New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1732333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1480
  1. - Top - End - #1231
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Death Battle 5: Mister Rogers in a Bloodstained Sweater

Sailor Moon, when fully powered up to Sailor Cosmos, can use powers of every Sailor Warrior, including Saturn, who is basically personification of death and supposedly can destroy a planet with drop of a glaive.

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lemmy View Post
    Would Sailor Moon even be a match for She-Ra?

She-Ra throws mountains at people... I don't remember SM doing anything like that, but then again, I only watched a few episodes here and there because of my sister.

With WW, there's at least a potential match, I think... Although there are so many BS one-time-only feats by WW that I think she'll win somewhat easily... Although, there might be a random episode where She-Ra punches a star into oblivion or something, so... Who knows?
    The Sailor Senshi are basically inherited Mantles of Divinity that pas down to whatever "Princess" of the respective body is currently in the optimal age range. (For the record, this is why there's no "Sailor Earth," becuase the current bearer of the "Earth" powers was born a boy and boys can't access a mantles full power.)

Sailor Moon is the strongest of them. Sailor Saturn is a Galaxy Buster. By transitive property, Sailor Moon stomps She-Ra.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

3. - Top - End - #1233
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Man on Fire View Post
    Sailor Scouts are insanely strong, Usagi once forgot to measure her strength and accidentally jumped to the orbit and then landed back with no scratch. And that was early on in the series.
    I see... I only remember them doing little more than fighting on the streets and shooting lasers/colorful shapes of ill-defined effects. Like I said... I was never a fan of the show. Only watched a few episodes by mere chance because of my sisters... Who I'm guessing were the actual target audience.
    Homebrew Stuff:

4. - Top - End - #1234
    Colossus in the Playground

I see... I only remember them doing little more than fighting on the streets and shooting lasers/colorful shapes of ill-defined effects. Like I said... I was never a fan of the show. Only watched a few episodes by mere chance because of my sisters... Who I'm guessing were the actual target audience.
    The original anime toned things way the hell down.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

5. - Top - End - #1235
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Going by the clips used in the preview it's gonna be the original, likely composited with all more consistent versions like DC's comics. Similar to how they've done Optimus Prime, Sonic or Shredder. Modern She-Ra is too different from the original.

I'm still saying they should have She-Ra fight Sailor Moon, anyone agrees?
    Sailor Moon would be more interesting that's for sure. Though I think she would stomp. But her power is kinda weird and I'm not 100% sure on how it works, so it might not be a stomp. Which makes it more interesting because hey, I don't know a ton about Sailor Moon, so it'd be nice to get some information on that.

Quote Originally Posted by KatsOfLoathing View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    It would probably make more sense to use Sailor Moon, yeah.

That being said, I wouldn't be against some kind of Magical Girl Battle Royale with all of the big franchises turning up their main characters. But that'll probably never happen.
    Nah, I don't think a Magical Girl battle royal would work. It's too big of a genre for starters, and many magical girl series has multiple magical girls to use as contestants. And many magical girls vary widely in theme, technique and power. A Magical Girl battle royal would take so long to do that they wouldn't be able to cover even 10 % of the contestants.

The Battle Royal I want to see is a Link Battle Royal. Which game has the strongest Link? Each Link gets 100% of the equipment possible, which one wins?
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

6. - Top - End - #1236
    Barbarian in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    The Battle Royal I want to see is a Link Battle Royal. Which game has the strongest Link? Each Link gets 100% of the equipment possible, which one wins?
    Some of the unlockable equipment is basically god mode, so i imagine it would be a tossup between the fierce diety mask and the magic armor.

7. - Top - End - #1237
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Hyrule Warriors Link has an outside shot here, I think.

Yes, he just grabbed the Earth at 1:00 and flipped it. And that's just one of his weapons in the game.

Hyrule Warriors is ridiculous like that, and it's awesome.

8. - Top - End - #1238
    Troll in the Playground

Yea the power level they operate at near the end is kind of wild, with one of the Outer Soldiers
    Spoiler
    Show
    being so powerful that she literally just genocides the entire populous of earth to kill off a bad guy, before Sailor Moon wishes everyone who isn’t evil back to life. Although it should be noted Hotaru’s attack is explicitly stronger then Usagi so you can’t exactly scale her up. And that’s not even the final boss. The final boss being a literal Chaos God that she wrestled into submission and breaks to pieces. Which still wasn’t enough to stop it from eventually reincarnating and starting a war so long and so terrible that the concept of victory would become meaningless. Yea that manga got wild.
    Last edited by Dragonus45; 2020-05-20 at 11:53 AM.

9. - Top - End - #1239
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by hungrycrow View Post
    Some of the unlockable equipment is basically god mode, so i imagine it would be a tossup between the fierce diety mask and the magic armor.
    Those are my thoughts, but I've got Breath of the Wild Link as a dark horse depending how you consider the flurry rush mechanic. Hyrule Warriors has some wild stuff too.
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

10. - Top - End - #1240
    Banned

Well, if we're having Death Battle analyze it then original NES Link has no frames to his attack animations, so clearly he's faster than the speed of light and able to speedblitz all of the others.

11. - Top - End - #1241
    Bugbear in the Playground

So we're out to find who is... the Weakest Link?

She-Ra vs. Wonder Woman? Oof. This could potentially be a weird one, as many of the old He-Man/She-Ra cartoons ran on raw 'rule of cool' and didn't even begin to consider things like consistent power levels, so Adora and her cousin basically ended up with a strength score of 'yes'.

12. - Top - End - #1242
    Troll in the Playground

I would say less 'rule of cool' and more that they're very poorly animated. I've only watched two episodes of He-Man, and he was doing some insane stuff effortlessly just because making them seem realistic in any way would've required much more detailed animation and general effort on everyone's part. Like in one scene he can smash a giant meteor effortlessly into dust - because doing it any other way would've been hard - while in another he can just about lift a small boulder with some grunts of effort, cause that's also easy to animate.

13. - Top - End - #1243

I predict some interesting math equations around some of the stuff She-Ra pulls out in Season 5 of the reboot, especially the 'turn a space station into a tree beam's from the finale.
    Take my love, take my land
    Take me where I cannot stand.
    I don't care, I'm still free,
    You can't take the sky from me.

Defender of

Don't make me trot out Smite Moron!

Thanks to Sneak for the Avatar.

14. - Top - End - #1244

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
    I predict some interesting math equations around some of the stuff She-Ra pulls out in Season 5 of the reboot, especially the 'turn a space station into a tree beam's from the finale.
    She's still up against "I helped lift infinity" Wonder Woman. She-Ra isn't matching that. It SHOULD be a really heavy stomp unless they pull bs out their bums. They COULD take WW's animated appearances though, where she's noticeably slower than Supes and Flash, and not nearly as strong as Supes, but she still can at bare minimum dodge light speed attacks in that form. Though animated has crap like her taking on Star Fire, Martian Manhunter and others at the same time for them to have a chance at beating her. Then again, animated ALSO asked a question that I much prefer for a death battle: who WOULD win in a fight between Darkseid and Trigon?

15. - Top - End - #1245
    Banned

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by HolyDraconus View Post
    She's still up against "I helped lift infinity" Wonder Woman. She-Ra isn't matching that. It SHOULD be a really heavy stomp unless they pull bs out their bums. They COULD take WW's animated appearances though, where she's noticeably slower than Supes and Flash, and not nearly as strong as Supes, but she still can at bare minimum dodge light speed attacks in that form. Though animated has crap like her taking on Star Fire, Martian Manhunter and others at the same time for them to have a chance at beating her. Then again, animated ALSO asked a question that I much prefer for a death battle: who WOULD win in a fight between Darkseid and Trigon?
    I would rather Trigon fought Dormammu.

16. - Top - End - #1246
    Banned

who WOULD win in a fight between Darkseid and Trigon?
    It's not even close. Darkseid is so much more powerful than Trigon it's laughable. At least if you're taking his true form which is infinitely more powerful than the avatars we normally see of him in the comics. If we use the avatar of Darkseid it's a stomp in Trigon's favor.

17. - Top - End - #1247

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    It's not even close. Darkseid is so much more powerful than Trigon it's laughable. At least if you're taking his true form which is infinitely more powerful than the avatars we normally see of him in the comics. If we use the avatar of Darkseid it's a stomp in Trigon's favor.
    Actually, when everything is said and done... Trigon would stomp Darkseid. That includes his "true" form. The dude's a confirmed dimensional threat. I don't think Darkseid can handle something on that level. Of the two, Darkseid is the only one that has experienced death before.
    Last edited by HolyDraconus; 2020-05-21 at 11:02 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1248
    Banned

Actually, when everything is said and done... Trigon would stomp Darkseid. That includes his "true" form. The dude's a confirmed dimensional threat. I don't think Darkseid can handle something on that level. Of the two, Darkseid is the only one that has experienced death before.
    Trigon is a dimensional threat, but Darkseid is a multiversal constant. Remember when Barry Allen messed up the timeline? It effected Trigon, but not Darkseid. D.C. has an entire multiverse, but only one Darkseid who rules them all.

Read final crisis. He can collapse the entire multiverse if he tries. He's an order of magnitude higher on the scale than Trigon.
    Last edited by Anteros; 2020-05-22 at 01:18 AM.

19. - Top - End - #1249

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    Trigon is a dimensional threat, but Darkseid is a multiversal constant. Remember when Barry Allen messed up the timeline? It effected Trigon, but not Darkseid. D.C. has an entire multiverse, but only one Darkseid who rules them all.

Read final crisis. He can collapse the entire multiverse if he tries. He's an order of magnitude higher on the scale than Trigon.
    Trigon fought Mxy and was winning that fight till it was interrupted. Last I checked, Darkseid is 4-d, and Mxy is 5. Hell, the Spectre doesn't want to fight Trigon and he slapped down Darkseid.

20. - Top - End - #1250
    Ogre in the Playground

The thing to remember here is that most of the time you see Darkseid, it's actually an avatar since the man is literally too big to fit in most universes in full. Avatars of Darkseid can be defeated by lesser beings.

21. - Top - End - #1251

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Vahnavoi View Post
    The thing to remember here is that most of the time you see Darkseid, it's actually an avatar since the man is literally too big to fit in most universes in full. Avatars of Darkseid can be defeated by lesser beings.
    Darkseid died, not just his Avatar. That is canon. Whole arc and everything on that. Trigon, however, has been proven to be weakened outside his own dimension. And still did the things he did. He literally eats evil.

22. - Top - End - #1252
    Titan in the Playground

The intro of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate shows (a BotW-based) Link successfully blocking three of Ghaleem's beams, which are shown one-shotting a ton of other powerful characters even with their defences up (including Mewtwo, Zelda and Palutena). Notably, Zelda was using Nayru's Love, which has implications for OoT Link.

BotW Link also seems like one of the best ranged fighters, with his many types of arrows, ability to slow time while aiming, and his bows that can zoom in or shoot five projectiles at once.

Meanwhile, TP Link is probably the best swordfighter, due to being the only Link who gets both a parry mechanic and multiple secret skills. Due to his wrestling experience, he's probably the best hand-to-hand fighter as well, in the unlikely event it comes down to that (even if you count MM Link wearing the Goron mask).

FS and FSA Links have an obvious advantage in that there's four of them, and they're also good at fighting large numbers of enemies at once. Though not as well as OoT's Din's Fire, the Medallions from LttP, or the guy who's a literal Musou protagonist.

Some Links have stealth abilities which they could use to hide until the combatants have been thinned down, though they'd probably fail against stuff like Wolf Link and the Lens of Truth.

AoL, LttP, LBW and SS Links have all had access to the completed Triforce at some point, so there's that.

In addition to MM Link having the Fierce Deity Mask + infinite mana milk, he can also cheese the contest by repeatedly travelling back in time.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2020-05-22 at 06:59 PM.

23. - Top - End - #1253
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    The intro of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate shows (a BotW-based) Link successfully blocking three of Ghaleem's beams, which are shown one-shotting a ton of other powerful characters even with their defences up (including Mewtwo, Zelda and Palutena). Notably, Zelda was using Nayru's Love, which has implications for OoT Link.

BotW Link also seems like one of the best ranged fighters, with his many types of arrows, ability to slow time while aiming, and his bows that can zoom in or shoot five projectiles at once.

Meanwhile, TP Link is probably the best swordfighter, due to being the only Link who gets both a parry mechanic and multiple secret skills. Due to his wrestling experience, he's probably the best hand-to-hand fighter as well, in the unlikely event it comes down to that (even if you count MM Link wearing the Goron mask).

FS and FSA Links have an obvious advantage in that there's four of them, and they're also good at fighting large numbers of enemies at once. Though not as well as OoT's Din's Fire, the Medallions from LttP, or the guy who's a literal Musou protagonist.

Some Links have stealth abilities which they could use to hide until the combatants have been thinned down, though they'd probably fail against stuff like Wolf Link and the Lens of Truth.

AoL, LttP, LBW and SS Links have all had access to the completed Triforce at some point, so there's that.

In addition to MM Link having the Fierce Deity Mask + infinite mana milk, he can also cheese the contest by repeatedly travelling back in time.
    There really is a lot to unpack here. Including what all of those acronyms mean.

Way I see it, here is the order of most likely to win, with their greatest advantages:

Majora's Mask: Infinite Fierce Deity means they have the most damage by far. I don't think the time travel will matter, as he actually has to live to use it. But a good restart if he manages to retreat when wounded I guess.

Twilight Princess: Literal invincibility, until they run out of rupees. Almost a hard counter to the Majora's Mask Link. But once he runs out of rupees, he doesn't really have anything special as I don't think wolf form is better than the base form.

Breath of the Wild: Flurry rush, time stops, terrain creation, and massive amounts of mobility compared to the other Links. Downside is literally all of his weapons break with usage and switching gear is not instant. Plus side? He has by far the most HP at one time.

Four Swords: There's four of them and hey, numbers matter.

Hyrule Warriors: Dude walks through armies without problems, so he's probably the best straight up fighter. He has his special attacks, but while they are large AoE attacks, I don't think they do that much damage. Also he is vulnerable to ranged attacks since he doesn't have a mechanic to dodge it, and every Link has a lot of ranged attacks.

Ocarina of Time: Basically the base Link. Has basically all the powers that nearly every Link has, but doesn't really have anything unique to him. I guess Light Arrows? I feel like every Link above him doesn't have those.

Link to the Past: I can't really remember what he's got, so I placed him here.

Skyward Sword: Here simply because his fighting mechanics made him the worst swordfighter.

Windwaker: Technically not a Link But again, I don't really think he has anything special, but also is shorter than every other Link. Actually, I think he's less durable and has less special arrows and equipment, just by having less dungeons.

Link games I haven't actually played: Not really including them, because I don't know what they have.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

24. - Top - End - #1254
    Titan in the Playground

Wind Waker Link can become invulnerable too.

25. - Top - End - #1255
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Can't a naked BotW Link block absolutely any form of attack using only a pot lid?
    Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

26. - Top - End - #1256
    Titan in the Playground

Link to the Past: I can't really remember what he's got, so I placed him here.
    The Bombos, Quake and Aether Medallions create screen-filling elemental attacks, and the Fire and Ice Rods create smaller ones. He can store Golden Bees in his bottles and release them to attack enemies (though this is only really useful against one boss). His Magic Cape makes him invisible and invincible at the cost of draining magic power. The Cane of Byrna surrounds him in a barrier which makes him invincible and damages enemies on contact, while costing less mana than the cape. The Cane of Somaria creates a block which damages enemies on contact, breaking after five hits. The Magic Mirror lets him travel to the Dark World and back at any time. He has gloves for lifting heavy objects, Zora Flippers for swimming, and the Pegasus Boots let him run fast. His Magic Powder transmutes enemies into weaker ones or sometimes fairies. His version of the Master Sword can shoot sword beams at full health.

Windwaker: Technically not a Link But again, I don't really think he has anything special, but also is shorter than every other Link. Actually, I think he's less durable and has less special arrows and equipment, just by having less dungeons.
    He can steal peoples' weapons even if they should be too big for him. His Ice Arrows are powerful enough to temporarily calm an erupting volcano, and his Fire Arrows are on a similar level. His Boomerang can lock onto multiple targets. Hyoi Pears let him possess animals for scouting. The Hero's Charm lets him see enemy HP. The Elixir Soup is one of the best potions in the series (fully heals HP + magic, doubles attack power until you get hit, and each bottle holds two doses). The Magic Armor makes him invincible as long as he has magic left. The Tingle Tuner lets him spend Rupees to drop invisible bombs, refill his ammo/magic/HP, walk on air or gain temporary invincibility, though that might count as outside help.

In Phantom Hourglass he also gains guided Bombchus, and the ability to temporarily stop time.

Skyward Sword: Here simply because his fighting mechanics made him the worst swordfighter.
    Upgraded Guardian Potion makes him immune to damage for 3 minutes, and the Beetle is great for scouting. He's also one of the more athletic Links. His Skyward Strike is the best Sword Beam in the series, especially in New Game+ where it charges faster.

Quote Originally Posted by ben-zayb View Post
    Can't a naked BotW Link block absolutely any form of attack using only a pot lid?
    IIRC there's a reference in-game to him doing that against a malfunctioning Guardian Laser before the Calamity, so that's canon.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2020-05-23 at 09:34 AM.

27. - Top - End - #1257
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

So one of the fighters for the battle after She-Ra vs. Wonder Woman has been announced on DB Cast.

Spoiler: Next, next time
    Show
    Beerus from Dragon Ball Z/Super.

Beerus. Destroyer God.

How do you even find an opponent for him? Who can measure up? This guy compares directly to Goku, current Goku, mind you, and comes out at least even and probably still ahead. That really cuts down on the possible opponents.

To be honest, I'm thinking Darkseid. And I'm still not entirely sure if that will be enough. We haven't seen Beerus go all out yet. We have, however, seen that yes, his Hakai can kill a god.

Can you think of any other Beerus-level opponents?

28. - Top - End - #1258
    Banned

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by McNum View Post
    So one of the fighters for the battle after She-Ra vs. Wonder Woman has been announced on DB Cast.

Spoiler: Next, next time
    Show
    Beerus from Dragon Ball Z/Super.

Beerus. Destroyer God.

How do you even find an opponent for him? Who can measure up? This guy compares directly to Goku, current Goku, mind you, and comes out at least even and probably still ahead. That really cuts down on the possible opponents.

To be honest, I'm thinking Darkseid. And I'm still not entirely sure if that will be enough. We haven't seen Beerus go all out yet. We have, however, seen that yes, his Hakai can kill a god.

Can you think of any other Beerus-level opponents?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Galactus. Even serves a similiar role, destroying worlds to keep some sort of cosmic balance. He will also stomp this hard

29. - Top - End - #1259
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Galactus. Even serves a similiar role, destroying worlds to keep some sort of cosmic balance. He will also stomp this hard
    Spoiler
    Show
    That would piss off a lot of fans who've been waiting years for a Unicron vs Galactus fight
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Kekkersboy

My gaming and ideas channel.

30. - Top - End - #1260
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Beerus, huh?

Can't wait to see how they undersell yet another DB character who can (and does) withstand attacks capable of destroying solar systems multiple.times over...
    Homebrew Stuff: