New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Death Battle 5: Mister Rogers in a Bloodstained Sweater

Groro blurb is up. I still have to say, im sorry, but unless there is some fluff for gorro that isnt covered by the games that says he is like a thousand times stringer than he normally acts, he is going to die. Pokemon is a WEIRD world where the power level according to fluff goes up and down the power scale from barely above real world tier straight to dc comic level reality warping. Machamp is somewhere in the middle in that depending on what pokedex entry you use, he can punch you over the horizon or destroy mountains.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

2. - Top - End - #872
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Groro blurb is up. I still have to say, im sorry, but unless there is some fluff for gorro that isnt covered by the games that says he is like a thousand times stringer than he normally acts, he is going to die. Pokemon is a WEIRD world where the power level according to fluff goes up and down the power scale from barely above real world tier straight to dc comic level reality warping. Machamp is somewhere in the middle in that depending on what pokedex entry you use, he can punch you over the horizon or destroy mountains.
    I mean, I assumed immediately that Machamp would win, but maybe Goro beat Superman in one of those DC crossover games or something. Thus also possesses infinite power and - of course - can beat Son Goku.

That or there's some obscure 90's Komik in which Goro is shilled to the stratosphere amid art with a poor grasp of basic musculature and a devout love for shoulder-pads.

...but, yeah, this match-up is probably meant to surprise those who naturally assume the tryhard 90's edgelord stuff will just win and haven't really looked at it.

3. - Top - End - #873
    Banned

There's really no knowing how Death Battle will predict anything. They could scale Goro to other MK characters who have shot bullets out of the air or things like that or they could scale Machamp to a L100 version that can beat up Pokemon's literal deity. Their rulings are pretty much completely arbitrary most of the time.

4. - Top - End - #874
    Troll in the Playground

These are the same people who decided Scorpion couldn’t be killed by mystical ki blasts because they weren’t magical. Never assume with them.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

5. - Top - End - #875
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

Ok, so lets do this.
    Spoiler: Winner is
    Show
    Machamp! Couple of points tho. 1. It was pretty funny that in response to Goro's chatter he only said Machamp. 2. They PARTIALLY tossed the Pokedex out. Lemme explain. They admitted that the dex was unreliable, but then pulled up proof that in Machamp's case, it was more or less accurate. So they DID use the dex... with backup proof from the Pokken game and the Seismic Toss move to explain the power and speed feats attributed to Machamp. 3. Machamp only had Guts as the one and only pokeability. Which was all he really needed, apparently. Was a lot better looking fight then I thought it would be, though for some reason I feel that Goro was stiffed, I cant see how.

And of course
    Spoiler: Next Time on Death Battle
    Show
    Cable from the X-Men vs Booster Gold. Yay, another DC v Marvel fight. Money is on Cable. That technovirus bs is no joke, and he should be able to infect Booster Gold's tech, leaving a mano v mutant fight. And Cable is literally a reality warper when the gloves are off. Depending on which version they use anyway. Time travel, twins, alternate realities. Eh. I still think Cable has this. Unless the DC BS is super strong anyway.

6. - Top - End - #876

Spoiler: this time
    Show
    Transitive property strikes again! "Ok so since goro takes part in tournaments against combatants who are capable of xyz, that means he is able to match all of xyz himself. Somehow. Because its no problem to assume that he is as fast as this guy, as destructive as that guy and as durability as this other guy, even though they themselves dont have all said traits." I realize that without it the match would have been an even more lopsided stomp but even so, I HATE transitive property arguments!

Next time?
    Spoiler
    Show
    I dont care about either much, im guessing dc wins because its dc. Im sure booster at some point survived the ehat death of reality like everyone else in the justice league so he has omniversal durability or some such drek.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

7. - Top - End - #877
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: This Time
    Show
    They pulled out every single possible feat boosting trait they could find for Goro and he still didn't come anywhere close to Machap. A fun video, but this one was never in any doubt despite not taking the Pokedex as gospel fact.

