New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Monsters as PC's (IC, 3.P)

"Perhaps I could fly over the fort walls and open the gates from the inside? That would make entering considerably more simple."

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

It sounds like a decent pay day. But surely you can tell us of any vulnerabilities it may have? I love a good fight, but it doesn't make things easy when they have the advantages of a fortified wall. Hobbes leans back and considers it a moment longer. You know something. If you paid 2100 now and 2100 on completion it would make it rather easy to split up. Either way though, I'm in.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground

Luin decides to meet up Rowan´s master. He could get a few details that could be useful for his own research at the very least. He went to look for the Sepret residence near the Hall of Vigilance. He still could remember being told that it would be easy to find.
    Thanks to linklele for the amazing avvy.
    Quote Originally Posted by jidasfire View Post
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    or Star Wars.
    Spoiler: Easydamus result
    Show

Neutral Good Human Paladin/Cleric (3rd/2nd Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-15 Dexterity-13 Constitution-14
    Intelligence-16 Wisdom-17 Charisma-14
    Alignment: Neutral Good

4. - Top - End - #34

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by JonU View Post
    It sounds like a decent pay day. But surely you can tell us of any vulnerabilities it may have? I love a good fight, but it doesn't make things easy when they have the advantages of a fortified wall. Hobbes leans back and considers it a moment longer. You know something. If you paid 2100 now and 2100 on completion it would make it rather easy to split up. Either way though, I'm in.
    Jorbis seems to have fairly sharp hearing, stroking his goatee he responds: "There is a wide double gate, and the scout reports the sturdy wooden doors were at one point burned down. Also a porticullis but it was fully up, possibly damaged. From a distance it looked like you could walk in. There is a postern, or side entrance. It isn't easy to spot, but if it was it could be barricaded easily. That would be a tight squeeze for some of you, but I'm sure you could get through. I have the key for that if it would help. The walls are 25' to 30' high. If would be easy for someone with wings to attach a rope or rope ladder to one of the tower roofs, not always the wisest way." He glances over Ellenallen as he says this looking at her hooves, lost in thought. "I was planning on primarily requesting securing the courtyard, two buildings adjoining the walls, and three towers for the full price. The three towers have storage areas beneath, 15' by 15' rooms or so. If you cleared those I'd go an extra 200 gold, so 2100 now, 2100 on my arrival. I have a map as well, sadly only of the ground floor. Only the towers have underground portions, the great hall building never had them completed." He places a map on the table and walks back to Dorn at the bar.

Jorbis's Map
    Last edited by Covenant12; 2019-06-29 at 08:17 PM.

5. - Top - End - #35

MindFlayer

Luin arrives in the vicinity of the Hall of Vigilance without incident. A fair amount of intense looks and curious stares, with only a couple mother keeping very small children under strict control. There are four medium sized, two-story houses that look to be entirely made of stone, save sturdy front doors. Though this isn't unheard of in Sundabar, most have some portions of wood, if not closer to half. All four have steady smoke coming from their chimneys. They have large brass placards on their doors, one with "Sepret" in a fanciful font you don't recognize.

On using the sturdy brass knocker, Rowan quickly answers the door. (Common): "Oh, I'm glad you came! I told my master about you, hopefully he knows more than I did. " Rowan then hesitantly touches one of Luin's wings very lightly, blushes, and dashes into the next room. (Common): "Master Sepret! Luin has arrived!" You are currently in a tiny entrance room, well stocked with cloaks, coats, and what looks to be water-resistant gear of various types. The next room is much more impressive, a burly old man wearing dark blue robes stands up from behind a desk to greet you. There are several shelves of books, three on the far wall behind the desk alone. The desk is very well made of a wood type you don't recognize. (could knowledge check if you want, local or nature) He is roughly six feet tall, and hair and beard that were likely black before they went mostly grey. (Draconic) "Greetings. My apprentice told me about your encounter last night. I've never actually seen a faerie dragon, nor met someone who claimed to themselves. Please take any seat if you want. Rowan tells me you are experiencing the effects of a magical misadventure. We both study dragons, as well as obviously, magic itself. I'm not likely to be able to reverse or improve this, but I may know who could. I am Conjurer Sepret, how may I be of service? He then bows slightly, and returns to his seat. There are two seats in front of his desk, two simpler ones at small desks on either side of the room, and three others of various types randomly around the room.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

looking over the map with some detail mentally noting each location, (to those around looking at the map) well going out and examining the fort to see its condition and defensible status should be the first order then ascertain the easiest way in , probably through the front if it is not barricaded, over the wall if it is probably the next, but getting that gate open should be priority I think, then a strict section by section search looking for enemy and ridding the area of them

