New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Summer Camp at Goldenrod

"Ditto," Ajax mutters, stating the obvious. "Trying to lead us somewhere?"

She doesn't overthink it. She picks up Iggy as usual and follows the dit-pidge to whatever it wants to show her.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ettin in the Playground

Margret rose, patting the alpha Tauros on the nose and silently forming a bond with him. It would keep them connected and let her see through his eyes. She wanted to keep an eye on the area just in case, and maybe she'd get a glimpse of whatever was going on in the forest.

Gawain led her back to her party. These Tauros are super on edge. They feel that something's up in the forests of this park too and its got them antsy. The Drillbur got off lucky with us. Had we not stepped in, I wouldn't doubt that they'd be mangled by now.

Anyways, I can't figure out whether the weird stuff happening is all part of our training or if we should tell someone.
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

World at War (PTA) as Francis May

GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Constance shrugs and follows the Ditto, keeping the Skiddo close with her.
    It doesn't seem overly hostile. I am hoping it is leading us to this little guys family. Although it could be leading to our deaths, so I suppose we should stay alert. Nothing I learned in school mentioned this kind of behaviour from Pokemon.

In response to Margret's question, Constance nods. I think we are at the point where we need to say something. The wildlife is on edge and we have seen some very odd things. If it is intended, then so be it, but I would rather know for sure. Plus I still need to get help for Hitchcock.

Constance keeps her eyes peeled while following the ditto. She is looking to see if there is another gathering of the wilds, or if there are other Skiddo nearby.

Spoiler
    Show

Perception in the woods: (4d6)[14]

4. - Top - End - #214
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

As you follow the Pidgey/Ditto it looks back every few steps to make sure you are still close behind. It also stops to peck at the ground as though it's looking for something. It's leads you into the forest in a zig-zag path to the point you think you have retraced some of your own steps a few times. Nothing comes out to bother you as you journey for about twenty minutes. Ajax recognizes the pine forest very well from her records earlier, even if it isn't the exact same place you met the pokemon before.

When you stop in front of a large fallen and rotting tree, the Ditto makes a cooing sound, and you hear something shuffling from the inside. a few moments later, you see the clown-like head of a pokemon stick out from a crevice. The Mr Mime looks a bit startled at your presence here, the Ditto wastes no time before reforming it's gelatinous body to copy that of the Mr Mime. He begins a series of hand and body motions that look like some kind of sign language. Or maybe they are playing charades, you can't quite be sure.

When they finish the Mr Mime looks over to you and holds up one finger, seemingly asking you to wait. He reaches into the rotted out tree and pulls out a white coat. Or at least it used to be white before it was drug though a hold in a tree. Now it is smudged with dirt and pine needles stick out at odd angles. He also retrieves a stethoscope and places it around his neck and points at it with a smile. He address your group with a wave and points at the Skiddo following you. He beckons to it and pretends to listen to his heartbeat from here. He smiles a bit more and scratches his chin in thought and picks up an imaginary object from an imaginary tray and makes a cutting motion with it. He looks back over and smiles again expectantly. He beckons the Skiddo over once more.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ettin in the Playground

"Think I get what you're asking," Ajax says. "Still, have at least two problems with this. Where'd you get that doctor stuff from?"

6. - Top - End - #216
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Oooooohhhkkkaaayyy....I was definitely not expecting Dr. Mime. You guys are seeing this too right? I didn't bump my head in the night or anything?

Constance continues, not really sure of herself anymore.
    I am not sure if it literally wants to cut something off of Skiddo or if it is a metaphor. And I am not sure how much speech the good doctor understands. Well I suppose I have to do my best...

Taking a good hard look at the Mime, and Ditto, Constance attempts to determine their intentions which is easier said than done for such an enigmatic duo.
    Looking over at the Mime, Constance points down at the little Skiddo following her. She bends over and gives it a big hug while looking directly at the 'doctor' She then straightens up and pantomimes fighting off an invisible foe trying to hurt the Skiddo. Drama was never her strong suit, so she hoped Dr. Mime understood the premise - Skiddo is a friend and we will not let it be hurt.

After her display she scans the woods to see what other Pokemon may be encircling them. Constance wasn't exactly sure what they wanted and how it may play out, so knowing what was in the area sooner was a good idea.

Spoiler
    Show

Intuition Roll for motives [roll][2d6[/roll]
    Perception Roll for surroundings (4d6)[17]
    Focus? for the charades performance (4d6)[16]

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ettin in the Playground

I think I'd rather take the Skiddo to a real pokemon center. No offense Mime, but you don't seem like much of a healer. He doesn't need anything cut off, does he?

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ettin in the Playground

"Think they'd know all that," Ajax says, "Dit-pidge saw the whole thing, and Skiddo wasn't hit for damage like you were or I was."

She gives the wild magician-types an analytical look. She really wants to get a picture, but part of her feels like this is all meant to be a secret.

"Maybe... You two know something about those drifloon? Think they might have done something to him?"
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2019-10-16 at 04:55 PM.

9. - Top - End - #219

RedKnightGirl

Dr Mime responds with a shocked expression. He points again at the Skiddo and then holds his neck like he is choking. He very pointedly repeats his cutting motion, like he is using a scalpel and scoops something out and stomps on it. He ends this performance with a smile and nod.

He then poinrs at Ajax specifically and nods when she mentions the Drifloon. He reaches up like he is being handed something and sets it down. This motion repeats several times and the Mime does his cutting procedure several times in a row on different recipients. He throws his hands wide to proudly show his work.

The Ditto steps in to help, while Dr Mime is performing his procedures, it transforms into a Rattata and runs around happily afterwards. It does this again as a Drifloon, a Weedle, a Kabuto, and lastly a Murkrow. However, the Murkrow still seems sick after the procedure. Dr Mine quickly stands in front of the Ditto and shoos it away. He turns back to smile at group.

Spoiler: Constance
    Show
    You feel like you got your message across and that he appreciates you responding in a manner he better understands. Still you think he seems a bit nervous and off guard interacting with you. Despite his smiles, he is losing his patience. Her really wants you to just agree. You do notice that it's not only dirt on his coat, but likely blood as well. Still no sign of any pokemon following you

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ettin in the Playground

Ajax nods and looks down at the Skiddo, then looks up to the rest of the party. "Seem to know what they're doing. Could shed some light on what's going on. I think we should let them do it."

She readies her camera, marks this location on her map and creates a new folder to document the procedure. This probably isn't going in her actual scrapbook.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ettin in the Playground

Margret blinked when the Murkrow stayed sick. Obviously the ditto knew something ... but would mentioning it be the wrong move? Better to wait until after the operation was over. So she just sat down, back to a tree, and scratched behind Gawain's ears. It was the growlithe's favorite spot, though she had to make sure he didn't aaccidentally cough out enough flames to start a fire.

All the while she kept close eyes ... or well, Gawain kept close eyes on the Mime and the Ditto. What was going on here?

Spoiler
    Show
    Intuition (4d6+2)[18] to see if the Mime is trying to hid something about Murkrow, and if so, how the Ditto reacted to that.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #222
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Well, I think we know where that Murkrow went, Constance thought to herself. She stood there in silence for a moment, conflicted internally. She wanted to get help for the Skiddo and Hitchcock, but could she trust Dr. Mime? She knew that with the way the Skiddo trusted her that it would follow whichever choice she made, which made it all the harder to know what was best.

She looked down at the scared Skiddo, and then back at the Mime. She knew deep down that whatever was wrong with these Pokemon was unusual and the procedure to help them unorthodox. The Ditto appeared to be honest, especially given that he shw the unsuccessful procedure with the Murkrow in addition to the good ones.

Slowly Constance nods over at the Mime, and carefully brings the Skiddo over. She leans over and speaks to it.
    I know this is scary, but I think our friend here can help with those bubbles. It looks like he has helped others already, so he may be our best chance. I'll be right here the whole time.

She takes out a Pokeball.
    If something goes wrong, don't run. I will tap you with this and you will be safe until I can find someone else who can help, ok?

Spoiler
    Show

PokePsycologist (Poke Ed) roll to try and explain what is happening and keep the Skiddo calm (4d6)[14]

13. - Top - End - #223

RedKnightGirl

Dr Mime positively jumps for joy as you agree to let the Skiddo into his care. The Skiddo in turn really doesn't want to approach the creepy Mime, but at Constance's urging he walks over slowly. Too slowly. The doctor rushes forward to push the timid pokemon forwards. The ditto takes its natural form and tries to shoo you away gently, but it gives up rather quickly when Constance insists she wants to oversee the operation.

The Dr Mime looks oddly at you as you stay, but shrugs and begins anyways. He tosses aside his stethoscope when he kneels to examine the Skiddo. He holds his hands out forming a box with his forefingers and thumbs humming to himself. Looking over his shoulder, you see nothing special but the doctor shakes his head grimly. He reaches into his log and pulls out a potion container, but what he sprays forth from it is a purple, cloudy smoke rather than a potion. The Skiddo breathes it in and lets out a yawn as it lies down and soon falls asleep.

Wasting no time, the Dr holds out his hand and the Ditto transforms into a Mr Mime itself and pretends to hand over an implement. You can only imagine the next steps the Dr takes as the two work very quickly over the sleeping pokemon, to no apparent effect. Eventually, you see the Doctor make the cutting motion, as if with a small knife. And then carefully... scoop!

Blood flies forth from the Skiddo, spattering over the two surgeons. There is also something else, something chaotic and formless. It oozes and spreads across the ground, a black churning goo one second and a gaseous white smoke another. The two Mimes move to either side of it and press against invisible barriers. The mass slams its body against them, but they do not budge, the barriers being quite real. They seem to be experiencing quite a bit of strain holding it in, however and the coat wearing Mine looks over to you, clearly asking for help.

Spoiler: Occult Edu 7
    Show
    The doctor uses a form of Dream Mist on the Skiddo. Often collected from pokemon like Munna. You know such a thing will not keep a pokemon asleep for very long however.

Spoiler: Med Edu 10
    Show
    Dr Mime is mimicking very real surgery procedures at a rapid pace. Perhaps too rapid. The tools are invisible but perhaps it it a part of Mime's brand of psychic power.

Meanwhile, the Skiddo needs its real wounds tended to

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ettin in the Playground

Ajax snaps a series of pictures as the two do their thing and tries not to get distracted by thoughts of looting logs for expensive anesthetics. She winces when the invisible scalpel draws blood, but it doesn't seem as painful as it might have before the mole battle.

She gets three shots of the mysterious ghost-ooze as it flows out and is contained, at which point a more sensible part of Ajax's brain finally forces her to lower the camera and start worrying. She has never dealt with anything like this in her neck of the woods.

"What... is that?"
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2019-11-20 at 06:10 PM.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ettin in the Playground

No idea, but they used Dream Mist from a Munna to put the Skiddo to sleep. It won't last very long. We should handle this before it wakes up.

Gawain, use Odor Sleuth. Let's see what we can learn about this creature, and be prepared to scare it off! Gawain flares his nostrils, and Margret is almost overwhelmed by the sheer amount of scents that entered her brain. She didn't particularly enjoy channelling Gawain when he did this ... but it might be useful.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ettin in the Playground

Somehow, Ajax isn't satisfied with the notion of releasing this thing back into the wild. "Must be a pokémon, right? Maybe we catch it and ask someone? Take it to a professor?"

17. - Top - End - #227
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Constance wasn't sure what she expected from the procedure, but it definitely wasn't this. She winced as the blood sprayed from the Skiddo and knew it would need some regular attention after its doctor visit.
    As the mass of something came out, Constance tried to determine what it was. From her vantage she had a good look at it and she racked her brain, hoping that her education would pay off.
    Seeing that DR. Mime and Ditto Doc were struggling somewhat Constance moved and helped them push the barriers to restrain the mass. She focused her will to picture the wall in her mind and pushed against the invisible wall as hard as she could.

Spoiler
    Show

Pokemon Ed to try and determine if it is a pokemon (4d6)[15]
    General Ed to see if she has heard of anything like it before (3d6)[13]
    Focus to assist with the wall pushing (4d6)[9]

18. - Top - End - #228

RedKnightGirl

The pictures Ajax takes turn out with varying degrees of success. She snaps several of them that don't show much more than a blob of black and white. One in particular, however lets you see the outline of something in the center. It's something like looking at a Gastly's core with the smoke and ooze surrounding it being like the gas that obscures one. The thing before you is too small to be Gastly, but it might be a pokemon. It seems alive enough.

Gawain's nose picks up a very distinct scent, though one hard to pin down. It's decidedly artificial, as though it were a man made odor like that of melted plastic. The Growlithe's nose can pinpoint the source inside of the largely superficial and odorless outside layer. It would seem that normally, a pokemon would have a hard time using normal type moves to any great effect since they would miss the actual creature hidden underneath the bubbling surface.

Constance feels a bit of strain as she helps to concentrate on the barrier. Without psychic powers of her own, she feels that she doesn't make much of an impact. As far as she can tell, nothing like this is documented or appeared in her lessons. The only clue that you can deduce is that the mass is trying to use the move Metronome, without any great effect. That means it's likely that it is indeed a pokemon, or something like it. She can recall the stain the Murkrow Hitchcock put on her pokeball at first, so this may prove similar.

Dr Mime holds his barrier firm and looks at you all and stomps his foot and twists it as though squishing an insect. The unknown pokemon uses Metronome again, but it only soaks itself in water.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ettin in the Playground

"Yeah, we could just kill it," says Ajax in translation for Dr. Mime. "Wouldn't be as useful for epidemiology, though."

Tension builds as the spooky parasite continues manifesting random powers against the barrier. Whatever we decide to do, we need to do it quickly.

"Got one more idea to try first! Grab a flute, Iggy!"

Ajax reaches up into the branches and fashions a quick grass whistle. Her jigglypuff follows suit.

Spoiler
    Show
    Grass Whistle x2 combo! Let's put this thing to sleep before the inevitable Metronome Explosion.

(1d20)[6]
    (1d20)[7]

If the thing isn't settled down after that, Ajax hurries over to administer her boot as the doctor ordered.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Constance is unsure of how effective she is being, but she keeps pushing anyway. She is completely unprepared for this, but wants to do whatever she can to help. Once this is all done, she will definitely need to have a 'talk' with Dr Mime about what this all is, and depending on the answers, about Hitchcock as well.

Constance hears behind her that Ajax has an idea, so she keep struggling against the barrier and hopes the plan works. She may not know what that thing is, but having to kill it was not an option she overly liked.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ettin in the Playground

It's definitely manmade ... so maybe like a ghost porygon or something? Maybe we should just try to faint it before it gets inside another pokemon like the Skiddo. See if we can get it in a pokeball for further study or something.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #232

RedKnightGirl

The parasite settles down after Iggy and Ajax play a soothing tune for it. It rests on the ground, but even then it still bubbles and twitches in a puddle. It's not what you would call asleep by all appearances, but it is in some kind of repose. Whatever you want to try, you'll have to try quickly. Now that it is no longer violently beating on his barrier, Dr Mime looks like he is about to attack it himself.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ettin in the Playground

Without further ado, Ajax does what everyone was probably expecting and deploys a pokéball. When it comes to transporting dangerous monsters, what safer method is there?
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2019-10-31 at 08:29 PM.

24. - Top - End - #234

RedKnightGirl

Ajax tosses the pokeball at the strange pokemon and it cracks open with a flash of light. At first, it looks like it didn't affect the parasite and it remains where it was. But just as the creature begins to stir awake, is drawn into the ball. It wobbles on the ground, and it holds with a familiar tone.

Dr Mime makes a terrified look at you as you capture it successfully. He runs back to his log and you see him tossing out his belongings on forest floor. He starts to wrap them up in a sheet, packing his things in a manic flurry. The mime stops once to look over at you, only to shake his head sadly.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ettin in the Playground

"What?" says Ajax with increasing panic. "It gonna explode?"

She nervously approaches and picks up the haunted ball. "Seems pretty solid. No way am I letting it out, though. Gotta get it to a lab where they can contain it properly."

26. - Top - End - #236
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Before Dr. Mime leaves, Constance mimes "Wait!" and make a stopping motion with her hands.
    She taps her head -Think-

Taking a deep breath, Constance tries to plan this out. Acting was not exactly her forte, but she wanted to try.
    She makes a scary monster motion, then a stepping and twisting motion like Dr Mime showed.
    Then she shrugs and tries to look confused.
    She repeats the the first part, but this time instead of stepping on it, she traps the monster in a box
    Constance then make more monster motions and pushes against the sides as mimes love to do, but remains trapped.
    She then makes poking and writing gestures and taps her for thinking.
    Continuing her pantomime, Constance then stirs up some ingredients and tosses it on the monster box.
    She then acts out the monster calming down and acting like a happy little critter.

Constance looks at Dr Mime, blushing slightly as she realizes how foolish she must look.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ettin in the Playground

This is by far the weirdest thing that has ever happened to me in my life. And that includes looking at yourself going to the bathroom through a dogs eyes and nose. Margret said dryly. I was expecting more pillow fights and less ... this I guess.

But seriously no pillow fights please.

She takes a deep breath, before diving in. Look, I seriously doubt that this is anything we can deal with on our own. We barely know how to train pokemon, let alone investigate whatever the heck this thing is.
    We should take it to the nurse and let him figure it out.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #238

RedKnightGirl

Again, the Dr Mime stops to observe Constance's performance and seems to get the message with an uncanny accuracy. He shakes his head at Ajax's question and finishes tying up his things in a cloth that he slings over his shoulder on a stick. He Mimes out one more simple scene for you.

He repeats the Constance's monster motion, extending his hands over his head. He directs this to the Ditto-Mime who plays along. Ditto is scared at first but soon copies the monster gesture and the two of them make the scary faces at your group together. After the charade, Dr Mime snaps his fingers and starts to hustle deeper into the forest like he is in a big hurry.

Not a moment after he leaves, your Pokegear buzzes and you see that Mia has sent you all a message.

"The pokemon are calmed down now. You are free to come back. Is everyone alright? Your matches start soon! If I don't hear from you, I'm going to send help."

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ettin in the Playground

- - Ajax Petoskey [AP] responded to memo - -
    AP: think we're alright
    AP: camp as a whole might have a problem
    AP: we'll tell you when we get back

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ettin in the Playground

As her fancy new Pokegear read the texts aloud to her, she narrated back. Yeah, things got kind of funky, but all things considered it's ok. We'll be there for the battles no worries.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show