiddo.

    Looking over at the Drilburr, Constance notices that the Barboach has engaged the leader. Hopefully they could deal with the Drifloon first before the moles became a problem. Giving herself more room and some separation from the Drilburr, Constance shifts a bit closes to the Skiddo, ready to calm it down if needed.

    Tru seemed a little unsure about expending more effort, and he was quite comfortable where he was. He wanted to help, so maybe he could throw rocks again. It was still some effort, but he didn't have to move so he figured it was ok. Maybe he would get an extra snack.

    His aim was a bit lazy however, and the rocks went wide, striking a poor helpless tree nearby.

    Spoiler: Battle Mechanics
    Show

    Tru gains 1 momentum on hitting Drifllon 1
    Tru gains 1 momentum at end of round
    Tru has 2 momentum.
    New Round
    Constance Tags to Drifloon who was still holding the Skiddo
    Constance moves a bit to the right away from the Drilburr.
    Constance gives Focused Orders to Tru (Init 10)
    Tru thinks about taking a nap (Truant Check 1d20) (1d20)[7]

    Tru is TRUANT. Tru loses his Shift action for the round, and heals a tick of health.

    Tru uses Rock Tomb on the Tagged Drifloon (Init 3)
    Accuracy 1d20+2 (Focused Training) +2 (Focused Orders) + 1 (1/2 Momentum RD) VS AC 3 (1d20+5)[6]
    Damage 2d6+8+18 Rock Type damage (2d6+26)[35]
    Last edited by Lorrel; 2019-09-16 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Truant roll of 7, Critical miss on attack roll

  11. - Top - End - #191
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Dr.Gunsforhands's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    Iggy curls up and parries the gust, which was more of a frustrated huff than a focused attack anyway. He reaches over and pats the skiddo to make sure it's okay, waking it up if it was was lulled to sleep by the earlier lullaby.

    Meanwhile, Barboach makes an unpleasant burbling sound and sprays a defensive jet of squooshy water, now having two reasons to believe that this drilbur is a huge jerk. Ajax tenses up, feeling how painful that scratch must have been for the newbie.

    Ajax reaches up for the trees next to her to see if there's good material for another grass whistle, but jumps backwards when the tree she's inspecting is suddenly bombarded with a rocky fusillade.

    "! Hey! Watch it!" she shouts over to Constance and Tru. Her eyes are then drawn to the pile of rocks that are now conveniently at her feet.

    "...well."

    Ajax picks up the largest of the errant stones and proceeds to make up for the missed attack with her own go-to move from back home.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Barboach's Water Gun! (1d20)[8]
    Damage: (2d6+19)[28], and water is super-effective on ground but I'm not sure how the multiplier works

    Ajax's Smack Down! (1d20)[6]
    Damage: (1d8+13)[19]
    Effect: On hit, Drifloon loses all flight and levitate speed and is vulnerable to ground-type moves for 3 turns.

    Iggy wakes up the skiddo and takes no further actions.


    Ajax then runs over to the struggling Barboach to make sure it doesn't suddenly get surrounded by moles.

    On initiative count 1, there aren't enough unbroken rocks left for Iggy to repeat the Smack Down trick. Ajax was already kind of pushing it. So, the jigglypuff just stays put, ready to defend his new friends.
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2019-09-17 at 09:20 PM.
    Mina, Lynera, Ajax, Vena.
    Avatar by the Ninja Chocobo.

  12. - Top - End - #192
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    Margret begins dashing after one of the underground Drillbur, completely blind to the surface world while she relied on the Drillbur's senses. Her eyes were filled with Barbaroach, but she could feel herself running through the soles of her ... claws. Same with the two other drillbur, so she moved the tremors that were her body towards those underground. Even for her, this was surreal.

    We can't do anything more to those balloons till you can summon that Shadow Ball again, she wheezed at Bors, So give that drillbur a good wail why don't you.