7. - Top - End - #37
    Colossus in the Playground

Lassy, having heard from the runner of the potential mission, drops in. What'd I miss? What's the plan?
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Covenant12 View Post
    Luin arrives in the vicinity of the Hall of Vigilance without incident. A fair amount of intense looks and curious stares, with only a couple mother keeping very small children under strict control. There are four medium sized, two-story houses that look to be entirely made of stone, save sturdy front doors. Though this isn't unheard of in Sundabar, most have some portions of wood, if not closer to half. All four have steady smoke coming from their chimneys. They have large brass placards on their doors, one with "Sepret" in a fanciful font you don't recognize.

On using the sturdy brass knocker, Rowan quickly answers the door. (Common): "Oh, I'm glad you came! I told my master about you, hopefully he knows more than I did. " Rowan then hesitantly touches one of Luin's wings very lightly, blushes, and dashes into the next room. (Common): "Master Sepret! Luin has arrived!" You are currently in a tiny entrance room, well stocked with cloaks, coats, and what looks to be water-resistant gear of various types. The next room is much more impressive, a burly old man wearing dark blue robes stands up from behind a desk to greet you. There are several shelves of books, three on the far wall behind the desk alone. The desk is very well made of a wood type you don't recognize. (could knowledge check if you want, local or nature) He is roughly six feet tall, and hair and beard that were likely black before they went mostly grey. (Draconic) "Greetings. My apprentice told me about your encounter last night. I've never actually seen a faerie dragon, nor met someone who claimed to themselves. Please take any seat if you want. Rowan tells me you are experiencing the effects of a magical misadventure. We both study dragons, as well as obviously, magic itself. I'm not likely to be able to reverse or improve this, but I may know who could. I am Conjurer Sepret, how may I be of service? He then bows slightly, and returns to his seat. There are two seats in front of his desk, two simpler ones at small desks on either side of the room, and three others of various types randomly around the room.
    "Thank you very much for receiving me. I am currently looking for a way to reverse the effects of this magic. At the very least, I am looking for a way to track the creature that was involved in the process to hopefully reverse the whole thing. Do you think you could help me me with either objective?" Luin asks.
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

9. - Top - End - #39

Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    Lassy, having heard from the runner of the potential mission, drops in. What'd I miss? What's the plan?
    "We've been asked to clear this fortress of unknown humanoids. As of yet, we do not have a plan; we are still trying to determine our course of action. The gates are apparently so badly damaged that they're wide open, but due to standard fortress defensive measures - murder holes and the like - attempting to walk through the gates would likely be dangerous."

10. - Top - End - #40

I see. Aerial defenses, I'd assume? she replies, flexing her wings a little. Because depending on how good they are, we could pelt them with dropped rocks from above. Not fast, but distracting and effective.

Show
    Show

Show

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

hard to say what they have for certain without going out there for a bit of scouting then maybe a reasonable plan could be hatched

12. - Top - End - #42

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by DaOldeWolf View Post
    "Thank you very much for receiving me. I am currently looking for a way to reverse the effects of this magic. At the very least, I am looking for a way to track the creature that was involved in the process to hopefully reverse the whole thing. Do you think you could help me me with either objective?" Luin asks.
    (Draconic): "I hope you don't mind this:" *Casts spell*
    Spoiler: Spellcraft DC 15
    Show
    Detect Magic
    Conjurer Sepret pauses for half a minute, then continues: If there was a magical effect, it's long gone. I could try Dispel Magic if you wish, but I'd consider it purely for scientific purposes. The chance of it working is effectively nil. Break Enchantment is more likely, I am close but not quite able to cast it myself. The cleric at the nearby temple could, as well as many Loremasters. None for free I'd expect, sadly. As well as likely not today, they'd have to prepare it tomorrow. And to be honest, I'm not overly confident on Break Enchantment. This seems an unusual kind of instantaneous change. Not easy to reverse."

