New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Steven Universe Future(Minor spoilers in OP)

So, our first taste of the final season/epilog comes in the form of an hour block tomorrow night.

And, based on the preview I just saw, the plot involves 1: Something being up with Rose(of course,) something being wrong with Pink Pearl, and Jasper not taking the fact that Steven is Pink Diamond's son/reincarnation well.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: Steven Universe Future(Minor spoilers in OP)

That Rose is likely to be a different Rose Quartz, not our Rose Diamond, as it were.

Also yeah they announced the episode descriptions of the first ten episodes and it's... exciting! Very ready for this.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Spamalot in the Playground

Watched the teaser stuff. Not feeling hyped yet. The show seemed like it was wrapped up fine by the end of the previous season. The movie added a little prologue, but overall I think it's a very high bar to reach if they are going to continue the series. I'll watch and see.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

4. - Top - End - #4

Spoiler: First hour of episodes
    Show
    So, what I took away from this primarily is that 1: Real Rose Quartzes are basically valley girls.

2: Pink and thus Steven have powerful destructive abilities that he and even Pearl didn't know about.

3: Spinel was notthe worst case of Pink hurting someone before she learned better and tried to change. God Damn, that whole thing with Volley Ball's eye was textbook domestic abuse.

...So was fused Pearl's comment about how Pearl and Volly Ball have each other now followed by how... touchy-feely they are after defusing mean they're gonna be a couple now? Because if so, then...

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

5. - Top - End - #5

Extremely big fan of the first four episodes we got. They're all really good and I love them.

Spoiler
    Show
    Little Larimar is great, and it was really good to see Amethyst really knows what's doing. She IS the most stable of the Crystal Gems. Seeing the other Rose Quartz was a trip, and everyone's reaction to them is... perfectly reasonable and good. Especially Greg's, poor dude.

And the destructive rage of Pink Diamond is... honestly horrifying. I'm pretty sure the flashback we got on that jungle planet is when Volleyball got hurt, too. What's cool is that the SU movie actually forshadowed this a bit too. Pink Steven just screaming "she's gone" and that being strong enough to shatter ground and push back EVERYONE is basically what he did in the Shell.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Spoiler: First Hour: Nope
    Show
    Greg walking into the dinner and noping right out was probably the funniest thing I've seen in weeks.
    Sparxs Plays: My friend's Youtube gaming channel where you can watch us.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbj...9MQHA/featured

7. - Top - End - #7

Quote Originally Posted by DeadMech View Post
    Spoiler: First Hour: Nope
    Show
    Greg walking into the dinner and noping right out was probably the funniest thing I've seen in weeks.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I had to pause after that to laugh and I just kinda went like "oh no I'm laughing at his pain" and that just made it funnier somehow.

8. - Top - End - #8

Spoiler: Nope
    Show
    I mean, everyone was uncomfortable with the new Roses, especially the one that looks just like our rose, so it's not just Greg.

Incidentally, I'm 99% sure that that Rose Quartz knows more than she lets on and that Pink created the rose Quartz specifically as cover for her own identity as a Quartz soldier.

also, the Zooman's being given control of the station and being educated enough to run it in two years is amazing... I was kind of worried that they'd be uh, stuck as basically pets since they seemingly had no capacity for maturity due to generations of being babied, but...

But it's sad that they still hold a grudge against Greg after two years.

And Gred's comment about this not being the first time a bunch of exes showed up in town at once... What was Greg's history before he met Rose?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

9. - Top - End - #9

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Spoiler: Nope
    Show
    I mean, everyone was uncomfortable with the new Roses, especially the one that looks just like our rose, so it's not just Greg.

Incidentally, I'm 99% sure that that Rose Quartz knows more than she lets on and that Pink created the rose Quartz specifically as cover for her own identity as a Quartz soldier.

also, the Zooman's being given control of the station and being educated enough to run it in two years is amazing... I was kind of worried that they'd be uh, stuck as basically pets since they seemingly had no capacity for maturity due to generations of being babied, but...

But it's sad that they still hold a grudge against Greg after two years.

And Gred's comment about this not being the first time a bunch of exes showed up in town at once... What was Greg's history before he met Rose?
    Spoiler
    Show

I mean Greg was a rock star. Bad **** goes down sometimes.