Spoiler: Next Time
    Show
    All I know about Booster Gold is he's an opponent for Green Lantern. And I don't even know if that's actually true.

But this is DC, so I can't just say Cabel would win either.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

8. - Top - End - #878
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Spoiler: Next time!
    Show

Cable vs. Booster Gold!

I don;t know much about BG, but if I remember correctly, some of Cable's feats from "Deadpool and Cable" include:
    + Able to telekinetically deconstruct and reconstruct a house while meditating upside-down, and having a conversation.
    + Able to react to and stop bullets and rockets.
    + Reconstructing a person's genetic makeup.
    + Telepathy strong enough to read minds from continents away.
    + Some kind of ustoppable teleport ("Bodyslide by one").
    + Taking down 6 highly-trained anti-hero mercenaries in seconds (Mercs who prepared specifically for a mission against him, hand-picked by SHIELD).
    + Being a match for the Silver Surfer.
    + A brilliant tactical and strategic mind. Cable thinks at least 10 steps ahead and manipulates the Earth's population with ease.

I can't see what chance Booster Gold has.
    Now I'm thinking with ponies!

3DS friend code:
    2449-5207-9736

9. - Top - End - #879
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler: Booster Gold
    Show
    Wasn't BG the guy from the future who decided it was a great idea to "borrow" some tech* and travel into the past to get some of that superhero fame?
    With the museum tourguide drone as a partner?
    Future tech aside, he was a normal I think.
    Also, wasn't that one a bit of a joke?
    And not in the Squirrelgirl sense.

*From the museum he worked as a guard at or something.
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")

10. - Top - End - #880

Spoiler
    Show
    Cable's powers are a combination of Jean Grey's Godlike psychic powers and Cyclops' physics violating efficient energy powers, due to being the son of Scottsummers and Maddie Pryor, who was an exact clone of Jean.

Technically, he's only as powerful as Jean is, it's just that adding aspects of Cyke's power have increased the efficiency of his psychic powers millions of times over from his mother.

Furthermore, as an Omega Level Mutant, Cable's powers have no hard limit. As long as he keeps using his powers, he will keep getting more powerful and keep finding more things he can do with them.

It's telling that Nate Grey, a synthetic human created from the DNA of Scott Summers and Jean Grey with a perfect combination of their powers by Minister Sinister as a weapon against Apocalypse in the Age of Apocalypse timeline, is genetically identical to Cable and officially has the exact same powers, he's just more experienced in using them becuase he doesn't have to use most of them to hold the T-O virus in check.

Assuming that they play fair, that means that they might include Nate's feats in their analysis of Cable since they've done stuff like that before.

At one point, Cable when the T-O virus was deactivated, fought the Silver Surfer in a flying city that was being kept afloat by Cable's powers, Cable manhandled The Surfer and was fixing all of the collateral damage their fight was causing in real time during the fight.

*Smashes the surfer's board* "I didn't turn myself into everything I've ever fought against, a god, just to come up short!"

the Surfer was utterly unable to match Cable in raw power. He had to use the Power Cosmic to reactivate the T-O virus in Coil's body to win.

Which of course means that death Battles is going to insist on only using T-O infected Cable and his standard suit of weapons while Booster Gold gets unique OP **** that he only used like once picked and chosen from every continuity a version of him has been in.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

11. - Top - End - #881

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cable's powers are a combination of Jean Grey's Godlike psychic powers and Cyclops' physics violating efficient energy powers, due to being the son of Scottsummers and Maddie Pryor, who was an exact clone of Jean.

Technically, he's only as powerful as Jean is, it's just that adding aspects of Cyke's power have increased the efficiency of his psychic powers millions of times over from his mother.

Furthermore, as an Omega Level Mutant, Cable's powers have no hard limit. As long as he keeps using his powers, he will keep getting more powerful and keep finding more things he can do with them.