"Long term I'd be asking for better answers from the Loremasters or the Red Wizards. Both study esoteric magic, the former have a powerful cleric of Mystra, who may also understand this better. And I am willing and able to cast dispel magic, free of charge. Is there more detail about how or where this happened?"

13. - Top - End - #43

MindFlayer

I see. Aerial defenses, I'd assume? she replies, flexing her wings a little. Because depending on how good they are, we could pelt them with dropped rocks from above. Not fast, but distracting and effective.
    Jorbis tugs rather strongly at his goatee, gazing into a goblet of wine briefly. He looks up, and says: "No real aerial defense, and from the scouts report not very many humanoids. The southern towers are effectively platforms with low walls for partial cover. The northern two portions are proper buildings ringed with arrow slits, but wouldn't have any real defense against those flying up high enough. Scouting from above should be effective. If you were battering down both gates and portcullis, murder holes would be a real worry from a determined defender. With them apparently burnt to a cinder, it is roughly a 15 foot wide path you could cross quickly. But for the cautious the postern may be best. If you are interested it may be best to leave early tomorrow morning. Even if you left soon it could be pushing dark by the time you arrive. The kind of scouting you are discussing wants solid daylight."

"If you are, we could go to the Master's hall and get a standard adventuring contract this afternoon. Nothing fancy, just clearing the property of undesirables for payment."

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ettin in the Playground

Ellenallen stands back from the others, her blue eyes darting from one speaker to the next. She also flicks her tail in annoyance; as fast as she's still growing, she doesn't like the idea of going into a cramped area, but on the other hoof...

"This job feels important. Any old orc or reaver could make use of an abandoned fort if someone doesn't clear it out and then we have another damn siege to coop us up."

From her vantage point above the others she looks over the map, brow furrowing. She's no tactician, but she tries to help. "Hey, your scouts seen anybody going in or out? They just stay there? And were they moving around at night any? If we attack at the right time we can get before they act."
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

(Draconic): "I hope you don't mind this:" *Casts spell*
    Spoiler: Spellcraft DC 15
    Show
    Detect Magic
    Conjurer Sepret pauses for half a minute, then continues: If there was a magical effect, it's long gone. I could try Dispel Magic if you wish, but I'd consider it purely for scientific purposes. The chance of it working is effectively nil. Break Enchantment is more likely, I am close but not quite able to cast it myself. The cleric at the nearby temple could, as well as many Loremasters. None for free I'd expect, sadly. As well as likely not today, they'd have to prepare it tomorrow. And to be honest, I'm not overly confident on Break Enchantment. This seems an unusual kind of instantaneous change. Not easy to reverse."

"Long term I'd be asking for better answers from the Loremasters or the Red Wizards. Both study esoteric magic, the former have a powerful cleric of Mystra, who may also understand this better. And I am willing and able to cast dispel magic, free of charge. Is there more detail about how or where this happened?"
    "I suppose a try wouldnt hurt." Luin replies accepting gladly the generous offer. Even if it didnt work, it couldnt hurt to try either. "About the help from clerics, I dont know if I would have enough money to pay them either way."

"Well, there is the statue of the creature during the process of my change. I sometimes feel linked to it. Like, once in a while, I can sleep and have dreams of where it is. That is all I can think about when it comes to my current state." add Luin thinking about the details of his situation.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

16. - Top - End - #46

Jorbis tugs rather strongly at his goatee, gazing into a goblet of wine briefly. He looks up, and says: "No real aerial defense, and from the scouts report not very many humanoids. The southern towers are effectively platforms with low walls for partial cover. The northern two portions are proper buildings ringed with arrow slits, but wouldn't have any real defense against those flying up high enough. Scouting from above should be effective. If you were battering down both gates and portcullis, murder holes would be a real worry from a determined defender. With them apparently burnt to a cinder, it is roughly a 15 foot wide path you could cross quickly. But for the cautious the postern may be best. If you are interested it may be best to leave early tomorrow morning. Even if you left soon it could be pushing dark by the time you arrive. The kind of scouting you are discussing wants solid daylight."

"If you are, we could go to the Master's hall and get a standard adventuring contract this afternoon. Nothing fancy, just clearing the property of undesirables for payment."
    If they aren't humanoids, what are they in there? Lassy asks.

Show
    Show

Show

17. - Top - End - #47

MindFlayer

"I suppose a try wouldnt hurt." Luin replies accepting gladly the generous offer. Even if it didnt work, it couldnt hurt to try either. "About the help from clerics, I dont know if I would have enough money to pay them either way."

"Well, there is the statue of the creature during the process of my change. I sometimes feel linked to it. Like, once in a while, I can sleep and have dreams of where it is. That is all I can think about when it comes to my current state." add Luin thinking about the details of his situation.
    Conjurer Sepret: (Draconic)"Very well, can't hurt to try."
    Spoiler: Spellcraft DC 16
    Show
    Dispel Magic, +2 bonus since he stated it.
    He seems to be targeting you, but no saving throw is spell resistance check is triggered. (Draconic)"Ah well, good to know at any rate. I'd expect your best bet is to find this statue. I suspect it, unlike you, would register as fully magical. And far more likely subject to break enchantment. It can be very helpful long term to have friendly to have at least one temple happy with you, if not outright loyal to you. Clerics tend to be able to reverse a lot of horrible effects."

"Some of the loremasters are focused on divinations, as well as prophecy. The only spell I know that would directly solve it is discern location. I'm not certain if anyone in Sundabar can cast that. If not, someone in Silverymoon could. Getting them to do so may not be simple. Clerics have easier access to spells like that, but they come at great personal cost, and very possibly can simply fail."

"At any rate, I'd be happy to be informed as to your progress on this quest, it could be quite enlightening." (Common)"Rowan, once our guest leaves, please inform Loremaster Theogold that I'll need a lengthy meeting with him in the next tenday." (Draconic)"It was a pleasure meeting you, Luin Whitefur, but if there's nothing else I must return to my studies. Particularly if I hope to cast break enchantment in the next few months."
    Conjurer Sepret interlaces his fingers, and looks at you calmly.

18. - Top - End - #48

MindFlayer

If they aren't humanoids, what are they in there? Lassy asks.
    Jorbis blinks a few times, and says: "My apologies, I'm afraid I misspoke. There certainly are humanoids, just not overly many. My scout also was certain they didn't have the bulk orcs tend to, more human or elven in size. His best view was from a distance through the main gates. He saw at least three moving, but could make out little detail. He tried looking in from a distant hill but the lack of detail made this unhelpful. Though he did see movement from there as well."

Quote Originally Posted by tonberryking
    Ellenallen stands back from the others, her blue eyes darting from one speaker to the next. She also flicks her tail in annoyance; as fast as she's still growing, she doesn't like the idea of going into a cramped area, but on the other hoof...

"This job feels important. Any old orc or reaver could make use of an abandoned fort if someone doesn't clear it out and then we have another damn siege to coop us up."

From her vantage point above the others she looks over the map, brow furrowing. She's no tactician, but she tries to help. "Hey, your scouts seen anybody going in or out? They just stay there? And were they moving around at night any? If we attack at the right time we can get before they act."
    "No, for the several hours he observed none went in or out. He watched shortly after nightfall from a distance, no torches or fires were lit. I admit, what that isn't an orc and could more around freely in recent weeks is a concern. My bigger worry in monetary. The Shieldsar could quite effectively storm the fort. And this close to Sundabar, eventually will. Their fee for putting their soldiers at risk to do so would be severe. I've done well for myself the last few years, but if the Shieldsar take it I may have to forfeit the property. The mining and finished goods, particularly weapons, make this region fairly wealthy. Their demand for food is impressive, in Sundabar and the rest of the Silver Marches, and they pay well."

19. - Top - End - #49

Fair enough-that's my bad, Lassy says. Undead, perhaps? They have no need for light, nor food or anything of the sort. And they can be slight of form.

Show
    Show

Show

20. - Top - End - #50
    Troll in the Playground

Conjurer Sepret: (Draconic)"Very well, can't hurt to try."
    Spoiler: Spellcraft DC 16
    Show
    Dispel Magic, +2 bonus since he stated it.
    He seems to be targeting you, but no saving throw is spell resistance check is triggered. (Draconic)"Ah well, good to know at any rate. I'd expect your best bet is to find this statue. I suspect it, unlike you, would register as fully magical. And far more likely subject to break enchantment. It can be very helpful long term to have friendly to have at least one temple happy with you, if not outright loyal to you. Clerics tend to be able to reverse a lot of horrible effects."

