Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 173233343536373839404142
Results 1,231 to 1,253 of 1253
  1. - Top - End - #1231
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Serious Plots 8: Rawr serisaurus!

Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    Not working with anything as intelligent as dragons yet..."Sounds like you will eventually, though," Zophiel observes.

He listens to her describing how it's done. That sounds like a pretty great way to test them and see how to make them better. After all, seeing what they could do in the Hunting Grounds seems a lot faster than letting them out in just normal wildernesses, judging from what Zophiel saw in there.

Zophiel doesn't exactly get how it works, so there's probably no way he could do it, but spinning light into meat sort-of makes sense. "It sounds pretty ingenious, and really helpful," he comments. "After seeing how they handle it out there, do you just get inspiration on how to improve them? Or do you try out a lot of different things?" he asks.
    "Hope so. I have before, actually. Didn't go well." Hunter explains, with a fake-embarrassed smile. That was a bit of an understatement. "So I want to be really careful doing it again."

"No, sometimes I get inspiration on something that might work, but usually I have to try a lot of different things." she admits. "Every hunt is different, too, and for every creature."

"Were there any creatures in your world that we don't have here in the Nexus?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Barbarian in the Playground

[The Platinum Star - Dinner Party]

"Ha, I knew it!" Zee gasps, pointing at Mist. "I knew you were too un-foxy! A hearty helping of fox seems to apply to quite a few people around the Nexus. Even my mom swung that way. Not me, though, I'm trying to strike my own style. Sort of a mysterious forest guardian vibe."

She really doesn't look like a mysterious forest guardian at all so maybe she's talking about something else?

"I guess I technically inherited the manager position from El Jaspro but he's been gone even longer than Trog."

Lot of those old-time folks are just... Gone.

It's... what?

Maph, Magok, and Xeni at this point? Maybe Fenric will return one of these days.

"Do you think fox looks good on mysterious forest guardians? It was that or deer for me. I feel like the branch-antlers are pretty hard to beat. Brantlers are core mysterious forest guardian apparel."
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

3. - Top - End - #1233
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    The Platinum Star - Jezzy/Cessie

"Our host is a part of the ruling class of skyside so he has a part in making it the place it is. Part of that is getting to know the right people. So now it seems he might want to expand his influence. I can't see many people in here seeing eye to eye with him however no matter how impressive the party is." Cessie clarifies.

She then smiles at the compliment. "I wanted to try something new and it looks like I succeed." She too would have said more, but it's hard to ignore the incoming train.

"Steam is impressive to people?" Perhaps to Jezebel who was used to electricity. To Cessie the steam reminded her too much the fire, which in turn reminded her of war. Electricity was quiet and peaceful. To her that was impressive.
    "This seem more impressive to me honestly. But let's save our judgement until we get a closer look on the inside shall we?" She smiles back as she lets Jezebel takes the lead on board the train.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post

Once the last guess crosses the threshold, the train door seals of its own accord with a soft hiss. Within seconds, air conditioning kicks in, cooling the railway carriage. Pleasant, vintage music starts to swell in through a radio at one end of the compartment. Attendants at the bar prepare to serve drinks, stepping to the side with a smile should a particular guest elect to mix his or her own.

All in all, the atmosphere is as pleasant and luxurious as ever - some slice of heaven itself.
    The party was to begin in earnest any moment now. The train has started to move!

But first, there's a speech to be made.

--

The broad-shouldered mountain at the other end of the railway carriage clears his throat. "Ladies and gentlemen, a word." A smile forms upon his face, perfect and white. "No doubt, you are wondering why I have gathered you here today." Those rumbling tones, his is the voice of steel and coal. "You are here, ladies and gentlemen, because you are special." The man nods slowly, making eye contact with each guest.

"You are loved, respected, and feared by your fellow man." He almost smirks, here. "You are paragons of certain virtues, the beating hearts of various communities." M.H. takes a sip of fine brandy. When did he get a drink? "The huddled masses, they look up to you. You do not build, no - but without you, civilization would cease to exist." He clenches his free hand into a massive fist. "To believe otherwise is to spit in the face of progress made."

At this, his expression hardens. "They worship you, out there. They're desperate for it."

--

M.H. continues, his stance confident. "And how could they not? It is in a man's nature to revere that which is greater than he." His tone becomes somewhat softer. "You see, it is our responsibility then, to bear this reverence with dignity and pride." An emphasis on dignity. "This is, beyond a mere celebration of shared prosperity, a cry for solidarity." This was something great, to him. This was the start of a new age.

The start of a new pantheon. "Although our values may differ, we our bound to one another by the position we occupy within societal hierarchy." He nods gravely. "And yet, we are too often at odds." At this, he raises his glass into the air. "So join me, ladies and gentlemen, as equals - let us each do our part in building a better world."

A smile forms upon his face once again. "A world where the rules are clear, and every man has his part to play."

--

The man lowers his glass before gesturing to his wife. "Now, dearest beloved, would you do us the honor of declaring a glorious start to the festivities?"
    He retrieves a bottle of fine champagne from beside the chair adjacent to him, gingerly passing it onto her.

He's smiling, but she knows this look.

Remember what we talked about.

[The Platinum Star - Jezzy/Cessie]

The only time more alarm bells has gone off in Jezebel's head was during a warp breach on a ship she was being tasked to instigate. As the speech goes on, she stiffens but at the end she forces herself to relax. So much of it was rhetoric she had come to be quite familiar with. "That sort of speech..." She keeps her voice low as she shakes her head. It was times like this that she wished Cessie and herself could both speak High Gothic so others would be less likely to understand. "I think he's alluding to making a pantheon, either literal or figurative, with those present to be among it." She reasons. If she hadn't been on edge before, she certainly is now, although she's making a visible effort to relax and just enjoy the atmosphere for once. "But maybe I am just being paranoid."

4. - Top - End - #1234
    Bugbear in the Playground

[The Platinum Star - Jezzy/Cessie]

"Pantheon?" Cessie inquires with a skeptical look, both towards the speech in its entirety and Jezebel's conclusion of it.
    It hadn't been the first time she had to hear this drivel. There were political factions within Hestopia, the Stoveranos family in particular, who held very similar views.
    Besides the pantheon part of course.
    "He spoke about worship but I'm not sure he meant that kind of worship." Or was he? She honestly wasn't sure anymore. The whole speech had been so bizarre to her she wasn't sure what to think anymore. "But what would that even mean figuratively or literary? What's your definition of a 'pantheon', Jezz?"

5. - Top - End - #1235
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'm not entirely sure whether he means it literally or figuratively. Neither answer bodes well I think. His rhetoric...is quite a bit like a cult's. I'd know."
    Jezebel points out, sounding quite uncertain herself. "If literal, then he'd have some way for everyone to ascend to godhood or close enough to it for it to not truly matter that there's a difference. If figurative, then it is about simply gaining so much power and influence that we could walk among others as if we were no longer mortal. Both would mean there's some sort of catch and he'd undoubtedly remain in control. If I'm correct in my assumptions. And I hope I'm not." She tilts her head back and forth for a bit, as if tossing an idea around. "There is another possibility, which is celebrity status. Embracing it fully. There are people who worship and idolize celebrities not because of their capabilities, but just because they are famous and that's enough. Given the people invited, it could be a possibility."

6. - Top - End - #1236
    Ogre in the Playground

[Platinum Star- Dinner Party]

"Really? Your mom was all fox-like?" Zee looks pretty unassumingly human for someone with a fox-mom.
    "Well I guess my uncle could do the forest guardian routine but he's always had more of the lumberjack sort of persona, if a lumberjack was also fancy and posh. The Knight-Lord is more of a guardian, and he's an owl. Have you considered owls?"
    This is a very important question, Zee. Have you thought about owls today?
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

7. - Top - End - #1237

[Visiting Family]

'didn't go well' Now Zophiel is curious about what happened.

"Oh, gosh, too many to count," Zophiel responds. Well, the probably are found somewhere in the Nexus, but he's never seen them around.
    "But," he admits, "most of them were just like animals that are really common, just slightly different."

For example, "First, there were a bunch that just looked like they had crystal protrusions. Like, deer with crystal antlers, wolves with crystal fangs, rabbits with crystals growing out of their backs, things like that. They could manipulate elements and stuff with the crystals, but I think that was more a function of the types of crystals and their diet than the creatures themselves." Plus, several other similar types including "ones like that but with iron," like steel-plated rhinolike things, giant rusty turtles that had a symbiotic relationship with barnacle-like things that ate iron out of the air, etc with other minerals. Heat-resistant stony fish and lava salamanders. Unicorns where their fur is basically made out of the kind of metallic creatures they consume. "And there were a whole class of creatures that were called 'fallen angels' but...really, they were just creatures whose ancestors were tainted with angel blood and mutated. There were a lot of carnivorous creatures that looked like plants...or maybe plants that were more like creatures? A lot of them were ambush predators and could move, albeit slowly. Many of them infected other animals to propagate themselves, so Zophiel kind-of considers them in a similar class to all these other kinds. "So basically a bunch of creatures you'd find around the Nexus, just with a different diet or mutation or whatever."

"But there's really three more unique ones that I haven't seen anything like them since," he says. "Um...like, imagine coral. Except psychic. And when enough of them get together, they become intelligent." Or, a more normal one, "There were a bunch of spider-like creatures that could devour time and crawl outside of space. They kept on showing up all the time." And, finally, "There were some kind of monsters that came from the acid-sea. For some reason, they mimicked the appearance of other creatures, but were much larger and always black-colored. Rarely came out, but they were always a mess to deal with. Basically walking calamities."

Basically,
    that's it.
    "...Yeah. Not sure how easy some of those would be to recreate, or if some of those would even be worth creating since they're basically just other creatures with a few add-ons."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

8. - Top - End - #1238
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post

Dipsnig's ears dip, then point upwards again.

"I can't imagine he expects everyone to just swallow this hook, line and sinker. Having money doesn't necessarily mean being smart, but I doubt he's this naive. Maybe he's hoping to shame the more principled guests if they don't cooperate. You know, paint them as refusing a generous offer of solidarity and cooperation."

Wenomir's reaction, meanwhile, is more or less what Kirk expected it to be. He frowns and the scars on his face shift unpleasantly.

"That's many red flags in one speech," he almost growls. "Worship? He may consider himself superior to the rest of society, but I don't. And his solidarity doesn't sound like anything I want to be part of."

"I feel like that'd require a relatively small amount of dissent, and he's already added a bit of poison to that well by inviting you." Kirk looks off in Hades's direction. "Though maybe he thinks he can be more persuasive talking to the boss in person. He never did get past Fade last time. Even if I did provide some guidance over the phone, I could imagine he's not entirely deterred without having spoken to leadership directly."

9. - Top - End - #1239

Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post

"I'm not entirely sure whether he means it literally or figuratively. Neither answer bodes well I think. His rhetoric...is quite a bit like a cult's. I'd know."
    Jezebel points out, sounding quite uncertain herself. "If literal, then he'd have some way for everyone to ascend to godhood or close enough to it for it to not truly matter that there's a difference. If figurative, then it is about simply gaining so much power and influence that we could walk among others as if we were no longer mortal. Both would mean there's some sort of catch and he'd undoubtedly remain in control. If I'm correct in my assumptions. And I hope I'm not." She tilts her head back and forth for a bit, as if tossing an idea around. "There is another possibility, which is celebrity status. Embracing it fully. There are people who worship and idolize celebrities not because of their capabilities, but just because they are famous and that's enough. Given the people invited, it could be a possibility."

"Cult-like I'd buy, but the rest feels like quite the assumption, Jezz." Cessie remarks with a smile. "Since let me remind you, he said plenty of strange things but only you heard 'pantheon'." She looks around. "You're right to be concerned though of course. I personally just think this man have let himself drown in Skyside's unhealthy culture where the fortunate in society are seen as spiritually superior to everyone else. This strange belief that everyone can, if they just have the right spirit, beat the odds and make themself a part of the elite, rather than nearly everyone within the elite simply was born within it." She gestures at herself. "I know I was. I did nothing to earn all my fortune. Sure, there were sometimes challenges I managed to overcome but whose life doesn't have challenges? It doesn't prove me to be in any way superior to anyone else."

10. - Top - End - #1240
    Halfling in the Playground

[Platinum Star - Dinner Party]

"If something so plain as all that should happen, I'll jump off before trying to solve it," Maiel decides. He says so only offhandedly, too busy absorbing the delightful sights, sounds and smells of the Star's interior to pay conversation much heed. He could use one of those drinks. "No, even if you weren't joking... I think that our host is in absolute control of all that transpires here. And besides. Such things usually happen on long trips in the fiction, don't they? A cramped party to celebrate prospective cooperation is a horrible place for a murder."

Maiel watches M.H.'s speech with a stony, impartial look on his sturdy face. He seems to be lending it some serious consideration. Slowly, the corner of his mouth rises in a smirk. He offers a little laughter for the lady's jest, but it's as hollow and strange as an echo from the end of a darkened tunnel. "Ah. I think I see a little of what he's about." Maiel glances to one side. With genuine irony and a little amusement, he asks, "Do people really worship you, Tellysandra? I had no idea. And the beating heart of Skyside's community..." Maiel clucks his teeth. "An interesting observation."

The sound of folk approaching causes Maiel to turn, his sandals making soft sounds on the Star's fine floors. The stained glass affixed to his elaborate garb flashes and glitters. His hands are folded behind his back at first, his manner polite and observant. The very picture of vigilance. He likely extends one bejeweled set of fingers to Wenomir first, offering a brief clasp (no shake) and slight bow at his shoulders. "Sir." He'll repeat the ritual for Phedre, if allowed, his bow deepening. "Madame."

"Allow me to introduce the lady Tellysandra. Unless, hm, you are already friends...?" Maiel's thick, Arabic accent and time-roughened basso tones might not be so deep as the voice of M.H. himself, but it's probably close.

[Gem Dungeon - Floor 3]

"Okay, this is getting way too tragic backstory-ish for me, Rein. And I'll tell you one thing--" Fettina slides her eyes back to see Carmen disappear. "****!" She bolts off after the girl, wings folded at her back. She'll try to follow.
    My avatar was done by Gulaghar. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

11. - Top - End - #1241

Tellysandra raises her finger. "Ah, but the fact it should be impossible makes it all more intriguing, doesn't it?" Telly remarks with a growing smirk. "Besides, I recognize his control for what it is. Just like most things men try to cling to, its all an illusion. Then again, life itself is largely about illusions or, dare I say, delusions isn't it? Just like we like to pretend we are safe here we like to pretend that we have meaning and purpose." A pause as MH starts his speech.

"Oh thank the gods, I was starting to sound like my mother." If there are drinks nearby Telly will grab one and finish it in one fell swoop. If there's not, a tiny rift in reality appears with in arms reach of the archwarlock and a tiny clawed hand emerges from it holding a black glass of an unidentifiable liquid. Telly grabs it and then holds up a blood red coin which the hand greedily snatches up before disappearing into the rift once more.

Then she drains it equally fast and puts away the glass on the nearest table. Some servant could clean that up.

Of course, this means she misses the first part of the speech. Truly it was a terrible fate missing every precious second about yet another host telling the guest it was such a delight that they were there and that they were the cream of the crop. In fact, if she had to endure a single more pun based on that saying she would immediately leave.
    Thankfully, it didn't seem to come to that. No, this guy like religious overtones apparently or at least that's the guess she ventured from what little she paid attention to. To her, the guests reactions were more interesting than the speech itself and judging from it they weren't, in sharp contrast to the other skyside parties she got invited to, looking like they were almost falling asleep or smiling in the most fake way possible.

No, the crowd look confused, some even a bit disturbed. Now that was interesting.

Even more interesting that her date turned out to be the solo exception. "That's certainly one way to put it." She remarks and goes back to smiling as she pretended to have listened. She always found it remarkably easy.
    She gestures to herself. "It is I, Tellysandra, goddess of the flying trashcan of despair. Bow before me." She laughs, already feeling she needed another drink.

But as she spots the people approaching them, then maybe she didn't.
    With these people here she probably wouldn't need to drink at all.

"We're not." She quickly replies as she smiles widely at the two.
    If Phèdre, or anyone else for that matter, have any kind of magical sense or means to detect the forces of that which is unseen to the naked eye they can see that 'lady Tellysandra' is surrounded by football-sized flying eyeballs which all are scanning the party around her.

But most of them now turns to stare at Phèdre and Wenomir as Tellysandra addresses them. "Still, who wouldn't recognize the famous Wenomir?" She turns to Cass but its was simply a gesture she had learned to make as to not make people too uncomfortable around her. When they couldn't see your eyes you had to at least pretend to have a pair. Made people believe that perhaps she was just like them underneath the mask. "And it must be quite a lady you have picked to be at your side to be able to endure this party." She had gathered enough of Wenomir's past to know he had been born on poverty and that he wasn't a big fan of the class at the opposite end of the societal spectrum. "But I must say, I'm glad you're here. It's seldom I get to meet people outside of Skyside these days."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2020-08-10 at 02:39 PM.

12. - Top - End - #1242
    Titan in the Playground

[Platinum Star - Dinner Party - Wenomir]

"We haven't met, but I see my reputation precedes me." Wenomir's tone is stiff and formal, as it usually is on such occasions. He's heard the name "Tellysandra". Some kind of powerful warlock living in Skyside, he thinks. Someone to watch out for. "This is Phèdre, my companion for the evening."

[Platinum Star - Dinner Party - Dipsnig]

"Hmm, yes. Maybe he's not ready to write us off after one unsuccessful business deal," Dipsnig agrees. "Though given what we've seen of his business practices that time, it might still not be very appealing to us. We'll see. For now let's go mingle like the respectable businessmen we are."
    Last edited by Morty; 2020-08-10 at 04:41 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gulaghar and Purple Eagle.

13. - Top - End - #1243

After a while the doctor caught something in his vision. he turns to his +1 and mentions her to follow . He himself walks in an elegand way the body straight his arms on the side not flying around randomly and his clothes clean and smooth.

"Excuse me." Arkant says as he reaches Felandria and Rosi. "Am i right that your name is Felandria? Leaderin of HALO and also ownerin of her own arcade?" Arkant includes some charming magic in his word, non that mind manipulate things, rather some that make him sound more smooth.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

14. - Top - End - #1244
    Ogre in the Playground

[Gem Dungeon - Floor 3]

Reinholdt snorts and grins. Backstory. Oh Tina. No. To Rein it was Tuesday. Just another adventure.

He'll hurry after Tina.
    "Hold up Carmen." He calls out. Sometimes having your name called out will make you pause for a moment or two. Enough to catch up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

15. - Top - End - #1245

Oh hey scanny eyes.

If they've got any true sight nonsense going on Zee probably looks... weird. See, normally she just does this 'generic human barmaid' thing and that really isn't any different than usual aside from the fact that she's wearing a different outfit from her usual. No real details, she just lets people fill in what makes sense to them. Under that is a pretty thin veneer of generic humaness, like one of those faceless people in a crowd that no one bothered to add details to. And under that is an apocalypticly huge dragontreedeer filled with pitch black eyes of stellar darkness. The mountain-sized kaiju is impossibly folded in on herself into a little person-shaped box. She has no soul. No spirit. No aura. No chakras. No life force. Nothing that would ping as the least bit supernatural. All of her is right there in spite of the fact that should absolutely not be the case. She simply is; a brute fact of reality.

Perfectly normal human female you suspect nothing.

"I wouldn't really say ALL fox-like," Zee admits thoughtfully. "More like 'foxish isn't a completely inaccurate description'. Mostly inaccurate. Just not completely. Like as in fox is a thing which is not wholly dissimilar to her."

She grins at Mist.

"Hey, don't look so surprised! You didn't look AT ALL fox-like just a few seconds ago and NOW look at you? So bushy-tailed that I would let you anywhere near my chickens if I actually had some chickens."

She does not, in fact, have any chickens.

"Like here I am talking about brantlers and I don't have any right now."

A beat.

Zee quickly waves her hands above her head.

Just to check.

"Yeah! No brantlers. For good reason, too. Putting on hats and dresses is a giant pain when you have giant branching pointing things sticking out of your head, let me tell you," she explains. "Oh, and speaking of completely non-sequitur conversation segues what do you think of our host? Dude's mustache is HUGE."

Zee always zeros in on the most important aspects of a person.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

16. - Top - End - #1246

[Gem Dungeon - Floor 3]

Carmen does pause just enough that the two can follow her in before she has the chance to actually do anything.

When they enter the room, both of them will notice it's less of a climax of the story, and more of an anticlimax.

See, the woman that was in here is asleep on the floor. Nevermind that there's a perfectly good bed, but she is asleep on the floor. Looks like a regular woman, to be honest. The kind you'd just see crossing the street, if the regular woman happened to have really bad bedhead. And slept on the floor.

Meanwhile, Carmen is not even halfway between the door and the woman, frozen in indecision. Like, what's the best way to do this. Also, why do these two want to watch. And other relevant questions.

Hearing the door behind her, Carmen turns and puts a finger to her mouth, warning the two adventurers to stay quiet.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

17. - Top - End - #1247

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    The Platinum Star

Sensing her partner's wariness, Caelynn makes a point of minding her dress as they board the luxurious train car. "The most important part is that it's very comfy," she jokes, before thinking for a second. "Well, it could be fun to introduce ourselves to Cessie and Jezebel. Could be amusing if either of them happen to recognize the family resemblance. Could give her some awkward questions to answer?" Surely not any actual problems for her daughter, but it'll be funny to get the text asking about why she had to make her answer a couple embarrassing questions about her ties to Magtok.

