New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Any other Minecraft players see an OOTS callout on the yellow text?

If someone can direct me to an image hosting site, I'll post a picture of the screen.
    My Homebrew (Free to use, don't even bother asking. PM me if you do, though; I'd love to hear stories).

Avatar done by me (It's Durkon redrawn as Salvador from Borderlands 2).

Nod, get treat.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGirl

Default Re: Any other Minecraft players see an OOTS callout on the yellow text?

Haven’t played the game in the longest time, but is it the one that reads ‘Order of the Stone?’

As for an image hosting site, I’m currently on my phone so can’t link easily, but I usually use Imgur- you can use your Google account if you have one.
    Like Star Wars, ponies, and/or unabashed silliness? Check out my YouTube channel, Nothing In Particular, for a healthy dose of absurdity. It's just what the doctor ordered!*

* Surgeon General's Warning: May cause chronic hideous laughter, eye rolling, or beleaguered sighs. Not intended to prevent, diagnose, or treat any disease.

3. - Top - End - #3

Quote Originally Posted by MossyMeow View Post
    Haven’t played the game in the longest time, but is it the one that reads ‘Order of the Stone?’

As for an image hosting site, I’m currently on my phone so can’t link easily, but I usually use Imgur- you can use your Google account if you have one.
    It was not that one. It said "Haley loves Elan"

I wonder how many there are?
    My Homebrew (Free to use, don't even bother asking. PM me if you do, though; I'd love to hear stories).

Avatar done by me (It's Durkon redrawn as Salvador from Borderlands 2).

Nod, get treat.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by sengmeng View Post

Wow, I’ve never seen that one before. Then again, I haven’t played Minecraft in over a year, and I hasn’t yet gotten into OOTS when I was a big fan of the game, so I might have seen it without getting the reference. There’s probably quite a few, since Notch reportedly is a fan- there’s something from 2014 posted on the OOTS in the Media thread that says as much. Maybe you should make a post there as well, record it for posterity and all.
    Like Star Wars, ponies, and/or unabashed silliness? Check out my YouTube channel, Nothing In Particular, for a healthy dose of absurdity. It's just what the doctor ordered!*

* Surgeon General's Warning: May cause chronic hideous laughter, eye rolling, or beleaguered sighs. Not intended to prevent, diagnose, or treat any disease.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

"Haley loves Elan"
    Spoiler warning, please.
    THE SCRYING EYE AT THE END OF STRIP #698 WAS ZZ'DTRI'S (SOURCE)

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Imgur doesn't work on the forum anymore. Same for a lot of image hosting sites, like tinypic (for example, since you'll notice sengmeng, among others, have a partial image of a frowney face where their avatars used to be).
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

7. - Top - End - #7

That's been there for a long time. Since around 2012-ish. I'm almost positive it was in the original Xbox 360 release but I could be wrong. Definitely at least five years ago.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Imgur doesn't work on the forum anymore. Same for a lot of image hosting sites, like tinypic (for example, since you'll notice sengmeng, among others, have a partial image of a frowney face where their avatars used to be).
    I recommend setting up an avatar-only dropbox account, and storing your avatar image there. It's worked for me so far.
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGirl

Odd- I posted an image a few weeks ago, and it worked just fine. I ought to stop giving tech advice. I have about as much internet savvy as a wet noodle.

10. - Top - End - #10

Odd- I posted an image a few weeks ago, and it worked just fine.
    Did it, though?

11. - Top - End - #11

Did it, though?
    My Avatar is through imgur and it works fine for me. Does it not work for others?

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGirl

Did it, though?
    Okay, upon checking my image seems to have vanished into thin air, leaving behind nothing but an empty white box as a reminder of the cruel, harsh winds of fate that blew it away...

But in all seriousness, it worked fine when I originally posted it.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Post Re: Any other Minecraft players see an OOTS callout on the yellow text?

According to the Minecraft Wiki, 'Haley Loves Elan' has been in since 1.0.0 (RC1). RC1 was released on November 13, 2011.

There are apparently 388 yellow texts.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

Imgur has blocked gitp because it's against their ToS to host avatars - since many people did, and this is a big, public site, it got blocked. Browsers that have scrubbers to hide what site requests come from (I believe Firefox and Chrome do this, IE and Edge don't, dunno about any others) can still see the images, but don't count on it being visible.

Tinypic hasn't blocked here. Tinypic no longer exists. It ceased operations as of the 9th of September, due to excessive hosting costs and dwindling ad revenue.

15. - Top - End - #15

Quote Originally Posted by DataNinja View Post
    Imgur has blocked gitp because it's against their ToS to host avatars - since many people did, and this is a big, public site, it got blocked. Browsers that have scrubbers to hide what site requests come from (I believe Firefox and Chrome do this, IE and Edge don't, dunno about any others) can still see the images, but don't count on it being visible.

Tinypic hasn't blocked here. Tinypic no longer exists. It ceased operations as of the 9th of September, due to excessive hosting costs and dwindling ad revenue.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

If someone can direct me to an image hosting site, I'll post a picture of the screen.
    For posting screenshots I've taken to using Lightshot/Prntscr. Very convenient for temporary stuff. Have no idea how long stuff is up there.

https://app.prntscr.com/en/index.html
    Last edited by snowblizz; 2019-10-01 at 05:25 AM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGirl

That makes sense. I originally posted the aforementioned picture on a tablet using Chrome, while I can’t see it using Safari on my phone.

18. - Top - End - #18

I have checked the working smilies we still have (besides the ones that come from the website), and all but one ([Ponchula) is from Imgur, so clearly some Imgur stuff works.
    Arrrgh, here be me extended sig!
    Spoiler: Read this if I've posted a theory in the post above
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Schroeswald View Post
    I recognize that Conservation of Detail is Overrated, but I find the event that I am using as evidence for my theory above important enough/given enough focus to qualify for what I call Elan’s Exception, “Who wastes perfectly good foreshadowing like that?”. Also I have never correctly predicted any event in any piece of media so take this theory with a grain of salt (I call this Peelee’s Ye Old Reminder).

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

I have checked the working smilies we still have (besides the ones that come from the website), and all but one ([Ponchula) is from Imgur, so clearly some Imgur stuff works.
    Again, depends on your browser. I can see nothing that comes from Imgur, while you likely have a browser/extension that scrubs the site info from requests.

20. - Top - End - #20

Again, depends on your browser. I can see nothing that comes from Imgur, while you likely have a browser/extension that scrubs the site info from requests.
    So we got safari on the list of imgur smilies work (so the threads with lots of smilies should probably deal with some to all of the ones not from the forum not working).
    Last edited by Schroeswald; 2019-10-01 at 05:41 PM.
    Arrrgh, here be me extended sig!
    Spoiler: Read this if I've posted a theory in the post above
    Show

I recognize that Conservation of Detail is Overrated, but I find the event that I am using as evidence for my theory above important enough/given enough focus to qualify for what I call Elan’s Exception, “Who wastes perfectly good foreshadowing like that?”. Also I have never correctly predicted any event in any piece of media so take this theory with a grain of salt (I call this Peelee’s Ye Old Reminder).

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGirl

It likely also depends on the device used; I can’t see many images on Safari, but I only use that browser on my phone. I can’t say anything decisive about the avatars, since only the official Giant in the Playground ones appear on my phone. They seem to work fine on my tablet, though, but I haven’t checked.

That being said, this minecart has gone off the rails. Has anyone found any OOTS references in the game other than the two already mentioned?