It's telling that Nate Grey, a synthetic human created from the DNA of Scott Summers and Jean Grey with a perfect combination of their powers by Minister Sinister as a weapon against Apocalypse in the Age of Apocalypse timeline, is genetically identical to Cable and officially has the exact same powers, he's just more experienced in using them becuase he doesn't have to use most of them to hold the T-O virus in check.

Assuming that they play fair, that means that they might include Nate's feats in their analysis of Cable since they've done stuff like that before.

At one point, Cable when the T-O virus was deactivated, fought the Silver Surfer in a flying city that was being kept afloat by Cable's powers, Cable manhandled The Surfer and was fixing all of the collateral damage their fight was causing in real time during the fight.

*Smashes the surfer's board* "I didn't turn myself into everything I've ever fought against, a god, just to come up short!"

the Surfer was utterly unable to match Cable in raw power. He had to use the Power Cosmic to reactivate the T-O virus in Coil's body to win.

Which of course means that death Battles is going to insist on only using T-O infected Cable and his standard suit of weapons while Booster Gold gets unique OP **** that he only used like once picked and chosen from every continuity a version of him has been in.
    Spoiler: on the other hand
    Show
    The one thing they can use in Booster's favor is that, as the years went on, he became EXTREMELY proficient in time travelling, to the point that he can actually do it near will. Could very well be a case of Ended before it Started.

12. - Top - End - #882
    Ogre in the Playground

Show
    As soon as they used the game animations for Seismic Toss (getting launched into the upper atmosphere and beyond) vs the anime's much more realistic and subdued portrayals (at best, jump 10-ish feet followed by slamming/throwing the opponent into terrain) there was no hope for Goro. Part of me hoped they would use the latter instead of the former since the move animations in pokemon games don't provide good context for size (which DB loves to to use to determine TNT-tonnage for any given feat).
    Quote Originally Posted by fibericon View Post
    This seems like a really cool concept, so I feel like you're going to get a lot of applications. Best of luck sorting through them all. That said, I'm going to do my part to make your job that much harder by adding one to the stack.

13. - Top - End - #883

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by WhismurWanders View Post
    Show
    As soon as they used the game animations for Seismic Toss (getting launched into the upper atmosphere and beyond) vs the anime's much more realistic and subdued portrayals (at best, jump 10-ish feet followed by slamming/throwing the opponent into terrain) there was no hope for Goro. Part of me hoped they would use the latter instead of the former since the move animations in pokemon games don't provide good context for size (which DB loves to to use to determine TNT-tonnage for any given feat).
    Spoiler: But...
    Show
    anime showed the orbit version of seismic toss thru charizard tho.

14. - Top - End - #884

Spoiler: Next Time:
    Show
    Booster's trump card is his forcefield. It's tanked some of the nastiest that the DCU can throw at it, and that's some seriously BS nastiness. He's also proven to have some fairly high-level telepathy resistance. Only thing is, I'm not sure that he's got the offense to back that up. His boosted strength is his best weapon, and he simply doesn't have the CQC chops to be going hand-to-hand with Cable. His blasters are 'meh' at best, and while potent, his time-travel-trickery doesn't have the scope to, say, go back and murder Cable in the crib. He could make that level of jump fairly easily, but to the best of my knowledge, he doesn't have any real way to tell where someone was at birth, or even last week. Plus Cable's crib was... shall we say well-defended (on a sentient Spacegod-tech starship, watched over by the original X-Men, with a Phoenix-powered big sister keeping a telepathic ear out for any distress from baby Cable).

Cable's time-travel, as far as I can remember, was at least partially dependent on a time-displaced space station ('Greymalkin'), which could prove an achilles' heel, although I don't recall Booster ever showing the capability of destroying something that size, at least unaided. Meanwhile, Cable is an Omega-level TK/TP combo even without his tech... and then there's the Technovirus, which is a whole thing.