The catgirl listens to the two speeches, raising an eyebrow. "What is it with this place and forming high society cabals? You think we'd've learned those tend to fall apart by now."
    "The rich have to justify their own existences somehow," Magtok points out. "No one likes being reminded that they have more than they need, and that there's poor people who could use their surplus. So when you have money and want to convince yourself you're not a bad person, but you don't want to stop being rich, you have to give away a little bit of it to stave off the badthoughts, or run a charity, or involve yourself in government, or champion a cause. 'Pooling our resources together to promote growth and societal advancement' is a kind of cause, even if the corrupted end result would probably just be all of us making more money."

Magtok grabs a drink and then pauses for a moment, as if considering his own words for the first time only after saying them aloud.

"...I haven't done any of those things in a while, have I? Hrm, maybe we should ask Cessie if VIGIL's accepting donations while we're over there," he remarks, as he steers himself and Caelynn towards the VIGIL duo. There's also that other thing he should probably mention to someone from VIGIL, but maybe now isn't the best time for that. Never know when someone like our host or thse disgusting slavers might be listening in.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    The Original Hooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi
    You can find me (and people almost as great as me) on the Nexus Server For Cool Attractive People! Come join us!

18. - Top - End - #1248
    Ogre in the Playground

Raril's been politely standing next to his wife. He's snagged a glass of champagne from somewhere for the toast. Listening to their host, he's curious. Worshiped? Perhaps some sort of celebrity, sure, but actually worshiped? Zee could fit that description, though. As glasses are raised, Raril gives Zee a look, was it safe to drink? Would not drinking be noticed? Raril certainly could pretend very well, but some little rituals had to be observed. He looks to her for his cue, acting on it depending on what she indicates.

Presently, he chuckles at his wife's observation about their host's facial hair. As for animals, Raril was rather wolfish, if the head of the cane looped over his arm indicated anything. He was a werewolf after all.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

19. - Top - End - #1249
    Halfling in the Playground

[Gem Dungeon - Floor 3]

Fettina practically skids to a stop. Well, there she was. Tina didn't know what she expected in here. It's about the worst outcome you could hope for: if floor-lady really is just a floor-lady, then it's not like they can help Carmen murder her. Or let it happen. She frantically wings her arms at Carmen in a gesture that definitely means 'no' or at least 'stop'. She looks at the door pointedly. Let's go back outside and talk about this, ey?
    My avatar was done by Gulaghar. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

20. - Top - End - #1250
    Orc in the Playground

Platinum Star Dinner Party Prumet

"I've never really seen the point in worshipping money, personally. I'd rather be happy and healthy than wealthy." Though wealth might make happiness and health easier to obtain.

He listens to the speech, a little confused by it, but he smiles at Message (I think) when she arrives, and will introduce himself. "Hello, I'm Prumathe, Sekhmet's boyfriend."
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

I don't use the Registry; ask for a description if you don't know what my character looks like.

21. - Top - End - #1251
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Platinum Star Dinner Party Prumet (and Leah)

Sekhmet nods. "Being rich would be, uh, nice, but money can't buy, uh, happiness." That's something her adoptive father used to say. Then Leah arrives. "Oh, uh, hi. Prumathe, meet Message. Message, Prumathe." She hangs happily on Prumathe's arm. She's just glad to be with him. "Tonight, uh, really seems, uh, magical." She absently uses one claw to play with her necklace. She hasn't worn jewelry in a long time.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

22. - Top - End - #1252
    Ogre in the Playground

[Gem Dungeon - Floor 3]

Rein narrows his eyes a bit. Sleeping on the floor is a bit of a sign there was more here than meets the eyes. Few things in this dungeon were as they appear. But there were people here who were also relatively normal. Or at the very least easily devoured. So it can't be discounted that the person on the floor just likes sleeping on the floor.

He jerks his head towards Tina, indicating Carmen'd better listen to her or else Rein will make some noise. He's crazy. He'll do it. In particular he'll do it if Carmen takes any more steps towards floor lady by rapping on the wall inside the room.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

23. - Top - End - #1253

[Gem Dungeon - Floor 3]

Carmen obviously disagrees.
    Looking right back at Tina, Carmen gesticulates and (silently) starts to offer arguments about why it's better she stays here and there's really no need to -

But

Rein's threat works.

Carmen pouts and (quietly) stomps her way back to the door. It's not really stomping. She's just making it look like stomping because she doesn't want to make any noise.

Once they're all outside the door and the door's closed again, Carmen says in a harsh whisper, "Why?!? What's that for? You didn't need to come in after me!"
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.