New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Death Battle 5: Mister Rogers in a Bloodstained Sweater

Quote Originally Posted by HolyDraconus View Post
    Spoiler: But then
    Show
    Well, she did fight Wonder Woman to a standstill, who was stated to be able to beat Big Blue in a fight. She's bent metal with simple strikes, is considered on par if not better than Batman in terms of pure martial arts, has kicked someone's head off, and beat down Lady Shiva's Mum. As for her scream? Well, she DID blow off Amazo's head with it, and can be pretty precise with it. The screams between the two I'm just gonna say cancel out, but combat abilities, I don't see Sindel winning it. Unless they count that one time she solo'd the entire MK roster and won.
    And Superman has infinite strength. Therefore Black Canary can beat Goku.

2. - Top - End - #812
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Kitten Champion View Post
    And Superman has infinite strength. Therefore Black Canary can beat Goku.
    You said it, not me lol

3. - Top - End - #813
    Banned

I'm guessing Black Canary will lose. It seems like a good opportunity for them to try to pretend they aren't incredibly biased towards DC characters (they are) by having one of their C-listers lose.

4. - Top - End - #814
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    I'm guessing Black Canary will lose. It seems like a good opportunity for them to try to pretend they aren't incredibly biased towards DC characters (they are) by having one of their C-listers lose.
    Not to deny the possibility of that, but I think that if that were their sole motive they'd be putting her up against Black Bolt.
    Spoiler
    Show

Thank you to Ceika for the signature and avatar.

Read Sons of the Fallen here

5. - Top - End - #815

BlackDragon

Woot! Woot! The forums are back!

So let's see.. I called the canary fight. The dc win train is huge. Next time is leo from Tmnt vs jason in his og red ranger form. Leo has this. Mainly cause, again, scaling from dc. Leo in most forms is able to solo shredder, who can straight up murder batman if he didn't prepare for the fight, and they had enough crossovers that batman has said cowabunga.

6. - Top - End - #816
    Titan in the Playground

I'm surprised it's Jason and not Tommy as the MMPR rep; Tommy was always both stronger AND more popular.

7. - Top - End - #817
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    I'm surprised it's Jason and not Tommy as the MMPR rep; Tommy was always both stronger AND more popular.
    But then you have to argue over which power set he uses. I haven't watched since intermittent episodes of Super Megaforce but I wouldn't be surprised if he turns up as the Orange Ranger or the "Not technically a Ranger but has powers related to the Rangers powers and an overlapping goal" guy that sometimes gets used in place of a proper sixth ranger.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

8. - Top - End - #818
    Troll in the Playground

Wouldn't the Red Ranger have a Zord though?

I haven't watched any Power Rangers outside of RPM on Netflix, but even I know that Jason gets access to a giant Tyrannosaurus mecha. I mean, you could reasonably exclude the enormous dinosaur-themed robot I guess, but I think it could be reasonably argued to be part and parcel with his abilities in the same way that Ash gets his Pokemon.

On a semi-related tangent, I kind of want a match-up with Jason Voorhees now.

9. - Top - End - #819

BlackDragon

The winner
    Spoiler
    Show
    Jason. While leo has him beat in skill and speed, morphing is way too much of an upgrade for those slight leads to be enough.

AND NEXT TIME
    Spoiler
    Show
    is it Genos? The robot dude from One Punch Man vs War Machine from Marvel.

10. - Top - End - #820
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    But then you have to argue over which power set he uses. I haven't watched since intermittent episodes of Super Megaforce but I wouldn't be surprised if he turns up as the Orange Ranger or the "Not technically a Ranger but has powers related to the Rangers powers and an overlapping goal" guy that sometimes gets used in place of a proper sixth ranger.
    Not really; they just would need to pick an era. If MMPR, then White Ranger powers.

Zeo powers would be too much of a stomp, and the others he's had aren't as popular.

11. - Top - End - #821

The winner
    Spoiler
    Show
    Jason. While leo has him beat in skill and speed, morphing is way too much of an upgrade for those slight leads to be enough.

AND NEXT TIME
    Spoiler
    Show
    is it Genos? The robot dude from One Punch Man vs War Machine from Marvel.
    Next time
    Spoiler
    Show
    This could actually be interesting. I mean, genos has the handicap of being basically a joke character, meant to be utterly obliterated 5 seconds after bragging on his latest awesome upgrade, but his powers ARE pretty high end. On the other hand, war machine is a comic book character with i dunno how many years worth of appearances for those ever so fun single panels that give the character a ludicrous set of stats because comic book writers arent freaking physicists so dont understand why being at point blank for an exploding planet would make the character far tougher than he is usually shown or whatever.

