New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 40 of 46 FirstFirst ... 153031323334353637383940414243444546 LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1371
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: General Anime/Manga Discussion 16: In Another Thread With My Smartphone

So watched 3 epis of Deca dence. Has potential though it most likely won't be one of my favorites.

Talking about stories with plot twist, is anyone reading the webtoon Love Advice from the Great Duke of Hell?
    Spoiler: major spoiler
    Show
    The re contextualization after the reveal by showing the real beginning of their story was well done, it makes sense but entirely changes the context and alters how you view the MC. He was acting like a love sick fool because his memories had been ****ed with and the love artificially implanted by miss demonic yandere.

2. - Top - End - #1172

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: General Anime/Manga Discussion 16: In Another Thread With My Smartphone

First five chapters of a new manga called Kaiju #08 are on Viz.

While the plot is pretty generic so far, the characters are fun and the art is pretty good. The main character's design is pretty great and he makes for a likable hero, if not a very deep one right now.

Hopefully it will be able to stand out from the crowd more, but it makes a pretty solid start.

3. - Top - End - #1173
    Orc in the Playground

So I've been watching Revolutionary Girl Utena (up to episode 5), and I'm not sure if I really do want to continue.
    Spoiler
    Show
    It has little touches that are nice, but honestly, a lot of it feels like runtime padding (the three minute introduction to each duel, as well the elevator to the student council, stick out as particularly egregious violations that seem likely to keep going). Also, to me, none of the characters feel like people; so far, most of them feel like props - Utena is the protagonist prop, Himemiya is a McGuffin prop with a dash of "The Weird" thrown in for one episode, and then we have the Friend prop, the Snob President prop, the Abuser prop, and the Bully Imouto prop.

That said, I did like the ending of episode 5, where Miki's sister reveals that Miki had constructed his own fantasy (with the implication that he was doing so again with Himemiya).

Should I keep watching?

4. - Top - End - #1174
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by uncool View Post
    So I've been watching Revolutionary Girl Utena (up to episode 5), and I'm not sure if I really do want to continue.
    Spoiler
    Show
    It has little touches that are nice, but honestly, a lot of it feels like runtime padding (the three minute introduction to each duel, as well the elevator to the student council, stick out as particularly egregious violations that seem likely to keep going). Also, to me, none of the characters feel like people; so far, most of them feel like props - Utena is the protagonist prop, Himemiya is a McGuffin prop with a dash of "The Weird" thrown in for one episode, and then we have the Friend prop, the Snob President prop, the Abuser prop, and the Bully Imouto prop.

That said, I did like the ending of episode 5, where Miki's sister reveals that Miki had constructed his own fantasy (with the implication that he was doing so again with Himemiya).

Should I keep watching?
    Absolutely. Everything you've just described is intentional on the part of the show to present a certain mood. There is a point later in the series where they reveal that the big speech the student council does every time they go up the elevator is pre recorded and just played whenever they go up it, because they got bored reciting the lines every time. It's entirely on purpose and leading somewhere.

Additionally, if it helps at all, every time Utena is going up the stairs while the AWESOME song plays, just think about what Utena is thinking as she goes up them. No one... has explained what the hell is going on to her yet she's just kinda going with the flow because every time she asks she gets a bunch of angry nonsense. So it's kind of a fun character moment to see her walk up those stairs and just... think about how she is feeling right now.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2020-08-05 at 12:18 AM.

5. - Top - End - #1175
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Both of you can be right.

Kubo's health issues are super duper sad, and he's a really good guy.

He's also a terrible writer in a lot of ways.
    Eh, reading about his extra materials, does cast him in a new light for me at least.

Spoiler: Spoils new materials and the probably all of the manga
    Show
    Namely, he did plan it all from the beginning and it explains why Ichigo was so important to Zero Squad. I.e. if all else failed, Ichigo was supposed to become the new Soul King.

Plus it explains why so many OP characters were fighting along Yahwach, namely, they were rebellious parts of Soul King.

There were a lot of details missing.

To me, that proves that whatever he set out to do, he probably couldn't finish due to pressure. As much as I rag onto him for not using panel, or reverting consequences of character action, there was a part of a story that was very addicting, to say the least. And he did meticulously plan it, although he never fully realized it. He has bad habits, but Bleach with more time, could have been much more.

6. - Top - End - #1176
    Titan in the Playground

So, finished watching Is It Wrong To Pick Up Girls In a Dungeon (the one season on Netflix).

Eh, it's harmless enough. Would watch subsequent seasons as/when/if they come. It's JUST averting the clichés just slightly enough to be interesting. Like when Hermes drags him to peep on the girls taking a bath (because, at the last, they had to go there, didn't they...?) and there raction was... Well, put it this way, if NARUTO did that, he'd have gotten clonked out of the dungeon, but the girls were either not all that bothered or not at all bothered. Makes a change hnestly.

Spoiler
    Show
    That twist at the end when Hermes reveals Bell's the grandson of Zeus? Interesting - and it SO MUCH put into the perspective of the Perverted Grandfather flashes Bell has had a couple of times (notably during the aforementioned bath scene...)

Hermes though? "It is a man's duty to peep on ladies when they are bathing?"

SO MUCH WRONG I CAN'T EVEN DUDE DEAR LICHEMASTER THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU SO MUCH NO.

(Mind you, if that is the worst pervesion the show drops to, it's still miles away better than some, though that's a RE-HEAAALLY low bar...)

I also note that FINALLY Netflix UK has gotten Seven Deadly Sins season... well, four, by that metric or three by the other.

I'd be more excited, but I've seen so many snide remarks in various places about the animation being cheap and static I'm a little concerned...
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2020-08-11 at 08:34 AM.

7. - Top - End - #1177
    Titan in the Playground

Just watched Beastars on netflix

Spoiler: On Beastars
    Show

man, is this show good. just a lot of really well done drama, good animation, everything is just on point, and the way this anime just sets thing up then savagely kills moments is well done. and furthermore, Beastars works on so many levels:
    on one level, its a love a story where a wolf and rabbit try to get together but both society and their own instincts stand in their way, as the wolf constantly feels some instinct to hunt her as the prey, and the rabbit constantly feels the instinct to flee from him. thus it provides a lot of tension just from that because its a constant back and forth between whether its real or not.

on another level, its a story about Lagoshi, the wolf growing up while trying to remain a good person and himself despite his own inborn instincts and urges awakening and telling him devour and kill, especially in a society where devouring meat is illegal.

on a third level, its about society and how much of it is built to control and regulate peoples urges and instincts, as well as how people try to overcome or deal with those instincts in their own way. both herbivores and carnivores have their own problems in this society, with herbivores constantly feeling weaker and having to put a stronger face while carnivores being strong have to make an effort to appear more friendly. each faces discrimination in their own way, with herbivores being devoured and outpowered and carnivores being feared and looked on as monsters. as a society it seems to work on the surface, with carnivores being fed meals that give them the protein they need but there is openly a black market where the corpses of dead herbivores are taken to be sold as food, gotten from hospitals and funeral homes, a black market that everyone just accepts as normal, meaning carnivores have more of a problem with eating herbivores than it seems.

all the while random devourings are on the rise, and Lagoshi's sheep friend is dead due to someone murdering him.

other things is that: Lagoshi is best autistic wolf. Haru is gentle and caring, and I didn't expect to feel so much sympathy for Louis. They successfully took a stuck up perfectionist prick and made him sympathetic and understandable, good on them. I question his decision to stay at the Shishigumi base and not shoot the lions who came for him, but to each their own I guess? Louis is probably dead.

and there is supposedly going to be a season 2. looking forward to it, because this story is pretty good. it doesn't waste time, there is no dull moments, it gets right to the point and portrays it very well. the killer of that sheep guy is still out there after all, that hasn't been solved yet. also its not clear where Haru's and Lagoshi's relationship will end up.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

8. - Top - End - #1178

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Just watched Beastars on netflix

Spoiler: On Beastars
    Show

man, is this show good. just a lot of really well done drama, good animation, everything is just on point, and the way this anime just sets thing up then savagely kills moments is well done. and furthermore, Beastars works on so many levels:
    on one level, its a love a story where a wolf and rabbit try to get together but both society and their own instincts stand in their way, as the wolf constantly feels some instinct to hunt her as the prey, and the rabbit constantly feels the instinct to flee from him. thus it provides a lot of tension just from that because its a constant back and forth between whether its real or not.

on another level, its a story about Lagoshi, the wolf growing up while trying to remain a good person and himself despite his own inborn instincts and urges awakening and telling him devour and kill, especially in a society where devouring meat is illegal.

on a third level, its about society and how much of it is built to control and regulate peoples urges and instincts, as well as how people try to overcome or deal with those instincts in their own way. both herbivores and carnivores have their own problems in this society, with herbivores constantly feeling weaker and having to put a stronger face while carnivores being strong have to make an effort to appear more friendly. each faces discrimination in their own way, with herbivores being devoured and outpowered and carnivores being feared and looked on as monsters. as a society it seems to work on the surface, with carnivores being fed meals that give them the protein they need but there is openly a black market where the corpses of dead herbivores are taken to be sold as food, gotten from hospitals and funeral homes, a black market that everyone just accepts as normal, meaning carnivores have more of a problem with eating herbivores than it seems.

all the while random devourings are on the rise, and Lagoshi's sheep friend is dead due to someone murdering him.

other things is that: Lagoshi is best autistic wolf. Haru is gentle and caring, and I didn't expect to feel so much sympathy for Louis. They successfully took a stuck up perfectionist prick and made him sympathetic and understandable, good on them. I question his decision to stay at the Shishigumi base and not shoot the lions who came for him, but to each their own I guess? Louis is probably dead.

and there is supposedly going to be a season 2. looking forward to it, because this story is pretty good. it doesn't waste time, there is no dull moments, it gets right to the point and portrays it very well. the killer of that sheep guy is still out there after all, that hasn't been solved yet. also its not clear where Haru's and Lagoshi's relationship will end up.
    Spoiler: Beastars
    Show
    I think an important addition to note is that in her most intimate moments she wants to be eaten, her prey instincts is telling her to give in, and the interplay between literally devouring someone and sexuality is... a lot of very heavy symbolism.

9. - Top - End - #1179
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    I think an important addition to note is that in her most intimate moments she wants to be eaten, her prey instincts is telling her to give in, and the interplay between literally devouring someone and sexuality is... a lot of very heavy symbolism.
    Spoiler: More On Beastars:
    Show

Yeah, it also kind of makes me wonder how much of the devourings is one-sided in this world: how many herbivores feel just like Haru that they're constantly about to die and thus get so stressed or depressed from it that they feel as if they can't take it anymore and thus seek it out just to "get it over with"? how much of it is a predator making it happen and the prey letting it happen? makes me wonder if consent is really enough of a bar to morally clear in this situation, because even if both participants are willing in some manner it doesn't feel right- or if consent is enough of a bar, if their instincts can be considered legitimate consent.

like that scene in the hotel room with Lagoshi....she didn't seem to care if he was about to devour her or sleep with her. she just seemed to think either one was inevitable and was just glad that it was him rather than anyone else, expecting his instincts to inevitably make him go one way or another. thankfully it went in the better direction, but it still went in a direction even if it got stopped in its tracks before it got going. similarly Louis for some reason suddenly called himself Number 4 than taunted the lions to come eat him at the end. as if he already accepted his death and was going down fighting.

this show definitely makes you think. even if the answers are unclear. thats the mark of something special.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

10. - Top - End - #1180

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Spoiler: More On Beastars:
    Show

Yeah, it also kind of makes me wonder how much of the devourings is one-sided in this world: how many herbivores feel just like Haru that they're constantly about to die and thus get so stressed or depressed from it that they feel as if they can't take it anymore and thus seek it out just to "get it over with"? how much of it is a predator making it happen and the prey letting it happen? makes me wonder if consent is really enough of a bar to morally clear in this situation, because even if both participants are willing in some manner it doesn't feel right- or if consent is enough of a bar, if their instincts can be considered legitimate consent.

like that scene in the hotel room with Lagoshi....she didn't seem to care if he was about to devour her or sleep with her. she just seemed to think either one was inevitable and was just glad that it was him rather than anyone else, expecting his instincts to inevitably make him go one way or another. thankfully it went in the better direction, but it still went in a direction even if it got stopped in its tracks before it got going. similarly Louis for some reason suddenly called himself Number 4 than taunted the lions to come eat him at the end. as if he already accepted his death and was going down fighting.

this show definitely makes you think. even if the answers are unclear. thats the mark of something special.
    Show
    Louis is fascinating because he is very clearly a herbivore who WANTS to be a carnivore. He is the prey seeking to be predator. I bet he's tried eating meat before... and real life fact; dears absolutely eat meat. Among other things, when they shed their antlers they get super bloody and oh hey there's a lot of resources in those so its time to chow down. Louis is someone who blurs the eye between prey and predator, and is a reminder to those who are aware of some animal biologies that things are never as clear cut as a simple yes/no binary.

I also really just like the world building in Beastars, honestly, and how it's not a perfect world. The hyena boy in the dog dorm should REALLY be over with the cats because biologically, hyenas are felines not canines. But hyena s are more dog like in appearance despite the reality of their genes, so into the dog house they go. It's interesting.

11. - Top - End - #1181
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

I read the Beastars manga so I wont spoil you guys... but Beastars is definitly one of my favorite anime and the manga is awesome too!

Im looking for the name of the Ducktail episode where Launch Pad became a secret agent in the old Ducktales cartoon. Someone has an idea? Or a better Google-fu then me?

12. - Top - End - #1182
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Emmerlaus View Post
    I read the Beastars manga so I wont spoil you guys... but Beastars is definitly one of my favorite anime and the manga is awesome too!

Im looking for the name of the Ducktail episode where Launch Pad became a secret agent in the old Ducktales cartoon. Someone has an idea? Or a better Google-fu then me?
    https://disney.fandom.com/wiki/Double-O-Duck

Is this the one you're looking for?

13. - Top - End - #1183

On the discussion of anime, I'm gonna call back to a discussion hat was brought up awhile ago.

Specifically, I've ended up starting to watch A Certain Magical Index with a friend.

So now I can say quite definitively that it has some severe writing problems in some pretty key places, but so far it's mostly just Okay. It is occasionally really smart and has some clever stuff in it, but on the whole it is not even nearly as smart as it is, and while the protagonist is a decent shonen battle series protagonist, he is also... exceptionally generically boring at times, and his power set is awful for a main characer.

14. - Top - End - #1184
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, the books have a lot of exposition and can go into an insane amount of detail on things, which the anime is required to cut down. This rarely makes the story incoherent or anything, but it does mean it loses a little of the qualities that make it stand out.

E.g. one of the author's stated goals was to get rid of "RPG-style" magic and dig back into the sources that inspired things. Like one book has an antagonist who controls a golem, and he talks in the afterword about how disappointed he was that such an awe-inspiring being with deep cultural/religious significance gets reduced to a generic dungeon encounter. There's tons of worldbuilding for Academy City too - a character will run into a random building and the narrator will describe the state-of-the-art techniques that Academy City used to build it two years ago, along how it was originally a disguised facility for synthesising cheap diesel but has since shifted to growing grapes for an ultra-premium biodiesel brand aimed at millionaires who "want their cars to drink wine".

The movie has a bunch of plot threads which aren't fully explored... because they asked Kamachi to write the script himself and he came back with enough material for a full anime season. He did this with time to spare, and while writing about half a dozen other ongoing series at the same time. The guy's insane.

15. - Top - End - #1185
    Titan in the Playground

On the discussion of anime, I'm gonna call back to a discussion hat was brought up awhile ago.

Specifically, I've ended up starting to watch A Certain Magical Index with a friend.

So now I can say quite definitively that it has some severe writing problems in some pretty key places, but so far it's mostly just Okay. It is occasionally really smart and has some clever stuff in it, but on the whole it is not even nearly as smart as it is, and while the protagonist is a decent shonen battle series protagonist, he is also... exceptionally generically boring at times, and his power set is awful for a main characer.
    From my experience with the extended franchise long, long ago in the before times (I think I watched Index and Railgun on Comcast Instant Video), Index kinda sucks and Railgun is really good, but it's nearly incomprehensible plotwise without the grounding provided by Index, which is a bit annoying. So...look forward to Railgun at least?

16. - Top - End - #1186
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    https://disney.fandom.com/wiki/Double-O-Duck

Is this the one you're looking for?
    Thank you that is exactly what I was looking for lol ! I wanted to see if the episode was as good as I remembered

17. - Top - End - #1187
    Orc in the Playground

So I've been watching Rent-A-Girlfriend, and I gotta ask:

Is the grandmother supposed to come off as badly as she has?
    Spoiler
    Show

I'm not even talking about her all-but-molestation of Mizuhara; that struck me as an attempted comedy line that failed really hard. But she consistently seems to only care about Kazuya in so far as he's in a relationship, putting down his friends and him pretty hard and only coming over to see Mizuhara. I think she's badmouthed him in every scene they're physically together.

18. - Top - End - #1188

Quote Originally Posted by uncool View Post
    So I've been watching Rent-A-Girlfriend, and I gotta ask:

Is the grandmother supposed to come off as badly as she has?
    Spoiler
    Show

I'm not even talking about her all-but-molestation of Mizuhara; that struck me as an attempted comedy line that failed really hard. But she consistently seems to only care about Kazuya in so far as he's in a relationship, putting down his friends and him pretty hard and only coming over to see Mizuhara. I think she's badmouthed him in every scene they're physically together.
    Gotta break it to you Grandma, but this won't solve the declining birth rate.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2020-09-01 at 12:30 AM.

19. - Top - End - #1189
    Ettin in the Playground

I don't often come around here, but I wanted to see if this one manga series was on anyone else's radar. Its a fighting manga that could accurately be described as a Tournment Arc manga so far, but I don't know..so far its just done a fantastic job of characterizing its characters in short amounts of time, the action is good, the themes are good in each fight, it does all the little things pretty well but also does some things I wish other manga/anime would do when they did Tournament arcs.

Anyway, its called Shuumatsu no Valkyrie, and the basic premise is the gods of various pantheons exist and meet every 1000 years to evaluate humanity and decide if we're worth keeping around. At the most recent summit, it was unanimous decision that humanity should be exterminated. Enter Brunhilde, leader of the Valkyrie and a demigod in her own right, that speaks up for humanity and calls for Ragnarok to take place instead. Ragnarok, in this manga, is rule the gods made where-in thirteen humans would fight thirteen gods in one on one battles 'to the death' and whomever got seven victories first wins the tournament. If humanity wins, they get to survive for another thousand years but if the gods win...utter extinction. Confident that humans cannot even injure the gods, they accept and Ragnarok begins but the Valkyrie have something special in mind to even the playing field between mortals and divinities..

Like I said, its a fighting tournament manga, but it does a lot of little things very well and I do recommend people checking it out. Even if you don't find it awesome, its got some fun narm charm as well but if you like well choreographed, thematic fights than you'll probably enjoy it like I did. I would recommend at least reading to the second fight to see if its for you or not.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

20. - Top - End - #1190
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    I don't often come around here, but I wanted to see if this one manga series was on anyone else's radar. Its a fighting manga that could accurately be described as a Tournment Arc manga so far, but I don't know..so far its just done a fantastic job of characterizing its characters in short amounts of time, the action is good, the themes are good in each fight, it does all the little things pretty well but also does some things I wish other manga/anime would do when they did Tournament arcs.

Anyway, its called Shuumatsu no Valkyrie, and the basic premise is the gods of various pantheons exist and meet every 1000 years to evaluate humanity and decide if we're worth keeping around. At the most recent summit, it was unanimous decision that humanity should be exterminated. Enter Brunhilde, leader of the Valkyrie and a demigod in her own right, that speaks up for humanity and calls for Ragnarok to take place instead. Ragnarok, in this manga, is rule the gods made where-in thirteen humans would fight thirteen gods in one on one battles 'to the death' and whomever got seven victories first wins the tournament. If humanity wins, they get to survive for another thousand years but if the gods win...utter extinction. Confident that humans cannot even injure the gods, they accept and Ragnarok begins but the Valkyrie have something special in mind to even the playing field between mortals and divinities..

Like I said, its a fighting tournament manga, but it does a lot of little things very well and I do recommend people checking it out. Even if you don't find it awesome, its got some fun narm charm as well but if you like well choreographed, thematic fights than you'll probably enjoy it like I did. I would recommend at least reading to the second fight to see if its for you or not.
    Never heard of it, but that description has me googling where to get it as we speak.

EDIT
    Looked it up, marathoned all of it I could find. I'm in love, beautiful trash that has be literally crying manly tears. Peak battle trash genre stuff at the top of its genre that reminds me a lot of old school stuff like Fist of the North Star. 10/10 would recommend.
    Last edited by Dragonus45; 2020-09-13 at 04:50 AM.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

21. - Top - End - #1191

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonus45 View Post
    Never heard of it, but that description has me googling where to get it as we speak.

EDIT
    Looked it up, marathoned all of it I could find. I'm in love, beautiful trash that has be literally crying manly tears. Peak battle trash genre stuff at the top of its genre that reminds me a lot of old school stuff like Fist of the North Star. 10/10 would recommend.
    If you liked that, I recommend picking up Shadow Skill as well. I don't actually know if they're comparable but Shadow Skill's protagonist is a buff woman and it has the same energy you described, from what I've heard.

22. - Top - End - #1192
    Ettin in the Playground

EDIT
    Haha, how do you define battle trash? Never heard that before! See why I said read to at least the second fight though?
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

23. - Top - End - #1193
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

I am overhelm by that new season of Re:Zero. I have zero idea how Subaru is going to fix the situation thsi time or why Roswald is being so... nasty to Emilia this time around. I wont spoil anything but Im confused.

24. - Top - End - #1194

From what I have watched of the new season:

Akudama Drive: so you run a Shadowrun game, and 5 people build the most OP thing you've ever seen, and the sixth builds an ordinary high school girl who likes cats. From one episode this looks like a fun and silly cyberpunk romp with good animation. Will keep watching.

Wandering Witch: looks like a fun fantasy travelogue. Comfy, will keep watching.

KING's RAID: Successors of the Will: I have noticed some a trend in some anime where they load the first episode up with high quality animation then drop off later on. If they try that here I expect it will be a motion comic by episode 3. Also about the most generic story starter ever. Will skip.

Assault Lily: BOUQUET: magical girls fight monsters with big swords, but they're actually official child soldiers in a regular army now. Somewhat interesting, might keep watching.

Warlords of Sigrdrifa: more magical girls fighting monsters as part of an official army, this time with outdated but god-upgraded aircraft, such as our protag flying a Glouster Guardian bi-plane. Cute and funny at times, combat is pretty good. Will probably keep watching.

Our Last Crusade or the Rise of a New World: utterly hated the first episode. I just saw a boring story with terrible clichéd characters, and nothing special in the animation or combat. Will skip.

Sleepy Princess in the Demon Castle: made me laugh more than once. Princess is a total spoiled brat and there is no stopping her, even for a castle full of horrible demons. Will keep watching.

The Day I Became a God: good animation, funny, unique premise, cute, I think I'm hooked. Will keep watching.

Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear: seems to fall into the category of "basically more Bofuri". VRMMO with OP protagonist who wears a bear onesie. Perhaps she is channelling the limitless power of cuteness into her magic, but I worry they're trying a bit too hard with that. Will probably keep watching.

By the Grace of the Gods: seems like a pretty generic OP protagonist Isekai, will probably skip.

Jujutsu Kaisen: good animation, especially the fight scenes, interesting premise. Will keep watching.

Gymnastics Samurai: comedy slice of life about an aging male gymnast. Sports anime in any form has never really appealed to me though. Will skip.

Adachi and Shimamura: yuri high school romance, and seemingly not just fan service. Again not really my thing, will probably skip.

Burn the Witch: a fantasy shadow london, and witches fighting dragons? I am very much in. Will keep watching.
    Last edited by Excession; 2020-10-11 at 04:13 AM.

25. - Top - End - #1195

Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear is an OP protagonist Isekai too just one of the ones where she switches from an vrmmo to a real world like it.

26. - Top - End - #1196
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Excession View Post
    Burn the Witch: a fantasy shadow london, and witches fighting dragons? I am very much in. Will keep watching.
    Back to the Bleach Universe.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

27. - Top - End - #1197

Quote Originally Posted by Ibrinar View Post
    Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear is an OP protagonist Isekai too just one of the ones where she switches from an vrmmo to a real world like it.
    Sigh. I should have guessed that when the first episode made it clear our protagonist has basically no ties to the real world. I don't really get the point of "I'm trapped in a video game" when you want to be there. Could just have a normal fantasy story in that case.

Two more I forgot to list:

IWGP: crime drama. Not sure if this is going to work. Felt like the first episode didn't have the run time to really any tension, or a good story really. Will give the second episode a chance.

Talentless Nana: will keep watching.
    Spoiler: Talentless Nana, ep 1
    Show
    First episode seemed like a rather generic mix between HeroAca and maybe Assassination Classroom, but then the twist hits. I want to see where this is going.

28. - Top - End - #1198
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Haha, how do you define battle trash? Never heard that before! See why I said read to at least the second fight though?
    Oh, well all anime is trash as am I for watching it. But more seriously, a lot of these fights really are just sword measure one upmanship contests with characters well written enough to carry some startling emotional weight during their fights, but the actual fights can be a bit lacking in some areas. Well, other then
    Spoiler
    Show
    Heracles vs Jack the Ripper. That one was genuinely suspenseful the whole way through and it's ending felt one hundred percent earned.

From what I have watched of the new season:

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    Back to the Bleach Universe.
    Yep, and I am stupid happy to be back!

Talentless Nana: will keep watching.
    Spoiler: Talentless Nana, ep 1
    Show
    First episode seemed like a rather generic mix between HeroAca and maybe Assassination Classroom, but then the twist hits. I want to see where this is going.
    I caught the first few volumes of this before it dropped off my radar. Might be time to pick it back up again.
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

29. - Top - End - #1199

I caught the first few volumes of this before it dropped off my radar. Might be time to pick it back up again.
    Spoiler: Talentless Nana, ep1+2
    Show
    Well episode two certainly got exposition out of the way fast, though I wouldn't be surprised if there is more going on. At this point I see a crossover between Among Us and HeroAca, which I was not expecting but am entirely on board for. A government sanctioned yandere killing a bunch of teenage supers looks like it will be a good ride.
    Last edited by Excession; 2020-10-12 at 09:22 PM.

30. - Top - End - #1200
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Talentless Nana, ep1+2
    Show
    Well episode two certainly got exposition out of the way fast, though I wouldn't be surprised if there is more going on. At this point I see a crossover between Among Us and HeroAca, which I was not expecting but am entirely on board for. A government sanctioned yandere killing a bunch of teenage supers looks like it will be a good ride.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I remember there being a ton of really odd holes in the worldbuilding from the second chapter's exposition that means there must be more going on because it's either that or the writer just halfassed the worldbuilding to get the plot. I went ready it some after finding out about the adaptation though and I'm starting to remember why I dropped off. The whole battle of wits aspect of things is a bit sloppy compared to shows I think it want's to be compared too and the idiot ball is everywhere. I do really appreciate the stand style fights where figuring out the other persons gimmick and countering it is the key to any fight as opposed to sheer overwhelming force. I think I'll just watch the adaptation and hope it manages to tighten things up a little.