New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333449 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Death Battle 5: Mister Rogers in a Bloodstained Sweater

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    Where are you pulling this from, exactly?

Zeno is, again, explicitly stated to be the creator of all 13 universes.
    No, I need a source from you on your claim.

in the anime he is referred to the Omni-king other titles never refer to him as a creator.

furthermore according to the wiki:
    According to the Grand Minister, the Tournament of Power begins on the "3,135,500,603rd day of the Era of Our King".[2] If these are 24-hour days, this would imply Zeno has been the King of All for approximately 8.6 million years.
    - Dragon Ball Super chapter 28, The Gods of Destruction From All 12 Universes
    8.6 million years eh?

well here is thing: Elder Kai's age is 75 million years.

so according to this, Elder Kai has been alive longer than Zeno. unless Zen'oh can time travel back to before his birth, Zeno is just some new ruler that Old Kai predated loooooooong before him.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

2. - Top - End - #692
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    I would describe Saitama as being like someone who figured out a way to use the Eight Gates from Naruto without dying: his physical power is astronomical in all ways you can think of, but he can't do any special tricks that any other ninja can. and to be honest, he'd be pretty useless against say....a criminal that avoids fighting whenever possible and does all their crime with stealth and such so you have to investigate and track them down and outwit them.

like no matter how good Saitama is at punching, he'd probably never be able to defeat a villain too smart to not get within his awareness in the first place. a lot of Saitama's victories come down to the fact that the villain makse themselves known and are obvious threat, when if they ever knew his power they'd know the smartest thing to is to simply be as low-key, evasive and under the radar in their schemes as possible. which y'know, goes for a lot of shonen protagonists, but Saitama is the most standout example. he simply would not be a good match up against someone so smart that Saitama would never meet them in the first place because he is too passive and simple-minded to actively investigate things and outwit someone to prevent something before it happens.
    He is Ivan Drago "Whatever he hits. He destroys!" So yeah, he would be miserable trying to solve mysteries. Every bad guy in the series tries to win a physical confrontation so they always lose. Last time a ninja attacked him, said ninja got junk punched. His whole deal is, you cant hurt him, you cant survive him hitting you. The Riddler would run circles around him and steal the entire city. Bane would be a bloody mist.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

3. - Top - End - #693
    Titan in the Playground

It's in the episode he first appears, I don't feel like going back to find which one that is. Unless it's a "dub-ism".

i
    n the anime he is referred to the Omni-king other titles never refer to him as a creator.

8.6 million years eh?

so according to this, Elder Kai has been alive longer than Zeno. unless Zen'oh can time travel back to before his birth, Zeno is just some new ruler that Old Kai predated loooooooong before him.
    TBH I trust my own faulty memory more than any Fandom wiki.

4. - Top - End - #694
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    It's in the episode he first appears, I don't feel like going back to find which one that is. Unless it's a "dub-ism".

TBH I trust my own faulty memory more than any Fandom wiki.
    I watched sub and it only said omni-king, sounds like a dubism.

well if your that stubborn, I'll just find the sub episode then....

directly from episode 41 on crunchyroll, he is referred to as "Zen-oh-sama, He's the entity that stands above all of the 12 universes"

nothing else. he is stated to be able to wipe out all 12 universes in a blink of an eye by Beerus, but no other capabilities.

5. - Top - End - #695
    Ogre in the Playground

in the anime he is referred to the Omni-king other titles never refer to him as a creator.

8.6 million years eh?

This is Dragon Ball. It's likely that they either forgot that they had the Kai's at that age, or just didn't care and it's a retcon.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Kekkersboy

My gaming and ideas channel.

6. - Top - End - #696
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Devonix View Post
    This is Dragon Ball. It's likely that they either forgot that they had the Kai's at that age, or just didn't care and it's a retcon.
    5 points for retcon. Like the potara earrings. To be fair, we are talking about an anime that originally didn't even want to be as wide as it is now, and still to this day have Tori-bot above everything.
    Last edited by HolyDraconus; 2019-10-24 at 07:03 PM.

7. - Top - End - #697
    Titan in the Playground

well, all Toriyama does nowadays is make the big plot points then leave it up to others to fill in the details, with the anime and manga being under different different writers interpreting his plot. a detail like this, is too small for him to really care about

so this could just be Toyotaro continuity retconning it. its full of weird little changes that don't make any sense.