*EDIT* As for why jason and not tommy, remember they like their themes so leader versus leader is most likely why. yeah I think tommy has been in charge before, its honestly been forever so i dont recall, but jason tends to be the boss when he is in the series. Im a bit annoyed they used the comics for the power rangers mainly because I never read them and so got blind sided by the feats involved. In the show they dont tend to have utterly insane strength feats for the most part. You know, other than vertical leaping into their skyscraper bots. :p
    Last edited by Traab; 2020-02-24 at 05:08 PM.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

12. - Top - End - #822

BlackDragon

Winner is
    Spoiler
    Show
    War Machine. Some Iron Man scaling with some bs magik tech from Tony was too much for Genos. Worse, the animation this time around was bad, to me personally. It's like they watched dbz and thought it was okay to not put much effort into it.
    and next time
    Spoiler
    Show
    Grey from Fairy Tail vs Esdeath from Akame Ga Kill. I havent read the supposedly final chapters of FT, and only know of Esdeath from the anime, which specifically was altered from the source material. So eh, dunno. Ice puns.
    Last edited by HolyDraconus; 2020-03-08 at 01:11 AM.

13. - Top - End - #823
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Grey from Fairy Tail vs Esdeath from Akame Ga Kill. I havent read the supposedly final chapters of FT, and only know of Esdeath from the anime, which specifically was altered from the source material. So eh, dunno. Ice puns.
    Huh, I was speculating on potential opponents for Esdeath before and it's kind of weird to see her come up so soon. I honestly forgot how transcendentally powerful she was, all I remembered was that she manipulated ice on a pretty large scale and was essentially Haman Karn without the fashion sense.

I assume she'll win because she's got Za Warudo and that's difficult to trump without really knowing its coming. Though Fairy Tail - it being what it is - might simply be higher in terms of things like durability relative to Akame Ga Kill characters, sort of like the Kenshiro v. Jotaro battle.

14. - Top - End - #824
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    So he doesn't any powers on the scale of hers, she can create literal armies of ice monsters, giant ice mechs, she has sheer power on the scale of bringing her own personal continent russian winter into any fight she is in, and can also literally freeze time because why not. But, and this is a big one, while she seems resistant to ice and her own cold its not directly stated she is, while Grey can literally absorb cold to gain power and also has a few non cold beatdown options. If she can't just overwhelmingly cold him to death under a mound of icy hate I think he probably wins. Although she also has the benefit of being one hundred percent totally and absolutely dedicated to the art of murder in a way that could make up a difference in power if he thinks something as simple as brutal dismemberment could take her out of a fight.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

15. - Top - End - #825

This time
    Spoiler
    Show
    Is anybody surprised? I mean, genos is basically the joke character of one punch who has all these amazing powers yet gets stomped flat in virtually every fight, and the power setting of one punch is below marvel. Genos might as well have as a full name Genos, son of Mogh given how hard he gets worfed. Of course, thent hey had to pull the transatvie garbage and give him iron man feats on top of it. Dude didnt need that, he had the edge anyways.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

16. - Top - End - #826
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: This Time
    Show
    I'm kinda disappointed they didn't mention that Genos loses almost every single fight we see him in.

Spoiler: Next Time
    Show
    This looks like a good one. Fairy Tail has some BS stuff, so Grey might be able to win by eating cold or something. But Esdeath is an absolutely insanely powerful monster. It basically took an entire army(over 100 000 soliders), 10+ magic weapons, the top assassin with an instant kill weapon who was amped up on super drugs, all lead by one of the greatest tacticians, and a dragon that can survive and adapt to anything (including being turned into a suit of armor) and they still needed the assassin to unlock a super mode mid fight in order to win.

So even if Grey is immune to Esdeath's ice, she might just tear him apart using her sword unless he's got some really crazy combat feats.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

17. - Top - End - #827

Has Genos ever won a single fight? I only remember him fighting things that completely outclassed him, like meteors or that big fish guy.

18. - Top - End - #828

Genos has had a few encounters (I hesitate to call them 'fights') with more-or-less human-level opponents, which demonstrate just how absurdly powerful he really is, but actual fights with enemies his level..? Hmm. Did some quick digging, he threw down successfully with both Hero-Hunter Garou and Speed-O'-Sound Sonic, both of them pretty easily equivalent to S-Rank characters, and he basically shredded the majority of the monster invasion single-handed during the Super Fight arc.

Word-of-god from ONE is that he's among the most powerful S-Ranked characters, too, for whatever that's worth.