    Estatic to be able to let loose, Bors opens its mouth and shrieks, sending a blast of sound towards the aboveground Drillbur.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Margret, still carrying Bors, moves to follow drillbur 3. Meanwhile Bors shoots out an Echoed Voice at Drillbur 1

    (1d20)[7] AC 2 normal special.
    (2d6+22)[25]
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

    Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

    Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

    World at War (PTA) as Francis May

    GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

  13. - Top - End - #193
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RedKnightGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2016

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    The water gun from the Barboach is super effective on fire Drilbur and it recoils back from the spray. Combined with the sonic attack from Bors, the mole pokemon has had enough and falls to the ground. Margaret loses the foreign sensations in her feet and has no time to react to the Drilbur behind her that pops out of the ground to attack her with its claws. The other surfaces near the barboach to do the same and get even.

    Ajax's trick with the rocks works out well and the Drifloom finds itself unable to fly higher. It tries to attack Iggy with a gust of air but again it has no effect. The remaining Drifloom has had enough and it floats high into the air looking to escape.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Just a note, make sure you make command checks each round for wilds!

    Drilbur 1 faints!

    Drilbur 3 surfaces and uses scratch on Barboach!
    Attack (1d20)[14] vs AC 2
    Damage 24 Normal Physical

    Drilbur 2 surfaces and uses Scratch on Margaret!
    Attack (1d20)[18] vs AC 2
    Damage 24 Normal Physical

    Drifloom 2 uses gust on Iggy!
    Attack (1d20)[1] vs AC 2
    Damage 24 Flying Special

    Drifloom 3 floats up in the air. It's trying to escape!

    Skiddo wakes and starts to run off! Is Iggy "mounted" on it?
    Last edited by CateranEnforcer; 2019-09-19 at 04:44 PM.

  14. - Top - End - #194
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Dr.Gunsforhands's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    "Barboach! Behind me!"

    Ajax dashes and skids to a halt next to the eel and the mole. Barboach slips between her legs and takes cover. Wild or no, he doesn't need to be told that twice. "Good job! Now, um..."

    As Ajax looks over her shoulder to command Barboach, she suddenly notices Margaret's predicament. She didn't have a good line of sight on that until now.

    Ajax drops on her side and grabs her last ball from her belt pouch. "Water Gun!"

    She throws Anorith's ball past Barboach as Barboach rears up and sprays another geyser just over her hip.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Ajax moves to interpose herself between the drilbur and poor Barboach. She's starting at the tree-inspection spot P8 since I forgot to decide on her exact movement last round. Depending on how her movement and opportunity attacks work, she might be taking the long way around and ending up at K9, survival-jumping over one threatened space to stop in L9, or just stopping in M9; I put her in L9 as a compromise.

    Barboach scoots from K9 to L10 and water guns from the more defensible position.

    (1d20)[8], (2d6+19)[23]

    Ajax then releases Anorith into to help Margaret out. I'm not sure if she has any actions left to tell Anorith to scratch the mole that's hounding her. Probably not? The Hasty Anorith will probably go at the top of next round anyway, though.


    Iggy is now riding the skiddo. It's way more fun than what he was originally going to do, and Ajax is now all the way over there not telling him otherwise.

    Spoiler
    Show
    I have no idea where the skiddo is going. Somehow, I feel like I'm better off not knowing.
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2019-09-20 at 06:30 AM.
    Mina, Lynera, Ajax, Vena.
    Avatar by the Ninja Chocobo.

  15. - Top - End - #195
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2017

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    As things started getting hectic around her, Constance focuses on the task at hand. With the way she is turned, she can hear commotion behind her but doesn't know about Margret's predicament.

    Tru, more rocks on the one that is flying away. We don't know if it has more friends nearby, and we have enough to worry about right now.

    Constance then moves toward the fleeing Skiddo trying to calm it down. There was no telling where it was headed, and Iggy was still on board.

    Easy now little guy. It's ok. We are here to help, but can't if you run off into more trouble. Just take it easy.

    Tru grabs more rocks and lines up his shot, launching another barrage at the fleeing Drifloon. He was getting tired and hoped this would be all over soon.


    Spoiler
    Show
    Battle Mechanics

    Tru gains 1 momentum at end of round
    Tru has 3 momentum
    Tru has +2 Evasion against the Tagged Drifloon
    New Round

    Constance Tags the fleeing Drifloon
    Tru decides if he is going to be lazy (1d20)[4]

    Tru is TRUANT. Tru loses his Shift action for the round, and heals a tick of health.

    Tru uses Rock Tomb on the Tagged (Fleeing) Drifloon (Init 3)
    Accuracy 1d20+2 (Focused Training) + 2 (1/2 Momentum RU) VS AC 3 (1d20+4)[6]
    Damage 2d6+8+18 Rock Type damage (2d6+26)[36]

    Constance uses PokePsycology to try and calm the Skiddo
    Pokemon Ed (4d6):(4d6)[12]

    Last edited by Lorrel; 2019-09-20 at 07:57 AM. Reason: Truant

  16. - Top - End - #196
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    Margret tumbled to the ground, her shirt torn and bloodied. Bors rolled out of her arms and started wailing loudly at being dropped so roughly. Unable to see anything, Margret blindly attempted to push away anything that was in the direction of where the Drillbur had been.

    Bors, just do something! she cried in desperation, all thought of tactics vanishing from her mind. This was a new experience for her, and being attacked by a wild pokemon suddenly made this whole camp a whole lot scarier.

    With such generic instructions from its panicked trainer, Bors simply defaulted to its strategies from before its training and simply tried to hit the mole as hard as it could. Unfortunately ... Bors didn't have a ton of strength.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Margret drops Bors who runs up to the Drillbur while Margret crawls away.

    Bors uses pound! (d20)[14], (2d6+11)[16]


    [/spoiler]
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

    Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

    Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

    World at War (PTA) as Francis May

    GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

  17. - Top - End - #197
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RedKnightGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2016

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    One Drilbur is doused with the water gun attack and it sputters angrily, shaking itself off. It attacks with its claws at Ajax who happens to be right in front of it. The other is knocked back by Bors desperate attack, but overall not very hurt. Before it can act, Ajax's Anorith appears to help the fallen Margaret. Its own sharp claws rake across the mole pokemon. Hurt, it takes a step back and slaps mud into Bors face to gain a bit of distance.

    Meanwhile, the rocks from Tru are not enough to stop the fleeing Drifloon, and it shrinks itself as it makes a beeline for the forest. The other is still grounded by Ajax and it floats in close and wraps its arms around Tru. The Slakoth feels himself being lifted slightly, but the two remain firmly on the ground.

    The Skiddo stops its wild run and instead hides behind Constance. It lowers its head behind her legs and whimpers, clearly still terrified. Iggy still sits on top, slightly dizzy from the short but violent joy ride.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Anorith uses Scratch on Drilbur!
    Attack(1d20)[13] vs AC 2
    Damage (1d8+22)[29] Normal Physical
    It can act as normal in your next post as well. He's at the top of the initiative. But if you want to command a slower pokemon, you will have to wait for one post.

    Drilbur 2 uses Scratch on Ajax!
    Attack(1d20)[4] vs AC 2
    Damage: 24 Normal Physical

    If up, Drilbur 3 uses mud slap on Bors!
    Attack(1d20)[16] vs AC 2
    Damage: 17 Ground Special and Bors losses one accuracy stage.

    Drifloon 2 tries to grapple Tru
    Attack(1d20)[12] vs AC 4
    If successful, it uses Constrict!
    Damage: 14 Normal Physical

    Drifloon 3 uses Minimize!
    It is below 1/4 HP and can be captured with the usual capture rules.


    Spoiler: Grapple Rules Reference
    Show
    Maneuver: Grapple
    Action: Standard
    AC: 4
    Class: Status
    Range: Melee, 1 Target
    Effect: You and the target each make opposed Com-
    bat or Athletics Checks. If you win, you and the target
    each become Grappled, and you gain Dominance in the
    Grapple.
    Pokémon and Trainers that are Grappled
    » Are Vulnerable
    » Cannot take Shift Actions, or any actions that would
    cause them to Shift.
    » Gain a -6 penalty to Accuracy Rolls if targeting any-
    one outside of the Grapple.
    » Additionally, Grapple has other effects on whether
    the target has or doesn’t have Dominance.
    If a target begins their turn as a part of a Grapple but
    with no Dominance, they may choose to contest the
    Grapple as a Full Action. If they do, all participants
    make opposed Combat or Athletics Check. Whoever
    wins then may choose to either continue the Grapple
    and gain Dominance, or to end the Grapple.
    If a target has the Phasing or Teleporter Capability, they
    may also use those to escape from a Grapple on their
    turn with no check required.
    If a target begins their turn as part of a Grapple and has
    Dominance, they may take one of the following actions
    as a Full Action.
    » End the Grapple.
    » Secure: They gain a +3 Bonus to the next opposed
    check they make in the Grapple.
    » Attack: They may automatically hit with an Un-
    armed Struggle Attack.
    » Move: They Shift, dragging the other person in the
    grapple with them. The user’s Movement Capability
    is lowered by the other grappler’s Weight Class.
    Last edited by CateranEnforcer; 2019-09-23 at 09:34 AM.

  18. - Top - End - #198
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2017

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    OK Tru, time to get out of that aqueeze. You've rested enough, now that ballon can takea nap.

    Tru nods slowly and lets out a huge yawn right in the face of evil Drifloon. Maybe if it falls asleep it would make a good pillow.

    With the thrid Drifloon fleeing after Tru's previous miss, Constance gives it up for gone. Looking over to her compainions she sees the battles raging on over there.

    Uh oh, looks like those Drillbur did not want to play nice.
    Looking down at the Skiddo, Constance gently pats it head. You stay with me little guy and I'll kepp you safe.

    Constance considered her options. Unleashing Arabella this close to the Tauros was likley a bad idea. Tru was already engaged and Hitchcock was a complete wild card and in no condition to fight.

    She notices the little puff riding the Skiddo and gets an idea.

    Iggy dear, would you mind helping out Margret? Those mean molemen are hurting her. Could you go over and help make them stop?




    Spoiler: Battle Mechanics
    Show

    Doing the rolls first so my post will make sense
    Constance Tags Drifloon2
    Truant Roll (1d20)[14]
    Tru uses Yawn. Yawn cannot miss. Drifloon 2 will fall alseep at the end of its next turn.



    Last edited by Lorrel; 2019-09-23 at 10:40 AM.

  19. - Top - End - #199
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Dr.Gunsforhands's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    Seeing his insectoid teammate already in on the mole man action, Ajax's jigglypuff excitedly nods to Constance, taps the skiddo's head to get its attention and points in the direction of the battle. The skiddo shakes its head and huddles next to Constance's legs, shivering. Iggy sighs, disappointed, but nonetheless disembarks and starts walking over to assist Bors and Anorith.

    "Ss! That all you got?"

    Meanwhile, Ajax is letting the mole wail on her left forearm. It's not painless, but as long as it's not hurting anyone else, it's all according to plan.

    The drifloon is... less planned. Barboach stares tensely at the ghost as it floats overhead. Ajax has to regain the undisciplined fish's attention and think about slowing it down later.

    "Hey! Barboach! One more water gun over here!"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Barboach slowly backs away from the drifloon on instinct, whether Ajax likes it or not. Shift from L10 to M10.

    Command! (3d6)[9]

    Water Gun! (1d20)[10]

    Damage! (1d6+19)[22]


    Anorith is still set on taking out his target and is practically on top of the mole by the time his round pink friend gets there. He practically trips over his other, newer round pink friend in his haste to get another scratch in. If it turns out that it's already KO'd... well, Anoriths aren't known as tactical geniuses.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Bottom-of-round Pound! (1d20)[18] + not flanking bonus because it's not actually Anorith's turn yet
    Damage: (2d6+20)[26]

    Scratch-o! (1d20)[10] + maybe flanking bonus???
    Damage: (1d8+24)[29]
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2019-09-23 at 04:00 PM.
    Mina, Lynera, Ajax, Vena.
    Avatar by the Ninja Chocobo.

  20. - Top - End - #200
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    As soon as the mud hits Bors, he lets out a loud wail, causing Margret to recoil backwards. The bawling Whismur was inconsolable as she tried to coddle and comfort it, sending out sonic waves at anything it saw as an enemy.

    It'll be ok Bors, it's just a scratch. Nothing to worry about! she said through her own painful cuts.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Bors uses echoed voice! (1d20)[6] +1 from focused training and -1 from accuracy debuff. AC 2
    (2d8+22)[32]
    He targets Drillbur 3 if its still up, then Drillbur 2, and if both are fainted then it attacks the Drifloon for no effect.
    /
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

    Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

    Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

    World at War (PTA) as Francis May

    GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

  21. - Top - End - #201
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RedKnightGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2016

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    At this point, the wild pokemon begin to drop one by one. The sonic attack from Bors blasts the Drilbur onto its back and it does not get up. The fleeing Drifloon almost makes it to the treeline before a the burst of water from the Baroboach hits it and sends it tumbling down. The other Drifloon squeezes Tru as hard as it can, but it soon succumbs to sleep and its arms fall limply to the ground, freeing the Slakoth. The final Drilbur doesn't seem to like its odds and it buries its face the ground as it burrows deep into the ground.

    With most of the combatants disabled or fleeing, you can have a much better look at this corner of the ranch. The Skiddo keeps close to Constance, hiding it's head. The sleeping Drifloon is not much of a threat right now as it snores peacefully, inflating and deflating it's round body. Constance noticed that the Skiddo appears relatively unharmed from the ordeal.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Drifloon uses Gust on Tru!
    Attack 5 vs 2
    Damage 24 Flying Special

    Constrict on Tru as a Swift Action!
    Attack, hits automatically!
    Damage 14 Normal Physical

    Drifloon falls asleep!

    Drilfoon and Drilbur are available for capture. 60 pokemon EXP is awarded on combat end, divided how you want between your pokemon.
    Last edited by CateranEnforcer; 2019-09-30 at 07:06 PM.

  22. - Top - End - #202
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Dr.Gunsforhands's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    Ajax stands back up as the drilbur figures out the score and runs for it. Once the drifloon is down, she looks around to check on everyone else.

    "Everyone alright? Margaret?"

    Iggy and Anorith wave back. The dumb and happy looks on their faces would seem to indicate that there's no more battle to be had, at least as far as they know. Margaret and Constance are probably better authorities in that regard.

    Once she's satisfied that no one needs to be dragged to the hospital, Ajax sets about her usual job of cataloging everything: the drifloon with a caption indicating their strange behavior, and the drilbur sorted in an album with the divots and furrows they leave behind when burrowing. That could be helpful for tracking them down in the future. Barboach follows her around as she does this, if only because she's proven herself a good meat shield. She pets him, not much minding the slime this leaves on her hand.

    "Makes sense that moles like to pop up and steal food," Ajax says to the party as she looks over the scene one more time, "It normal for drifloon to kidnap pokémon like that? Or possibly another instance of whatever your murkrow has?"

    Spoiler: Picture Perfect
    Show
    XP!
    Barboach +35
    Iggy +15
    Anorith +10
    Mina, Lynera, Ajax, Vena.
    Avatar by the Ninja Chocobo.

  23. - Top - End - #203
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2017

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    Constance winced as Tru underwent a double barrage before finally bringing the evil balloon down for some rest. Tru slowly moved back towards her, looking rather worse for wear. He looked up her expectantly, and Constance gently picked him up and placed him in her bag. Giving him a treat she said
    You did great out there Tru! You saved this poor little guy from a fate I'd rather not think about. You make quite the warrior when you try. Rest now, you've earned it.