The Zooman's being in charge rules. It makes sense since a lot of this stuff they were born around, everyone on the platform is nice, and they're all pretty smart people. The Greg-Grudge is a bit sad to see, but makes sense considering.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

RogueGuy

Spoiler: The Nope!
    Show
    Yeah, can't argue with that reaction from Greg. On the other stuff, I'm actually really interested in seeing if Volley ball actually had her eye healed. Cause They didn't show it at the end of the episode! Still, I'm glad because they showed of several bad complications from Pink that make me realize I never even had questions that I should have about some of the stuff we saw. Like the jungle vision, and the separation of powers in change your mind.
    Now, Back to Lurking!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    I think I'm going to defer to his wiser judgment in this case, because I'm probably going to keep writing responses and that will only lead to me getting myself in trouble somehow.
    - I should follow this advice more often.

Belkar's Death Countdown best guess: 31/49 days used before Belkar is gone forever more! - updated to morning at 1190!

Hey, its the Blog where I write! Dice Roles

11. - Top - End - #11

Quote Originally Posted by Ornithologist View Post
    Spoiler: The Nope!
    Show
    Yeah, can't argue with that reaction from Greg. On the other stuff, I'm actually really interested in seeing if Volley ball actually had her eye healed. Cause They didn't show it at the end of the episode! Still, I'm glad because they showed of several bad complications from Pink that make me realize I never even had questions that I should have about some of the stuff we saw. Like the jungle vision, and the separation of powers in change your mind.
    Spoiler
    Show
    It was broken in the fusion, so it's still broken now. Like Pearl said, even she hasn't recovered from the emotional scars. These things linger with you.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: They need a new book for gems.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Larimar's comments about screams were probably my favorite thing in this whole set. She even made talking about enjoying laughter sound creepy. That was great.

Not showing the cracked side of Pink Pearls face at the end of the episode was perfect.

Think Jasper could seriously be a "friend" if Steven stopped trying so hard. Some folks really just don't respond to that approach.

The Rose Quartz' being "valley girls" to the Ameythst "dude bros" was perfect.

Good stuff all around.
    Knowledge brings the sting of disillusionment, but the pain teaches perspective.
    "You know it's all fake right?"
    "...yeah, but it makes me feel better."

14. - Top - End - #14

Spoiler: Bludbird and Very Special Episode
    Show
    Bluebird doesn't seem big enough to be a fusion of a Ruby and an Aquamarine.

Even accounting for the second pair of legs(which is a new one) it seems like she has some missing mass.

And it's a shame that they're evil because Bluebird's design is adorable.

I've come to the conclusion that either Yellowtail isn't human or that it's a situation like Kenny McCormick from South Park and he's actually a half-human spawn of Cthulhu. That's the only way I can conclude that he hasn't aged at all in two years.

And the fact that Pearl babysitting him apparently ends up a horror story.

...And then the whole thing is an in-Universe PSA.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

15. - Top - End - #15

I feel like Bluebird makes up for in size increase with sass increase. Also to be fair Aquamarine is a tiny little tot, not a lot of size to add.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

finally gotten around to watching:
    Spoiler: Episodes 1-10
    Show

basically Steven goes around helping the Gems, his old enemies still hating him no matter what, but then all his relationships start moving on and going off to do different things and he is starting to realize that after everything is fixed and done he has nothing and hasn't changed and now is at a loss of what he will do next, even after he screws up so badly a cactus plant steven leaves him.

things are getting to be a downward spiral for him. I think the next change Steven must undergo is one where he moves on from his life as a hero to something else. either that or he's going to repeat his mothers mistakes while watching his friends leave like Spinel. maybe he can go be a musician like his dad? and hey it'd be better than sitting around naming his plants after his absent friends.

also Pearl X Volleyball? I totally ship it. Mega Pearl styles on people like Revolutionary Girl Utena, awww yeah.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

17. - Top - End - #17
    Barbarian in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Spoiler: Episodes 9-10
    Show
    Steven really has abandonment issues doesn't he? Poor guy.
    Sparxs Plays: My friend's Youtube gaming channel where you can watch us.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbj...9MQHA/featured

18. - Top - End - #18

Spoiler
    Show
    A thing I noticed is that Connie is away studying because if she was here, she'd immediately notice Steven is feeling like **** and talk him down to reasonable levels. Which kinda shows he's as dependent on others as he wants others to be on him, in a way.

Also the two Lapis were super cute.