"Some of the loremasters are focused on divinations, as well as prophecy. The only spell I know that would directly solve it is discern location. I'm not certain if anyone in Sundabar can cast that. If not, someone in Silverymoon could. Getting them to do so may not be simple. Clerics have easier access to spells like that, but they come at great personal cost, and very possibly can simply fail."

"At any rate, I'd be happy to be informed as to your progress on this quest, it could be quite enlightening." (Common)"Rowan, once our guest leaves, please inform Loremaster Theogold that I'll need a lengthy meeting with him in the next tenday." (Draconic)"It was a pleasure meeting you, Luin Whitefur, but if there's nothing else I must return to my studies. Particularly if I hope to cast break enchantment in the next few months."
    Conjurer Sepret interlaces his fingers, and looks at you calmly.
    Luin thought about his situation. At the very least, it was right that he might need divine guidance to fulfill his quest. And while paying them for each spell sounded like a decent way to do it, maybe he could try offerring his capabilities to a church instead. Afterall, there were also things that only arcane casters could do themselves.

"Thank you very much for the assistance. I Will gladly keep you informed. Being in contact means that you can also inform me if you hear anything that could be of help.
    Spoiler: Draconic
    Show
    I hope you find success on your studies.
    " He then goes to look for Loremaster Theogold to inform him s he was told.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

21. - Top - End - #51

MindFlayer

Fair enough-that's my bad, Lassy says. Undead, perhaps? They have no need for light, nor food or anything of the sort. And they can be slight of form.
    "That is a reasonable possibility. Many undead look humanoid or even human fairly close, much less at a distance. If you want more detail I'm hopeful the scout would be in tomorrow morning. Please let me know either way."Jorbis returns to the bar, briefly raising his hand to get the attention of the innkeeper.

22. - Top - End - #52

MindFlayer

Luin thought about his situation. At the very least, it was right that he might need divine guidance to fulfill his quest. And while paying them for each spell sounded like a decent way to do it, maybe he could try offerring his capabilities to a church instead. Afterall, there were also things that only arcane casters could do themselves.

"Thank you very much for the assistance. I Will gladly keep you informed. Being in contact means that you can also inform me if you hear anything that could be of help.
    Spoiler: Draconic
    Show
    I hope you find success on your studies.
    " He then goes to look for Loremaster Theogold to inform him s he was told.
    The offices of the Loremasters is well known to anyone who's been in Sundabar a tenday, as all being off a respectable library in the Master's Hall. Which is conveniently hard to miss in the center of the city. A page in nondescript solid gray clothing ask you to wait briefly. When he return, he states simply: (Common)"Please follow me, Loremaster Theogold will see you now."

The Loremaster's library is roughly ten rows of shelves, five shelves per bookcase. Most books are sturdily bound in leather of similar size, more practical than exciting. There are rumors of additional, private libraries below these. The page takes you towards a wall, with five well made but unlabeled doors made of what looks to be Weirwood. He knocks briefly, then opens one of doors and says rather quietly: (Common):"Master Theogold?" He apparently sees a response of some kind as he slightly bows to you and leaves.

This office is only 10' by 20', but well thought out. There are two small tables on the near wall, and a large desk on the far, where a burly dwarf in dark blue robes sits. His hair and beard are a dark brown, with faint flecks of gray. The stated large desk is covered by a dozen books and at least three maps. The side walls are entirely filled with books, a quite motley assortment after the bland ones in the main library. He stands, points to a chair on the opposite side of the desk, and says (Common):"Please sit. I understand you have a message for me? As much as I appreciate the militia, I don't expect to have time for much else for nearly a tenday. The siege is lifted, but these will be "interesting times" for awhile longer."

23. - Top - End - #53
    Troll in the Playground

Luin looks amazed at the amazing collection. He could only wonder about the contents of the books aligned just before his eyes. "I must first say that I am impressed by your huge collection. I dont think I have ever seen as many books in my entire time.". Luin had always enjoyed Reading, He could come back another time and ask for permission to check out the contents of those books. "Anyway, I was brought here to deliver a message to you, sir. Conjurer Sepret has asked for your presence."
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

24. - Top - End - #54

"That is a reasonable possibility. Many undead look humanoid or even human fairly close, much less at a distance. If you want more detail I'm hopeful the scout would be in tomorrow morning. Please let me know either way."Jorbis returns to the bar, briefly raising his hand to get the attention of the innkeeper.
    "If they are undead, then this will be a rather simple job, notwithstanding the possibility of more intelligent undead."