... no real surprise that he lost to Rhodey, though. The War Machine suit has decades of comic-book bs to draw on, and some of the stuff it or its sibling suits (including some that were theoretically massively technologically inferior) have pulled off is just stupid overpowered, since comic book writers and artists generally aren't deeply grounded in materials sciences and physics and whatnot

19. - Top - End - #829
    Troll in the Playground

Even when Genos fights are largely going his way - like against Garou - something dramatic pops up which prevents him from achieving that solid victory. or they're just pushed off-screen/panel. Part of that is obviously the ongoing meta-humour, but some of it just that none of the fights have any specific meaning to his character on the whole so he's generally more pragmatic about it so long as the threats are terminated anyways.

20. - Top - End - #830

Even when Genos fights are largely going his way - like against Garou - something dramatic pops up which prevents him from achieving that solid victory. or they're just pushed off-screen/panel. Part of that is obviously the ongoing meta-humour, but some of it just that none of the fights have any specific meaning to his character on the whole so he's generally more pragmatic about it so long as the threats are terminated anyways.
    Sea King is probably his best example. Iirc he was actually putting up a really really good fight against the guy then had to use his own body as an acid shield to protect the civilians which left him melted down to mostly scrap. Genos was basically the first hero sea king fought that he didnt go, "Oh thats a neat ability you have there, heres mine that is way beyond it." Like the nudist guy who gets stronger the less he wears, he had his chance to land all sorts of hits then sea king went, "Yeah thats nice, but what happens when I do this?" and beat him instantly. Genos forced him to use underhanded tactics to win.

21. - Top - End - #831

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    *snip*Like the nudist guy who gets stronger the less he wears*snip*
    *snerk*

Heh. Puri Puri Prisoner doesn't gain strength by shedding clothing, he's just more durable than his clothes are. And also kind of a massive pervert.

22. - Top - End - #832
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TeChameleon View Post
    *snerk*

Heh. Puri Puri Prisoner doesn't gain strength by shedding clothing, he's just more durable than his clothes are. And also kind of a massive pervert.
    That's...an understatement. He's canonically a serial rapist.

23. - Top - End - #833

Quote Originally Posted by TeChameleon View Post
    *snerk*

Ah, I remember him literally flexing out of his clothes, i could have sworn there was a reason for it other than being a massive pervert. Still, original point stands, genos was doing an admirable job and only lost to a cheap shot that forced him to tank a blow that never would have hit him in a straight up fight.

24. - Top - End - #834

BlackDragon

Winner is
    Spoiler
    Show
    Esdeath. Sheer power is freaking overwhelming. Grey surprised me with the feats they cited but it wasn't anywhere near enough

Next time
    Spoiler
    Show
    Goro from Mortal Kombat vs Machamp from Pokemon.. yup... it's out there
    Last edited by HolyDraconus; 2020-03-22 at 02:18 PM.

25. - Top - End - #835
    Troll in the Playground

Next time
    Spoiler
    Show
    Goro from Mortal Kombat vs Machamp from Pokemon.. yup... it's out there
    Well, it's Machamp.

It's a case of Pokedex entries being silly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulbapedia
    Red/Blue - Using its heavy muscles, it throws powerful punches that can send the victim clear over the horizon.
    Yellow - One arm alone can move mountains. Using all four arms, this Pokémon fires off awesome punches.
    Stadium - Among its fighting moves is a simultaneous volley of an uppercut, hook, straight and Karate Chop from its four arms.

Gold - It quickly swings its four arms to rock its opponents with ceaseless punches and chops from all angles.
    Silver - It uses its four powerful arms to pin the limbs of its foe, then throws the victim over the horizon.
    Crystal - With four arms that react more quickly than it can think, it can execute many punches at once.
    Stadium 2 - It quickly swings its four arms to rock its opponents with ceaseless punches and chops from all angles.

Ruby - Machamp has the power to hurl anything aside. However, trying to do any work requiring care and dexterity causes its arms to get tangled. This Pokémon tends to leap into action before it thinks.
    Sapphire - Machamp is known as the Pokémon that has mastered every kind of martial arts. If it grabs hold of the foe with its four arms, the battle is all but over. The hapless foe is thrown far over the horizon.
    Emerald - It is impossible to defend against punches and chops doled out by its four arms. Its fighting spirit flares up when it faces a tough opponent.

FireRed - Its four ruggedly developed arms can launch a flurry of 1,000 punches in just two seconds.
    LeafGreen - Using its heavy muscles, it throws powerful punches that can send the victim clear over the horizon.

Diamond - It punches with its four arms at blinding speed. It can launch 1,000 punches in two seconds.
    Pearl - It can knock a train flying with a punch. However, it is terrible at delicate work using its fingers.
    Platinum - Its four muscled arms slam foes with powerful punches and chops at blinding speed.
    HeartGold - It quickly swings its four arms to rock its opponents with ceaseless punches and chops from all angles.
    SoulSilver - It uses its four powerful arms to pin the limbs of its foe, then throws the victim over the horizon.

Black/White - Its four muscled arms slam foes with powerful punches and chops at blinding speed.
    Black 2/White 2 - Its four muscled arms slam foes with powerful punches and chops at blinding speed.

X - Its four ruggedly developed arms can launch a flurry of 1,000 punches in just two seconds.
    Y - It uses its four powerful arms to pin the limbs of its foe, then throws the victim over the horizon.

Omega Ruby - Machamp has the power to hurl anything aside. However, trying to do any work requiring care and dexterity causes its arms to get tangled. This Pokémon tends to leap into action before it thinks.
    Alpha Sapphire - Machamp is known as the Pokémon that has mastered every kind of martial arts. If it grabs hold of the foe with its four arms, the battle is all but over. The hapless foe is thrown far over the horizon.

Sun - It unleashes megaton-level punches that send opponents flying clear over the horizon.
    Moon - It can lift heavy loads with the greatest of ease. It can even heft dump trucks. But its clumsy fingers prevent it from doing any precision work.
    Ultra Sun - It grasps its opponents with its four arms and twists them up in an intricate hold. People call it “the Machamp special.”
    Ultra Moon - With four arms, it can attack and defend simultaneously. It's said to have mastered every martial art in the world.
    Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee - One arm alone can move mountains. Using all four arms, this Pokémon fires off awesome punches.

Sword - It quickly swings its four arms to rock its opponents with ceaseless punches and chops from all angles.
    Shield - With four arms that react more quickly than it can think, it can execute many punches at once.

Gigantamax Machamp

Sword - The Gigantamax energy coursing through its arms makes its punches hit as hard as bomb blasts.
    Shield - One of these Pokémon once used its immeasurable strength to lift a large ship that was in trouble. It then carried the ship to port.

Also Goro's essentially a fighting/fire type, which gives him no type advantage.

26. - Top - End - #836
    Titan in the Playground

Well, it's Machamp.

It's a case of Pokedex entries being silly.

Also Goro's essentially a fighting/fire type, which gives him no type advantage.
    This just reminds me of that pokemon battle royale animation where machamp was really strong in it. Machamp doesn't win, but he is still pretty freaking ridiculous. basically punching off a LOT of pokemon in it, but is outclassed by the psychics and ghost types who survive to the later part.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

27. - Top - End - #837
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    This just reminds me of that pokemon battle royale animation where machamp was really strong in it. Machamp doesn't win, but he is still pretty freaking ridiculous. basically punching off a LOT of pokemon in it, but is outclassed by the psychics and ghost types who survive to the later part.
    Yeah. The world record for punches-per-second is 20 according to a brief Google search, and Machamp can do *500x that. This is with punches that according to the Pokedex entry go into the megaton range - with one megaton being 80x greater than the nuclear explosion in Hiroshima - that's enough force to utterly decimate kilometres surrounding Machamp.

Frankly, any Pokemon battle with Machamp should just about instantly kill everyone around as it's a walking hydrogen bomb.
    Last edited by Kitten Champion; 2020-03-22 at 04:54 PM.

28. - Top - End - #838

BlackDragon

Forgot to mention
    Spoiler: This time
    Show
    They did a bit more work on Erza in this one, and even scaled Grey to her in some respect. It was a pretty simple fight that when watching appears to be close and can go either way but doesn't.

29. - Top - End - #839

Yeah. The world record for punches-per-second is 20 according to a brief Google search, and Machamp can do *500x that. This is with punches that according to the Pokedex entry go into the megaton range - with one megaton being 80x greater than the nuclear explosion in Hiroshima - that's enough force to utterly decimate kilometres surrounding Machamp.

Frankly, any Pokemon battle with Machamp should just about instantly kill everyone around as it's a walking hydrogen bomb.
    There are just so many pokemon that going by the fluff in their description would end all life on earth as we know it. Magcargo is so hot he should be igniting the atmosphere around him into plasma just by existing. Im honestly not sure if thats an exaggeration but here, read this description,
    Its body temperature is roughly 18,000 degrees F. Flames spout from gaps in its hardened shell.
    Maybe a smarty in the comment section can tell me exactly how far away from magcargo you would have to stand to not instantly burst into flames.

30. - Top - End - #840

You know, I used to think it was kind of silly how you could go to all this effort to capture a Legendary Pokemon, probably using the Master Ball, and then it turns out that they're not that much better than regular-ass Pokemon.

"Go, Embodiment of Time Itself. Crush my... Oh crap, she's got a Miltank!"

But now that I think about it... What if the Pokedex entries are 100% literal and the reason that mortal Pokemon can reasonably compete with literal gods is becuase pokemon in general are just that strong?
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks