New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Questionable Content XV: I HAVE MORE QUESTIONS! I Told You This Thread Was Weird

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    They did that ALLLLLL the way at the start of the comic, remember the barrista eaten by an allosaur? Yep, very unhappy faye hooked up with her crush marten even though faye had no idea it was the same guy and didnt actually hook up.
    Does that mean Momo is going to get eaten by an allosaur now?
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

2. - Top - End - #32
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Questionable Content XV: I HAVE MORE QUESTIONS! I Told You This Thread Was Weird

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    Does that mean Momo is going to get eaten by an allosaur now?
    Possibly. But she does have an effective defense against it. Perhaps we shall see an allosaur with broken teeth and smoke from an electrocution stomping by some day. A disheveled momo appears and tells her friend "I DONT WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT!"
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Ok. I think this is an acceptable de-escalation. Momo knows she overreacted and wasn't being fair, and unless something happened in between when she left and when the page picked up, she hasn't done anything that cant be fixed by just cleanly apologizing.

Still, Momo is supposed to be the responsible one.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ettin in the Playground

As someone that at least attempts to be the responsible one, I can vouch for the fact that I am 100% reasonable and responsible at all times still slip up from time to time and over-react or otherwise mess up in the heat of the moment. Some physical space and a bit of time is sometimes needed to get that initial reaction under wraps so that the sensible, rational part of me that I generally want making my decisions can chime in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grod_The_Giant View Post
    We should try to make that a thing; I think it might help civility. Hey, GitP, let's try to make this a thing: when you're arguing optimization strategies, RAW-logic, and similar such things that you'd never actually use in a game, tag your post [THEORETICAL] and/or use green text

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Momo is no longer acting in a questionable manner. I find this a questionable turn for the comic.
    My deaths to wolves (or other evil night killers)
    Spoiler
    Show

Spytrap III, Ultimate Kaos II, Monty Python, Twin Village, Invasion of the Zombies: Outbreak, Vampires III

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow
    I think Lamech will make a great Sephiroth.
    A new New York IC OOC

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

I mean, fine, Momo decided to act reasonable after all, but then what was the point of the last three updates? To talk about a crush that doesn't matter? To show Momo can be unreasonable? Filler? If it leads somewhere, fine, but if it was drama over nothing...
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    I mean, fine, Momo decided to act reasonable after all, but then what was the point of the last three updates? To talk about a crush that doesn't matter? To show Momo can be unreasonable? Filler? If it leads somewhere, fine, but if it was drama over nothing...
    Could be any number of things; a catalyst for Momo to become more assertive, tension between May and Momo to prompt May into seeking other company, a set up for Momo to pay more attention to what other people around her want, May helping Momo get over the crush she apparently still feels, May helping Momo act on the crush she apparently still feels....
    Quote Originally Posted by Grod_The_Giant View Post
    We should try to make that a thing; I think it might help civility. Hey, GitP, let's try to make this a thing: when you're arguing optimization strategies, RAW-logic, and similar such things that you'd never actually use in a game, tag your post [THEORETICAL] and/or use green text

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Anyone else notice Ms. Augustus is holding a book about Borzois?

9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hamsandlich View Post
    I noticed the person but not the book. Nice callback. :)
    In a war it doesn't matter who's right, only who's left.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hamsandlich View Post
    That is awesome! I was trying to make sense of the picture on the back of the book, but it didn't click until you pointed that out.

The Claire-and-her-Mom-get-stoned thing went on for way too long, but I loved the long weird dog they got out of it.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

Well, you could go back and, I don't know, APOLOGIZE! Is it really that complicated?
    Also, I'll admit, the Jojo reference got me.
    "What's done is done."

12. - Top - End - #42
    Halfling in the Playground

Well, you could go back and, I don't know, APOLOGIZE! Is it really that complicated?
    Also, I'll admit, the Jojo reference got me.
    I missed the reference, but now, upon researching it, it's pretty funny. Momo's *definitely* been spending too much time with Marigold.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

I'm showing my age when I point out that I was expecting it to be a Fist Of The North Star reference. I was vaguely in the right area of media though, which is closer than I usually get.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    I'm showing my age when I point out that I was expecting it to be a Fist Of The North Star reference. I was vaguely in the right area of media though, which is closer than I usually get.
    Well, Kenshiro reference would go more like Atatatatatatatata!!! So the same sentiment but different words if words they are.
    In a war it doesn't matter who's right, only who's left.

15. - Top - End - #45

I think the author did the "you are already dead" reference in his comic title, so fist of the north star got included.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by gbs5009 View Post
    I missed the reference, but now, upon researching it, it's pretty funny. Momo's *definitely* been spending too much time with Marigold.
    Momo's original chassis was a deliberate anime reference to begin with, so its more likely she had her own interest and understanding.

17. - Top - End - #47

Jesus Christ, Roko..

I shouldn't find a robot so attractive. Daaaamn

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

Roko is pretty cute, yeah, but still man. Bubbles.
    i am going to make it through this year
    if it kills me
    i am going to make it though this year
    if it kills me

19. - Top - End - #49

And she stands like she's waiting in line at the bathroom, judging by panel 3.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cikomyr View Post
    Jesus Christ, Roko..

I shouldn't find a robot so attractive. Daaaamn
    Dang, I fail to find Futurama's Robosexuality PSA... But yes, Jeph does a great job (?) making her attractive. Nothing against the other Robo ladies... wait, how do we basically only get robogirls. Where are the robros?
    But yes, Roko is too attractive for a robot
    "What's done is done."

21. - Top - End - #51

Griffon

And thus the drama-spiral begins; May makes an innocent off-hand comment, Momo gets angry, Momo lashes out at May, May gets pissed off, May lashes out at Roko, Roko takes a kitchen appliance to her face again...

...It occurs to me that both I and the comic are possibly taking an allegory for self-harming way too flippantly, under the circumstances. I'll stop that - hopefully Jeph will too.

Nothing against the other Robo ladies... wait, how do we basically only get robogirls. Where are the robros?
    They're definitely there, you can literally take your pick!
    Last edited by Wraith; 2019-06-10 at 03:32 AM.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ettin in the Playground

Griffon

And thus the drama-spiral begins; May makes an innocent off-hand comment, Momo gets angry, Momo lashes out at May, May gets pissed off, May lashes out at Roko, Roko takes a kitchen appliance to her face again...

...It occurs to me that both I and the comic are possibly taking an allegory for self-harming way too flippantly, under the circumstances. I'll stop that - hopefully Jeph will too.
    What are the odds on Roko offering May a bodyswap?

They're definitely there, you can literally take your pick!
    Yeah, they canonically exist as options, but how many characters take that option? How many characters that take one of those options exist on-screen?
    Last edited by halfeye; 2019-06-10 at 11:14 AM.
    The end of what Son? The story? There is no end. There's just the point where the storytellers stop talking.

23. - Top - End - #53

Quote Originally Posted by halfeye View Post

Yeah, they canonically exist as options, but how many characters take that option? How many characters that take one of those options exist on-screen?
    Well crushbot was a dude. So was punchbot who faye kept etching dongs on as punishment. They didnt take those options, but punchpot picked a masculine frame. And of course, as covered in the comic, winslow has his manly man body. Or deluxe regular boy, whatever.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

The "factory bot" chose a "masculine" body when he took over the shop.

"Jeremy", was maybe the name.
    It is one thing to suspend your disbelief. It is another thing entirely to hang it by the neck until dead.

Verisimilitude -- n, the appearance or semblance of truth, likelihood, or probability.

The concern is not realism in speculative fiction, but rather the sense that a setting or story could be real, fostered by internal consistency and coherence.

The Worldbuilding Forum -- where realities are born.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

It's actually not unreasonable for there to be a numeric imbalance between robot genders in the QC universe. The majority of embodied AIs we see began existence programmed for service roles supporting humans, and currently the majority of real world machine-human interfaces are programmed to present as female (there are various reasons why this is the case, but for this question those aren't important). We can even see, in the comic, a general trend for AIs with a more industrial bent to present as male, while AIs that are more socially oriented present as female (there are exceptions, like Bubbles). This makes sense, as AIs that learn their interactions by observing humans would be expected to mimic our gender stereotyping.
    Now publishing a webnovel travelogue.

Resvier: a P6 homebrew setting

26. - Top - End - #56

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by halfeye View Post
    I'm honestly struggling to imagine something that Roko is LESS likely to agree to! Going from Roko 1.0 to 2.0 even though they're visually identical has been traumatic for her; going from Roko 2.0 to Second-Hand Ex-Con/Prison Issue would be about as far from comfortable as one could probably imagine.

Maybe Roko's story will inspire May to hang out on the sidewalk near Union Robotics and hope for another falling Crushbot, though. It's his insurance that pays out, so she'd get fixed up with a new body on his bill.
    Heck, maybe Roko could join her? The yellow fembot that she was talking to in the shop said that she went through a couple of bodies before she found one that was comfortable, maybe the two of them could spot for each other and see who can be 'lucky' enough to try out more new bodies until they're both happy? That could possibly be played for laughs in a dark, Loony Tunes-style montage.

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Well crushbot was a dude. So was punchbot who faye kept etching dongs on as punishment. They didnt take those options, but punchpot picked a masculine frame. And of course, as covered in the comic, winslow has his manly man body. Or deluxe regular boy, whatever.
    There was also the spiky-haired guy who paid Sam to draw on him. At least, I think that one was referred to as "he", the hair and eyes were pink after all, for what that matters?
    Also, May's parole officer has (what appears to be) a Regular Boy chassis like Winslow. Generally speaking though, male AI's do seem to prefer the stylised chassis' rather than the softer-edged human-like ones that Roko, Lemon and the other female 'bots have.

27. - Top - End - #57

I'm from Montreal, so I cannot constitutionally read Bostonese. But did Roko just said she has been.. Faking Disassociation?

28. - Top - End - #58
    Barbarian in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

I'm from Montreal, so I cannot constitutionally read Bostonese. But did Roko just said she has been.. Faking Disassociation?
    No, the sentence was just "I been ****ing dissociating since I woke up in this goddamn thing".

29. - Top - End - #59

F***ing disassociating.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

On that note, does anybody else wish Jeph wouldn't spell out the silly phonetic accent? It just makes it much harder to read her dialogue, and while I cant confirm this either way, I have a sneaking suspicion that Jeph doesn't actually know what an agitated Bostonian would sound like.