Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: A Tea Party for the Post-Apocalypse - Interlude: Cloudbreak OOC #2

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    Happy New Year folks!

Happy new posts are up too. Sorry for the holdups!

Let's ease back into regular posting in the coming weeks - and aim to get back to a regular rhythm by 2nd week Jan (depending on Elanorin's availability).

That said, I'll respond to any posts as soon as able.

Hope you're enjoying the holidays!
    Happy new year! I had a fantastic year, and next year is going to be even better. Glad we're going into it together!
    If the sun won't rise on our horizon
    We'll march on to spite the skies.

2. - Top - End - #152

So I've kind of forgot what I'm doing and what my plans are. Does anyone have any ideas or directions to help me focus myself a bit? What should I be doing to get back into this story proper?

3. - Top - End - #153
    Firbolg in the Playground

We were all circling, vulture-like, the end-game.

• Scraps is working with the paladins of the Steel Rangers against the Enclave, but is working to return home because of Milliway's distress signal.
    • Milliway was hiding in the bunker because Elanorin had life stuffs.
    • Starlight is in Canterlot, retrieving--I think, and please remind me if I'm wrong--a jar of cloud goo so that Ooky Spooky can necromantically sew her soul back together. Also present is basically an ankle bracelet so that her not-yet-lover will know the instant she goes anywhere but Canterlot.
    • Last I recall, Luminark had a super bad day, darkest moment style, and had settled down into building his own necromantic village until it's time for the climax.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh man I canít tell you how much Iím loving this whole House Has People Problems situation!

Post coming tomorrow.
    "For love is no part of the dreamworld. Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel."
    ~ Neil Gaiman

"Just because I'm sorry doesn't mean I didn't enjoy it at the time."
    ~ Snow Patrol

5. - Top - End - #155

I'm going to be a bit delayed in starting up again; family is still in town, and I'm at a local con this weekend. I thiiiiiiiink I should have a bit of posting time here and there, and I'll try and get in my next post in the next few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    So I've kind of forgot what I'm doing and what my plans are. Does anyone have any ideas or directions to help me focus myself a bit? What should I be doing to get back into this story proper?
    Let me take a stab at this:

At the end of the last session, Milliway successfully usurped Luminark as head assistant to the Archmage and keeper of the Library. Without that in his life, Luminark threw himself into tricking out Fluffy, and actually doing his dang Administrator job. He arranged a tea party meet 'n greet with other local communities, which was promptly sabotaged/bombed by Bunker rebels (who, OOC, are very likely working with the Enclave). Injured, and with his plans blown up, he snapped, threw the Administrator badge to one of the rebels, and dissolved in a pool of his own gross necromantic goo. Which was his way of nope-ing out to the Psychic Maelstrom.

Once there, he found new resolve. If the world had rejected his attempts at Harmony, then he'd just have to start from the ground up. He'd be the Hardholder not of the Bunker, but of a new place altogether. He found a recreation of Ponyville in the Psychic Maelstrom, possibly set up by Celestia herself. He populated it with his psychic changeling ghosts, but they lacked that essential spark of life. Luminark burrowed deeper into the Malestrom, and found what appears to be the ghost of Rarity. They had a lovely chat, learned some things about each other, and Rarity set out to help him give his town whatever it'd been missing.

Once back, he confronted a hostile spirit made entirely of raw emotion, cowed it into submission, and fused it with one of his changeling ghosts to make what appears to be a real, sentient pony, who he has just named Olive Drab.

There's definitely some details here and there worth looking into (the tea party with Rarity for sure) but I think that's the broad strokes of where he's been and where he was going.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

6. - Top - End - #156

Elanorin, I'm going to need you to continue this heartache for the foreseeable future.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2020-01-04 at 09:11 PM.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ettin in the Playground

Has anyone else been having trouble accessing the site lately? Been a lot of trouble to upload the latest set of posts and not sure if it's my connection or not.

8. - Top - End - #158

Has anyone else been having trouble accessing the site lately? Been a lot of trouble to upload the latest set of posts and not sure if it's my connection or not.
    Definitely not just you. It's been real slow and spotty on my end too.

9. - Top - End - #159

I am happy to smash cut to wherever this conduit is, the current scene feels resolved

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Elanorin, I'm going to need you to continue this heartache for the foreseeable future.

This just made my day. I vow to tend to my duty with diligence!

To be fair, though, I'm not entirely certain I have any other setting at this point, anyway. ^^;
    Last edited by Elanorin; 2020-01-13 at 06:32 AM.
    "For love is no part of the dreamworld. Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel."
    ~ Neil Gaiman

~ Snow Patrol

11. - Top - End - #161

I feel kind of embarassed, but could I get a reminder what Starlight is doing in the MoM specifically, instead of just swiping a jar through the air elsewhere in Canterlot?
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    I feel kind of embarassed, but could I get a reminder what Starlight is doing in the MoM specifically, instead of just swiping a jar through the air elsewhere in Canterlot?
    From memory - you were wanting to turn a spritebot into an assassin for use against Luminark and need to get to the MoM central office to get the relevant software.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ettin in the Playground

Hey guys, sorry for delay - got a rush project that's due first thing tomorrow so will probably get my next posting opportunity tomorrow night.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

Not even just a iddle-widdle bit of an inkling of what House is feeling, BlasTech?
    Last edited by Elanorin; 2020-01-17 at 07:52 PM.
    ~ Neil Gaiman

~ Snow Patrol

15. - Top - End - #165

The good news! I wrote a post for this game.

The bad news! I either forgot to post it, or the forum gobbled it up.

The worse news! This was last Sunday.

16. - Top - End - #166

Hey Thanqol! I was thinking about this game, and I remembered you said you were having difficulty remembering your direction with Luminark, and then I also remembered we had an OOC discussion about exactly that. I hopped back through the thread, and I think I found the point where we were discussing all that. It starts around this post, and goes through much of the page up until this post.

Hope that helps!
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2020-01-20 at 09:19 AM.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

BlasTech, I was hoping for an answer to my 'what is House really feeling' question before I go ahead.
    ~ Neil Gaiman

~ Snow Patrol

18. - Top - End - #168

We're alive!

I've got a game I'm DM-ing for today, but once I recover from that I'll get a post in for Scraps soon.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ettin in the Playground

FINALLY!

Oh man, It's been a while and many things in life have gone on - but I am very happy that the forums are back up.

Everyone else still here?

20. - Top - End - #170

FINALLY!

Oh man, It's been a while and many things in life have gone on - but I am very happy that the forums are back up.

Everyone else still here?
    My presence is eternal.

21. - Top - End - #171

You're not getting rid of me without a crowbar and a gallon of lube.

22. - Top - End - #172

Just a note I'm waiting on Blastech

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

We're back! Took me a little longer to realise things were back up but I'm here now.

Thanqol, correct me if I'm wrong regarding Luminark's looks. I only have the vaguest memory here to go on and it could totally be wrong, if so I'll fix.
    Last edited by Elanorin; Yesterday at 07:01 AM.
    ~ Neil Gaiman

~ Snow Patrol

24. - Top - End - #174

Aiming to have a really quick post up tomorrow. If circumstances conspire against me and I can't, then I'll get a post up when I get back from vacation on Monday.