Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Star Power 7: Bad Luck for the Starstruck!

Quote Originally Posted by random11 View Post
    What I like about the Superman as a concept, is not his powers, but how he restrains them.
    The number of times he could overuse his powers but chooses not to because of his ideals are his true power.

I'm not saying every hero should be like Superman, but Danica is getting close to methods that the robo-thingy that promised to stop her if she goes too far should intervene...
    The best Superman stories are the ones that focus on him as a human rather than him as an alien superhero. *nods*

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Which may be the point. After all, that would be an excellent ending arc, danica goes too far, has to learn a valuable lesson, and hopefully not get killed by robo lad. We end the series with her a sadder and wiser astronomer superhero.
    Isn't this the last issue, though? That's probably what Mookie was originally planning, but now there's not enough time for it.
    Princess Celestia's Homebrew Corner
    Old classes, new classes, and more!

Thanks to AsteriskAmp for the avatar!

2. - Top - End - #392
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    Isn't this the last issue, though? That's probably what Mookie was originally planning, but now there's not enough time for it.
    I'd say that there is no time to do it PROPERLY, but it is theoretically possible: One or two pages per mafia boss, talk to the robot + fight another 2-3 pages and we're done.
    Of course it will miss the buildup, like warning signs that she is going to far, but missing stuff like this and jumping to "the point" is kind of Mookie's style...

The reason it will not be done is because it requires someone to disagree with what Danica did, and the universe does not allow this.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by random11 View Post
    I'd say that there is no time to do it PROPERLY, but it is theoretically possible: One or two pages per mafia boss, talk to the robot + fight another 2-3 pages and we're done.
    Of course it will miss the buildup, like warning signs that she is going to far, but missing stuff like this and jumping to "the point" is kind of Mookie's style...

The reason it will not be done is because it requires someone to disagree with what Danica did, and the universe does not allow this.
    I dunno, he has done a fairly decent job of establishing the galactic defense groups as being, in general, highly competent and moral, this magic gangster planet aside, so I could see them swooping in with some sort of justification of "We got the info, came here as soon as we could, and found you going on a one woman rampage through gangsters? Wtf is WRONG with you? The other times you were directly being attacked and defended yourself and others, this time you went out HUNTING and thats not ok! YOU ARE NOT LAW ENFORCEMENT!" This taking place in the middle of a battlefield full of groaning and injured thugs that danica was tossing around like three year olds with polio could bring the horrified revelation, still rushed, but there.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

4. - Top - End - #394
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    I dunno, he has done a fairly decent job of establishing the galactic defense groups as being, in general, highly competent and moral, this magic gangster planet aside, so I could see them swooping in with some sort of justification of "We got the info, came here as soon as we could, and found you going on a one woman rampage through gangsters? Wtf is WRONG with you? The other times you were directly being attacked and defended yourself and others, this time you went out HUNTING and thats not ok! YOU ARE NOT LAW ENFORCEMENT!" This taking place in the middle of a battlefield full of groaning and injured thugs that danica was tossing around like three year olds with polio could bring the horrified revelation, still rushed, but there.
    I wish, but the Chief never bothered to stop her even after knowing the change of plans (Danica talking to the gangster instead of his orders), and either he knew about the attacks or didn't bother to check 10 minutes later what their actual plan is. (BTW, the whole radio silence was also thrown out the window when the chief said directly who has the documents to a phone located in the safe house, so no excuse not to mention the plan at least in some general description)
    Grex, who is also part of the GD, never mentioned anything and even saw the last attack as a success.
    Smith, who gathered all the evidence for months and specifically had a plan to involve the GD, never questioned if it will hold up in court without them, instead he found an excuse why it was justified (and it wasn't since there was a better plan to stop Abaxi, and it was also ignored during the attack itself).

Also, if you remember the ship arc, where Danica was supposed to learn how to make first contact, how quickly the GD changed from "surveillance only" to "yey, you punched both sides and brought refugees with almost zero real intel!"

No, the universe here does back-flips to adjust their morality to what Danica did, not the other way around.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    The best Superman stories are the ones that focus on him as a human rather than him as an alien superhero. *nods*
    The ones that focus on him as a benevolent alien god can be pretty good too, but those're essentially Doctor Who stories. Injustice, for instance, had all the potential it needed to be really amazing, but instead of pondering in a world of a more interventionist Superman, it instead made Batman presume Superman was REALLY evil, try to stop him, only to have Superman decide to actually BE really evil.
    I started my first campaign around a campfire, having pancakes. They were blueberry.
    My homebrew(updated 6/17):

6. - Top - End - #396
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Godskook View Post
    The ones that focus on him as a benevolent alien god can be pretty good too, but those're essentially Doctor Who stories. Injustice, for instance, had all the potential it needed to be really amazing, but instead of pondering in a world of a more interventionist Superman, it instead made Batman presume Superman was REALLY evil, try to stop him, only to have Superman decide to actually BE really evil.
    I consider myself as a cynical person, and yet, there is something about Superman and his ability to restrain himself that I find inspiring, and I prefer him this way over the alternate stories.

Or maybe it's because I'm cynical, and I see that the world as it is now needs back a role model to show how NOT to overuse power.
    We have more than enough examples of people crossing the lines with power in the real world...