    With Tru safely stowed away, Constance turns her attention to the little goat hiding at her legs. Looks like you made it out without too much damage little guy. Where are your parents, you are awfully little to be on your own. Maybe Mia will recognize you.

    Constance will pat the Skiddo on the head and motion for it to follow as she meets up with Ajax and Margret.

    Ouch, that battle looked kind rough. Are you two OK?
    I have never heard of Drifloon trying to kidnap other Pokemon before, but I guess I never really looked into their eating habits. I suppose it would make sense for them to work together like that.
    We should probably meet back up with Mia and let her know what happened.



    Spoiler
    Show

    Constance will survey the surrounding post battle
    Perception (4d6)[10]
    Pokemon Ed to see if she recalls anything about Drifloon behaviour ( I will alter the post if needed) (4d6)[10]
    If either Ajax or Marget's wounds look bad Constance will see what she can do to help
    Med Ed (3d6)[8]

    60 XP to Tru since the the others sat this one out.

    Tru levels up to level 10

    Last edited by Lorrel; 2019-10-01 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Forgot the Pokemon XP

  24. - Top - End - #204
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    I'll be fine. Might need a few stitches, but nothing I haven't felt before,, though it was the first time she'd been hurt instead of feeling it through her Pokemon.

    She gladly accepted any medical help offered, while releasing Gawain, who immediately began checking for threats. When he whined in complaint that he hadn't gotten into any of the fun, Margret rubbed his head. Don't worry goober, just trying to give Bors some real battle experience. You're still my ace.

    The two of the walked over to the Drifloon, where she knelt down next to one of them. A flying pokemon could be very useful to her, though she was going to need to iron out those pesky kidnapping tendencies before she could reliably use it. She pulled a pokeball from her pack and pressed it gently against the fainted pokemon's body.

    I agree that we should touch base with Mia. I don't know enough about these foriegn species to tell whether its normal behavior or not.
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

    Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

    Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

    World at War (PTA) as Francis May

    GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

  25. - Top - End - #205
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Dr.Gunsforhands's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    Ajax nods and returns to collect one of the unconscious moles. "You're coming too, miscreant."

    She traded a voucher for some balls from the shop on the way, and already handed one to Nessa to pay her back. Barboach makes a wet raspberry sound as the Drilbur is caught. It's the same one that wounded the fish earlier.
    Mina, Lynera, Ajax, Vena.
    Avatar by the Ninja Chocobo.

  26. - Top - End - #206
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RedKnightGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2016

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    The fainted pokemon lie in the field all around you. The Drilbur left large holes in the ground marking their passage. The feeding troughs sit on top of a pile of spilled grains. With the threat passed, the Girafarig move back in and survey the damage.

    The Skiddo sniffs feed on the ground cautiously. He accidentally lets too much in its nose and it inhales deeply and let's out a sneeze. Oddly, you see bubbles pop out of his nose. The hapless pokemon looks confused and scared.

    To the south, you still hear the snorts and grunts of angry Tauros.

    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Both pokemon are level 10 with only normal level up moves. Ability is your choice. The Drilbur is a male. The Drifloon is a female.


    Spoiler: Constance skills
    Show
    The injuries sustained in battle are relatively light. A short trip to a pokemon center should fix things up just fine. No one is in any real trouble.

    The idea that Drifloon steal children by floating them away was always more of a wives tale than a documented reality. They are not native obviously, so it's unlikely most people have seen them much. They normally seem pretty docile and easy to train from what you recall.

    You scan the trees to see if you can find what the Drifloon might have fleeing towards. There is movement in the tree, and something seems off about the pidgey sitting in the tree.

  27. - Top - End - #207
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    I should probably go calm them down, Margret said, nodding her head towards the Tauros. With Gawain as her guide, she walked towards them and settled on the ground, cross legged.