8. - Top - End - #698

BlackDragon

well, all Toriyama does nowadays is make the big plot points then leave it up to others to fill in the details, with the anime and manga being under different different writers interpreting his plot. a detail like this, is too small for him to really care about

so this could just be Toyotaro continuity retconning it. its full of weird little changes that don't make any sense.
    If zeno erased future trunks timeline, he killed many people, but also, the Angels. And technically, the super dragon and dragon balls. So who of the z fighters can really tell him what to do?

9. - Top - End - #699
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HolyDraconus View Post
    If zeno erased future trunks timeline, he killed many people, but also, the Angels. And technically, the super dragon and dragon balls. So who of the z fighters can really tell him what to do?
    Yeah who can tell him what to do? its a real big problem. a good writer would point that out and y'know, show how a ruler with absolute power with the mind of a child is a bad idea. perhaps find an actual solution to that.

10. - Top - End - #700
    Troll in the Playground

Everyone seems to be assuming that the some odd billion days given was meant to correspond to a certain number of years and fit in with an official timeline.

I posit all of this is wrong. They thew out a number that was supposed to be suitably big to suggest that Zeno's been around forever. There is no worked out timeline of what happened in early Dragon Ball days. Just a couple of random "this happened a long long time ago" moments.

This is like trying to keep track of power levels as if those things correspond to some sort of physical formula for how much energy a fighter can output. This is another way of saying that a fighter's strength is absurdly huge.

The felicity with math and logic here is akin to five year olds throwing out big numbers and arguing what's bigger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    It would have been awesome if the writers had put as much thought into it as you guys do.
    The laws of physics are not crying in a corner, they are bawling in the forums.

Thanks to half-halfling for the avatar

11. - Top - End - #701
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah who can tell him what to do? its a real big problem. a good writer would point that out and y'know, show how a ruler with absolute power with the mind of a child is a bad idea. perhaps find an actual solution to that.
    Unless they don't think that it IS a bad idea. If they think it makes for a good story they'll tell stories that reinforce their belief.

Hell Child rulers with magical abilities running a nation aren't anything new. Even running a universe.

12. - Top - End - #702
    Titan in the Playground

Unless they don't think that it IS a bad idea. If they think it makes for a good story they'll tell stories that reinforce their belief.

Hell Child rulers with magical abilities running a nation aren't anything new. Even running a universe.
    which to me is a stupid belief, so they are a bad writer.

Nor is people believing stupid things, or bad writers.

13. - Top - End - #703
    Ogre in the Playground

The idea of a child deity running the universe, is about as old as the concept of deities and legends in the stories we tell.

14. - Top - End - #704
    Titan in the Playground

The idea of a child deity running the universe, is about as old as the concept of deities and legends in the stories we tell.
    And so is human stupidity, old stupidity doesn't make it less stupid! tons of beliefs and ideas are old, still stupid.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2019-10-26 at 12:38 AM.

15. - Top - End - #705
    Banned

It's a fictional story.

16. - Top - End - #706
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    It's a fictional story.
    That category can encompass a wide range of qualities from perfect to worst fictional story ever, so that has no relevance.

17. - Top - End - #707

And so is human stupidity, old stupidity doesn't make it less stupid! tons of beliefs and ideas are old, still stupid.
    What are you trying to accomplish by just saying "It's stupid, this is stupid, stupid stupid stupid" over and over? We get it, dude. You don't like Zen-O. He's not even canon, though, so you might as well be obsessively downing on some kid's fanfic.
    Last edited by Delicious Taffy; 2019-10-26 at 09:03 AM.

18. - Top - End - #708
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Delicious Taffy View Post
    What are you trying to accomplish by just saying "It's stupid, this is stupid, stupid stupid stupid" over and over? We get it, dude. You don't like Zen-O. He's not even canon, though, so you might as well be obsessively downing on some kid's fanfic.
    I'm just stating facts about how stupidity works. contrary to what some believe, there are less mitigating factors to it than you think: time, fictional quality or subjectivity are not mitigating factors. Stupidity comes in many forms, of which I gracefully endure even now in one form or another. There are simply too many to name, I won't bother you with a list.

19. - Top - End - #709

I'm just stating facts about how stupidity works. contrary to what some believe, there are less mitigating factors to it than you think: time, fictional quality or subjectivity are not mitigating factors. Stupidity comes in many forms, of which I gracefully endure even now in one form or another. There are simply too many to name, I won't bother you with a list.
    Well, thank you for saving us all the trouble of understanding why you're so fixated on calling things stupid without offering any reasons or explanation. That's a real load off my conscience, I don't mind telling you.

-

In a more relevant vein, has anyone else noticed a weird trend of Death Battles having a lot of really bad mid-fight talking? I just rewatched Ed VS Aang, and almost everything out of Ed's mouth was a height joke.