Thinking about it, I'm kind of curious to see how they deal with the future-tech thing; Booster's is more obviously futuristic, but Cable's is actually from further in the future.

15. - Top - End - #885
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HolyDraconus View Post
    Spoiler: But...
    Show
    anime showed the orbit version of seismic toss thru charizard tho.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Actually no it didn't. Every time Seismic toss is shown. They shown pokemon has never left the atmosphere. Hell they've never even really flown higher than a mountain. What happens is they fly up. Travel in a small circle while holding their opponent. An an image of the world appears, then they fly down.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Kekkersboy

My gaming and ideas channel.

16. - Top - End - #886
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TeChameleon View Post
    Spoiler: Next Time:
    Show
    Booster's trump card is his forcefield. It's tanked some of the nastiest that the DCU can throw at it, and that's some seriously BS nastiness. He's also proven to have some fairly high-level telepathy resistance. Only thing is, I'm not sure that he's got the offense to back that up. His boosted strength is his best weapon, and he simply doesn't have the CQC chops to be going hand-to-hand with Cable. His blasters are 'meh' at best, and while potent, his time-travel-trickery doesn't have the scope to, say, go back and murder Cable in the crib. He could make that level of jump fairly easily, but to the best of my knowledge, he doesn't have any real way to tell where someone was at birth, or even last week. Plus Cable's crib was... shall we say well-defended (on a sentient Spacegod-tech starship, watched over by the original X-Men, with a Phoenix-powered big sister keeping a telepathic ear out for any distress from baby Cable).

Cable's time-travel, as far as I can remember, was at least partially dependent on a time-displaced space station ('Greymalkin'), which could prove an achilles' heel, although I don't recall Booster ever showing the capability of destroying something that size, at least unaided. Meanwhile, Cable is an Omega-level TK/TP combo even without his tech... and then there's the Technovirus, which is a whole thing.

Thinking about it, I'm kind of curious to see how they deal with the future-tech thing; Booster's is more obviously futuristic, but Cable's is actually from further in the future.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Jumping into the past to find specific people and fix certain events is Boosters whole shtick. He could easily find Cable as a baby. Or at least Skeets could. I know Death Battle doesn't allow outside help, but Skeets is basically a core part of Booster's powers. Any fight that doesn't allow him is nerfing Booster dramatically. He's also tanked hits from Zod, Lobo, and all other sorts of DC characters that would turn Cable into paste. To me, the whole fight comes down to whether Cable can disable Booster's shield.

17. - Top - End - #887

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Devonix View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Actually no it didn't. Every time Seismic toss is shown. They shown pokemon has never left the atmosphere. Hell they've never even really flown higher than a mountain. What happens is they fly up. Travel in a small circle while holding their opponent. An an image of the world appears, then they fly down.

I was thinking Claire but you're right, I must of misremembered.

18. - Top - End - #888

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Jumping into the past to find specific people and fix certain events is Boosters whole shtick. He could easily find Cable as a baby. Or at least Skeets could. I know Death Battle doesn't allow outside help, but Skeets is basically a core part of Booster's powers. Any fight that doesn't allow him is nerfing Booster dramatically. He's also tanked hits from Zod, Lobo, and all other sorts of DC characters that would turn Cable into paste. To me, the whole fight comes down to whether Cable can disable Booster's shield.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, like I said, the shield is Booster's trump card. But as far as Skeets goes... to the best of my recollection, he mostly relied on his historical database, not any... temporal-anomaly-tracking-sensors or anything like that. I think. That's admittedly fuzzy. Although, like I said, trying to attack baby Cable would mostly be a creative form of suicide; even if Booster could get past classic-flavour X-Factor (doable, the O5 X-Men weren't really massive powerhouses in that era, although Jean would likely give Booster some problems, since his shield doesn't block Telepathic attacks), there's also the issue of the Celestial-tech starship, Ship... yes, massively creative name >.<... and his 'big sister', Rachel Summers, who has at least once arrived at baby-Cable's side in a matter of moments upon picking up his telepathic distress call. Rachel Summers, who at that point in time was the Phoenix host. And could time jump under her own power.

... and for that matter, her older self was watching over Cable's entire childhood/adolescence as 'Mother Askani'. DCU-crap blocking shield or not, angry Phoenix-empowered super-telepath is not something that Booster's going to be walking away from. Attacking Cable's past self seems to be a bit of a zero-sum game.

19. - Top - End - #889

Show
    Something to note in regards to the "travel back in time to kill Cable as a Baby" plan is that his powers have been active since birth and it's been implied that he was already fully self-aware back then. (Adult Cable explicitly remembers everything since the day he was born.)

If anything, he was more powerful as a baby becuase he hadn't been infected with the T-O virus yet.

And Nate Grey, the alternate version of Cable who's powers were never crippled by the T-O Virus, has precognition as one of his powers, so if DB plays fair and composites multiple versions..

Booster could go back and try to kill baby Nathan and then immediately get ripped apart molecule by molecule by a psychic god-baby who saw him coming.

"Goo goo, mother ga ga"

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

20. - Top - End - #890

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Show
    Something to note in regards to the "travel back in time to kill Cable as a Baby" plan is that his powers have been active since birth and it's been implied that he was already fully self-aware back then. (Adult Cable explicitly remembers everything since the day he was born.)

If anything, he was more powerful as a baby becuase he hadn't been infected with the T-O virus yet.

And Nate Grey, the alternate version of Cable who's powers were never crippled by the T-O Virus, has precognition as one of his powers, so if DB plays fair and composites multiple versions..

Booster could go back and try to kill baby Nathan and then immediately get ripped apart molecule by molecule by a psychic god-baby who saw him coming.

"Goo goo, mother ga ga"
    Some time travel shenanigans was used in the fight, but ultimately, it made ZERO difference.

Spoiler: The Winner is
    Show
    Booster Gold. Seriously. They gave Cable EVERYTHING. Even made him a composite by giving him **** from X-Man. It didn't matter. Booster's Shield is so far beyond what Cable shown to handle that it was a stomp. Planet Wide Mind Control? Booster literally shielded against that. Planet busting? Survived that too. Attacks at the atomic level? Booster shielded against attacks at the SUB atomic level. And since Booster can give something else his shield and crush them with it... you get the idea. If I was to throw out a bias in their research, it was that they stated that since the same energy is being used for his shield is also used for his blasts and other usage of his suit, then it should scale. There's not enough proof of that, but its minor enough of a nitpick, since ultimately it doesn't matter at all. I really thought Cable had this in the bag. Boy was I wrong.

And this bit might make ya laugh.
    Spoiler: Next Time on Death Battle
    Show
    Obi-Wan Kenobi from Star Wars vs Kakashi from Naruto. I don't even... I... ugh.

21. - Top - End - #891
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, unless Kenobi can teleport out of a pocket dimension, that fight should be about a few seconds long- about the time it takes for Kakashi to send him to Kamui dimension by staring at him and just leave him there without food or water. Assuming he doesn't do any of the other ridiculous things he can do to run circles around a jedi, like summon his susanoo, drag Kenobi into the Earth, fire a water dragon at him, do other earth or water release jutsu, use shadow clones, trap him in a genjutsu, kill him with raikiri, chidori or rasengan, and thats just all the stuff he has been shown to do that DB likes to focus so much on, he is supposed to have much more jutsu than that to call upon and ninken which of course DB won't let him have.

or he'll get first appearance-ized like Cloud and thus make Kenobi face like, Bell Test Kakashi who was mostly just trolling around while facing genin proclaiming thats his "iconic appearance" while somehow finding some obscure Kenobi feat in some obscure star wars book that makes him able to take on Bell Test Kakashi, which y'know, wouldn't put it past them to pull.

so yeah, unless they pull out some serious Grade-A bull, this shouldn't even be a fight.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

22. - Top - End - #892

"Kenobi is a Jedi master and therefore can do anything that any Jedi master has done also what do you mean Legends isn't canon?"