    She reached out with her mind, trying to connect with the three closest ones. She tried to radiate peace and serenity towards them, letting them inside her mind so they could realize that the danger had passed. While her skills lacked in clarity and focus, they made up for in their inability to deceive.

    It's ok boys, we took care of it. Nothing to worry about anymore.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Channelling checks if needed
    (4d6+2)[15]
    (4d6+2)[15]
    (4d6+2)[17]

    Regardless, I'll still use Mystic Senses to use intuition when affecting the attitudes of pokemon instead of charm.
    (4d6+2)[14]
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

    Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

    Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

    World at War (PTA) as Francis May

    GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

  28. - Top - End - #208
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2017

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    Constance pauses slightly as the little goats sneezes, and seems as shocked as the Skiddo about what came out. She tries to calm him down as she takes a closer look at the Pidgey.

    You know Ajax, you may be on to something. Those odd Drifloon were carrying this Skiddo off to those trees and there is a Pidgey up there that doesn't seem quite right. I wonder if he is a friend of the owl from yesterday. I'd rather not have another impromptu gathering of the wilds like last night. I wonder what is making the locals seek out the 'different' Pokemon. That seems out of character from anything I know about standard species... Margret, are you able to do your psychic power thing on it? It is over there, Constance says, pointing to the trees. She also takes a moment to see if their owl friend is hanging out anywhere near by.
    Constance remembers what Charlotte had said about Mewtwo. That was definitely someone who could make the Pokemon behave the way they are. Putting those thoughts aside for a moment, Constance turns here attention to the Skiddo who is still hiding scared at her legs.
    It's OK little guy. I am not sure what is going on here, but I will do everything I can to keep you safe.

    Spoiler
    Show


    Pokemon Ed (Pokephychologist) to improve Skiddo's mood after everything it has been through (4d6)[10]
    Charm to help SKiddo feel more comfortable with her after his little sneeze. (4d6)[16]
    Perception to look closer at the Pidgey off in the trees and to see if he is alone up there (4d6)[15]
    Perception to try and find their owl in the surrounding area. (4d6)[17]

  29. - Top - End - #209
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Dr.Gunsforhands's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    "Hm. Should try to bring these birds in when we see them."

    Ajax tries to get close enough to the offending pidgey to see what exactly is so off about it, and ideally get a good grass whistle from the surrounding trees before it flies off. She waves Iggy to follow as backup.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception: (4d6)[12]
    Stealth?: (2d6)[12]
    Mina, Lynera, Ajax, Vena.
    Avatar by the Ninja Chocobo.

  30. - Top - End - #210
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RedKnightGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2016

    Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

    Mia is no where to be seen as Margaret approaches the nearby Tauros. Her efforts seem successful as the Tauros cease their stomping and grunting.

    Spoiler: Channeling
    Show
    Linking with them is a simple task and you feel the anger and fear instilled with them. While normally hot tempered anyways, these pokemon are especially easily triggered. Their unrest is simply the way their species reacts to stress and it seems to be caused by more than just the Drilbur attack. You get the feeling that they are aware of strange things happening in these woods and it has put them on edge. Your efforts do a lot to soothe them however, and you can identify the 'alpha' of the herd. You can see that he values the safety of the pens very highly and intends to respond violently should something threaten them.


    Constance's and Ajax's closer examination of the Pidgey in the tree does not go unnoticed. The bird looks over to Constance and if becomes clear why it looked off to her; the pokemon as the telltale beady eyes that mark it as a transformed ditto rather than a natural Pidgey. Rather than retreat after being spotted, it instead flaps down in front of the two of you and lets out a low cooing sound directed at the Skiddo. Then it takes back off a short distance into the trees over the fence and looks back over it's shoulder at you, flapping it's wings pointedly.

    The Skiddo still hides behind Constance's feet, but it seems calmer after the ordeal. It is still clearly nervous, but for now it follows the girl anywhere she goes. Addtionally, despite Constance's best efforts, she does not see the Hoothoot from the night before.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •