New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 153031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1478
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Serious Plots 8: Rawr serisaurus!

[The Platinum Star - Dinner Party]

Raril looks at Zee, his red eyes glittering. He grins in that way of his. Briefly, he thinks, of course she sees him, but there was something more to this. "I'm glad." He says simply, warmth in his tone.

"You look amazing, by the way. I love all these tassels." The drow runs a hand through some of them, running his fingers down her back in a way that will likely illicit a shiver. His smile becomes a bit mischievous at that.

"So who do you want to talk to first? I recognize some people." His eyes drift across the crowd. Some he knew, personally, some he only knew by reputation, a few he didn't recognize at all. Who was that drowess with Wenomir? He wondered. She was good looking, had he seen her before somewhere? Was she from Delmah Phor? Menzoberranzan? That was going to bug him all night.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Barbarian in the Playground

Oh there's a bit of a shiver alright.

Eight years. She had missed his touch so much.

"Neeeh!" Raril gets a look of mock-scorn, her hand catching his before is strays too far south. "There'll be plenty of time for tassel exploration later. But for now I think we're supposed to behave ourselves. Mostly. Mostly behave ourselves. Like right now I'm pretty sure someone just implied that Magtok is boring and I'm fighting a mighty need to go over there and harass him about whether or not he's going to lett'em get away with that. But oh no decorum!"

Decorum is just the worst.

"At least it isn't as bad as the Delmah Phor parties. Then it's decorum and backstabbing. Sometimes it feels like it would save time to just play conga music so everyone can line up with their knives."

Zee hums to herself, tapping her chin with a finger on the hand that isn't tending to Raril's.

"Y'know I wonder. We're the only Xar'Chas that got an invite. How much do you think it would nettle your sister if I brought that up at the next mingle-and-shank get together?"
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

3. - Top - End - #1173
    Ogre in the Playground

Raril chuckles at the thought of a back stabby conga line, then frowns at the mention of his sister. "Oh it would nettle her alright. I do wonder why none of them got an invitation. Maybe I'm supposed to be representing them?" He asked, tugging a bit at the gold collar hidden under his ascot. "Most surface places are patriarchal. Maybe they just figured I pulled the strings?" He was the oldest male of the line after all.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

4. - Top - End - #1174

"Hmm... Nah, I don't think that's it," Zee hums as she surveys the guests.

That's the guy who runs the Dancing Fox, right? She's pretty sure that's him.

Magtok over there. And the leaders of VIGIL with their plus ones. Someone from...

The Slaver's Guild in Skyside?

Yuck.

"Seems like it's mostly organizational heads and business owners."

And Sekhmet. Sekhmet is kind of an outlier. Maybe she owns lots of stocks and bonds in hell?

"Maybe whoever throwing the party is less interested in the people running cities and more interested in commerce? I don't see anyone from Intersection in here, either. Y'know how big businesses sometimes just POOF! pop up in the Nexus like mushrooms? I'll bet septums to strudels that's what's going on. New big kid on the block is trying to get in with established Nexus folks by throwing a shindig."

Hopefully said new company is more cha-ching focused and less bwah ha ha focused.

5. - Top - End - #1175
    Ogre in the Playground

"Septums to Strudels?" Raril echoes. That was a new one to him. "I think you're right. My family has a lot of political influence, but the cash stays with them. It's how they get rich, right?"
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

6. - Top - End - #1176
    Ogre in the Playground

"We can only hope that someone here will be just as thin-skinned," says Phèdre, giving Wenomir a playful smirk. "If not, maybe I can find another way to divert you, provide some other means of satisfaction."

She leans back out and takes a second quick sweep of the room, noting Raril's attention on her. Maybe she could talk to him later.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2020-08-02 at 11:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

7. - Top - End - #1177
    Orc in the Playground

Felandria arrives at the party, along with her girlfriend Rose.

Her hair:

Spoiler
    Show

Her dress:

Spoiler
    Show

She looks around to see who else is here that she knows as they approach the train hand in hand.

Im very much looking forward to tonight, aren’t you, dear?

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

8. - Top - End - #1178
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post

Time for another couple guests.
    Message has chosen to attend in the person of Leah Danir, hand-in-hand with her husband Mist. You can do these things when you're a divine being with multiple avatars throughout the Nexus. Ever so convenient.

For the evening's outfit, the part-tiger woman has a black vest over a sleeveless white shirt, smooth evening gloves, a blue bowtie. For jewelry, she has only her crown with its bands of gold and single sapphire setting. And of course, she has her sunglasses on. She wouldn't be caught dead, out in public without sunglasses. The fact that they're going to be in a train safe from the sun is completely irrelevant.

She would normally be a little uncomfortable going out somewhere without even a single gun. But with all the security, so many different people from different spheres of influence...who would try anything?
    And the station is beautiful. She wouldn't have thought to decorate this way in a dozen years, but it does come together quite gloriously, doesn't it?
    Perhaps the Platinum Star really is the finest train to roll through the Nexus.

Now, let's see who all is here. Oh, there's Sekhmet, lovely. Tellysandra. Several pretty strangers, wonder who they represent? Raril and - hmm, that puts everyone who runs a major tavern in one place, doesn't it? Dipsnig, Wenomir. Caelynn has brought someone in a Magtok costume, how peculiar.
    What an interesting gathering. Their host simply must be up to something.
    The Platinum Star- Dinner Party

Mist walks beside his wife, in an outfit that is almost exactly the same, save for that his shirt has sleeves, and being a Normal Human tonight he had to add a set of black pants and shoes. Only people shaped like Leah can get away with going bare-legged at a venue like this. He tried to convince her to wear a similar spiffy vest on her tiger half but was refused. He still thinks that it would have been adorable.
    Still, the brown-haired man is trying to look fancy tonight, though he might change later tonight; his pants hiding a spot for his tail if he does. He...well, he doesn't know even half of the people here. But Leah always was the one better at meeting important people than he was. He thinks at least some of these people have stopped by the DFI at some point.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

9. - Top - End - #1179
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post

Felandria arrives at the party, along with her girlfriend Rose.

Her hair:

Spoiler
    Show

Her dress:

Spoiler
    Show

She looks around to see who else is here that she knows as they approach the train hand in hand.

Im very much looking forward to tonight, aren’t you, dear?

Rosalind D. Thorne (aka Rosie) is here with her girlfriend Felandria, wearing a blue and white dress (see below), with her short black hair undone (also below), though she's wearing contacts right now instead of her usual glasses. Seeing as she's from a rich home in Inside's Blue Zone, as well as having some money of her own from being a supercop, she obviously got invited here.

Spoiler: her hair and dress
    Show

hair:

dress:

"I definitely am, honey, especially seeing as I get to spend it with you." She's holding Fel's hand, and squeezes it tight.
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

10. - Top - End - #1180
    Titan in the Playground

"That's something to look forward to, then." Wenomir isn't sure what she means, but he has a feeling he'll like it. "Usually on those occasions I just need to... be official. Represent Vigil. Make polite conversation." He follows Cass' gaze over to Raril."That's Raril over there with Zee, isn't it? The owner of Black Dragon's Den."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

11. - Top - End - #1181
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post

Maiel of Kaen Lua moves into the main station, dressed in traditional garb. He's a black haired, bearded man of especially stern countenance and caramel-colored skin. The deep creases in his face and his middling age prevent him from being conventionally handsome, but he even now he possesses a certain stony appeal. His clothes are deceptively simple in make. When one peers closer, they can tell the petals of each flower on his tunic are pressed with thin shards of stained glass, and in the eye of each false flower is a miniature gemstone. His hands are heavy with fine gold bands, and a large carbonado diamond glares like a black, baleful third eye from the amulet chained to his throat. He moves with the slow, easy grace of the extravagantly rich, but something about it feels... off. Like he's putting on a sham.

There's something he finds deliciously impudent about treading floors like these in the plain sandals of his ancestral home. Maiel's feeling fine in general, really. He hasn't gotten to wear some of his favorite baubles in quite some time, he's got a lady he quite admires on his arm (even if he's merely her bodyguard), and the extravagance of the place is absolutely pleasing to Maiel's discerning gaze. Now if he just didn't have to actually speak with anyone... that would be just grand.

Still, he seems perfectly willing to address Tellysandra. He glances at the lady who is presumably his accompaniment. "I'm a little surprised you brought me for this, Tellysandra."
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post
    The Platinum Star

Jezebel Tel'Vree has arrived! She isn't alone, but she does lead the way through the security checkpoint. She's dressed rather uniquely in a style incredibly different than the sharp suits and flashy dresses, even wearing her hair in a single short tight braid instead of up. She stands patiently, leaning upon a cane with a small demon's skull as its grip as she waits for security to go through. When it finally gets to her turn, she gingerly hands her cane to the staff before pulling an ornate laspistol from her hip to pass over. "I expect that back when we're done." She comments, taking her cane back once she's done. As soon as she's past the security, she hums happily to herself as she looks over everyone else present. There were many familiar faces, but many new ones. If this party were in any other city, she'd feel in much higher spirits. Still, she couldn't complain too much. Cessie was with her after all.
    The Platinum Star - Jezzy/Cessie

Cessie on her part was wearing a two layered dress. The outer layer is black with a clear crack pattern while the inner layer is orange dress that's only visible through the cracks of the black one.

The sorceress of course didn't have any weapons with her. She had never needed any.
    But this place didn't put her in the best of moods. From what she had heard, nearly everyone in Skyside carried some kind of weapon and with security being so casual and none of the guests being armed she couldn't help but to have some concerns. "I can see a theme with the guest list." She observes as she looks around.

The Platinum Star - Maiel/Telly

The archwarlock Tellysandra wears red dress for this occasion and it seems like security have allowed a drone servitor to follow her inside as well. Not a weapon, simply a servant.

She also have her blind mask on as usual.
    Maiel's question makes her chuckle. "You're waiting to ask that until now, Maiel? It didn't occur to you to ask when I offered yesterday?" She smiles. "But seriously though, might makes right in Skyside so I figured you'd be the perfect Mr. Right for me at a party like this with some many powerful out-of-towners. They don't know of our ways so I just wanted to make sure they didn't get any strange ideas."

12. - Top - End - #1182
    Ogre in the Playground

A glorious light appears at the end of the tunnel.
    A single bright, white beam which pierces through the darkness.

It is a herald of divinity, and of the platinum bulk beyond which glides like a ghost upon rails of silver and lightning.
    The train has come, a marvel of modern invention - completely silent save for its siren. It rings, a shriek which echoes through the tunnel.

The locomotive towers over the station platform, a monolith of steel and glass. It is the chariot of gods.
    A sleek, black bullet lined in platinum, set atop railway wheels which turn like clockwork.

It is unlike any other railway engine ever built, a perfect blend of form and function.
    It settles into the platform without even a whisper.

This was opulence, invention - Platinum Star.

--

Seconds after the train comes to a still, the band upon the station begins to play.
    Deliciously vintage, full brass. Muted trumpets and clarinets.

The first railcar past the railway engine itself begins to open.
    Was that a man stepping out?

On the surface, perhaps.

--

The man's body is massive, with broad shoulders which seem to stretch on eternally in either direction. A barrel chest is hidden beneath a sleek black turtleneck. The rest of his figure is accentuated by an exquisitely tailored pinstriped suit. A silver pocket square adds a dash of color to the dark gray material he has draped himself in.

His back is obscured entirely by a fur overcoat worn over his shoulders as a cloak.
    Platinum pins depicting mythological creature rest upon its lapel.

A vast mustache obscures his upper lip, and his graying hair has been clipped short and styled back so as to proudly display a somewhat aged, but masculine face.
    Angular cheekbones descend down into an chiseled chin, and thick brows rest over darkened, slightly sunken eyes.

After stepping onto the railway platform and shutting the railcar door behind him, he raises an enormous hand up into the air.

The band is silenced. It is as quiet as the grave - fitting.

--

At that, he smiles - great white rows of teeth. Then, he speaks.
    His low voice sounds as the earth itself would, his rumbling tones filling all space available.

It is impossible to overstate his presence. "LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!" A pause for affect. His coal-black eyes glance from person to person. "It is an honor," He nods slowly in acknowledgement, admiring the crowd gathered beyond. "And a privilege," He clasps his gloved hands together, cashmere lined with fur. "To welcome you personally into the New Age - an age of unprecedented progress and prosperity!"

"My name is M.H., and tonight I will be your host. Join me aboard!"

"Let us make history together."

His smile widens. A nod, before turning away.

Spoiler: The Platinum Star
    Show

Spoiler: M.H.
    Show
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2020-08-02 at 07:43 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1183
    Troll in the Playground

Default Platinum Star Dinner Party

Sekhmet is awed as the train pulls into the station. It's magnificent! But there's something that attracts even more attention. When M.H. introduces himself, she whispers to Prumathe. "There's something odd about him, but I can't place it." Her sense of divine and infernal power is being set off by him, but she's not close enough to be sure. He seems to maybe be a divine entity? She'll offer her arm for Prumathe to take before heading to board the train.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

14. - Top - End - #1184

"Yeah! A big brass coin this huge guy in a dorky horned helmet paid for a drink with the other day. I hadn't seen one like it before so I asked him what it was called and immediately realized that it would be good turn-of-phrase fodder," Zee explains. "The other thing, strudel? It's a type of pastry."

Of course it is.

That's what makes the phrase equivalent to 'dollars to donuts'.

Oh hey then a train shows up.

Zee watches the whole spectacle with interest, drinking in all the details. Especially their host! Wow that guy is huge! With an even huger mustache! Apparently this dude really likes big, flashy, and expensive looking. Into a new age? Prosperity and progress? Ehheh. Are we talking about the same Skyside here? Prosperity and Progress are, like, the local dog-whistles for rich industrialists crushing the poors.

That isn't the main concern.

As quiet as the grave. Fitting.

Ho now, that's a thing, isn't it?

Sekhmet may or may not be getting divine and infernal vibes from Mister Huge Von Stachenburg? Also a thing. A voice like the earth itself? More things. Call him M H? Hmm...Wonder what the other perceptive guests will notice?

"C'mon, lets get on board," Zee says, taking Raril by the arm and leading him toward the train. As she walks she gives a low whistle at the sight of the impressive train. To anyone else it's just a whistle, the sound of an impressed barmaid. To Raril, though, the meaning of that whistle is absolutely loud and clear. Don't eat anything this guy offers. I have a hunch.

15. - Top - End - #1185

The Platinum Star - Dinner Party

Magtok may be well known enough for a description to no longer be required, but I highly doubt his plus one quite the same. Caelynn may have had a period of notability, but it's not like the catgirl has been anywhere near the constant fixture of the Nexus as the man she's walking arm-in-robotic-arm with. The blonde's about his age for once, slight lines under her violet eyes from long shifts and golden hair just down by the base of her neck to pin up easily in case work needs it. She's wearing a rather stunning purple dress tonight, a far cry from the usual lab coat she dons at work.

"Oh, I'm sure I can keep them at bay if any crop up," Caelynn reassures him, giving the sellout a fond little smile before glancing about at the folks around them. She's not exactly eager about the thought of bumping into Reinholdt either, but she's much less familiar with the rest of the prospective denizens who'll show up here. Some interest piques at the sights of Wenomir and Cessie, at least in terms of idle curiosity; those are Blanche's bosses, aren't they?
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

16. - Top - End - #1186
    Ogre in the Playground

Wow, that guy is big. Opulent, too. He must be funding this whole thing. His voice... Gods, Raril wished he could have a presence like that on stage. No one could ignore it. No one could deny it. He was amazed, and a little cowed. This guy was something else.

The Zee whistles at the train. His ears twitch picking up her meaning. No food or drink. Ugh this would be a long night. It was supposed to be a dinner party, how do you get around eating at a dinner party? Nevermind he'd skipped supper for this, expecting quite a spread. Oh well, he'd endured worse in the past. They'd just better not be serving rothe, is all.

Zee had a hunch. Was this guy some sort of Fey? They sometimes controlled people with offers of food. That would certainly put Zee, their polar opposite, on edge... but she wasn't really coming off that way to him. Something else then?

The drow admired the sleek lines of the train as they approached. At the edge of the platform, he offers his wife his hand, to help her up, before climbing aboard himself. Before he does, though, his hands flash in a quick drow sign. Simple, one word, with a questioning tail. Danger?
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

17. - Top - End - #1187
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Meeting Family]
    Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    Oh!
    That's actually pretty cool, slowly falling like that. The paladin kind-of wonders how it's done. Like, what kind of magic is it to make the fall slower? It seems like it'd be really useful in a lot of situations.

"Oh, that's good," Zophiel says. Didn't want to mess up the whole thing for her.
    Since he's been asleep for a while, Zophiel stretches a bit to make up for that.

"I'll be honest," he says, to pass time while stretching, "based on the offhand comments everyone else made, I was expecting you to act more like Leah."
    Though, to be honest, there's still more time for that. They've literally just said a couple of sentences to each other.
    It's grammatical. It is the tendency of physical things to remain in place, and this is just intensifying that tendency. You have to physically interact with the thing being slowed, but yes, it is very useful.
    "Leah has had so much to deal with. But I think we do have a lot in common."
    Hunter puts on a stern, Leah-like expression, but then breaks up laughing after just a moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    Mist walks beside his wife, in an outfit that is almost exactly the same, save for that his shirt has sleeves, and being a Normal Human tonight he had to add a set of black pants and shoes. Only people shaped like Leah can get away with going bare-legged at a venue like this. He tried to convince her to wear a similar spiffy vest on her tiger half but was refused. He still thinks that it would have been adorable.
    Still, the brown-haired man is trying to look fancy tonight, though he might change later tonight; his pants hiding a spot for his tail if he does. He...well, he doesn't know even half of the people here. But Leah always was the one better at meeting important people than he was. He thinks at least some of these people have stopped by the DFI at some point.
    Wearing two vests would be trying too hard, she insists. A fur coat will do fine.

"A silent train. Now that is impressive."
    They'll need to get some of those in the future.

The man's booming words, on the other hand...high hopes, but little substance.

Oh, is that someone reacting to the man's inner monologue? Dredging up unsettling implications? Danger from the god of extremely fancy trains?

Leah looks over the crowd one more time, and then her attention settles on Mist.
    "Shall we head aboard?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

18. - Top - End - #1188

Zee flashes a smile at her husband, taking his hand and stepping up into the train. Thankfully the flapper-style dress she wore to stay in theme isn't the long, flowing, billowy sort by ANY stretch of the imagination and moving it in is really easy.

Hehe.

Now Zee is imagining trying to step up into a train while wearing one of those ostentatiously HUGE hoopy Victorian dresses. How were you even supposed to get through doors in those things? She has no idea. It's a mystery, in fact. One of those unknowable, incomprehensible impossibilities. The things some people do in the name of fashion are positively amazing. That's for sure.

Oh wait signs from Raril.

As Raril steps into the train as well Zee gives a little shrug.

Maybe. She isn't sure. But being cautious around super rich, powerful dudes who literally popped up outta the earth like a mushroom isn't a terrible plan.

"I think you command the room just fine when you perform," she says with a roguish smile. A playful hip-bump follows. "You know all about the magic of the stage. This guy plays it, too, but you've got actual style. Mister Huge Von Stachenburg is all flash."

Zee believes in you, Raril. She always has.

Believe in yourself, too!

Wonder what the train looks like on the inside?

Probably equally, if not more, shiny than the outside. Opulent nonsense appears to be the rule of the evening and Zee is going to be flatly disappointed if the interior isn't the most ostentatious thing she's seen in the past three months. If it doesn't glitter with gold and precious stones like the streets of the Tower then what's the point, huh?

She isn't getting much usable information on the appearance yet so she amuses herself by imagining it looking like a dingy, dark rundown diner. The sort with rips in the booth upholstery that have been covered over with poorly painted duct tape. A single sad ceiling fan lazily spinning with a strand of fly-paper dangling from it like the most depressing streamer in the world. A little silhouette of a goblin peeking over the back of a chair off in the corner. A counter that serves a s a stage for roaches more often than a place to put food. A ketchup bottle without a lid and a fly slowly drowning inside. An empty napkin holder; as barren as the owner's hopes and dreams of ever attaining even half a star.

Nah, probably not.

It probably has rhinestones in its rhinestones or something.

Zee looks around the inside of the train, trying to determine what's actually in here.

19. - Top - End - #1189
    Orc in the Playground

Felandria continues to hold Rose’s hand as she watches M.H. give his opening spiel.

Well, he certainly seems interesting.

We should get on board with everyone else and get to mingling.

20. - Top - End - #1190

Default [Meeting Family]

[Meeting Family]

Sounds really neat, being able to use grammar like that. If it was taught at grammar classes then I'm sure a lot more people would pay attention.

The paladin bites his lip in order to not laugh. Come on, Zophiel, Leah's expression isn't that funny. You shouldn't laugh at it.
    "Yeah, I got that feeling from her. A bunch of it's my fault, and..." He pauses. "Actually, I'm sure it's the same for your father, Anchor, and you, but Leah's really been the only one to tell me so far." And Zophiel definitely needed that, because otherwise he'd probably have just avoided thinking about it.

This topic is starting to get heavy. Time to be evasive and change it: "So...what do you normally do most days?" he asks, changing the subject.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

21. - Top - End - #1191
    Ogre in the Playground

M.H. is the first to board the Platinum Star, spanning the gap between platform and locomotive with a single, massive step.
    He glances over his shoulder in passing, his coal-black eyes settling on Zee. An almost imperceptibly small smile forms upon his perfect face.

This one was clever, was she? Oh, there was something there - for certain. He'll let her know with a sly wink. I see you.

--

The locomotive's interior is simply palatial. This was more than ostentation, this was a display of wealth so flagrant it would redden the cheeks of Midas himself.
    To even describe the railway carriage is to deal the very idea of opulence a grave injustice, so exceptionally luxurious is it - and yet, an attempt must be made. But where to start?

Perhaps the fragrance of it all. Indeed, a sweet, earthy scent infuses the railway carriage - the aroma of fine tobacco, unmistakably. There's something dusky as well, spicy and intriguing.
    Polished censers hang from gilded perches built into the ceiling, well-stocked with expensive incense. The source of that dusky scent, perhaps? It's simply enchanting - it can almost be felt in the air itself.

Was that why the interior felt so hazy? Why one could not help but feel content, here? Lost in the glamour of it all.

--

Generously cushioned and finely upholstered seats line the walls of the railway carriage, with tinted windows allowing for what will eventually be an unparalleled view of the city of Skyside.
    A pair of extravagant glass chandeliers hang from above, surrounded by dazzling electric lanterns. Brilliant murals and fine, oriental rugs bearing complex patterns provide further decoration.

Enormous banners have been displayed on either side of the railway carriage, each identical standard bearing a symbol - four golden stars and a crescent moon, adrift within a sea of black and gold.

--

Glossy wooden tables separate seats from one another. To the south, an astonishingly well-stocked bar looms tall, its cabinets burdened with rare alcoholic beverages.
    Was that a smaller bar just beside it? Of course it was. Unlike the former, this bar is solely dedicated to the consumption of expensive cigars.

A poker table of some sort can be seen as well, as can a grand piano set in the railway carriage's northern corner.

--

At the carriage's farthest end, a comfortable armchair can be seen - along with a woman beside it.

M.H. makes his way to his chair - his throne. He smiles towards the woman before standing beside her.

"You look lovely, dear."

Spoiler: Interior - Roughly
    Show

Spoiler: Banner/Symbol
    Show
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2020-08-03 at 03:21 AM.

22. - Top - End - #1192
    Ogre in the Playground

"Wow" Raril mouths wordlessly. This place was stunning. He thought his sisters could do ostentatious, but this was something else. However, he found he could get used to this. Oh and there was a piano... oh that was tempting to go towards and simply sit and play. Doubtlessly their host had a fine pianist lined up already. Oh and look at that bar, was that what he thought it was? They don't even sell that vintage anymore! Oh why did Zee have to warn him off the food?

The drow's red eyes glittered like rubies as he took in the carriage. He avoided the poker table. Raril was good, but didn't like to leave things up to chance, and he really doubted he'd get away with any slight of hand. This place was nice, though. What was that scent? The humidor? Raril didn't usually smoke, but he could make an exception this evening. Again, if Zee hadn't warned him off. Was it the food cooking? He sniffed the air. it was good. Ah, the censors. What fun spices were floating through the cabin? Everything was a little hazy. Was it just the smoke?

A smile on his face and one arm gently resting on his wife's back, Raril took in the room, looking for possible name cards on the table. He also tries to get a good look at the woman beside their host. What sort of woman could make a match for him? That could tell a lot about the man.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

23. - Top - End - #1193
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Meeting Family]

Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    Sounds really neat, being able to use grammar like that. If it was taught at grammar classes then I'm sure a lot more people would pay attention.

