New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default 9-Tailed Kitsune With Prehensile Tail Feat?

Okay, let's say I have a kitsune with the Human Guise, Human Heritage, or Human-Blooded feat, Racial Heritage (Human/Kobold), Tail Terror, the Prehensile Tail feat (from Savage Species), and Magical Tail (x8). What, exactly, would that allow me to do? Tail slap with all nine tails? Multiattack to wield weapons effectively in all nine tails? Multitask like a mofo?

And isn't there a feat that allows you to cast more spells in a round the more hands you have available? Or was that a monster? [edit] Ah! Multitasking, also from Savage Species. Extra standard actions, ahoy!
    Last edited by MaxiDuRaritry; 2019-05-23 at 01:59 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: 9-Tailed Kitsune With Prehensile Tail Feat?

I think with multiweapon fighting and that host of feats you are good to go with 9 extra weapon attacks per round. multitasking really depends on dm confirmation of a reading of prehensile tail that allows the first sentence: You can use your tail as an extra "hand." to qualify for the four or more hands prerequisite...

On a plus side you do also gain +18 to climb and grapple checks making your kitsune a nasty grappler...

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by liquidformat View Post
    I think with multiweapon fighting and that host of feats you are good to go with 9 extra weapon attacks per round. multitasking really depends on dm confirmation of a reading of prehensile tail that allows the first sentence: You can use your tail as an extra "hand." to qualify for the four or more hands prerequisite...
    It's actually four or more arms. So while you may have 11 "hands", you still only have 2 arms. Even if you could qualify though, you can still only speak one set of verbal components at a time, so you would need silent spell to be able to use just your "hands" to cast multiple at once.
    Last edited by Crake; 2019-05-24 at 02:59 AM.
    World of Madius wiki - My personal campaign setting, including my homebrew Optional Gestalt/LA rules.
    The new Quick Vestige List

Quote Originally Posted by Kazyan View Post
    Playing a wizard the way GitP says wizards should be played requires the equivalent time and effort investment of a university minor. Do you really want to go down this rabbit hole, or are you comfortable with just throwing a souped-up Orb of Fire at the thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by atemu1234 View Post
    Humans are rarely truly irrational, just wrong.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

RogueGuy

I was thinking Spell Flower, (Spell Compendium 198) but the text of the spell seems to specify "arms," and so you run into this same problem:
    Quote Originally Posted by Crake View Post
    It's actually four or more arms. So while you may have 11 "hands", you still only have 2 arms.
    Remember, posting links to TVTropes is Vile.
    Spoiler: Fun Quotes (Spoiled for Length)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedhin View Post
    You are vile and I will link this post randomly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Haley
    Imagining getting it on atop a mountain of coins still technically counts as thinking about you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashtagon View Post
    Humans are weird.

I'm Bad, and that's good. I will never be Good, and that's not bad. There is no one I'd rather be then me. ~Bad Guy Affirmation
    Unofficial (Self-titled) Spokes person for the Unofficial TOB Errata
    Now a Vestige!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiDuRaritry View Post
    Okay, let's say I have a kitsune with the Human Guise, Human Heritage, or Human-Blooded feat, Racial Heritage (Human/Kobold), Tail Terror, the Prehensile Tail feat (from Savage Species), and Magical Tail (x8). What, exactly, would that allow me to do? Tail slap with all nine tails? Multiattack to wield weapons effectively in all nine tails? Multitask like a mofo?

And isn't there a feat that allows you to cast more spells in a round the more hands you have available? Or was that a monster? [edit] Ah! Multitasking, also from Savage Species. Extra standard actions, ahoy!
    Tail Terror doesn't give you a tail attack per tail, it just gives you one tail attack.

Likewise, Prehensile Tail only applies to a single tail, since it never says 'each tail' or anything remotely similar. It says 'your tail', singular.

So, sadly, it doesn't seem like having more tails is mechanically advantageous in any way beyond the SLAs of that feat, however cool that concept sounds.

Admittingly, given how many feats this is eating up, I'm not really sure it would be horrifically overpowered if it worked such that each tail was its own arm with a slap.

Except for when you get to Multitasking, because that's just something no sane person should ever have printed.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Crake View Post
    It's actually four or more arms. So while you may have 11 "hands", you still only have 2 arms. Even if you could qualify though, you can still only speak one set of verbal components at a time, so you would need silent spell to be able to use just your "hands" to cast multiple at once.
    Fuse Arms' target specifies "Creature with at least two arms or tentacles". The text further explains "You cause a creature’s multiple arms or tentacles to fuse together into a single pair of stronger limbs. Only limbs that the creature can use as arms or grasping limbs are affected by the spell..."

I'm doing what I hate and bringing in a different ability to guess how another one works, but oh well. At least for the purpose of Fuse Arms, 'arms' are limbs that can hold stuff. Maybe this RAI was intended to carry over through other places where 'arms' were used.

edit: Fuse Arms is from Spell Compendium, page 100

edit 2: This isn't that important, but...

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiDuRaritry View Post
    the Prehensile Tail feat (from Savage Species)
    Savage Species is 3.0; Prehensile Tail was reprinted in Serpent Kingdoms, a 3.5 book. It's pretty much identical, except that you can qualify with Two Weapon or Multiweapon Fighting, rather than just Two Weapon.

Serpent Kingdoms, page 147
    Last edited by SirNibbles; 2019-05-24 at 08:19 PM.