There's probably some case of someone using the Force to push away a black hole so Kamui is out, catching lightning or other forms of energy sending it back is something that several Jedi have done.

They'll point to Susuke's incomplete Susnano being melted by Mei's Lava/Acid/Boil release and A's Nin-Taijutsu piercing it and claim that Susanoo is clearly just something with mundane durability instead of that being a testament to A's power or Mei's bloodlines being esoteric bullcrap like the rest of the Hybrid elements and lets a Lightsabre cut through it.

I'm noticing the pattern: Whenever it's blatantly one-sided in someone's favor they'll flat out ignore the biggest stuff that the clear winner did and flat out cheat for the guy who should have lost(Captain Marvel and Shazam. Ben 10 and Green Lantern.)

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

23. - Top - End - #893

Yeah anyone who expected dc to lose is kidding themself, and this next one is so far past stupid I cant even. They are going to ignore every single bit of rationality that points out kakashi can tank attacks that would shred anything mortal in the star wars universe and can effectively erase you from existence, and pull some jedi fluff description term like, "Omg, size matters not, therefore obi wan can use the force to body slam kakashi with a death star" Either that or its the actual stomp its meant to be. The worst part is I already see the justification for the match up. Remember, they want themes. Time travel, speedsters, shonen protagonists, whatever. In this case its two dudes who trained one of the most powerful beings of their sect who turned traitor and ended up being redeemed. Literally the only thing that matters is his lightsaber and whatever they ramp his force based reaction times to. Because that lightsaber absolutely could carve kakashi apart, the problem is that kakashi is fast enough to cut lightning in half. And thats not even necessarily his limit. That was his best feat years before the events of the manga and he hasnt gotten weaker since then.

I fully expect transitive property exploitation to the max to give us an excuse for obiwan to be able to handle lightning bolt speed attacks even though things like blasters can totally kill jedi and are very much so not lightning speed attacks. They will find references to all sorts of legendary feats of speed strength and raw power. But obi wan was not, so far as im aware, in any way, a legendary jedi. He was good, dont get me wrong, but he never ranked in the top ten of the currently living jedi of his timeline let alone historical ones.

24. - Top - End - #894
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Did not expect this result, but it amuses me well enough that I'll take it.

As for next time. Gut says Obi-Wan on one factor: Stamina.

Kakashi cannot linger in this fight, he has to end it immediately, or Obi-Wan will take control and outlast him. That's Obi-Wan's thing. If faced with an overwhelming enemy, he goes in full defense and outlasts them with as little energy spent as possible. That's how he dealt with Anakin. Keep backing up, control the space of the fight, get into more and more dangerous terrain, and wait until Anakin makes a mistake. First mistake? End the fight immediately. He even warns Anakin that he's about to make a mistake.

Kakashi's trump card is Kamui, but that's a limited use attack. If Obi-Wan can see it coming, because, you know, Jedi, he might be able to not be there when Kakashi tries to stare him down. They'll be pulling dodge speed from The Phantom Menace's opening, where Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon run out of the way of the Destroyer Droids' shots.

I could honestly see the battle be animated with Kakashi on full on offense, and ending with Obi-Wan attacking exactly once in the entire battle and taking the win. Because that's how Obi-Wan fights. Defend, defend, defend, spot an opening, win.

25. - Top - End - #895
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    But obi wan was not, so far as im aware, in any way, a legendary jedi. He was good, dont get me wrong, but he never ranked in the top ten of the currently living jedi of his timeline let alone historical ones.
    This was my gut reaction when I heard the matchup. AFAIK the only thing Obi-Wan is exceedingly better at than other Jedi is snark. Unless they scale him up to Yoda's Force Powers (because he mastered the Force Ghost 'technique' which is supposed to be insanely difficult) or Mace Windu's swordsmanship (even as an old man he was able to at least keep up with Vader), he's arguably one of the more mediocre Jedi in the canon.
    Quote Originally Posted by fibericon View Post
    This seems like a really cool concept, so I feel like you're going to get a lot of applications. Best of luck sorting through them all. That said, I'm going to do my part to make your job that much harder by adding one to the stack.

26. - Top - End - #896
    Troll in the Playground

I would argue he isn’t as much mediocre as he is basic, and because he isn’t as flashy or eye catching as some others it’s easy to forget that basic skills taken to levels of mastery are still mastery.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

27. - Top - End - #897

BlackDragon

To be on the other side of the boat, kenobi does have precog and does have nonaugmented faster than sight speed. He also has in canon reacted to and even dodged lightning, so it's not a straight stomp in that area. He even moved fast enough to make moving after images. I dunno. The more I think about it, kenobi may just bag this on the grounds that he knows what kakashi will do before kakashi does.
    Last edited by HolyDraconus; 2020-04-20 at 04:14 PM.

28. - Top - End - #898
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HolyDraconus View Post
    To be on the other side of the boat, kenobi does have precog and does have nonaugmented faster than sight speed. He also has in canon reacted to and even dodged lightning, so it's not a straight stomp in that area. He even moved fast enough to make moving after images. I dunno. The more I think about it, kenobi may just bag this on the grounds that he knows what kakashi will do before kakashi does.
    Spoiler: This time
    Show
    Well that's fair enough. I thought they were picking this one to give Marvel a win, and hey, maybe they were, but DC is just too OP.

Ditto. Obi-Wan reacts to blaster fire all the time, so speed is pretty even between the two. The lightsaber will trump whatever defense Kakashi has, and ditto with the Chidori against Obi-Wan. Genjutsu will be basically cancelled out via force powers. Most Ninjustsus can be dodged or deflected via the Force as well. And using Taijutsu against someone with a lightsaber is inviting getting your arm chopped off.

So it's going to come down to the Sharigan. I don't think the Genjutsu part will work since Obi can use the Force to ignore it. Obi might be able to dodge Amastru with the Force as well. So there's Kamui, and I think that comes down to timing. Like you can't defend and attack using it at the same time IIRC.

Overall, I'd give Kakashi the edge, but this isn't the curbstomp it looks like at first glance.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

29. - Top - End - #899
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Spoiler: This time
    Show
    Well that's fair enough. I thought they were picking this one to give Marvel a win, and hey, maybe they were, but DC is just too OP.

Ditto. Obi-Wan reacts to blaster fire all the time, so speed is pretty even between the two. The lightsaber will trump whatever defense Kakashi has, and ditto with the Chidori against Obi-Wan. Genjutsu will be basically cancelled out via force powers. Most Ninjustsus can be dodged or deflected via the Force as well. And using Taijutsu against someone with a lightsaber is inviting getting your arm chopped off.

So it's going to come down to the Sharigan. I don't think the Genjutsu part will work since Obi can use the Force to ignore it. Obi might be able to dodge Amastru with the Force as well. So there's Kamui, and I think that comes down to timing. Like you can't defend and attack using it at the same time IIRC.

Overall, I'd give Kakashi the edge, but this isn't the curbstomp it looks like at first glance.
    Everyone in Starwars reacts to blaster fire, just like everyone in Startrek reacts to Phaser fire.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Kekkersboy

My gaming and ideas channel.

30. - Top - End - #900
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Devonix View Post
    Everyone in Starwars reacts to blaster fire, just like everyone in Startrek reacts to Phaser fire.
    Well, we've just come back to the age old problem of "it doesn't matter if it makes sense, it's canon for the setting so we have to accept it" At least for Death Battle's rules.
    Last edited by Anteros; 2020-04-20 at 07:42 PM.