The paladin bites his lip in order to not laugh. Come on, Zophiel, Leah's expression isn't that funny. You shouldn't laugh at it.
    "Yeah, I got that feeling from her. A bunch of it's my fault, and..." He pauses. "Actually, I'm sure it's the same for your father, Anchor, and you, but Leah's really been the only one to tell me so far." And Zophiel definitely needed that, because otherwise he'd probably have just avoided thinking about it.

This topic is starting to get heavy. Time to be evasive and change it: "So...what do you normally do most days?" he asks, changing the subject.
    It's only taught it very particular classes. You have to get through a lot of basic grammar first, and who pays attention to that?

Before answering, Hunter says "Come on, let's not hang around here." and prances out through the door into the main room of the treehouse.

On one wall there's a big map of the hunting grounds, covered with pins and notecards, circles, 'x's, and marks. A star for this place, and a big marker for Huntside, way at the edge.
    On the next wall there's a door to the outside.
    On the next wall is a round window.
    And in the fourth one there's a hallway they just left, leading to a couple little rooms.
    The completed song is all around, ringing right through the walls, echoing through any magical seals.

"Most days, I hunt monsters, of course."
    "That, or make new ones."

In the middle of the room are Zophiel's swords and gear, in a little heap. Laying on top of the heap is that dragon we mentioned. It's about the size of a large dog (if you count the folded wings and tail), a dark grey color with jagged stonelike scales. Watching Zophiel very suspiciously.
    Curled up by the door is that same black fox that's kept turning up.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

24. - Top - End - #1194

Arkant watches the others come in. Some of those face he met before, but others are new to him. Thought there have been stories about some, like Zee or Magtok. For now it has to wait to gather their attention, since a train arrives. As Mr. M.H. introduces himself Arkant looks a bit suprised.
    "A strange man. he talks high and mighty, but still only calls himself by his initials?" arkant says out loud, obviously directed at his body who is still behind him.
    "Something is wrong with him. Just keep your eyes open."

Arkant then heads to the train and goes in, followed by the lady bodyguard.

Inside he doesn't seem to suprised. The outside has been rather flashy, why should the inside be less expensive? "It appears a bit out of place." he comments out loud.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

25. - Top - End - #1195

A sly wink is met with a snap, a grin, a sassy pose, and double finger-guns.

The only thing missing is an 'Eeeeeehy!'

This expression means absolutely nothing out of the ordinary and looks very silly. Or... maybe it DOES mean something! Something like correct horse battery stapler. Wait, no, that's gibberish. Fleece goldfish tunneling moonshot? No, that doesn't make any sense either. Solar powered waterwheel oxen waxer? There's something going on here but all of a sudden the channels are absolutely scrambled. Or maybe encrypted? Either way Zee is almost without question up to something.

"Pretty fancy, right?" Zee comments to Raril with a grin. "The smell is... uh. Well, it actually kind of reminds me of the Empyrean. Everything smells important there. If that makes any sense?"

Zee really doesn't think it makes that much sense.

Actually Raril has probably noticed that her scent was different ever since she came back. She just smelled human before. With a hint of wild. Now she smells like cinnamon, chocolate, apples, and myrrh. A spicy, fruity, earthy sort of smell. She tries to cover it up by baking all the time but it's unmistakable.

"That probably doesn't make any sense," she sighs. "But hey! At least they have fancy booze. I wonder if he would get super-offed by me mixing drinks..."

She is, after all, pretty good at it.

26. - Top - End - #1196
    Pixie in the Playground

The spectacle starts, and a man with a rather overwhelming presence shows up and greets everyone. Her observation haki picks up a few things, such as the strength of his presence... and his actual strength seems off the charts!

"Yes... very interesting." Rosie responds in that posh British accent of hers. "Let's go mingle. I wanna meet your friends, Fel!" She focuses more on her girlfriend and the people around her, but occasionally steals glances at this "M.H." character as they head into the train.
    Love is the message.

27. - Top - End - #1197

The woman standing by the armchair throne, Seph, smiles back at M.H. They are in public, after all, and so she's got to put on appearances. "Thank you; as do you."

She looks up at the people filing in. Seeing everyone could make being here bearable.

Seph is wearing a gorgeous and probably expensive dress, that's largely black - with several layers, some translucent - and gold trim around it and decoration along the torso area. Contrasting with her short bob cut, her dress covers her shoulders and goes down to the ground. Judging by the opulence of the train itself, it might even be reasonable to assume that the dress's gold is actually made from gold-spun thread.
    Spoiler: dress
    Show

She just stands there, smiling and acknowledging the people who look at her.

[Meeting Family]

Luckily the echoing song is complete and is about more than just hunting.

Zophiel follows her lead out of the room, and into the other room. He looks at the map for a moment, trying to figure out what some of the different markings represent.
    Once he's done looking at that, he looks back at the heap and the dragon. So that's where his things are. Because of the dragon (as well as other reasons) he doesn't just go straight to grab them.

He nods. Hunting monsters makes a lot of sense, in this place.
    "Making monsters?" he repeats. "Like, the kind you'd meet out in the wilderness and just release them there? Or more like this dragon?" Or is there even a difference between those?
    He gets curious, actually: "...and how do you do that?"
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

28. - Top - End - #1198
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Meltdowner View Post

The spectacle starts, and a man with a rather overwhelming presence shows up and greets everyone. Her observation haki picks up a few things, such as the strength of his presence... and his actual strength seems off the charts!

"Yes... very interesting." Rosie responds in that posh British accent of hers. "Let's go mingle. I wanna meet your friends, Fel!" She focuses more on her girlfriend and the people around her, but occasionally steals glances at this "M.H." character as they head into the train.
    Once on board the train, Felandria’s attention is split between admiring how lovely the train is and spotting people to talk with.

Well, I think Magtok is here, and possibly Reinholdt as well, which is always fun.

Come one, we’ll see if we can find anyone.

29. - Top - End - #1199

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post

Magtok may be well known enough for a description to no longer be required, but I highly doubt his plus one quite the same. Caelynn may have had a period of notability, but it's not like the catgirl has been anywhere near the constant fixture of the Nexus as the man she's walking arm-in-robotic-arm with. The blonde's about his age for once, slight lines under her violet eyes from long shifts and golden hair just down by the base of her neck to pin up easily in case work needs it. She's wearing a rather stunning purple dress tonight, a far cry from the usual lab coat she dons at work.

"Oh, I'm sure I can keep them at bay if any crop up," Caelynn reassures him, giving the sellout a fond little smile before glancing about at the folks around them. She's not exactly eager about the thought of bumping into Reinholdt either, but she's much less familiar with the rest of the prospective denizens who'll show up here. Some interest piques at the sights of Wenomir and Cessie, at least in terms of idle curiosity; those are Blanche's bosses, aren't they?

Magtok leads the way to the train, putting on a brave front even as he considers all the myriad ways this dinner party could end in horrific, violent, terrible disaster. He's normally not the agoraphobic type, but being cooped up in a tiny little dining car with people like Wenomir and Jezebel and M.H., well...I mean, he's not expecting to be the one to instigate anything himself, but if anyone reaches into their expensive dress's naughty bits and pulls out a wand of instantaneous fiery death, there's always a chance their feud with SLAVE or KABAL or VIGIL misses its mark and ends up vaporizing an innocent bystander, like Caelynn or Raril or whoever Wenomir came to the party with. I don't think we recognize that elf. One of VIGIL's newest recruits, maybe? That zombie knight but with a lot of makeup, possibly? Whoever it is, they're probably not worth worrying about. In fact, as if by magic (or maybe just incredible levels of narcissistic self-absorption) Magtok's already forgotten all about her in the time it takes for his eyes to pass over her and onto another one of the guests at this little shindig.

"I know I already said it before, but I really like the dress," he remarks, starting to think his earlier reticence to bring her to any big parties was totally unwarranted, especially if it means he gets to waste M.H.'s blood money parading her around like this all the time. He's just a little overcautious watching his step (and hers) as they board the train, as if expecting his pants or her dress to get caught on something just as the locomotive begins to move. The kind of paranoid hyper-vigilance you get when you're wearing a floor-length dress robe all the time, I guess.

"You want to try talking to one of the VIGILs? They'll be expecting me to be up to something, and it might be fun watching their blood pressure skyrocket just trying to figure out what it is," he offers, already trying to decide on the most transparently evil way to say hello without immediately getting punched in the face for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

30. - Top - End - #1200
    Pixie in the Playground

Once onboard the train, Rosie takes a deep breath, enjoying the combination of scents and fragances in the air. "Mmm... let's go then, dear." She's positively excited at the thought of meeting Felandria's friends.
    Love is the message.