20. - Top - End - #710
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Let the dude be... We all have our pet peeves. Also, Zen-O is indeed canon, like all the rest of DBS... Despite how contradictory it is to previously established canon.
    Homebrew Stuff:

21. - Top - End - #711

BlackDragon

I will give my thoughts on this later.

Spoiler: Winner is..
    Show
    Tatsumaki

And
    Spoiler: Next time on death battle
    Show
    Deadpool vs The Mask (the green one. Uhhh Jim Carrey

22. - Top - End - #712
    Troll in the Playground

The Mask was based on a comic too, wasn't it?

Has anyone read it?

23. - Top - End - #713
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kitten Champion View Post
    The Mask was based on a comic too, wasn't it?

Has anyone read it?
    Yep and he's stupidly powerful. Also The Mask isn't the character's name, it's the name of the comic. His name is Bighead.

It's kind of like how Static is the Superhero Static Shock was the cartoon

24. - Top - End - #714

The Mask can basically do anything.

It also removes all inhibitions from the person wearing it.

In the movie, this results in a silly helpless romantic.

In the comic...

You know the sequences when Stanley first puts it on in the movie and when he comes to and drives by the mechanics who scammed him are being taken to the hospital becuase they had mufflers shoved where mufflers should never go?

In the comic, they would have died when the mufflers went up their asses and out their mouths, taking all the organs in-between with them.

If they draw on the various Bighead's from the comics, then I've gotta give it to whoever's wearing the Mask.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

25. - Top - End - #715
    Troll in the Playground

Yep and he's stupidly powerful. Also The Mask isn't the character's name, it's the name of the comic. His name is Bighead.

It's kind of like how Static is the Superhero Static Shock was the cartoon
    Really? Okay, Bighead is as cool a name I suppose.

Although I kind of prefer Static Shock, as just calling him Static seems like it's missing something once you've already put Static Shock in my head. It's a Berenstain/Berenstein Bears situation, I think, where I can't unthink it.

Anyways, this mostly seems like an excuse for some animated hijinx on DB's part. Sure, you could point out feats, but the point of these characters fundamentally is that they aren't even limited by the logic of their medium let alone the laws of reality.

26. - Top - End - #716
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    The Mask can basically do anything.

It also removes all inhibitions from the person wearing it.

In the movie, this results in a silly helpless romantic.

In the comic...

You know the sequences when Stanley first puts it on in the movie and when he comes to and drives by the mechanics who scammed him are being taken to the hospital becuase they had mufflers shoved where mufflers should never go?

In the comic, they would have died when the mufflers went up their asses and out their mouths, taking all the organs in-between with them.

If they draw on the various Bighead's from the comics, then I've gotta give it to whoever's wearing the Mask.
    Even if they just use the movie version he's insanely powerful. I mean, he eats a bomb, gets shot full of lead, drinks a glass of booze with the booze pouring from the wounds and then flushes someone down an ornamental pool. You know, the sort you keep gold fish in? The sort that don't have a drain in them to begin with?

Then there's stuff like mind controlling a bunch of cops into performing a dance number with him. And so on and so forth. He's basically a reality warper, and I don't really see Deadpool being able to do anything about him.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

27. - Top - End - #717

Oh, is there a new Deadpool movie in the works? I can't think of any other reason to bring him back again.

28. - Top - End - #718
    Banned

Goblin

Oh, is there a new Deadpool movie in the works? I can't think of any other reason to bring him back again.
    Popularity. Which irritates me since I would rather have new characters instead of returning ones. Couldn't Mask fight, say, Beetlejuice? I'm probably gonna skip this match altogether just like I skipped on Deadpool vs Pinkie Pie.

29. - Top - End - #719
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Man on Fire View Post
    Popularity. Which irritates me since I would rather have new characters instead of returning ones. Couldn't Mask fight, say, Beetlejuice? I'm probably gonna skip this match altogether just like I skipped on Deadpool vs Pinkie Pie.
    Agreed. I like Deadpool, but I feel like he's overused in this series. Kinda like how they've used Batman far too much.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

30. - Top - End - #720

Spoiler: this fight
    Show
    I was caught a bit off guard, I felt so sure when they mentioned tatsumakis inability to do both defense and offense that this was going to be the game changer. Ah well.

Spoiler: next fight
    Show
    Im sorry, but while deadpool is a 4th wall breaker, the mask is full reality warping and in the comics he is INCREDIBLY violent and lethal already. If deadpool doesnt get killed, he will be wishing he could be.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."