Avatar kindly provided by TinyMushroom!

25. - Top - End - #55

Quote Originally Posted by Stevesciguy View Post
    "If they are undead, then this will be a rather simple job, notwithstanding the possibility of more intelligent undead."
    How often do you see unintelligent undead appearing in masses without a more intelligent creator?

Come to think of it,
    Lassy asks, have their been any massacres at this castle?

Show
    Show

Show

26. - Top - End - #56

MindFlayer

How often do you see unintelligent undead appearing in masses without a more intelligent creator?

Come to think of it,
    Lassy asks, have their been any massacres at this castle?
    Jorbis finishes chewing a large (for him, relative size and all that) bit of food, pondering. "Certainly no massacres or major battlefields. The fort is roughly 50 years old, it has varied between fully and lightly inhabited over that time. It may be best if I do see if I can make the scout available, I'll attempt have him here early tomorrow morning. I wouldn't want secondhand information to lead you astray."He then signals a waitress for more coffee.

27. - Top - End - #57

MindFlayer

Luin looks amazed at the amazing collection. He could only wonder about the contents of the books aligned just before his eyes. "I must first say that I am impressed by your huge collection. I dont think I have ever seen as many books in my entire time.". Luin had always enjoyed Reading, He could come back another time and ask for permission to check out the contents of those books. "Anyway, I was brought here to deliver a message to you, sir. Conjurer Sepret has asked for your presence."
    Loremaster Theogold nods slowly, seeming distant for a brief moment. (Common)"Then I thank you. I will find some time to speak with him in the next few days. Conjurer Sepret was actually my apprentice a few decades ago. Very level-headed student, for a human. At any rate, when things settle down, you may wish to peruse the main library and its contents. With few exceptions, access to it is directly monitored, but not overly expensive. Notes and copying are more highly restricted, but are available."

He then stares at a map for several seconds, then looks back at you. (Common)"My apologies, once again too many things going on. Curious though, are you also a student of the Art? Sepret had a peculiarity of rarely associating with anyone who wasn't. Mild personality flaw really, but overall a solid student."

28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

Loremaster Theogold nods slowly, seeming distant for a brief moment. (Common)"Then I thank you. I will find some time to speak with him in the next few days. Conjurer Sepret was actually my apprentice a few decades ago. Very level-headed student, for a human. At any rate, when things settle down, you may wish to peruse the main library and its contents. With few exceptions, access to it is directly monitored, but not overly expensive. Notes and copying are more highly restricted, but are available."

He then stares at a map for several seconds, then looks back at you. (Common)"My apologies, once again too many things going on. Curious though, are you also a student of the Art? Sepret had a peculiarity of rarely associating with anyone who wasn't. Mild personality flaw really, but overall a solid student."
    "As a matter of fact, I am. I must say I appreciate the offer. I Will gladly take a look some other time. Its not always that I meet a fellow caster." Luin replies before the leaving the room. He didnt want to keep Master Theogold busy, especially with the designated calling from Conjurer Sepret. He could only hope that the next time, they met, it would be under a better set of circumstances than these ones.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

29. - Top - End - #59

MindFlayer

Early morning Uktar 27. The night is fairly quiet, enhanced by a solid 4 inches of snow. The morning is bright and nearly cloudless, Sundabar roads are well swept and nearly dry by 8AM. Shortly before this, Dorn sends runner to Eights and Aces requesting those sleeping there. To those at the Flying Monk, he addresses those up early enough.

"Good morning. Jorbis is fairly busy in his shop, but sent word his scout had returned. His name is Loros Blackrock, a rock gnome like Jorbis. If you were still interested in the job and had further questions, he is near a gathering of adventurers and mercenaries. Hard to miss, outside the main gates to the Master's Hall.
    He should be there most of the morning. I expect he'll be easy to find. Gnomes aren't common in Sundabar, and his hair and skin color is similar to Jorbis. Speaking of adventurers and mercenaries, as whole they seem to be getting restless. So long cooped up in the siege, should be a lot going on today."

He is wiping and stacking serving trays as he speaks, while looking at you attentively.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

waking early Lei has breakfast then after getting the message about Jorbis grabs her things and sets out for the meeting place hoping that her friend hobbes will be not far behind