New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: MTG Share your Card Designs II

Quote Originally Posted by Androgeus View Post
    Sorry to jump back a few posts, but I think you are wrong here. Spectacle isn’t where you want to be looking. What you want are Zendikar traps, all of them are worded in ‘condition’-‘cost’ order.
    There is also the possibility both are correct. Also Spectacle wording is later.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaman View Post
    The exile zone is exile for a reason.
    The eldrazi only puts the opponent's exiled cards back, so they don't count.
    Runic Repetition and Coax From Blind Eternities only work for very specific cards.

And yes, this single card would make exile playable.
    Um. I'm pretty sure I said, it would be fine if you limit it to type of cards it returns. E.g. enchantment.

And for the record there is still Karn the Great Creator, which can do this effect repeatedly for artifacts. And it hasn't made any exile artifact deck playable.
    Last edited by -D-; 2019-11-02 at 08:53 AM.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by -D- View Post
    Um. I'm pretty sure I said, it would be fine if you limit it to type of cards it returns. E.g. enchantment.
    I don't know why you post as I was referring to you specifically when I posted my points about the original card.

And for the record there is still Karn the Great Creator, which can do this effect repeatedly for artifacts. And it hasn't made any exile artifact deck playable.
    It's twice as expensive and much more restrictive. I'm not sure why you think this would be a good comparison.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Cizak View Post
    I'm gonna be against the flow here and say outlined.

What? Everyone else are against the flow too, okay?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    In the grim statistics of the far future, there is only math.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Most Hilarious Murderer in the Playground. Both his episodes of hysterically ending my life left me chuckling even hours later when I thought about them.
    And more in the extended signature!

Extended signature

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ogre in the Playground

It's twice as expensive and much more restrictive. I'm not sure why you think this would be a good comparison.
    Ok, but did it enable some kind of exile driven deck? No.

By same amount the creature in question wouldn't cause that much of an issue. Assuming it had a specific condition and it returns card to hand or library.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

There is also the possibility both are correct. Also Spectacle wording is later.
    Spectacle is reminder text, they can be much looser and write what sounds good, rather than having to stick to magicese.
    "Three blokes walk into a pub. One of them is a little bit stupid, and the whole scene unfolds with a tedious inevitability." - Bill Bailey
    Androgeus' 3 step guide to Doctor Who speculation:
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. Pick a random character
    2. State that person is The Rani
    3. goto 1

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground

Spectacle is reminder text, they can be much looser and write what sounds good, rather than having to stick to magicese.
    Yeah, but it's rules text is identical. Rules text is as precise as it gets. That said, Force of Negation wording seems to be the preferred one, but preference boils to - I like it more.
    Last edited by -D-; 2019-11-02 at 11:23 AM.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

Ok, but did it enable some kind of exile driven deck? No.
    No, because it's too unwieldy for it. Also I wrote:
    And yes, this single card would make exile playable. It wouldn't need to spawn a new deck, there are existing decks what would play it. Cards like Slaughter Games don't matter anymore just by the printing of this card. Lots of decks that can be hated by exile could play it, and decks that play exile mainboard, (Rest in Peace, Relic of Progenitus) could also play it.
    Which you seemed to ignore by focusing on decks built around it.

By same amount the creature in question wouldn't cause that much of an issue. Assuming it had a specific condition and it returns card to hand or library.
    If it was shuffle into library it would not be a problem, as it would just be Riftsweeper.
    Doing enchantments would probably be fair, limiting it to Auras or Auras and Equipment would definitely be fair.
    Doing creatures would be less so, as it is a creature itself, so graveyard/creature decks like Karador could play it very easily, and it would very effectively mitigate one of the biggest answers against such a deck, graveyard exile.

The big problem it has over Karn is also that this only does this one thing, meaning that it is either not worth it, or it is which breaks how the mechanics are supposed to work. Karn is a more expensive card which does other things, so he doesn't need to efficiently fetch artifacts from exile.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Most Hilarious Murderer in the Playground. Both his episodes of hysterically ending my life left me chuckling even hours later when I thought about them.

Extended signature

7. - Top - End - #247
    Troll in the Playground

Okay,

<cardname> 1w
    Creature - Spirit Wizard
    When this creature enters the battlefield, you may choose a face up enchantment card you own in exile. You may cast the chosen card until end of turn. If you do, exile the chosen card at end of turn.
    1/2

Doesn't put it in hand either, you have to cast it that turn. Also, it doesn't stick around on its own. You'd have to bounce it or something.
    There is no emotion more useless in life than hate.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    Okay,

<cardname> 1w
    Creature - Spirit Wizard
    When this creature enters the battlefield, you may choose a face up enchantment card you own in exile. You may cast the chosen card until end of turn. If you do, exile the chosen card at end of turn.
    1/2

Doesn't put it in hand either, you have to cast it that turn. Also, it doesn't stick around on its own. You'd have to bounce it or something.
    Face up part is unnecessary. So is exile chosen card if you word it differently:

Creature - Spirit Wizard
    When CARDNAME enters the battlefield, you may choose an exiled enchantment you own. You may cast the chosen card from exile until end of turn.

I don't really know what "If you do, exile the chosen card at end of turn." is trying to achieve? Is it supposed to exile card after casting?

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    Okay,

<cardname> 1w
    Creature - Spirit Wizard
    1/2

I think I already know the ideal target for it.

I don't really know what "If you do, exile the chosen card at end of turn." is trying to achieve? Is it supposed to exile card after casting?
    It means you get the rest of the current turn with the enchantment, but then you have to put it back.

Personally, I'd actually say it should be shuffled into its owner's library at the end of the turn instead. Otherwise, multiple copies of <cardname> would work a little too well together, especially with the existing card I linked.
    Last edited by enderlord99; 2019-11-02 at 07:56 PM.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    I think MTG saw that coming a while back lol (2004)
    It's not prediction of future, as much as it is comment on various cards that at that time interacted with "remove from the game" aka exile.

Joke was, that for a zone called remove from the game, it had silly amounts of interaction with the game.

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    I think I already know the ideal target for it.

It means you get the rest of the current turn with the enchantment, but then you have to put it back.
    I don't see the point.
    Yeah, you could include this. And ways to exile it. To achieve what can be done with an Opt.

Yeah, but if idea is to exhaust it forever, then just exile it facedown. Can't chose facedown cards in exile :P
    Last edited by -D-; 2019-11-02 at 08:28 PM.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I think "target it if it entered exile this turn" would be okay. Then things getting exiled doesn't just become card advantage, and the card is much narrower.

Humming Chronopecker- U
    Creature - Bird- Uncommon
    Flying
    When Humming Chronopecker deals combat damage to a player, scry X where X is Humming Chronopecker's power.
    "It needed to eat its weight in blood every second. It searched all of time and space for its targets."
    0/1
    Last edited by Tvtyrant; 2019-11-04 at 02:03 PM.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground

So, I was toying with making a new land type called City. It seems magic has a lot of City-like lands. I wonder what you guys think of it:

Human City
    Land - City - Common
    CARDNAME enters the battlefield tapped unless you control two or more Humans.
    T: Add W.

Forgotten City
    Land - Desert City - Uncommon
    T: Add C.
    2C, T, Sacrifice CARDNAME: Draw a card.

City Planning - 2W
    Enchantment - Rare
    When CARDNAME enters the battlefield, you may search your library for a City card, reveal it, and put it onto the battlefield tapped. If you do, shuffle your library.
    Cities you control have: "T: Add W"

Ecumenopolis - 4WW
    Enchantment - Mythic
    At the beginning of your upkeep, if you control ten or more Cities you win the game.
    Otherwise, you may search your library for a City card, reveal it, then shuffle your library and put the revealed card on top of your library.

EDIT: Yes, I know white doesn't get ramp cards, but imagine for a second it does.

EDIT2: I didn't see the card initially.
    Humming Chronopecker- U
    Creature - Bird- Uncommon
    Flying
    When Humming Chronopecker deals combat damage to a player, scry X where X is Humming Chronopecker's power.
    0/1
    Interesting card, but seems too weak tbh. Scry 0-1 is not that powerful and you must give card advantage for it to even do anything. I think this could have been at common even if it was 1/1. However this opinion changes if there is a lot of bird synergy.
    Last edited by -D-; 2019-11-05 at 03:06 PM.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ogre in the Playground

Human City
    Land - City - Common
    CARDNAME enters the battlefield tapped unless you control two or more Humans.
    T: Add W.
    This is awful. Why would this be printed?

Forgotten City
    Land - Desert City - Uncommon
    T: Add C.
    2C, T, Sacrifice CARDNAME: Draw two cards.
    This is busted. It would be fine if it drew one card, two is crazy.

City Planning - 2W
    Enchantment - Rare
    When CARDNAME enters the battlefield, you may search your library for a City card, reveal it, and put it onto the battlefield tapped. If you do, shuffle your library.
    Cities you control have: "T: Add W"
    I'm not gonna entertain the idea that white gets ramp like this no. Make it green white.
    Also there is no need to reveal a card that is put onto the battlefield.

Ecumenopolis - 4WW
    Enchantment - Mythic
    At beginning your upkeep, you may search your library for a City card, reveal it, and put it on top of your library. If you do, shuffle your library.
    If you control ten or more cities, you win the game.
    The win clause needs to be an upkeep trigger. It's probably fine.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Extended signature

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ettin in the Playground

It is true that if you have two humans early then it means you probably had an human swarm deck or something like and in this case the penalty of risking to be behind your planned mana curve for a turn is too huge especially since at turn 1 and 2 you are basically nearly sure to not have 2 humans.
    The fact it is a city is not a compensation knowing that if you are making a city based deck then you are probably going to not have the humans for having it come in play untapped so it will basically be a worse terrain than a base terrain.
    Last edited by noob; 2019-11-05 at 02:36 PM.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, because it enables City synergies. There are creature cards that gain flying and vigilance as long as you control a City. In hindsight I maybe should have added those as well. Anyway humans are super common in this set. But you guys raise valid questions.

Perhaps something like this is better

Azzam Suburb

Land - City
    CARDNAME enters the battlefield tapped.
    T: Add W or G

This is busted. It would be fine if it drew one card, two is crazy.
    Yeah, that's my bad. The original card said, "Draw a card".

I'm not gonna entertain the idea that white gets ramp like this no. Make it green white.
    Also there is no need to reveal a card that is put onto the battlefield.
    Why aren't you going to entertain the idea? Do you think green shouldn't get enchantment removal? You do realize color pie isn't a static thing and can change over time. Plus realize White is probably the weakest color at the moment.

The win clause needs to be an upkeep trigger. It's probably fine.
    Yeah, probably I need to reword it a bit, it's still relatively new addition.
    Last edited by -D-; 2019-11-05 at 03:27 PM.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, because it enables City synergies. There are creature cards that gain flying and vigilance as long as you control a City. And humans are super common. You get them in all five colors, with most of them being in white and black IIRC (talking about my set).
    It's too heavy a downside and it's too parasitic. If you want cities to be a theme of your set they shouldn't also care about humans.
    Have a look at how gates and desserts are implemented.

Why aren't you going to entertain the idea? Do you think green shouldn't get enchantment removal? You do realize color pie isn't a static thing and can change over time. Plus realize White is probably the weakest color at the moment.
    First of that article was horrible.
    Green has had enchantment removal for ages.
    Bad ramp spells is not going to improve white's playability.
    What colors are good varies all the time.
    White already have some ramp, like Knight of the Orchid. You will damage the identity of green if white gets access to proper ramp.
    The color pie exists for a reason.

You want to throw white a mechanic bone?

Taxation - 1W
    Instant - U
    Counter target spell unless its opponent pays 2.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Extended signature

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ettin in the Playground

Taxation - 1W
    Instant - U
    So doubled mana dime?

18. - Top - End - #258
    Bugbear in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Taxation - 1W
    Instant - U
    "Wait, my spell's mortal enemy is busy deciding whether or not to pay for it!"

19. - Top - End - #259
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Interesting card, but seems too weak tbh. Scry 0-1 is not that powerful and you must give card advantage for it to even do anything. I think this could have been at common even if it was 1/1. However this opinion changes if there is a lot of bird synergy.
    I was thinking along the lines of "scry three off of giant's growth isn't too bad."

Making it scry every turn should be fine, it becomes basically preordain the creature. The faerie that just got made is the same thing but a straight up scry 2 and is okay. Is it still okay if the scry is equal to power so you scry 5-6 over the cards lifetime?

From the other thread.

Burn Away- R
    Instant - U
    Deal 3 damage to target creature or 6 damage to target planeswalker.

Maybe 2 damage to a creature? It needs to be generic enough to be main deckable and do enough damage to kill teferi and oko.
    Last edited by Tvtyrant; 2019-11-05 at 05:10 PM.
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ettin in the Playground

I was thinking along the lines of "scry three off of giant's growth isn't too bad."

Making it scry every turn should be fine, it becomes basically preordain the creature. The faerie that just got made is the same thing but a straight up scry 2 and is okay. Is it still okay if the scry is equal to power so you scry 5-6 over the cards lifetime?

From the other thread.

Burn Away- R
    Instant - U
    Deal 3 damage to target creature or 6 damage to target planeswalker.

Maybe 2 damage to a creature? It needs to be generic enough to be main deckable and do enough damage to kill teferi and oko.
    The fact it can not be thrown in the face of a player makes it not so great.
    It would not fit within a burn deck due to the lack of ability to target players so I do not know exactly in which kind of deck it would fit.
    Last edited by noob; 2019-11-05 at 05:21 PM.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by noob View Post
    The fact it can not be thrown in the face of a player makes it not so great.
    It would not fit within a burn deck due to the lack of ability to target players so I do not know exactly in which kind of deck it would fit.
    It fits in with Flame Slash as none-burn removal. In pauper 4/4s used to be really dominant and so Flame Slash was fairly common, then Gurmag Angler got printed and since Lightning Axe is terrible everyone gave up on removing fatties.
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground

First of that article was horrible.
    Green has had enchantment removal for ages.
    Bad ramp spells is not going to improve white's playability.
    What colors are good varies all the time.
    White already have some ramp, like Knight of the Orchid. You will damage the identity of green if white gets access to proper ramp.
    The color pie exists for a reason.
    I disagree. Blue and green have been problematic for ages. Ever since dual lands. Blue was so op someone even recommended banning Island, since other blue would still have other dual lands.

While I don't fully agree with article, I do think things each color could get a way to deal with different threats in their own way.

If you think hyper specific White ramp is encroaching on Green, what about every color having ways to deal with creatures? Doesn't that encroach on Black's territory? Is Magic worse for it? I'd argue not. Also green getting enchantment removal also wasn't end of White's color identity. You just got used to it.

But more importantly, I added City ramp to White, for one simple reason. If there was a color that would want to build a City, it would definitely be White.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ogre in the Playground

I disagree. Blue and green have been problematic for ages. Ever since dual lands. Blue was so op someone even recommended banning Island, since other blue would still have other dual lands.
    Did anyone ever suggest banning Island not as a meme?
    I'm not saying the color pie is perfect, even WotC agree it has some problems, which is why they make changes to it in the first place.

While I don't fully agree with article, I do think things each color could get a way to deal with different threats in their own way.
    The article is genuinely horrible, as in he doesn't even know what he is talking about.
    Each color do have their own way of dealing with threats. Red can't deal with enchantments in any conceivable way, but I think that's the only one that blanks.
    Every color being limited in what it can do is one of the strengths of magic.

If you think hyper specific White ramp is encroaching on Green,
    It's not hyper specific though.
    The city that can cycle is a fine card in itself, so you can play four of that and four of the ramp spell. Finding that isn't worse than finding a basic land.

what about every color having ways to deal with creatures? Doesn't that encroach on Black's territory?
    No, because the only other color to get hard removal is white, and it typically gets it for 5+ mana, which is horribly inefficient.

Is Magic worse for it? I'd argue not. Also green getting enchantment removal also wasn't end of White's color identity. You just got used to it.
    Green got enchantment removal back in Visions with Creeping Corrosion. There wasn't even a proper color pie back then. It's a quite poor example.
    No one is saying that the color pie doesn't ever evolve, I'm saying you need a good reason to change it.

But more importantly, I added City ramp to White, for one simple reason. If there was a color that would want to build a City, it would definitely be White.
    Let's make Laboratories then so blue can play ramp spells too. And Theaters so red can get in on the action.
    Flavor does not allow you to circumvent game mechanics. Blue might be the color of ice, but that doesn't mean an ice-based burn spell could be printed in blue.
    Last edited by Ninjaman; 2019-11-06 at 12:09 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Extended signature

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Perhaps something like this is better

Azzam Suburb

Land - City
    CARDNAME enters the battlefield tapped.
    T: Add W or G
    That’s a nice Selesnya Guildgate you have there.
    "Three blokes walk into a pub. One of them is a little bit stupid, and the whole scene unfolds with a tedious inevitability." - Bill Bailey
    Androgeus' 3 step guide to Doctor Who speculation:
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. Pick a random character
    2. State that person is The Rani
    3. goto 1

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ogre in the Playground

Did anyone ever suggest banning Island not as a meme?
    You know how they say, in every joke is a nugget of truth.

Each color do have their own way of dealing with threats. Red can't deal with enchantments in any conceivable way, but I think that's the only one that blanks.
    Every color being limited in what it can do is one of the strengths of magic.
    Well, there was a Enchanter's Bane (but it's Vintage. Also black doesn't have any way to deal with enchantments outside of some Vintage specific cards.

And honestly, the lack of efficient planeswalker removal is one part of why Oko is a problem in Standard.

The city that can cycle is a fine card in itself, so you can play four of that and four of the ramp spell. Finding that isn't worse than finding a basic land.
    Fine, would it be better as a tutor?

No, because the only other color to get hard removal is white, and it typically gets it for 5+ mana, which is horribly inefficient.
    Pretty sure White has Path to Exile, which can act as both ramp and creature removal. Yes, I've seen it used a couple of times like that.

Green got enchantment removal back in Visions with Creeping Corrosion. .
    Creeping corrosion That's neither efficient nor enchantment removal.

The closest I can find is Druid Lyrist which is meh and Wear Away. Closest to your card is Hush I believe.

Let's make Laboratories then so blue can play ramp spells too. And Theaters so red can get in on the action.
    Flavor does not allow you to circumvent game mechanics. Blue might be the color of ice, but that doesn't mean an ice-based burn spell could be printed in blue.
    I'm not against that idea. Although not sure what Lands you see as Theaters?

That’s a nice Selesnya Guildgate you have there.
    You mean Elfhame Palace, right ?
    Last edited by -D-; 2019-11-06 at 04:38 AM.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground

You know how they say, in every joke is a nugget of truth.
    Using as meme as an actual argument does not lend any credibility to what you are saying.

Well, there was a Enchanter's Bane (but it's Vintage. Also black doesn't have any way to deal with enchantments outside of some Vintage specific cards.
    Black has hand disruption, which like counterspells is an answer to pretty much everything.
    Also Chaos Warp is the best red enchantment destruction spell.

And honestly, the lack of efficient planeswalker removal is one part of why Oko is a problem in Standard.
    And he's powerful in a weak format.
    I don't think Dreadbore was the only reason Liliana of the Veil wasn't dominant.

Fine, would it be better as a tutor?
    A tutor would probably be fine, though only really if you are making cities a white mechanic, if they're supposed to exist in and be supported by all colors then I think it should be green.

Pretty sure White has Path to Exile, which can act as both ramp and creature removal. Yes, I've seen it used a couple of times like that.
    Maro himself has said that Path to Exile is color bleed.

Creeping corrosion That's neither efficient nor enchantment removal.

The closest I can find is Druid Lyrist which is meh and Wear Away. Closest to your card is Hush I believe.
    Sorry, Creeping Mold was the card I was referring to.
    Also you never mentioned efficient in your previous post.

I'm not against that idea. Although not sure what Lands you see as Theaters?
    For existing cards? Thespian Stage would be the obvious choice.
    But no, ramp in other colors is a bad idea.
    Last edited by Ninjaman; 2019-11-06 at 06:09 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Extended signature

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ettin in the Playground

Using as meme as an actual argument does not lend any credibility to what you are saying.

Black has hand disruption, which like counterspells is an answer to pretty much everything.

I don't think Dreadbore was the only reason Liliana of the Veil wasn't dominant.

A tutor would probably be fine, though only really if you are making cities a white mechanic, if they're supposed to exist in and be supported by all colors then I think it should be green.

For existing cards? Thespian Stage would be the obvious choice.
    But no, ramp in other colors is a bad idea.
    There is blue ramping cards but they are not good.
    Two of such cards are the Dreamscape Artist(takes way too much time to do anything useful) and the Vedalken engineer(if you are doing an artefact heavy deck)
    Last edited by noob; 2019-11-06 at 06:45 AM.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by noob View Post
    There is blue ramping cards but they are not good.
    Two of such cards are the Dreamscape Artist(takes way too much time to do anything useful) and the Vedalken engineer(if you are doing an artefact heavy deck)
    Urza, Grand Architect, Curious Humonculus, Derenged Assistant, Vodalian Arcanist, Qarsi Deceiver, Renowned Weaponsmith and technically imprisoned in the moon. There's quite a few.

To be fair I should have said white doesn't get to ramp, since all the other colors have some.
    White only has Sunseed Nurturer, and I guess Legion's Landing.
    Last edited by Ninjaman; 2019-11-06 at 07:44 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Extended signature

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ogre in the Playground

Using as a meme as an actual argument does not lend any credibility to what you are saying.
    Sure and right now the meme is Elk, Elk, Elk. Do you think everything is fine right now?

If a thing escalates to a point of a meme, I would hazard a guess, that yeah maybe, just maybe R&D ****ed up somewhere along the way.

Black has hand disruption
    Yeah. But hand disruption is slow and generally inefficient. And it can't account for topdecks, while counters can. Saying counters and hand disruption can be compared is just untrue. There is a reason why Blue was a powerful color in old times, and counters are a huge part of this (there were also draws).

Ah yes, the low power level formats that are known as Modern, Vintage and Legacy. He's already part of the meta decks.

Slap a 10 CMC (e.g. 9W) on sorcery and says it destroy a permanent and no color would play it. Hell even a 5 CMC is a hard sell for many colors.

True, but they said it too was a color bleed. And it's legal in Commander, Legacy and Vintage.

Maro himself presided over Oko, the Elk of Elks. Your point?

--------------------------
    But enough about that. Let's talk white ramp.

Imprisoned in the Wall - 1W
    Artifact
    When ~ enters the battlefield exile target creature you control until ~ leaves the battlefield.
    T: Add W
    Last edited by -D-; 2019-11-06 at 08:17 AM.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ettin in the Playground

Sure and right now the meme is Elk, Elk, Elk. Do you think everything is fine right now?

If a thing escalates to a point of a meme, I would hazard a guess, that yeah maybe, just maybe R&D ****ed up somewhere along the way.

Yeah. But hand disruption is slow and generally inefficient. And it can't account for topdecks, while counters can. Saying counters and hand disruption can be compared is just untrue. There is a reason why Blue was a powerful color in old times, and counters are a huge part of this (there were also draws).

Ah yes, the low power level formats that are known as Modern, Vintage and Legacy. He's already part of the meta decks.

Slap a 10 CMC (e.g. 9W) on sorcery and says it destroy a permanent and no color would play it. Hell even a 5 CMC is a hard sell for many colors.

True, but they said it too was a color bleed. And it's legal in Commander, Legacy and Vintage.

Maro himself presided over Oko, the Elk of Elks. Your point?

--------------------------
    But enough about that. Let's talk white ramp.

Imprisoned in the Wall - 1W
    Artifact
    When ~ enters the battlefield exile target creature you control until ~ leaves the battlefield.
    T: Add W
    I do not see much point in that artifact knowing that there is already competition in artifact mana production and That this artifact seems to come with a drawback.
    If it had flash the exiling part would possibly be a good thing.